Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/170/150/130/125

Height: 5'5

Default the worst week in history

Well chickies, my week has gotten better and when I say better, I really mean worse. Got a quiz and a test back today. Failed both. Feel like I should drop out of school bc I'm clearly a waste of braincells. Also missed bootcamp bc traffic was nuts (darn college towns...). Now feel like a horrible human being bc my good friend called crying about her workday and I told her I couldnt hang out bc I have a study group, which I DO...at 8:30. I have like 2 hrs before then. I'm going running instead. I want to be there for her but I KNOW that that would involve a night of not studying and eating sweets. I'm sorry chica but my need for a clear head trumps your rough day at work. Anybody else have friends like this? Hehe this is the third day this week I've posted on here. Ya'll are gunna be my exercise accountability group
misspear2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

It sounds like you need utilize the tools your college offers. Most have tutors and groups that help people who are failing (as long as you truly ARE STUDYING, and not just failing because you were lazy). They should also provide workshops that tell you how to be more productive during your study sessions.

As for your friend, its not your job to visit with her if you have prior commitments. However, you say it would create a night of eating sweets. That's not true. You could bring healthy food to munch on. Hanging out with people does not automatically equal horrible eating. With that said, running should help clear your head since it does sound like a lot of small stuff has piled up. Good luck.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/205/154

Height: 5''8.5

I am in school too so I can relate to you. When it comes down to grades, you really need to review HOW you studied. Did you study enough hours for your exam/quizz? Did you really understand the material? You also have to believe in yourself because if you go into the exam room thinking you are going to fail or you are not smart enough, you lose confidence which will reflect in your grade. I honestly think that schools is about organization and really figuring out what is the best way to study for a particular class. Also take advantage of the teaching assistants, go to office hours, do the reading assignments, write down the things you do not understand and make sure you ask your professor or someone in your class. You will be be okay! Failing an exam or quiz does not mean that you will fail the whole class so it is never too late to get back on track!
As for your friend, don't feel too bad. Sometimes we need some "me time" and you can't really be that supportive if you are not in the best mood yourself. Just check on her later and reschedule another time to hang out when you are free.
Good luck! It will get better!
Miss Maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/230/165

Height: 5'9

Studying is sort of my thing. I think the best way to assess a study plan is to think through how you prepared for your test. Did you do all of the reading? Did you take notes? Did you engage in class or were you on facebook? Can you get a hold of past exams? Did you "get" all of the concepts? If so, did you put in the necessary review? If not, did you go to office hours? Is this a writing test or multiple choice? Can you get practice exams? If writing, can you meet with your teacher to discuss approach? Alot of tests are learning to take them...or mine were/are. What are you studying? I know I did finance in my undergrad and am currently a law student so my advice is tailored to those areas. As for engineering, practice problems? Sorry I'm not super clear. It may help if you wrote what you are studying.
glittergation is offline   Reply With Quote