WW Clubs and Groups - #275 Bale of Turtles Meeting the Challenge!

Itryharder
02-26-2012, 04:53 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren )

Princess1122
02-28-2012, 05:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all. My WW W/I this weekend went ok, I was down 3 lbs, had hoped for better for the first week but will take it. Of course my TOM has shown up so that kind of makes this second week hard but will keep at it.

Judy: Your vacation sounds fabulous! So glad you got away. The stress of this job has just gotten the better of me and I am currently looking for another one, the people I work with are just aweful and at this point none of it is worth it anymore so I am actively looking for another position and hope to have one soon so that I can get out of this one... wish me luck!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
02-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi Turtles,
Sending :goodvibes: for everyone. We've had such a calm winter and I am very grateful for it. Looking at my calendar I see that we change our clocks again quite soon and that will make everything even better.

Princess, first of all, Wowsie! you lost 3#. I know you were looking for more, but that is really a wonderful weight loss. You are doing this. :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheer:
Here's all sorts of good luck and good vibes to find a job that isn't as stressful. I know stress can put on weight for all sorts of reasons. With me, the awefulness of my job could be helped by eating a candy bar or something else. I feel for you. On the other hand, you're a great worker and I am confident you'll find something really good very soon! Good luck!

Bandit is probably having fun right now. Yay!

Terri, Loose, Jars, Taylors, Cherry, Life4evr, how are you gals doing? I hope you're all making progress and feeling good.

I've had a couple of weeks of insecurity with my weight loss stuff, but today is a good day and the last few days have been better. Not perfect, but making progress. That's what counts over the long term.

Chime in whenever you can folks. I know it helps all of us!
Judy
234.6/?/179 and onward to goal in 2012!!!! :cool:

Princess1122
02-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Super rainy and stormy here today. Had dinner out last night with my boss and a co-worker, made the best choice possible but I know it was way to high in points... I will work hard this week to make up for it.

Judy: I hear you about the stress and the candy bar... they just seem to go together don't they LOL. I will keep at it and do the best that I can. I tend to take things too personally and that is something that I need to work on but it leads to my stress.

Have to run and get ready for work.

Itryharder
02-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi Turtles,
let's have a great day!

Princess, I take everything personally, even when it's not meant to be. I don't confront when that happens, but I do stew and chew. Ugh.

I hope you had a nice time last night and I know you can make up the extra points throughout the week.
Judy

Princess1122
03-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Another busy day ahead!

Judy: I could not have said it better myself! DH and I went to have our taxes done last night.... it was aweful, not sure what happened between last year and this year and the tax person could not explain it but we have to pay a very large amount of money this year... bring on the stress! Oh well, not much we can do so will just roll with the punches and take corrective steps towards next year.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm in a better place today and ready to tackle the 4# I put on. Hopefully the last pound will come off quickly since I just put it on. I really do want to lose weight this week and get close to breaking my decade barrier. Got to do it!

Princess, what a horrible surprise about your taxes. Ugh. Well, like you said all you can do is fix it for next year.
Have a great day. Food wouldn't make that better.

Hi all the turtles! Take care of yourself and chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/184/179 and thinner working toward goal. :cool:

Princess1122
03-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Happy Friday! Soooo glad it finally got here. Have a great day all!

terrod99
03-02-2012, 08:01 AM
TGIF

Princess glad you have been able to check in!!! Sorry about the tax man!!! Husband is self employed so we don't look forward to this time of year!!!

Judy You can do it! We all know you can! and you will!

Me I made it to Y 2x and thats it!

Hey to all you other gals......

Keepin at it!

Terri

Itryharder
03-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi Turtles,
Terri, thanks for the boost. Glad you got to the Y 2x. It all adds up to a better lifestyle.
Today was another good day for me. I was feeling hungry so I whipped up some eggwhites and a few mushrooms (canned, nothing fancy) and I know that has hardly any calories and will hold me until dinner. I also got on the :tread: today again, so I feel just like that I'm back On Track! OP.
So strange how at times this seems impossible and yet we look at what we really want and make ourselves get back on track.

Good luck and :goodvibes: to all of us. You're all in my heart and I :cheer:
and :balloons: all of us. Yay!

Judy
234.6/?/179 and thinner to goal :cool:

Itryharder
03-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi Turtles,
Stopping by to say hi. DH and I saw David Brenner last night in a small theater on Long Island. He's really funny. Made us laugh the whole two hours.
I'm also happy to say I got on the :tread: and also stayed on track with my food. When I got hungry in mid afternoon, I had a protein snack suggested by my Jenny Craig counselor when I was going there: 3 eggwhites and a few sliced mushrooms. It was easy to fix. I didn't need the bread. And it kept my from being super hungry the rest of the day. Had my normal dinner and snack and got through the day. Every step helps and counts!

:goodvibes: to us all!
Judy

life4evr
03-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey everyone popping in a bit. I am kinda of stalled right now on the weight loss thing. My job suitation is not the best right now. But classes are going okay. So I am thankful for that. Party planning so I am going to start baking a practice cakes soon. Which I have a plan for. Hope everyone is well.

Princess1122
03-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday. W/I was not great yesterday since my TOM showed up, Ugh, I was up one pound but am on track and getting ready to head to the gym for a cycle class to get my day started.

Life: Wow, party planning, that sounds like fun and busy work, I hope it goes great for you.

Terri: Yep, it will be a very painful month and a half while we try and get the payment together and the stress is high, not much to do except get thru it.

Judy: You are doing sooooooooooooo good, I know you will be to the next decade soon!

DH has lost over lbs in two weeks... I have barely lost 2 - how disheartening but we all know how it goes so I will buckle down and work the plan and get to the gym.

Have a great week all!

Itryharder
03-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi TUrtles,
Life4evr, so glad school is going well. That's so important to your future career. Weigh to go! Baking a practice cake. Wowzer! Sounds exciting.
Good luck with your job and weight. Your total weight is still down and that's a very good thing. I bet you'll lose another pound this week.

Princess, you had a great weight loss last week. TOM keeps hitting you hard, but that's all temporary weight. I know people who don't even weigh themselves when TOM comes around. Especially those who are perimenopausal. Ugh. It's all a pain, but time takes care of that. Keep up your spirits. I see you doing really good exercise and you're watching what you eat so that all will have a positive result in a couple of days. You're doing this!!!!

Yesterday was another good day for me. I'll make sure I get on the :tread: today since I skipped it yesterday. DD and dgrandson may be coming over today, so I'll have to plan a menu around that since once they get here you never quite know which direction food will go. Anything from me making toast and eggs to Burger King or Italian take out. Crazy, but I love to see them.

everybody have a great day.
Princess, thanks so much for chiming in daily. It's such a wonderful boost to see your posts when I pop in here.

:cheers: and :cheer: to all of us!
Judy

Itryharder
03-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi Turtles,
I cleaned out my desk today and came across a printed out e-mail my friend who lost over 230# in WW's had sent me. Here's the gist:
On my journey to lose weight, I came to a realization that worrying about the holidays was overwhelming. So instead of focusing on the future I learned that I had to make it through the day. Who knows about the future. When I worried about the future, it made me think it's very hard or even impossible. So all that worrying affected the day and gave me stinking thinking. I had to say to myself, STOP/ Picture a big red stop sign. I never binged. I had to learn to think positively.

Well, hope this helps. You'd love my friend Grace. She is so supportive and always wants us to lose weight and get healthy. Today has been another good day for me and I :tread: also. Getting back OP one day at a time.
Judy
234.6/????/179 and onto goal this year. One day at a time! :cool:

Princess1122
03-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday!

I am going to try and get to a Zumba class today after work and DH and I did go to the gym on Sunday afternoon also so we are chugging along here. I am having a really hard time getting the scale to move, I am exercising and eating within my points so am not sure what I am doing wrong but will keep at it.

Judy: Thanks for the words of wisdom, they help to keep things in perspective.

I have to run but have a great day all!

Princess1122
03-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Good Morning everyone! Busy day ahead... work, dentist appointment... then out to dinner for DH birthday. I got to the gym last night for a Zumba class, felt great even if I did forget half of the steps lol.

Working the plan, staying within my points, have only used a few of my extra weekly points and really none of the activity points this week, been to the gym three times this week so far so things are moving along and hoping to see something on the scale this weekend to reflect the effort.

Have a to run, running late already and it is not even 5:00 am yet!
Have a great day everyone!

Bandit posted over on facebook, looks like she is enjoying her holiday and tried to post over here but it did not go thru.

terrod99
03-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Hey All !!

I've been MIA! Been mourning the loss of my Uncle, he was only 63 and passed suddenly. So trying to get back into a routine!!!! Now March break starts tommorrow so thats going to mess with my schedule. I am taking a couple of days off to hang out with my son, but will be working a few days.
I feel rotten from not exercising that was the only thing I had going!!!

Anyway pitty party officially ended!!! down with the scale!!!

Terri

bandit2
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi turtles - Still on holidays, go home tomorrow so making most of last day down here. Weather has been great and got in lots of walks/swims and fun with my friends.

Haven't done too bad foodwise, but did have some dinners out & highest point one would have been Outback. Anyway I have walked lots and feel pretty good about staying on track most of the time

Congrats to all of you have lost at the scales & for those struggling, just do your best and results will eventually follow

All - have a great week

Itryharder
03-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Terri, sorry about the loss of your uncle. 63 seems so young nowadays. I'm sending :goodvibes: to help you cope.

Princess, here's hoping you have a :goodscale: this weekend. I love that you're getting in exercise and doing the right thing. :hb: for your dh.

Bandit, glad you're having a great vacation. :swim: :beach: Have fun!

Things going nutsy here. Having hard time catching a break. I babysat my grandson yesterday and got him to the doctor. Then last night I brought him to my home so he could be here with dh and me. It'll all work out. Food has been ridiculous. I've gotta get into my head and stop this stalling that I've been doing since the new year.

:cheers: to all the turtles! Let's keep on moving down.!!!!!
Judy

Princess1122
03-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! This week has been very stressful with work again but for the most part I am working thru it. Went to TOPS last night, was down 1 lb so was ok with that but need to do better. We had our officer elections last week and I declined being the secretary again this coming year, I just have too much on my plate so told them that someone else would need to do it this year. I need to lessen my load so am starting now!

Terri: Very sorry to hear about your Uncle, that is very sad and take your time to mourn - it is hard when we lose someone close and time is the key to making us feel better I think.

Judy: I hear you on the stress, getting things to click, etc. I am working on it too. Starting my getting rid of some of my commitments and stress. Had a conversation with my boss last night over the phone and expressed my concerns and how unhappy I was with this weeks developments. Not sure it helped the situation but holding it all in was not helping me, it was time to let the crud fly and the chips fall where they may!

Bandit: So glad you have had nice weather and got out to enjoy it, what a wonderful thing you are doing for your overall health, time with friends and relaxation just makes for a happier and healthier person I think.

Life: How are you doing?

Cherry: How are things with you?

Hope everyone is doing good and have a great weekend!

Itryharder
03-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, 1# down! Weigh to go! :goodscale: :bravo: :cheer: :cheers:
You are doing this. Love that you're lightening up the stress in your life.
I have a famous thought that plays around in my head: Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to!!!!! Good luck with the gym and food this week.

I'm doing so much better. Had gotten into a funk and it showed in my food. I won't dare weigh myself, but this will all change and I'll be going down again and I'll continue to work on getting to goal this year.

Terri and Bandit and Cherry and life and Jars and Taylor and all the gals:
:goodvibes: we love hearing from you. We can do this. If it were easy no one would be chubby!!!!
Judy
234.6/?/179 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
03-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Good morning all and happy Saturday! Cold here but at least they are not calling for rain today. Need to get ready to go to WW this morning then to the grocery store and then off to meet with my knitting buddies.

Judy: I understand funk! LOL... so glad to hear that you are coming out of it and getting back on track. I just know 2012 will be your year!

Have a great day everyone!

bandit2
03-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Morning, turtles

Back from holiday safely and had great time with my friends but glad to be back home & get back into my routine. Going to rejoin walking centre today which I really like and I find that helps keep me on track.

Terri - sorry for your loss, you take care of yourself during this time.

Princess - congrats on your weight loss this week, you are doing great.
Judy has right attitude and others will soon step up when you don't. It took me a long time to learn to say NO but if I really don't or can't do something I say no and rarely offer explanation. At first some were surprised but I have less stress and that works for me.

Judy - sorry to hear you got sidetracked and hope you get your focus right back and go from here.

Spent yesterday afternoon with my dd and we got all caught up on things and went for mani/pedi which felt great, also had dinner out. So nice way to spend the day with just getting home. Today is unpacking and planning out menu for this week.

All - good luck at the scales!

Princess1122
03-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday. Just a quick check in before I do a few things around the house and then head to the gym for a cycle class. My back is flaring up again so am not sure what is causing that but will take my exercise as easy as I can so I don't make it worse.

Today we are doing the family dinner for DH birthday, he did not pick very friendly foods which surprises me since he is really taking WW seriously - oh well I have added a large salad and some steamed veggies to the menu and will focus on those and leave the rest I think. Not sure what he was thinking lol but he did pick a celebration cake and I am sure how that points out these days but I am sure it is at least a bit better than most other options.

Banit: Glad you are home safe and that you enjoying your Holiday... so nice to get away and be with friends! and a Mani and Pedi to top it all off... how wonderful is that! Silly question here but do you observe Daylight Savings in Canada?

Judy: Your advice was fabulous as always and I have always apprciated your words of wisdom and they are truly that... words from a very wise person! Hope your weekend is going well and that you are getting some "you" time in.

All: Have a great weekend and chime in when you can!

Itryharder
03-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Good morning Turtles,
Bandit, glad you had a wonderful time with friends on vacation. And I get that you would also be happy to be back home and into routine. Good for you for planning this week for :exercise: and :chef: Weigh to go. Hey, as an aside, I made the Impossible Veggie Pie last night but with a tiny difference. I topped the pie with a sprinkle of oregano, sliced tomatoes, and some parmesan cheese. I must say it was really good and the tomatoes bulked it up even more. So nice you and dd could get together and have such a wonderful time. :bravo:

Princess, glad you've still got your knitting group going. Sounds like a very nice way to unwind-----your stress, not the yarn----. Good to have things to do outside the home now and then. Enjoy the :hb: for your dh. I like the idea of a big salad and a bit of protein and let the rest of the festivities be focused on that beautiful grandbaby and your loved ones and off the food.
So easy to say, but I know people who are able to do that and we all might as well be those people too! :gift: :high:

We're in the middle of a time change here and this time we lose the hour. This is always super tough for dh. I love it even though it interferes with my sleep because I get my longer day. Yay.
Last night Dh and I had a date night. We went to our local university where Bebe Neuwirth performed. She did Songs with a Piano. She sang songs that told a story. They were eclectic. Her voice is great, and it was very dramatic. Good for my dh and me to get out.
I've also conquered the funk for now. My food has been good for several days, the pounds are coming down, and within the next two weeks I should be able to see a real weight loss again. I'll keep this going as long as I can.

Thinking about Bandit's post. Isn't it interesting how we've gotten to the point where we prefer being on track? I know I also feel better physically and emotionally when I eat healthy for myself. Yay!

Today we'll get together with at least one daughter and grandson to have a nice relaxing afternoon. Not sure where we'll gather, but either place is fine.

Okay, gotta go do some stuff. Everybody have a wonderful day. it's bright and sunny here. Chime in when you can. The Turtles are great people and we love to hear about your progress. When you're doing great and let us know about it, you help us. When you're not doing so great and let us know about it, we can help you.

Princess, thanks for the "wise" comment. It made me feel great because I sure don't always act wise.
Love you girls,
Judy
234.6/183/179 and thinner :cool: and on to goal in 2012
Maybe a better goal in 175# by Easter!!!!!

bandit2
03-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - yes, we turned our clocks forward at 2 a.m. so we lose an hour
"Spring Forward, Fall Back" is a little reminder.

Judy - glad to hear you are dropping in weight. Getting back to things makes us all feel better.

Beautiful sunny day today - I was out feeding my outside pets and it was really nice out there

Have some errands today and menu planning and thats about it. Rejoined
my walking centre yesterday and got in a 3 mile walk & planning on going later this afternoon.

All - have a great Sunday!

Princess1122
03-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all... ugh, not loving the Monday thing, the weekend went toooooo fast!

Satruday was my official W/I day and I was down 2.4 so was happy about that. Got the the gym yesterday for a short cycle class which is about all I can do as I get back into the swing of things. Tonight I babysit my grandbaby so will be busy with that.

Bandit: Yep, we have always used that saying to remember which way to turn the clocks also. What kind of outside pets do you have?

Judy: Your weekend and your date night sounds fabulous!

Have to run! Have a great day all!

CherryAutumn
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Ladies I am so sorry I have been MIA so long. Things have been so crazy lately. I have some dental work that will take several appointments and also will probably need to make an appointment for my Gallbladder. (Change in diet just doesnt seem to be cutting it.) Lowest weight I have seen this week is 203.8 I can see Onederland on the horizon! I can finally wear my engagement and wedding ring again! It has been almost 7 yrs.

Terri- I am so sorry to hear about your uncle.
Hello to Judy, Loose, Princess, Life4evr, Bandit and any one else i may have accidentaly forgot.

Itryharder
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Princess, :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheer: Wow! What a great weight loss!!! It's wonderful to do the right thing and then have the pounds drop. You're well on your way. Yay! Keep up the good work.

Cherry, you are doing fabulously well. congrats on wearing your ring and getting within grabbing distance of 200#. You've got the golden ring on the carousel. Weigh to go . Sorry about the dental work and the gallbladder----I think it's incredible that you're doing so well with all these situations and also the young family. Weigh to go! :goodscale:

Loose, how could I possibly have forgotten to say hi to you! How are you doing?

Today has been a very good day. I've got a potato in my toaster oven instead of nuking it and although I'd like to eat right now, it's not ready. This is a great way to spend a minute and help the time pass. We are doing this!!!!!

Okay, have another great day, everyone and chime in when you can. I'm seeing some very good numbers on the signatures here. We are doing this!

Judy
234.6/?/179 and on to goal this year.

Princess1122
03-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Morning everyone, I hit the snooze button one too many times so I need to just say a quick hello and then log off.

Best wishes for a great day all!

bandit2
03-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone

Beautiful day up here, which is great!

Princess - my outside pets are just birds & squirrels. I always had a cat and couldn't feed the birds, so now I am enjoying the cardinals, blue jays, finches

Judy - how are you doing with things?

All - have a good weigh in

jar1965
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone! BEAUTIFUL day here too!
Just a quick fly by to say hi and that I'm thinking about you~

Princess1122
03-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! The weather here is just beautiful and that is going to change according to the weather man so I am soaking it up now! Got to the park with the dogs yesterday since I got home too late to get to the zumba class.

Bandit: Yep, I have those same outside pets too lol, we feed the birds and squirrels also, they are fun to watch when we have time.

Jar: Glad to see you and I hope that things are going well for you!

Judy: Hope your week is going great!

Cherry: Wow you have a lot going on with your health, take care of yourself!

Life: How are you doing so far this week?

Have to run!

terrod99
03-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Hey All March Breaking it here!

Thanks to all for the condolences.

Yesterday to local Zoo to see new camel, nice walk beautiful day, to day to Toronto to Museum to see Myan exhibit, so again lots of walking.

Hope you are all well and keepin at it! Will be glad to get back to routine next week!!!!

Terri

eeyoredja
03-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi! Was wondering if I can join in with you guys? I have done ww before, and had success with it, got pregnant with my son, who is 2, then turned around and got pregnant with my daughter who is 10 months. Now that I am not nursing anymore, it's time to get the weight off! Can't wait to get to know ya'll better!

CherryAutumn
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Donna - Welcome! I know what is is like to lose weight with little ones. I have three ages 2 1/2, 4 1/2, and 6 1/2. Some days the threads a little slow but most days there is always some here to support you.

Hello to Judy, jars, loose,life4ever, bandit, princess, and terri. Sorry if i forgot anyone. Keep up the good work.

Princess1122
03-16-2012, 06:03 AM
Good morning all and very happy Friday to everyone! We are doggy sitting for a friend and last night was her first night here so there was not a lot of sleep had here last night lol... ugh. Ready to get this day over with!

So I did get to my TOPS meeting last night, thought I was going to have to babysit but it turns out I was not needed so I grabbed my bag and headed to W/I and meeting. I was thrilled with my numbers last night... down 4.0 lbs! It is finally starting to pay off and that is a huge motivation to me at this point. I am hoping tomorrow at WW I have a nice loss also. Working the plan I am I am!

Donna: Welcome!!! We are thrilled to have you and you are a fellow Hoosier! Awesome! I live in Indy, have two grown boys, became a grandmother for the first time a little over a year ago. I am a project coordiantor currently working at WellPoint downtown on a very busy project that is very stressful so I had a rough time for a while there but things are calming down finally! This is a great group of ladies and we also have a FaceBook page if you are interested in that as well.

Judy: Hope your week is going great! Any plans for the weekend?

Bandit: How are you doing since being back from Holiday?

Jar: Hope you are doing well!

Cherry: Any plans for the weekend? How are all the kids feeling these days?

Life: Anything new with you this week?

Terri: Sounds like you are enjoying some nice down time doing things with your family around your area.

I have to run, busy day ahead - lets make it a good one ladies!

Itryharder
03-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Okay, sorry I've been MIA. Good wishes to all the Turtles and a special
:welcome3: to Donna.
It has been more than crazy here and every place I turn I'm needed and that's what has been happening.
My food has been okay, but not good enough to lose with. My :exercise: slowed and stopped again because I don't have the time. Do you hear my excuses?
Love you all! Loved reading the posts this morning.
Ds and family are driving down today to spend the weekend. They are from upstate NY. Tomorrow we'll have about 22 people here for a St. Pat's party.
I'm cooking traditional corned beef and cabbage. It'll be fun. I'll have to keep in mind what I want most------which is weight loss, not a second helping!
Really gotta run. You're all on my mind and when things slow down, I'll be back to posting daily.
Judy

eeyoredja
03-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Things are going pretty good here, just crazy busy with the kiddos. My little princess will be 1 in just over a month so party planning is in full swing. Trying to plan some healthy options for her party.

Itryharder
03-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Donna, thanks for the info! We'll love having you here.
Princess, wow!!!!! :goodscale: you are working this program. What a wonderful loss. Keep up the good work. :bravo: :cheer: :balloons:

Gotta run, but just had to say hi and great going, Princess.
Judy

Princess1122
03-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Good morning all and happy Saturday to you all! The weather has been crazy warm here so we are enjoying some wonderful outside time. I am going to meet my DIL and G-Baby for a walk at one of the near by State Parks today if the weather holds, they are calling for rain on and off all weekend so we will see how long mother nature lets us have outside today.

I have lots of things that I need to do for work and will be doing that on my "Off" time this weekend along with errands, my knitting class, and going to the Flower and Patio Show with DH on Sunday... busy weekend!

I will update my numbers here once I get back from my WW meeting this morning and use that figure going forward I think since it is confusing to try and figure out my actual weekly weight loss between the two meetings, etc.

Judy: I hope things calm down for you and that you are able to enjoy your weekend. Take care of you and I love you saying about second helpings!

Donna: You sound busy! My DS's first birthday was a couple of months ago and my DIL worked her butt off for that event and it was really wonderful. Good luck with your planning!

Bandit: What are you plans for the weekend? Have you been out enjoying the nice weather?

Cherry, Jar, Life, and everyone: Have a great weekend!

Itryharder
03-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!! to the Turtles.
We are the best.
Judy

bandit2
03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Morning turtles

Donna - welcome to our group, these ladies are awesome with advice, support and recipes

Princess - glad to see you are doing great at the scales, nice job

Judy - busy lady (as usual) have no idea how you keep up with everything but nice to see you posting regularly as well.

I was down 2# Thurs evening at Tops, so was thrilled seeing a loss after being on holidays for 2 weeks. My walking/swimming sure helped with that.

Princess - yes, weather has been great up here as well.
Tonight I have a party which will be celebrating St Pattys as well as March
birthdays (there are 9 of us) So that will be this weekends challenge, all
the goodies to snack on.

When I was in Florida I ate wraps that were only 3 points which is low
They were called Flatout flatbreads and come in different varieties. They
don't sell them here in regular stores, but found one closeby my work.
You can fill them up nicely for low point sandwich.

Have a good OP day!

Princess1122
03-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday, it is a rainy day here so a good day to do things inside.

Went to WW W/I and meeting yesterday and was down 4.4 lbs from my last W/I there so felt really good about that! I have updated my information with my WW info and will use that moving forward.

Lots on my to-do list today so I need to get moving! Have a great day all!

Bandit: The Flatout Wraps are very good, I have used those a lot in the past - glad you were able to find them around your area.

Judy: Happy St Patty's day to you too! I did not do much but I did put a Corned Beef Brisk. in the crockpot and we had that a boiled potatoes for supper last night :D

All: Hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful weekend.

Itryharder
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi All,
Bandit, weigh to go !!!!! Actually losing weight on vacation is fabulous!
:goodscale: and :bravo: and :beach: Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to exercise and good eating. Yay!

Princess, you are so close to a breakthrough point. You're doing great! What a wonderful weight loss. Onward and downward is what I say!
:goodscale: :cheer: :balloons:

I had a great weekend, but now I need to concentrate on food more keenly.
I haven't stepped on the scale because I know it won't be good. So much going on this week. I need to prioritize and see if I can concentrate on only doing things I need to do or want to do. That's a good place to start.

:goodvibes: to all of us. We can do this!
Son and grandchildren were here from Friday thru Sunday. House is quiet now and that's a good thing. Big party here yesterday and it was fun.

Talk soon!
Judy

Princess1122
03-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Morning all and happy Monday! Ugh, so tired this morning, I stayed up later than usual to finish a knitting project and am paying for it now.

I need to get moving so will check in again later on but wanted to wish everyone a great day!

terrod99
03-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Happy Monday And back to routine!!

I am up and off to the Y before work.

Welcome to Donna!!!!

Princess and Bandit! you guys are doing a great job!!! Keep on loosin!
Judy Hope you had a nice family weekend!! and lost too!

Terri Back at it!~

Taylorsjourney
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Good Morning everyone.. it's been a long time but here I am.. I've had my surgery and am into week 4 of recovery.. slow and steady this isn't a race is what the nurses all kept repeating and boy did they mean it.. healing is progressing smoothly but I do tire easy...3 more weeks then I head back to work at a light load to gradually bring me back up to speed.... weight wise I have gone up but not as bad as I thought when I got onto the scale today.. it was the first time I had the nerve to look .. I've tried to manage the food intake but not always successful either.. on the up note I have managed to walk some and even though it's slow it's movement.. today I tested the treadmill out and 20 minutes was my cut off time.. I consider this a huge accomplishment and will now wait to see if there is any discouraging results from it.. if not wahoo one more step forward..

I hope to read thru the blogs to catch up and check in more often ... trying to bring normal back into my life..

Wishing everyone an awesome day and hoping you are all experiencing this gorgeous weather!!

CherryAutumn
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Princess- looks like you are doing great with weight loss.
Taylor- Glad to hear you are doing well on your road to recovery.
Donna- I know how hectic it can be with little ones.
Judy- You can do this!
Also a hello to Bandit, Terri, Jars, and life4evr

On Sat. for weigh in I was down -2.6 pounds. My weight is going back up thanks to that TOM. Blah. Probably wont see a drop for almost 2 weeks now. First of four dentist appointments is on Wednesday. Then I will probably get an appointment for my Gallbadder.

Itryharder
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Cherry, you are sooooooooooooooo close to breaking 200#. You're doing great, especially with all you're dealing with.

Taylors, so glad to see you back here. I was wondering about your surgery, so glad you're on the mend.

Terri, I like your spirit and exercise.

For me, dh and I have been too busy lately and we're re-evaluating all the things we do. Making pretty big decisions about how to use our energy to get the most enjoyment from our efforts. I know we're lucky, but I am really tired today and it's important to get my weight loss priority back in line. Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. WE can do this
Judy

Princess1122
03-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Another busy day here but I did manage to get out for a quick walk with the dogs yesterday and am hoping to get to the gym after work today but I have a couple of late meetings so now sure when I will get there.

Food is pretty good so far this week although I did find that with the hiking on Saturday and cycle class on Sunday I was super hungry and went into my weekly extra points.

Judy: Totally understand and agree that we need to spend our time wisely which is something I am trying to do also, the end of the month is my last as being the club secretary for TOPS and I am trying to trim down other obligations.

Bandit: Have you been going to your walking track this week?

Cherry: Great job on the loss! You are doing so great!

Donna: How is this week going for you so far?

Taylor: Great to see you back and I bet you are eager to get going again but like you said a step at a time and soon your energy will come back and you will be running again! Best wishes for continued success.

Life: How are you doing this week?

Terri: What is new with you lately?

So just a general question to everyone but has anyone read any good books lately or is anyone getting a summer reading list together and if so what is on it? I need to some ideas to stock up my Nook reader :D

Have a great day all!

terrod99
03-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Goodmorning All!

Have to leave early today for work, we are going to a meeting out of town for the day, so no Y this morning.

Cherry the next few weeks and you will be in onederland!!! You are doing so great!!!!
Princess not much happening up here!! Lots of sunshine and warm temperatures. I am reading The Help. I am thinking about summer but havent planned that far ahead yet!
Taylor speedy recovery!!
Judy Its good to recognise that you are overextended!!! I see a gal at work that is soon going to "crack" because she has taken on too much and will not deligate.
Bandit -I'm loving the sunshine but it can't last can it? What is spring and summer going to bring us???
Life/Donna check in when you can!!

Keepin at it gals!!!
Hoping tonight I have enough energy left to go for a walk!!
Terri

Itryharder
03-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi and good morning to all the Turtles.

Have you read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand?
Glass Castles
State of Wonder by Anne Patchett
One of my favorite books this year is What Alice Forgot
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbach is a rough book, but several in my book club liked it.

Well, there are some books. I'm going to weigh myself today and then see what I can do to hear the "click" that will get me going again with my weight loss. Good thing is we got out to walk yesterday.

Best to all of us:
Judy

bandit2
03-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Morning, turtles:

Cherry - you are doing fabulous!

Princess - yes, I am back at my indoor track for walking & when I go I walk 3 miles. Yesterday I walked 2 miles at lunch & then at the centre so 5 miles.
I feel walking has really helped me lately with staying on track.

Terri - our weather has been crazy and am hoping that since we really didn't have winter that summer won't be skipped as well. Really hoping we don't get months on rain/cool weather. Almost trailer season & hoping for lots of nice weather.

Judy - You always have so much going on, and it must be hard to focus on yourself with all that.

Taylor - hope you are recovering well and getting back to your rountine best you can.

Overdid the weekend so need to really stay on track

All - good luck at the scales.

redfish53
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi there, just getting started...I'm excited to be doing this! First weigh-in was today and I'll be weighing in on Tuesdays.

Taylorsjourney
03-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Good evening everyone and HAPPY SPRING... Welcome redfish!!

I know that I won't remember who to reply to but will say thank you to everyone for their well wishes.. tomorrow is my follow-up with the surgeon and I am praying he says I am good to drive.. I walked on my treadmill again today since yesterday showed no repercussions and went a little longer and a little farther.. I was doing a mild low version of the happy dance when I finished...

so glad to see everyone is doing so well and focusing on keeping OP (on plan) as best as possible.. I did okay yesterday and today but still have a few bumps when evening comes.. so tonight I have my water by my side and if a craving starts it will be water water water.. one step at a time right!!

Since the surgery I've been able to read a bit more.. I too read The Help and We bought a Zoo.. I'm just beginning Betty White's If You Ask Me ( and of course you won't) and it seems pretty good.. I like Robyn Carrs "The Virgin River Series" ( some might call that a fluff read but I like many styles).. I'm still wanting to read Jennifer Hudson's book as well...

Have a great evening!!

Princess1122
03-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Things are chugging along so far this week but the scale is not moving really, as a matter of fact it is up since my cycle class on Sunday but that is pretty normal.

DH and I have been walking in the evening but only for about a mile - DH was sick last week so this week is more of getting back into the swing of things for him so we are just going slow.

Redfish: Welcome, we are thrilled to have you with us, there is a lot of good advice here with this group.

Taylor: Good luck at the doctor today, I know you are ready to get back to your normal daily routine so best wishes!

Bandit: You are doing so good and I agree about the walking, if I don't move I don't lose!

Judy: Hope you are doing ok and taking care of your self - my new thing is not get so overwhelmed like I can do at the drop of a hat but I bring it on myself so am trying to improve on that.

Cherry: Hope you are doing ok and having a great week!

Life: How are things with you?

Terri: Hope your travel went well yesterday!

I have read The Help, loved it! I need to get my list together, not that I have time but would like to get some on my Nook so that I am ready if I and when I get some time.

The company that I am at right now is talking about hiring me on perm so that will be a good thing to finally land a perm job. I don't mind contracting but with the current job market I would like to have a perm position rather than have the down time in between contract.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi Gals, I'm going to start a new thread since we've gotten so long.
Very busy here and that's what I'm working on. Being quite too busy allowed me to get distracted away from the most important thing which is staying OP and getting in :tread: Thanks for your input, Turtles.

:welcome3: to Redfish 53!!!!! Post and let us know how you're doing . this is a great group and we all pull for each other.

See you all at #276 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Spring!