Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 2/19/12

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-26-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Mamakat~Your video is great!! I love how supportive your hubby is. Good for you for following through with your Rocky run. I'm not sure I could do it. Kudos to your hubby for doing a good job on the music and video. You look awesome!!

qtkitty~I know how you feel. I felt like that every morning this past week I had class. It is a four block walk to my building, heading North, usually with wind blowing across the pond on campus. That is hilarious about your dog and cat! That sounds like my older dog and the cat we used to have.

The Big Mac in a bowl is on my to-do list.

I'm am very irritated. The people I got Kallie from had three more puppies listed on Craigslist this morning. They made it sound like they just had her and needed to find a home for her on Thursday. Apparently they are backyard breeders. I'm so glad that we have Kallie but it just makes me so mad when people lie about stuff like that.

I did good yesterday. I spent the afternoon shopping with my friend and found a really cute shirt. We went out for the Mardi Gras celebration here last night. I was home by 12:30 and fast asleep a little after 1. I'm getting too old to party too hard. I'm still at 10 pounds lost but that's ok. A lot better than 10 pounds gained.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

erin if you suspect they might be up to no good, it might be worthwhile to call your local animal control/authorities.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday!

I'm not going to try and catch up the last two days (though it sounds like I missed a lot...A video Mamakat???).

Note to self: no more pizza! DD had a pizza/slumber party last night. I had one slice of cheese and one slice of pepperoni. That plus a little cake and ice cream and I'm 566 calories over for the day. WHAT???? Its the pizza that really set me back. I don't love it the way I used to so I don't crave it, but it smelled so good!. I thought I wouldn't be doing too much damage. Ha! Oh well. Lesson learned.

Monday and Tuesday are shaping up to be very busy at work, but I'll make it a point to check in at some point. I've got to stay accountable. I really want to get out of the 180's by mid-March.

Have a great, OP day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

I think I'm going to have a small square of almond milk chocolate today

Either that or a few spoonfuls of my mom's AWESOME granola...

Hmmm >_____>;
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

so i just came to the realization that my daily planner has smaller spaces for saturday and sunday, and i seem to have written over sunday with my saturday food.

so, i hereby declare sunday my "off" day where i don't count. i will still be mindful, but i just won't write everything down.

just had a big old cup of skim chocolate milk when i woke up, so i'm not up to a weigh in, haha. (Why do i want chocolate the very second i wake up?)
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valalltogether View Post
erin if you suspect they might be up to no good, it might be worthwhile to call your local animal control/authorities.
That isn't an option. We kind of live in the sticks and there aren't any authorities to call. There wouldn't be anything they could do anyway because there aren't any laws against breeding or misrepresenting yourself in ads like that.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Up one pound today. Not surprised as TTOM started today AND (forgot to mention this Mamakat) sauerkraut is high sodium.... But water weight will come off fast.

Taught today in Virginia and now I'm super glad for leftovers from the pork and cabbage from last night - yay! I hate having to cook after driving for an hour. Blah...

Not much else... Just tired today for some reason.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Mamakat~ For wildlife I do not move them a long way, but if a turtle was moving from one side of the road to another I moved them to the side they were going to. Now domesticated is a totally different story. I worked with the Humane Society capturing cats and having them spayed or neutered and rabies shots and replaced ( some businesses were okay with this after you explained that if those cats were there and not having kittens then they would protect their territory and it was less likely they would have a cat explosion). I had a room that we used after the cats got back from surgery because someone had to keep the females for I think it was a month after so they could heal. I had one I could not return to the location. I actually had to open the window ( first floor ) and let the cat jump out !! The cat would FLIP out if you even looked at it.

I have had moments when I thought I saw things..but.. I haven’t in a loooong time .. I think that the place I lived in before moving back here had wiring issues and the electromagnetic interference was making me hallucinate. Right after I had my daughter I kept seeing stuff in the door way, which freaked me out.

As long as he doesn’t decide to run around the block naked it would be ok *lol*

DiabeticDiva~ I do not take any medicines, but I think water weight is the same for everyone in theory. You can not loose more water weight then you have available ( or you become dehydrated). So if you weigh 260 on Monday morning and during that Day lets say you eat something high in sodium or do not take your BP meds or something that will effect water retention then Tuesday morning you weigh 265 then Tuesday you do well and keep water retention factors in check then Wednesday You weigh in at your lowest at 259.5. I think you could say the extra loss would be from weight loss not water loss.

Erin~ Hmmmm could it be that they are rescuing animals? Hey I can hope they are trying to do good right …

Berry~ sounds like you have a long day

and .... down another .2 ... for me

I forgot to mention that yesterday I did a little over 30 minutes of Nickalodeon Dance. Dd loooved it ... d-d-d-d Dora *lol*

Last edited by qtkitty; 02-19-2012 at 04:03 PM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1620 Calories + More calories than I normally have for the day. I had a "thing" with a dark chocolate bar

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (750 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 Calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories

Dinner/Snack (505 Calories)
English Muffin 100 calories
Cottage cheese w/pumpkin butter + cinnamon 150 calories
1 1/2 bars dark chocolate 255

Exercise:
#10 SD Recovery Lower Body w/10's
#10 SD Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-19-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 371.4

Breakfast
Eggs in a Cloud ( Flavored with real bacon bits and cheddar cheese )258
Sub Total 258

Lunch
Dark Chocolate 170
KFC Double Down ( minus 1 slice cheese ) 480 ( if the chicken had been grilled it would have tasted better but as it was it was sort of stomach curling .. Not getting that again bleck)
Sub Total 650

Dinner
4 oz Pork Tenderloin 154
1/2c Rice 104
1c Green Beans 40
1/2c Carrots 35
1c. Whole Strawberries 46
6oz Lemon Greek Yogurt 140
Sub Total 519

Daily Total 1427

Water 72

I was thinking here today if for those who are low carbing it ... if you could bake some egg whites til they are done and use them as bread.... could be an interesting experiment ...
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Smile hello ladies

Hi all,

I've fallen off the face of the planet. I didn't intend to but it just sort of happened. I have now been at my new job around 6 weeks and it's been great! The last month has been a whirlwind trying to figure out how everything works and then delivering my first major project. I presented it to some customers this past week at a work conference in Las Vegas! Crazy! Anyway, on the work front, everything is peachy. I am busy and feel challenged every day. If you all only knew how miserable I was at my last job all last year, you could understand how amazing this is for me!

On the working out front, I did run my first half marathon on January 28th! I didn't run it super fast, it took me 2 hours and 51 minutes but I finished it! I can knock that off my list of accomplishments

I am going to run the New York City half marathon on March 18th so I have some time to at least try to get a little faster.

I was trying to be really conservative when I ran my first half because I didn't want to end up dehydrated so at every aid station, I would stop for a minute or two and just relax then start up again. I figure now that I know how much water I might need that I can improve my time by a few minutes by cutting down how much time I ended up "resting" at each aid stations along the way.

After that half marathon, my body was wiped out. I took a week off from any physical activity and then slowly ran only about twice/week since then.

I did run yesterday and now I planned out my week of exercises so I can get back on track. My next milestone at work won't be for another month or two so I have some time to figure out how to balance everything!

On the weight front, I am still at 167, and therefore 30 pounds lost! Food wise, I have been slightly more liberal but haven't really binged which is good for me. I need to cut down on some added sugar (curse you girl scout cookies) but overall my food choices have been ok. If i eat too much at lunch or dinner, I try to balance it out the next meal.

Even though I haven't been around, I just wanted to share that you all have been on my mind and I hope everyone is on track to achieving their goals!

Last edited by solarplant; 02-20-2012 at 02:15 AM.
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great week!

Calories for yesterday: 1620 + (higher than I aim for, OOPS! I also got all my water in today. I rarely drink enough water on the weekend.)
Weigh In: 148
No Change
Old 02-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #14  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday Morning WI 198.6 down 4.4lbs from last week. Awesome

Good Morning Everyone,
Now that I have reached my goal of being under 200 it's back to meeting other goals. Like next one being 90lbs down. I can't wait til I can say a 100lbs down. It sounds super impressive

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the video, I really did have a fun time doing it. It's funny to watch and I love that it's out there as a milestone reached. I can always go back and look and maybe even compare. I'm glad that it happened this weekend and that my DH got to experience it with me, that was very cool and supportive of him. He posted it on his facebook page and most of them comments were, yay and congrats then they said he was a super guy. I'd guess you'd have to be to live with me.

solarplant welcome back, everything sounds like it's going wonderfully for you. Awesome job on the marathon!

qtkitty did your dd join you in the dance? I worked out on Saturday in front of my dd, I think it got her motivated. They just want to beat my score, but they are getting exercise at the same time. I love it. It's about time (although this is super old now) that video games and exercise is incorporated. I love too, that the Wii always suggest to get up and stretch, maybe even go outside for a bit. A conscious video system, love it!

Berry OMG I went over 200 yesterday I dropped it quickly enough though. I got worried for a second that it wasn't the real deal then I read your post It didn't taste salty at all, I even asked DH if he wanted the salt...I don't add it to my food, even though I should here and there because of the Lithium leaching. But it was good and I have pork left overs for lunch Thanks again.

Moondance Yup, a video of me running up a flight of stairs to my DH humming/singing the Rocky theme. I was celebrating being under 200. It's funny now that I think about it, this is the first time in a couple of years any film has got a shot of me (full length), except our hikes this past summer because those were taken to watch me change. Last year at this time, I was using a cane and couldn't climb stairs...times sure did change...I feel like running up them again. I'm so happy, no more cane!

OK all caught up. The kids are off this week and DH is out of state. He already prepared first day's meal, I just have to plug it in. I also have to make my own coffee, which is gonna be rough since I don't have an excuse to roll out of bed. Only two appts this week and they are in the afternoon. And I gotta get a refill of my Levoxyl...I did it again, I let it run out! Ugh, I hate not having Walgreen's call up anymore. Why!!!!! OK, I gotta get the coffee, I am sure these headaches are because of them now. They go away after first mug. SO time to make the coffee.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

131.2 this morning.

Calories yesterday: No clue, I don't count them XP
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote