General chatter - The Walking Dead!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : The Walking Dead!

mimsyborogoves
02-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Anyone else watch it? My boyfriend got me into it and now I can't get enough. Who's excited for Sunday's episode?

tessendicott
02-24-2012, 09:09 PM
I loved the first season. I have to admit, I haven't watched ANY of the second season yet, but have it all on my computer. I'll have to start again. :D

summerlove
02-24-2012, 09:09 PM
My boyfriend got me into it too!! I LOVE it!!! So excited for the next episode...to be honest I want them to leave that farm and go on the road again...they've been there too long :P

mimsyborogoves
02-24-2012, 09:19 PM
My boyfriend got me into it too!! I LOVE it!!! So excited for the next episode...to be honest I want them to leave that farm and go on the road again...they've been there too long :P

I actually kind of agree; I want them to meet a new crowd of people! I want Shane and Andrea to leave together, too. I think that'd be a nice twist!

And to the other person, I can't remember you username, lol, but you should totally get back into it! I promise you won't regret it. :)

cherrypie
02-24-2012, 09:23 PM
I love it. Got the first season for christmas and spent the week between christmas and new years watching every single episode

Brooklynn
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
one of my favorite shows! LOVE IT!

Vex
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
YES.

I love horror zombie stuff anyway, and this one is pretty good. I do have to say though that over time I'm hoping more and more for the wife (whatever her name is) and the camper driver guy to get picked off by zombies. They're so annoying.

mimsyborogoves
02-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm actually surprised Dale hasn't gotten eaten, myself... he doesn't really seem to do much except spread around a bunch of "He said, she said" and speculations. Maybe something big will happen with him soon.

kellie105
02-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!!

chickadeee55
02-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't know why, but I find myself watching it. I think it has an interesting plot among the characters, and the zombies are just there for amusement.

Eck
02-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Love this show, my fav since Lost!
Thank goodness for Dvr's because I like Downton Abbey too on Sunday night...

DrivenByAmbition
02-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Great show by have only seen the first season.

Huzzahforska
02-25-2012, 06:59 PM
I love it!! I just finished watching the first season and haven't seen any of the 2nd season.. not sure where to find it, really.. which makes me sad.

VermontMom
02-25-2012, 07:49 PM
I got to watch back-to-back episodes of the first season all in one day last year, and got hooked! Characters are very interesting and the suspense is knuckle-gnawing :devil: Terrible what happened with Sophia though :( I was so hoping she would be found.

Micki k
02-25-2012, 08:14 PM
OMG....I LOVE this show!! I am totally addicted. I've always loved zombie movies...and zombie books, so I was stoked when this show came along. Can't wait for Sundays.
I agree....it's time for them to get off that farm and move along.

mimsyborogoves
02-25-2012, 11:48 PM
I got to watch back-to-back episodes of the first season all in one day last year, and got hooked! Characters are very interesting and the suspense is knuckle-gnawing :devil: Terrible what happened with Sophia though :( I was so hoping she would be found.

I have to say I saw what happened to Sophia coming; it was inevitable with how the show goes. It was rather disappointing, though.

sontaikle
02-26-2012, 12:13 AM
OMGGGG I love this show. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

Did anyone read the comics? I have all seven of the big books :)

JudgeDread
02-26-2012, 02:04 PM
It is a pretty bad *** show. I think they are running low on budget this season as there aren't a lot of zombies. Plus a friend of mine says he reads the graphic novel and they never stayed at the farm for too long. I hope they move on soon though as the farm thing is getting old.

shishkeberry
02-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Love this show even though it gives me zombie nightmares sometimes. Finally we got to see Shane and Rick fight! I think that was a long time coming but they picked the worst time for it. I was hoping for a Lori and Andrea fight, too. I can't stand Andrea but that crap from Lori about how she needs to start doing women's work was pissing me off.

PinkLotus
02-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Love this show! Darryl is my favorite. I am tiring of Shane's loose cannon act(even though I agree with some of his opinions), and would kind of like to punch Andrea out!

cherrypie
02-28-2012, 05:08 PM
I love Andrea and Shane. Can't stand Lori. And how on earth Rick is leading anything when he's only been out of a coma for about a month is beyond me.

summerlove
02-28-2012, 05:14 PM
It is a pretty bad *** show. I think they are running low on budget this season as there aren't a lot of zombies. Plus a friend of mine says he reads the graphic novel and they never stayed at the farm for too long. I hope they move on soon though as the farm thing is getting old.

This is what my boyfriend was saying. I also read where they go in the comic book after this and I really hope they do, it would be really cool.

PinkLotus
02-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I hope they leave the farm too, they have been there way too long.
They have kind of been all over the place with regards to following the comics - some things they have, and some they really haven't. So it's hard to say. I guess that's probably a good thing though, because you never know what will happen.

sontaikle
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Love this show even though it gives me zombie nightmares sometimes. Finally we got to see Shane and Rick fight! I think that was a long time coming but they picked the worst time for it. I was hoping for a Lori and Andrea fight, too. I can't stand Andrea but that crap from Lori about how she needs to start doing women's work was pissing me off.

OMG that pissed me off too! I wanted to punch Lori in the face for telling Andrea that she needed to let the men do their thing.

Honestly I would probably be in her place, using guns and doing the physical labor.

I was so happy when Rick pummeled Shane, haha. It was a long time overdue.

shishkeberry
02-28-2012, 09:23 PM
OMG that pissed me off too! I wanted to punch Lori in the face for telling Andrea that she needed to let the men do their thing.

Honestly I would probably be in her place, using guns and doing the physical labor.

I know, right? I understand that creating the illusion of normalcy is important, but why does it have to be the women that do it? I would much rather be shooting zombies than washing laundry.

pluckypear
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
I love this show and yes I have also read and own all of the 7 hardcovered graphic novels too. I have to say I like Dale, and I think he adds some morality to the element. I do like that the tv show strays from the comic book story but sometimes I am also disappointed.
I detest Shane, he is a neanderthal and Andrea is just too impulsive and a child in a woman's body. She went off on Lori because she is jealous. Andrea wants Shane and knows Shane has a thing for Lori.
Really Shane is strong but he is too reckless to keep around. I am shocked the group does not ask him to leave. He tried to rape Lori, he is a rapist, just because he failed at it. Also he has tried to kill Rick twice, or at least he strongly contemplated the idea. In season one Dale saw Shane pulling a gun on Rick and Shane likely only stopped because he was seen. Also Shane trew a huge wrench at Rick's head in the last episode at the Public Works's scene. Yes they were in a fist fight but damn he went for the kill. And it shows Shane's character or lack of when he thinks Rick left him in the bus, because Shane would have left Rick.
I agree Lori is insipid, she is in the comic book too.
Andrea is not so unstable in the comic books, she is more likeable in the comic.
Shane dies in the comic but I think the show will keep him around because people love drama. :)
They will leave the farm soon. I think either the gang of the new character Randal will find them and overtake them or a herd of zombies will come. Either way they will be overrun.
I love the new addition of Daryl and I think altough he struggles he is much more humane then Shane.
I meet with friends every Sunday to watch the show and discuss it.
I really wish Andrea and Shane would take off on their own and get eaten. lol

PinkLotus
03-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Do you guys watch the Talking Dead? If not, you should! They discuss the current episode, and often have cast/crew from the show on.

cherrypie
03-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Do you guys watch the Talking Dead? If not, you should! They discuss the current episode, and often have cast/crew from the show on.

I do, and I'm always amazed how many fans don't

pluckypear
03-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes I watch the Talking Dead, sometimes it is great and sometimes annoying, depending on the guests.

RIP Dale. :( Humanity is dead.

shishkeberry
03-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Blah, good riddance. I never liked Dale. But that was Carl's fault that he died. I thought Andrea wasn't allowed in the house anymore?

Micki k
03-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Awww...poor Dale! I liked him. He was really the last of the good guys. They really played that up in the last episode....like what was left of humanity died with him.
They should just kick Shane and Andrea out...although she did try to redeem herself a little by agreeing wiht Dale. I bet she pays for that, Shane's not gonna let her get off easily.
I'm hating that the season is almost over.

VermontMom
03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Awww...poor Dale! I liked him. He was really the last of the good guys. They really played that up in the last episode....like what was left of humanity died with him.
They should just kick Shane and Andrea out...although she did try to redeem herself a little by agreeing wiht Dale. I bet she pays for that, Shane's not gonna let her get off easily.
I'm hating that the season is almost over.

Yes!! to like everything you said :D I look forward to it weekly so much, and to know it's gonna end soon...grrr!!

I was incredulous when Andrea left the suicidal girl on her own! Then acted all happy 'she made her choice'. Glad that the sister forbade her the house.

I thought it was out of character for Rick to choose to shoot the outsider execution-style :?: Though I guess I don't know how to do it 'humanely'.

Dale really was eloquent with arguing the case about the outsider. what a shock that they had him attacked!! I was thinking at first that maybe the poor COW was turning into a zombie :?: and then realized what was going to happen.

I wonder if Carl's conscience will hurt him so much that he will confess what he did?

I don't want it to end!!

mimsyborogoves
03-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Dale really was eloquent with arguing the case about the outsider. what a shock that they had him attacked!! I was thinking at first that maybe the poor COW was turning into a zombie :?: and then realized what was going to happen.

I wonder if Carl's conscience will hurt him so much that he will confess what he did?

I don't want it to end!!

I thought the cow was a zombie, too! That whole episode was a complete "oh s***" moment! I wanted to smack Carl. They need to keep better tabs on him, for sure.

Micki k
03-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I thought the cow was a zombie, too! That whole episode was a complete "oh s***" moment! I wanted to smack Carl. They need to keep better tabs on him, for sure.

I was thinking the same thing! You live in zombieland, your friends kid was attacked, and your son has already been shot. But your kid is out wandering around in the woods by himself. And no one once asked "hey, where's Carl?".

shishkeberry
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing! You live in zombieland, your friends kid was attacked, and your son has already been shot. But your kid is out wandering around in the woods by himself. And no one once asked "hey, where's Carl?".

Yes! Zombie apocolypse doesn't mean you stop parenting! My kids would never be out of my sight.

PinkLotus
03-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Dale wasn't my favorite, but I choked up a little bit at the end, it was so sad. Poor guy! I agree with what he was saying about Randall, about losing their humanity and changing the group...but I think it was the right argument at the wrong time. I think Randall's gotta go, unfortunately. Any chance they had of him becoming a member of the group, or walking on his merry way if they decided to dump him somewhere went out the window after they repeatedly beat the crap out of him and interrogated him the way they did. Killing a human being isn't something they should take lightly, and I totally get where Dale was coming from...but let's be honest here, they have to protect themselves, and letting him go when he apparently has a group of 30ish people (which include rapists) somewhere out there, and he knows where the farm is, is just too big of a risk.
I really like Rick, but bringing Randall back to the farm was possibly his dumbest move yet.

mimsyborogoves
03-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Dale wasn't my favorite, but I choked up a little bit at the end, it was so sad. Poor guy! I agree with what he was saying about Randall, about losing their humanity and changing the group...but I think it was the right argument at the wrong time. I think Randall's gotta go, unfortunately. Any chance they had of him becoming a member of the group, or walking on his merry way if they decided to dump him somewhere went out the window after they repeatedly beat the crap out of him and interrogated him the way they did. Killing a human being isn't something they should take lightly, and I totally get where Dale was coming from...but let's be honest here, they have to protect themselves, and letting him go when he apparently has a group of 30ish people (which include rapists) somewhere out there, and he knows where the farm is, is just too big of a risk.
I really like Rick, but bringing Randall back to the farm was possibly his dumbest move yet.

I believe it was highly unnecessary for them to torture Randall like they did. Like Dale said, he really hadn't even given them that big of a reason to do it other than he "might" do something to screw 'em over. I realize that they have to protect themselves, but do they have to be so inhumane about it?

shishkeberry
03-07-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't like Shane because he is a would-be rapist, but I feel like he does. Humanity is gone. All that's left is protecting yourself and your "family". Does that make it easy? **** no. But it is necessary. They shouldn't have beaten Randall, though. They should have left him to die stuck to that fence. That's what I would have done.

TiffNeedsChange
03-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Ooooh I LOVE the Walking Dead!! This last episode had me on the edge of my seat! They totally should have left Randall on that fence! I wonder if the zombie that killed dale snuffed out Carl's trail? And when will Darrel realize his handgun is missing- when he does the **** is gonna hit the fan. Eventhough andrea has poor impulse control her sharp shooter skills will probably come in handy. I think Shane is uber dangerous but has his protective qualities too. I was kinda shocked that the zombie ripped dale open, that wasn't something I've really seen before in a zombie film. I think Carl is turning into a sick and twisted kid, especially when he encouraged his dad to execute Randall. Now that we know zombies can find their way into the farm I think they will start coming more often. I second the opinion that Andrea is jealous of Lori because he wants Lori. It is definitely time for them to move off of the farm and my guess is that is where they will end the season those boogers.

pluckypear
03-07-2012, 11:22 PM
I don't like Shane because he is a would-be rapist, but I feel like he does. Humanity is gone. All that's left is protecting yourself and your "family". Does that make it easy? **** no. But it is necessary. They shouldn't have beaten Randall, though. They should have left him to die stuck to that fence. That's what I would have done.

I think though that if someone watches out for their family, that is part of humanity. They may come first and you may have to kill living people but with a conscience. That is my take on it.

I was thinking what would be the best thing to do about Randal and I have to say in retrospect leaving him on the fence might have been more humane, at least to have distracted him and given him a bullet to the head. He would have been saved from being eaten by zombies and died quickly. Now there is a huge problem. He is probably from the Governor's group. Randal has shown signs of being a snake. So what to do what to do.

I was surprised the killed off Dale so quickly. I wonder if Hershel is next? Maybe they want all the oldies off. And to be honest why is T dog (?) still around? He just stood in the living room and said nothing. He is absent anyway so they could have taken him out first.

Great show.

Micki k
03-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Agreed! T-Dog doesn't get any lines anyway. He should have been gone well before Dale. I kinda forgot he existed.

cherrypie
03-08-2012, 01:50 AM
I didn't like dale, I thought his meddling was starting to border on pathological. They are going to have to kill Randall now and dragging it out is just being cruel.

this episode was the first episode that I thought Carl was acting like a real kid would. His whole world has turned upside down in a short period. He's bound to have an issue or two.

And I love Shane. He's the only one in the group who makes any sense at all.

TiffNeedsChange
03-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Shane does have some really good sense, though I think he is too impulsive and could cause the group issues... For example when he threw the wrench and released the group of walkers out of the building. Randall is definitely a snake. I think Carl is becoming hardened, I just hope he toughens up and can manage to shoot the next zombie :D

cherrypie
03-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Shane does have some really good sense, though I think he is too impulsive and could cause the group issues... For example when he threw the wrench and released the group of walkers out of the building. Randall is definitely a snake. I think Carl is becoming hardened, I just hope he toughens up and can manage to shoot the next zombie :D

only thing wrong with shane is he's in shock and wracked with guilt over otis. He was in love with his best friend's wife. The friend 'died' and the world ended so he did everything he could to protect her and her child. Found another group of survivors that he was leading well and protecting. Lori fell in love with him. Rick shows up, Lori hates him instantly, Rick somehow becomes the leader and has been leading them from disaster to disaster ever since. No one will listen to him every time he tells them rick is wrong. Then he shoots Otis to save Carl and loses it completely.

summerlove
03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
I totally thought the cow was turning into a zombie and started screaming when Dale gets attacked and his guts started...spilling out...arrgh!

Vex
03-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Bye bye Dale. Good riddance.

mimsyborogoves
03-08-2012, 12:59 PM
A couple episodes ago I got my dad to watch the show with me and he made the comment, "What is there to like about this show? It's so gross!" And really, now that I think about it.... I know it's for effect, but is it necessary to show Dale lying there with his guts spilling out? And also for special effect... how do they even do that? Stuff like that has always blown my mind.

It really bothered me when Dale was staring at Darrell when he pointed the gun to his head like, "What are you about to do???" I mean, I wish Darrell didn't have to do that, and I hate that it had to end for Dale like that... but what else could they do?

pluckypear
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
I didn't like dale, I thought his meddling was starting to border on pathological. They are going to have to kill Randall now and dragging it out is just being cruel.

this episode was the first episode that I thought Carl was acting like a real kid would. His whole world has turned upside down in a short period. He's bound to have an issue or two.

And I love Shane. He's the only one in the group who makes any sense at all.

I agree about Carl.

I do not get what is to love about Shane. He is pathological in wanting Lori or believing he meant anything to her, he clearly did not. He is violent towards the ones he supposedly cares for, tried to rape Lori and tried to kill his 'best friend' Rick twice, is too wired. I get that he represents another point of view, but he is not a good representative. If his way was logical he should really just take off on his own. He does not care for anyone but himself, which is fine, but go do it somewhere else.

Anyway I love hearing opposing views, makes it more interesting. :)

pluckypear
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
only thing wrong with shane is he's in shock and wracked with guilt over otis. He was in love with his best friend's wife. The friend 'died' and the world ended so he did everything he could to protect her and her child. Found another group of survivors that he was leading well and protecting. Lori fell in love with him. Rick shows up, Lori hates him instantly, Rick somehow becomes the leader and has been leading them from disaster to disaster ever since. No one will listen to him every time he tells them rick is wrong. Then he shoots Otis to save Carl and loses it completely.

No where is episode 2 is there any evidence of remorse in Shane. Sociopath. Sociopaths have no remorse. And nowhere in episode 1 or 2 is there evidence that Lori loved Shane at all, other then a friend. He was there and to be quite blunt he kept her safe and Carl safe and he pursued her. Even as the zombies pursued them. :)

cherrypie
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
A couple episodes ago I got my dad to watch the show with me and he made the comment, "What is there to like about this show? It's so gross!" And really, now that I think about it.... I know it's for effect, but is it necessary to show Dale lying there with his guts spilling out? And also for special effect... how do they even do that? Stuff like that has always blown my mind.

It really bothered me when Dale was staring at Darrell when he pointed the gun to his head like, "What are you about to do???" I mean, I wish Darrell didn't have to do that, and I hate that it had to end for Dale like that... but what else could they do?

if you watch it again Dale actually raises his head to the gun letting Daryl know he wanted him to do it.

cherrypie
03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
No where is episode 2 is there any evidence of remorse in Shane. Sociopath. Sociopaths have no remorse. And nowhere in episode 1 or 2 is there evidence that Lori loved Shane at all, other then a friend. He was there and to be quite blunt he kept her safe and Carl safe and he pursued her. Even as the zombies pursued them. :)

you don't remember the scene where she ran off into the woods to have sex with him?

and am I the only person who thinks Lori is so determined to make Rick "do something" about shane because she really does love him and doesn't want anyone to know?

pluckypear
03-08-2012, 05:31 PM
if you watch it again Dale actually raises his head to the gun letting Daryl know he wanted him to do it.

Agreed Dale was trying to communicate but his eyes said differently. I think it would have made sense to hold his hand, oh too bloody, I forgot, or head or something said something nice to him and goodbye and shot where he did not see the gun. To wait for Dale to die first would have been placing him in so much pain.

PinkLotus
03-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I believe it was highly unnecessary for them to torture Randall like they did. Like Dale said, he really hadn't even given them that big of a reason to do it other than he "might" do something to screw 'em over. I realize that they have to protect themselves, but do they have to be so inhumane about it?

I agree with you, that's why I said that any chance they had of this having a good outcome if they don't kill him went out the window when they decided to repeatedly beat the crap out of him and interrogate him.
They should have either left him on that fence, or shot him right there on the fence so he wouldn't be eaten alive by zombies. I don't doubt that it would be a horrible thing to have to do, but they've worked too hard to protect what they have to risk it all on bringing a stranger who'd just shot at them onto the farm.

shishkeberry
03-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I agree about Carl.

I do not get what is to love about Shane. He is pathological in wanting Lori or believing he meant anything to her, he clearly did not. He is violent towards the ones he supposedly cares for, tried to rape Lori and tried to kill his 'best friend' Rick twice, is too wired. I get that he represents another point of view, but he is not a good representative. If his way was logical he should really just take off on his own. He does not care for anyone but himself, which is fine, but go do it somewhere else.

Anyway I love hearing opposing views, makes it more interesting. :)

I agree with everything you said. Ok, so he had a fling with Lori and she was interested at the time. I don't fault either of them for that. I don't even fault Shane for telling her that Rick was dead. It was a safe thing to assume since he was in a coma in the zombie hospital with only a door and a hospital bed to protect him. But as soon as Rick came back, Shane needed to back the f@#k off. He didn't do that and still hasn't done that. Lori should have told Rick about the attempted rape. Maybe if she had that wrench fight wouldn't have happened because Rick would have shot his a$$ already. At least I hope he would have.

pluckypear
03-08-2012, 11:19 PM
you don't remember the scene where she ran off into the woods to have sex with him?

and am I the only person who thinks Lori is so determined to make Rick "do something" about shane because she really does love him and doesn't want anyone to know?

Good point cherrypie and I do remember the scene. However I see it differently. Many people run off to screw people they do not love even when they have someone they love. I think she was messed up over Rick's return and needed release, ran back to what she had been using for comfort the last few months, Shane. Then came to her senses and when she saw more of who Shane really is she has become sickened by him.

However who knows what the show will bring about next week or next season? Maybe more will be revealed or changed to prove differently.

cherrypie
03-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Good point cherrypie and I do remember the scene. However I see it differently. Many people run off to screw people they do not love even when they have someone they love. I think she was messed up over Rick's return and needed release, ran back to what she had been using for comfort the last few months, Shane. Then came to her senses and when she saw more of who Shane really is she has become sickened by him.

However who knows what the show will bring about next week or next season? Maybe more will be revealed or changed to prove differently.

her and rick were having problems even before he was shot though. remember her complaining at the school yard and rick telling shane about their big fight just before he got shot?

pluckypear
03-08-2012, 11:47 PM
her and rick were having problems even before he was shot though. remember her complaining at the school yard and rick telling shane about their big fight just before he got shot?

Yes cherrypie I do remember, I love your attention to details. I guess I see that as normal marital stuff. And Shane had a thing for Lori before the zombie thing happened.

See what happens Sunday. Cannot wait. Good or bad.

4star
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes cherrypie I do remember, I love your attention to details. I guess I see that as normal marital stuff. And Shane had a thing for Lori before the zombie thing happened.

See what happens Sunday. Cannot wait. Good or bad.

The Shane/Lori/Rick triangle is just too sad, especially for Shane. That baby could very well be his and she just tells Rick that even if it's not his, it's his? Nice try but you can't expect a man to just forget that he has a potential child with someone he cares about. I am sure this is driving Shane further off the deep end. It's jealousy that's making Shane act so dishonorably and Lori is just as bad as Shane b/c she's denying the man his child, acting as if nothing ever happened. It's not her husband's and I believe she knows that, hence trying to get Rick to off Shane. She's no better than Shane with his thought about offing Rick to have her for his own. She's even worse for adding insult to injury telling Shane she didn't have any feelings for him. That's a bold face lie and she knew it. She pretends to be this honorable wife, and she is, what's dishonorable are her actions towards Shane over it.

They should have left that guy on the fence. He showed his true colors when trying to convince Carl that him, his Mom, and Dad would be safer with his group. They've got themselves in too deep and are bringing trouble onto themselves. Now isn't the time to be a big softie. I almost have to give Shane credit for his grit although it's sometimes heinously displayed.

I do love Darryl, such a great character, hard exterior but a good guy deep down, still not afraid to do what has to be done. It's a nice balance with all the Shane, Rick, Dale stuff going on. I like the T-Dog character too and hope to see more lines for him. They are not taking advantage of his acting since they got him to the farm for medical treatment. So yeah, give me a lil less Shane and Rick drama and lil more for Darryl and T-Dog. I really want some storyline development for those guys.

I do love this show. I have at least one nightmare almost every week from it but I so can't wait for Sunday at 9pm. LOL!!!

cherrypie
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
The Shane/Lori/Rick triangle is just too sad, especially for Shane. That baby could very well be his and she just tells Rick that even if it's not his, it's his? Nice try but you can't expect a man to just forget that he has a potential child with someone he cares about. I am sure this is driving Shane further off the deep end. It's jealousy that's making Shane act so dishonorably and Lori is just as bad as Shane b/c she's denying the man his child, acting as if nothing ever happened. It's not her husband's and I believe she knows that, hence trying to get Rick to off Shane. She's no better than Shane with his thought about offing Rick to have her for his own. She's even worse for adding insult to injury telling Shane she didn't have any feelings for him. That's a bold face lie and she knew it. She pretends to be this honorable wife, and she is, what's dishonorable are her actions towards Shane over it.

They should have left that guy on the fence. He showed his true colors when trying to convince Carl that him, his Mom, and Dad would be safer with his group. They've got themselves in too deep and are bringing trouble onto themselves. Now isn't the time to be a big softie. I almost have to give Shane credit for his grit although it's sometimes heinously displayed.

I do love Darryl, such a great character, hard exterior but a good guy deep down, still not afraid to do what has to be done. It's a nice balance with all the Shane, Rick, Dale stuff going on. I like the T-Dog character too and hope to see more lines for him. They are not taking advantage of his acting since they got him to the farm for medical treatment. So yeah, give me a lil less Shane and Rick drama and lil more for Darryl and T-Dog. I really want some storyline development for those guys.

I do love this show. I have at least one nightmare almost every week from it but I so can't wait for Sunday at 9pm. LOL!!!

yay someone else who understands. lol

I think guilt has a lot to do with shane's behavior guilt over Otis and being in love with his best friends wife.

I'm hoping we see more of t-bag too. He is greatly underused. Daryl has been such a successful character they are going to introduce him in the comics now too.

pluckypear
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Daryl is a great addition to the characters, that we agree on.

I disagree about Shane and the guilt. I understand the pretexts, subtexts etc. I just see it differently.

I agree that Lori is as 'bad' as Shane.

I like Rick but do not think the show is doing as good a job at character development as the comics do.

T-dog sucks, in my humble opinion.

So glad to see people as passionate about this show as I am, although we don't see eye to eye. lol

4star
03-09-2012, 02:53 PM
So glad to see people as passionate about this show as I am, although we don't see eye to eye. lol

LOL. We're allowed to disagree, this isn't major life changing stuff here, just a story.

I am glad so many people like it too, gives me hope we'll get many seasons of viewing.:)

pluckypear
03-10-2012, 03:17 PM
What 'The Walking Dead' is not life changing?????? :)
Will check in Monday for everyone's take on the next episode.

shishkeberry
03-10-2012, 03:56 PM
What 'The Walking Dead' is not life changing?????? :)
Will check in Monday for everyone's take on the next episode.

:lol: All I know is that I've been having more than my usual share of zombie dreams lately.

cherrypie
03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
seriously, how did rick and lori keep that kid alive before the zombies?

Micki k
03-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Did not see that ending coming. Wow.

pluckypear
03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes wow and good riddance Shane.

TiffNeedsChange
03-12-2012, 02:04 AM
OMG tonight's episode was wild!! I am so glad that Shane is gone, I kind of knew why he tried getting Rick out into the woods alone. I am curious about the dead (but not bitten) such as Shane turning into zombies anyway!! That was a major pack of zombies headed their way, definitely going to be a mess.
EDIT: I think the group is really going to miss Shane now because he would have been a great asset in protecting against that huge group of zombies!

JudgeDread
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
That was a crazy *** ending, and if they don't tell us how those two became zombies I will go nuts!

I definitely didn't think they would kill off Shane being a main character...he was always good for drama. But he was going crazy since he killed Otis. Well they said they are signed up for a season three where they will introduce "the governor"...another villain to take Shane's drama roll I guess. I just hope it lives up to the first two seasons!

PinkLotus
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
So the two gunshots that were fired attracted all those zombies to the farm, but the massacre at the barn attracted nothing?? And when did Carl go back for the gun? He dropped it when he was struggling with the walker that killed Dale, and they didn't show him go back for it.
But other than those two things, great episode! I can't say I was sorry to see Shane go. I also felt bad for Randall. Great to see T-Dog actually have lines!
Carl seems to pop up everywhere. lol

pluckypear
03-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Well they mentioned that the swampy areas that helped keep zombies at bay was firming up as winter is approaching. And seeing herds happened on the freeway so that was alluded to. But good points. I was surprised that Shane was taken out so soon though not sorry to see him go. The only person safe is Rick unless they veer completely from the comic.

JudgeDread
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Well they mentioned that the swampy areas that helped keep zombies at bay was firming up as winter is approaching.

Oh I missed that....Does anybody know how long they've actually been into the zombie apocolypse? Can't have been too long as Lori isn't showing any baby bump. What do the comics say?

cherrypie
03-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I was counting days, it was 13 when they brought Randall home. Add a week till they were going to release him and couple more days.

they have mentioned the zombies started a couple months before.

JudgeDread
03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
I was counting days, it was 13 when they brought Randall home. Add a week till they were going to release him and couple more days.

they have mentioned the zombies started a couple months before.

13 days after she found out she was preggo?
It seems like they spent at least a few weeks looking for Sophia..and however long it took Carl to heal from the gunshot.

PinkLotus
03-13-2012, 01:29 PM
I know! I kind of wished they had told him that before they shot him in the head.

VermontMom
03-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm a week late in responding about Dale..I also thought it was horrible that no one tried to comfort him, kneel down by him, maybe close his eyes so he wouldn't see the gun...but I guess that he raised his head to the gun meant that he knew and wanted it to be done.

That was a crazy *** ending, and if they don't tell us how those two became zombies I will go nuts!

Possible spoiler alert below!!!!

My DH read the books, and horribly enough, anyone who dies, even of natural causes, will become a zombie. He also says that the Governor character will add alot!

guacamole
03-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Spoiler alert.....

I love this show too! I have seen every episode. They are going to need a new villain/loose canon now that Shane is dead!

JudgeDread
03-13-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm a week late in responding about Dale..I also thought it was horrible that no one tried to comfort him, kneel down by him, maybe close his eyes so he wouldn't see the gun...but I guess that he raised his head to the gun meant that he knew and wanted it to be done.

Possible spoiler alert below!!!!

My DH read the books, and horribly enough, anyone who dies, even of natural causes, will become a zombie. He also says that the Governor character will add alot!
Cool I was wondering if that was the case...still leaves us to wonder how the two security gaurds at the school died with no apparent injuries!?!

VermontMom
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Cool I was wondering if that was the case...still leaves us to wonder how the two security gaurds at the school died with no apparent injuries!?!

Oh!! I forgot about those two...the show def wanted us to know that was something pivotal, the way that Rick really was wanting to figure that out but they didn't have time.

MiZTaCCen
03-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Maybe something is airborn that doesn't affect the living but once you die you become one of them? That's usually how infections like that work I guess. I bet you Darrel's brother is the leader of the other gang? They never did find him, and it doesn't say anything about him being dead so maybe we'll run into him season 3? I don't know I'm sad Shane is dead but damn last week was good! I watched the preview for this sunday and it gave me goose bumps! I can't wait! I wonder who else is going to die!

I also think they should show how the infection happened, it's kind of like Dawn of the dead in a way because not once in the movie does it show how this infection came. I would them to have a history of it or something. <3

pluckypear
03-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Well another season done until September. :( I loved the ending with the prison in the background after Rick's speech about finding a safe place to hunker down in.

Poor Rick, what is Lori's problem. I guess people were right when they said Lori was interested in Shane or still interested I mean. What a ##### she was to Rick. Rick killed Shane only in self denfense.

Now Andrea has met up with M. from the comic book. So cool, so we know she is safe until season three. So glad Daryl made it and still wonder why T dog or bird or whatever his name is hangs on.

So missing Dale. You know in the comic Dale and Andrea were a couple.

sontaikle
03-20-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm finally glad they're off the farm, and it's clear I need to move my butt and finish reading the comic books. We have all of them at my house...I just haven't read them.

I don't understand why everyone was getting upset at Rick for hiding the fact that everyone is infected :?: he probably thought it was crazy or something that EVERYONE was infected so he just dismissed it...until he saw Shane rise up after dying.

Carl getting that headshot though? AWESOME

DiabeticDiva
03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Did anyone watch the Talking Dead after? They said that Rick withheld the info because he didn't believe it until he saw Shane come back as a walker and then knew it was true. They also said that the building at the last part was a prison. Hubster and I couldn't figure out what it was. I also am clueless to the hooded person. We were laughing and said" What the heck was that" At that point the show went from being an adult reality survival series to comic book crazy to me. I hope it changes next season. I've never read the comic books or any comic books for that matter but I really like this show a lot. I hope they don't ruin the " feel" of the show with "super hero's" etc.

MiZTaCCen
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
M is AWESOME! I swear I'm going to remember that when we get a zombie apocalypse I'm going to do that! I love it when chicks are bad ***! I really like Andrea too, she's bad *** in her own little way especially being able to survive without the group as long as she did! :carrot:

I have to say with the look in Lori's face I think underneath it all she loved Shane and didn't realize it until that moment when he was gone forever. His death is HER fault though, if she wasn't such a coward hiding behind her husband the whole time and stepped up and said what she really felt he'd still be alive, the two of them wouldn't have been at war, and Shane wouldn't have went postal. Either way it was EPIC and someone had to finally die geez. lol As bad as that sounds this was definitely a better ending to the season than last!

I think Sophia's mom (I can never remember her name) STILL holds a grudge against Rick because of her daughter, that's why she's so P'd about not being told about that information. Not that it would have mattered, I probably wouldn't have said anything either if I knew that information because of course being in that situation it would have sounded crazy.

I can't wait until season 3! Poor Rick though, the way they were all just staring at him, he did what he had to do. It was his life or Shanes and he choose to get rid of Shane.

pluckypear
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Yes great thoughts on the show. :)

Andrea does rock and though I was annoyed with her when she was with Shane I do think humanity still lurks inside her toughened shell.

Lori just needs to go period.

Yes they were being such asses ganging up on Rick and who the **** cares he did not share the info about the virus. Like it would have mattered either way and yes he did not know for sure it was true.

I never read comics, well not since I was a kid, but a friend turned me on to The Walking Dead anthologies (?) the hardcover versions. So I have only read up to the last one of those. And the group did split for awhile, that is the only way I knew it was a prison in the background and who the hooded chick was.

Poor Carl but a child would get messed up in that world especially with Lori for a mom. :(

Well will wait and see what happens in season 3.

MiZTaCCen
03-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Poor Carl but a child would get messed up in that world especially with Lori for a mom. :(

Carl bugs me and the last few episodes he's just really annoyed me. I don't know why but he just does. I know he's a the only kid in the world of zombies but theres just something about his character that bugs me. I agree though poor kids is going to have a rough time especially with Lori as his mother. After what she did to Rick I no longer care for her. Not that I really did to begin with but still.

JudgeDread
03-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Oof what an ending! I think Rick lost it a bit when he told everyone about Shane. Maybe that would have been better not said. Though it did have to be done! Lori better get over it cause she knew he was dangerous.

Hmm makes me wonder what will happen next season though...

VermontMom
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
That was some ending! I was incredulous at Lori's reaction, so terribly unsupportive of Rick and pretty transparent of her feelings! And Carl..man, poor kid's pretty messed up, taunting that mud-stuck zombie, then realizing it was the one who got Dale...and what about "Do it! Do it Dad!"

Felt bad for Rick when he had to try to justify his actions to everyone. (trivia fact - Rick is British!! what an amazing job he does to hide his accent!)

My DH sent me a link that gave a little background on Michonne. That was a pretty creepy sight for Andrea, hooded figure with chained, armless, jaw-less zombies!

Is it weird that supposedly it was the same 'flock' of zombies that followed Rick? I guess anything is possible in the world of zombies.

PinkLotus
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Maggie's British too! It amazes me how people can do different accents. I can't do anything like that.
I could not believe Lori's reaction to Rick telling her he killed Shane. Um, just a couple episodes ago, she was all but telling him to kill Shane! Now she's pissed? I am not a fan of Lori's.
I think Rick should have put more emphasis on the whole "Shane tried to kill me first" part of his story. He mentioned it, but it came across more like he wanted to kill Shane. Maybe he did, but Shane really gave him no choice.
Glad Hershel made it! I thought he was a goner for sure.
I feel bad for Rick. Several members of his group are mad at him for whatever reason, and they're arguing with him about his plans, yet no one has anything really helpful to offer. I don't really blame him for declaring his Ricktatorship (thank you Talking Dead lol).

mimsyborogoves
03-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Someone already said this, but I figured I'd put it into perspective...

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3odaqj/

XD

Trazey34
03-26-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm crazy obsessed with this show!!! I can't believe I have to wait til September LOL Maybe I'll re-watch from episode one again ;)

I can't stand Lori, the way she egged Shane & Rick on and then finally it dawned on her what her actions lead to....I love Rick getting all bada$$ with the group "it's not a democracy" anymore! it's a Ricktatorship LOL

And I can't even believe it, but I'm so hot for Daryl, the arrow-wielding, emotionally stunted hillbilly hahaha but he's such a great character. I'm hoping they don't try a romantic liaison with him & Carol, I see them more as friends or even mother/son, even tho they're of an age.

The Governor is going to be David Morrissey, another Brit! He played Colonel Brandon in the latest Sense & Sensibility mini-series...but I'm assuming he won't be quite so pleasant this time around!

p.s. If I were in a zombie apocalypse, I'd sure as $h!t keep an eye on my kid! I hate Carl LOL

p.p.s. Again, zombie apocalypse, I'd get some of that chain mesh that divers use to withstand shark bites! I'd be draped in the stuff!!!

x Ophelia x
03-28-2012, 02:19 PM
^ I agree with most everything you've said. lol.

I absolutely LOVE this series! I was watching AMC one day and I caught the first episode and from then on I have been hooked. I've never missed an episode and can not wait for season three. I've read the first comic even. lol.

I've never liked Lori but that was in part because of her role on prison break which I didn't like her character either. I'm glad Rick won because I never liked Shane. And I was shocked when the whole group got mad at Rick because they all wanted Shane gone but for Andrea. Can not wait to see zombies on leashes!

Why does everyone not like Carl? I like him.

pluckypear
11-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Loving season three however Andrea continues to be super annoying and her lack of insight still surprises me.

Ciao
11-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Loving season three however Andrea continues to be super annoying and her lack of insight still surprises me.
this ^

however, i think she got the hint on last night's episode of what michonne has been talking about.
still the governor is a creep and i can't stand seeing her in that colony anymore.

Beach Patrol
11-12-2012, 09:27 AM
great show; I'm half way thru season 2 on DVD, but watching season 3 as it occurs. that's a little bit cheating, but oh well. :D

pluckypear
11-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Ciao Yes let's hope Andrea is seeing the light. :)

Can't say I was sorry to see Lori go. But I wonder what will happen with Rick and the baby. And are they going to find Carol, she hid somewhere so is likely not dead.

I read the comics before the first season. So not sure how much they will stick with the storyline now. Of course some of it has already strayed from the comic. But Lori was killed off in the comic after having the baby for awhile. Not long after though. But Dale lived for quite some time in the comic. I miss Dale.

I have to say Daryl is my favourite character. He needs a good woman in my opinion. :)

ChickieBoom
11-12-2012, 12:18 PM
I absolutely LOVE this show but I missed last night's episode because I was travelling. Hopefully I can catch it On Demand when I get home from work.

healthyangie
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
I am SOOOO hooked on this show!!

My 2 cents - I think Carol found Lori and they're both alive!

mimsyborogoves
11-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Last night's episode was CRAZY! As was the one before that; I bawled my eyes out! This season just gets better and better. Rick's going crazy; it's kinda scary.

I have to say Daryl is my favourite character. He needs a good woman in my opinion. :)

I'll be Daryl's woman. XD

VermontMom
11-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I am hooked on this show too, the other night and previous episodes were gripping!

Did you see the way Daryl is handing the baby? looks like he's done that before...a little sibling or his own child maybe?

Hey...why did Glen ask the inmates to dig 2 more graves (in addition to the one he dug) ??? I do not remember someone 'taking care' (destroying brain) of T-Bone after he got chewed on...we don't know Carol's whereabouts...and where is Lori's body, was part of it in that fat-tummied zombie? so my question is why were the graves needed? Sure, symbolic graves are a good thing..but you do not need to dig a symbolic grave 6 feet deep.

I also think Carol will turn up.

I wish Andrea would have listened to Michonne's gut instincts and left with her.

Poor Rick looks like he is gone off the deep end!

Steph7409
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
The last couple of episodes have been pretty intense. I hope Carol is still alive, somewhere. I like the relationship between her and Daryl.

Quiet Ballerina
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Lori got eaten by the zombie. That's why he was so bloated. If you look carefully (so gross) he actually had some of her hair in his mouth. They discussed it on talking dead.

The item Rick picked up (before seeing the bloated zombie) was the bullet Carl used on Lori.

Saw a preview for next week and it looks like Andrea still likes her bad-boys... tsk tsk......

The three graves were for T-dog, Lori, and Carol. Since they haven't found Carol yet, they assume she is dead (I hope she isn't!)

Daryl holding the baby....someone on twitter said exactly what I was thinking. Something to the effect of "Daryl holding a baby? My ovaries are exploding!" :lol: I have had a crush on him for most of this show.

junebug41
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I think Carol is still alive. I'm also fond of Carl at this point.

Any speculation on the ringing phone?!?

mimsyborogoves
11-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't know who in the world would try to call that prison -- how would anyone know there was still people in there?

ChickieBoom
11-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Carol is still alive...she has to be.

I don't blame Michonne for wanting to leave but I don't blame Andrea for wanting to stay either.

Poor Rick. I hated Lori for the last 2 seasons and I was thrilled when the end came for her but now I'm feeling sad for the rest of them that she's gone. And I thought that having a baby during the Zombie Apocalypse was the worst possible idea and I was mad at Lori for leaving the responsibility of that little baby with the others but seeing Daryl with the baby last night changed my opinion of the whole situation...for now at least.

JohnP
11-13-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm so glad to see Walking Dead back to it's original form.

I don't know what they were thinking there in season two .... there were about 4 episodes that just draaaaaagggged on ...

Season three is rockin!

novangel
11-13-2012, 01:59 PM
All I know is it's highly inconvenient to have a baby around during a zombie apocalypse. Not digging it.

valalltogether
11-13-2012, 02:14 PM
The ringing phone --

Could be all in Rick's head? I mean..he's batsh!t right now..

Could it be carol somewhere within the prison trying to reach out?

Could it be the Governer? Does he have scouts? Does he know people are in there?

I just recently got into this show..like the end of season 2. My boyfriend got me into it. I love it :) Haven't read the comics, which I kinda like..because everything is a surprise!

healthyangie
11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I think the phone's in Rick's head ...
Honestly, I think Carol is with Lori and they're both alive.

Daryl holding a baby - priceless! Now we need to make sure him and Carol get to raise her :) Cute little baby @$$kicker :D

junebug41
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Good theory about the phone being in his head. Maybe that's what brings him back to earth. I didn't even think of that!

owlsteazombies
11-13-2012, 03:44 PM
I know about the phone. But I read the comics ;) And I'm not going to spoil it for any of you. Muwahahaha!

Ciao
11-13-2012, 06:30 PM
i'm also in love with daryl. he seems to take on the leader responsibility after rick went all crazy.

i'm so anxious for him and his brother to meet again! i can't imagine what merle will do when he sees his kid brother has changed drastically from season 1. :D

Steph7409
11-13-2012, 10:43 PM
The Letterman show did a bit about the ringing phone - it was a robo-call from a politician. (But they're not in Ohio!)

Is there even electricity there? Hmm. It was a great way to end the episode.

healthyangie
11-14-2012, 09:24 AM
i'm also in love with daryl. he seems to take on the leader responsibility after rick went all crazy.

i'm so anxious for him and his brother to meet again! i can't imagine what merle will do when he sees his kid brother has changed drastically from season 1. :D

I have this strange feeling the Daryl is going to kill Merle ...

healthyangie
11-14-2012, 09:25 AM
The Letterman show did a bit about the ringing phone - it was a robo-call from a politician. (But they're not in Ohio!)

Is there even electricity there? Hmm. It was a great way to end the episode.

OMG! That would be funny - Imagine hearing "Hello ... this is Governor Mick Romney calling to tell you ....." :callme:

valalltogether
11-14-2012, 12:19 PM

LOL, love it!!

Wisertime
11-14-2012, 07:14 PM
I didn't know there was a thread about TWD. I love this show!

I think Rick goes off the deep end for a little while (I've heard things) so the ringing phone was his imagination. And I've always loved Daryl but when he fed the baby and was calling her sweetheart I loved him even more!

Quiet Ballerina
11-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Daryl's arm muscles make me drool :drool: so....much....yummy-ness.....

healthyangie
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
So I must be wrong with the theory that Lori isn't dead!

Am I majorly p!$$ed at Andrea!

Daryl's gonna kill Merle - I just know it!!

pluckypear
11-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Cannot stand Andrea. Her and Merle should run off together.

Ahhh poor Glen and Maggie.

mimsyborogoves
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I am digging Michonne right now. That is one badass chick!

healthyangie
11-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah - I'm digging Michonne too! She goes from kicking @$$ to delivering baby formula ;D Can't beat that!!

I used to like Andrea but I guess they need a new local nitwit now that Lori is gone.

I wanna see Glenn kick some butt protecting his woman! They haven't really given him too many opportunities to be the hero ...

lady hawke
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I watch Walking Dead too - scares the crap out of me and I wont go outside at night after watching it :yikes:
Ive always had a crush on Daryl too :o and when he held the baby and fed her the bottle my heart just melted :drool:
Going back to the begining one thing that used to make me mad was when the RV kept breaking down - why didnt they just find an RV dealership and take a nice new one or two or three and fill them up with gas on the lot....just sayin :D

healthyangie
11-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I watch Walking Dead too - scares the crap out of me and I wont go outside at night after watching it :yikes:
Ive always had a crush on Daryl too :o and when he held the baby and fed her the bottle my heart just melted :drool:
Going back to the begining one thing that used to make me mad was when the RV kept breaking down - why didnt they just find an RV dealership and take a nice new one or two or three and fill them up with gas on the lot....just sayin :D

LOL on the RV.... Good point!

I'm an avid dreamer but I have to say, since watching this it's the first time I ever dreamt of zombies ;D

Clumsy
11-20-2012, 11:16 AM
There was a whole lot of "why did they do ___" in the first two seasons. It was really poorly written and a frustrating waste of potential. I'm really pleased with how they turned it around this season though, especially regarding the female characters. One of my main complaints leading up to season three was the lack of likeable and competent female characters. The show has some major sexist and racist undertones (and even some straight up notes) , but it seems like they are working toward remedying that. Even Carol is/was starting to contribute (besides the usual laundry) and develop. I'm bummed that they killed Theodore Douglas (T-Dog) off. They promised to develop him this season!

healthyangie
11-20-2012, 01:07 PM
There was a whole lot of "why did they do ___" in the first two seasons. It was really poorly written and a frustrating waste of potential. I'm really pleased with how they turned it around this season though, especially regarding the female characters. One of my main complaints leading up to season three was the lack of likeable and competent female characters. The show has some major sexist and racist undertones (and even some straight up notes) , but it seems like they are working toward remedying that. Even Carol is/was starting to contribute (besides the usual laundry) and develop. I'm bummed that they killed Theodore Douglas (T-Dog) off. They promised to develop him this season!

I agree with female characters .. so I guess it will take a zombie apocolysp to throw up back 60 years ... :D

I like that Carol is getting out there more, I assume it's because her idiot husband is gone now and she has a real man in Daryl.

I can't believe they killed t-dog - he was awesome!

Steph7409
11-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Andrea - ugh. So irritating. But Michonne rocks.

All in all, a good episode.

Clumsy
11-20-2012, 03:29 PM
I must be the only person who doesn't find Andrea annoying, aside from occasionally wishing she'd stfu about Amy. I think her reaction to Woodbury and the Governer make sense given the information she has. I think Andrea is one of the most sensible and rational characters on the show.

healthyangie
11-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I used to like Andrea - but yeah, now I just find her annoying. Ever since she starting just blindly cozying up to Merle, the governor and anyone else. Plus she dissed Michonne - and Michonne totally rocks!

Clumsy
11-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Yes. I <3 Michonne. She and Andrea are my favorites. Andrea is more relatable though. I see myself in her and understand her decicisons more than the rest of the characters. Her reaction to Woodbury is more believable than Michonne's. Andrea has a bad case of wishful thinking. She doesn't see what's going on because she isn't actively looking for problems with Woodbury. She raises questions and objects to things that seem off, but she isnt paranoid or inclined to spend all day looking at that gift horse's mouth. It makes sense. She doesn't want to go back out there fighting tooth and nail to survive every day and she is a little resentful that Michonne was being irrational and not giving it an honest effort to try and fit in at Woodbury.

ChickieBoom
11-20-2012, 03:55 PM
If I was a survivor in the zombie apocalypse and I stumbled across a safe haven like Woodbury, I wouldn't want to leave either. In fact, they'd have to drag me out kicking and screaming. However, that stunt when she jumped down off the wall to stab the walker is a perfect example of why I dislike Andrea. It's like last season when she shot Daryl in the head because she was so eager to get her rocks off. She just doesn't think sometimes.

healthyangie
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm wondering if they're going to do a "flash forward" so we don't have to watch poor little baby "kick@$$" suffer too much.

And yeah - I guess you would have to drag me out of Woodbury too, especially since they have bourbon! But I might have waited longer before doing the Governor!

Quiet Ballerina
11-20-2012, 07:24 PM
If I was a survivor in the zombie apocalypse and I stumbled across a safe haven like Woodbury, I wouldn't want to leave either. In fact, they'd have to drag me out kicking and screaming. However, that stunt when she jumped down off the wall to stab the walker is a perfect example of why I dislike Andrea. It's like last season when she shot Daryl in the head because she was so eager to get her rocks off. She just doesn't think sometimes.

Exactly! You put into words exactly what I dislike about Andrea. She made me so mad when she shot Daryl in the head. She was so caught up in doing whatever she wanted that she didn't want to listen to anyone.

I'm personally hoping for some flash-back episodes, so T-Dog can come back! :)

ChickieBoom
11-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Oooh flashbacks would be awesome. I'm so glad Daryl found Carol...I was hoping that they wouldn't drag that out.

VermontMom
11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Even Carol is/was starting to contribute (besides the usual laundry) and develop.
:D @ at the laundry! I thought it was pretty straight-up brave and kewl when Carol wanted to practice C-sections on zombies, to prepare for Lori's baby.

I am enjoying this season so much! and OHHHH how I dislike Merle!!!

pluckypear
11-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Andrea was into a psychopath, Shane. And he had those tendencies prior to the Apocalypse. This was demonstrated via flashbacks. And she was so weak she was into a man that was not into her but obsessed with Lori.

Also Andrea is weak as she is drawn to power, manipulative mean spirited power. She has no power of her own so pairs with it. Now with the Governor who we know is mentally ill as well. Like a woman being drawn to a dictator.

Michonne is strong. In her own way so is Carol. She is an abused woman in recovery.

As for t dog? Oops what that even his name? He was a non entity and I cannot believe he lasted this long.

I also hope glen gets a chance to shine.

Quiet Ballerina
11-22-2012, 09:03 AM
I wonder if Andrea would have been different (would she still have gone after Shane & The Gov) if Amy hadn't been bit and was still alive?

Natlyne
11-22-2012, 09:05 PM
So glad there is a thread on TWD, I LOVE this show!!!

The last few episodes have been really intense and emotional for me. I know a lot of people did not like Lori, but she was one of my fav characters. Watching her say goodbye to her son and knowing her baby was going to be ripped from her and she would never meet it was gut-wrenching to me. I sobbed. And then watching Rick react to her being dead made me sob harder!!

I love Glen and Maggie together, and am not happy Merle took them!! Ugh, I hate that man! And Andrea needs to stop thinking with what's between her legs, seriously, the govenor is bad news!!

And Daryl?? OMG he was hot before but when he took the baby!! I'm certain my ovaries exploded! :o

I think the cast is amazing, such great actors to get such a reaction from me (love, hate)!! So additcted to this show!

owlsteazombies
11-23-2012, 01:09 PM
They had better not Boba Fett Daryl. -_- He wasn't in the comics and I truly enjoy having him on the show.

Clumsy
11-23-2012, 01:23 PM
They had better not Boba Fett Daryl. -_- He wasn't in the comics and I truly enjoy having him on the show.

If they throw Daryl in the Sarlacc pit, I'll be pissed.

cherrypie
11-23-2012, 03:19 PM
am I the only one who finds Michonne annoying? all that glaring with no other facial expression at all. Watching her is the only time I'm concious of the fact that it was a comic book. I can almost see the drawn panels of her glaring.

and what Andrea is doing makes sense if you forget the stuff she doesn't know. The whole think looks perfect from her perspective. Her jumping off the wall was a way to show how afraid the residents there are of breaking the rules.

BleuMaus
11-23-2012, 06:54 PM
I love the walking dead and have been playing the walking dead video game and OMG soooo sad :( saw the end it today.

healthyangie
11-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Not enough to last night's episode!!!!! I wanted to see them storm Woodbury!

So surprised Maggie gave in so quick ... I would have thought they would have her kicking a bit of @$$.

So Judith it is .. I like it. But after a teacher? Could have been a little more meaninful.

Sorry - Andrea's an idiot.
I love Michonne but she does need to lighten up a bit.

If they kill off Daryl I'll never watch the show again! I'm still in the camp that Daryl kills Merle.

So nice to see Carol smiling at Daryl again and holding the baby :)

mimsyborogoves
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I almost couldn't take watching Glenn being beaten by Merle. That was too much! And I really can't believe how cruel everyone is in Woodbury. It's almost like they kill people for fun. =/

I thought it was dumb that they named the baby after a third grade teacher. I also think it wasn't very meaningful; even if it was what they named her in the comics, I think they should've named her Sophia or another name that was related to the group.

On another note, does anyone else agree with me that there is way too much unnecessary gore on this show? Like when they fed that hillbilly to the walkers and then they zoomed in on him getting his guts ripped out -- I mean why do we need to see that? I get it, he's being eaten; I don't need a close up to be able to figure that out! There's lots of moments like this that I think are just ridiculous and take away from the show.

Vex
11-26-2012, 11:38 AM
I don't know, I think naming the baby after the teacher IS meaningful. It makes Carl think back to normal life - to being in third grade, before all this happened. Just my opinion...

healthyangie
11-26-2012, 11:51 AM
LOL - yeah, we didn't need to see the extra feast on the hillbilly! But hey - at least it keeps the appetite down on Sunday nights :)

I understand the normal life thing for Carl, but I would have liked Sophia also ....

Woodbury is just full of freaky things ... And why don't they expand their walls a little every week?? Like just keep pushing those tires out further and further.

So if you had to create a haven like this, how would you do it? I'd keep pushing the walls!

mimsyborogoves
11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Well, maybe it would've seemed more meaningful if the teacher had some significance besides being Carl's third grade teacher, like helping him to achieve some goal or pass a test or something. It just seemed kind of random to me, like he pulled some random person out of his life and decided to name the baby after them.

Syckgirlsfv
11-27-2012, 04:05 PM
this is my favorite show EVER! I loved Shane the best, but now that he's gone I guess I'm joining team Rick...Michonne is a bad ***, I love her! Andrea bugs, Merle is a pig, Glenn is adorable and so is Maggie. My daughter is in love with Daryl! I'm glad Carol is alive and well, too. I live in So Cal and have gone to live tapings of the Talking Dead twice. Last time I went, Michonne was there ;) It's really fun and Chris Hardwick is TINY. He's adorable and funny, though, and always comes to say hi to the studio audience. The first time I went it was Glenn Mazzara and Drew Carey, oh and Gale Ann Hurd. And the actor that plays Carl called in on the phone. Mazzara was also on the second one with Michonne...fun thing to do, be in the studio audience for that show! I really hope that the mid-season finale doesn't have Michonne being bitten by Penny!!!

Syckgirlsfv
11-27-2012, 04:09 PM
LOL on the RV.... Good point!

I'm an avid dreamer but I have to say, since watching this it's the first time I ever dreamt of zombies ;D

LOL I dream about being in the zombie apocalypse a lot now! Just the other night after the last episode (where Governor Psycho got Glenn and Maggie) I was dreaming I was actually in the apocalypse with the Walking Dead characters...but my zombie apocalypse dreams are always fun, like I know I won't get killed but it's fun trying to escape! :p

ChickieBoom
12-03-2012, 10:40 AM
I would just like to say that I'm devastated that the mid season finale was last night. Now we have to wait until February to see what happens next.

Michonne is starting to lighten up a bit. She was so vulnerable when she thought the little girl was alive.

Daryl better be ok...that's all I know.

The Governor is sick in so many ways.

Thrilled that Tyrese is finally here. It should be interesting to see what happens when Tyrese and Rick meet.

Glad that Maggie and Glen are ok...for now.

Andrea turning on Michonne like that at the end and holding the gun on her even after Michonne had lowered her sword is another reason why I can't stand Andrea. Michonne saved her life, you would think that she had earned the benefit of the doubt. But no, Andrea and her bad decision making continues. Ugh.

mimsyborogoves
12-03-2012, 11:21 AM
LONG LIVE DARYL.

They better not kill him; I WILL be upset.

owlsteazombies
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
OH NEOOOOOOO!! They threw Daryl in the Sarloc Pitt! <flops around like a fish> I CANT TAKE IT!

valalltogether
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Andrea turning on Michonne like that at the end and holding the gun on her even after Michonne had lowered her sword is another reason why I can't stand Andrea. Michonne saved her life, you would think that she had earned the benefit of the doubt. But no, Andrea and her bad decision making continues. Ugh.

This. I really can't stand Andrea, I sort of hope she bites it :X

Favorite moments:

"but you have the ... short hair"

The moment when Michonne put her sword through the back of Penny's head. Epic.

Quiet Ballerina
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh man. If something happens to Daryl....I can't even think about that.

Agree with Val; it was very funny when Axel thought Carol was a lesbian. He needs to step away from the young blonde girl though!

I'm sad that....shoot. What was his name? The black inmate died. I think he could have been useful to the group. And he obviously proved himself again. He died saving Glen!

Okay, so I do have this question:
Both Michonne and the Gov got cut with glass from the fish tanks. Those fish tanks had zombie heads in them. Some of those heads were still alive (one tried to bite Michonne during the fight). So why didn't either of them get infected?

Syckgirlsfv
12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
so on the website it said that in February, Daryl and Merle will pitted against each other...I think Daryl will end up victorious. My daughter texted me last night with 'I will burn Robert Kirkman's house down'...in response to anything happening to Daryl. LOL...I had to laugh. I've actually seen him at the live Talking Dead tapings, too. I'm going to try to go to the Talking Dead premiere in February...maybe Daryl will be a guest this time!

mimsyborogoves
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Okay, so I do have this question:
Both Michonne and the Gov got cut with glass from the fish tanks. Those fish tanks had zombie heads in them. Some of those heads were still alive (one tried to bite Michonne during the fight). So why didn't either of them get infected?

Well, the first point is that it's safe to say that everyone is already infected just by existing; if either of them had died in the fight and no one found them or "killed" them a second time, they would have turned. Why they didn't turn upon contact with contaminated zombie water? Well, Hershel was brutally bitten and he never turned, although that might have been because they amputated his leg in time. It might just be a matter of time before the virus affects the governor and Michonne -- there's no real way to tell. And besides, as we saw with Jim, it takes a bit of time before the infection reveals itself; it's not an immediate reaction.

cherrypie
12-03-2012, 06:20 PM
when they get bit they die of infection and then the virus takes over.

I don't think merle or daryl is going to die just yet. They've spent too much time setting up this meeting. They aren't going to end it that fast.

Vex
12-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty dang sure I saw Daryl with his xbow in the preview for the next time. It was really fast though and I might have to look again...

Quiet Ballerina
12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Well, the first point is that it's safe to say that everyone is already infected just by existing; if either of them had died in the fight and no one found them or "killed" them a second time, they would have turned. Why they didn't turn upon contact with contaminated zombie water? Well, Hershel was brutally bitten and he never turned, although that might have been because they amputated his leg in time. It might just be a matter of time before the virus affects the governor and Michonne -- there's no real way to tell. And besides, as we saw with Jim, it takes a bit of time before the infection reveals itself; it's not an immediate reaction.

Excellent points. :) Thanks! And yes, I meant to ask why didn't they turn.

pluckypear
12-04-2012, 10:02 AM
This show was so stressful to watch. Ahhhh I love it.

Quiet Ballerina
12-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Remember! New year's eve and new year's day they're having a marathon of the entire Walking Dead series from the very first season!!!

I.Am.So.Excited!

owlsteazombies
12-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Remember! New year's eve and new year's day they're having a marathon of the entire Walking Dead series from the very first season!!!

I.Am.So.Excited!

I couldn't wait that long. Seasons 1&2 have been in my dvd collection awhile. I like to watch them when I'm on the treadmill along with Firefly :)

JohnP
12-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I couldn't wait that long. Seasons 1&2 have been in my dvd collection awhile. I like to watch them when I'm on the treadmill along with Firefly :)

Firefly is a great show. I was sooo happy when they made the movie.:D

owlsteazombies
12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Firefly is a great show. I was sooo happy when they made the movie.:D

They need to give in to Nathan Fillion and let the show continue! I think the fans deserve it after it's ten year anniversary!

Beach Patrol
12-06-2012, 01:28 PM

I.Am.So.Excited!

SCHWEET!!!!!!! My DVR will be busy that day!!!!

Steph7409
12-06-2012, 06:07 PM
What a fun way to ring in the new year - a zombie marathon!

The last ep was great, so much going on. I think almost every character had some sort of interesting moment.

Quiet Ballerina
12-08-2012, 05:42 PM
*Sob* At first I was all excited...thought to myself "oooo! Tomorrow's Sunday! Walking Dead! Yeaaaaaah!"

...and then it hit me. No. It is not on tomorrow. Waaaaaah!

novangel
12-08-2012, 06:33 PM
*Sob* At first I was all excited...thought to myself "oooo! Tomorrow's Sunday! Walking Dead! Yeaaaaaah!"

...and then it hit me. No. It is not on tomorrow. Waaaaaah!

I know. :( February can't come fast enough, Walking Dead was the only thing I had to look forward to on Sunday nights otherwise I just sit and dread going back to work.

owlsteazombies
12-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I know. :( February can't come fast enough, Walking Dead was the only thing I had to look forward to on Sunday nights otherwise I just sit and dread going back to work.

There's always our favorite serial killer: Dexter.

Oh! And soon Shameless will be back on!

I usually save Grimm until Sundays as well..I can't explain it. I love that show : /

Quiet Ballerina
12-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Oooooo Shameless comes on again soon? Shoot! I was all set to cancel Showtime. Although I was going to get it when The Big C starts up again too. When does Shameless start? After the new year?

owlsteazombies
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Oooooo Shameless comes on again soon? Shoot! I was all set to cancel Showtime. Although I was going to get it when The Big C starts up again too. When does Shameless start? After the new year?

After the season Finale of Dexter, so yeah! After the new year :)

Quiet Ballerina
12-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Okay. AMC is a dirty liar. :-P I thought they were going to show a huge marathon on New Year's Eve/New Year's Day and start The Walking Dead from season 1, episode 1.

But on my guide it just shows the episodes from season 3.
Still cool....but come on! I wanted to watch them all again. :)

Syckgirlsfv
12-30-2012, 04:38 PM
what! I was looking forward to watching the pilot and all of the rest of them! I have the first two seasons in iTunes, but I wanted to watch them on my new 65'' Samsung! BOO.

jenn33082
01-09-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm ready for Feb to get here. This is really the only show that I watch religiously.

mimsyborogoves
02-12-2013, 01:12 AM
THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK! What'd y'all think of the new episode??

Babybat
02-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Yes I love it!
I'm up to date on all the episodes and have the first two seasons on dvd :D

Alyj89
02-12-2013, 04:18 AM
* BETTER COME BACK :( (you know who if you watched.)
I'm sick of the gov / Andrea. XD

VermontMom
02-12-2013, 07:39 AM
I hate that Merl (Meryl?) survived and I hate that Daryl felt he had to stick with his psycho horrible brother!

I feel bad for Rick as he is being plagued by hallucinations and his mental stability seems challenged :(

I am really glad Carol is back, she is strong and no-nonsense.

I think Carl has really grown and matured.

I want to give Andrea a kick in the pants! :devil:

Gotta love a show that gets you so involved with the characters!

PinkLotus
02-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Daryl will be back. I refuse to believe otherwise!! I do not like Merle, and never have.
As a reader of the comics, I must say I'm disappointed so far with how they've handled Michonne's character in the show. A little too much glaring and not enough speaking.
I hate hate hate Andrea. I want to fast forward through her scenes!!

forkeeps
02-12-2013, 11:33 AM
I agree wholeheartedly about Andrea. I used to sort of like her character's strength, even if I didn't agree with her choices. Now I find her just annoying and too naive. Sleeping with the Governor, really? She is obviously a very poor judge of character.

I understand Darryl's choice, and I don't blame the group for not wanting Merle back with them. One of those tough choices that needed to be made.

I too am disappointed in their treatment of Michonne's character. She is very strong and admirable, I hope they don't marginalize her. She could be their new Darryl.

And Rick? He's getting crazier by the minute. He needs to take about a three-day long nap.

Quiet Ballerina
02-13-2013, 02:44 PM
The one thing that really stuck out to me: When Merle and Daryl were 'fighting to the death,' Merle looked out for Daryl. He put on the show, said he would prove himself, started to fight....and then said something along the lines of "Stick with me, baby brother" and then, boom! It was the two of them against the zombies.

And you have to think about it. That's probably how it was growing up for Daryl. Things were rough. Is his older brother nice all the time? Definitely not. But at the end of the day, they're brothers. Daryl couldn't give up on him.

Carol seems to be in that mindset. Did she want Daryl to go? Absolutely not (and neither do I!!!) but even Carol said that if her husband walked through the door alive....she isn't sure what she would do. And her husband was garbage.

Syckgirlsfv
02-13-2013, 02:48 PM
I for one am becoming tired of Rick's bad decisions. I think the way he's treating Michonne is wrong, and forcing Daryl to choose between them and his brother was stupid. I mean, Merle is obnoxious, but he isn't dangerous. Like Daryl said, he isn't a rapist!

They took Shane away from me at the end of season 2...that's all I can handle!

FickleHearts
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Oh god, addicted to this show. I've watched season 1 and 2 about 6 times a piece and bought 3 on amazon to watch while I waited out the mid season break.

I hate Andrea. They have totally ruined that character after she'd come so so far in season 2. Why stay in Woodbury after a. finding a room full of heads in fishbowls and b. my lover was keeping his dead zombie child in a closet???? Yeah, hit the road.

Huge fan of the comics and am up to date on reading them, so I didn't get attached to certain characters like Shane or Lori LOL. I figured he wouldn't stray too much from the comics in relation to living and dead. It's completely different of course though. Am curious on what he plans for the baby......

If they ever kill Daryl I'll stop watching. Him running off with Merle didn't make sense to me as Merle is a, well can't really say it here, but I'm curious enough to watch where it goes. I LOVE Michonne in the comics and if Rick doesn't start being nice to her I'm going to become very anti Rick. They did say it was going to be a Ricktatorship this season and they weren't wrong.

I hope they actually get Michonne out of the glaring and more into the character she is in the comics.

Can't wait til Sun. night!

Syckgirlsfv
02-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I've always been on team Shane...LOL he's just so damn easy to look at! When he shaved his head I couldn't stand how freakin' HOT he was. Love to see him without a shirt! I was pretty sad when he started to become so unhinged over, of all things, Lori. Friggin' Olive Oyl. (LOL when Daryl called her that!) I know that it's not possible to have 2 alpha males but STILL. It made it interesting, to say the least :D

omgsasha
02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
TEAM DARYL! <3 ugh norman reedus ... what i would do to him.. JUST 15 mins PLEASE HAHA sorry

healthyangie
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
:rofl:

I'm with omgsasha!! My thoughts are the group will take over Woodbury, kill the governor and baby kick@ss will have a nice place to grow up.

Daryl will end up killing Earl somewhere along the line to defend the group.

Rick is just a basket case at this point ...

omgsasha
02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
:rofl:

I'm with omgsasha!! My thoughts are the group will take over Woodbury, kill the governor and baby kick@ss will have a nice place to grow up.

Daryl will end up killing Earl somewhere along the line to defend the group.

Rick is just a basket case at this point ...

HEHE :chin:

i can see all of this and hope that it happens too! i hope baby kickass has a place to live in! i just cant stand the governor at all! :( earl is such a jackass! UGHH and rick... i hope the best for him! he has 2 kids that he needs to take care of..... i can see why he does some of the things he does! but other than that... daryl :val1:

novangel
02-13-2013, 05:29 PM
This whole Rick soap opera thing doesn't interest me. Hearing voices and seeing Lori's ghost? *cheese alert* Get back to zombies, action and less of Rick's PTSD. He's a great character but they unraveled him too much in season 3. Like waking up in a shot up hospital after a coma to find out the zombie apocalypse is happening (zombies everywhere) didn't make him come unhinged but his wife dying did? Come on now...He needs to get it together and back to being the strong one.

The governor is a giant douche and Merle has got to go. If anything ever happens to Daryl I'm running through the streets with flaming pitchforks.

mimsyborogoves
02-13-2013, 06:30 PM
I think the new group of people could be a great help to the group; I'm concerned about the 2 new guys though. The couple seems like they're genuine.

I also agree that they should just take over Woodbury and kill the governor. Those people need someone they can rely on and the governor's not cutting it. But then again, I'm concerned at how easy those people could be brainwashed... why do they not think throwing people in a pit with walkers to fight to the death is wrong?

As for Daryl... oh, Daryl. But I don't want Merle with that group; I think he's too easily provoked and could actually be dangerous. He'd look out for Daryl cause he's his brother, but everyone else in the group? I wouldn't trust him for anything.

pluckypear
02-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Shane was a sociopath and was thankful when he was taken off the show, my only disappointment was that Andrea survived. She loves deranged men. She finds them powerful.

Rick is losing it.

Meryl is also psycho.

Daryl is super hot.

I think rick is going off with Carl and Michonne because the writers are going to save those characters. It only makes sense the baby will die. I think either Glen or Maggie will die and of course Hershel will die too. At least that is what I think will happen.

I found Lori super annoying alive and doubly so dead.

Carol and Daryl need to get it on.

Lol

Love this show.

joefla70
02-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I found Lori super annoying alive and doubly so dead.

LOL! Me too!

RavenWolf
02-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Daryl is my fave! I think I'm in love with him! I can't stand, never could, Rick!

I really like Michonne an hate the way Rick treats her. I think she is a valuable asset.

As for Lori, I couldn't stand her either! She aggravated me to no end. She acted like she was "mad" that Rick came back into her life. How sad.

I am so addicted to this show. I get all antsy waiting for the next episode!!

Syckgirlsfv
02-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Shane was a sociopath and was thankful when he was taken off the show,

I have to respectfully disagree...Shane was not a sociopath. I mean, Lori clung to him like glue and was the typical damsel in distress, who waited like what, 5 minutes before jumping in to the sack with him when she thought her husband was dead? She got all hot n heavy with Shane, made him love her, AND made him feel like he had a family in her and Carl...then Rick shows up and he's supposed to just turn it off? He went from being the center of her and Carl's world to being 3rd wheel! After a while he should have let it go, but then we wouldn't have had much of a show, would we?

cherrypie
02-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I have to respectfully disagree...Shane was not a sociopath. I mean, Lori clung to him like glue and was the typical damsel in distress, who waited like what, 5 minutes before jumping in to the sack with him when she thought her husband was dead? She got all hot n heavy with Shane, made him love her, AND made him feel like he had a family in her and Carl...then Rick shows up and he's supposed to just turn it off? He went from being the center of her and Carl's world to being 3rd wheel! After a while he should have let it go, but then we wouldn't have had much of a show, would we?

I loved Shane too. And I never thought he was intending to kill Rick that night.

cherrypie
02-28-2013, 02:41 PM
The one thing that really stuck out to me: When Merle and Daryl were 'fighting to the death,' Merle looked out for Daryl. He put on the show, said he would prove himself, started to fight....and then said something along the lines of "Stick with me, baby brother" and then, boom! It was the two of them against the zombies.

And you have to think about it. That's probably how it was growing up for Daryl. Things were rough. Is his older brother nice all the time? Definitely not. But at the end of the day, they're brothers. Daryl couldn't give up on him.

Carol seems to be in that mindset. Did she want Daryl to go? Absolutely not (and neither do I!!!) but even Carol said that if her husband walked through the door alive....she isn't sure what she would do. And her husband was garbage.

Really? you didn't notice Daryl actually cringing when he saw Merle? I was sure merle was going to kill Daryl then when Daryl started to get the better of him he told him he had a plan. Then our survivors showed up and gave them a diversion.

FickleHearts
02-28-2013, 03:20 PM
I love Rick. I hate the way they are doing Rick currently. The insanity was annoying in the comics, but at least there it was both Lori and the baby he was mourning. This is just ridiculous.

Andrea needs to die. I had hopes in season 2 she'd become useful but now? Eh, she's a moron.

Daryl is super hot. If they ever kill Daryl I think I'm done with the show. Merle coming back only tells me Merle is going to be zombie bait later - I hope.

I didn't have a problem with Shane. I liked the way they fleshed him out in the show compared to his 6 issue life and death in the comic. It had to have been hard to fall in love with your best friends wife and then have to give her up when he came back. What are the odds Rick would have survived and found them? I didn't like how Shane did Otis, that kinda irritated me but understood he needed a push to go down a darker path. I never expected him to make it out of season 2 since he never made it to the farm.

Kinda mad they are having Tyrese with the Governor and not Rick. Really wish they'd expand more with Michonne instead of have her all angry cat grumpy face the entire time. I really like her in the comics as she is a bad a**.

I'm really wondering how long they intend to keep the baby alive or if Kirkman grew a heart and will let her live LOL. My main complaint so far this season is; needs more zombie killing/danger and less whiny survivor angst. They've relegated the zombies to not even second rate characters!

cherrypie
02-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Really wish they'd expand more with Michonne instead of have her all angry cat grumpy face the entire time.

I love that lol

the only time I'm aware of this being a spin off of a comic is when I see her scowling.

I don't have a problem with the occasional decline in the zombie action. It wouldn't shock us anymore if it happened every episode.

novangel
02-28-2013, 08:38 PM

Agree. Not to mention that baby is Shanes and she pretty much told him "too bad" she's going to acknowledge it as Ricks. Bogus. I'd be a psycho too.

Daryl needs to stop playing hard to get and give it to Carol already. :lol:

Bloopers
02-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Seriously, what the heck was last episode all about.. like absolutely NOTHING went down. I thought Andrea would kill the governor or the governor would wake up and shoot her first or something but nothing happened!!! All the characters are starting to annoy me, but Daryl.

I love how much the characters grew though. Carol went from being a helpless little thing to independent and actually useful. Rick is starting to annoy me. Honestly, Shane made half the show, so sad that they killed him off.

pluckypear
03-01-2013, 07:48 AM
I agree Lori used Shane. However he planned to kill Rick and remember he almost raped Lori in the shower at that science lab place.

Anyway I love the show and Daryl and Carol are my favourite characters. Funny because initially I really disliked Carol.

celigirl88
03-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Seriously, what the heck was last episode all about.. like absolutely NOTHING went down. I thought Andrea would kill the governor or the governor would wake up and shoot her first or something but nothing happened!!! All the characters are starting to annoy me, but Daryl.

I love how much the characters grew though. Carol went from being a helpless little thing to independent and actually useful. Rick is starting to annoy me. Honestly, Shane made half the show, so sad that they killed him off.

I agree! I watched the episode thinking something good was going to happen and nothing! I was really hoping Andrea would kill him but the way they made it seem was he was definitely going to wake up and catch her, and then.....nothing.

They need to do something different with Rick. He's just all over the place. One minute he's being a good leader and the next he's trampling through high grass out of his mind, I don't get which direction they are trying to go with him. Carl is more of a leader at this point, and in all reality I love what they did with this character. Let's face it, if something like this did happen in real life, kids would have to grow up fast and I think they did a good job with him as far as him still being a "kid" but knowing what he needs to do to protect his group and himself.

PinkLotus
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Agree. Not to mention that baby is Shanes and she pretty much told him "too bad" she's going to acknowledge it as Ricks. Bogus. I'd be a psycho too.

How do we know the baby is Shane's? She slept with both of them within a very short time (Shane before Rick was brought to the camp, Rick the first night he was in camp). We'll never know who's the real father of that baby. Lori did refuse to acknowledge that the baby COULD be Shane's though, I'll agree to that. But there is equal chance that it's Rick's or Shane's.
Shane needed to go. I liked him at the beginning, and liked looking at him, but he was a loose cannon who was getting worse. I wanted him gone from the moment he fed Otis to the walkers. I'm not saying it was all his fault...obviously Lori had just as much to do with that. And I wouldn't have expected him to just turn his feelings for Lori off - I felt really bad for him, actually. But she made her choice, and that choice was Rick.
And in my opinion, Shane most definitely intended to kill Rick that night. Why else would he stage the whole Randall incident, get Rick out there alone, then pull a gun on him? I think by that point, Shane had just plain lost it.
Just my two cents on Shane :D Bear in mind, I LOVE Rick, so I am probably biased. :D
I have always hated Merle. I felt like I was the only person in the world who was NOT happy that he was coming back. For that reason, I really hope they do redeem his character in some way. But I'm not sure that's possible after all he's done.
I am so mad that Tyrese and crew are at Woodbury. I am holding on to hope that something happens to turn that around, because it's just not right!!
If this Woodbury plot doesn't end with Andrea gone, I'm going to be pissed. LOL. I do not like her one bit. But I knew she wasn't going to kill the Governor at the end of the last episode, because that would have been a too easy and anticlimactic way for him to go.

VermontMom
03-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Last night's episode was sooo depressing ('particularly melancholy' as Talking Head Chris called it!) Poor Morgan, and that backpacker...ugh.

Rick seems to have pulled himself together. And it was good to see Michone for one as not so brooding and intense.

celigirl88
03-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Last night's episode was sooo depressing ('particularly melancholy' as Talking Head Chris called it!) Poor Morgan, and that backpacker...ugh.

Rick seems to have pulled himself together. And it was good to see Michone for one as not so brooding and intense.

I seriously thought they were going to do something with the backpacker to be honest. The way in the beginning how they wouldn't show his face, and then when he was running after the car you still couldn't see who it was. Then at the end when the backpack was just lying there, I had a feeling when they stopped to pick it up, the person was going to jump out of nowhere and get in the car!!!

I'm glad Rick cleaned up a bit as well. He actually seemed with it. Carl is becoming one BA little kid. But I guess when you want to survive, a zombie outbreak will do that to you. My boyfriend has been waiting since season 1 for Morgan to come back, he almost died when he saw it was him, and plus he called it haha.

Next week's episode looks amazing, but I hope it has something a little...more. I don't know, they seem to be getting boring again to me. There hasn't been any "HOLY *(@^@% did you see that" moments or "wow what a twist" lately.

cherrypie
03-04-2013, 01:14 PM
On talking dead they said one of he themes of the season was you can't do this alone. I think another one is that the past is gone, you have to deal with the new reality. You probably wouldn't pick up a hitchhiker now on that road. You certainly wouldn't after the zombies.

Quiet Ballerina
03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
cherrypie I didn't interpret that as Daryl cringing from his brother, no. I looked at it a different way.
And I think Shane definitely meant to kill Rick. There was at least one other occasion when he had Rick in the sight of his gun (when Dale walked up on them in the woods). Shane was hot, but he was losing it.

novangel I'm not so sure the baby is definitely Shane's. I mean, I know people joke about it a lot, but Lori also had sex with Rick once he was back.

Vermont Ohmygoodness I agree! Poor Morgan. When I read on the wall "Duane turned" it broke my heart. Then to hear the story of how it happened....I can't imagine.

celigirl I think you missed all the blood and guts along the road that were the remains of the backpacker. ;) But I was hoping they'd help him too. If anything, I just want them to have more manpower for when they go up against the governor!
I'm right there with your boyfriend -- I kept wondering if they'd bring Morgan back.

It dawned on me this episode just how little the group has traveled during the course of the show. Sure, they went out into the country for a bit, but they're so close to Rick's house now. :) Maybe they'll explore more and meet more survivors who aren't crazy like the Gov?

ChickieBoom
03-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Re: the backpacker - I guess it's too dangerous picking up new people. Sure he was asking for help but it's too big of a risk to assume that everyone you see is good for the group. Plus, he was in quite a sticky situation and that might speak to what skills he has to bring to the group. What was he doing out there alone? It was sad to see that he didn't make it.

Re: Morgan - I hope that he starts to get himself together and is able to join Rick again at some point down the line. He is someone that would add to the group. Setting up those booby traps and surviving pretty much on his own all this time is pretty impressive. It was sad that he was so crazy but they're all a little crazy at this point.

I have disliked Andrea since last season when she nearly killed Daryl. For someone who was once a civil rights attorney, she sure doesn't seem to be able to think things through. She continually makes piss poor choices. I certainly didn't appreciate that she was so willing to leave Michonne who kept her alive all those months and took up with the governor so easily.

Plus...Michonne was AWESOME last night! So nice to see her vulnerable side.

celigirl88
03-04-2013, 01:55 PM
celigirl I think you missed all the blood and guts along the road that were the remains of the backpacker. ;) But I was hoping they'd help him too. If anything, I just want them to have more manpower for when they go up against the governor!
I'm right there with your boyfriend -- I kept wondering if they'd bring Morgan back.

It dawned on me this episode just how little the group has traveled during the course of the show. Sure, they went out into the country for a bit, but they're so close to Rick's house now. :) Maybe they'll explore more and meet more survivors who aren't crazy like the Gov?

I honestly probably missed that. I was writing a paper the same time the episode was on and probably looked down just as they were passing that. But now that you say it, it makes sense!! On another forum I was reading, everyone was making speculation that there should be some sort of crazy finding in the backpack, which I agree with. Something that will throw such a huge twist into the show.

Re: the backpacker - I guess it's too dangerous picking up new people. Sure he was asking for help but it's too big of a risk to assume that everyone you see is good for the group. Plus, he was in quite a sticky situation and that might speak to what skills he has to bring to the group. What was he doing out there alone? It was sad to see that he didn't make it.

Re: Morgan - I hope that he starts to get himself together and is able to join Rick again at some point down the line. He is someone that would add to the group. Setting up those booby traps and surviving pretty much on his own all this time is pretty impressive. It was sad that he was so crazy but they're all a little crazy at this point.

I have disliked Andrea since last season when she nearly killed Daryl. For someone who was once a civil rights attorney, she sure doesn't seem to be able to think things through. She continually makes piss poor choices. I certainly didn't appreciate that she was so willing to leave Michonne who kept her alive all those months and took up with the governor so easily.

Plus...Michonne was AWESOME last night! So nice to see her vulnerable side.

I have never liked her. I don't know if it's the way they have her character or the way I'm percieving her if that makes sense. She is just dumb. She makes no sense and her decisions aren't that rationale. Michonne made it clear that Woodbury was NOT what is was cracked up to be and the governor was crazy, yet she's asking Michonne at the prison why she left even though Andrea knows why and has witnessed first hand the town isn't what is right for her!!!! I don't know why she's latching on to the governor or what her purpose is, but I kinda hope everybody kicks her out and she's left alone.

novangel
03-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Shane looked her dead in the face and said "that's my baby" and she didn't deny it she just said no matter what it's Ricks. True, we may never know for sure but I like to assume that Shane is the Father just to keep things more interesting. ...Plus I still have a hard time letting go of his character. :lol:

Am I the only idiot that just found out Rick is British? Just when I though he was already attractive I see him cleaned up with an English accent on a Tv interview and I about died. I prefer the dirty look though...with the accent. Game on.

Quiet Ballerina
03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I think Maggie is British too.
novangel: you have to watch Love Actually! "Rick" is in it. :)

Oh! And wow, how did we not comment on this? Michonne doing her ab exercises in the prison? Inspirational! I was watching that thinking to myself "oh my gosh, she isn't wiggling or moving at all. She is just rocking that exercise out. Her breath control and body control was so kick-butt."

Aunty Jam
03-08-2013, 05:58 PM
I love The Walking Dead too! I think they made a mistake not picking up the hitchhiker, anyone who could survive like that out there has some serious skills. But I see the point about how people can be dangerous in that situation.

Walking Dead is the only reason I look forward to Sunday! I love Darryl and I'm liking Michonne too... the whole "Too damn gorgeous..." and "Mat said "Welcome"" was hilarious. My favorite parts of the whole episode.

Quiet Ballerina
03-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Anyone have thoughts to share on last night's episode?

I really want Andrea to consider what Herschel said and re-join the group. I feel like that scene explained a lot about why Andrea is staying -- she feels stuck. Doesn't know what her options are.

Daryl with the knife throwing? :drool:

I'm glad Glenn and Maggie have worked things out. ;)

I missed a little bit on the conversation between the Governor and Milton at the end, so I'll have to re-watch it. I was so nervous the entire time because of the gun taped under the table.

joefla70
03-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I liked that Rick is back to his old self. I like what he said to Hershel at the end of the episode. It shows that he is thinking rationally and smartly. Its odd to see the person Hershel has changed into, but not necessarily bad. I kinda liked the moment that Daryl had with the henchman from the other town. After their displays of walker killing efficiency, they showed a mutual respect for each other. I wonder if it could be a precursor to the two sides joining together if the governor is killed.

I foresee the governor being taken out in a skirmish with the town shortly after war begins or by assassination -- possibly by one of his own. I can't see the group accepting the governor's terms, nor can I see this going to an all-out war. Milton was clearly disturbed upon hearing the governor say that he would not honor the terms of his deal if Rick accepted it. I would imagine that others in the town would not like the idea of a war just for the personal revenge of the governor. If it does go to war, I still see the governor dying, along with some on both sides, and then the remainder of the groups joining up together. New blood is needed to keep the show fresh. I think Season 4 begins where the fallout ends with the governor's death.

joefla70
03-11-2013, 01:57 PM
P.S.

Did Daryl fans notice that he has a new crossbow? I didn't notice the name, but I read elsewhere that the new one has the name "King Daryl III" written on it. (His old one was named "Daryl Jr.")

And I liked his retort to hearing Milton's name: "Great. He brought his butler." :D

cherrypie
03-11-2013, 02:47 PM
apparantly the other guy killing zombies got hit twice in the back of the head with a rubber knife filming the zombie killing scenes.

I found the whole Gov/rick thing really boring. Gave an opportunity for a lot of nice other conversations though. I think Andrea knows what she has to do now.

Syckgirlsfv
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
I was pissed that Rick even sat down to speak to the Governor at all! He should have shot him right off the bat...no reason to give him any respect in my opinion. No conversation necessary!

Loved the Daryl - Martinez scene...male-bonding over killing walkers RULES!

Quiet Ballerina
03-11-2013, 03:55 PM
P.S.

Did Daryl fans notice that he has a new crossbow? I didn't notice the name, but I read elsewhere that the new one has the name "King Daryl III" written on it. (His old one was named "Daryl Jr.")

And I liked his retort to hearing Milton's name: "Great. He brought his butler." :D

Too funny! I didn't see that. ;) Guess I'll have to watch the Daryl scenes again....darn....

I've been watching recordings from the different comic cons on youtube to see interviews with the guys. Some of the audience questions are a little blah, but some are really creative and/or cute. One video I saw had a little girl bring "Daryl" a small pin with a picture of a squirrel on it. He kissed her hand. I melted.

cherrypie Really? Haha poor Martinez. I bet that wasn't fun.

joefla I think that's a smart guess as to what will happen in the future. I really don't want any of the group to die though. :(

Shyne
03-11-2013, 06:52 PM
*la la la la la* Not looking at spoiler alerts
But jumping in to say I LOVE this show....has to be my favourite of all time hands down!!

VermontMom
03-11-2013, 08:02 PM
great comments and insights!

I also thought that Rick and the Gov. talking was a waste of time, didn't seem to expose anything. Don't know the point of showing the gun taped to the table, when the Gov. never even teasingly reached for it.

Really liked the bonding between Daryl and Martinez. Good fodder for future teamwork! Same with Hershel and Milton talking. I cannot imagine Milton going along with the planned slaughter :( and think he will do what he can to warn Andrea about it.

I don't think the population of Woodbury would agree to support a war if it was only for the Gov's personal vendetta against Michonne, but I can certainly see the Gov. spinning some huge fat lies about how its necessary for their survival.

Andrea...why did she go back with the Gov. after the meeting?? isn't she showing her choice right now by doing that? I think she can only redeem herself at this point by doing what she can to take out the Gov.

I keep thinking back to the backpacker, thought there would be 'more' to him, brief as it was. So awful to see his remains ... but have to say brilliant scene where the car just slows and stops..you see the backpack being picked up but without any humans doing it..then the car speeds away. THEN i was hoping there would be something very kewl or helpful or huge in the contents of the pack!

Joefla70 - I noticed right away, Daryl's new crossbow! did that come from Morgan's stash?

pluckypear
03-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Great comments on the episode. I can only say again Andrea has to go, she makes my skin crawl.

mimsyborogoves
03-18-2013, 10:54 AM
WHAT ABOUT LAST NIGHTS EPISODE??? Talk about intense!

Andrea is an idiot. Plain and simple. She makes me cringe all the time. Did anyone else think that Milton set the walkers on fire? I had no idea it was the black guy (can't remember his name). I kinda wish Rick hadn't kicked that group out of the prison; they're being too easily influenced by Woodbury.

Vex
03-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I think it WAS Milton who set them on fire. That's why the governor asked Tyrese about the gas...where would he get gas?

What I thought was odd was that no matter where Andrea ran, the governor found her. I mean...really, that secluded int he woods and he pops right out?

Quiet Ballerina
03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Vermont Yup. The crossbow came from Morgan's stash.

Mimsy I think Vex is correct -- Milton was the one that set the fire. Not Tyreese.

Those last few minutes though....man. When Andrea was so close to the prison, only to be caught by the Gov? And that torture room?! :eek:

Andrea was a guest on Talking Dead last night. I think she brought some good insight into her character. But I didn't get to finish watching it. :) I'll try to post later when I have time.

valalltogether
03-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I didn't get to catch the talking dead because I watched a later showing :(!!

It only took Andrea long enough to realize that the Governor is "not what he seems" and now she is paying for it. Dying to see how that plays out with her being bound in that room. Wow!

I thought Milton was a total badass at the end. But now that the governor knows he can't trust him, what will become of him? He can't just kill him, the townspeople will notice he's gone. Though, the gov is pretty good at telling BS stories and lies.

thinkfit
03-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Vex - That drove me crazy too! I can get how he initially saw her, but after he drove away the first time to circle around, there is NO reason she should have gotten caught! The car's not exactly silent, she should have had plenty of indicators as to where he was, not be booking it into the building as he's pulling up. She would have been better off up in a tree in the middle of the forest! But even after she got out of the building, she should have had enough of a head start that they wouldn't be getting to the prison in the same spot, at the same time. Maybe he got in his vehicle and decided to go to the prison knowing that's where she was headed, but there's no reason he should have been able to drive there, get out somewhere far enough away that he wouldn't be noticed by whoever was watching, and successfully find from which edge of the treeline she was going to emerge from and grab her before she made it. That bothered me so much! Obviously haha

VermontMom
03-18-2013, 07:58 PM
I missed last night's episode due to feeling sick :( so I came right here to catch up :D and I'll ask DH to fill me in on details.

My DH says that so far, any cast member that has been on The Talking Dead, is gone from the show next week?? has anyone else noticed that occurring?

pluckypear
03-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Oh Andrea! Sigh. She is strong but not very clever.

She should have shot the governor when she had the opportunity and not assumed that herd would defeat him. And she could have taken his truck if she had the keys or at least wrecked it.

thinkfit
03-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Right? If she wasn't going to kill him herself, she could have at least stuck her trusty little knife in his tires haha

Quiet Ballerina
03-19-2013, 11:15 AM
I missed last night's episode due to feeling sick :( so I came right here to catch up :D and I'll ask DH to fill me in on details.

My DH says that so far, any cast member that has been on The Talking Dead, is gone from the show next week?? has anyone else noticed that occurring?

No, your husband is incorrect, especially this season. So far this season the talking dead has had Glenn, Maggie's sister (what's her name?), Axel, Maggie, and Andrea on it. (T-Dogg was on it too...was that this season or last?)

celigirl88
03-19-2013, 11:29 AM
I really did enjoy this last episode. It kept me thinking like I knew what was going to happen, but then that would never happen. It was very suspenseful and I feel like the show really needed that because of how drawn out it's starting to get.

I really feel like the Gov was either bit or scratched in the warehouse scene. When he got back to Woodbury, he was acting so weird. I don't believe for a minute he got out of that situation without at least getting hurt. I was SO mad when he caught up to Andrea! I was starting to have a dislike for her character but with this episode she's starting to come back around to me. She finally got some sense knocked into her.

forkeeps
03-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Last night's episode was great. Very very sad at the end. Who would have guessed we would actually cry over Merle? Though actually, I was mostly sad for Darryl. Merle did the right thing letting Michonne go.

Next week is the last episode of the season. Wonder if the whole Governor/Woodbury thing will be wrapped up? It should be very exciting, anyway.

novangel
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
I think the season finale will be the end of the Governor. :carrot:

thinkfit
03-25-2013, 11:30 PM
I have my fingers crossed so hard that Daryl will be the one to kill him! Nothing like good old fashioned brotherly revenge.

valalltogether
03-26-2013, 01:58 PM
I should have seen it coming that when they showed Merle's soft side, that he was going to die. They like to do that.. get you to like someone, then bam!

Seems like Merle knew he was going to die or just wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. Why else would he get drunk and then attempt to do that? Good shot for a guy who just drank 1/2 bottle of whiskey.

celigirl88
03-27-2013, 11:16 AM
I am hoping that Darryl is the one that ends the Gov. And I hope they don't lead up to this huge war JUST for the season to end and not have anybody die. I will be livid. I hope we don't lose anymore good characters (Carol, Darryl, Maggie etc etc). I also kind of want Martinez to realize how awful the Gov is and try to become good with the prison gang. That would be a turn of events.

As far as last weekes episode. My poor little heart was broken. I never thought what happened WOULD happen!

valalltogether
03-28-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm betting they will leave us on a giant cliffhanger. I don't think the Gov will die this season.

VermontMom
03-28-2013, 04:23 PM
I think it was so kewl that Merl did redeem himself, if only for his brother's sake. I also think that we're gonna be left with a huge cliffhanger!!

charliee
03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm betting they will leave us on a giant cliffhanger. I don't think the Gov will die this season.

Me neither. I'm starting to think that the big confrontation isn't going to happen either. Maybe just a few people from the prison (ie Darryl) going into the town to take revenge.

Can't wait for Sunday!!:carrot:

MadCowOnTheMend
03-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I love it!! I just finished watching the first season and haven't seen any of the 2nd season.. not sure where to find it, really.. which makes me sad.

We don't have cable, or TV at all for that matter. We watch everything online at 1channel.ch for free.

So, I totally geeked out a few weeks ago when I spent over an hour in the same room as Sarah Wayne Callies (actress who played Lori). Ahhhhh!!! She was totally normal and awesome. It made my day. :-)

free1
03-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Sooooooo...who do you think will die this Sunday? I haven't read the series. (If you have, please don't spoil it :) )

I think we're going to say goodbye to Rick...He's getting weird and creepy. I say Daryl is going to take over and lead the group !!!!!

NemesisClaws
03-30-2013, 12:02 PM
The show is driving me insane. I think I need to stop watching it and wait for the whole series to wrap up and come out on a dvd. It's just moving at a snail's pace and I'm starting to lose interest in it.

Andrea is driving me nuts. I keep wondering how someone can be so clueless and miss all the freaking red flags here....

And why is it the Woodbury residents seem to have no problem going to war? Shouldn't they be concentrating on survival, not killing even more of themselves off? I'm surprised they're not questioning very much.

Ahhh Merle...if you had only waited till you had a shot at the Governor, instead of announcing your presence by shooting as many as you could. Tisk.

This Sunday should be interesting....hopefully....I think it's when we FINALLY see some actual action take place between Woodbury and the prison....

thinkfit
03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
My thoughts on the finale:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2aifriq.gif

EDIT: Anybody catch that call on the talking dead? c r e e p y

VermontMom
04-01-2013, 09:02 AM
My thoughts on the finale:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2aifriq.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Omg you made my day Sarah :D YES I was like that too!!

My thoughts -

Carl - I actually agreed with his action of popping that kid. The kid was not laying down his weapon as ordered. "Handing it over" as we have seen in movies is sometimes a ploy so I say Carl did right. And wow to Carl's 'tude. Well the kid has grown up! (literally, huh) And throwing down his dad's badge was harsh for Rick of course.

Andrea - well, not many of us here admired her as we know, but i give her tons of credit for going out with dignity and courage. But SHEESH if she had only maybe tried with the pliers a little sooner instead of engaging poor Milton in conversation...I was YELLING at the TV for her to shut up and start using them pliers :devil:

and now we have to wait til October, huh!

I did not watch all of Talking Dead afterwards, what was the phone call you mentioned Sarah?

Syckgirlsfv
04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Carl was right...every person that they let go and didn't kill came back to kill one of them. They couldn't let him go back to the Governor. Although, apparently he would've been shot anyway!

charliee
04-01-2013, 01:26 PM
And why is it the Woodbury residents seem to have no problem going to war? Shouldn't they be concentrating on survival, not killing even more of themselves off? I'm surprised they're not questioning very much.

I think that most of the people in Woodbury haven't experienced the "crazy off his rocker" governor, and are willing to believe that his decisions are for the best. He gave them some semblance of their previous lives and they are holding on to that with tooth and nail.

Meanwhile the people from the prison seem like a rag tag band of crazies who came into Woodbury and shot a kid. The residents believe that by attacking the prison they are protecting their own.

If the writers had been smarter, they would have shown some more discussion between the residents about whether or not what they are doing is right, but I guess they figure the conversation between Tyrese and Allen was a stand in for that.

thinkfit
04-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Wohoo, mission accomplished Holly! haha Found the call on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/embed/mOXRa_Dnh2Y)! My sister told me he was actually reading the verse just before the highlighted one left in the prison but omg it was so unexpected and weird. Creepy voice! but LOL at Norman

I also think Carl was in the right, which is apparently an unpopular opinion but whatever. In a reality like the one he's been living in, if you tell someone to stop and put down their weapon and they keep coming closer to 'hand it to you', you gotta do what you gotta do. I WAS YELLING AT ANDREA TOO! That wasn't even ~intense~ just straight up infuriating lmao. Like can you not talk and work at the same time? And the way she'd stop and stare at him for five minutes whenever he'd move or make a noise - uh, if anything that should mean hurry up, not stop and watch him transition like he won't see you if you don't move! ugh ugh ugh sldkjflkj

I didn't really get why the Woodbury people were so ready to just go shoot people up, but that makes sense. Plus, the Governor said something about how "I had to stretch the truth, but only a little and now they're foaming at the mouth" or something like that, so it's pretty likely that he made them believe more of what he was saying in his little speech before they took off, that the people at the prison were, like charliee said, a rag tag band of crazies that was gonna take everything from the people of Woodbury.

October is too far away! I need to know what happened to the Governor.

forkeeps
04-02-2013, 10:51 AM
I agree Carl was right to shoot the guy. He was told to drop the gun, not hand it over.

Why in the world did Martinez and the other guy get back in the truck with the Gov? He showed himself to be straight up crazy yet they are still loyal to him? Not smart.

I was sad about Andrea, even though she had done some things in the past that were infuriating. It was especially sad to hear Michon's sob right after the gunshot. Even if I didn't particularly like Andrea, I thought the actress did a great job.

October is a long ways away.....

valalltogether
04-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Why in the world did Martinez and the other guy get back in the truck with the Gov? .

Lol..I know. Awkward. But what else would they do? It's like get in, or get shot..

http://24.media.tumblr.com/174ef658b046ff80afeee9841f041739/tumblr_mkpr5vryAR1s79gmgo1_400.gif

NemesisClaws
04-06-2013, 05:49 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Love this!

Lol..I know. Awkward. But what else would they do? It's like get in, or get shot..

http://24.media.tumblr.com/174ef658b046ff80afeee9841f041739/tumblr_mkpr5vryAR1s79gmgo1_400.gif

PinkLotus
04-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Carl was absolutely in the right. I love Herschel, but he was wrong. The kid didn't drop the gun as asked. He was slowly moving forward with it and giving the shifty eye. I know he was giving the impression that he was going to hand it over, and it's quite possible that he was...but hello!! They're in the middle of a war, and that kid was part of the group who just attacked the prison and blew up the guard towers (although I guess Carl didn't actually know that for sure, but it was pretty obvious that he was a Woodbury dude). That was not the time to take chances. If the kid had immediately dropped the gun and Carl still shot him, then I would have a different opinion.
I will not miss Andrea but her last scene made me feel sad, mostly because of Michonne.
I HATE that there wasn't an actual end to the Governor. I was excited about this storyline since I love the comics, but it dragged on for too long. Hopefully he meets his end early in the next season.
I love that Tyrese is in the prison with Rick and co. where he belongs. :)
For next season, I'm hoping for no more Lori visions, and also for the pre-kidnap/beating Glenn to return. I miss him and really dislike this new Glenn. I'm hopeful, since he and Maggie seemed to have patched things up!

pluckypear
11-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Hoping you walking dead fans are still around and watching this season.

I agreed with Hershel about Carl and especially after Rick just made the decision to cut Carol loose I thought but hey your son arguably killed a young man who was surrendering, in cold blood. How was that better then what Carol did? But I see not everyone agrees. :)

At first I deplored Carol but then as her character grew so did my love for her. I was very sad to see her go but I suspect she is not really gone. I understand why Rick made the choice. Tyreese is a loose cannon right now, almost getting the search party killed, and would surely kill Carol. And when the group finds out they will be split causing even more problems.

But Daryl will not take this sitting down. Has Rick thought about that? I think Daryl will freak and be pissed at Rick and then go looking for Carol. What do you think?

I can't see them staying much longer at the prison, those walls are coming down!!!!

I think that medic alcoholic guy is trouble as well and taking him back to the camp is just as dangerous as keeping Carol around would have been.

And sad to say I think Tyreese is going to cause major havoc at a time when the group needs to pull together and save who they can.

Can't wait until next week. :)