Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Default I can't get back on the wagon.

I am going on week 3 now of being "off the wagon" the last week and a half my eating was awful. I managed to only gain back about 3 pounds, but now I am having the hardest time finding the motivation and energy to get back on track. This week my eating has been a little better, but I am still so unmotivated, beyond the fact that I want to look good. This has been awful. I don't want to ruin my progress, and I don't want to give up. Have any of you guys ever dealt with this? How did you fix it?
SWhite0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #2  
Film Fan

S/C/G: Top wt: 207; Now: under 150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, SWhite!

Sorry to hear about your struggles. I think that most of us have been there MULTIPLE times....there's no trick or sure-fire method to bring back motivation, because it can fluctuate in mysterious ways. In fact, I've never felt as if I have real control over my motivation. However, as I've seen many people on this board point out, we CAN control our commitment. When your motivation is lagging, try to stay committed to some healthy behaviors, no matter how small. That can tide you over until your 'hard-core' motivation returns - and maybe even help bring it back! . Good luck!
mackinac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #3  
Film Fan

S/C/G: Top wt: 207; Now: under 150

Sorry for the double post! Not sure how that happened!
mackinac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #4  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

I am in a similar place. Lets commit to starting it back up again TODAY!! I went grocery shopping so that I could restart but I wasn't working with much. We can do this
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

I think one sincere push and there you'll be, ONEDERLAND!!!!
Take a look in your closet It's only February! You can be in ONEDERLAND during the Summertime. New YOU, new wardrobe, a real change which is what you're all about.
I am so sad that in the past I was 22 1/2 lbs. from Onederland and my weight shot up to 300.5 lbs.! Today is day 4, week 1. I'm impossible lol, nothing is going to stop me. I'd be so happy to be where you are! A mere 30 lbs. to be breaking out of Twoterville! Don't let emotional eating or junky eating take hold of you. That's so not fair! Go forward one foot in front of the other and let nothing stop you!
If it's the food that's boring change it up, switch Plans but get your weight down and feel rejuvenated and motivated to being that new YOU!
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5'3 & 1/2

You CAN get back on track ..I was off track for two months straight and ate horrible and gained back like 15-18lbs & im back on track and have been for almost a month..so don't let this lil fall stop you from your goals..rather you get back on track today..tomorrow or next week, DONT give up, never give up..and don't be like me and gain back 15-18lbs lol you'll regret it.
PrincessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

I recently fell of the wagon so to speak. I have found that the hardest thing for me is the first day back. If I make it through the first day all the rest are so much easier but I always seem to say one more day. I read a quote somewhere recently that really helped me over the first day hump.

A year from now you are gonna be really glad you started today.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I would suggest just writing down a simple, do-able plan for tomorrow and following it. I like to eat every two hours to make sure I don't get too hungry, so I plan out my meals and snacks down to the amount I plan to eat, and I pack my next day's meals/snacks the night before.

It may just jump start you back into the mindset.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

to me, it starts with one good choice. and that leads to another and another. slowly ease your way back into it.

not sure where you live, but over here it's a gorgeous 55 degrees and sunny! enough to make anyone want to get off the couch and get out there. good luck!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

and just as a side note .. i've been destroying all the leftover chocolate from valentines day in here. somehow though, i'm still managing to stay within a decent calorie range. and i'm still truckin' on, going to the gym. doesn't have to be perfect, just keep trying.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote