Medifast - Altering MF meals, good or not good?

brookelizabeth
02-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I have been reading a lot of recipes for MF meals with additions of baking powder etc.

I am wondering if I am better off just preparing the food as is? It seems that I might slow weight loss down with some of the additives.

Any advice?

Thanks

londonlove
02-24-2012, 04:25 PM
i wouldn't do it... not sure what it would do but if it's not in the ingredients.. i wouldn't add it in. hope this helps.

Riddy
02-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I doctor the food up a lot. I've been at it since April, and still have 50 pounds to go, so I decided from the beginning that I would do whatever I could to stick with the plan.

I add salsa to the chili, cocoa powder or instant coffee to shakes, vanilla to pancakes and brownies. I just had a pancake muffin - nuke the pancake mix in a mug sprayed with Pam, add vanilla, splenda, cinnamon & fake butter spray to the mix.

If you don't use any of the optional condiments, you will probably lose weight a little faster than if you did. But for me, I need to keep the food interesting so I stay on the plan.

Do whatever works for you, and good luck!

brookelizabeth
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks, I'll see how I manage. It's it funny how things you used to walk right by or not eat until they were old now are catching your eye in the kitchen? Bananas, why doesn't someone just eat them?

Riddy, you are almost to onederland!!