Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: Feb 20-26

Tejas
02-20-2012, 10:11 AM
New Pages

:carrot:

Tejas
02-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, I was going to tap practice, but it was cancelled because a number of people are sick with one thing or another. I guess I'll just have to face the housework that needs to be done. :(

Vickie
02-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Wow, February 20th already! Sheesh.

Off to PT.

beach bum
02-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

What a cold morning we had, I had to scrape the ice off the car windows. Hope it warms up a little so I can doing some walking,if not I will go on my bike.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,sorry your class was cancelled.It seems lots of people are coming down with colds. Try to keep your immune system up to par so you don't catch the virus.

VICKIE-Time marches on whether you like it or not. It seems like when we goes older it seems to go faster.

Have a great morning

nancy237
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
We are still going back on forth with the house offer. Its getting close to the price I am comfortable with but I haven't heard back since our counter offer went to them last night at 8.
I haven't been that nervous because i didn't think we would get to the price I needed but now that we are so close I am worried about about someone else
snatching it up..

Tejas
02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
:hug: Nancy

nancy237
02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
This house has a Koi Pond and I just found out that Koi means Love in Japanese. We picked a 2 month closing and guess what it fell on ?? April
19th which was our Anniversary..

This house is "From Robin, with Love" wow...

ontarget
02-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Wow, Nancy! That is something.

Rhonda, thank you for the pages.

Maryann, we're having a good day here. The temps feel mid-morning but are back up in the 60's.

Vickie, this month is flying by for sure.

I got up, had a CORE bfast, CORE lunch, then a free-for-all. What's with this?

pam920
02-20-2012, 10:30 PM
hello chickies.

Rhonda, thanks for the new pages. Hope you don't catch what is going around. Did ya clean?

Maryann, hope it warms up for you. Did you ride the bike?

Nancy, sounds like everything is falling into place. It was meant to be.

Sandra, congrats on your best score ever. I know you will do great in the remaining tournaments. You rock.

Vickie, yes, this month has flown by.

I have stayed OP today. Patting myself on the back.

Tejas
02-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Nancy, that is really something; I hope it all works out for you. If it doesn't, something good will come along.

Yes, I did some housework, mostly paper work.

My eating has been very good, and I worked particularly hard at the gym. I worked with the trainer, then did 30 minutes on the elliptical and did 2 sets or kettlebell swings with the 35-pound kettlebell.

nancy237
02-21-2012, 12:08 AM
I finally have a contract on the house !!!
So unless we discover something big at the inspection,
I think this is for sure..

This house is way more than I dreamed of for my next house..
God is good !!!

Tejas
02-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Nancy :woohoo:

beach bum
02-21-2012, 12:41 PM

We have a beautiful day temps are up to the 50's but its still to cold to go down to the beach and walk.

I don't know if your girls heard this on the radio this morning or read this on the web but I going to give you a web site where there's a article of TEST TUBE MEATS ITS FROM BBC NEWS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16972761

WHEN I SAW AND READ THE ARTICLE IT MADE ME SICK,BUT YOU CAN'T STOP PROGRESS.

SANDRA- Yes, we are finally getting better temps,but like I posted above it still too cool to walk along the beach, wish I could walk around where I live but it to hilly for my bruits in my hip to do that. I tried walking to the mailbox at the end of the road and the hip bothered me.

PAM-Thanks, I rode my bike for 15 mins last night. Today I'm going to try harder to stay on the bike longer.

NANCY-:hug: Happy to hear everything is working out for you to sell ing buying a new house. Yes definitely the Lord is good, always count on him.

Have to go,and start my dinner have a nice afternoon

pam920
02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
hello chicks.

Maryann, i read your article, but couldn't finish it. What will they think of next. It sounds disgusting to me.

ok, need to vent. My husband is driving me crazy. i picked up a couple books at a garage sale about diabetes. he's been reading them. Needless to say, he thinks WE should do all the stuff the books tell him to do. Some green drink made with algae seaweed. No thank you, I'll pass. I have done my best to help him since he was diagnosed. He was not this supportive when i was told i had heart disease and needed a stent. I went on South Beach and he continued to bring in cakes, cookies, etc. I didn't cave in and stuck to my diet. I'm happy to say i really can pass on the sweets these days. I like an occasional chocolate chip cookie, but that's about it. He keeps pushing me to eat Adkins Diet. I don't like that way of eating, never will. To take away my milk, fruit, etc....nope, not gonna do it. I tried to tell him if we quit grazing at night, we would lose pounds. We did well yesterday and i was 1 lb lighter and he was 2 lbs lighter. So today, he is practically starving himself. What am i going to do with him, lol. He is driving me CRAZY. ok, vent over.

Nancy, congrats on your contract. Can't wait to see pics when you can show us.

Tejas
02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
I hear 'ya Pam!

If you need a "diet" plan, or he does, I will push the DASH Diet one more time.

If he really wants to know about diet and diabetes, he could do no better than to look at the American Diabetes Association website. They have books for sale there. No seaweed required.

My DH buys crackers, pizzas, cookies, chips...you name it. Like you, I am learning to avoid them. I have quit telling him they aren't good for him. He knows.

Good luck! ;)

Tejas
02-22-2012, 12:05 AM
We went out with DH's firstborn (male, about 50 now) for dinner. We went to a major steakhouse, and I am so proud of myself. I had steak SALAD with oil and vinegar on the side, and a glass of red wine. I had 2 crab cakes as an appetizer, with no lemon butter! Delicious and not crazy.

pam920
02-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Great job Rhonda. Those crab cakes sound yummy.

well, we cut out the late evening snacking for the last 2 days and the scale is finally moving. I was up to 170 at one point but today the scale reads 166. My husband has dropped 4 lbs in 2 days. i'm sure a lot of it is sodium and water, but it's just the incentive he needed to finally listen to me. If we can keep this up, we should finally see all this walking pay off. I've been eating plain greek yogurt with some cocoa powder, with a bit of sugar free pudding powder mix. I have cheesecake flavor. I don't eat a full cup (that is a serving size) and am very satisfied for the rest of the evening.

Tejas
02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Pam, the crab cakes WERE yummy. And, the steak on the salad was done perfectly, the salad was creative, and the wine was perfect. Quite a meal, but a friend told me that "steak salad" is an oxymoron :lol:

I like greek yogurt also, with some fruit in it.

I'm off to the elliptical!

Vickie
02-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Awww Nancy....your story is beautiful and made me cry. I believe Robin is still taking care of you.

beach bum
02-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Went to Mass & than to a church meeting. Cooked dinner and than got my new glasses,below. My son approves now it my DD who has to answer my e-mail.

Otherwise nothings new,

PAM-I agree with you,if that whats are going to be in the meat dept of the supermarket i will turn vegetarian.

RHONDA- Now that Lent is here,I'm going to have crab cakes on Friday when I go out with my friend Rita. Had stuffed clams today

Have a great evening

ontarget
02-22-2012, 04:17 PM
:woohoo: Nancy!!!

Pam, congrats on getting the scales to move.

Rhonda, I think Doyle and I are quite a bit alike. I'm not doing too well either.

Got to go. We're heading to town. BBL

ontarget
02-22-2012, 10:35 PM
We had a young archer come out this afternoon. He's shooting extremely well getting ready to go wild hog hunting. (Scares me!) Curtis and I are taking the boat out tomorrow and will fish for a couple of hours. Should be fun.

Maryann, I'll bet your new glasses look good. Did your dd like them?

Vickie, how are your doctors' appointments going? My OA sponsor is having knee surgery next week. She seems in good spirits and is ready to get it over with.

Pam, I have been surfing reading about BL's blowup. What next?

Got to go. We have a movie coming on.

nancy237
02-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Will you girls pray for something ??

My closing will be in a few months & if my land sold before that it would make things easier to figure out with the financing..
I got an email from the land realtor that he had 2 very interested parties...

If you are a prayer I could use it and if not just send up positive thoughts :)

ontarget
02-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Consider it done.

pam920
02-22-2012, 11:12 PM
done Nancy. Things seem to be falling into place for you, so i bet you get it sold.

Yes, Sandra, went to TMZ to see what was going on. You know Conda was the leader. Hope they don't come back. nbc has to know that most of us are not happy with this season.

Still doing good on our program. I made a spaghetti bake for dinner (so good) with meatballs. We didn't overeat so hopefully the scales will be nice to us. I had my greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and pistachio pudding mix. Very good. The greek yogurt seems to satisfy me and I don't crave anything else the rest of the night.

Maryann, glad you like your new glasses. I had mine re-made and i still can't wear them. I'm still using my old ones.

ontarget
02-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Pam, did you see for sure that Conda's the leader? It would be great if they don't bring them back. What a twist! Current contestants exchanging for former ones! Now that would be kewl!

I had a banana for a snack tonight. Curtis had peanut butter and crackers. They looked good.

Tejas
02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
:cheer: :cheer2: :cheer3:

Out of the 180's!!!!!! Finally, at long last!

Off to tap class.

Vickie
02-23-2012, 10:30 AM
WOW.....SO much success here. I hope it becomes contagious. Congratulations Rhonda and Pam.

I'm ok. Nephrologist and Internist said report in inconclusive on my stomach nodule. Good news is that it is stable from June 2010. Now they're sending me to the Gastroenterologist. Sheesh.

Heel still hurts but better. I'm still in PT.

We are bracing for a snow storm over night; 5-9 inches and they say worse North. We live South so that's good news. We have our refinancing closing tomorrow so I have to call the back to find out what the story is with that.

Nancy, I will pray AND think good thoughts. How about that!

Hey Mary Ann and Sandra!

Gotta get my phone calls made.

Hugs to you all.

beach bum
02-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Good Morning ladies:)

Looks like we are going to have rain,some time today,even thought the sun is shinning.It might as well rain,as maybe the heaves will be crying for me today. I have to go to THE TAXMAN this afternoon.I'm not very happy,thinking of all the money I will be paying the government taking money out of my IRA's and putting them in a saving bank. Not look forward to that.

PAM-Congrats:cheer: on your 4 lb loss,that great.Sorry that you having problems with your new glasses. My prescription hasn't changed that much,so I'm lucky.

SANDRA-Thanks I put my photo on the avatar,so all can see my new glasses. No I have opened my e-mail yet.I'm sure my DD will like these one instead.

NANCY-I"m so happy for you,and sending some prayers you way.

:cheer:RHONDA,BIG CONGRATS ON GETTING OUT OF THE 180'S YES YOU HARD WORD DID PAY OFF.:cheer:

Have to go have a great day

ontarget
02-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Rhonda, :woohoo: on being in the 70's. You have earned it for sure.

Vickie, I guess that's good news from your doctors. I will keep praying for your continuing improvement. I don't like you to be in pain.

Maryann, it's 80ish here today, but we have a cool spell coming in tomorrow. I really think winter missed us this year--I'm not complaining. :lol:

nancy237
02-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Sorry I have been so preoccupied lately to respond to each of you..

I started the low carb thing that I did a few months ago..It worked before until I stopped & I wasn't hungry so if I can stick to it maybe I will lose..

The losses have been impressive with everyone .:carrot::carrot:

Vickie, I know you are tired of all the doctors..I am glad it was stable from 2010..thats a long time..Snowstorms and closings ..lots going on..I talked to a few lenders about a small equity loan to make up what I am missing for the new house..funniest thing..they aren't impressed that I PLAN to go back to work:lol::lol: So I am going to use some investment money unless my land sells in time..

Maryann..I like the glasses..I have to do the TAXMAN too soon..They seems to find new ways every year to take a little more don't they. Soon we will give them all of it and have to show why they should give a tiny bit back..

Pam..your yogurts sound great..good job with your eating ..

got to go and will catch the rest of you later tonight..

pam920
02-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Maryann, I like your glasses. I actually like my old frames better than my newer ones. My script did change, but i can still see well enough with my old glasses.

Sandra, BL.....i hear they let 2 of them go. I wonder which ones?

Nancy, i just can't do the low carb. We are basically doing South Beach. I stayed the same this morning and DH lost another 2 lbs, so that makes 6 lbs for him in 3 days. He's a happy camper. Also, his glucose is perfect, so he's extra happy about that. We allow ourselves one treat each evening and try to keep it around 100-120 calories.

Vickie, glad things are going well. Stay safe and inside with all that snow coming.

Rhonda, Rhonda, Rhonda. What can I say????? You have worked so hard for this and finally are seeing good results. I am so happy for you. You work harder than any of us in the exercise dept. :bravo::cp::cp::cp::cb::cb::congrat:

ontarget
02-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Pam, I am still surfing trying to find out. If I do, I'll let you know. (You do the same.) We can be detectives.

Rhonda, I ditto what Pam says.

Tejas
02-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Thanks everybody!

Yesterday was my father's birthday (1905-1979) and today was my mother's (1906-1995) so I celebrated by having a root beer float, something they both really liked. We lived in a town with a great root beer stand that everyone loved.

But, it was a very small float ;)

Tejas
02-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Pam, I hadn't thought of putting cocoa in yogurt until you posted. I just had 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup peaches, 1 teaspoon of cocoa, cinnamon, and Splenda, all blended together. It was really good.

my3gr8boyz
02-24-2012, 01:23 AM
I've been eating plain greek yogurt with some cocoa powder, with a bit of sugar free pudding powder mix. I have cheesecake flavor. I don't eat a full cup (that is a serving size) and am very satisfied for the rest of the evening.

This was the second time today i heard about Greek yogurt with cocoa powder. I never would of though of it as I have always had a "thing" against any yogurt that was chocolaty. But this struck me as great, so I tried it. I really liked it! It would be great a tad frozen, or like you said, mixed in with some pudding, or even with chocolate protein powder. Now my problem will be deciding on which flavor at which time! :D

pam920
02-24-2012, 10:31 AM
morning chicks.

Vickie, are you snowed in? Saw where you got hit hard. stay safe.

Sandra, yes, if I hear any thing new, i'll let you know.

My yogurt says a cup is a serving size but that is way too much for me. i think I have approximately 1/2 cup too. When I first did the South Beach diet, i used ricotta cheese with the unsweetened cocoa. I like it much better with greek yogurt. I use cheesecake pudding powder (sf of course) with strawberries and that one is a favorite too.

My husband is down on the scale again. He started at 195 and is down to 187.4. Why do men lose so much more quickly than us women? I'm only down about 4 lbs, but I'm still happy. As long as the scale is going down, and not up, i'm fine with whatever I can lose each week.

ontarget
02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh, Rhonda, I remember that root beer stand well. My maternal grandmother and I would drive over just for a float and a cheese dog.

Pam, congrats on being down 4 lbs. That's good. I don't get it with these men either. Life's not fair.

:welcome: my3gr8byz. I'm glad you like the yogurt ideas.

Well, ladies, tomorrow is the indoor state. That's about all on my mind right now. Well, that and Nationals next weekend. My clothes are tight. Life goes on.....

nancy237
02-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Nice day here..about 80 and windy..there is a tornado watch though.

I am sorting stuff in the garage that I had a helper bring from attic & both sheds. This stuff is going to kids, friends, sell, yardsale, charity or trash.
I am making piles to sort it.. I love getting rid of junk I should have never kept in the first place.

Low carb is going fine, except for a headache that I usually get the first few days.

my3gr8boyz
02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
I love getting rid of junk I should have never kept in the first place.

I love that, too!!!

Tejas
02-24-2012, 06:53 PM
:welcome2: my3gr8boyz (hmmm, do you have an easier name to type?) :lol:

I have a pile of clothes on the sofa to take to a resale place that gives all of its proceeds to Habitat for Humanity.

Chicks, the root beer stand that Sandra and I are mentioning deserves a place in history..it was just amazing, and well loved by thousands of people. It was called Shiftars, and the owner/operators were really nice....gave lots of young people their first jobs as cooks or carhops.

Pam, one of the reasons that the Greek yogurt is satisfying is that it is high protein...but, you probably know that.

We're waiting for the grandkids. And, my house is full of bad food, ready for tomorrow night's party. I'll be strong!

I think people are nuts: all upset that they can't get a pair of fancy sneakers when many of the people of the world have nothing more substantial than flip flops.

pam920
02-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes, lots of protein in greek yogurt. We have a root beer place in Michigan called A&W. Anyone heard of it? The first one they opened is still in business. They had quite a few in other cities through the years and some have closed but the 1st one is still there. I believe they still have car hops too. Loved their root beer in frosted glasses.

Welcome to mommy of 3. What is your name? That is a long one to remember. Some of us are too old to remember a long name (wink, wink).

I made turkey cutlets today. Baked of course with veggies. Very good. We had a late dinner so I'm going to try to skip the snack tonight.

I love my flip flops. I wear them year round.

beach bum
02-25-2012, 11:35 AM

Woke up to a shinny day but the winds are howling. Suppose to get worse as the day progresses. Talking about 60 MPH [hurricane force winds] later this afternoon and into tonight. One of my lady friends hopes that we don't lose electricity.

Got on the scale this morning and I finally broke the 3 week stall I'm now down to 166. Lost 1 lb this W-I.

SANDRA-I think your right :yes: with the lovely temps we are having I'm not complaining either. I heard a woman some where talking to some one that she didn't like the change,winter:coolsnow: should be winter.,but I guess we all have our own opinions.

NANCY-No apologizing necessary we know how business you are with selling your house and find a new home. When I went to the tax man I got money back from the gov & the state but 1/2 of it went to have the taxes prepared. UGHHHH!!!! :tantrum: Just can't win LOL!!!!:lol3: Thanks I like the frames better than the old ones. I'm doing low carbing and find it hard sometimes. My sister just told me about the hypnotizing tapes that she bought and somehow they are working. I have to ask her when she plays the type for it work on your subconscious.

PAM-:thanks: even thought they we pretty I still had to pay full price for them as my insurance doesn't pay for them. I thought we had coverage when Leo was around but It guess it stopped after he died. Thanks for the yogurt ideas.I used to put PB along with the chocolate mix in ricotta cheese.,as my favorite candy is Resse's PB cup and pieces.YES I remember A&W I loved:love: that place didn't know that they were around anymore. Root Beer is my favorite :coffee2: drink when I go out to lunch with my friend Rita. My friend gets a kick out it, as its served the root beer in a beer bottle and a frosted mug.

RHONDA-Interesting that your mom & day that their birthdays:woo: right after the other. WOW!! My father was born in 1902 and my mom 1907,but my father lived to 87 and my mom to 91.

:welcome: to the thread Mom of Three,I used low carb yogurt from Dannon,as I'm on a low carb plan.

Have a great day and I see you guys tomorrow morning,if I not rushed to church.

Tejas
02-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Isn't A&W national? Is the first one in Michigan? The one we're talking about was totally local. There's a totally local one here too, called Frosty's but we haven't been there yet.

We had the grandkids here, but they're gone now. I've got a busy day and evening.

Sandra, good luck today!!!

Tejas
02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Congrats on the loss, Maryann...

pam920
02-25-2012, 01:12 PM
hey chicks.

about A&W, didn't know it was national. No, I guess the 1st one was in CA. The one I'm talking about was the first one in Michigan, or at least in the area I lived in. It still is the original building etc. Loved going there when I was a kid. I know they changed their menu over the years. I used to love the Mama burger, but not sure they still have it.

My scale says 166 one day, 167 the next. At least it's not going any higher. My husband gained about 1/2 lb and says the diet quit working. He lost about 8 lbs in less than a week. Never satisfied. Told him the beginning was just water weight. No way he did anything to actually lose that much except with diet and his excessive snacking. Told him Monday will show what he actually lost for the week.

Maryann, congrats on your loss. We seem to be moving in the same direction. Those are high winds you are expecting. It's been pretty windy here the last 3 days.

Hope you had fun with the gks Rhonda.

nancy237
02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Diet is going great, headache is gone. I am satisfied with the protein only & plan to go from 150 to 145 with the strictest phase, then add salads & veggies til 140, then add some dairy in.. By 135 I will balance things more and watch to be sure I am still dropping slowly. I really feel like I can do it this time...

Went to the flea market & thrift store with my cousin...scored a large leather
weekender duffle bag from Overland Outfitters for $5. It is a $200 bag easy..

Busy day and now I am going to curl up and read Cold Mountain that I picked up in hardback for $ .75 ..I love thrift stores..

I have decided that I am going to donate my stuff I want to get rid of to this thrift store instead of a yard sale. They use the money for helping homeless people get housing & food & medical care. I can avoid the hassle of a yard sale and feel good about it too !!!

beach bum
02-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi Ladies:)

What a evening we had of howling winds and than again this morning. They must have be at least 60 MPH and now they still blowing. TG we didn't loose our power like some people thought.

Going out with a couple of my friends to dinner tonight and they have a seafood stew to die for, its expensive but I'm going to treat myself tonight.

Thanks ladies for your congrats my my lost pound. I think that I will continue what I was doing last week with my lowering my carbs to under 100,and not eating between meals have water instead. Like my sister told me about the hypnotist tape that she bought.She explained that the guy was on stage when she was on Fla. and told them that hypnotism can work on all phases.He has tapes on all kinds of vices. On the tape he says[[[WHEN YOU FIRST FEEL LIKE YOUR LOOKING FOR FOOD RIGHT AFTER YOU ATE, GET A GLASS OF WATER AND DRINK IT AND YOU'LL FORGET OF THE THING YOU WERE LOOK FOR]]]. I told her easy said than done. She lost a few pounds since she start a couple of day ago. I really don't believe in hypnotism so I don't think I will ask her for the tape.

PAM-That great that you hanging around the same number,it can get frustrating as I know feeling being stuck at the same number for 3 weeks.,but if will come off. Congrats on your DH success,but they lose faster than we do.

NANCY-Glad the diet is working for you,You'll reach your goal shortly if you stick to your plan. I find when I'm get hungry I just but Designers Whey Protein in a glass of ice cold water and shake and drink it down and walla the hunger goes away.Oh you can get some bargains from a Thrift Shop. My sister found a jar that matched her set and it was worth more that the owner that got rid of realized it.

Have a great day,

Tejas
02-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Nancy, I'm with you about donating stuff. We have a place here that accepts donations, sells the stuff and gives all the proceeds to Habitat for Humanity (I might have mentioned that before). They are now opening a bookstore to do the same thing, and I'm going to do some volunteer work for them.

I am worn out, but happy. GK's on Friday, 20 people here last night, then today I met family for breakfast, took 7 yo great niece to church, out for lunch then to the candy store. I'm going to take a nap, then go to a meeting for my friend, the mayoral candidate. :faint:

My eating has not been the best this weekend, but it hasn't been awful either, thank goodness.

Vickie
02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to spend a rare day with my first Sister (she doesn't like when I say my oldest Sister!), just us. I'm taking her to my most favorite restaurant for my favorite salad. She is a healthy eater. It's called the Orchard Salad and it is fabulous, apples, apricots, cranberries, white cheddar, pecans on mixed field greens with an apple cider vinaigrette. Probably will eat all my calories at one sitting. They serve it with fabulous in house made artisan bread. And....they have a bakery to buy dessert to eat there. Then we are going shopping to Sephora for ideas and to Ulta to buy with our coupons. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it? Better run and have some breakfast so I don't eat too much bread. Oh yeah.....PT first. Darn heel.

Light and love to all of you.

Rhonda and Sandra.....you too are motion machines!