Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/253/150

Height: 5'3"

Default newbie wanting to get healthy before getting pregnant

Hi!
My name is Hope. I am 23 and have been married to my prince charming for almost 2 years. Within these two years I went from 180 lbs to 265 lbs. Even just typing that makes me want to cry. My long-term goal is to be around 140-150. Last January my husband and I counted calories and lost 25 lbs each within a month and a half. I know I have the ability to lose weight, I just have very little self-control. My Main motivation right now is to get healthy so we can start trying for a baby. We haven't tried yet, because of my weight. I found this site through a bing search and decided to register.. I need all the encourage and support I can get. As of this morning, I weigh 253. I plan on losing the weight by exercising and cutting calories. Today is a new day, and I'm starting fresh. I love the Biggest Loser theme, " NO MORE EXCUSES." That is my motto also. Wish me luck!
LouisianaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Hi Hope, I am Sarah, 30 years old and also losing weight for my fertility. I have PCOS and have tried fertility treatments and have had 2 failed IVF´s. My Doctor says my only chance at making any viable eggs is to get off all my weight. Everyday is hard, but I know in the long run it will be worth it.

You can do this. Especially if you have your end goal in mind. When I want to binge on cake I just tell myself, it will not taste as good as a baby will feel.

You have came to the right place, and I know there are others in our same boat, so welcome and good luck girl!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HOPE ~ you have a good plan already. This is a wonderful place with lots of supportive people. Come back often and enjoy yourself ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #4  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to 3FC!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208.6/183.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm also trying to get healthy to get pregnant! My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since September 2010 and have done several fertility treatments. I'm hoping that losing some excess weight and getting healthier will help us be successful! Best of luck!
rlb1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I think it's wonderful you're here. A baby is the best reason to be healthy. Welcome!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #7  
Starting over....

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile Welcome!!!!!

I too am doing the same thing. Although I am quite a bit older I'm 37. I have been pregnant once before and had a 2nd trimester miscarriage...so i want to be as healthy as i can be this time...i can't go through that again. Best of luck to you and all the other ladies i saw comment on your post. Together we can all do this
kristynkayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I just want to tell you all that you can absolutely do this. I was anovulatory with full-out, uncontrolled PCOS at my highest weight. As you can see from the ticker, I'm now expecting a baby boy this May. I can't imagine the toll this would be taking on my body if I was still heavy (to be honest, it's hard on me even NOT being heavy, so if I was hauling an extra 100 lbs around, that'd be crazy).

You ALL can do it! Can't wait to hear more from all of you.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #9  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

Welcome!

I wish you all the best in your weight loss efforts, as well as your future plans for a baby (how exciting!).

I just wanted to add that weight alone is not necessarily a barrier to having children - many heavy women have perfectly normal pregnancies and births! (I was 35 years old and 50 pounds overweight with my first baby, and a little heavier and almost 41 by my third... textbook pregnancies and a home birth with a midwife for my last baby). So yes, losing weight will definitely help your health and will make carrying the weight of the baby easier, but it's not necessarily stopping you from getting pregnant.

Good luck! (And best of luck to all the other ladies here who are trying to conceive also!!)
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/253/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone!! All of your posts are very encouraging!
LouisianaHope is offline   Reply With Quote