Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/175

Height: 5"4

Default The Gazelle

Random question, but has anyone used Tony littles Gazelle for a workout in the home? I'm looking for inexpensive and this seems to have good reviews...thanks
Chrissy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #2  

You know what... Mine is in the garage. You've inspired me to dust it off and give it a go. I'm ashamed to admit that I used it maybe once or twice, so I can't really say anything about the workout on it, but I'm also curious about others' opinions and experiences with it!
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I used to have one. Strangely, it aggravated my plantar fasciitis. I kinda liked it while it lasted.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I had one in the past. I personally couldn't stand it. The movement was awkward and it doesn't offer much resistance. It eventually became a clothes rack. JMO.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/216.6/160

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita View Post
I had one in the past. I personally couldn't stand it. The movement was awkward and it doesn't offer much resistance. It eventually became a clothes rack. JMO.
Used mine for weeks, then didn't for years. Like mammasita said; it doesn't offer much resistance. Initially I thought it was doing great for me, but realized what a waste of time it was.

I'm going to try my eliptical next, I'll do that on my "break" days. I'm finding over time that I don't like to take breaks, instead I'd rather do something very low impact just to keep my body moving. If that makes sense.
Iyakamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #6  
Just call me Dana

S/C/G: 185/177/135

Height: 5'7"

I've had a Gazelle for several years, and at first I used it (and liked it!) a lot. The resistance setting can be changed as you get stronger.

Unfortunately, my hip flexor always ends up aggravated after using it consistently. A PT friend suggested it's because the strides are too wide - and unadjustable - for my hips.

And I have to admit, although I got a decent cardio workout, it didn't seem to target the right muscles. It was fun while it lasted, though; I'd turn on TV and just watch while I exercised. The machine makes virtually no noise.

It was my exercise of choice when I lost over 30 pounds. If you can find one on Craigs List for cheap, why not give it a try?
FirstLove is offline   Reply With Quote