Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #1  
C-Raye

S/C/G: 225/225/130

Height: 5'6

Default Starting out

So I'm 17 and I weigh 225. My goal weight is 130. Today I had small light meals and worked out for an hour in the morning then an hour in the evening. Working out made me feel better than i thought it would. I feel I did good today but can anyone give me tips on sticking with it? I want to alternate toning workouts 3 days a week and weight loss workouts 3 days. But I know myself and I don't want to end up slacking off in a few days. I would love tips on how to motivate myself so I keep up my workout plan and healthy eating. Also some tips on how to keep from snacking between meals would be greatly appreciated.
Please and thank you =]

C-Raye
Candice Raye U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Going slow is key. If you change everything at once, you will burn out. These habits didn't form over night and they won't change over night. I personally calorie count as it helps me know if I have any room for that late night snack or whatnot and its working great for me. I also found that I hate the gym so I do other things for exercise. I do a kickboxing class, currently doing the Couch 2 5 K program, and once in a while I add Jillian Michaels 30 day shred into the mix.

I also suggest planning ahead on what you are going to eat. It helps when you really want to eat and prevents you from grabbing the bag of chips or something else unhealthy.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Like Candeka said, it's probably best to not dive right in and instead form the habits slowly over a period of time. Your way isn't "wrong" of course, but you might burn out if you change everything at once! I know I would have!

You don't need to exercise so much (and if you are, I hope you're not doing this level every day) because the majority of your weight loss will come from what you eat. Make sure to get some strength training in so you avoid excessive muscle loss.

Remember too that your body needs time to rest between workouts! Muscles are not built at the gym—they're built the days between your workouts!

I can't really give you any tips for avoiding snacking. I snack a lot. It's the only way I can get enough calories in because I can't eat too much in one sitting! If you find that you're very hungry between meals you might consider eating lower calorie, filling meals and supplementing them with planned snacks.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote