Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:04 AM   #1  

Default New here

I am new here and I feel you people are my last hope. I have had this constant battle of losing weight. I am 48 and I have been married for almost 3 years. My husband just turned 50 and his blood preasure is very high. It never has been but he has gained a considerable amount of weight since we have been married and I feel that is a good reason why he has high blood preasure. He finally is allowing me to change the way I cook. I want to cook low fat. I try to find websites with fat and calories counters and I seemed to have no luck finding the one that has everything. I also want to cook low cholestrol because of heart disease runs in his family. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:53 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Welcome to the boards - you're going to love it here, and make new friends!!

Congratulations on taking the first step in weight loss - admitting there is a problem, and wanting to change it. Keep in mind that not only fat, but excess of anything can put on weight. Too many carbs can be harmful, too. Try going to the Heart Assoc. or the American Diabetes website (type them into your search engine) and you will get lots of tips on menus, the food groups pyramid, etc. You already know the basics - which is don't fry foods, eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole grain products.

In the meantime, please come over the the "Jaded Ladies # 3" website and post with us! We are a small but friendly group who talk about all kinds of everyday topics, not just weight loss. The weight loss issues are what ties us together, though. Hope to see you there!

Jana
Closed Thread