Old 02-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

Smile Return to old ways that worked...

My weight has soared to 300.5 lbs. I don't like the number, don't like how I feel and look and read a lot of this particular group and want to join you.
I have calculated 1800 calories per day to allow me a good,safe weight loss and I am not active enough so I'm going to do more walking and move more as well.
I have some bad things happen recently in my life and starting a new job in 2 weeks. I was working as a travel nurse and decided to get done with my contract and return home, lose the weight and join a gym,get a perm job.My job is active on my feet and I am a RN and work in the ICU so I know I had better get this all under control.
I had bought some Slim Fast to try it and also to curb my crazy addiction to sweets. My Sis who lives with me is weighing even more than me and it's a shame because I started to eat more like her and cast away whatever control I had had as well as being somewhat concerned that I was eating healthy.

Last night I ate at a Japanese buffet. I enjoyed what I wanted, I had a healthy lunch, I felt like tomorrow is Sunday and I am going to pour my heart out online and get started so as of now it is 10:30 am,Feb. 19th and for a couple of days will try to back off my eating quite a bit and focus on 1800 calories a day.

I just want to use Slim Fast as a means to back the sweets cravings down and also to back off my enormous appetite but my intention is to do old fashioned calorie counting and eat healthier. I know how to do it but need a good push for a couple of days to get it together.
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/130/125

Height: 5' 7"

Think of it as a treat to eat healthy -- Splurge on double portions of nonstarchy vegetables. When I eat a spinach salad, I put it in a HUGE bowl. When I eat grilled vegetables, I cover the entire George Foreman grill surface with zucchini and mushrooms and yellow squash -- with a tiny spray of olive oil and some Mrs. Dash. -- OMG, YUM! It feels like cheating to eat such huge quantities, but it's vegetables. Many diets call these vegetables "unlimited" -- and there's a good reason for that. You can fill up. (Plus, when I think of all that nutrition going into my body, I feel like I'm being really good to myself).

As for sweets, I eat chocolate every day. I keep dark chocolate Hershey's kisses in the freezer, and after dinner, I let one or two melt in my mouth. Often, that's all the chocolate I need. But I also choose things like Zone Perfect bars sometimes for meals (along with my generous servings of vegetables).

Another trick is to keep Fat-free Cool Whip on hand. I allow myself a large spoonful in the evening if I need something sweet. Then I wait a few minutes, and notice that it did the trick. It's surprisingly satisfying.

For those rare times when I just want to eat an entire pint of ice cream (right out of the carton) -- I get some Arctic Zero and have at it. It's only 150 calories. It's not anywhere as yummy as ice cream, but sometimes I want the eating-out-of-the-carton experience. We all feel that way sometimes, I'm sure!

The other day, I ate a Snickers, and it wasn't nearly as satisfying as it used to be. I just didn't enjoy it, and it didn't fill me up. I do much better with larger amounts of healthy food, and small daily amounts of really good chocolate that I enjoy.

Some people have to totally give up the sweets -- everyone is different -- I'm glad I'm not one of those people!!

I'm much happier eating the way I eat now, than the way I used to overeat. I enjoy my food so much more, and I know I'm being good to myself.
Queen Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

So far today and it is 5 pm I have eaten 2 bananas, 1 300-cal Healthy Choice frozen meal and snacks and 2 shakes, plenty of calories for a meal and snack left over for later. I am not hungry to talk of but I have been spacing my food out so I believe that is the ticket right there.
I had tried Slim Fast in the past and my stomach didn't do well at all with the canned version in milk but I understand that the drink in the bottle is more well tolerated by most people... count me in on that one because I have no bloating or stomach ache thank goodness.
Tonight I am trying to decide on what I want for dinner and also I know I have to plan anoher snack after.
I feel good today and I am happy with myself staying put without any effort. It appears that I can eat most meals within reason and just have something to keep me from feeling super hungry which is what I need for now.
Emotional eating gets me every time.
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote