Introductions - New Member Introduction

View Full Version : New Member Introduction

bbraven
02-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Hello all. I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I've been struggling with my weight for over a year, and I'm hoping to find somewhere to get motivation and help. I want to lose 19 pounds, but I have been on a roller coaster for close to a year now.

Some back-story on my journey:

A little over a year ago I realized that none of my clothes fit and I was looking really fat. I had gone from 120 up to 151. Ever since then I have been trying to get my weight down.
First I tried just eating less (800-900 cals a day). That didn't work. Then I was exercising like crazy. That resulted in a cracked foot bone that has been a problem ever since. For the last 6 months I've been eating 1200-1400 cals a day and doing anywhere from 15-45 mins of exercise a day, depending on what my body can handle. I'm down to 139 now, with my lowest being 136.6.

I am going crazy because I can't get the weight to go away. I have physical disabilities so exercising more is hard if not impossible. The advice I've gotten from other places has all been the same, but it doesn't seem right. I've been told: "eat more", they say go to 1600 cals a day! "Exercise more", they say nothing less than 60 mins a day 5 days a week. Lastly "buy shakes". I'm on EBT and can't do that, so it's just not an option.

I can't even imagine eating that much a day, and eating more doesn't make sense to lose weight. As for the exercise, I physically can't do 60+ mins a day. 15-30 puts me in pain, but I do it anyway, at least 3 days a week, more if I can. For a while I was doing 5000 revolutions a day on the exercise bike, but then I couldn't walk without pain for over a week.

There has to be some way to get the weight off. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

bbraven
02-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Has anyone here tried calorie cycling? With my physical limitations, I'm wondering if that might help me break the roller coaster.
I have read a bit about it before, and was reading just now on NutritionDiva "How to Break a Weight Loss Plateau".
According to my chart (I weight myself each morning) I've lost a whopping 1.6 pounds this month. I figure I should be able to safely lose at least 4 lbs. per month, right? I think the maximum considered safe is 2 lbs. per week, or 8 lbs. per month.

rainydays
02-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Welcome to.the forum! Calorie cycling might be just the thing you need. You're right to avoid going back to vigorous exercise with an injury. Best wishes!