General chatter - What is your greatest simple pleasure?

fitness4life
02-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Mine is seeing the Northern Lights. I saw faint green Northern Lights tonight as I finished a long drive home. It just put the spunk in my trunk! I love that! It's so cool!

What amazes you?

Sinoia
02-19-2012, 02:34 AM
My partner .... every day =)

sontaikle
02-19-2012, 03:20 AM
The look on one of my students' faces when they finally "get" something that has been giving them trouble for a long time. I work with students with special needs so sometimes that thing they don't get is easy for everyone else and they get quite frustrated.

Whenever I help them finally understand it and I see that look on their faces? Well...it's just one of the reasons I went into this profession :)

TiffNeedsChange
02-19-2012, 04:40 AM
When I get home from a long day at school and my son runs up to be screams "HI MOMMY!!" and hugs my legs with all of his might :)I. He is 2 years old and he makes my day.

Beach Patrol
02-19-2012, 10:03 AM
All of nature amazes me, in all its many forms. I love a blue-sky sunny day at the beach & a rainy Sunday morning all the same. To watch puppies play, or see a dolphin fin in the surf; hear the sounds of a raging river or smell the salt air; the brilliance of a thunderstorm or the quiet end-of-day low-tide; the sheer beauty of a full-moon and a thousand stars; the wonder of clouds rolling on the horizon; the trees swaying in the gentle breeze; the feel of the first nip of coldness in the air in autumn, the excitement of spring's first blooms...

I'm a pantheist, and I love it. :)

JudgeDread
02-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Mine is seeing the Northern Lights. I saw faint green Northern Lights tonight as I finished a long drive home. It just put the spunk in my trunk! I love that! It's so cool!

What amazes you?

I miss catching those northern lights...I used to live in MN...now in NM..no lights:( This year and next should be a great show too..major solor storms coming up.

They are the most beautiful lights I have ever seen.

JoJoP
02-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Chocolate?

>______>;;

But really, cuddling up with my kitties ^^

EZMONEY
02-19-2012, 11:24 AM
My, almost 11 month old, GRANDdaughter...

Seeing those two little arms reaching out for me to hold her...

which she does all the time....

not hatin' that one bit! ;)

dstalksalot
02-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Seeing the Northern Lights is on my bucket list.

I love hearing a really hearty laugh, especially from my children.

I am amazed by a super talented singer (Broadway, opera...) I love the feeling of watching a really really amazing movie for the first time. I guess I enjoy watching talent at work.

Huzzahforska
02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Hearing from any of my friends from back home.. it always makes my day.

PinkJealousy
02-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Seeing my family together. Truly love them all, I hate when they are so busy.

dragonwoman64
02-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Spring!! and it looks like it's coming in mid February here this year, which is amazing. We have a botanic garden nearby, and the cherry tree petals that blow in the wind is like this delicate snowfall, it's lovely.

I'm a big animal lover too, so my cat gives me many moments of simple pleasure, and other pets I know, ha.

Knitting is another simple pleasure of mine.

konfyoozed
02-19-2012, 05:03 PM
finally putting the very last piece into a jigsaw puzzle. especially a 1000 piece puzzle.

ERHR
02-19-2012, 05:53 PM
hot showers

Seeing the Northern Lights is one of my life goals!

Zeitgeist
02-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Sitting in the sun; a walk through the woods.

Lori Bell
02-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Finding a nice fresh patch of morel mushrooms in the woods...Oh, it's just the most amazing feeling ever!

Oh, and listening to my very talented son play his trumpet. Wow, sometimes it brings tears to my eyes...he's that good! :)

tessendicott
02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Curling up under warm blankets on a cold day (which we rarely get in GA) and reading a book.

willbeayummymummy
02-19-2012, 09:11 PM
the cold side of the pillow and my hair being played with when im cuddling into my fantastic man and of course seeing my baby girl smile.x

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Oh, there are so many, but one of my most favorites is a nice fire: whether it be in a beautiful, crackling fireplace or an outdoor bonfire. I find them so mesmerizing, warm, and peaceful.

I saw an awesome display of Northern Lights up here from our back yard a few+ years back, as well as a wonderful lightening display one time too. We live in the north and that year, the northern light show came more than once. We also had some awesome rainbows that year and I have some nice pics of that too. It was a spectacular year for natural phenomenum ... :D

evilwomaniamshe
02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Automatic bun warmer in my SUV! :)

Ciao
02-19-2012, 09:42 PM
the scrunched-up face of my baby sister when she insists on being cute.

my fiance's feet intertwined with mine when my little toes are frozen.

hot mint tea on bitter cold mornings.

reading a good book while taking a hot bath after a long day.

when a customer at my work (i work at a fast-food restaurant) tells me they appreciate what a good attitude i have.

crocheting a baby blanket for my friend who is due this summer.

actually being able to lay down and watch television.

i live a busy lifestyle, so when i find time to relax- even if it's for a second- i savor it and appreciate it immensely.

Ciao
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Oh, there are so many, but one of my most favorites is a nice fire: whether it be in a beautiful, crackling fireplace or an outdoor bonfire. I find them so mesmerizing, warm, and peaceful.

oh yes!
i remember growing up in the rural country and during the winter instead of paying to re-fill the propane tank each month, my family would throw some logs into the fireplace we'd enjoy falling asleep by the warm fire.

that's one of the few things i'll miss about the country when i move to new york city.

124chicksinger
02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Music.

Sactolady
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Seeing the flowers and trees in bloom in the spring. It's a beautiful sight, and reminds me that the cold weather will soon be gone.

einszwei
02-20-2012, 12:00 AM
eating chocalate cake does it for me

ICUwishing
02-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Giving my pet rabbit such a good stroking that his teeth chatter.
Sipping a really top-notch single malt Scotch in front of a fire.
Being anywhere that's so dark at night that the Milky Way is visible.
The Double Dark chocolate truffles from Chocolate Garden - extremely rare treats that are so luscious your eyes can't stay open when you bite into one.
Laughing so hard that I'm out of breath.

XLMuffnTop
02-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Music that makes my spine tingle!

Also, when my son or daughter curl up on my lap and fall asleep with their head on my chest. It won't be too long and they'll never do it again. I have to really savor each moment.

CanadianCutie
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
My fiance.
Slowly petting my cats til they fall asleep, and start snoring.
Crocheting while watching TV/Movies.

begoodjen
02-20-2012, 12:13 PM
All of nature amazes me, in all its many forms. I love a blue-sky sunny day at the beach & a rainy Sunday morning all the same. To watch puppies play, or see a dolphin fin in the surf; hear the sounds of a raging river or smell the salt air; the brilliance of a thunderstorm or the quiet end-of-day low-tide; the sheer beauty of a full-moon and a thousand stars; the wonder of clouds rolling on the horizon; the trees swaying in the gentle breeze; the feel of the first nip of coldness in the air in autumn, the excitement of spring's first blooms...

This. And red wine. :)

krampus
02-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Coming home after work to an empty house and blasting my choice of music until my roommate gets back.

Hearing robins and other morning birds when I wake up in the morning.

Wearing slippers and PJs and drinking hot herbal tea before bed.

Going outside for the first time on a nice day.

fitness4life
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I have such a warm smile on my face reading all of those replies. I think this place (3FC) is filled with lovers of life and that just confirmed it.

I wish all of you at least one of your simple pleasures every day.

:)

redautumn
02-21-2012, 01:26 PM
A big hug from my dd when I get home from work. Summer evenings right before the sun sets. Girl Scout Thin Mints.

ddc
02-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Watching my daughter dance. And hugging her.
Seeing my son in a mountain bike race. And hugging him.
Having my dog come over to me just to get her head rubbed.

vixxi
02-21-2012, 03:22 PM
:val2:I love laughing with my fiance'. It feels so good to just enjoy someone's company and have a great laugh together.

Also, a big nature fan here, so anyting in nature I take pleasure in.

My dog. I was just thinking this today, he's always so good at making me feel better, when I'm not feeling good and take a nap, he's right there with me snoring away. And my cats, all my furbabies make me feel so good!

marmar09
02-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Feeling loved by my family. :)

Oh and right now, a 4.0. LOL

pixeldust
02-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Watching the changing scenery from my train window.

PrincessSophia
02-24-2012, 03:08 AM
family and nature - yes...
But this week I wanted a glass of red wine and a couple hours (days) with my favorite computer games - heroes of might and magic.

VermontMom
02-26-2012, 09:56 PM
These are all so great to read!

Coffee on the deck, on a June morning, around 5:15 a.m.

Slipping into bed when it was laundry day. Best if the sheets were dried outside, but even machine-dried is wonderful; clean, slightly-bleachy-fresh sheets, cotton blanket and comforter, ahhh.

The crazed, ecstatic greeting my dog gives me when I get home :D

puneri
02-26-2012, 10:44 PM
See my youngest grandson.

philana
02-27-2012, 08:35 AM
My favorite thing in the world is travelling by train. I've done it a lot and just enjoy it so much.

fitness4life
02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
These are all so great to read!

Coffee on the deck, on a June morning, around 5:15 a.m.

Slipping into bed when it was laundry day. Best if the sheets were dried outside, but even machine-dried is wonderful; clean, slightly-bleachy-fresh sheets, cotton blanket and comforter, ahhh.

The crazed, ecstatic greeting my dog gives me when I get home :D

The sheet thing...freshly laundered sheets are my aphrodisiac! Well, one of them, anyway. :D

suzukigurl
03-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Every evening right before my son (he's 2) goes to bed we sit on the floor in his room and he wraps his arms around my neck and we huge. Those few minutes we sit there and hug are the most pure, awesome, important moments in my day!!!!

vwdeano
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
A nice cup of hazelnut coffee... Mmmm, hazelnut...

And I foster doggies(have for about three years, since my elderly Chihuahua passed), so when my sick/abused doggies turn around and behave like doggies again, that is the BEST! When they can finally play and trust humans again, its soooo wonderful.

PrettyMom09
03-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Hearing my daughters' conversations when they are playing pretend. They are 7 and 6 years old, and they have so much imagination! It makes me want to be a kid again.

MoveMoveMove
03-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Holding babies.

The laughter of children.

Sunsets.

The color purple in nature.

A good storm with heavy rain, thunder, lightening - when I don't have to get out in it. I lived in WA state for a few years and I missed the thunder so much.. Now that I think about it, we haven't been getting a lot of it in TX lately.

Precious Little
03-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Inhaling the earthy smell of the forest after it's been raining (it's relaxing but invigorating at the same time)... then running through it, sucking in big lungfuls of air :)

DesertTabby
03-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Seeing green grass and trees. I live in the desert with not much in terms of green vegetation; so when I go to places that actually has forests and grass I am constantly amazed by their beauty.

The few days when my family finally gets together and we have a great time. It reminds me of when we were much younger and all lived under one roof. Looove those days.

When my nieces/nephews have a sudden urge to express their love to me by spontaneous hugs, love notes/letters and random comments about how much they care about me (or how much I lost weight!) Always cheers me up. They are the reason I would even consider having a child.

rachaelm
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Sitting on my front porch, enjoying the beautiful spring growth, reading a book. *sigh* i wish I was there right now.

Jacks Big Mama
03-07-2012, 01:26 PM
When my son (18 months) gives me a kiss! (He's stingy with his kisses....way too stingy!) Makes my whole day! :)

summerlove
03-07-2012, 01:49 PM
My boyfriend <3

Sleeping in.

Long night drives.

pluckypear
03-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Having a mug of coffee in the early morning and planning my day.
Having my cats sleeping in my lap.
Swimming.
Massage.
My DH's arms wrapped around me as he sleeps.
A good book.
A phone chat or real chat with a friend over tea.
A home cooked meal.
Trees, big trees.

Serval87
03-09-2012, 06:42 PM
All of nature. Animals too. I find myself constantly in awe of how beautiful everything is. GOD is truly an artist. :)

Walking just after sunrise, even better if it's drizzling rain. I love rain.

Sleeping in on rainy days.

Music (usually opera or broadway, but if something hits me just right it doesn't have to just be in those genres). Sometimes you just hear a melody or a voice that just lifts you. I love that!

Writing. I get a sense of accomplishment that nothing can compare to when I've written something.