100 lb. Club - I am curious

View Full Version : I am curious

SmallSteps
02-19-2012, 09:21 PM
What is your one "got to have" food when you are dieting? Something you can or do eat everyday.

Lovely
02-19-2012, 09:30 PM
This is probably going to sound like a diet cliché, but I really love salads.

I keep lettuces of all varieties on hand. So, I start with a big bowl of salad and then add on top whatever I have around that sounds good. Grilled, sliced chicken. Feta cheese. Carrots. Tomatoes. Cucumber. Sometimes I'll even have dried cherries, feta and a sprinkling of walnuts with a raspberry dressing. I also like chopping an apple and avocado with a sweeter fruit dressing to top it.

Since I make the salads myself I know exactly what goes into them, and I don't need nearly as much dressing as they put on in restaurants. Just one serving of dressing mixed well over the salad is perfect.

Most of the salads I eat are filling, flexible, and a great way to get in a ton of vegetables and sometimes fruits. I could eat a different salad every day and not get tired of them.

So, salads! :D

astrophe
02-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Don't really have one that I MUST have every day.

But sometimes I do work in some vanilla ice cream into the calorie budget.

A.

Jeckeree
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
I eat brown rice almost everyday for dinner. Keeps me full the rest of the night so I don't get the munchies. But my favorite treat that I could eat everyday would definitely be skinny cow also. Definitely does not taste like I'm compromising at all!

berryblondeboys
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
An apple sprinkled with cinnamon and svednwith either jif ofmy new find, PB2. I eat this for lunch nearly every day.

For diet foods, I always have a stash of Atkins 3 net points bars. I tend to grab for one almost every day for a snack or part of my breakfast. I don't like dairy, so finding enough protein can be tricky and those bars are full of protein, low on carbs and satisfy my morning sweet tooth.

PinkLotus
02-19-2012, 10:24 PM
I have to have a mini ice cream sandwich (2 WW points) everyday. I crave sweets and love ice cream, and even though it's really small, it helps a lot!

SmallSteps
02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
After reading all the responses mine seems even weirder lol

I love LOVE chicken salad. I could eat it daily and sometimes do!

HealthyMeWannabe
02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Greek yogurt! I absolutely love the stuff! I keep tons of it in the fridge and take some to work for a snack nearly every day.

einszwei
02-19-2012, 11:22 PM
I have to drink water every day and I almost always have a piece of bread

fyreflie24
02-19-2012, 11:30 PM
My morning shake:

1 banana
1/2 scoop chocolate whey powder
1 cup vanilla almond milk
2 tbsp Better n' Peanut butter
1/2-1 scoop unsweetened cocoa
ice

Every morning! :)

dstalksalot
02-20-2012, 01:56 AM
I eat oatmeal now every day. I actually freaked out when I ran out this week. It keeps me full and happy until lunch time. I eat it with a small amount of brown sugar, wlmonds and crasons.

jitterfish
02-20-2012, 03:46 AM
My chai latte. Most evenings after dinner I make it. I love the spicy sweetness of the tea - I don't add sugar to tea and find the chai is sweeter than normal tea it feels a little more indulgent.

FitMomEB
02-20-2012, 06:15 AM
My smoothies. I make them with whey protein and either mix it with coffee and caramel of vanilla stevia, or with water and fruit. It satisfied my sweet tooth but keeps my blood sugar in check, and it's great for a quick breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack.

sontaikle
02-20-2012, 10:13 AM
My chicken wrap. I have it nearly every day. It has: a crapload of lettuce, grilled chicken, roasted red peppers and tomato.

SO GOOD. Sometimes I'll have cheese on it, but I recently switched out the cheese for the roasted peppers and I love this concoction so much better!

thistoo
02-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Most of the time I feel like I've given up EVERYTHING (except chicken. I really hate chicken.) but the one thing I haven't given up yet is coffee. I'm down to nothing in it at all, but a black iced espresso is my 'treat' now. Sad but true.

cathi888
02-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Sugar free jello with a spoonful of coolwhip every night. YUM

TraceyElaine
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
oatmeal with diced apples almost every day for breakfast and Greek yogurt sweetened with honey and a bit of granola and blueberries mixed together for a snack.

KatMarie
02-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Greek yogurt with a tbs PB2, tbs of walden calorie free chocolate, 2 packets sweet n low for a snack. Also have a banana PB2 smoothie every evening made with almond silk milk.

Sandi
02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Spinach. The vegetable hater has spinach every single day. Sometimes twice a day. Baby Spinach is preferred.

Steph7409
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Target's French Vanilla Almond granola. So imagine my dismay when I went there yesterday to find all their granola marked "clearance." I bought 10 boxes! It should last me until the summer, and then I'll have to find something else for breakfast. Boo!

summerlove
02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Oatmeal with some raisins and nuts! I keep it under 250 and it's sooo good. Perfect breakfast and start to my day :)

Carrots and strawberries as a snack, too.

konfyoozed
02-20-2012, 06:32 PM
strong black coffee, or hot tea with splenda. something about a hot beverage in the morning just gives me a jolt. a caffeinated soda or energy drink just doesn't have the same kick.

Curvaliscious
02-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Chocolate. I fit it within my calories and it works for me.

SmallSteps
02-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Ewwwwww I can not do oatmeal! yuck yuck yuck!

Auty
02-22-2012, 04:50 AM
I have been drinking Muscle Milk everyday for the past week, it gets me going in the morning and has a good amount of protein.

InsideMe
02-22-2012, 10:41 AM
I LOVE sweet so I have to have my kashi granola bar after dinner! It's my treat for the day :)

smashley52683
02-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Spinach. The vegetable hater has spinach every single day. Sometimes twice a day. Baby Spinach is preferred.

I'm a big spinach eater too! I buy huge bags of it from Costco, most of the time I will steam it...but I also use it in salad, hide it in pasta dishes and sautée it. It is such a versatile veggie:). Go Spinach!!!!

defenestrator
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Here's my 250 calorie breakfast --

2 egg whites and a whole egg, scrambled. Heat up 1/2 cup either refried black beans or whole black beans. Put the scrambled eggs on top and then top with salsa. If you want, spend another 100 calories or so and wrap the whole thing up in a tortilla. This breakfast keeps me full for several hours.

Riesz
02-22-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm completely addicted to vanilla protein powder so I think that'd be my pick. I've always loved ice cream/milkshakes/smoothies so it's great being able to make my own healthy versions!

I have a cabinet stocked with flavorings, dry pudding, nuts, seeds, and spices for my shakes (and oatmeal).

I have a smoothie almost every morning and the flavors change everyday! :D Sometimes I indulge in a very sinful-tasting shake with peanut butter and cocoa powder and other times I have a light smoothie with frozen banana and mango. I make various combinations using frozen banana, strawberries, mixed berries, mangoes, pineapple, oranges, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit juice, cinnamon, cocoa powder, almond milk, skim milk. They're all delicious :)

lovemydoggiesx2
02-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Peanut butter.....ummm I can eat it on anything!!!!

Micki k
02-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Right now I'm addicted to Dole peaches. The ones packed in fruit juice. I throw a couple slices in with my 10 grain cereal in the morning or add them to some Greek yogurt. When I need a little sweet tooth fix a couple of slices always do it for me.

MadameZombie
02-22-2012, 07:01 PM
I eat a salad almost everyday. At first it was a little hard to get use to, especially considering the diet I use to have but now it's great and it keeps me sane. No matter how shitty my weekend is, no matter how far off plan one meal gets, I always have a healthy lunch consisting of my salad, soup and fruit. It's just such a relief to go back to eating healthy during the week.

liliesinmycereal
02-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Popcorn used to be it but it's not necessary towards me reaching my goal maybe later on when I transition to my normal weight loss routine I will incorporate it because I love eating it and the smell. I still eat just not everyday

Pacifica Bee
02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
My nightly ice cream - frozen strawberries, frozen nf Greek yogurt, stevia in the Cuisinart, and then I'll top it with something special - frozen raisins, unsweetened coconut, almonds, or cocoa nibs, etc. If I don't have dessert, I feel like my day isn't complete.

I also have to add that "when you are dieting" question doesn't really apply. I don't feel like I am dieting. This is just the way I eat now.

PghGal
02-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I start off most every day with a 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (plain), 100 grams of frozen red raspberries (thawed), mixed together with a splenda packet. I wash it down with a large cup of black coffee. :D

BeachBreeze2010
02-28-2012, 11:46 AM
It's all about balancing protein with carbs for me. I can't eat a salad for lunch or just fruit for breakfast or the rest of my day will ride the blood sugar roller coaster. I have to get the protein and good fats in with it.

So, I eat greek yogurt (can't be regular yogurt - not enough protein and too much sugar) with fruit and a kashi bar almost every morning. Lunch is typically chicken and veggies and I eat oatmeal and string cheese as a 3:00 snack. When I do this, it's soooo much easier to stay on track. The small meals satisfy me and I don't find myself thinking about food all day.

ParadiseFalls
02-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Grapes and coffee. I try to cut out the coffee, but I really enjoy it. Also avocados — I don't eat them quite every day, but almost every day. They might be my favorite food.

alitorry
02-28-2012, 01:12 PM
This is an interesting thread :)

I think what has saved me throughout my diet so far has been the 90 cal Fiber one bars. My favorite is the chocolate caramel pretzel. It's like a chocolate candy bar to me now, since I never get the real stuff. It holds me over til dinner when I have the munchies..

sluggerbean
02-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Green tea; My day does not begin until I have my cup every morning. :D
Also lots and lots of water!!

runningfromfat
02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
For me it's a meal. Every day I eat the same breakfast:

coffee with a splash of whole milk
one piece of toast with butter and light cheese
1-2 eggs with sautéed onions and mushrooms
2 tall glasses of water

After that I'm good to go. I love the meal and it's just the right amount so I'm not starving in the morning. :D

Gabe
02-28-2012, 03:21 PM
My breakfast of a Greek yogurt and a banana is absolutely non-negotiable. And, lately, my dinner of a ciabatti dinner roll sandwich, with Oscar Mayer Carving Board Chicken, sharp cheddar cheese and a smidge of light mayo, along with Miner's Gold cheese puffs and a 100 calorie pack of yogurt covered pretzels is also non-negotiable.

shishkeberry
02-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Steak 'ems! I eat them for lunch on whole wheat with peppers and onions almost every day. Love em!

marmar09
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Granola bars and bananas. So good. :D

marmar09
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
btw, shiskeberry - LOVE your profile pic!

qtapostolic
02-29-2012, 12:44 PM
well, it's not exciting, but the thing I have EVERYday is a salad. Usually it's a little chicken ceasar salad that has been pre-packaged so I know it's exactly 230 cal. The lettuce keeps me "regular" and it makes me feel mentally healthy because I know I've eaten something good for me, lol.
After reading this thread I was thinking some sugar free jello would be nice in the evenings!

HappyNurse2005
02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
my treat is an occasional Dr Pepper. 250 calories for 20 ounces of sweet goodness. I only do this a few days a week, and ALWAYS make it fit in my 1200 calories.

I do like to have low cal string cheese (60cal) on hand for a frequent snack, and also Goldfish crackers! 55 Goldfish crackers are only 140 calories. Eat those goldfish in tiny bites, and it feels like they last forever!