Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 3

Default Hello from Australia

Oh gosh were do i begin (first of all let me intoduce myself).

My name is sammy and (yes as you guessed by the title im from the land down under).I currently weigh 91.1kg (~200lbs) and my goal weight is between 55 - 60 kg (120 -132lbs).After several years of complete and utter denial i have decided to make a CHANGE (haha see the caps i am truly dedicated ). The most shocking thing is it took me this long to realize that (1) i wasn't happy with me and (2) i wasn't happy with ANY aspect of my life .The sad thing is last August i was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthiritis (and you would think that would make me go and get healthy...nope) instead i sat around feeling sorry for myself (telling myself how could this happen to a 19yr old).

but it wasn't till a couple of days ago that i decided to take the initiative and go see a dietitian, who devised a plan that allowed me to eat between 5 - 6 meals a day. the great thing is this time i know how much food i need to eat in order to fuel my body ( and prevent me feeling faint when i workout) which was the problem the other times i have tried to lose weight . Currently i have been going steady for 4 days (exercising and eating healthy). i will definitelyh keep all of you posted on my progress. Wish me luck
sammy220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #2  

hi sammy, im new too. well done for 4 days, i think getting started is the hardest part so well done and good luck for the rest of your journey.
jasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #3  

Smile

thank you @jasb i wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sammy, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 20-somethings, Dieting with Obstacles, and I think there's and Aussie checkin?
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #5  

Thank you so much @patchworkpenguin for welcoming me to 3FC family. I definitely will be joining the groups you have suggested