Old 02-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Default Snacks

I'm not a big snack eater but it doesn't matter how much I eat by about 3-4pm I'm ready for a snack. I get so so so hungry! I think It need to start planning a snack into my day. It seems I'm mostly hungry if I had a big workout that day. What snacks do you guys eat? I want to keep it pretty low calorie. I can't eat nuts or anything too hard due to braces. (It's the down fall I kind of miss eating nuts and I don't even care for them LOL)
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Get some prptein in there! I'm assuming you can still have peanut butter? Other high protein soft options would be greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, etc.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 143/138/119

Height: 5'1"

Default Snacks...

I find anything healthy really will stop me going overboard. That's a dangerous time of the day for me too and if I can keep a lid on it until dinnertime I'm okay.

(I have been cooking dinner earlier when I can too which helps.)

What about some soup, just a low cal vegetable one that will fill you up and take your mind off more food until you can eat dinner?

Or...an apple or piece of fruit if you are on the run? Handful of dried fruit?

Find something that works for you to get you through that little window of dangerous time

Lee
Lee NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #4  

I have to admit...I HATE peanut butter. I despise it...even the smell. I will eat it occasionally.
I do love greek yogurt! I will have to remember that one! I always have some but never think about it! Thanks!
I'm usually home so an apple is possible since I can cut it up! when I'm on campus I don't even notice hunger at that time. I'm usually studying and everyone around me is eating I think " gosh that looks good...I'm not hungry"
Seems silly that I'm only really really really hungry at that time when I'm at home!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I snack a lot. I have to, actually. I can't eat all the much in one sitting so if I were to completely go by meals I would not get enough calories in for the day. That's part of the reason why I'm so far below my goal weight, haha.

My favorite things to snack on are:

Fruit
Yogurt
Sweet Potato (yes, as a snack)
Hard Boiled Egg
PB2 in a cup
Protein Shake

Or if you're famished by 3-4 pm, you can just shift dinner to be around that time My family has dinner around 5pm, but my ideal dinner would be around 4pm and then I would stop eating for the day. I'm an early bird and I like to do most of my eating in the morning and afternoon.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #6  

My family has dinner around 6 (most days I cook since my mom works 2nd shift) It's so nice being able to live at home while in college because I don't worry as much about the "freshman 15"

I think I'm going to lean on fruit!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of the KING View Post
My family has dinner around 6 (most days I cook since my mom works 2nd shift) It's so nice being able to live at home while in college because I don't worry as much about the "freshman 15"

I think I'm going to lean on fruit!
Oh yes! Living at home while in college is great! I totally avoided the freshman 15 that way too and instead lost 10lbs sometime while in college. While my friends were getting sick off the cafeteria food I was eating the wrap I made, haha.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #8  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Yeah, and if you throw a handful of blueberries or whatever into your greek yogurt, all the better!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #9  

sontaikle- My friends are always saying how crappy the cafeteria is and I'm thinking I wouldn't know I have never eaten there. I either pack or head over to panera!