Atkins - Sure hope someone teaches this chick better!!!

Brooklynn
02-23-2012, 02:44 PM
So I was at the store today and ask about yogurt that was low carb and this lady (worked at the store) was like oh this one has 19g thats only 1 carb. I said no that 19 carbs. She was like NO ITS NOT! WTF??? I sure hope some one teaches her the right way because she didnt listen to me.

astrophe
02-23-2012, 02:49 PM
To me it sounds like maybe she meant 1 dairy exchange. Which one of those little 6-8 oz single serve cartons is. But then that's counting diabetic/dietetic exchanges.

Not grams of carbs.

Odd.

A.

kaplods
02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
I also believe she meant one dairy or possibly one carb exchange. Technically "carb" isn't a standardized unit, the word is used to mean different things by people following different plans. Which means you and she are both right, you're just using different definitions of "carb."

By one carb, you meant one gram of carbohydrate (or probably more accurately, one gram of net carbohydrate, having subracted thegrams of fiber and perhaps the sugar alcohols. Not all food plans do any subtracting.

By one carb, she meant one carb exchange (or perhaps one dairy exchange - depending on which exchange plan she is following).

Neither of you were wrong, you were just speaking different languages.

(which for some reason reminds me that the word "mist" in german means manure, which always makes me laugh when I see the word in a drink or perfume title).

Atkins loser STL
02-24-2012, 01:11 PM
That's bizarre. One carbohydrate exchange (if that's what she was thinking) is 15g.