South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, February 16

... and today is Linda Day! Of course I woke up with the start of a cold which I will tackle with Cold-FX very shortly. I also can't find my cell phone which I know I had on Sunday. It may be in the car! Never mind! Once Linda is here we'll laugh away all problems.

I hope your day started well and is as much fun as mine is going to be.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth I sure hope you can stop that cold in its tracks. Have a great day with Linda!

I'm letting my husband have my nice car today, while his crappy car is getting brakes. So I have to stay in today..that's ok, there is lots to do. ONe thing I'm going to experiment with, is sugar-free jello and yogurt. I guess I have to dissolve the jello, let it cool a bit, then stir it into the yogurt, to make it jell? we'll see.

hope everyone has an on-program day!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone, can't believe it is already Thursday, this week has been so busy and is just flying by.

Plan is working good for me. Sounds like you guys have all been busy busy busy.

Holly wish I had a stay home day today. Enjoy most of it if you can.

I need another cup of coffee yet.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm excited for Ruth and Linda! Have fun...we want to hear all about your adventures!

VermontMom (aka ... cupcake!) - Mmmmm....that sounds delish! Let me know if you like it!

We have a school delay here today, due to ice, so it is nice and quiet!! Guess I'll have to bring them to work with me, not sure how I'll get them to school yet!! Otherwise, Walter (the kitten) finds it necessary to lay across me purring in the mornings with my laptop on and feet up. Everyone should have a Walter!

Eating still going well. I might run over to Macy's today...I bought my daughter the CUTEST coat the other day...normally 95 bucks, I paid $5.93!! Now, I might get some to donate, and then check out things for ME!!

(GASP - the Walter just went to the end table, and almost knocked down my wine glass from last night....THAT is off limits!! tee hee hee)

Chickadee - good morning!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-16-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's an at home day, definitely a pleasant break from the driving. Of course I've got work and errands and lots of chores but it will be lovely to just be around here all day

Ruth & Cottage - I know you two are going to have a wonderful time

Holly - that's very nice of you. Enjoy your weekend and some quiet at home time

Chickadee - Hope your work day whizzes by without any craziness and you're back home relaxing soon.

Twynn- Wow, usually cats are so good at respecting our boundaries and limits Happy shopping

Time to make myself some breakfast and get a list going for the day. Happy Thursday friends

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-16-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth and Linda have a great time visiting

Hello to everyone else, hope everyone has a great day. Tonight or early tomorrow morning we are leaving for my parents so I will be MIA for a few days.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth and Linda, have fun!!!

Cyndi, enjoy your day at home! You deserve it. Glad to hear Julie's procedure went well and that she was ok to come home!

Pearlrose, safe travels!

chickadeee, tomorrow IS Friday!

Holly, how nice of you to let DH have the good car. A day home is good.

Twynn, love your coat deal! I'm needing to start watching for some expensive turtlenecks to go on sale. I need a new one for Alaska.

Mom had a successful eye treatment yesterday. Food was not as great. Mom bought us a rib dinner for Valentines so we had that last night. I was MIA early because DH and I need to run to the next "village" to do some banking and stop by HDepot and the health food store. I was thinking smart and talked him into helping me wash down the entire kitchen. I just have a few more put backs then we're off.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Afternoon all,

No surgery needed on the knee and have to go to PT but I should be back to work on Tuesday. Which is both good and bad news, lol.

Cyndi - glad to hear Julie is home!
Ruth - Feel better!
Holly - I just pour the mix into the yogurt. Greek yogurt is pretty thick anyway so it doesn't really need to jell.
Chick & Debbie -
Twynn - I LOVE me a good deal! Hope you are able to snag something else great.
Pearl - Have a nice trip!

My eating is still not where it needs to be. I am only eating once or twice day and not enough veggies to really be SBD worthy but all that I am eating is on plan at the very least. I am sure when I get back into the swing of things, I will go back to eating more regularly.

Have a good day all...happy Thursday.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good afternoon

sorry I have been missing. I have been ill since last Thursday night. Things are still not 100%.

Ruth and Linda have a great time.

Cyndi - glad that Julie is at home and hoping all goes well.

Everyone else hope things are going great your way. March is here soon.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Popping in to say 'good afternoon' to everyone

I did experiment with a low/no carb BBQ sauce and posted it here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc...ml#post4218462 and I will use it tonight for everyone's baked chicken.

and regarding the yogurt/jello deal...I wanted to use the less expensive store brand yogurt, I do love the thickness of Greek, but was being cheap After going through the trouble (well, not really trouble) of dissolving the jello in a little hot water, stirring madly, then adding a small amount of yogurt to that and stirring/heating, then dumping that back into the big bowl...I think that from now on I will just pour the dry mix into my yogurt, lol, as Jenne says.

Last edited by VermontMom; 02-16-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #11  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Meant to get on this thread earlier so I could start getting to know everyone better, but what a day! Actually got out for a walk - me and my just as lazy dog - and beat the rain. Need to make a commitment to regular exercise. Not my favorite thing, as much as I want to be active and enjoy getting outside. Just prefer to get active with purpose - like getting somewhere on a bike or doing some of that heavy-duty gardening that comes in the spring and the fall.

Just added a weight ticker -- based it on the last time my doctor weighed me and am guessing at the loss based on the fit of my clothes - I don't own a scale. Seriously considering, for the first time in my life, joining a gym!

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Closed Thread