Medifast - Day 3 medifast! lost 12 lbs!
02-22-2012, 07:38 PM
:carrot:Hello all! I am new! This is day 3 for me. I am finding that I am still so very hungry!:dizzy: I started walking the dog for 30-40 minutes a day just to get some activity in. I am a nursing student, so all I do is sit and study-- my clinicals do not start until next semester.
Any suggestions to stave off the hunger? I have the appetite control chocolate shake. I am drinking PLENTY of water-- have given up everything else.... Thanks! I look forward to chatting with you guys and getting and giving much needed encouragement!
--a future RN BSN!
02-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi! :wave: Congratulations!
Tips for hunger:
- Drink enough water. You're doing that. :bravo:
- Don't go past 3 hours without a meal. If you need to eat at 2 hours sometimes, that's OK.
- Remember the optional snack foods. Dill pickles can really help.
- Make sure you don't skimp on the Lean & Green. 5 ounces of chicken is a lot of chicken! Weigh and measure to be sure you're getting enough.
- Split the Lean & Green into 2 meals (for example, 2-1/2 ounces chicken plus 1/2 the usual amount of veggies per meal). That means you'll eat 7 times a day instead of 6.
- If you are still really struggling, have an extra shake. It's better to do that than to go off the plan foods.
02-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you!! 2 food meals sounds perfect!
02-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Hi Angmcdoo, and welcome!
I would suggest drinking even more water - it helps me some with hunger. I aim for at least 100 ounces a day, and usually go over. (And by water, I mean coffee, iced herb tea, crystal light type stuff, and seltzer - I'm not a huge fan of plain water, but I'm improving :D )
The dill pickles are good, too. Beware of the sodium if you go overboard, though.
Don't be afraid to have one of the optional snacks or an extra Medifast meal if you're really hungry.
The first few days are physically the hardest - it should get better soon! Hang in there and keep up the good work!
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO