Support Groups - Steel Magnolias #6

View Full Version : Steel Magnolias #6

Maggie
02-22-2012, 04:33 PM
:wave: GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :comp:It is currently 66ºs here in the ♥-Land and “feels like 70ºs with a low tonight of 35ºs. The sky is mostly sunny with a few clouds and it is lovely with the curtains pulled in the front room. Such a beautiful it is this day.

Both Will and Paul have bad colds and so I made a huge pot of :chicken: noodle soup for lunch this day with cubed chicken, broth, sliced celery, carrots & onions and Amish made noodles. Will is at the tail end of it and Paul has a much worse case of it and I sure hope I skate by and don’t catch it. :crossed: I do take vitamin C and have been eating Cuties every day for a couple of weeks now for my fruit selection. Let’s see if that helps me to dodge the colds in this house. So far I haven’t gotten one and Will’s started last Sunday so he is at the end of his. He has used up all my Cold-EEZE so went and bought me another bag and a bag for himself. :cp: I like to keep them in my desk drawer for “just in case.” I was glad I had them to give to him when he got to feeling poorly. After all, Cold-EEZE is the #1 pharmacist recommended zinc cold remedy. :cp: Cuts the cold duration & misery in half for us.

For dinner this day we will have tri tip sandwiches and “fried” baked potato slices. I will thin slice the baked potatoes and spray them with butter flavored and sprinkle them with lemon pepper and a tad bit of sea salt along with a smattering of bacon bits. Heat them up and brown them in my small oven at 400º. Paul can join us and if he wants; I can heat him up some soup also or instead of a sandwich. Whatever he feels like eating.

Cecil gets declawed on the front paws and neutered on the 14th of next month. They will keep him at the vets for a couple days. When we go to Texas at the end of that month we will leave the dogs and Cecil there to be taken care of. Will told them they can put Cecil in with the dogs if they want. If they don’t put him in with Ragg Mopp and Beanie he will be so lonesome for his dogs. :yes:

DONNA FAYE It is good that you are now all cleaned up and things put back to exact for you. Sorry your shoes didn't work out for you and you have to return them. I get SAS because they work so well with flat feet and have great support. WOW ~ getting that chunk of change back is great for you will have a good use for it by buying clothing for your upcoming adventure.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon. :wave:

Jean
02-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's a chilly 43 degrees outside! The snow is melting so that's the good part. Rain is predicted for tonight and snow tomorrow. :( This morning I typed payment vouchers; I was so proud of myself for being able to find my way around the computer, print, and have them look like they should! There were several phone calls and questions I knew the answers for!

"Gma" -- Why would living in TN have anything to do with the amount charged for your cruise? That's a nice surprise to get a credit back! :D I hope Fortune's tummy settles down again. Our parsonage kitchen is being updated and remodeled; the pastor said it has been a challenge for his wife to cook but with the microwave in the livingroom, an electric fry pan, and toaster they will survive! I just remember the never ending sheet rock dust! You will love the end result! I'm sorry the shoes didn't work for you. Bummer!

Maggie -- Your weather sounds like spring has sprung in KS! I hope the cold germs pass you by and the guys are on the mend now. :yes: I would really like to have Ernie declawed, but don't want him biting any more than he already does. I've read and heard of adult cats starting to bite when declawed. All of our other cats were kittens like Cecil. I know he will need extra tlc when he comes home!

I have bell choir this afternoon and need to dry a load of laundry before I go. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening! :wave:

gma22
02-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Good morning gals. Well, my dr appt is this morning, so guess I will find out what is what. I told Jack I would call him as soon as I got out of the dr office. One of the bad things is that his office is attached in a building that is part of the hospital. If you don't have an early appt, parking is a nightmare and then it is a horrendous walk to his office on the 6th floor. Ahh well, not much I can do about it. My appt is 11:15 so it will be nuts there.

I have to run a couple errands before my appt, sending back my shoes and stopping by the vets and getting more kidney meds for Fortune. I thought he was feeling better, but I let him out in the middle of the night and he didn't eat his treat and I put out his food, which he usually scarfs up and he came in smelled it and walked away. So, I hope we aren't having another intestinal issue. I do have meds I can give him if I notice loose stools, vomiting and the like. I just worry about him because he is 12 years old now.

Maggie: I found out that Footsmart is based here in Memphis, duh!!! I think they actually have a store across town I could have gone to, but since I bought online, I have to send them back online so have to pay to have them literally shipped down the street. The returns warehouse is about 1 1/2 mile right down the main road here. Hope Will and Paul are feeling better. Seems like cold germs have mutated so much they are much stronger than they used to be and colds hang on and on.

Jean: I keep focusing on the condo being lovely for our retirement years because it is pretty awful right now. I am just not going to go into debt to get this stuff fixed and replaced. It isn't worth having the extra bills later on. Did you get to keep any of your pineapples that you bought? I bet the ones straight from over there are terrific.

I guess I better get out of here and get me some breakfast and get cleaned up for the dr appt. I need to leave around 9:30 or so then I can get the errands done and be there early enought to trudge clear up where his office is. Have a grand Thurs. It is going to be so warm here today I am going to wear capris and sandals. Faye

Jean
02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's raining with a few snow flakes thrown in, and getting colder; it's a gloomy day for sure. The morning went by quickly with phone calls relating to meetings and Lenten services tonight, then people coming in to pick up tickets for the prime rib dinner this weekend. Since school was dismissed at noon all chuch activities are also cancelled for the rest of the day, and the office is closed. I have laundry waiting for the dryer and my never ending ironing pile to work on. The dust bunnies had babies overnight so need to vacuum too.

"Gma" -- I will be anxious to find out what your doctor has to say. I hope Fortune is feeling better by now. Poor dog! We did keep a pineapple but it's long gone now. There is definitely a difference between what we had shipped over and what is in our stores. Since Hawaii is in a drought the pineapple crop wasn't as good this year according to the local guy Bob ordered it from.

I need to get busy and accomplish something this afternoon. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening! :wave:

Maggie
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
:comp: GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave:

It is a windy day here in the ♥-Land. In fact there is a wind advisory in effect until 6 pm this day with the current temp at 46º and the low will be 24º this night. I can hear the wind blowing loudly while sitting here in my office :comp: typing. The street sweeper is out and is sure making a racket ~ what it stirs up goes away in the wind. Makes me sneeze. :stress:

Will is at his volunteer job at the museum and has a 6 month check up with his doc this afternoon. Now that he is almost over that bad cold he will see her. He never felt that bad to go to the doc with this though. He sees his doc every 6 months and I see mine once a year. He probably could just see her once a year but they are trying to regulate his BP meds right now so it is every 6 months during this time. Paul is still downstairs so I guess he isn’t going to work until the afternoon if he goes in. He is welcome to some more of that delicious :chicken: noodle soup I made yesterday. :stir: His case of this ~ whatever it is ~ is a lot worse than Will’s has been and he went to the doc and is on antibiotics. I still feel fine so I am hoping I escape getting it. My immune system is in as good a shape as I can get it and so far so good.

Last night I couldn’t find Cecil anywhere when it was time for me to go to bed. I knew he was in the house somewhere for he was in when Will closed the back door. He is usually sound asleep on my side of the bed and I have to move him to the foot so I can get in bed but he wasn’t there. I took a tool around all the rooms and couldn’t locate him but he showed up from somewhere inside this morning. Cats can get into the smallest places to take a snooze.

I am getting a thought of what I am going to make for dinner :hungry:. I am thinking of making breakfast for dinner. Little 2 point biscuits, scrambled eggs (beaters), hash browns and ham along with some fruit. Yes, I think I will do that for Will likes breakfast for dinner anytime I want to make it. I will do that for I have the points+ to handle it. So far this day I have had some cuties and jerky and spent only 2 points+ of my daily allotment. Life is good

DONNA FAYE I do hope your interview this day is to your satisfaction and you can proceed to getting your medical problem solved. That will be a load off of your mind I would think. Your poor little pooch. I feel so sorry for him. I know you give him the best care you can. I hope your plans for your condo come to fruition without a hitch. I am with you, fix what you can now because come retirement money is so much tighter.

JEAN Seems like a lot of crops took a hit this year. Our garden sure didn't do well here in the Heartland. It was just to hot :sunny: for the plants to survive :?: so this year we are erecting shade to help protect them. We are going to have to net the apple tree if we want any to preserve. We have bright hanging things on the lower branches to keep the birds out of the strawberry garden beneath the tree. Hopefully the dogs can keep the :bunny2: out of the yard. If we plant we want to harvest.:p Otherwise it is just money and time and work down the tubes. I want to see bounty from my garden.

I need to get some things finished I started before taking a break and :comp: here. :wave: Later my friends.

gma22
02-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Good morning my friends. It is quite chilly this morning after being 81 yesterday afternoon. I had the moon roof open, the windows down and the music on in the car yesterday after my dr appt. I needed it. The verdict is in and not good. Well, not good in the sense he has to do open surgery not laproscopic so it is a 3-4 days hospital stay and about 6-8 weeks recovery time he says. He says the thing is quite large and he is going to try to use the new mesh way of fixing the hernia so it is less likely to come back. I was hoping for a little less of a serious situation, but it is what it is and has to be taken care of. So, my surgery is scheduled for March 12. He stays pretty booked and I didn't want the appt the day before my gyn appt as I want to go in and talk with her about why we could not do the NovaSure procedure. I am hoping fixing the hernia might fix the abdomen cramps and such now and maybe I will be back to my ole self after it is all healed and such with having the other procedure done too. I sure hope so. One of the nice things is he came in, hadn't even glanced at my chart and started talking to me about what he did last time and such like I had just been in instead of 5 years ago. I told him I really liked him, but I was hoping to never see him again! :lol: He just chuckled. He is a great doctor and explains everything down to the littlest detail, which I appreciate.

I ordered myself a black and white little crocheted sweater for the cruise. It is open weave and a little short sleeve cropped sweater to wear with sleeveless long dresses I am buying for eating in the dining room at night. I am going to buy this black and white sort of swirled print with hearts on it, this wild bright green, black and orange/yellow tropical print and a solid color that has a rhinestone neckline to wear with my mohair wrap. With those three, my green sweater and white dress pants, my long dress and jacket, I only have 2 more outfits for nighttime dinner wear. One evening we are going to Portofinos, which is an Italian restaurant and go to their murder mystery dinner that they have on the ship. It costs less that the tickets to the one in Chattanooga and it is a fine dining restaurant so looking forward to that.

The neighbors got themselves a pitbull, UGH! What is it about black people and pitbulls? These people have little children are they nuts??? Just one more nuttiness in this complex.

Maggie: Cats can hide places you would never expect that's for sure. I used to hunt all over the place freaking out about butterscotch, knowing he had to be in the house somewhere but since I couldn't find him still worried where the heck he was. Hope your visitor is feeling better soon. The corn crop here this year went down in flames. Of course the cotton did well as it is so very hearty.

Jean: Sometimes I feel I should do year round lenten, giving up stuff that is bad for me. :lol: We Baptists don't celebrate Lent so maybe that is why I never give anything up. I always cracked up at people who gave up things they hated for Lent. Being a highly Catholic area, South Bend had a lot of people who celebrated Lent, especially at the law firm where I worked. I thought it was kind of stupid saying you would give up something you hated as the whole idea is sacrifice and what sacrifice is there if you hate whatever and wouldn't eat it, etc anyway? Hope your snow didn't amount to anything. It was so gorgeous here yesterday I just wanted it to continue, but we sure took a nosedive in temps today by about 30 degrees. My hands are freezing this morning.

Well gals, I have eaten breakfast, but need to do daily chores so should hop to it. Looks like my son and maybe Jackson will be coming down here for my surgery so will be nice to see them. Have a great weekend. I have grocery shopping to do this weekend for a week then next weekend is commissary and getting the darn plumber in here again and fixing the dripping bathroom tub faucet. Have a good one! Faye

Maggie
02-24-2012, 07:43 PM
:comp: GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave:

It is a nice spring day here in the Heartland for it is currently 50º and clear and sunny. I have been quite busy this day in the kitchen. I cleaned out the freezer today and the freezer that is attached to the side by side fridge and have everything organized again. We bought another upright freezer to hold the half beef and half hog we are planning on getting so I just transferred some of the items out of the existing upright to that new freezer to have some things in it and free up some space in the existing one so it can breathe better. :p We had enough room in the dining room to put it and so Will can use the donated one outside for storage of some of his tools for it has a nice lock on it. One of the main reasons we went and got a new one is that the one outside got unplugged and there is not a place for it closer to the plug-in so we didn’t want to chance it being full and being unplugged by “some animal” and lose the food. It was sad enough looking we didn’t want to put it in our dining room. It was interesting to get everything out and put back in for there wasn’t very much at all that was a “mystery” that had to be thrown out. In the fridge freezer I have small baskets on the shelves that hold like items. Like all the nuts and coconut in one, smoothie frozen fruit in one and then all the cut up veggies in another with the hard cheeses in the door pockets. I sure like having cut up veggies to put into egg beaters for a nice omelet or just a scramble; handy in the freezer all ready to use. That’s the kind of “stuff” I put in that narrow freezer space.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like you are in for an operation with a good doctor to take excellent care of you. Hopefully all goes well and that will take away your pain. You will be able to dance a jig when all is said and done. Your cruise clothing sounds wonderful. Isn't it fun to plan for and get things for that adventure.

Dinner is ready so I must say audios. :wave:

Jean
02-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Good Evening, Flowers! Well, here I am at last! I decided to give "my favorites" one last try for the night. It's anybody's guess why I couldn't get in here earlier. :hyper: The morning went fast today as I had things I could do at church. Actually the whole week has gone by quickly. One more week and I can enjoy retirement again. ;)

Maggie -- We had wind yesterday and today. :( It's a good thing the snow was so heavy and wet because we would have had mile high drifts otherwise. I'm glad Cecil is out and about again. We often have breakfast for lunch or supper. Bob is always game for anything. I need to clean out my freezers; I get lazy :o so things do get shoved around and hidden from view.

"Gma" -- I'm sorry about the need for surgery, :( but glad you like your doctor and feel comfortable with him. That's important. It doesn't seem possible it's been 5 years since your last surgery. :no: The Mexicans are big pit bull owners around here. Sioux City has outlawed them within the city limits after a certain date. It didn't get very warm today so our snow didn't melt much. I don't usually give up anything for Lent. My mom always gave up smoking (she didn't smoke) hoping my dad would quit.

I have a load of clothes in the dryer and they should be ready to pull out and hang to finish drying. See you all tomorrow! :wave:

Jean
02-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Good Morning, Flowers! Two times in a row I have been able to get in here! YEA!! :cheer: It was 5 degrees when I went downstairs this morning; the sun is shining and it's warmed up to 9! The sky is bright blue so it is a pretty morning. I saw my first robin yesterday -- dumb bird for coming back north so early. Bob thinks I'm seeing things but he was sitting on the bird bath shivering. :lol:

I have laundry going and need to do some more ironing. I will never catch up! When we were on a whale watch the guy sitting in front of us had on a good looking shirt. Bob commented he liked the design and I said, "yeah, and his wife ironed it!" As we were getting off the boat Bob leaned over to the lady and congratulated her on ironing his shirt; she looked surprised and Bob said I had noticed because I'm an ironer too.

My dryer should be done and I have the next loads ready to go. I need to pick up magazines and newspapers. Our prime rib dinner is tonight and our guests, the couple we travel with, are coming to the house. Enjoy your day and do something fun for yourself! :wave:

Maggie
02-25-2012, 03:47 PM
:comp:GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave:

It is currently 54ºs with a wind advisory here in the ♥-Land. Not anything out of the ordinary happening here this day. Well one thing for Will has gone into the museum for a couple hours to work on a project he is doing. However, that isn’t much out of the ordinary for he works down there as a volunteer on a regular basis. I came in here after lunch and found Cecil sound asleep in my chair so I picked him up and gently carried him into the bedroom and placed him on the bed and closed the door. The dogs will leave him alone now so he can have a nice nap. Cecil will let me know when he wants out. I don’t have much on my ticket to have to be done this day. I am glad to get both the fridge freezer and the upright freezer all cleaned out once again and a few things transferred into the new upright freezer. Will bought me some more WW frozen and put them in there. Also I had several free coupons so he got some frozen items with them. I may tackle cleaning out the fridge after awhile when I get off here. Looks like things in there could use some re-arranging anyway and shelves wiped off. I don’t believe I have any “mysteries” :^: in there for it gets gone through regularly. It will be good when the day arrives when we get the butchered :moo: and :ink: all wrapped and labeled in the new freezer. That day will come soon enough.

JEAN :congrat: for getting into the sight to post. I just hate that when it happens and I am sure you do also. Please keep your really low temps we are already planning our garden in preparation of Spring coming. Poor little Robin just came around too early for the worms are still in the ground. I got a good chuckle out of the ironing story about how Bob told the lady who ironed it. Sounded (the way you worded it) that he was taking credit for ironing his shirt.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon. :wave:

gma22
02-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Afternoon ladies. We have been on the go all day so I haven't had a chance to get in here. We are all done now so I am in comfy clothing just hanging out.

We went grocery shopping for the next week then will commissary shop next week. We also went to Lowes and bought two new toilets seats for Jack to replace, a vice grip wrench for Jack to try and tighten the new faucet it up a bit more as it moves just a bit, 4 boxes of 100 watt regular bulbs since they still have them and a big container to put my shoes in for the time being. My closet hanger for shoes broken and they all came tumbling out of the closet onto the floor of the guest room so there they have sat. I just bought a big rubber maid container for now until we buy the closet organizers for upstairs and they have shoe cubes in them.

My son is going to come down here the weekend before the surgery and probably have to leave the day after so we need to get some of our little chores done in case he needs a place to sleep. He was gonna ask his sister if he could stay at her house if she has room as she has a 4 bedroom house and we weren't sure what they were doing with the two extra rooms, though one I imagine is an office as it is really small. If she doesn't have a place to put him then he can come here and either stay in the guest room on the little double bed or sleep in our bed and Jack will just sleep with me in the double recliner. I sure hope this solves not being able to sleep in the bed as I am tired of sleeping downstairs. I had to sleep in the chair and ottoman when we were in Chattanooga, but actually it wasn't too bad.

Jean: So, are you giving up the church job or the hospital money part of the job too? I wonder why you couldn't get in here yesterday?? We will be seeing more birds soon too/ We have a woodpecker than comes around every year and knocks on our fence all the time. He is a pretty thing as are the cardinals and bluejays we see here. I have to applaud you for ironing. I rarely iron anything. If it doesn't come out of the dryer with no wrinkles, then I quit buying that type of shirt or whatever. I don't have a husband that wears a lot of dress shirts and such and his uniform comes pressed and cleaned and whatnot so unless they don't pick up his laundry, I don't mess with uniforms.

Maggie: Sounds like Will is feeling much better. Jack just came down and said he has the first toilet seat on, says it hurts his back though to bend over the toilet that way. He has to lay over the toilet to unbolt the thing as our toilets sit really close to the wall. I am thrilled to have new toilet seats! lololol I am sure you will love your new fridge. We looked at new washers while we were at Lowes today and they sure have some beauts. We are buying a new big one next year.

Well gals, I am going to go and help my hubby. Have a nice Saturday. Faye

Jean
02-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and the wind is blowing, so it's a cold 36 degrees outside. I went to early church and Bob had to sing for the 2nd service. I'm thinking about what to fix for lunch later -- nothing sounds good right now. :no:

Maggie -- It will be nice when your freezer is full of meat. I always chuckle when you mention shopping in your freezer. ;) I haven't seen the robin again but have been watching. We have another bird coming that is a stranger to us. He's bigger than a finch and has the reddish colored breast, but he's too roly-poly to be a young cardinal.

"Gma" -- I buy regular light bulbs whenever I find them. I don't like those swirly ones! It's like using a candle imo. :hyper: It's nice that Jay can come when you have surgery. I'm not giving up either job. The church secretary will be back from vacation in another week. I'm only going in in the mornings to do the mail, type payment vouchers for the treasurer, and assign any money coming in to proper channels. The bluejays are such pretty birds but they are scrappers. They chase the squirrels then the squirrels will come back and chase the bluejays. :lol:

I need to change clothes and head to the kitchen. Enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

Maggie
02-26-2012, 05:37 PM
:wave:GOOD AFTERNOON:comp:

Just got in from church and eating out and having a nice drive out in the country. We went to our favorite eating place and I had grilled shrimp on a bed of rice, green salad w/o dressing, and a baked sweet potato which I sprinkled cinnamon on.

It is a lovely sunshiny day but the wind is blowing. We stopped by to buy something at the “outdoor stuff” store and a man and his wife came and asked a lot of questions about our Jeep. They want one like it to use on their ranch to ride the range. They were interested in what year it is so they can look for one exactly like it with all that it has on it. We did add the side nerfs so I could have a step up though. We are also going to put a different grill guard on it to hold a wench.

I have decided to get Cecil a larger feeding bowl and not have it near his water for he always gets food in his water and never drinks out of that little dish. He gets his water where the dogs do. OH he is just using his butt hutt :barf: and I am leaving this area until the air cleans out. He is the slinkiest cat I have ever had. It is absolutely horrible. I have some Pure Citrus Orange air freshener which eliminates odors naturally which works marvelously. Believe me I keep a can handy right here on my little typing table. None of the animals like it and run from my office when I pick up the can. :eek:

JEAN It surely will be nice to have that freezer full of meat for the prices will be going up so high that it would be hard to fill it later than sooner. We will be looking to start filling it with meat when we get back from Texas in April. We wanted to go ahead and get the freezer while it was a good price for they will be going up also. It is nice to see the birds coming for we now know we will be getting Spring soon. One reason for going to Texas when we plan is to be there and back before we plant our garden this year. It will be nice when we can actually move down to that ranch and grow our own :moo:'s and :chicken:'s and have a some :ink::ink:'s also.

DONNA FAYE They should be getting more of those regular bulbs in your area for that curly bulb bill got rescinded. We never bought any of those curly kind in the first place and don't plan on doing so. :p How nice that your son will come down when you have your surgery. It is so nice to have family around at such times. You will love having a new washer when the time comes for you to purchase one. Jean and I have the same kind and they sure do the job nicely. I doubt if we will need new ones for several years to come.

:wave:I am going to sip my latte and think I have good sense. Have a lovely afternoon Magnolias ~ type at y'all later.

QuilterInVA
02-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Good morning, ladies! 44 degrees and heading for middle 50s today.

I came in here the last 3 days, wrote a post and it never posted it, it just keep sitting on the screen until I gave up.

I had a wonderful time at the quilt show, as always, and was a very good girl as far as purchases went. I bought 1 pattern for a jacket, renewed 2 magazine subscriptions (always very low priced at the show), and bought a new pair of sandals. Walk on Air sandals are hand made in North Carolina and the most comfortable shoe you will ever put on your foot. I've had one pair for 3 years and worn them almost daily in the summer and they still look and feel like new. They are a bit pricey at $139 but I'd rather have one good comfortable pair of shoes than 10 that are cute but hurt my feet. And I like that it gives Americans a job. I worked for 2 hours in the Alzheimer's Quilt Iniative display. It was very touching and made a lot of people cry. There are quilted pannels that have 50 names listed on each for a total of 10,000 names that were collected over 3 years of people who have the condition and then there were 9x12 priority quilts (so named because they fit in a Priority mail envelope) that gave information about the disease interspersed with the names. My fried found here father's name listed and we were all overcome. Quilters from all over the country make and donate the priority quilts to the organization. The best are auctioned and the rest are priced and sold. So far over $600,000 has been raised for research. The entire organization is run by volunteers (all quilters) and no one receives a penny in salary or for expenses. Even the postage and printing are donated. Ami Simms, a well known quilting teacher, started this when her mother was diagnosed with the disease. She makes sure that all donations are only used for pure research. No money can be used for overhead the researchers may have.

I have a dentist appointment this morning and then I'll go to the Y this afternoon and for a long walk.

Spring has definitely arrived - daffodils are blooming and my tulips are getting ready. I'm so glad the worst of the winter is over.

Have a great day!

gma22
02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Good morning to you girls. Going to be a beautiful day today. I have to go out this afternoon and get a refund on the dog food I bought for Fortune. He refuses to eat it so I am taking it back and we are back to me making him food. That's fine though I have cut back on the amount I am giving him so he doesn't gain weight.

Yesterday was a hard day. I am back to square one with the female stuff so after I talk to her on the 8th we will decide about just doing surgery. The when will be the question though with the hernia surgery having to be done first. I dread having to go through the pain and stuff during my cruise, but it isn't likely I can do both surgeries and recover completely before the end of Sept. I was pretty bummed yesterday and on top of that felt really bad so it was a rotten day.

Jean: Doesn't sound like you are back to retirement much IMO! :lol: Of course, maybe you are a gal who needs things to do to keep from being bored. Don't you just hate it when nothing sounds good to fix for a meal. I have that sometimes and panic a bit because I don't want to eat something that I shouldn't.

Maggie: I have found 2 washers I really like and want to increase the size of the one I have to 4.6 or 4.7. I have a 3.6 right now. We are looking at Maytag since that is what my dryer is. My washer works fine, but it is 10 years old and making a lot more noise so I figure we will replace it before it goes out.

Susan: Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I plan on taking my knitting to the hospital so I can get that sweater done. I have been tussling with Jack about work as he doesn't want me alone all day after the first day and wants to take time off, but I told him it wasn't necessary. I mean he gets off work at 3 so if he comes after he changes clothes it will only be 4 PM at the latest and then he can spend the afternoon and evening with me without wasting his vacation time. I am ok with it but don't know if I can convince him. :lol:

Well gals, I have lots to do today so have to get going. Have a good start to the week. Faye

Jean
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining and the never ending wind is blowing . . . "feels" like 12 degrees outside . . . :brr: ! The office was busy this morning with a bit of drama thrown in the mix. The associate pastor left the parsonage in a mess requiring all new carpeting because of her dog. The current pastor got a nasty letter from her saying she wasn't paying for the new carpet. The board previously decided to put the complaint, asking her to reimburse our church for new carpet, in her file at the district level which won't look very good on her next move. The other situation involved a guy whose ex told people in church, yesterday, that he had died. His daughter called and reamed the pastor who knew nothing. He left for Sioux City where the guy has been in a nursing home to see if he was dead or alive. :o The morning went fast! :lol: Another lady called and she is a pain in the you-know-where! She voluntarily moved to a nursing home right before Christmas, and was mad at the pastor because he didn't come see her on Christmas eve. He had 3 different church services, a service on Christmas Day, and his own family celebration. She has now moved to a small town and into an assisted living facility. She called and told him she was going to pull her membership from our church to the church there. I don't know if he said it to her, but in telling it to me he said, "go for it, girl!" :lol3: She is a person whose glass is always half empty and nothing is ever quite right in her world. I need to go pick up the gift shop money and stop at the grocery store for a couple things.

Maggie -- I had to laugh at Cecil stinking you out of your office! :lol: We were in a restaurant and I noticed they had "those" twirly light bulbs in their hanging lights. One was very, very birght white while the other was a dull yellow. :dunno: I've heard too many people complain they are so dim.

Susan -- It's taken my posts a long time to post lately too. :rolleyes: I buy good shoes also; I wonder if I can find your sandals on line? I'm glad you enjoyed the quilt show. I knew you would. ;) Send some spring my way please! We are scheduled for more snow starting tonight through Wednesday afternoon.

"Gma" -- I'm sure Fortune much prefers homemade food! You are a good dog mom! I do like to keep busy but also like time at home with no place I have to be. It would be nice if you could have both surgeries done at once. It wouldn't hurt to ask. :yes: You might as well feel one big hurt all at one time. I know the older one is the longer it takes to bounce back energywise. I wish I lived close enough to come and sit with you! :hug:

I do need to get going! Enjoy the rest of your day and evening. :wave:

Maggie
02-27-2012, 04:31 PM
:wave: GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :comp:

It is currently 48º here in the ♥-Land with a temp that feels like it is 42º.

Will is at the used furniture store to pick up a gun case to hold the museum guns he is working on and I am chomping on a cutie while I type. I am up a couple of pounds this weigh day but am not stressing over it. I realize that is how I lose ~ down and then up then down again and then my body gets a new “set point” and I start losing again. I need to figure out what it is I will be cooking for dinner. We just had KFC :chicken:. I had a rotisserie breast and potatoes/gravy for a total of 8 p+ for the meal.

I just have my usual chores to do this day and then I can do some glass work but after I read a bit in a an interesting looking small paperback book I just received from the Consumer Reports folks titled The Best of Health which consists of “280 questions you’ve always wanted to ask your doctor.” It should be an interesting read because it doesn’t just have the questions but also the answers to those questions. I just might learn something which will be helpful to my program.

SUSAN What a wonderful program that is going on with those sewing ladies to help out a great cause to be behind. I really appreciate the fact that all monies go directly to the cause and none is siphoned out by this person and that. I think we all have had a bit of trouble from time to time getting on this sight. There are so many posters here now that the binary codes have trouble keeping up. So winter is over in your part of the world. Lucky you.

DONNA FAYE Little guy just likes your cooking for him best so turns his nose up at “store bought food.” You are such a good “momie” for him. That can't be pleasant looking forward to not one but two operations. However, I am sure you have good doctors that will take great care of you and get you back to exact. I am sad to hear that you will be on that cruise and having that pain.

JEAN I always thought that if ones animal did damage then the owner was obliged to make it back to exact. Sounds like she needs an attitude adjustment. Takes all kinds doesn't it. There are the same type folks in the church as there are in the world for that is where they came from. Makes for an interesting life don't ya think. Those twirley bulbs are not only dim but they are filled with noxious materials that can hurt folks if they break. Not safe.

Too hip ~ gotta go. :wave: Type at y'all later.

gma22
02-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Good morning to you all. I am going to try and clean the downstairs today and upstairs tomorrow as the plumber will be here on Thursday, then this weekend is commissary shopping, next week clean house again including shampooing downstairs carpets, cleaning up guest room so Jay can stay here if he needs to and getting things ready for surgery. I also have a gyn appt on the 8th, then want to get my nails done and a real short haircut and color it again next week so it doesn't drive me nuts while in the hospital. Jay should be here on the 10th sometime then surgery the following Monday. Since it is abdominal no lifting, climbing stairs etc when I come home so I can do laundry, but not lift it up and carry it etc. I will just use my trusty computer chair for everything. :lol:

I am down 3 lbs this week, which is great. I hope I can just start rolling along again even though I have the pain and back to the spotting and stuff. I have to get weight off period.

We went to Genghis Grill last night for the first time and loved it. Have any of you tried it??? It is so much fun. They give you a little silver bowl and you go through a buffet type line of raw meats, tons of veggies, about 10 different powdered spices to sprinkle on your food and last you make yourself a cup of "sauce" and they have tons of different kinds. We picked honey soy last night and it was delicious. You take it to the people who cook it and pick white or brown rice, asian noodles or pasta and they cook it and then bring it in another bowl to the table. It was so delicious and you can put things like scallops, crab, salmon, besides pork or chicken, or ham or sausage and they have all kinds of veggies you can put in. I just loved it. For one thing, it is a great way for Jack to get some seafood in his diet as he likes all the seafood meats they had.

Jean: Wow, lots of drama at the church, huh? Pretty rotten of the pastor to leave the parsonage in such bad shape. You would think she would know better and want to fix the mess, but it takes all kinds. What was the purpose of the ex saying he was dead? Just spite??? We used to have people that thought the pastor should be at their beck and call. Like you, I think if I were the pastor instead of saying what I really felt, turn it on her like you misunderstood and say something like, "we will miss you as a member, but we understand you wanting to be in a parish closer to your home so we will make sure to send the membership to the other church." Bet she would shut up and back down in a hurry if pinned to the wall nicely. I despise those long lasting light bulbs. What good do they do if you can't see for heaven's sake? They say they last 5 years, which is a ton of bologna. We have found they don't last a whole lot longer than filament bulbs and wayyyyy more espensive.

Maggie: I figure Fortune is so old, I am not going to fight him to eat something that doesn't smell good to him so I am going back to making his food and just giving him smaller portions as I think he was just being fed too much. That Cecil is a hoot for sure and you know, when Fortune eats canned dog food he has the most disgusting gas but when I make his food he never does.

Susan: I only found one pair of those shoes anywhere online and they were at Hammacher Schlemmers. They were a sandal and looked pretty comfortable.

Well, wasted enough time. I have got to really get hoppin now to get my work done. Have a grand day gals. Faye

Maggie
02-28-2012, 03:27 PM
:wave: GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :comp:

It is a windy 57º day here in the ♥-Land as I type at half past noon o’clock. They have moved the chance of it snowing over to Wednesday. We shall see if it even comes then. We sure could use the moisture. Maybe this wind today will bring in some :rain: clouds.

I don’t have any plans this day except doing some glass work. My little village looks so cute all lit up on the shelves. They make a great TV light since they are up on the wall high behind the TV.

Beanie is back from the vet now from getting his follow up puppy shots. Next month, on the 14th to go to the vet will be Cecil, which will cost a bundle, because he is to be neutered and have his front paws de-clawed on the same visit. But as we believe, if a person has pets they need to take care of them and give them what they need like you would a child. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think they are my children but we do have the responsibility just the same to give them what they need. I am glad that Cecil doesn’t have to be bathed and clipped like Beanie and Ragg Mopp for three would really be expensive to be groomed. Cecil grooms himself like a cat is supposed to. We have seen some cats in the wild that don’t look like they groom themselves at all. Poor ratty looking wild things. I guess when you live in the wild like that it would be dangerous to let your guard down to take a bath.

Will is at the museum this afternoon so I will have dinner ready for him when he returns. I don’t yet know what that dinner will be but I will go shopping in the freezers and come up with something I am confident. Later on Thursday of this week I am going to make a yummy meat loaf ~ that is the plan anyway. I am going to take a :chicken: out of the freezer this afternoon and let it start thawing in the fridge so I can rotisserie it tomorrow afternoon. Which reminds me, we do have some smoked meat, in the freezer, that we can have for dinner this day. I have my plan for the week that will give us some great left-over’s for Panini sandwiches using point+ friendly bread. l love it when a plan comes together. For Friday :stir: ~ well I’ll figure out what to serve on that day later.

DONNA FAYE :congrat: for the pounds down. You do lose in chunks :encore: and if you stick by it come vacation time you will be down a lot. I am rooting for you here in the corner of the world. I have never heard of that grill. However, it sounds like a great place to eat. I love having choices. We feed Cecil dry kitten chow we get at the feed store and are hoping that when he eats grown up cat food he won't make such a stink. Since I put his water down on the floor he eats a few bits of food then looks down at the water but he still drinks his water out of the dogs dish. I think today I'll just pick up his water bowl and not give him water in here at all. He never gets shut up in here so he can get water out in the kitchen well enough. Probably when I quit filling his water bowl he will make a fuss. We will see.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon. :wave: Type at y'all later.

Jean
02-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Good Afternoon, Flowers! It is pouring rain and has been most of the day. It is 31 degrees and windy -- not a nice day to be outside. :no: It was pretty boring in the church office this morning. The pastor takes Tuesdays "off" but he did stop in. After his drive to Sioux City yesterday, the hospital wouldn't tell him if the guy was a patient there! I looked in the SC paper this morning and didn't see his obituary so assume he is alive someplace. :rolleyes: I have been cold all day and have my little heater revved up right beside me.

"Gma" -- :congrat: on losing another 3#s! You have the scale going in the right direction! I've never heard of Genghis Grill but Sioux City has something similar called Hu Hot (I think that's how it is spelled). I love to watch them cook the food. I just know you have got to have the cleanest house in TN!

Maggie -- If you sent this crappy weather, take it back! I don't even care if it's cold if the sun would just shine. So far it isn't freezing but we are in a watch until tomorrow night so I expect we will get "something" more. Your stories about Cecil make me :) ! I put a big bowl of dry food in the basement when we were gone and now try to convince Ernie that we are taking his bedtime treats downstairs w/o taking the upstairs bowl. He sits and looks at the bowl and then at me like he's wondering what he will eat downstairs. :lol: He still likes his water out of the faucet. Talk about being spoiled!

I need to get busy and do something productive, unload the dishwasher if nothing else! Enjoy the rest of your day and evening. :wave:

gma22
02-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Good morning gals. We have a wind and storm advisory today. Maybe because it is currently 70 degrees at 6 AM! I am not going to complain, that's for sure.

Boy yesterday was a really rough day. I had to get the downstairs cleaned and had a real bad bout of cramping and bleeding, which is reverting back to months ago because it had at least lessend off bleeding wise. I don't know what is going and the drs don't know what is going on so I imagine it is going to have to come out or nothing will get better whether there is anything wrong with it or not. We shall see when I go to the dr next week.

I am cleaning upstairs today and Jack said he would vacuum upstairs for me tonight. The plumber comes tomorrow to fix the dripping hot water faucet in the tub. I just hope he can fix it as last time they were here to fix it, he couldn't get a part removed to replace it so :crossed: . I told the lady at the plumber's they have been here around 4 times to fix the same problem and sooner or later they will tell me it has to be all ripped out and replaced totally from the pipes forward, which is an expensive job. He quoted me $350 to do the same thing for the other bathroom and that is if we rip out all the tile and stuff ourselves to expose the pipes so all they have to do is replace fittings and such. So we shall see. The stuff is 35 years old and they cut corners with these condos anyway so it is cheap stuff.

Maggie: Hope Cecil's surgery goes ok. We had the same thing done to B and he came out of it fine. They give you this paper stuff to put in his litter box to use for awhile until it heals so he won't get litter in his incision. The stuff is expensive though. Last time I was in the vets to get meds for Fortune a lady brough in her shih tzu and had let the hair get all matted in his paws and pads and didn't want to let Wess cut it all out and stuff. He was trying to patiently explain to her what it would do left to grow like that but I am not sure he was making any headway with her.

Jean: Wonder why the hospital wouldn't let the pastor have the info. Maybe he should call the hospital and ask for his room like you would to talk to someone and then if they said no one by that name is registered here he would know. You can get around people. I understand privacy and all, but it isn't likely a minister is there to do someone harm. Fortune is one stubborn little dude. If he doesn't like something, he will starve himself to death before he would eat it. He is on a kick right now that he doesn't want to eat the little dog treats we buy in a box. They are a bit more boring than some of the other ones like the bacon ones, sausage circles and chicken meatball ones so he figures if he doesn't sit when we pull the box out and refuses to sit, we will pick one of the other ones. Well, he is finding out, he either sits and gets whatever treat we happen to pull out or nada. He is hilarious though. He knows the difference between treats out of the box and the ones in the bag. If we take a bag out of the closet he immediately plants his little butt in a sit, if it is the box he just stands there and stares at us like, "What's with the crappy treats?" :lol: They can be hilarious for sure.

Well girls, I am going to read a bit, then fix myself some breakfast then go upstairs and do some cleaning. Have a nice middle of the week and don't freeze to death up north! Faye

Maggie
02-29-2012, 02:04 PM
:comp:GOOD LATE MORNING MAGNOLIAS :wave:

AH ~ it is the last day of February and tomorrow starts a brand new month. This year is going fast. The Kansas wind makes my eyes itchy so I wash them out with artificial tears and that helps somewhat. I do try to keep from rubbing them.

When the mail man comes this day he will be bringing my order of jerky. We decided not to make the trip to pick it up so the butcher overnights it along with a round of cheese that Will loves. This afternoon I will weigh it out and place one ounce of it into plastic baggies. Sometimes there are three pieces and sometimes there is only two in a baggie, depending on the weight. One ounce of this jerky is only 2 points+. I like to eat it with some cuties. Makes a nice 2 point+ meal for me in the mornings or for lunch. When I weigh it out and bag it and get it into the freezer then it lasts a long time for I only eat one little bag of it on a day and not every day. But it is my favorite breakfast with some cuties.:cp:

Some early workers were doing something in the alley and it got the neighborhood dogs riled up. :eek: Most of the dogs around here are large ones that live outside but a few are small inside type like ours. Well when the outside dogs set to barking it gets ours to going. Sure makes it hard to “sleep in.”

In a bit I am going to take that chicken out of the refrigerator and place it in a large bowl of water to continue to thaw. When it is nice and thawed I will pull back the skin on the breast and rub some spices on it and then replace the skin. I’ll put it back in the fridge till time to rotisserie it. I think on this bird I will use a lemon pepper rub. I’ll serve the chicken with whole berry cranberry sauce, stuffing, green beans and a tossed salad. Anyone want to come for dinner ~ it will be points+ friendly. Tomorrow is meat loaf day and you are welcome then also. I’ll be serving a cottage cheese and pineapple salad and small boiled potatoes along with the every present tossed salad. I like my salad without any dressing on it but I do have some dressing I can serve to guests.

Donna Faye I sure hope that once and for all you can get that problem solved with your doctors. Are you on hormone replacement therapy? I have heard that sometimes that causes what you are experiencing. It was called a “false” period. I am not a doctor so I don’t really know if that is a truism. Just something I heard am wondering if that is what you are going through. Whatever it is must make you want to scream. :hug: The treats for our animals that I have here in my office ~I remove them from the original bags and keep them in screw top plastic containers and they don’t know what is in which, so they get what I give them. I have a container of soft kind and one of the hard kind. The kitty treats are in a smaller screw top plastic container. The dogs favorite are the little bones wrapped with chicken bacon. They understand my hand motions when that is all they get after I have given them one for I show my hands palm down the palm up and then down again in a quick motion and they understand there is no more. I think they have me trained.

JEAN When Ernie drinks out of the faucet do you have to turn it on for him or do you have one of the "bump" kind? I would love to have one of the bump kind for they are so trick. We are going to leave Cecil at the vet when we leave the dogs in March when we go to Texas. He will be with other animals and not get so lonely for we will be gone a few days. He would miss his dogs so much if we left him here in the house alone. I hope they put him in the crate with the dogs but I bet they keep the cats separate from the dogs there. It will be what it is.

Have a lovely afternoon Magnolias. :wave: Type at y'all later.

Jean
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Good Afternoon, Flowers! It is snowing and blowing in my corner of the world this afternoon. I drove to the church in rain this morning. School was dismissed at 1:00 so all church activities are also cancelled. I still haven't gotten the call on bell choir as we use a calling tree. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's cancelled also since I drove through drifts to get home at noon.

"Gma" -- 70 degrees?!?!?!? :eek: NOT FAIR! :lol: The weather here today makes me wonder if we'll ever see spring! I hope you are feeling lots better today! It turned out the church guy did die and the pastor was told the wrong hospital! The patient has to put the pastor's name on the list or the info desk won't give out the room #s. This guy wouldn't know the new pastor; he didn't know the previous one either because of his head injury. The funeral will be an experience according to the pastor this morning. There are 2 ex-wives; the latest one won't be there because she found out he was meeting other women when he was supposedly visiting bike/camping places around the state. She divorced him after his accident when he ran his bike into a tree. He has a disabled daughter from his 1st marriage and 2 adopted daughters who never got along with wife #2. The funeral ladies are to prepare a lunch for 150 people; I'm going to be really surprised if many show up because the locals sided with wife #2. Ernie knows his treats foil bag and the word "treat!" I can't leave the bag out of the cupboard or he will help himself!

Maggie -- Hard to believe tomorrow is March 1st already! I wish Cuties would come in open stock like apples 'n oranges do. Your chicken dish sounds good. :T You are so lucky you don't live close to me or I would be taking you up on your dinner invitations! I'd even supply the groceries! ;) We have to turn the faucet on for Ernie; he hops up and sits on the edge of the sink waiting for help. Each morning I put fresh cold water in his bowl -- he likes it cold. I'm not sure who spoiled him! I hope Cecil gets to room with his dogs while you are gone! He will be much happier I'm sure.

I need to change clothes and unload the dishwasher for a start. I'd much rather sit and read! Enjoy the rest of your day. :wave:

Maggie
02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
:wave:GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :comp:

I am back here in my office just taking a bit of a break from putting stuff up that Will brought back from shopping and weighing out and bagging the jerky that arrived today. I have the two pounds weighed into 1 ounce servings and have put it in little baggies and into the freezer. Makes is much easier on my program to get it all bagged up in portion sizes for when I want some I know exactly what I am getting. Also Will can take what he wants when ever he wants some. He is so good to order it for me when I am running low. :p A person has to find what works for them and having jerky in the freezer handy works for me.:cool:

JEAN What service to turn the faucet on for your cat. :lol: You can keep your lousy weather for ours is enough. However, we don't have nearly as much snow this year as we did last. We do need rain so we will welcome it when it comes. I would love to cook for you if we lived closer for sure. Will bought a nice tri tip, pork ribs and a gorgeous beef roast that I put in the freezer. It will be so much better when we get to buy that half of a butchered cow.

Hope all is well with y'all. :wave:

gma22
03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Morning gals. It is going to be anher beautiful day today, sunny and supposedly warm. I am waiting for the plumber to show up to fix the bathroom faucet. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg, but last time the labor showed $85 an hour! I guess we shall see. I told them to come to the front door, but knowing them, they'll show up at the back door and drag in all kinds of gunk across the carpet. They did last time. At least it isn't raining today. Fortune is up in my room barking to get out as they just called and said they are on their way. I don't want him underfoot nor do I want to be chasing him down the street if they don't get the doors closed tight and he gets out so he will just have to suffer for a bit.

My gyn called yesterday and said when she did the d and c she took another biopsy and it came back with some tissue growth that needs to be taken care of. She stressed it was NOT cancerous, but the drug she is putting me on to clear it out is for cancer patients. I have to call her back this AM and get her to call me back so I can ask what exactly the name of the problem is so I can tell the kids. With Alicia being a pharmacist and Kelly researching stuff, they are concerned about it and so I want to clarify it and make sure things are a-ok. I think Kelly's main concern is why she isn't just doing a hysterectomy if there is any question about the tissue so I plan on talking with her about that when I go to my appt next Wed. I also have to call my surgeon and clear taking this med before surgery as I want to make sure it will be safe to do since this can cause heavy bleeding for awhile I guess. It is kind of a merry go round right now.

Maggie: No, I have never been on HRT, but one concern with this drug she wants me on is that it is a stronger version of progesterone and can cause blood clots and with my size that is a big concern of course. Hopefully, I won't have to stay on it long. Did any of the tornados get near to you yesterday?

Jean: Wow that guy got around, didn't he? Men can be real idiots sometimes. They actually think they can juggle all these women and they won't ever find out, but they always do. That's how they end up with a bullet in their heads somewhere, some woman finding out and shooting them. My advice is if you can't stay faithful to a woman than don't bother marrying her. My husband's boss is on his 3rd wife and he is only in his early 40's! People are always so amazed when we tell them we have been married 39 years like it was some horrendous thing. Just goes to show you I guess. We are supposed to have several days of nice warm weather and would send you some if I could.

Well gals, I need to get off here and call all these doctors. You all have a great day today. Faye

QuilterInVA
03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Good morning, ladies! 70 degrees and climbing this sunny day.

I have First Thursday Bee tonight and we're going to eat at Wendy's before hand. Tomorrow is English Paper Piecing, postponed from last week because we were all at the quilt show.

Faye, I think I'd insist on a hysterectomy at this point. It sounds like she is just prolonging your suffering with this.

Jean, the sandals I got at the quilt show are not sold on line. They have to be fitted properly to your feet. That funeral may have 500 people just to see the show. What a mess! I bought myself a Kindle Fire just so I could read even more. Now I'll never be without a book.

Maggie, when you adopt a cat here from the Humane society or Cat Corner, you have to pay $125 which includes neutering, declawing, shots, a carrier, and the first vet visit. Pretty good deal.

Well, I need to get back to work. Have a great day!

Maggie
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
:wave: GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :comp:

Say HOWDY to a new month. I absolutely adore fresh beginnings. It is currently 55º’s on this bright and sunshiny day here in the ♥-Land and “they” say it will get up to 63ºs before the day has ended then get down to 30ºs during the night. Looks like spring may be getting here.

My chicken didn’t thaw much, being in the fridge, to cook yesterday so I will be cooking it in my rotisserie for dinner this day for it has thawed by now. I will have to remember with this fridge if I want something thawed I had better plan to have it the next day for it doesn’t thaw much the first day. Will is working at the museum so it will be a good meal when he gets home. I am currently munching on some jerky and cuties for my first meal of the day. The cuties we have been getting of late are so juicy and yummy. I have only gotten that one batch that was just “too old.” It was funny when Will was getting ready to go I told him to not forget to pick up the whole berry cranberry sauce and he smiled and said, “It looks like you haven’t been out to the kitchen yet.” He had done some early morning shopping while I was still sleeping. I usually like to drain a small can of mandarin oranges and add that to the whole cranberry sauce but this time I think I’ll put in some freshly pealed cuties and see how that works out.:p

The animals are all snoozing and it is very quiet in here. It is a good time for me to get some of my exercising done with them all out of the way. Beanie is asleep on the back of the couch, Ragg Mopp is asleep in the hall just outside my door and Cecil is snoozing on the back step outside. It is so quiet I can almost hear myself think.

DONNA FAYE I sure hope the plumber can fix that leak without having to go the whole rig-a-ma-role and tearing out the wall behind it to get to the other pipes. I could just see money sprouting wings and flying away. Got my :crossed: for you. Nope, no tornadoes in this area thankfully. I feel so sorry for those folks who got hammered by that one. I am with Susan and think you should just opt for the hysterectomy which would solve what she found plus rid you of those awful cramps.

SUSAN That is such a deal to get a cat all fixed up where you live. Guess they have to keep the cost down there or there might not be anyone to adopt the little furry things if they are too spendy. They might even have something going like that here at the shelter but since we got Cecil from a private party we have to pay the piper. We kept checking with the shelter and they never got any Manx in for adoption. You would love Cecil for he is such a character. Smart little skudder. He is definitely not a lap cat ~ mister independence. We found him on the local classified net adds. When we got him we took him to the vet and got him all checked out and scheduled for his shots and operations. He goes in on the 14th of this month for nutering and de-clawing of his front 6 toes. He has big feet.:p

Hope all of you are having a wonderful Thursday. Let us all have a great new beginning of our old program and put new life into it. :wave: Type at y'all later.

Jean
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Good Afternoon, Flowers! Another gloomy day in my neighborhood but at least it's not raining nor snowing -- the streets are sloppy squishy piles of snow; of course, the plows won't come out so the piles 'n ruts will freeze over night. :( It was busy in the office this morning; the funeral drama will be over tomorrow. The pastor said he's going to stand back and let 'em fight it out however they wish to do so after he's done with the service. He's been getting phone calls as to who will be attending, as if he would know. :hyper: I've been to get my nails done and stopped for a few groceries on my way home. I'll be glad to get back to my retirement status at noon tomorrow! :cheer: I was supposed to have a dentist appointment this afternoon but for a couple days I've had a sore throat and croaky voice along with a tickle cough, so figured she wouldn't appreciate my germs.

"Gma" -- It seems like it took a long time for your gyn to let you know about the lab results. I hope the meds will work if that's the treatment you choose to do. :hug: Did the plumber manage to get your faucet fixed this time? He should have done the job for free :yes: since he didn't get it right the first time.

Susan -- I know you will enjoy your 1st Thursday Bee tonight! Wendy's sounds good too. :T We paid $70 for Ernie and that was for his shots and neutering only. I've thought about having him declawed but hate to take the chance of him biting even more. He does leave the furniture alone as long as I keep his scratching box sprinkled with catnip. :)

Maggie -- I would be glad to share my 30 degree temperature with you! ;) I had to :lol: at you being able to hear yourself think because your fur children were all napping. I ran into my WW leader in the grocery store and told her I would be back next week. I do like the noon meeting but sometimes it gets in the way of something else I'm doing. She changed the night meeting to our church night and it's when I have bell practice so I can't go then either.

I need to put groceries away and think about supper. I have everything to make chili so think that's what it will be. Enjoy your evening! :wave:

Maggie
03-02-2012, 03:19 PM
:wave: GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :comp:

It is currently 48º’s and partly cloudy sunny day here in the ♥-Land. Glory be the wind isn’t blowing. The animals are all outside enjoying the day. I have been planning on what kind of meat loaf I will be making this day and have decided on one that is called Barbecue Meat Loaf. I have recipes for several different kinds and never make the same one in a row. I am currently chomping on some cuties and jerky for my first meal of the day. Will laughed and asked me when I was going to get tired of those two and I said, “Never.” I don’t think I will get tired of eating jerky with cuties which doesn’t mean I won’t eat other things for my first meal of the day. :nono: Will has gone to the store to get me some hot Italian sausage for the meatloaf and look for a straw holder. I can order one out of one of my catalogues but if we can get one locally that is preferable. The holder I had broke some time ago and we never replaced it. It was a green one out of hand blown glass and lasted for years and years and then one day it found itself on the floor in pieces much to my dismay. Glass and straws strewn upon the kitchen floor. It is such a beautiful day without the wind blowing.

JEAN So what part of your volunteer work are you giving up to call it retirement? :o You may even find in your retirement you will learn to like to cook and I could share some wonderful recipes with you. All of our snow is gone and didn't stay around to get sloppy. Wonder if we will get anymore before Spring arrives.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend which is upon us in a day. :wave: Type at y’all later.

This is later :lol: and I just wanted to say that no where in this town could Will find a straw holder so I ordered one from one of my favorite catalogs The Artisan Table from the folks at Cooking Enthusiast. I just couldn't order that one item so also got a set of soup spoons and ladle that are hand forged stainless steel to match my set of stainless serving & eating ware items that I have. Years back I got a set of stainless called Twist & Shout that have twisted blackened handles with different loops on the ends on each piece. Anyway they are out of stock for that now and I was really jazzed when this catalog started putting in serving pieces that go with it wonderfully. I have gotten cob nobs, spreader knives, little & large serving spoons & forks, ice tea spoons and some other items through the years that match. With this last order of soup spoons & ladle from them I told the gal to be on the look out for more items to put in the catalog that match since I have gotten each item they offered now.

Jean
03-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Good Evening, Flowers! I've had a nap in front of the tv but think I will be heading off to bed soon. :yawn: It was a long day today! The funeral went off without a hitch as far as the pastor knew right afterwards. Ex-wife #2 and her family didn't stay for the lunch so that helped. Judging from the number of cars when I left at noon I don't think there were very many at the lunch planned for 150. I don't know what the funeral ladies fixed but it sure smelled good. :T I got a perm right after lunch so that was another 3 hours. Bob offered to cook supper (at the local Chinese restaurant) so I didn't have to cook tonight. I'm now officially back on retirement status. :cheer:

Maggie -- I'm giving up the substitute secretary job! (until next year maybe) ;) I'm glad she wasn't gone for a month!! The pastor even put "Lynn is back!" in the Sunday bulletin calendar notes. One of our members who is a bit younger than we are, is in AZ for the winter, and ended up having emergency surgery for a twisted colon. They had to remove the whole colon; his wife left a message on the office answering machine during the night. I guess it goes to show money can't buy everything; they have a million+ $$ from just selling farm land to the airport.

I'm off to take my Nyquil and head for bed. Hope you all have a nice weekend! :wave:

Jean
03-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Good Morning, Flowers! I am feeling extra lazy this morning but have made a "to do" list and a pot of chili so far. I came upstairs to get dressed and take dirty laundry downstairs. The sun is playing hide 'n seek while the wind continues to blow. The temperature says 22, but it feels like 5 degrees outside. Where, oh where, is spring?

I do need to get laundry going and start on my list. Have a super duper Saturday and enjoy! :wave:

Maggie
03-03-2012, 01:31 PM
HOWDY MAGNOLIAS
:wave:

This thread is now closed, please go to #7 to post.