Other Reduced Carb Diets - Easter Challenge

View Full Version : Easter Challenge

rho1640
02-14-2012, 06:08 PM
So .... I thought we should move the challenge thread over to this forum - I was thinking that maybe people not doing strict Atkins might feel odd posting in a challenge on the Atkins forum. And hoping to bring more folks into the challenge since more people equals more fun.

The challenge can be whatever you decide it should be - it can be a specific amount of weight - or days totally on whatever variation of the plan you are doing - or a combination of both. Just remember to make the goal something that you can attain maybe something that will stretch your resolve a bit but something do-able. If you set a weight goal and surpass it that is great. You can always add a few pounds more to your goal..

So the dates of the Challenge will be Wednesday February 15 thru Sunday April 8th 2012 -

Come on in and join - it makes it fun and reading and posting here daily helps keep me going ..

GemIAm
02-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Hmm...Since we have about 8 weeks, I think my Easter challenge is going to be to shed 25 pounds between Feb 16th (my weigh-in day) and Easter Sunday.

I wish I were "in tune" with this enough to know what size pants that might be...:bunny2:

StephanieM
02-14-2012, 07:10 PM
I was thinking of setting a goal of 15 lbs... but now that I think about how it is 8 weeks I want to raise it to 20 just to motivate myself to exercise more. I won't be heartbroken if I lose only 15 ;)

AnaBee
02-14-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm still thinking about my goal. I've had such a frustrating few months, with my christmas gain being utterly unlosable in January and February's loses have been so slooooooooooooooooooow.

I think my goals are:
- stay on plan each day
- walk the equivalent of 45 mins per day (.e. 315 minutes total for the week) but can divide up over the week however I please.
- get 7 hours sleep minimum per night.

If I do this, the weight loss should take care of itself.

VioletBee
02-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Challenge accepted! LOL. I'm new to the site and new a kick in the butt; I need to lose some weight. I'm not sure what I should make my goal. It took me six months to lose ten pounds. I'm sure what I can achieve in eight weeks. I will shoot for ten and see where this takes me.

AnaBee
02-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Violet, LOL at your name, we're twins!

Welcome!

rho1640
02-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Yay let's all try to check in at least once a day!

We are doing our Valentines dinner tonight instead of last night - we've been doing lots of work in the house and yesterday was washing curtains - I am sooo allergic to dust and had such a reaction to it yesterday that I said why have lobster when you can't fully enjoy it. I was feeling a bit sad that I didn't get a card from hubs and then we were delaying dinner and then thought about my dear friend who was coming home from vacation alone yesterday because her husband died on that vacation and realized how lucky and blessed I was to have hubs around to help even without a card ...

Another thing I am challenging myself to during this time is sitting down with sales flyers and planning my shopping and menu for the week and sticking to it. I usually would plan so many chicken so many beef so many pork dinners then wing it in what recipe I was going to use --- But I'm going to work on figuring it all out at once and be sure that I have everything on hand so I don't have to do emergency runs to the grocery store

4myloves
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Count me in for the challenge. My goal is to stay OP, taking it one-day-at-a-time. I'd also like to get some exercise in, since it's starting to say light later (and time does change in March :carrot: ).

We're going to Branson the last week-end in April, so I think my Easter Challenge weight-wise goal will be to fit into a tight size 16 so I can shop at some "normal" size stores while we're there--If I can stick to my WOE and get in some exercise, I should be able to!

StephanieM
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
189.8, already easing in to the challenge!

GemIAm
02-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Had my "Beginning of Easter Challenge" weigh in this morning - I have lost exactly 20 lbs. since 1/14/12! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
I AM proud of myself. I now weigh 258.6 and my goal is to weigh 233.6 or less by Easter!

Happy HumpDay! :wave:

One for each 5 lbs that have "left the building!"
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Mini-Goals:
Started Ideal Protein Diet on 1/14/12 w/ over 100 lbs to lose (278.6).
Goal 1: Lose 20 lbs (258.6) ~ 2/15/12 ~
My Reward: Electrolysis for eyebrows and upper lip!
20% of the way there YeeHaw!
Goal 2: :bunny: EASTER CHALLENGE ~ Drop 25 lbs (233.6 or better)between 2/15 & Easter (4/8/2012)

aud
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi All!:hug: Psyched and ready to go!:carrot:

It's my night shift "morning" and just weighed in to see I finally got my "whooosh!" Funny what staying OP will do for a girl? :dizzy: A day late for the VDay weigh in - but hey - I'll take it!

I've got to slurp some more coffee before setting a goal . . . want to be realistic but just not awake enough.

Think it's a great idea that we've moved over from Atkins - it IS motivating to see and read along with everyone here!

The "breading" we used in the fry daddy for the chicken and later the fish strips was essentially pork rinds pounded to a powder mixed with parmesan. Seasoned a bit differently for each meat---like old bay for the fish and paprika for the chicken (with garlic and onion powder etc in both . . . DH added red pepper flakes for a bite to his chicken) - they just turned out awesome looking and yum. I also made an induction friendly cheesecake . . . got it cut up in tiny squares and ready to snack on when tempted to cheat.

Going broke buying half and half and heavy whipping cream for sure tho.

Will come back and post goals . . . love the ones on here already . . . sensible and "food for thought?";)

aud
02-15-2012, 05:43 PM
At this point, thinking I just gotta go for it. . . . and having been this heavy before, I know this is the time that the most actual weight will come off in big numbers so am going for 30lbs by Easter Morning . . . with mini goal half of that at the halfway St. Pats. The closer I get to 200 is when the weight will come off more slowly . . .

*Stay on Induction
*Exercise (walking or biking) on days off
*Office stuff OR floor exercise when watching tv (I've got literally BAGS of filing stored that I need to go through--remnants of the last time I was in office) Clutter is really bad for my overall state of mind, ya know?

Dreamt of lobster last nite rho . . . was it great? Tx so much for starting this one up!:carrot:

I wanted to make a goal to journal like you steph, but think I will just come here and post daily to stay accountable, for now. If I run into problems, I do have a diary type book I can start logging. I weigh daily like you do as well, just cuz I need the focus at the beginning.

Congrats on the loss gem . . . I grew up with horses and ponies.

Branson is a day trip away for me here, 4my, and my niece (adult) and her fam have the season pass . . . so not sure why I haven't been there in years lol . . . great goal! We are tentatively planning a NYC trip in July with same niece . . . she said its a LOT of walkwalkwalking . . . definitely not ready for that yet!

Really like your goals anabee:hug: . . . love your spirit and how you keep at it. We can do this!

CYA all after the nite shift . . .

aud
02-15-2012, 05:53 PM
ETA: Hi and Welcome to our nuBee>Violetbee!:hug: I think you will love 3fc and the motivation to be found here - awesome folks.

Here's the cheesecake I'm keeping handy . . . just knowing I have it in the fridge is keeping me from feeling "deprived" as skinny Hub scarfs all the half-price Vday candy I got him in the Wee hours last nite/Walgreens:o:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheesecake_squares.html

CHEESECAKE SQUARES
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2-3/4 cup Da Vinci sugar free syrup, vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then the remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a buttered 8x8" baking pan. Bake 350 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the cheesecake is golden brown on top. Cool completely before cutting; chill well before serving.

Makes 9 servings
Freezing not recommended

Per Serving: 204 Calories; 20g Fat; 5g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Linda says> "I used 1/2 cup syrup and it was only mildly sweet. I served it with Splenda sweetened raspberries as shown in the photo. This was pretty good, but has a bit of an eggy taste. Serve without the berries for induction."

AnaBee
02-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone! Stayed on (my) plan yesterday, yay. I'm out of flax again and I'm not going to buy any for a while as I think it ups my calories too much, it's quite calorie-dense and then I add a tonne of butter... This morning for breakfast I had coconut milk with protein powder and half a splenda packet...sounds weird but quite tasty. I guess technically it's a shake but I have it in a bowl with a spoon because bowls are easier to wash than the shaker thing. I used to find shakes made me hungry, but coconut milk is super filling (all that fat!) and it does a better job of cutting the protein powder taste (I get the plain protein powder).

Still feel super bloated from TOM... even my ankles swell!

airomatic
02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey all I am new to this site and ready to jump back on the Atkins wagon after falling off 4 months ago due to a back injury. I am hoping a challenge is the motivation I need to make it past the initial carb withdrawal and stay on track. I have two goals: lose 15 pounds by Easter and start exercising at least twice a week.

StephanieM
02-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Welcome airomatic :)

lcard
02-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Hmm...Since we have about 8 weeks, I think my Easter challenge is going to be to shed 25 pounds between Feb 16th (my weigh-in day) and Easter Sunday.

I wish I were "in tune" with this enough to know what size pants that might be...:bunny2:

Hi there! I like your challenge!! I'll go with yours as well! Let's support each other! I also love horses :)

StephanieM
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
189.6 today, still losing just not as quickly.

I told myself I would cheat if my husband got me something Reese peanut butter and chocolately for Valentines, but he didn't. I was feeling sad but kinda glad because it will keep me on plan. He ended up giving me one of the chocolates I bought him and I savoured it for sooooo long haha. It was small but a whopping 5 carbs.

Starting a new strength training plan for the next four weeks, hope this helps bring the weight down faster :) My husband has kindly reminded me when the snow goes it will be bear season here and he'll have to get me bear mace if I want to take walks with our daughter. One thing after another huh?

4myloves
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
It's Thursday! That means I've been on plan FOUR DAYS in a row!! Now, if I can make it through the week-end, maybe I'll have good results on my Monday weigh in.

Aud: before I had the babies (4 & 2), my mom and I would go to Branson 3 or 4 time/year. Just to go. We live about 5 hours from there and we love it. I've been thinking about switching up to Nashville (Opryland) since I've had the kids, but I'm waiting till they get a little older. Plus, I don't know as much about Nashville and the unknown makes me nervous!

StephanieM: Isn't it sad how many carbs such a teeny-tiny little piece of chocolate has? Sigh. Thank goodness for the occasional Quest bar!

Hope everyone has no problem staying OP and has a great weigh-in as a result! Still no exercise for me, because I've been working late & it's been cold and rainy (yeah, I know--excuses, excuses). I will get better.

My goal for Monday is to be able to move my tracker from a 43-lb. loss to a 45-lb. loss!!

rho1640
02-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Morning everyone - thrilled to see so many people here and with such great goals!

The lobster was yummy last night - one of my challenge things is that we are going to be sure to eat at least one seafood meal a week so I guess that counts for this week huh :D. Next week I think we may see if the market has some wild salmon - then starts mostly local fresh stuff from then on. Been hungry for Wasabi Glazed Salmon for awhile and I serve it with spinach. Soo yummy.

Have got to get a zip up three ring binder holder so I can organize my menu and shopping/sale (maybe even try coupons) area. Um can you tell part of my resolutions for the year is to get more organized in my life and health. Life includes things like house cleaning and organizing - and tossing stuff and giving stuff away and donating things that we haven't used and don't absolutely love. And health is my live-it and exercise (still struggling with that one) and getting more consistent with taking my supplements ... I'm doing my own version of Flylady (much like I do my own version of Atkins/LC diet) so my thoughts are that it may all take time but it will happen and I will learn the new habits to go along with these things as I go along. So all together it falls into my new LIve-it.

Gotta love Linda's recipe site - it's my first go to site for recipes - I'm going to try her White Castle hamburger pie tonight - have knitting tonight at the library so I can make this ahead and it will just need to warm it up when I get home - not sure if hubs will eat at home or at the FD drill tonight.. BTW If you haven't tried the Lasagna Stuffed Peppers do - they are super ...

By the end of tonight's knitting I should have this sock done and starting on sock two. I love knitting toe up socks - easy to cart around - can do it without much thought and quick projects ... Little goals like everything else in my life. ;)

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!

4myloves
02-16-2012, 01:58 PM
By the end of tonight's knitting I should have this sock done and starting on sock two. I love knitting toe up socks - easy to cart around - can do it without much thought and quick projects ... Little goals like everything else in my life.

I can crochet socks, but knitting them is beyond me. Anything that takes more than two needles leaves me a confused mass.

StephanieM
02-16-2012, 04:30 PM
rho, I crochet little socks for my daughter, I love how easy it is!

I think this baby is making me lazy. She's only a month and a half so she's still sleepy all the time but has trouble staying asleep at times. It doesn't help that I'm tired and I know she'll sleep if I hold her. What happens is we end up cuddling and napping together haha. I only get a few hours sleep at night so I know the nap is justified but I really need to get my butt moving.

AnaBee
02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Aww, Stephanie, she sounds so cute! And I meant to say before, I think it's awesome you've gotten started so fast after she was born. It must be easy to let that go for awhile.

Rho, I have to take a million pills for my various health issues and I keep them all lined up where I can see them. Not terribly attractive but it helps me remember. And it becomes a habit when you take them every night (and morning in my case).

Yay for four days in a row 4myloves! I hope you have great loss on monday (btw, I always read that as "amyloves")

I'm sleeping over at the museum with the brownies tonight, should be fun but I'm a bit apprehensive about not getting any sleep after the week I've had at work. They are getting pizza and a donut for dinner (!) but I can't eat either since I'm gluten intolerant, so I've made chicken curry with veges and I'll eat at work before I leave to meet them. I have some little salami sticks too, they were a good find at the supermarket, hope they are tasty. It was hard thinking of snacks that were low carb, gluten free, didn't require refrigeration and didn't have nuts (two of the girls have allergies) or dairy (I'm experimenting with dairy free, though still eating butter and not fussing about trace amounts)

lcard
02-17-2012, 12:05 AM
This was my first week on high protein - no carb - Atkins - and I feel great....but I do miss bread! LOL! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels thou eh!!!

AnaBee
02-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Glad you're feeling good Lcard! Isn't it great?

If you miss bread, the muffin in a minute (MIM) made with ground flax is really good. More cake-like even than bread :-)

Just one thing... Atkins isn't really high protein, it's adequate protein. Bizarre as it feels at first, we get most of our calories from fat :-) If you tell people high protein they'll freak out at you about kidney problems, but I've found when I eat low carb I'm not eating anymore protein than I did previously.

aud
02-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Just popping in to read along (HI ALL!:hug:) before I pass out . . . and want to add seafood to my goal now--at LEAST once a week, and more when I can. Already getting stuck in beef/pork ideas only.

A co-worker and I joined a six-month "fitness challenge" at work today:carrot: . . . we're trying to win humongous flat screen tv"s . . not sure of the details other than we weighed in and a trainer gave us routines to do in the weight room . . . we're shooting for M/W & TH work outs.

Been so busy . . . seems like OT on nite shift is harder than days?

StephanieM
02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
AnaBee, I have issues with gluten too! I cut it out for a year and I found it really helped with the weight loss. That's why I like Atkins, you don't have to worry about eating wheat, barley or rye. When I was pregnant it stopped bugging me and a few weeks after having her I started getting an upset stomach and diarrhea again. Going back to Atkins has made me feel so much better.

So guess what I got in the mail from my mom yesterday? A box FULL of chocolate and baked goods. And you know what was among them? My chocolate peanut butter Reese heart that I coveted for Valentines day but my husband did not get me. I gave it all away to my husband but kept the heart for myself.

And you know what happened? I ate it. And I feel horrible! I woke up with pain in my tummy, had diarrhea and now today I have a major carb hangover. I can't believe I used to eat like this, the hangover is a sign it's just not good for me. I weighed 190.0 today as well. I'm staying on plan going forward, no more treats or anything. I can do this if I stick to it and push myself.

I added a pic of my daughter with my husband for you guys :)

AnaBee
02-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Aww, she is such a cutie, Stephanie, thanks for the picture!!! Awwww!

Gluten free is the best, I'd really encourage you to stick with if for life, if you've noticed how different you feel. I tested negative to celiac but I'd read a lot about the neurological effects of gluten and I wondered about my terrible balance (I've spent years walking into walls and my chiropractor discovered I was unable to stand with my feet together and my eyes closed and that's apparently not a good test to fail). Not only did my stomach problems go away within a few days of going gluten free, over a period of 6 months of being super strict my balance issues resolved too. If I accidently get a crumb now, I get terrible stomach pains, and if I get traces over a period of days the balance problems come back and can be so bad I have to have time off work. I live alone so I can be fine for most of the time, but travelling is really hard and so is eating out if you don't research first.

So I am firmly convinced that gluten is completely evil! No matter how I struggle with my weight, I know I'll never eat it again. I didn't really lose weight going gluten free, but it does make it easier to stick to better eating (since there's practically nothing I can eat at work morning teas or fast food) and having more energy really helped too.

I spent the night at the museum with our Brownie unit (girl scouts). It was super fun but I am so tired! I ate before I went (at about 5.30pm) and then not again until 8am this morning. I felt really lean this morning, I'm going to try and eat earlier on other days this week.

rho1640
02-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Oh so many things to try to respond to .. First Stephanie Awwww what a cutie and dad is so in love with her already you can tell.. Ohhh sorry on the issues from the candy .. But write down how you feel somewhere so if you are tempted again you can refer back to it.

Ana - Night at the museum - that sounds like fun - what type of museum was it?

aud - keep us up in the fitness challenge so we can throw our encouragement in how cool would it be to win?!?

You guys who crochet are the amazing ones that baffles me - although one of the women at our group did a skirt that I got the pattern for - all double crochet so I think by the time I do it (when I do it) I will have double crochet down by the end... I want to lose some more before I do it though.

Knitting socks is great - I do toe up and it's just knit knit knit then a few increases then some decreases for the heel and knit knit knit for the top and knit and purl for the cuff.. The only thing that might change is if I want to play with a pattern on the leg portion. Great car knitting to keep my mind off traffic lol. And I don't need a pattern for plain ones so if we are traveling and I see a yarn store I can get trip yarn for the memories... Cause yarn for socks isn't much...yay! Oh and I don't do 4 double pointed needles - that is so far beyond me it's not funny although a friend does - I do one circular needles that has a looong cord and just sort of loop it.. In fact it's called magic loop ..

Welcome ICard the cravings get better honestly..

StephanieM
02-18-2012, 12:50 PM
AnaBee, I do feel so good when I eliminate gluten from my diet. I felt so good I started exercising almost every day, it was great! I tested negative for Celiac as well but decided to cut it out based on how I was feeling. I believe I have an intolerance and if I had little bits of it it wouldn't bother me but that was almost never.

Rho, thanks! He does adore her. It's his second daughter and he's such a good dad.

I did write down what I did in my journal, I fully expect my weight to stall for a week due to this cheat until my body goes back into ketosis. I've been eating really well for the past two days :)

189.8 today, think I'll be bouncing around this number for a few more days.

aud
02-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Sunny but chilly here so off to the river trail with my girls (14 yo has new skateboard--hope my next update isn't from the emergency room?:dizzy:) Scale staying the same but still OP:carrot: . . . and getting weekend exercise:carrot::carrot:

Catch up more later--cya 2nite!:cool:

Arkansas Kel
02-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Hey guys, I'm still around, no time to nuttin though....

Teaching job is a challenge, I'm so very green at it. At least I'm the 4th instructor for the class and FAR from being primary.

Day job is difficult. Nobody wants to do what I need them to do, but in the end I still have to give answers for what happened.

I feel like through the week I live at my desk, in my car, in the classroom...

I've not lost another pound, but haven't gained one either. I'm compliant most of the time. That being said, the golden arches have become one of my biggest obstacles, two on my route to and from things. I've been working on that pretty hard.

My aunt with cancer is starting chemo in 2 weeks, and thus I don't expect any reprieve soon. I will certainly be needed to help her some too.

I need an assistant!

but then again, I always did better under pressure.

airomatic
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I've been sick for the last couple of days so I haven't quite been OP but haven't eaten much period. Mostly just a cold but it's my first illness (and hopefully last!) of the winter so kind of hit me hard.
It's interesting to read about others intolerance to gluten, after I first went on Atkins and then relapsed I had the same issues. I have a feeling that my body has always had issues with it but I got so used to feeling bad that I had no idea until I weaned myself off of it.

AnaBee
02-20-2012, 02:01 AM
I have a feeling that my body has always had issues with it but I got so used to feeling bad that I had no idea until I weaned myself off of it.

THIS. I had no idea how sick I was until I stopped eating it and my body had a chance to heal. Amazing. Seriously, antacid makers would go out of business so fast if everyone gave up gluten.

Sorry about your bad cold!

Kel! Great to see you. You sound super busy, but that's great that you're holding steady - so much better than giving in to temptation and gaining. Sending your aunt lots of good wishes.

My challenges this week:
(1) giving up diet coke. I fell off that wagon ridiculously badly over the past month, after doing so well for about 6 weeks from mid December. I have practically been swimming in vats of the stuff lately. Besides being all round bad for you, I'm pretty sure it's not doing me any weight loss favours. I'm still struggling to see any losses at all and except for this, and point 2 below, I'm totally on plan.
(2). Good bye, flax muffins. They give me cravings (for more flax) and I'm eating a ridiculous amount, low carb or not. And butter has calories worth considering when you're eating so much. Plus I had a really weird TOM and when I did some reading I think flax is great in small amounts, but can be of concern if you're eating large amounts (as I was because it so GOOD) and especially if you have PCOS. Sigh. I'm going to lay off it now until my birthday in late march when I will have some as a treat.

StephanieM
02-20-2012, 10:16 AM
188.6 today, first drop I've seen since the chocolate heart incident! This will encourage me not to cheat in the future, it sucked not losing for a few days. I was really good yesterday even though it was my step daughters birthday. They were having roast beef sandwhiches, pasta salad and there was a chocolate pudding pie. I just ate the roast beef and a greek salad :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

lcard
02-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I am really excited about the first week of my diet. I did great! Week two now. I am doing a no carb diet - sure do miss bread. I tried to convince myself into some rye bread yesterday, but it just doesn't look appealing!

For the poster who said McDonalds was a hard one to resist...I used to be like that as well. I am finding it easier in the last month or so - even thou I see it all the time at Walmart.

I so want to be thin, but eating yummy and fattening foods is always in the back of my mind!!! LOL!!

aud
02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi Gang!:hug:

Made it to the river and then pedicure (feet-claws:o..now an interesting sparkly kelly green:dizzy:) b4 having to make a mad dash out of town again for Gramps then spent the nite at my brothers, where I went ridiculously off plan.:( Back up to 245 today for my trouble.:mad: I'm almost sick of typing the same thing over and over here . . .

Did get a great walk in yesterday and am off to meet my fitness co-worker at the gym b4 work so trying to dust myself off and ever onward blah blah . . . making my shake 4 tonight and taking the yummy peppers for lunch . . . will get the link . . . din't use jalapenos . . . bought two larger type peppers and cut them up/filled with seasoned cream cheese. I did the chopped cooked bacon on top . . . you'll see if ya scroll down the recipe:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/jalapeno_poppers.html

Off to change my bloated ticker . . . cya all in the Wee . . .

airomatic
02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I weighed myself today and I was 218, down 6 pounds! I will thank the cold for that weight loss. That's a big motivator for the next week.
lcard: there is low carb bread you can buy, I think the one I had was made by Julian Bakery and I found it at Market of Choice here but it's expensive and I found it's better to just completely wean myself off of it.

StephanieM
02-20-2012, 08:27 PM
aud, I'm sorry to hear things aren't doing well with him again. Best of luck with your contest at work, I know it can be hard to stick to things when life gets crazy like that.

I bet if I never left the house I'd do great, but with family dinners every weekend and friends inviting us over it gets hard to stay on plan.

Lately I'm craving carbs in a bad way. Why now? Why two weeks later?

airomatic and lcard, congrats on your losses and successes!

lcard
02-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Congrats on your weight loss airomatic! How does it feel...

I agree Stephanie it isnt easy being on a diet when the majority of people have very little control over what they eat or even seem concerned!!

I eat at Boston Pizza alot, as I can sync my computer there during my lunch breaks. I started eating their Pecan salad. No cheese, no pecans, no dressing. LOL! It still is good and something I can eat at a restaurant, which I like :)

lcard
02-20-2012, 11:30 PM
THIS. I had no idea how sick I was until I stopped eating it and my body had a chance to heal. Amazing. Seriously, antacid makers would go out of business so fast if everyone gave up gluten.

This is really interesting. I have noticed that I have 0 heartburn since I quit eating carbs. I do feel not as full..but water is helping that and trying to eat lots of vegetables as well as the protein I need.

AnaBee
02-21-2012, 12:59 AM
lcard, I think a lot of people discover a problem with gluten through going on low carb diets. It's the first time we remove it from our diets. I worked it out after a month of paleo.

Stephanie, is that time of the month coming? I feel aware of cravings again, when I'm due.

4myloves
02-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile! I've done really well sticking to my goal of staying OP. I did deviate last night, because we were invited to a "wildlife" supper at my in-law's church. Wild. Life. There were 2 different types of cooked coon, all kinds of squirrel (dumplings/dressing, etc.), rabbit, duck, deer and wild hog. I'm sure I'm leaving something out. Yuck. I'm sorry, I'd eat some of that stuff if I had too, but last night there were other choices. I will say, the deer & gravy (which was pretty much cream of chicken & mushroom soups) was pretty good--unfortunately--over the mashed potatoes and biscuit!

Anyway, my week on plan resulted in a 3 lb. loss from my last RECORDED weigh-in! YEA!!

StephanieM
02-21-2012, 04:55 PM
AnaBee, I haven't had a period yet, I'm 7 weeks post partum. I felt like it was going to start because I was cranky and breaking out and then I started birth control again. I think my body was wanting to have it, and now the birth control is delaying it for another 28 days and that's why. I bet I'll feel a lot better once I have my first one, I hear the first is a doozy haha!

4myloves, that sounds gross! Haha. I tried moose about a year ago because everyone up here hunts and I oike it. It's a clean and healthy tasting meat. But racoon and squirrel? Yuck!

189.2 today, I'm not heart broken over it. I know my weight will be funny for a bit because I think my cycle is trying to regulate, just started birth control again, and the fact it started snowing again so my walks are limited. I also didn't drink as much water as I would have liked yesterday and ate a greek salad that my mother in law made. I know I probably went over my carbs because cucumber, tomatoe, onion and green pepper all have a lot of carbs and I ate a fairly large portion of it haha.

Oh well, at least it wasn't toast or something :)

airomatic
02-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Its definitely hard to eat out with friends who aren't on diets. I went out with friends last night and did fairly well sticking to plan with roasted garlic chicken, broccoli and a salad but it is hard because they don't understand the diet and aren't on one themselves. On the bright side I had someone to eat my cornbread so I wouldn't be tempted :)

fatklr
02-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm in on the challenge! This is my 2nd week on induction and I am down 8 pounds, but my goal is to lose "at least" 20 more pounds by Easter!

lcard
02-22-2012, 01:17 AM
I think dieting is getting very bleak when we have to limit vegetables. This is where I dont agree with the no carbs and no vegetables. Our bodies need nutrients!!! I eat lots of veggies and high protein. If I feel hungry I will eat veggies and not feel guilty!!

StephanieM
02-22-2012, 10:36 AM
lcard, what diet are you doing that is no carb? I do Atkins which is low carb. You start at 20 net carbs and increase as you move through the phases and you do get to add back in things like berries and nuts, then fruit, etc. I try to get 5 grams of net carbs from veggies each meal and if I'm hungry I have no carb pepperoni sticks to snack on :)

188.2 today :) I peed on a ketostick and it shows I am in ketosis. I noticed yesterday that it looks like TOM is trying to happen but the new birth control won't let it completely come through for another week and a half. I am definitely cranky and having dreams about chocolate and cake. This is so unlike me. I can't wait to get this first post partum period over with though I am dreading it!

4myloves
02-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Do any of the rest of you weigh in only once weekly? I weigh every Monday morning and FIGHT the urge the rest of the week.

When I weigh daily, I tend to get so discouraged, especially since I got a scale that measures to the tenth. Ugh.

I'm so glad "they" changed Daylight Savings Time!! I'm ready for the sunshine to last longer! :cool:

StephanieM
02-22-2012, 10:55 AM
4myloves, I have to weigh daily to keep myself real. I'm okay with seeing the gains because I can then look at my food journal and see what caused it. And when there is a loss I just feel giddy and amazing. I would hate if I missed seeing a loss too so I have to weigh daily.

rho1640
02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone - first off is anyone else having issues with the trackers today - I keep getting session halted when I try to update .(edited to add that it seems to have updated even though it's saying session halted) . Maybe the site is protesting that I only lost .6 this week .... I'm so ready for a big loss again darn it! I seem to be in a slooooooooow losing period .. Makes me nuts :dizzy:

iCard - do you have the lists of foods for each phase of Atkins - I swear I eat more veggies on this diet than ever before and I love veggies - and I experiment with different methods to cook them. And I can have real yummy butter on them too :D

I'm at 58 lbs lost and I want to hit 60 so bad I can taste it - but I swear my body knows how much I want it so it is hanging onto each ounce with everything it has- it does that to me with each new decade of numbers I go into too.

So Friday I'm meeting my friend who just lost her husband - at a pizza place (wood oven the whole bit) I'm thinking I will go with their beet salad - I'm sure their dressing has some sugar in it but I think of all they have to offer it looks like the best choice. They have a warm salmon salad - but I am soo particular about my seafood - and I've heard some people say it is strong (as in old) so I will avoid that. Plus I think we may be having salmon tonight for dinner. If they have a salad with steak I may switch to that. How does that sound to everyone as a plan?

Kel - so glad to see your post you are crazy busy!

4myloves I would so enjoy a dinner like that :o. Haven't had squirrel or coon but I've had all the others - hubby is a hunter - and I've done some in the past - again my being picky plays into things though - we would butcher our own meat and make sausage etc ourselves - most people aren't as picky about doing it so in my opinion things are gamey when they don't have to be (Need to take off all fat and the silver and it makes a huge difference in taste)

Sorry haven't posted much - have been busy busy - I come on and read and then can't put down a coherent thought it seems :^:

GemIAm
02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
I only weigh once a week - at my Drs. office.

Tomorrow is weigh in & I am hoping for good news...I did cheat a little this week (one swallow of my hubby's single malt whiskey and an extra "real meal" of kebobs last weekend). It has been a crazy stressful week and I need a SV or NSV for motivation...

aud
02-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Can't remember what a NSV is but if it's an affirmation the one I've been using lately is "And all shall be well" gem. I also find this thread extremely motivating, but like rho, sometimes I'm reading along because I can't form coherent posts lol.:dizzy:

I'm with steph ((Have I mentioned how darling your baby is steph? What a cutie!:hug:) . . . on weighing daily . . . for whatev reason at this stage, I just have a tendency to go off track if I don't have that accountability. At other times in my life I did good with weekly weigh ins, but for right now I need the daily to keep myself ON *or* get BACK on track.

Which is harder and harder to do lately - I need to get myself off/out and beyond this cycle I'm endlessly repeating.:mad: When I come here, I really focus and remember how great it feels to be OP, it is just so not worth it to keep starting over - it just gets exhausting. Praying on this Ash Wednesday for strength when my life goes off the stress rails (hospital waiting rooms etc) to keep on track which really translates being GOOD TO MYSELF, ya know?

Amen

Count me in as eating waaaay more veggies on Atkins. Without a doubt.

Grew up in a rural community and have done the wildlife thing . . . lost it's appeal long ago, but can still eat deer tenderloin.

Congrats to all doing well and holla to those of us struggling!:carrot: Trying to get my focus on and celebrate that I've lost 3lbs of the bloat from last weekend . . . check back in the Wee.

StephanieM
02-22-2012, 07:37 PM
I decided to weigh myself before taking a shower, even though I weighed this morning and it said 187.8! I don't count anything other than my morning weigh in though because I like to stay consistent. I hope I see that number tomorrow! Super encouraging even though I just had lunch.

Aud, thanks so much! She is pretty darn cute when she's in a good mood. She has bad gas issues though and gets upset often if I'm not holding her so that limits my ability to exercise at times. My back can only take walking around holding a baby for so long during the day before I just sit and hold her.

AnaBee
02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Stephanie, your hormones must be all over the place at the moment, you poor thing. But you're doing great with the losing.

NSV is non scale victory. Affirmations are great, aud. Gotta change the mindset...

I'm really stupid, despite my declaration of what, 2 days ago, I bought flax last night and had a LARGE muffin for dinner. And then again for breakfast. And even before breakfast I was up to 180 again (was at 179.6 yesterday). I have to accept that it's a problem food for me, both in how it makes me feel and in how much I crave it. I feel so pudgy in the tummy today, whereas before I was feeling lean. Sigh.

I have held strong with the diet coke. And the day after giving them both up I got below 180 for ages. So both need to stay gone!

rho1640
02-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm really stupid, despite my declaration of what, 2 days ago, I bought flax last night and had a LARGE muffin for dinner. And then again for breakfast. And even before breakfast I was up to 180 again (was at 179.6 yesterday). I have to accept that it's a problem food for me, both in how it makes me feel and in how much I crave it. I feel so pudgy in the tummy today, whereas before I was feeling lean. Sigh.

I have held strong with the diet coke. And the day after giving them both up I got below 180 for ages. So both need to stay gone!

Those muffins are good - I try to only have them every couple of days - are you drinking enough water with them - I find if I drink A LOT it helps with that feeling and helps things move along too.

The diet coke was hard for me to give up but it's been a few months now and it's easier - I drink seltzer mostly now.

I'm nervous today - I'm going shopping today for a pair or two of jeans and a pair of slacks and a top or two. I guess it's really needed - I mentioned it to a friend and she said good I was looking like a bag lady and when I told the hubs I swear he clapped his hands and almost jumped up and down.... I know I've lost almost 60 lbs and my clothes were loose but I don't think it was that bad lol so I will do that and then over the weekend I will go thru my clothes and get rid of the old - I will have lots of room in my closet for sure :dizzy:

rho1640
02-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Stephanie - WHOO HOOO. Andit wasn't at the moment you got up too - that's even better :D

rho1640
02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
I only weigh once a week - at my Drs. office.

Tomorrow is weigh in & I am hoping for good news...I did cheat a little this week (one swallow of my hubby's single malt whiskey and an extra "real meal" of kebobs last weekend). It has been a crazy stressful week and I need a SV or NSV for motivation...

Ok was the kabob of the meat and veg variety and you didn't do the rice or whatever went with it just the kabob - then I don't consider it a cheat .It was a bump in the road .... It's not like you fell into a serving dish of mashed potatoes and finished it off ... And a sip of the single malt is worthy of a pat on the back - (as long as your sip isnt like my hubs sip that means half or more of my ice tea leaves the glass when he asks for a one) I seriously wouldn't stress about a sip of a drink and a kabob.

Good luck with weigh in and let us know how you did

4myloves
02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Hello all!!

I'm so enjoying reading all the great posts here! I drank the last of a 2 liter diet Mt. Dew last night---no more diet sodas for me now (at least through Easter!). Only water and, MAYBE, a glass of tea for lunch every now and then.

Y'all talking about the flax makes me think about the Quest bars I've grown to love. I now believe they are causing a serious stall in my weight loss. For one thing, they're bulk fiber (like the flax) and if I'm not careful they will constipate me badly. I think after I've eaten all of this last batch I ordered, I'm giving up on them for awhile.

Hope everyone has a great day OP!

StephanieM
02-23-2012, 10:49 AM
187.4 today! Getting excited as I get closer to goal :) I want to meet my St Patty's day one early so I'm on track for the Easter one since they are only a few weeks apart.

rho, that's a awesome NSV! I can't wait for that day :) Except I have a ton of clothes from when I lost weight. I kept my fat clothes for when I got pregnant and even outgrew those. I still don't fit into my jeans that used to fit at this weight because birth spread my hips so far apart :/

AnaBee, I am sooooo cranky. I'm being mean to my husband and I feel bad too. Yesterday morning he was checking on our daughter because she was crying. He takes mornings before work so it gives me a chance to make breakfast, do dishes and get coffee made for us. I came into the room to grab something and he just left so I was stuck to deal with her (I called him back and he groaned). It slipped out of my mouth so quick where I said 'f*ck you and f*ck your attitude!' and walked away. I hate feeling like this, I don't even think before I speak lately. Thankfully he understands. I weaned myself off my anti psychotics for bi polar and anxiety before getting pregnant and now I'm thinking about going back on them since I feel like I did years ago.

4myloves
02-23-2012, 01:02 PM
AnaBee, I am sooooo cranky. I'm being mean to my husband and I feel bad too. Yesterday morning he was checking on our daughter because she was crying. He takes mornings before work so it gives me a chance to make breakfast, do dishes and get coffee made for us. I came into the room to grab something and he just left so I was stuck to deal with her (I called him back and he groaned). It slipped out of my mouth so quick where I said 'f*ck you and f*ck your attitude!' and walked away. I hate feeling like this, I don't even think before I speak lately. Thankfully he understands. I weaned myself off my anti psychotics for bi polar and anxiety before getting pregnant and now I'm thinking about going back on them since I feel like I did years ago.

Me, me and ME! Going back on the meds was the best thing I ever did. Just be sure, if your breastfeeding, that they won't affect the baby. :hug:

StephanieM
02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
I gave up on breastfeeding due to multiple issues we were having (bad latch, she would get frustrated and bite me, bad advice that caused one boob to stop producing, it was making me depressed how badly we were doing, etc...)

I was on seroquel before, my concern is it will make me too drowsy to get up at night to feed and change her if she needs it. But I was so much happier on it, haha.

aud
02-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Down another pound of bloat:carrot: and feeling great (but sore) from the fitness thing at work . . . weight lifting has improved my mood, plus being back OP.

Hang in there Steph!:hug:

Off tomorrow--w00t!:carrot:

Finished off my stuffed peppers (think the one was "serrano?") Going to plan some menu's so I can have in the fridge when I get home in the Wee.

I was also addicted to Diet Coke - rough to give up but do not miss. Switched to water and cherry crystal lite.

airomatic
02-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Stephanie things will get better but I do remember meds helping me. I went from crazy mood swings to being pretty even which definitely helps when you are stuck at home with a cranky baby.
Today has been a bit rough. I had a doctor's appointment this morning where they weighed me and the scale said 231! I know there's no way I gained that much as when they weighed me I was fully clothed including belt and shoes and though I was expecting a slight gain from lack of sleep (I worked an overnight last night) and from the bloated feeling I've had the last couple days it was still a bit disheartening. As long as I have a lower number on Monday I can deal with a crazy number at the doctor's :)

rho1640
02-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Ok - I'm going to make this two posts ...

I went shopping - I'm going to tell you my size acckk. The old pants I had on we're size 28 I went into the store and picked up 26 thinking that will be what I needed - I also took size 24 just because - ya know that just because thing right? Well it turns out I bought size 22 and the sales woman said I should have gotten size 20 - but I couldn't I just couldn't - they were too snug going from fall off you if you weren't careful ---and the 22 is good ... But I will admit that if there were security cameras in the dressing room they caught me doing a happy dance that I'm sure will be laughed at for years to come!

How skewed is my body image though?

rho1640
02-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Hello all!!

I'm so enjoying reading all the great posts here! I drank the last of a 2 liter diet Mt. Dew last night---no more diet sodas for me now (at least through Easter!). Only water and, MAYBE, a glass of tea for lunch every now and then.

Y'all talking about the flax makes me think about the Quest bars I've grown to love. I now believe they are causing a serious stall in my weight loss. For one thing, they're bulk fiber (like the flax) and if I'm not careful they will constipate me badly. I think after I've eaten all of this last batch I ordered, I'm giving up on them for awhile.

I drink seltzer it helped in giving up the diet soda and I found I need the fizzy :dizzy:

Be sure to hammer back the water when you increase the fiber - andif you get really constipated I found for me if I take 3 magnesium pills it will help the next day with the water..

lcard
02-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Its definitely hard to eat out with friends who aren't on diets. I went out with friends last night and did fairly well sticking to plan with roasted garlic chicken, broccoli and a salad but it is hard because they don't understand the diet and aren't on one themselves. On the bright side I had someone to eat my cornbread so I wouldn't be tempted :)

I am finding that alot of people are always trying to get me off my diet! WAH!! Eat bread...diets aren't good...etc etc.

Funny thing? These people that say this....should be on a diet!!!

lcard
02-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Do any of the rest of you weigh in only once weekly? I weigh every Monday morning and FIGHT the urge the rest of the week.

When I weigh daily, I tend to get so discouraged, especially since I got a scale that measures to the tenth. Ugh.

I'm so glad "they" changed Daylight Savings Time!! I'm ready for the sunshine to last longer! :cool:

I weigh everyday. I can't resist. LOL!

lcard
02-24-2012, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=StephanieM;4225963]lcard, what diet are you doing that is no carb?QUOTE]

High protein, no carb diet. But I am cheating - to be more healthy :)

rho1640
02-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Stephanie remember you have hormones and lack of sleep now I'm sure --- working on you too... Do you have a baby monitor you can set right next to you in bed - also can you talk to your doctor maybe they can give you a little lower dose for now I don't know how the meds work but maybe it would help - but not give the real sleepy thing...

StephanieM
02-24-2012, 10:57 AM
She sleeps next to me in the bassinet still, so she is right there. I just remember how doped up I was when I was on them.

Which brings me to another sad point... My SIL is due in March and wants the bassinet to use for her baby and I agreed to do it thinking 3 months with her in our room would be good enough. I'm not ready to put her in her crib yet though :( And my SIL is ungrateful and acting like a child. She has no money and used to be addicted to crack, sold all the baby stuff from her first. My MIL got her a pack n play with a bassinet and a diaper change table built in and she complained that her back would hurt using the change table and she wanted mine and pointed right at me. My MIL does so much for her and all she does is complain. I want to hear her say thank you for once. Add that in with how my hormones are and I want to punch her (but would never). She keeps hinting around for me to give her the diaper change table that my MIL gave me, but never does it infront of my husband.

I've complained to him about this and he said that if he ever heard her doing that he would call her out on it, but she doesn't do it infront of him for that reason.

I could type forever about my issues with her, but I'll spare you all! Including Christmas dinner that she complained about how the stuffing was made, got upset no one got her a drink (we all got our own drinks and when she saw we all had drinks she was upset she didn't have one), complained to MIL that no one would give up their seat in a recliner for her (even though there were other seats, she wanted that one and feels entitled as she is pregnant)...

StephanieM
02-24-2012, 11:00 AM
BUT....!

On a positive note, I am at 187.0 today and feeling great that I'm losing consistently still :)

rho1640
02-24-2012, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=StephanieM;4225963]lcard, what diet are you doing that is no carb?QUOTE]

High protein, no carb diet. But I am cheating - to be more healthy :)

Hi - are you doing your own plan or following one of the plans like Atkins, ideal protein, or others on here ... It sounds like you want to do something similar to Atkins to me -- keep your carbs low and have the carbs come from vegetables ... Google Atkins food lists for the different phases and it will give you a good idea of things that fit into them .. Lots of people stay on Phase one until they reach their goal. I eat more vegetables now and more of a variety than ever before on Atkins and I enjoy finding different ways to do them too.

I also don't tell people I'm doing low carb or Atkins etc .... I found it much easier to tell them I don't do sugar or grains.. And they see me eat veggies - today I'm meeting a friend for lunch at "World Pie" (yes as in pizza) and I know I will have the salad with pears and Gorgonzola And I am so looking forward to it - I don't do pears normally so this will make it special for me. And it won't bother me to not have pizza at all.

rho1640
02-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Stephanie - your MIL has given her an option - I would just tell her no you aren't ready to move your daughter - if you would feel better ask your hubs and his mom what they feel and would they agree with you and support you that it is your decision for your daughter. It isn't like she has to keep her baby in a drawer she has a good option for everything she wants and no way give up the dressing/changing table... You are using it and will be using it for quite awhile yet! She can get a pad and change her on top of a dresser or something if she needs her higher - she is the one who got rid of what she had already.

I have in-law issues too as you might be able to tell by the strength of my reply... ;)

And WHOO HOO on the weight!

rho1640
02-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Today has been a bit rough. I had a doctor's appointment this morning where they weighed me and the scale said 231! I know there's no way I gained that much as when they weighed me I was fully clothed including belt and shoes and though I was expecting a slight gain from lack of sleep (I worked an overnight last night) and from the bloated feeling I've had the last couple days it was still a bit disheartening. As long as I have a lower number on Monday I can deal with a crazy number at the doctor's :)

When I go to my doctor knowing I will be weighed - I admit I wear leggings under my pants and I take off my shoes and jeans before I will even approach the scale lol. ..... The nurse totally understands that I am not adding the weight of my clothes and shoes - I've worked too hard to get the weight down.. :dizzy:

rho1640
02-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Down another pound of bloat:carrot: and feeling great (but sore) from the fitness thing at work . . . weight lifting has improved my mood, plus being back OP.

Hang in there Steph!:hug:

Off tomorrow--w00t!:carrot:

Finished off my stuffed peppers (think the one was "serrano?") Going to plan some menu's so I can have in the fridge when I get home in the Wee.

I was also addicted to Diet Coke - rough to give up but do not miss. Switched to water and cherry crystal lite.

WhooHooo!!

rho1640
02-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Hello all!!

I thought I replied to this but I don't see it sorry. - put the quest bars you have in a ziplock and put them away and allow yourself one a week or something .... But try really hammering back lots and lots and lots of water when you eat them and flax things .. more than you think you need in fact :o

4myloves
02-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Ok - I'm going to make this two posts ...

I went shopping - I'm going to tell you my size acckk. The old pants I had on we're size 28 I went into the store and picked up 26 thinking that will be what I needed - I also took size 24 just because - ya know that just because thing right? Well it turns out I bought size 22 and the sales woman said I should have gotten size 20 - but I couldn't I just couldn't - they were too snug going from fall off you if you weren't careful ---and the 22 is good ... But I will admit that if there were security cameras in the dressing room they caught me doing a happy dance that I'm sure will be laughed at for years to come!

How skewed is my body image though?

Yea :carrot::carrot::carrot:

This makes me so happy for you!

4myloves
02-24-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't know what happened to me last night! I've been doing so well staying OP, but last night I ate a Reese's, some hamburger helper and drank a REGULAR Mountain Dew. It was like someone else took over my hand and mouth!!

OMG.

StephanieM
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
rho, I forgot to say congrats on the drop in pant sizes! That's the biggest tell :)

And you are right. Part of me wants to give her the change table to shut her up, but the other 95% of me won't do that because then she'll think she can act like this all the time. She's a 30 year old ex crackhead who can't even go on maternity leave because she hasn't contributed to EI because she's going to school, and if she misses school she has to pay back her student loans, and if she stops going to school she'll be on welfare. And... she planned this baby. She's on and off with the father daily (not the same father of her first)

I busted my butt doing overtime while pregnant and for my year of mat leave I get over 900 dollars bi weekly (that's the way it is in Canada), we planned to get pregnant after getting married, and I'm only 25.

She needs to stop coasting through life. She likes school because she sees her student loan money as free cash to use to pay her bills and car loan. I have no idea how she's going to pay it all back once she's out.

lcard
02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Today I had lunch with a coworker at Boston Pizza. I ordered my usual, Pecan salad, no dressing, no pecans, no cheese. Chicken grilled. LOL! He had this gross and disgusting greasy pasta dish. He then told me how much I must miss this kind of food and how I wont last on this diet of mine. I told him what he was eating, made me feel ill, and in a few months Ill be healthier and skinnier and he will still be fat. LOL! (we are friends).

People just dont get a dieters mindset .... do they?

fiona46
02-24-2012, 09:32 PM
congrats rho1640....i do a happy dance everytime i hit another weight loss target..kids think i'm loopy, but i don't really care. I just get sooooo happy !!

Haven't lost anything lately...being good but not seeing it on the scales...am going to stay strong and on plan..but sure does get depressing !!

aud
02-24-2012, 11:18 PM
That really is so great on the pants shopping rho! I'm bagging up my bigger clothes and donating this time, so sick of storing all my various sizes!:mad:

Dust yourself 4myL . . . happens to all of is and I know it's easier said than done . . . really I do!

Did tilapia filets with the parmesan/pork rind "breading" - gosh they're good!

Mantra: more seafood seafood and WATER!

Got first full week in at the weight room - starting super slow but still sore. Could NOT do it without theis challenge going on or the pressure from my partner. It's great that we are both equally out of shape lol:dizzy: Felt really BLAH today and vegged in front of the tv until I suddenly remembered I used to use "mapmyrun" so got up, put my "Nike's" on and thought JUST DO IT! I promised myself I would just go as far as I felt like...turned out I made the whole 5k I had mapped out a few years back!:carrot: Took me an hour and 5 minutes but got to listen to the end of my audiobook and enjoy the sunshine.

Filling in unexpectedly for a top officer . . . the plants not running so will take advantage of the gym again and get in a long walk . . . just downloaded "Justice Denied" so will start a new book.

Off to make a cheesecake . . . keep going All!:hug::carrot:

StephanieM
02-25-2012, 12:41 AM
aud, that's great! That's my biggest thing, getting off the couch and just doing something physical.

4myloves, just pick yourself up and keep going! I cheated with that Reese heart (why can't peanut butter and chocolate be good for you!?) and it stalled me for a whole week. It was so discouraging but tought me not to do that ever again.

aud
02-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Cheesecake turned out great and the house smelled so good . . . DD's woke up starving lol . . . just had a piece with coffee while they pancaked themselves. Think they like my night shift baking.:dizzy:

Off for my unplanned work day - glad they're won't be much to do, but still have to be there just in case.

StephanieM
02-25-2012, 01:11 PM
186.4! Half a pound a day is pretty good :) I want to meet my St Patty's day goal before St. Patty's day so I'm on track for the Easter one since it's right after that.

Someone posted this in the support forum, thought you guys might find it neat: http://myinnerthin-hmr.blogspot.com/2010/01/weight-loss-projection-spreadsheet.html

You put in your info and it shows how much weight you will lose a week for about 6 months or so. It's based on calorie counting but I toyed with it to match how I lose right now on Atkins and it was kinda neat to see where I will be in a few months if I stick to it. A big motivator! I just downloaded it onto my computer :)

airomatic
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks Stephanie for posting that! It's pretty motivating to see that I could reach my goal weight in 6 months if I really work at it.
I've been feeling nauseous this week, I might still be dehydrated from the cold I had or it could be from the back pain but it's made it hard to eat at times. Thursday I actually threw up after dinner. I'm trying to increase my food consumption slowly in case that could be it as well as my water intake. Anybody else have this problem?

StephanieM
02-25-2012, 11:52 PM
airomatic, it is motivating, isn't it? I like anything that lays it for me visually.

I'm sorry you threw up and aren't feeling well... since I just had a baby I'm going to say the line everyone hates... 'maybe you are pregnant?' haha. Just kidding :) I never even threw up while pregnant (okay, three times) but I felt like I was hung over all the time!

I think staying hydrated is good... why are you concerned you aren't eating enough? I count carbs and calories because I notice that it's easy to eat 1000 or less calories a day if I'm not careful because of all the veggies you eat. Are you eating a low amount of calories?

Hope you do feel better soon though!

airomatic
02-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Haha I've been asked that a couple of times this week, I actually didn't throw up when I was pregnant either but I've heard each pregnancy can differ.
I haven't been eating three meals a day, I eat when I'm hungry but it's small portions, a lot of this is because I've been sick so I'm sure I'm pretty under on calories. I normally don't eat a lot just small portions a couple times a day but I did notice when I was on Atkins before I actually ate 2-3 regular meals a day plus snacks. My schedule is also kind of funky now because I work graveyard and I've never hungry at work but I know I need to eat. Hopefully it's just a readjustment period and I will be feeling better next week :)

lcard
02-26-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't know what happened to me last night! I've been doing so well staying OP, but last night I ate a Reese's, some hamburger helper and drank a REGULAR Mountain Dew. It was like someone else took over my hand and mouth!!

OMG.

It happens. :) I think its better to give into cravings once in awhile rather then go right off plan and give up!

lcard
02-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I am super happy - I lost 2 pounds this week! YAY! I am finding it a challenge every day. People offer me baking or goodies and I have to say no thanks. People don't stop with that. WHY? Then you tell them you are trying to diet...which never goes well. LOL!!

I am so determined to stay with my diet, there is just not a chance I am giving up!!

StephanieM
02-26-2012, 01:05 PM
lcard, that's the way to be! I'm so determined, I want to lose this weight, and I'm not willing to waste any time.

186.2 today, not bad considering my husband and I wanted to see what rum and diet cream soda tasted like last night haha. I also went over on my 20 net carbs a little with a awesome salad I made with salsa, sour cream, lettuce, ground beef, and cheese. It was so good that while my husband was making pasta for himself he kept stealing bites out of it when I wasn't looking, haha. He now wants me to make that for him for dinner Monday.

AnaBee
02-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi! I can finally log in again - not sure what was wrong the other day but couldn't get in * at all * and then over the weekend I wasn't online. I missed you all!

Rho, YAY about the pants! That's very cool, congratulations!

and Stephanie, I'm sorry about your SIL problems. And also how you've been feeling. I skim read caught up so not sure if I missed it, but hope you'll get to talk to your doc about the meds, it sounds like they help.

I had more stupid flax over the weekend and then threw out the half full packet on Saturday - no more "I'll just use it up". I don't know what it is about that stuff but it makes me bloat like crazy, even as I still stay regular (sorry, tmi!). The more water I drink the more I swell. I think I've finally hit rock bottom with that, I'm getting so frustrated with the constant up and down on the scale (up again today, agh!) I'm so tired too; I had blood tests in early Jan and I was really anaemic and I don't think the pills I've been taking are helping all that much. Or maybe they did for a bit and now I'm stuck again.

AnaBee
02-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Yay lcard on your loss!

I just plugged in some meals into a food tracker and yikes, my muffins were high in calories (I was really letting the portion size creep up). I know that we shouldn't need to count calories but if I was using the larger container to make them in, and with all the butter... bamn, that's nearly 1000 cal right there. I've plug in a regular day's food (muffin free!) and it works out to be about 1600cals and an amount I should be fine on. And I won't worry if I add another 100 or two if I'm hungry.

I was listening to a podcast I found on itunes (low carb lifestyle) and his tip was to start by thinking in little goals, just for the week. I weighed in at 182. 2 this morning, and my goal for this time next week is to be 179 :)

Zumbachica
02-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Hi..I was hoping I could join this challenge. I have been low carbing on and off over the years. It is the only thing that works, problem is I am an emotional eater and I usually fall off the wagon and put the weight on again. Well here I am, ready to try again. I need a challenge to keep me accountable. I'm focused on losing inches , not just lbs and toning up the junk.....hope to get to know you all ...

lcard
02-27-2012, 12:17 AM
lcard, that's the way to be! I'm so determined, I want to lose this weight, and I'm not willing to waste any time.

186.2 today, not bad considering my husband and I wanted to see what rum and diet cream soda tasted like last night haha. I also went over on my 20 net carbs a little with a awesome salad I made with salsa, sour cream, lettuce, ground beef, and cheese. It was so good that while my husband was making pasta for himself he kept stealing bites out of it when I wasn't looking, haha. He now wants me to make that for him for dinner Monday.

Your salad sounds sooooo good! I can't have the sour cream or the cheese. WAHHH!

lcard
02-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Yay lcard on your loss!

I was listening to a podcast I found on itunes (low carb lifestyle) and his tip was to start by thinking in little goals, just for the week. I weighed in at 182. 2 this morning, and my goal for this time next week is to be 179 :)

Ana - thanks for the high five~sounds like a great goal you have there!

aud
02-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Hi and Welcome Zumbachica!:hug: I'm an emotional eater too and have "done Atkins" off and on for years with great success, but also pile it back on when "off." I've returned yet again, because not only do I realize for the umpteenth time this WOE really works for weight loss, but also that I feel GREAT on LC"s!:carrot:

Had a great OP weekend and did manage the "bonus workout" Sat. on the unplanned work day - it was kind of creepy in there - not only did I have the whole gym to myself but the whole plant!

Couldn't make myself walk the 5k today around the neighborhood that I told you about mapping out . . . but DID do it PLUS some on my bike. Even tho' its a pretty flat route--did have to walk the bike in several places. My mini goal is to ride the whole way by St. Pat's.

Have gone fish crazy lol:dizzy: . . . made a super YUM and super EZ tilapia tonite . . . 1/2 cup mayo 1/4 cup dark dijon mustard . . . coat those puppies and stick on greased foil 15 minutes/350 degrees. They stayed moist and a beautiful golden brown . . . had with broccoli and cheese sauce and am STUFFED.

I couldn't log in for awhile either anaB . . . not sure what days but was aggravating. Flax (MIM) triggers me to crave bread at certain points . . . plan on trying them again when closer to goal.

Congrats on the loss steph & icard!:carrot: All this exercise and I'm only down a pound (this is the weight I was at before my out of town/hospital OffPlanness) . . . I think my poor out-of-shape body is adjusting to the shock of the gym and the walking/biking? No worries, it will come in time. I think I'd like to see 235 by the end of the week?

lcard
02-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Hi..I was hoping I could join this challenge. I have been low carbing on and off over the years. It is the only thing that works, problem is I am an emotional eater and I usually fall off the wagon and put the weight on again. Well here I am, ready to try again. I need a challenge to keep me accountable. I'm focused on losing inches , not just lbs and toning up the junk.....hope to get to know you all ...

Welcome!! Looking forward to getting to know you better :D

lcard
02-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi and Welcome Zumbachica!:hug: I'm an emotional eater too and have "done Atkins" off and on for years with great success, but also pile it back on when "off." I've returned yet again, because not only do I realize for the umpteenth time this WOE really works for weight loss, but also that I feel GREAT on LC"s!:carrot:

Had a great OP weekend and did manage the "bonus workout" Sat. on the unplanned work day - it was kind of creepy in there - not only did I have the whole gym to myself but the whole plant!

Couldn't make myself walk the 5k today around the neighborhood that I told you about mapping out . . . but DID do it PLUS some on my bike. Even tho' its a pretty flat route--did have to walk the bike in several places. My mini goal is to ride the whole way by St. Pat's.

Have gone fish crazy lol:dizzy: . . . made a super YUM and super EZ tilapia tonite . . . 1/2 cup mayo 1/4 cup dark dijon mustard . . . coat those puppies and stick on greased foil 15 minutes/350 degrees. They stayed moist and a beautiful golden brown . . . had with broccoli and cheese sauce and am STUFFED.

I couldn't log in for awhile either anaB . . . not sure what days but was aggravating. Flax (MIM) triggers me to crave bread at certain points . . . plan on trying them again when closer to goal.

Congrats on the loss steph & icard!:carrot: All this exercise and I'm only down a pound (this is the weight I was at before my out of town/hospital OffPlanness) . . . I think my poor out-of-shape body is adjusting to the shock of the gym and the walking/biking? No worries, it will come in time. I think I'd like to see 235 by the end of the week?

I like your updates, you are cccrrrazy!! mmmm cheeese....I miss cheese. LOL

rho1640
02-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi all the world is against me I swear! I seem to be stuck at the weight I am - my BMI is going down slowly but the weight stays the same - arrgghh. I want to see a new decade of numbers dang it!! And I want to start walking but I swear I have had a 3 week headache with my sinus... And can you tell I'm getting cranky because of these things :mad::devil:

Was the flax muffin the muffin in a minute or something else?

I need to do a major fridge cleaning and organizing so I can try the salad in a jar - I love salad but hate hate hate making it so if I can do it once a week and have it I think I could do that ..l going to use the pint size mason jars so each one is side salad size I think - but I need a portion of a shelf to put the jars on when they are made. And I need to look thru my dressing recipes to see which two I feel like this week - hubs only eats Thousand Island - I would be bored the second night lol So right now I'm thinking lettuce, radish, a few carrot bits, grape tomatoes, maybe cut up scallion .... I'll have cucumber to cut up and add later and maybe grilled chicken in a container to grab a few bits to put on it ..any ideas for additions to the jar that aren't wet that I haven't thought about.
Have you noticed it is so much easier to eat salads in the summer than it is now -

You are all doing great ... I'm envious :o lol.

airomatic
02-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Congratulations all on the losses!
I finally found my digital scale in one of my unpacked boxes and weighed myself today using it and it said 222.4. I reweighed myself on the dial scale I was using and it said 219, so either way it looks like I gained a pound and I'm going to assume the digital scale is more correct so I guess I started off three pounds heavier. I went through what I've been eating and I realized I never switched off of milk, that would probably explain the gain (two weeks ago when I lost I had been sick and wasn't drinking milk).
My physical therapist said I need to start doing more walking at least 10 minutes a day which I usually do when I'm at school but I am going to try parking farther away and walking 20-30 minutes so hopefully that will help me lose too. I might also try to get in a walk to the park with my son today if the weather cooperates. Hope everybody has a good week OP!

StephanieM
02-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Welcome Zumbachica! AnaBee, I had a good talk with my MIL about it yesterday and I feel a lot better. Thanks aud!

So I'm up .6 today but I'm pretty sure I know the reason why. It was my MIL's and my SIL's boyfriends birthday and we all had dinner yesterday. I have two SIL's, one I love and get along with really well and the other one I have issues with. The SIL I've had issues with left early because dinner was taking awhile, so me and my other SIL played kinect and we had a good work out! I know sometimes after a good work out your body retains some water.

I normally plan to make my own food to bring to these weekly dinners unless they make something atkins friendly. It was supposed to be burgers so I didn't make anything (meat patty without a bun and some veggies on the side was the plan). I got there and they were making salsibury steak, it had bread cumbs, ketchup, worstechire and other no no things in it and coated in a gravy. I ate it because it was my only option, but I'm kinda upset they changed their minds last second about what they were making without telling me since they know I'm doing this.

Me and my MIL had a good talk though, I bought her a huge bottle of wine and I had rum and diet pop. We talked about my SIL and I expressed how I felt and she agreed with me and said she understood. She also told me that she's talked to her a few times about how the diaper change table is ours and it's not hers to ask for. I told her how she kept bringing it up and how it was bugging me.

All in all, meal will probably stall me but I feel better after that talk :)

aud
02-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Tx icard, I enjoy your posts too and boy do I hearya on the baked goodies. "The Cookie Lady" is back at it at the plant - mouth watering goodies sacked up in lil take-home bags. I have got some, but leave out for my DD's so luckily are GONE by the time I wake up lol. Having the cheesecake at the ready is really helping me with the "Poor Deprived Me" Syndrome that I find myself getting into over and over . . . whether I eat any or not . . . it's just that I COULD.:dizzy:

PS: Are you lactose intolerant?

Tell me more about Salad In A Jar rho . . . tired of my $$$ salad veggies wilting away in the crisper b4 I know it. Just cut up "dry" leafies and put in jar?

I weigh 10 POUNDS LESS on the 2 scales at the gym in the plant airomatic . . . but started with the home digital, and it is with it I shall stay.:(:cool:

This salisbury-stall will pass steph . . . but know you're aggravation . . . has happened to me quite a few times. Glad MIL is supportive on whack-SIL . . . things like that can get ugly fast. Is there a recipe for your taco sounding salad or do you just toss the ingredients you mentioned? Sounds YUM & different.

Thinking I might have had the water weight thing mentioned about starting to work out - there were lines around my ankles from my socks - that I don't normally have. Think my body is adjusting tho' cuz I'm down 2 more pounds - ohhhh yeah!:carrot:

Taking the fish and broccoli to work tonite - along with trusty shake. Din't plan out the menu's like I wanted to but got more fishfishfish, chicken, turnips, parsnips, heavy cream in the house. (I gain on milk too btw)

Have a great week Easter Challengers . . . off to change ticker . . . :)

lcard
02-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Remember girls....nothing tastes as good as thin feels!! YA!!

rho1640
02-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Here is the place I first saw about salad in a jar

http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/skinny-secrets/salad-in-a-jar

But if you google it you will find lots of ideas from lots of other people too. And I just saw that they are reintroducing the pint and a half mason or Ball jars if I see them I may buy some. You can do the salad in a jar with the handheld sealer and jar attachment too - I have seen them in Walmart and wholesale stores so you don't need the big machine (but I do love mine) The whole sucking the air out of the jar is what really helps it stay nice for days..

Stephanie so glad you MIL supports you in this - just ignore the wack-a-do SiIL - I know easier said than done .. I don't think the Salisbury steak will mess you up too much - wish I could think of a good solution for you for those times.

Air good for you changing your stats to match the digital - I know that had to be hard .....why is it when a scale is different it is different and right being lower :dizzy:

4myloves
02-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I've not been checking in lately because I've been eation OOC! Anything and everything in sight, especially CHOCOLATE! I've gained 4 lbs. in, like 3 days. UGH.

I'm discouraged.....And that has the tendency to make me want to eat even MORE MORE MORE! :(

StephanieM
02-28-2012, 11:14 AM
aud, it's got 2 carbs worth of lettuce (which is A LOT, haha), two tbsp of sour cream (2 carbs) two tbsp of salsa (1 carb) and 2 oz of grated cheese (1 carb) and ground beef (0 carbs). It's really yummy! I made it with a mix of cheddar and monteray jack last night, my husband loved it! He's actually getting kind of jealous of the food I make for myself and now wants me to make him the same stuff for dinner, haha. He doesn't need to lose weight though, he is actually underweight at 6"3 and 145 lbs.

rho, yeah I am glad she understands. I love my MIL (how many people can say that?) and she is a really great person. She's really easy on her kids though, and my FIL is a hard *** so when they want something they go to her, haha. My husband is apparently the favourite, he said his mom told him that once. His sisters know it though, they've said to me 'Oh yeah, Dylan is the favourite!' haha.

167 today, almost done my pack of birth control so I'm hoping my first TOM is coming soon. I'm excited to get it over with. Once it's over with I'm going to have my husband measure me again and we'll check with the ones that I took at the start and see if I'm losing inches :)

StephanieM
02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
4myloves, recognise what you are doing and stop right now! You can do this! Think of your Easter goal everytime you want to eat something.

Maybe make it a goal to check in here daily and post what you eat, that way you are holding yourself accountable :)

aud
02-28-2012, 02:35 PM
I've not been checking in lately because I've been eation OOC! Anything and everything in sight, especially CHOCOLATE! I've gained 4 lbs. in, like 3 days. UGH.

I'm discouraged.....And that has the tendency to make me want to eat even MORE MORE MORE! :(

awww :hug:4myloves:hug: . . . hang in there! I think it's great that you even posted what's going on. I know from feeling like you're feeling how hard that is to do! I always feel better after posting here - even when I'm discouraged. Something I'm working hard on is that when I do go OffP, I am trying to STOP right then rather than waiting til the next morning . . . or the next day etc.

It's hard.

But lately I'm getting waaay better at putting the brakes on any slide . . . by just thinking being OffP isn't the end of me trying for a new WOL/WOE, and if I stop right away, it will just be a blip on the radar of the journey. I'll either take a walk or a long shower and think "OK, now I'm back OP!" So much of this is "mental" or a "mind set" for me. Hope you'll keep checking in and letting us know how you're doing.:hug:

Loved the salad in a jar blog and also went to the link in comments where the vegetables were added in rho . . . off again Friday so going to check out the hand held thingie then . . . this whole idea appeals to me on so many levels: $$$ saved and also right there and handy when I don't feel like chopping etc!

"Taco'ey" Salad going on my to-try list steph---I'm thinking barbQ pork rinds for some crunch?

Today is my loooong day . . . up early and working 2:30-4am . . . it's my day off from the gym tho, but still planning to get long walk in. Others are even noting that my mood is greatly improved . . . NSV?

airomatic
02-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Rho it was a bit disheartening but I wasn't too surprised, I definitely felt like I had gained more than 9 pounds in the 4 months I was off plan and I was right it was 12. But on good news I weighed myself today and I was 221 so 1.4 pounds lost in a day, kind of equals the negative feelings. Also I might have to try the salad in the jars idea, they would be perfect for work and school. No more buying salads out.
4myloves its definitely hard once you feel yourself slide, I agree with Stephanie that a daily check in might help. I have found that I am eating way better now that I am documenting everything and no matter how much I want something I cant have I will have to write it down (and probably feel it later) and that's huge motivation to avoid it.
Stephanie I made my own version of a taco salad last night with ground turkey, lettuce, sour cream, pepper jack cheese and salsa last night. It was sooo good! Thanks for the idea!

StephanieM
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
It is such a good salad! It's fun alternating stuff and trying different things too :) Since we have a freezer full of beef that we got for Christmas (the freezer and the beef was our present haha) I can do a lot of experimenting :)

My daughter had her 2 month shots yesterday and she is super cranky and tired at the same time. If I'm not holding her she wakes up and starts crying again. It's going to be a long day, so no working out for me haha.

lcard
02-29-2012, 12:03 AM

Don't give up! Focus on everything you have done so far!

I had a feeling tonight I needed to eat chicken wings and fries....instead I went and had a long bath :)

rho1640
02-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Morning all :D

I have had this stinking sinus thing goiing on for a few weeks last night I felt so crummy we ordered Chinese in. I got pepper steak and had a cup of the broth from won-ton soup - no rice or actual won-ton. I knew it wasn't perfect but I did the best I could. I was gas bloated last night (and still this morning) and I had horrible horrible heartburn last night - a good reminder to stay away from things isn't it. Did I feel like this all the time before and didn't realize it because it was the norm?

I NEED to have things in the freezer to pull out and heat up when it's a bad day (or week) not just for sinus headache days but for regular for me days (I have a few chronic health issues that can effect day to day) so I don't need to fall back on Chinese food (the only thing that delivers in my small town) so Sunday I will take everything out of the freezer and go thru it to see what I have in there - I need to make room to do this too ... (garbage pick up is Monday so that is why I will do it Sunday - I'm sure there will be this to get rid of in the back of the freezer lol)

Stephanie I don't cook different meals for hubs and myself - I just supplement his with potatoes or rice or pasta when it is called for or else he just eats what I eat. And we know what they like so it isn't like we are making things they would hate :D How is the little one doing today?

4my - you can do it!!

Icard - WHOO HOO on the long bath instead of fries .. You can bake wings
with spices and have them btw though ;)

I need to get something done today - anything! :dizzy:

StephanieM
02-29-2012, 11:47 AM
186.0 today, a new low but I'm definitely bloated. I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning and realised I was sucking in my stomach. When I let it out I was like 'holy crap' haha.

rho, she's doing good! Sleeping in her swing. Still a little fussy from her shots.

I actually have a little extra help this week. There was a gas leak at my husbands work and they called off work for the rest of the week. He went in Monday and they sent him home because it was -23 and they won't work when it's that cold, he worked yesterday, but now has the rest of the week off. It's nice because he's going away Friday for a few days so I can get a lot done in advance.

I also notice I keep writing 16- when I type my weight. I've caught myself a few times but realise in my last weigh in I said I weighed 167, haha. I think that's where my heart is right now since I was 164 when I found out I was pregnant. Wishful thinking I guess!

airomatic
02-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm a little frustrated with myself today I had a slip last night though I'm kind of laughing too. I've spent the last couple of days encouraging a friend of mine to go on Atkins as she's been struggling with her weight and spent some time saying "No don't eat that!" so of course I struggle. I've been staying with my mom to save money and she keeps bringing home cookies and stuff even though we've talked several times about how I don't want it around and if she can at least keep it to a minimum so last night I had a couple bites of cake. I swear it's been taunting me for days and I've been trying to encourage her to finish it off and gave a bunch to my son and thankfully it's almost gone but I am a little mad. On the bright side I was forced to do exercise at my PT appointment this morning, probably about 10 minutes going backwards on the elliptical (it's starting to get easier yay!) and 30 minutes doing light strength exercises and I weighed myself after working out and I was 220.8 so hopefully I won't have too much of a stall, I will try to drink lots of water today to flush it all out.
lcard one thing I did last summer when I wanted fries was make cauli tots, they don't hold together like tater tots but they're pretty good. You just puree up cooked cauliflower and roll them in parmesan cheese or pork rinds and bake them.

aud
02-29-2012, 05:19 PM
DH's sinuses have been killing him the last few days too rho, wonder what's in the air? Good luck on getting things done . . . I had so much planned for this 3 day weekend, and found out late last nite we've got repair issues so will be there to represent 10 hours fri and sat:( . . . on the bright side, one of the reasons I returned to this job was to make more $$:cool: so there is that . .

Loving the sound of cauli-tots airo . . . got two heads in the fridge that need SOMETHING done with lol . . . I do best when I do have some pre-made meals in the freezer. We are soooo surrounded by processed, easy to grab junk/carbs in this world and my household in particular, it pays to be prepared!

Now if I couild only take my own advice!:dizzy:

Scale is just not budging lately, despite being totally OP. I know it's the added weight work in the gym totally shocking this old wore-out/out-of-shape bod o'mine . . . so far I'm taking it in stride but cautious that I don't get that subliminal "To **** With This I'm Not Losing Weight Anyway" self-destruct thought pattern going!

Concentrating instead of how GOOD I feel . . . energy up (and lately my skin is looking great--who knew??? Must be the OXYGEN?) and reminding myself how cool it is to eat all this rich, satisfying food . . . feeling full . . . all while being on a DIET!:carrot:

Nope, not deprived a bit on Atkins.

Off the fish and chicken tonight - have some pork roast slices with a few shrooms, broccoli with what's left of the homemade cheese sauce and trusty EAS chocolate shake (I put a splash of Davinci Chocolate, a sprinkle of real cocoa and a splash of heavy cream to make it even more yummy . . . also got one of those blender ball shake-y cups that whip the heck out of it whenever I get around to drinking it hours from now) and headed out for the nite shift . . . CYA all in the Wee!

lcard
03-01-2012, 12:34 AM
You all are so funny!! I might try some chicken wings with the spices!!

My boss said the funniest thing the other day. "People on a diet are like born again Christians. They want to preach their crap, but no one wants to listen!" HA HA HA!!!

lcard
03-01-2012, 12:36 AM
OOOh and I have a NSV - I bought a new summer leopard raincoat tonight at Walmart. L size instead of XL! I am hoping to donate it to charity by Easter :)

airomatic
03-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Aud I have that problem too, I always end up scrambling right before I head to work or school trying to throw something together.
Congrats lcard! I had a NSV today too-I bought a pair 16 pants, a size smaller than what I wear currently. They're a bit tight but hopefully by Easter they will be a bit loose :)

lcard
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
That is awesome Air! Congrats!!

GemIAm
03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Checking in for the first time in 3 weeks! So far, I am cruising along toward goal.

SW 260.4
WI 2/16 - 1.8
WI 2/23 - 3.2
WI 3/1 - 5.2
Current Weight: 250.2 lbs
Loss toward goal: 10.2 lbs WOOT!

:dancer:

StephanieM
03-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Wow, I've had this page open all day but I've been so busy I haven't been able to post until now!

Congrats GemIAm! That's a great loss!

I'm 186.0 again today, went to the doctor, had my pap and Sloane had her 2 month check up. Got a perscription for birth control that I have been sampling for a month and seroquel for my mood. At the pharmacy she was telling me that there is a lot of bloating for the first month or so when you start this birth control. No wonder! I guess starting a new diet while starting birth control might not give me the most accurate weight measurements.

lcard
03-02-2012, 01:38 AM
WTG GEM! That is awesome!

Lately I have had alot of stress from work and I have found that I am dealing with it differently now. Instead of eating, I am actually thinking and feeling much more now. SCAREY!!

rho1640
03-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Morning everyone :D

You are all doing so great - and not just in weight loss but in understanding - like working out can stop numbers but remember there can be inches going -- so maybe get something a size too small or something snug from your closet and keep trying it on while the scale isn't moving. ..

Stephanie - just keep hanging in - you are losing so imagine what will happen when your hormones even out from the pregnancy and from the BC pills - and yay on the other meds - just remember how you felt last time you were able to take them and I don't know if it will effect losses too but maybe you could do the same and do a snug pair of pants or something in addition to scale for a bit just in case.

Gem - WHOO Hooo Doing great!

Yay Air!! Love it!

Aid - ugh on losing the 3 days but YAY on extra money!

I'm going to have to try those cauli-tatos too - sound good. Thanks for the idea air.

iCard - WHOO Hooo on the raincoat in L. I can't wait till I hit that point!

I've been trying to up my calories because I realized that even though I'm not hungry I've been having many days a week I am under 1,000 calories and I think that is why I'm slowing up in weight loss - so last night I was wishing I had something creamy and sweet - so I took a tbs of coconut manna and a tbs of cream cheese and two drops of sweetner and mixed it up and ate it with a teeny tiny itty bitty spoon and only used the very tip of that so it lasted and wasn't a lot at once and it hit the spot - not perfection but good for a quick treat.

Who would ever think you would be on a diet that has yummy food and you are so full you have to force yourself to eat more in order to lose weight :dizzy::D:dizzy:

I decided I am going to try to take back a pair of the jeans and exchange for a size smaller - they still have the tags on them and the salesperson was right I should have gone down one more size - I still can't believe I am in the size I'm in -- I look at it when I pick it up and my mind goes to "not going to fit - no way it's going to fit". I also can't believe I thought I would just be going down one size from 28 to 26 and instead I'm getting size 20 to fit .... Next week I am doing a closet purge and I will be down to about 3 outfits unless I pick up a few tops so I can make it equal more - and I think I need to shop before I get to that big a difference again hehehehe.

Dreading tomorrow - my friends husbands graveside service and celebration of life .. My husband is working a show he signed up for and paid for the tables months ago so he can't come - I'm dreading it for a myriad of reasons - I hate funerals of course and I feel so bad for my friend but I also don't do crowds well ... I won't stay long but it will be torture for me. I can do ok if we are at a function with a table of friends then I can concentrate on the small group but in a room full of people I get beyond anxious - and imagine I am married to Mr. sociable who needs people like most people need air.

StephanieM
03-02-2012, 01:50 PM
rho, I don't do well with funerals or crowds either. I feel awkward and I'm unsure of how to act. One of the reasons I take my meds is because of anxiety.

187.0 today. I thought of having my husband measure me but what's the point if I'm bloated anyways? I hope I get TOM this cycle. I'm starting to doubt it will even come.

Husband went out of town this morning for a few days, MIL is taking my daughter tonight and I'll be going out to the gay bar with my SIL who I get along with. I'm excited, I think it will be fun. Just have to remember to nap so I don't want to go home at 9pm again haha.

aud
03-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Doin' a "drive by" :cool: to say CONGRATS to ALL hanging in there/losing weight/feeling great and those NSV's too! :carrot:

(Keep wanting to type "SUV's" lol:dizzy:)

Tx for posting about being OP and not losing weight rho:hug: . . . not discouraged yet and still lifting weights and walking - but the scale won't budge.:devil: But I is hanging in there and concentrating on how dang good I feel! Hang in there too steph . . . bc/meds and post-partum-y time - what a combo - so proud of you!

Off for another nite shift - at least the plant isn't running, but have already worked 45 hours this week so hope to sneak off for a lil shut eye after my work out . . . cya all in the Wee!

StephanieM
03-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks aud :)

186.0 today, got TOM last night! Just before we went out to the bar too. It's insane and I'm super bloated. I felt gross in everything I wore. Also slipped in the snow down my SIL's steps and a step nailed me in the back. I'm expecting a big bruise! I'm really sore. Can't wait until my MIL brings my daughter back to me so I can cuddle her and take a nap :)

airomatic
03-04-2012, 03:52 AM
I was 221.6 this morning, my sleep has been more messed up this week from work than normal. I went 36 hours without sleep from Wednesday afternoon to Thursday evening and normally I get a bit of a nap in there but I did pretty well foodwise and eating consistently. Both yesterday and today I've slept in until late afternoon, today I went to bed about 11am and work up at 8pm, the most sleep I've gotten on a Saturday and didn't eat until I got to work at 9:45 so I feel a bit off currently. I do my official weigh in Monday so thankfully that will be after some normal sleep but I have a feeling the lack of sleep is affecting any possibility of a major drop in numbers. I'm also thankful I only have a few more weeks of a crazy sleepless schedule because the school term ends the 23rd and starting beginning of April I will have a school schedule that coordinates more with my work schedule and I will actually be able to get some normal sleep time in :)
Stephanie: Congrats on finally getting TOM, hopefully those numbers will start dropping quickly :)
Aud: thanks for the protein shake mention, I have been adjusting to using almond milk and I had half and half so added a splash of that and it makes it super delicious (I also tried adding davinci syrup and that's amazing too :))
Rho: I found a salad in the jar idea that had dressing in the bottom, I don't know how it will hold up long term but I made a couple for work and it's brilliant!, no vacuum sealing but I think I might get a handheld sealer to help my lettuce stay fresh longer :)

StephanieM
03-04-2012, 02:13 PM
184.8! I knew I would get a drop finally once I got TOM :) Last night was rough. I'm not sure it was because my husband is away but Sloane would not sleep last night. She wasn't upset, she just decided she wanted to be up all night. She was giggling and smiling away in her bassinet.

I put her to bed at 9pm, she was up at 11:30, then again at 1. I pulled her into bed with me since it's a queen and there's a lot of space to where I feel safe with her being next to me. Then at 2:30 in the morning I get woken up by the girlfriend of the guy who my husband went on the trip with. She is upset because he pocket dialed her and she heard a knock and then a womans voice. I flipped out and called my husband because she was freaking out and asked him where his friend was. My poor husband was actually asleep and was like 'I don't know, I think he's still out drinking'

So glad I don't have to worry about that crap from him. We finally got up at 8 am this morning, my husband should be home around noon. Today is also the day we get my step daughter so I get to primarily take care of our daughter while my husband gives her attention. Thank god he took Monday off to give me a bit of a break.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

rho1640
03-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Air - cool on the salad working - I remember Tupperware used to have tiny little containers that would be perfect for salad dressing - wonder if they still have them... I was thinking if they did you could nestle one in the greens when you are fixing the salad. I looked a long time ago at salad to go containers online they had a spot in the cover that you would press and it would open the dressing then you would shake the salad .. So I was trying to come up with something like that idea.

Eye doctor in about an hour - ugh time for a check up but also I've been having light flashes in the outside corners of my eyes for the last couple of weeks so want it checked - I'm pretty sure it is just occular migraines but better safe than sorry right - but I'll be dilated most of the afternoon - for some reason things like that stay with my body longer than most people .... Stoopid body -- pain meds barely work but things like that stick around....

Tomorrow starts my serious walking start - I will get my stuff together and pick a time to head to the Rec. Center - I will build it up slowly but I need to get into the habit again dang it!

aud
03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
My schedule lately sounds like yours air . . . sooo exhausted. Sad to report that I went OffP and am in the resulting stall, but since I was stalled anyway, trying not to beat myself up. On a brighter note I've kept up on my workout routine/weights and even got in a bike ride yesterday.

Keep pushin':cool:

Bet you'll keep feeling better with TOM arriving finally, steph. I know I always did.

What's coconut manna rho?

Congrats gem--you're doing great!:carrot:

Where areya anaB & icard?:(

Setting my own hours today . . . gotta get a grip and be prepared on changing hours . . . that and lack of sleep seem to be my downfall lately.

rho1640
03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Just a quick note - remind me not to stress mainline carbs for the next week or so everyone - going for an MRI on Thursday of my brain (guess we will know for sure if I have one or not then) there is a slight chance of a tumor on my pituitary gland pressing against the x where the optical stuff goes into the brain. Poop! :devil::mad:

airomatic
03-05-2012, 03:13 PM
220 today so almost halfway to my goal :)
Rho: Oh no I hope everything turns out positive :) It won't let me post the link but Tupperware has things called midgets, maybe that's what you are talking about. I think I have a couple around here I used to use them to carry formula, they probably would be good
Aud I definitely think lack of sleep can lead to a slow down of weight loss or a stall, also because I went so long without sleep I ate much more than normal so all of that factors in.

GemIAm
03-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Just a quick note - remind me not to stress mainline carbs for the next week or so everyone - going for an MRI on Thursday of my brain (guess we will know for sure if I have one or not then) there is a slight chance of a tumor on my pituitary gland pressing against the x where the optical stuff goes into the brain. Poop! :devil::mad:

Rho..here's to hoping everything turns out fine! :goodluck:

Yes it's scary....breathe & journal, cry if you need to...carbs are NOT your friends.

StephanieM
03-05-2012, 09:57 PM
rho, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope it turns out to be nothing.

I'm thinking of trying this recipe tomorrow night for dinner: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/bacon_beef_rolls.html

My husband seems into it so that's a plus, haha.

186.0 today. It's probably because an afternoon at the in laws turned into dinner again. It was a texas style chili. I know it had brown sugar and beans in it so that isn't great, and who knows what else.

I'm extra motivated to stay on plan, even on those nights now. I realised my medication I'm on can cause weight gain, and from my extensive reading it seems like Atkins or other low carb diets are best while on this medication as to not gain and to maybe even lose. A lot of people report that they get cravings for carbs on it.

rho1640
03-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Steph and Gem thanks ... I think if it weren't Monday (local pizza place is closed) I would have fallen into either a pizza, a calzone or ravioli tonight ..

I'm not really worried just concerned worried ya know - I'm more worried about freaking out in the MRI -- I got a script for 2 Valium so I will take one an hour before and bring one with me to take there if needed.

Also not totally thrilled that I have to have blood work done tomorrow to be sure my kidneys are find BEFORE they will do the test - what the heck are they injecting me with?

Well that and money - I need to win the lottery -- but I guess you must buy a ticket to win right..

Steph that is a good recipe - hubs likes it and he doesn't like meatloaf...

StephanieM
03-06-2012, 10:01 AM
rho, valium! That sounds fun. Will you have someone to take you there and pick you up? And I hear ya on the lottery. We need a bit of that too. I watch 'The Lottery Changed My Life' and I like to think about what we would buy with that money.

186.4 today. TOM is just about over it seems, but still here. Not sure why my weight won't go down, unless it is my medication. Everything I read about seroquel and weight gain is so scary. Some people gain 30 or more lbs in a month on it. For some people it causes carb cravings and uncontrollable hunger, for others they eat well and work out but it's twice as hard to lose the weight.

So here's my plan:
-Take vitamin B in the morning so I'm not feeling lazy all day, it'll help me with energy
-Going to watch my calories more than I usually do. I count them but don't set a limit.
-Drink more water! This is something I've slipped on lately.
-Push myself to find a way to work out. I think my daughter might be calm long enough for me to work out if I put her in her swing at the right time.

rho1640
03-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Steph - yes the hubster will take me and pick me up and I already set it up that he will drop me off at my knitting group in the afternoon and a friend will drop me off on the way home - I figure since I don't take that I will have a plan in case it takes awhile to leave my system :D.

Oh and WHY OH WHY am I stressing about today's blood work to test my kidneys? It's a good thing - I'll know For sure how they are no matter what - maybe I'm afraid they will tell me not to do LC. And I don't know if I could do that anymore ....

Don't stress about the meds - I bet the peole they talk about weren't watching what they were eating at all and you are doing right things - and if it slows the loss down - who cares if you feel better overall - and it is a live-it we are doing - and we know we will always be doing a version of it just a looser version when we get to our personal goals.....

I was thinking maybe you can turn on some really upbeat music and dance around with lots of energy and if your daughter wants to be held you can dance around with her - but if she is in the swing interact with her - sing - dance to her etc. and make it fun!

Let me know how the bacon meatloaf turns out.

airomatic
03-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Rho: do you have a fear of enclosed spaces? I've had two mri's in the last year and it wasn't too bad, they gave me headphones and turned on music for the most part I just closed my eyes and ignored it as much as I could but I was definitely glad to be done.
Stephanie: I think it helps that you are aware of the risks and one thing I've noticed is most anti-depressants have a side effect of weight gain and I think it's because some people when depressed stop eating so the med brings back their appetite and their body is still in starvation mode so it retains the fat. I think as long as you pay attention to what you eat you'll be fine :)

rho1640
03-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Air -- I am - I don't even like elevators :o I'm going to ask about the headphones for sure... Fingers crossed ..

So I took my second pair of jeans back and got the next size down :D I still look at the 22 and think they are way too small -- but then I put them on and they fit and within 20 minutes are too big - I still can't imagine wearing size 20 (remember I originally went in with size 28 and went down from that - but trying on 26 thinking that was what I needed). I also hit Walmart and got sweat pants that were on super duper sale at $3 so I got in the size I'm in and the next down - hey for $3 it's good and I wear comfy at night (plus I'm always cold now that I'm losing my insulation :o )

Steph I agree with air -- you will do great because you are aware and are LC'ing it - and also focus on how good you felt on it before .. That is going to help lots too...you will want to do all the right things you need to do..

airomatic
03-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Rho-congrats on the smaller pants, it will definitely take you some adjusting but I'm sure it's a great feeling. You can always get a pair of thermal pants or leggings and wear them under jeans that are a bit loose, helps keeps the pants on and keeps you warm :) I'm sure you'll be fine in your MRI, hopefully it goes by quick. Both times I got mine, the guy would tell me how long each session was going to be and always asked how I was doing, I'm pretty sure that's standard procedure and even if it wasn't they should if you tell them your fear. I think the valium will definitely help and if you're lucky even put you to sleep (I have Klonapin for anti-anxiety and it makes me sleepy).

rho1640
03-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks Air...

I finally broke my stuck (too short to call a stall - just since Valentines day). I'm hoping to be in a new decade of numbers in a day or two ... Why will that seem so huge it's only a half a lb away but a half pound seems tiny and a new decade seems huge :dizzy:

And to think I had to force myself to eat MORE to lose is incredible ... :D:D

StephanieM
03-07-2012, 11:19 AM
I've been staying strong despite the fact my weight has been bouncing around, I haven't deviated from plan other than dinners at the in laws on Sundays. I have been feeling down about the fact my weight won't budge and I'm scared it's the pills doing it. What I've read about them is they can't pin point why people gain, some people because it makes them eat in a trance like state and others just gain without changing their eating because it messes with their metabolism.

I woke up this morning sick and thought 'screw it, I'm going to have some toast and neocitran' I've been sticking to this hoping for a drop and it just hadn't come.

But then the scale said 185.6. Almost a full lb from yesterdays weight. I don't know if it's because I've been better with my water, took the vitamin B, or if it's because I kept my calories around 1200. I'm going to look through my book and see what caused most of my drops. I think I might just have to work harder to lose the weight on this medication.

rho, glad your past your mini stall! I hope I can start seeing lower numbers each day again too :) I'd love to be in the 170's! I was 164 when I got pregnant and the 170's are so close to that. Plus being below 175 means I go from obese to just overweight.

airomatic, it's the people saying they didn't change their eating and still gained that scare me. I hope I can fight this!

AnaBee
03-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi guys! I'm here!!! I'm so sorry I haven't posted, this week has been really busy at work. Thanks for asking after me Aud and sorry to hear you've stalled but yay for keeping on keeping on.

Steph, I think you're doing great with your plan to handle the possible med -side effects. And staying low carb we know helps us to keep the carb cravings at bay. Those people who gained heaps probably already ate higher carb and if it made them crave more then the poor things were doomed. But you know so much more and are on top of things.

Rho, you'll be fine. I had an MRI last year and I was freaking out (and I didn't even get valium - that sounds great!) and it was all good, and I'm claustrophobic too, I don't even like sleeping bags, lol. My problem was I couldn't keep my foot still enough (it was of my ankle).

Congrats on the losses everyone!!! I started counting calories and for once I've been good at tracking. I've come to accept that I don't lose *just* counting carbs. Anyway, counting but not obsessing which is good because the other day I ate nearly 4000! I got into the whipped cream. But it was such a good example of how eating low carb keeps the insulin down so you don't store fat, because I didn't see any gain from that at all. Luckily! I was higher carb too as I was eating way too much yoghurt. Going to stop that again as yoghurt is something I crave (even plain, unsweetened).

And the other day I was on the bus and I was majorly craving stuff I shouldn't have. It's dangerous because my bus stop is at the supermarket and I have to decide *before I get off* what I'm going to buy. Anyway, I was reading "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson and just as I was having those cravings, I got to these lines (from his friend):

'I know I can't drink. I know I can't have just a couple of beers like a normal person, that pretty soon the number will creep up and up and spin out of control. I know that. But'. (and then he described how he loved it and how he missed going to taverns). And no disrespect intended to people with alcohol problems but in my mind I substituted 'starchy food' and re-read it with that in mind and it really helped me accept the cravings, accept that I wasn't going to feed the craving and to move on. And I bought something on plan. It was weird, but a really powerful feeling acknowledging that I can't eat just a bit of cake, or pizza or whatever, that it would spiral out of control. I used to let the cravings be more powerful than me (and I probably will continue to feel that way) but man, accepting it but still not giving in was great. Of course, I forgot all about it when I had some corn chips the next day and I've been fighting the cravings that induced ever since, but I feel stronger anyhow.

ok, back to work, bye!!

StephanieM
03-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Good to see you back AnaBee!

I really have to watch my calories now, especially if I want to losses to keep going. I'm just one of those people. I bet if you cut your calories down to between 1400-1800 you would lose quite quickly! And also cut out the dairy for a bit (except for maybe a little cheese). Dairy seems to stall a lot of people.

rho1640
03-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I use LoseIt to track my foods - and it is mainly calorie specific but it does show carbs too. I just have to go to a second page to show the nutritional info on daily carbs ... I like concentrating on the carbs but seeing the calories too - just as a reminder - and you can set limits for the calories and carbs for the day too.

Steph maybe as your body gets used to the meds it will do better .. But you do have an advantage or two over the others - you know it is a possibility and you are doing LC --- I bet most of the people gaining are eating low fat and high fiber trying to diet and that is making it worse for them.

Broke into the next decade today YAY! And last night did roasted cauliflower when I did hubs roasted potatoes - it was GREAT - may do it again today if hubs will stop for more cauliflower today... In fact hubs ate a ton of it too along with his potatoes :)

StephanieM
03-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Congrats on the loss rho!

Tonight we're doing a pot roast with onions and mushrooms in the slow cooker and I think tomorrow we're going to try that bacon beef roll recipe. The only thing that creeps me out is having to touch the raw meat with my hands to form it... yuck! I might have to put my dishwashing gloves on for that.

I'm still sick, feeling worse but stuck to my diet. 185.6 today, the same but that's fine. In the end if I lose 1 lb a week I'll still be happy because it is a lb I didn't have before. I am noticing something about my body looks different though, and I didn't think I would see a difference until at least the 170's like last time. I'm going to have my husband measure me this weekend to see if it's all in my mind.

aud
03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Another drive-by---still mega OT---still stalled---still working out/walking tho---from one claustro to another thinking of you rho:hug:--you will be fine!

Talk more later . . . :)

StephanieM
03-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I totally forgot to eat today. Whoops! I'm sick and not hungry, baby has diaper rash and just wants to be held, and before I know it it's 3:30. Gonna eat some veggies until my husband gets home in 2 hours and then it will be pot roast time!

AnaBee
03-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Mmmm, pot roast! How do you do it in the slow cooker, Steph? I have one but have only used it for sloppy liquidy type things.

Yay for being in the next decade rho!!!

Aud, keep at it, you'll get there! Just so long as you don't go back to eating like there's no tomorrow :-)

Steph, it helps to hear that you have to watch calories at around those levels. I feel like everything I read is all about how we don't have to count calories on low carb, but I really seem to have to too. I'm going to keep much better track - the week of logging I've done so far has really shown that I can very, very easily go way higher than I thought I was.

lcard
03-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey girls! Sorry I have been awol for a bit! I have been OP for the most part but did allow myself to cheat a bit at a customer event I had last weekend. Had a small piece of bread, some cheese and a few Coronas. WOW, did that ever stall my diet! Back on plan thou right after the weekend and so happy to see a new lower number on my scale! I am down 14 pounds total now.

Sometimes I get down because I wonder how this fat crept up on me! I joined WW 10 years ago, 20 pounds thinner then I am now. WTF?

I feel good thou, even 14 pounds I do notice. I am so motivated to keep going.

It hasn't been easy, but it sure has been worth it!!!

StephanieM
03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
AnaBee, we did the pot roast in the slow cooker, the stuff we put on/around it were mushrooms, onions, beef boiullion, olive oil, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper.

It was really good! We used three packets of the beef boullion and it was 2 carbs a packet. But most of the liquid we threw out, I ate the roast beef and just the veggies so I doubt it was too many carbs. The pot roast just falls apart too. The roast was a moose roast.

rho1640
03-09-2012, 09:45 AM
I did it!! I will know to ask for 1 10 mg Valium instead of 2 5 mg next time it took almost an hour and I am so sore today from my head to my toes from working so hard to not move a muscle (no way i was messing it up - and having to spend more time in it) I kept my eyes closed - even when they pulled me out to inject the contrast stuff. But one thing I want to put out to everyone - they have the ability to do a sedation thing there if your doctor orders it. I didn't have headphones or anything and couldn't find my happy place so I visualized the magnets lining up everything in my head for the pictures lol .and not hyperventilating .... So those took most of my concentration for the time period.

Steph your roast sounds yummy - a friend in Alaska had a place that processed his moose and part of it was done up into Italian sausauge - man I wish I had their recipe it was the best sausage for sausage and peppers I ever had! We do our own butchering and make our own venison sausage - but I don't think I'd want to undertake a moose :dizzy: we are way to fussy it would take forever ..

Having our hedge done today - cut from about 8 ft to about 4 ft - can you believe I live in a village that actually has hedge police starting in June and big fines if you don't fit into their guidelines (we can't maintain the tall hedge to their new standards and can't afford professional hedge people 3 or 4 times a year to keep it in the guidelines at that height so having it cut to where we can maintain it easier) - not a homeowners association and actual village law - along with a law that you can't have a clothesline in your yard... Seriously! Makes me crazy. They also regulate how high any fence can be - I really don't want my neighbor seeing into my yard or watching her out on her deck but now there is no choice ... Welcome to "The Hamptons".

Steph feel better quickly!

Aud - keep up the good work - if you are stuck but working out etc I bet you are shifting things around and firming up and losing inches - I kept thinking that you lose inches when your weight is t moving - get out something snug and keep trying it on ...

Doing chicken thighs tonight - will do it on the grill with homemade BBQ sauce I made up .. Didn't get my roasted cauliflower last night so maybe I will do that and broccoli tonight.

StephanieM
03-09-2012, 12:12 PM
rho, I'm glad it went well! Moose is delicious :) My FIL is a hunter and goes hunting each Fall and always gives us a bunch of moose. I can't believe your town regulates stuff that much, that's crazy!

I'm still sick, feel worse then ever but it's Friday. In 9 hours my husband will be home from work and I can hand him the baby and just relax. Her diaper rash is finally getting better too.

185.0 today. I want to graph my weight out because as much as it has been bouncing around lately it has been getting lower slowly. Even if I just lose a little bit each month I'll still stick to it because it's still weight I didn't have before. Tomorrow morning I'll have my husband measure me and compare to see if I've lost inches in the last month :)

aud
03-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Yaaay rho you made it!:carrot:

Hope you feel better soon steph:hug:

Hiya anaB - missed you!:hug:

And a HI to all Easter Challengers . . . sorry it's yet another drive-by . . . working my day off and again tomorrow . . . no end in sight but it's always feast or famine at this place!

Headed to the gym and got a new mystery from audible . . . cya all in the Wee!

lcard
03-09-2012, 10:48 PM
SO happy! I stepped on the scale this AM and was in another zone! LOL! Under 170! YA! This diet is making me kinda tired and I do miss some food but sh$t it feels great to loose 17 pounds!!! Tonight I had a big feast of Salmon and a treat of some healthy potato wedges! I need some energy!! :)

StephanieM
03-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Congrats icard! That's so great!

Thanks aud :) I'm feeling a little better (of course, it's the weekend now).

StephanieM
03-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Whoo hoo! I'm so happy this morning!

184.0, a new low!

Reviews of my journal show that I lost consistently when I didn't eat what the in laws made for dinner on Sundays and I stalled after eating what they made. I'm just not going to eat anything there for now and bring my own food :) Just trying to eat smart while there isn't working, even though I skipped the garlic bread there was still brown sugar and beans in the chili.

I also took my measurements and it's been 1 month since I last took them, and a 7.2 lb difference from then. (I've lost almost 13 lbs since starting Atkins though) This is how I lost:
-Half inch off my chest
-Half inch off each arm
-2 inches off my waist
-1.5 inches off my hips
-Half inch off my left thigh and an inch off my right (they are now the same size)

lcard
03-10-2012, 02:48 PM
WTG Steph! Yes - eating at other peoples houses or eating out is not always very easy!

I really should not weight myself every day. HA! I am up today, but I am not going to focus on that. The new high on my scale is way lower then when I started :)

My new thrill has been cleaning closests and donating everything to charity. I can't believe how I am pitching everything like crazy. I have never felt the need to get rid of clothes like I do now. ALL I want in my house is smaller clothes, that are fitting and nice! No boring or fat looking clothes allowed! :)

aud
03-10-2012, 03:16 PM
That is so great icard!:carrot: (Happy for you but also jealous lol:o:p j/k)

Wish I would have taken measurements:( I do know my bra and underwear are way diff

Gotta up my water too...think it'sa big factor in my stall . . . I also get only 4 - 6 hrs sleep while I'm workig my days off to boot . . . off to work again . . . hope to catch up with you all tomorrow . . .

StephanieM
03-10-2012, 11:02 PM
icard, that's great! I guess tonight we were supposed to go over for dinner but no one told us. Not sure if it's because my husband is mad at his sister and they didn't want them fighting or if they just forgot to tell us. His other sister told me they were having dinner tonight. We stayed in and we're making the bacon beef roll finally!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/bacon_beef_rolls.html

I'm excited to taste it, rho, I'll let you know how my husband likes it tomorrow! He's pumped about it, he said he feels so grown up making a cool, awesome looking meal like his parents would haha. He took pictures of it before and we'll take after pictures.

aud, it's never too late to take measurements. You can always start now :) And yes, water does help keep things moving! Hope things get easier for you so you can stay on plan :) I know you've been busy at work and with your work outs for the challenge. Just remember that staying on plan will help you with your work challenge ;)

airomatic
03-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Glad you made it through Rho :)
Way to go Stephanie and lcard on your losses!
I've been OP for the most part this week though had a couple of slides so my weight has been bouncing around but for the last day been going down. I was 221.6 yesterday and decided to weigh myself after I got off work before sleeping : 220 and after I woke up 219.2 so we'll see if that loss keeps going. Because of my slides this week I wouldn't be surprised if it bounces back up this week but I'm staying positive.
Aud I also need to get my water intake up, I feel much better when I'm drinking a lot, also I spent the last couple of days catching up on sleeping and I think that boosted my weight loss so hopefully you can find some time for more sleep :)

aud
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Chilly and gray here in MO . . . still determined to get out on my bike but wanted to relax and catch up here first . . . sipping a yummy coffee that I added cream and chocolate DaVinci syrup to while I try to think of what warm clothes I can layer up in.

Bad news travels fast rho . . . I'm sure if there was anything negative (or is it positive results lol) they usually tell you at the appointment . . . it's always good when they say the results take time, ya know? I've had bouts of avoiding elevators/MRI's and airplanes most of my life . . . now it's kind of a "comes and goes" type phobia for me . . . always carry valium but rarely take . . . just a relief to have in my purse.:o

I feel so good each time I de-clutter too icard . . . clothes and household! This months O magazine had whole sections on the hows and why's . . I fell into TWO categories of the mentality of saving stuff (something like the perfectionist who plans to something with someday lol . . . and the family historian/sentimental) . . . I am getting RID of each size as I go down this time and it feels great.

I also totally related to your post about alcohol(ism) being similar to the thought process of my carb/binge tendency anabee. For me, it really is like the famous saying something like---one drink is too many and a thousand is never enough (sorry can't quote exactly.) That's how I am with carbs, especially as I age, it's like I can't eat a normal portion of say ice cream or mashed potatoes . . . can't.get.enough.:dizzy: Being aware of this has really helped . . . the struggle is to STAY aware lol.

I weigh daily too icard . . . not because I'm particularly obsessed, but it just keeps me focused and gives me that "awareness."

Bacon beef roll looked yum steph! When I was on Atkins before, I ended up just bringing my own food to everyones house . . . even when friends and relatives are well meaning, the hidden carbs that they are not aware of would get me every time. Even salads etc. (My oldest DD is a red-head, with the fair sensitive skin that usually accompanies . . . I remember her bouts with diaper rash quite well - and just thought of the powder that cleared her up: "Caldescene" -sp?- . . . it'sa pink round can with blue letters and a white lid. Just great.)

Didn't mean to write a novel here so just two more things: 1) I've identified my "staller" . . . you know how I posted I got off Diet Coke a few years back and now drink Crystal Light? I tried a new flavor (that is delish btw) "lemonade" . . . got to looking at the nutritional info late last nite and lo and behold it's got SUGAR in it!!!:mad: It's a C.L. version called "PURE" and made with sugar and stevia/truvia . . . I just bought it w/o thinking when I saw the truvia . . . anyhoo . . . the size water bottle calls for 2 packets and I'm counting 6 carbs right? Well when I'm reading the info a serving size is A HALF PACKET . . . :mad::mad::mad:

I've been drinking liquid sugar . . . grrrrrrrr . . . no wonder I'm getting cravings and stalling, right???:mad:

Back to WATER (I struggle with plain water/intake too air0 . . . once in awhile if I remember, I slice lemon/lime) and the occasional REAL crystal light (cherry my fave..with crushed ice) :carrot:

okokok . . . last thing . . . my bra's are on the 3rd hooks over and my girdly panties are slipping and loose . . . going to take my measurements today steph--you're right, it's never too late lol:D and also throw the biggest/most uncomfortable right on in the trash!

Thanks for being here All . . . even when I'm just reading along it's so good to have you all here.:hug:

rho1640
03-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Oh no aud on the "staller" I bet this week younwill see a big difference. I need to start being better with getting in my water - I know it makes a big difference in howi feel even - I need to go back to my have a glass of water every time I leave the bathroom routine - it becomes a habit and is easy that way.

I'm trying something new - I have GERD - which is better since beginning this live-it but I hate taking meds for it - especially sincei tend to break if I fall already - so today I am starting mixing 2 tsp of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar in water and drinking that before meals - I will continue with my morning pill and if needed I will take the afternoon but I'm really hoping that this will help and in time I will be off the meds completely. Not to mention that the ACV is good for so many things other than that. But I'm hoping that the diet changes and losing weight will have made rough of a difference that doing this will help.

Yay on new numbers - don't you just love that feeling ICard

How was the bacon roll Steph? I've done it plain but I've also made a sauce with low sugar ketchup, nutmeg, sweetener, and something else that I am brain dead on right now - and spreadit on the meat then put the bacon on too and it was good.

This week i think I will make stuffed peppers but haven't figured which recipe to do ..

Oh I'm planning on going thu some of my clothes on Wednesday too - I'm hoping to get rid of a LOT of them (which sounds like I have lots but some things are 20 yrs old) I won't be buying a lot as I go down but and I will be wearing lots of the same things for awhile lol How fun that we are all doing this ..

I don't measure because I am afraid I won't hit the exact same spot each time - um yes I can be a tad obsessive ;) but I sure love seeing you all have such great results ..

StephanieM
03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
aud, my daughter might be a red head! Her hair is coming in and it looks kind of brown but in the sun light it looks red. My mom is a red head and I have reddish auburn type hair. We both have curly hair and freckles too (and sensitive skin and eczema issues). It'll be neat if she is a red head!

rho, it was soooooo good. My husband ate a whole roll to himself, I ate half a roll and had the rest for lunch yesterday. It's nice to have something different for dinner. Next time I'll make it with a carby side for him and a side salad for me. I could see myself eating just a quarter of it if I had a side salad, eating half was almost too much for me.

So, today is day 6 of being sick. Yesterday I did weigh at 183.8 and today 183.4 so looks like I'm losing steadily again :) But that may be ruined... yesterday they had Atkins products on sale when we went shopping. I stalled in the past with the bars because the whole sugar alcohol thing doesn't work for me. I did buy the shakes though because it's still only 2 carbs without subtracting the sugar alcohols. I mixed it with left over cold coffee we had and it was a nice treat :)

I was hoping if that was the only thing I did different I could figure out if it would stall me or not, but then last night my husband insisted I have a Halls before bed. I haven't had any since they are 3.5 carbs a tablet but he wants my cough to get better.

So I'm not expecting a loss tomorrow or the day after since it takes 2-3 days for something I eat wrong to show up.

I also think there is no way in heck that I'm going to make my St Patty's goal (though I'm close) or my Easter goal. I've decided if I'm in the 170's by Easter that will be fine by me :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

airomatic
03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I weighed myself today and I was 219.2 today. Had another PT appointment and I think the new place I'm going to is going to push me pretty hard, they said they want me in 3 times a week doing exercises which could take up to 2 hours, I have no idea how I'm going to find time to do that but hopefully it will help me lose (and help me manage my stress so the temptation to cheat goes down)

GemIAm
03-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Haven't been around since last week...terrible tragedy in my extended family, lost my aunt, uncle and cousin at the same time.

MY "default response" to grief and strong negative emotions is to eat and drink (everything in sight). I am proud to say that I only had ONE day off plan (and only had one shot of single malt and a 1/2 a beer...my Polish & Irish family does not believe in "sober mourning").

As of last Friday, I have lost a total of 32 lbs...& I have made it below 250 lbs.

rho1640
03-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Crud - had a whole post set - clicked off the page to do something online for hubs and it's gone :mad:

MRI showed no tumor - YAY! But still no idea what's up - will go back to eye doctor in a month to see if any progression --- then she mentioned neurologist .. Will not worry about that till it comes about. So instead will concentrate on the good things.... My retinas are great, my kidneys are working fine (needed to test them before MRI) no tumor and I would imagine if the doctor reading the MRI saw anything unusual it would be mentioned and nothing was said so I'm going with all good there too. :D

Stephanie you poor thing still being sick - just budget the carbs in for the Halls for now - your hubs is right you need to stop the cough at least to sleep... If It keeps up much longer go to the doctors maybe they have something to knock it out quickly..

I don't think I will be making my Easter goal either but it's just a number - if I had a good woosh maybe it would happen but that doesn't happen much for me - I plod along at my 1 to 1.5 loss a week usually but the stuck messed me up a bit.

Air - extending pt time on pt orders is good ... Yay.

OMG Gem. I am so sorry.. There are no words adequate to convey my sympathies to you and yours. You should be proud of yourself - I am!

GemIAm
03-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks rho. Very glad to hear your MRI results were clean!

aud
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
gem:hug:iam
:(

Only time for a drive by---did 5k on bike and still OP . . . catch up in the Wee

aud
03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Strangers would rub my oldest DD's red head in malls/grocery stores - red hair really brings out the "weird" in people for some reason steph lol:dizzy: . . . that powder (Caldesene) really would clear up any of her fair skin issues.

so glad about ur mri rho:hug:

new zones (i like this term!) for icard and air0!:carrot:

todays my loooong day---have to be there 230-4am---but am happy to report its going to warm up again today - hope to get a long walk in - yesterday got up in the 80's!

and also happy to report the scale is finally moving---hoping for a whoosh but know i won't get anywhere near my mini-challenge goal by saturday . . .

sorry for all the lower case typing - fingers killing me today - cya all in the Wee

StephanieM
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
GemIAm, sorry to hear about that! If you need to talk you know we are all here for you.

rho, I'm glad your MRI went well! No tumour is always good news :) Yeah, I'm going over on carbs slightly because of the Halls but still seem to be losing so I'll just take it slow :)

aud, it had gone away and now it looks like it's back! It was almost completely clear too. I think we're going to have to go to the store and look around since when I sent my husband he said he saw extra strength but didn't think to buy it (after I sent him to get something stronger too! He actually got a weaker cream). I'll look for that stuff though! She does have sensitive dry skin like I do.

183.2 today, still a loss but slowing down again. Probably the Halls, or possibly the Atkins shake I had on Sunday. I'll keep an eye on it. I feel like my stomach is finally starting to flatten out again. It's poofy and sticks out in a way it didn't when I was at a higher weight then this before. It's probably from pregnancy and will take time to go back in. 9 months to put it on and 9 months to take it off right ;)

Just to show you guys how big I was when pregnant, I'll post a pic! This was at 35 weeks and 3 days, I went to 40 weeks and 4 days. And a picture of my baby smiling :) I finally got a photo of it!

rho1640
03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Stephanie - your were adorable pregnant and the little ones smile is just too cute - and yep I think it will take awhile to lose the pooch in the tummy - just be patient - that little one was so worth it :D

Made the bacon roll meatloaf last night and overdid it - blargh ... Will make up a barbeque style sauce for it for leftover tomorrow and will freeze some of it for when hubs is away.. Quick meals for me - I'm not as bothered by overdone meat as hubs is ..

Going to do my salad in a jar this week for sure - ran to the produce store this morning .. So I'm set again with stuff for it. - was planning on cleaning out the fridge good today but a friend just called and is coming over to knit (her first baby sweater and hit a snag) so I guess that gets put off to tomorrow. Also got my planner faxed from the accountant for taxes - that will be Saturdays job I guess ... Ugh I hate hate trying to get everything together for that. I swear someday my life will be organized - I was the most organized person ever at work but it just never spilled over into my actual life lol.

I'm not eating enough again but it's because my LP is flaring and I have a huge ulcer on each side on my cheeks - the really sad thing is this slows my weight loss up... Well not to mention it just HURTS too :devil:

Oh well better get up and do a few things before Mary gets here... Have a super day everyone - it's beautiful here - I have windows open to air out the house even though it really isn't warm enough lol

aud
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Looking back I remember thinking of myself huge or big when I was preg and now looking back from the ripe ole age of 51, I see pics and see how cute I was and that's what I thought looking at your pic, steph! You look like a fabulous and healthy mom-to-be! And smiling Baby is a cutie-patootie to boot!

I still can wait for my first grand baby tho lol!:D

rho--remind me what "LP" is? Hope you feel better soon - it's gorgeous here too the last two days . . . up in the 80's. Haven't taken advantage of tho - just too dang exhausted.

1st weigh-in tonight for the fitness challenge. I'm going to ask the guy running it to do my measurements.

StephanieM
03-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks rho :) I figure if it got that big in 9 months it'll take awhile for it to look normal again, if it does. I don't mind overdone meat! My husband likes things a little rarer.

aud, I think being a grandparent will be the funnest part (but hopefully a longggg ways away for me!). My MIL loves it, she gets the fun of children but doesn't have to have them all the time, haha. My SIL just gave birth though so she's overworked taking care of my niece and sometimes my nephew when my SIL has to do school stuff. We've booked her to babysit for us in two weeks when some friends are in town though :)

183.0 today, still going down! With the Halls I'm hitting over 20 net carbs but still slowly going down. The Atkins shake doesn't seem to affect me like the bars once did either.

Taking my daughter to the walk in clinic tonight, diaper rash had her up at 1 am and I'm done with OTC stuff, I want something perscription. She's kept me busy all day. She keeps trying to suck on her thumb lately but when she makes a fist she has her thumb inside it and can't figure it out, haha.

airomatic
03-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Gem: Sorry to hear about your loss but staying on plan during tough times is no small feat!
Stephanie: Don't worry about your stomach, it will go back in eventually but if you are planning on having more kids I wouldn't focus too much on it. I'm sorry about your daughter's diaper rash. Have you tried natural baby rash creams? My son had a pretty bad one when he was about 6 months old and even Nystatin wasn't working but I used a natural ointment (I can't remember what it was for the life of me) and that worked. I've heard Burt's Bees or California Baby make good ones. I hope she feels better!
I was 218.8 today, slowly going down. I think I was eating too much before which sounds weird but I've never eaten much to begin with so I'm only eating 2 meals except when I'm working then it's 3 plus 1 or 2 snacks. I'm still working on upping my liquid. It's easier when I'm at work or school but I tend to forget if I'm at home.

airomatic
03-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Just a quick check-in, it's way past my bedtime. I did really well on food yesterday and last night at work and then today just went out the window. From a 10 hour shift last night, school and then a staff meeting I didn't really have time to eat and since I just had to pay to fix my car I don't have extra money to grab food. I did make a protein shake to get me through the staff meeting (plus a diet rockstar which usually I avoid) and that definitely helped me avoid the pizza they provided but now it's 10:30 at night and I've been up for 35 hours and too tired to eat. Hopefully all the caffeine won't throw off my body too much. I think I need to keep a box of bars in my car for days like today.
Hope everybody is doing well OP!

airomatic
03-16-2012, 02:45 AM
One other thing, has anybody tried Blue Diamond Almond/Coconut milk? The unsweetened kind has 0 net carbs and I love it much more than just plain almond milk. It is sweet and has a bit of a coconut flavor and is really good in protein shakes. I normally can't drink milk substitutes plain but this one I can.

StephanieM
03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
airomatic, we ended up going to the walk-in clinic to see if there was something more we could do. The doctor chastised me and asked me what I was doing and how I shouldn't have let it get like this :( I wanted to punch him. He's like 'Just let it breath, let her lay without a diaper, keep it dry'. Hello buddy, I let her lay during the day without a diaper but this kid pees every 15 minutes, it's kind of hard to keep her dry when I have to keep cleaning her up. He then told me to use a blow dryer on her bum to dry it.

And yesterday she managed to go 40 minutes without peeing after peeing 4 times in 20 minutes and I thought 'sweet, her rash will really get better now' and then she had a major pee and sprayed me! I didn't think that was an issue with girls, haha.

182.8 today :) Yesterday my weight was still 183.0. I was thinking of having a small cheat to encourage fast loss again but now that I'm not taking the halls things may speed up to .4 a day instead of .2 that I'm getting right now.

lcard
03-18-2012, 11:22 PM
hey girls! Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there! Dont give up! I stepped on the scale this week and I was down...but up a few today...love the bottom end of my body weight! LOL!

aud
03-19-2012, 01:47 PM
OffPlan-OffComputer . . . seeing the correlation here? lol:dizzy:

Hi All . . . your hours sound like mine air0! Brutal. Protein shakes are a great idea, going to a whip a few up as soon as I log off here . . . they really help me take the bloat down when I've been OffPlan.

Thanks for posting "not to give up," icard--reading that came at just the right time for me. I've def got a destructive cycle going, but remain determined.

Just need to get a bit more determined, right?:)

That Dr. sounds like a jerk steph, but has prolly seen lots of horrible Moms that he feels like he only has one shot at making a diff with? I dunno, just seems harsh over diaper rash. Wish I could send you some Caldescen (sp) I was in Walgreens the other day and spotted a lone can of it on the shelf . . . they don't seem to carry it any other place.

Off to raise the old ticker . . . thinking of hitting the trail b4 work . . . short week again, but long hours . . . back to checking in here once a day, trying to get a grip.

AnaBee
03-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Hey guys. I don't know where the time has gone but it seems to have been ages. I was sick last week and have managed to get out of the habit of eating meat - I seem to be living on dairy which is kind of bizarre and not particularly healthy feeling but is not having a negative effect on my weight. It was up last week for TOM but I was at 180.2 this morning. And I ate pretty badly off plan last week, I have to get out of the habit of 'treating' myself whenever I don't feel good. Treats don't make me feel better in the long run!

Gem, I am so sorry for your loss :(

rho1640
03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
So anyone else having early allergy problems - I've had a 4 day headache that I swear is allergies ... Picked up some Clariten to keep in my purse to see if I can stop it in its tracks if it starts up.

aud
03-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Yaaay and Hi anaB!:hug: Hope you're feeling better? And yes rho, everyone at work (even the young'uns;)) are suffering with allergies . . . sometimes to the point of vomiting at work!!! Bad headaches and nausea . . . red swollen eyes/faces . . . wicked stuff in the air!

Where areya steph???:( Miss catching up on your posts!

Hope you're doing as well as you can gem . . . hang in there with the extra stress!

Marathon freakin day yesterday:mad: Reminded me of some of your posts air0 . . . got about 5 hours sleep - left home 1:45pm and got home this morning 6:30am!!:dizzy: The good news is, I LOVE my job . . . and other good news is that I LOST ALL of my OffP/Binge bloat in one feel swoop!:carrot: The bad news is that I think sleep deprivation is . . . well . . . bad!:dizzy: . . . and I'm at the starting weight from my beginning to this challenge lol.:D But have a 3 day weekend and big Atkins plans . . . dh made the "white clouds" are whatever they are, dessert from linda's site to have on hand in the freezer . . . sampled one with coffee just now and are DELISH.

Off for my ticker change . . . hope everyone has a good Hump Day and checks in here . . . cya in the Wee Hours!

AnaBee
03-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Yay for losing your binge bloat, Aud!!!!! Sleep deprivation sucks, it makes me hungrier (and there's science behind that too) and lazy about keeping on plan. I hope you can get some more sleep soon but yay at least you love your job.

I hear you on being at start weight. I've realised I have to be really strict with myself or I don't lose at all and it's so easy to regain, I just hover around the same weight, agh! Will be at birthday dinner tonight and have been badly off plan today and that's it, strict induction again. I'm going to try intermittant fasting again too as I really struggle with breakfast these days and I tend to go off plan eating breakfast whereas when I don't eat it I eat fine at lunch and dinner. I've tried it before and I felt great but psychologically it's hard to stop eating breakfast, it's habit. From all i"ve read, the longer period of time without eating is excellent at lowering insulin levels. We'll see!

rho1640
03-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Aud Yay on the loss!! I'm just stuck ... I know my body is just adjusting to losing so much but it's still asking me nutso. And double yay on loving your job that just feels great doesn't it? I so understand the sleep deprivation though I get 4 to 5 hours of sleep with sleeping pills half that without - I'm one of the people who can understand how Michael Jackson felt if he really did die from an overdose of a medication that helped him sleep. I remember once having a procedure where they used the twilight meds and thinking "oh that is wonderful" as i felt my brain actually slowing down. I swear I can be exhausted and go to bed and the moment my head hits the pillow I am wide awake and my mind is racing .. Have tried meditation, self-hypnosis, natural remedies, behavior etc and the only thing that has a chance to help is a sleeping pill and some nights I'm still up twiddling my thumbs all night. Menopause was not a wonderful thing for me :devil:

Oh I ordered make-up!! Not full blown stuff but a stick that will give me some color - a friend said I must be feeling better about myself - and she is right! Now I can't wait to get it lol. I need some color - I swear if I stood in front of a white wall naked and closed my eyes I would disappear... :o

airomatic
03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Hey guys also went OP this week, just made it through finals but I need to find a much better way to handle all the stress. Weighed myself yesterday and was 219 so hopefully it will go down from there.
I think why I keep sliding is because I'm feeling like I'm at an impasse with food. I'm staying with my mom and her oven/stove isn't working which cuts out a lot of food options. There's an electric skillet, slow cooker and microwave but that's it and I haven't been feeling red meat, it's hard for me to eat it except for bacon and sausage. I might splurge and buy a convection oven which I think will at least open up some food possibilities for me. Anybody have any suggestions?
Oh and one NSV for me, I did notice some pants I bought around Christmas time which were pretty tight actually stretch out now and get a bit baggy, kind of a pain having your pants fall off but I can deal haha.
Good job losing your binge bloat Aud!
Ana: I'm the same way, I only eat breakfast when I have my son and I eat way less when I eat breakfast. I also seem to lose less.
Rho: I hear you on being white, it snowed here today, I just want it to be summer. I'm still pretty white in summer but usually have a bit more color.

aud
03-22-2012, 05:32 PM
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cream_cheese_clouds.html

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2-3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda *
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring

Beat everything with an electric mixer until fluffy. Drop by bite-size spoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Store in the freezer and eat frozen.

Makes 24 clouds

* I didn't think they were quite sweet enough with 1/2 cup so I used liquid Splenda to equal 3/4 cup granular. The counts are based on 3/4 cup Splenda.

NOTE: You can store these in the refrigerator and they will hold their shape quite well as long as they are good and cold.

With granular Splenda:
Per Cloud: 70 Calories; 7g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
Per 2 Clouds: 140 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per 2 Clouds: 134 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; .5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
Per 4 Clouds: 268 Calories; 29g Fat; 3g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

This is a recipe that's been going around the low carb community for years and I finally got around to trying it. They're very good but addictive. Something about eating them frozen is very nice. They basically taste like little bites of frozen cheesecake but you could make all kinds of variations by using different flavorings and adding chopped nuts, coconut, low carb candies and things like that. I've got some ideas in my head for variations so stay tuned.

aud
03-22-2012, 05:39 PM
These are GREAT! I've only been eating 1 a day and has helped with my need to have something like the ice cream in the freezer (my never ending struggle with feeling "deprived")

And he!! to the YEAH on finding better ways to deal with stress air0 . . . Got to get my brain to make the connection that stuffing carbs down my throat is reallyreally not comforting . . . and makes me feel like dog-doo every.single.time!:mad: I'm thinking one of those George Foreman roaster thingies would be good . . . I remember loving mine. I lost a part to it and have it in the basement cuz I keep thinking I'll order the part . . . loved the juicy roasted meats and remember just popping it in and forgetting about it . . . kind of like a crock pot?

Running late so randomly here . . . Menopause kicked my everlovin azz! Hate chronic insomnia and also identified with MJ . . . Protein shakes save my aversion to breakfast and keep insulin even keel . . . EAS had 3gram TOTAL carb (not that net carb BS) . . .

WHERE IS STEPH????:(

AnaBee
03-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Ooh, those cloud things are like the muffins I make but with butter instead of egg. I'm going to give them a go, they look great! Would make a good breakfast too...

I'm getting worried about Steph too, it's not like her not to be here! I hope all is ok.

Rho, it's really weird but I swear your allergy post didn't show up between my post and Aud's when I last checked. Huh. I hope you're feeling better with the Claritin, allergy head aches suck.

air, how about lamb chops? They'd cook fine in the skillet, I think. I cook mine in a fry pan on the stove, it's not much different. How about stir fry? That could be done in the skillet too. Not to disuade you from getting the convection thingy but my experience has been that I buy new appliances because I think they'll magically change my eating/cooking habits and all they do is clog up my kitchen cupboards. If i'm not going to cook with what I've got already, I'm not going to cook with something new. But that might be just me, I'm always convinced new purchases will somehow change me :)

airomatic
03-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Oops I meant OffP during finals week. I ate bars during the day but slipped around dinner time each night when I was studying but today's a new day and I'm doing good so far. Had a protein shake and bar before working out (been trying to avoid the bars but just caved, it's better to eat one than to go hours without eating) and now have to figure out what to eat that's real food.
The whole stress eating thing is a constant struggle. Mine started after I left my son's dad three years ago and he still can trigger that reaction in me and I know that eating something that will make me feel bad the next day doesn't help and all I'm harming is myself but it's a hard cycle to break. But I do know I am determined to lose the weight even if I fall off the wagon a million times in the process and it takes me 3 years.
The clouds sound amazing! I will have to try them, the protein shakes help cut down on my sweet cravings but the price adds up between the powder (I'm using Jay Robb protein powder, it has 1 carb total) and the almond/coconut milk, those might a good other option.
There are a couple of convection ovens that have roasters, I can cook a whole chicken in a slow cooker but the skin doesn't get crunchy which I love so I might get one of those. I think when I get my school money I will buy one, I should be able to adapt some of the oven recipes to a convection oven and hopefully I won't feel as stuck. Or at least I won't have that excuse anymore haha.
Whoa didn't mean to write another book, I hope everybody is doing well, even those who haven't had a chance to check in all week.

airomatic
03-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Anabee: Lamb chops sound good, I also was thinking fish just have to figure out what's in season. Actually lamb should be going on sale soon I think for Easter maybe I'm wrong. I have that same problem with appliances too but one thing I've wanted is cali tots and everytime I've made them they fall apart so frying them in the skillet probably wouldn't work too well, though it could make a good hash (I think I just got a new breakfast idea) so a convection would be good for that. I'm going to look into it and talk to my mom and see what she thinks.

AnaBee
03-22-2012, 09:46 PM
air, I hear you on the eating through stress. No matter how many times I tell myself that it won't make me feel better, it's so hard to break. If something goes wrong, my instinct is to treat myself that way, it's extremely hard to break.

Frozen salmon fillets are a great go-to option. I defrost them in the microwave and then pan fry in coconut oil, and the coconut oil really cuts the fishy cooking smell. Then melt butter and squeeze lemon juice on them and serve with brocolli which also tastes awesome with lemon juice and melted butter. YUM!

rho1640
03-23-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm so going to make those clouds tonight.. Just took a stick of unsalted butter out of the freezer so I can make them later - only thing is I have no room in my freezer right now - I mean NO ROOM wonder how they would be just in the fridge in a dish and just take a scoop to eat like a cheesecake thing for now? I'm needing something will a little sweet and creamy lately..

I even checked to see if Stehp had posted in any other threads and didn't see any so I'm hoping she is ok too..

I can't remember if I told you all I got some easy to do makeup - I'm liking it - it hits my less than 2 minute mark and is very subtle and just gives anlittle color and glow...

aud
03-23-2012, 08:31 PM
They just need to be in the freezer long enuf to hold their shape (clouds)...then we stuffed them all in a freezer bag to freeze solid. Still lovin' them and just knowing I have them in there keeps me off the ice cream/candy thoughts.

air0: "The whole stress eating thing is a constant struggle. Mine started after I left my son's dad three years ago and he still can trigger that reaction in me and I know that eating something that will make me feel bad the next day doesn't help and all I'm harming is myself but it's a hard cycle to break. But I do know I am determined to lose the weight even if I fall off the wagon a million times in the process and it takes me 3 years.

Thanks for posting that GF . . . it's me to a T!

I know rho posted about a make-up stick for color - what do you have anaB? I've bought two things in my life from a tv infomercial and ended up LOVING both: My Magic Bullet and Bare Minerals Make-Up . . . I've been out of the BM's for ages - mainly because YES, I am the lady putting make-up on while I drive:o and it was just too messy.

Worked 5:30 til 8am this morning:dizzy: . . . went a bit OffP even knowing I was doing it due to exhaustion . . . dusting myself off and the rain has stopped enough (I hope) for a 5k bike ride.

Will check in later and hope to see steph back . . . and also icard!:hug:

AnaBee
03-24-2012, 07:31 AM
I am rubbish with make up Aud, I never wear any. I get my eyelashes tinted so they aren't almost invisible and that's it. I wasn't allowed to wear make up when I was youngand so I never got into the habit... of course now the baby sister wears so much I'm inspired to buy shares in mascara companies! The stuff you got sounds great rho, it's nice to have some colour.

rho1640
03-25-2012, 11:13 AM
I would highly recommend the Boomsticks to anyone - I'm loving them ... You can look it up by looking for Cindy Joseph Boomsticks - she has some very informal videos on YouTube showing how it works ... I did the Bare Minerals too but it took me longer and I found it would dry my skin too so I just stopped unless I was going out - this I have been using daily because it is so quick and easy. And I just look healthy not made up if that makes sense. And there are no choices on colors or anything the one color does it all and does it for all skin tones .. I bought the whole shebang so it was 3 sticks and a small moisturizer it was around $100 but I can see it will last for a long time - I like the moisturizer but I may not order it again because I'm a coconut oil girl and have used it for a decade or more so will stay with that (but I may decide to get it because it does feel nice on my face) - I've been using my coconut mix at night after I wash my face and putting hers on before I do the sticks..and that is a very very little bit too so it will last a long time.

How often do you have to get your eyebrows tinted - and you must have full eyebrows still right - half mine are gone or very thin.. Wonder if it would be worth doing?

So we had our dinner out - I had salad, a small piece of lasagna and a small piece of fruit tart with some homemade whipped cream on it .. Woke up and was down .2 so I was thrilled.

So my other new thing is I've been reading about Protein Power has anyone done that?

And I got a few of the EAS carb controlled chocolate shakes - had one last night before we left for dinner and I think it really helped me stay strong.. I liked that it had a good amount of protein in it and it was pretty tasty. 4 carbs 1 fiber 17 grams of protein I can see using that as a meal replacement since I tend to forget to eat a lot.. And I could throw one in a soft sided cooler and take with me when I'm out and about and have something if I start to flag later in the day.

Anyone heard from our MIA members - hope everyone is ok.

Ugh gearing up to get tax stuff together today ugh ugh ugh ..

AnaBee
03-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi Rho! How do you use the coconut oil? I'd like to try that.

I get my eyelashes tinted but not my eyebrows. The eyebrows are pretty pale but I'm used to that and I think I'd looked startled if they were more noticeable. My eyelashes are great tinted, makes them look much longer as they are naturally quite pale (and so invisible). People always notice that I look different but can't pinpoint why, it's quite fun.

Yay that dinner went well! Congratulations on the loss!

I've read both Protein Power books and I really like the Drs Eades (Dr Mike has a good blog). I get quite different calculations for protein amounts between the two books, and the higher amount in the second one is quite hard for me to do (especially breakfast) but I follow the guidelines. Their second book has a lot of really interesting info about other topics, vitamin D, iron, magnesium etc that I use as a reference.

The EAS shakes, where do you buy them? They sound great and I need something like that for when I'm travelling in the states/canada this july.

Still no sign of Steph! She's such a regular poster, I hope she's ok :-(

aud
03-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Who posted that they have a tendency to think "gadgets" will change up their life/lifestyle back when we were talking about convection ovens? I just wanted to agree that I have that tendency too and comment that I think that's what happened when I bought dh and I bikes about 3 years ago. We both had 10 speeds for years while the kids were growing up, and I for one, just never got the hang of the gears, so that became an "excuse" (in my head) for not riding a lot. I bought these "plain" bikes - sturdy but no gears/bells and whistles - and thought (in my head, of course:dizzy:) I would then enjoy and become a regular bike rider.

It's been sporadic . . . until recently that is! I think I've finally made riding that bike on the "mapmyrun" 5k I told you about a habit . . . a healthy habit that I enjoy!:carrot: Made it out and back every day of this long weekend - and one day way farther.

I'm cautiously thinking of another gadget lol:o for the bike (Mothers Day?) cuz I'd really like to have a basket and light on it . . . (and NO I won't be solving murders if I get one.:dizzy:) I biked by the $ Store for a few things and it was awkward with the bag on the way home and also didn't let it being late in the day stop my nite shift body, but it did get too dark a few times . . .

Wish I could combine the healthy exercise with staying OP tho:mad: . . . it's like I can only get one right at a time.:(

This will be a 5 day week for a change . . . but off early Tuesday for the election. I'm unopposed :carrot: but still going for the count and for the other candidates.

AnaBee
03-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Hey Aud, that was me :) My closet is full of gadgets that were supposed to change my life ;) I finally got rid of my rollerblades because a decluttering blog helped me realise that I was keeping them in case Fantasy Life Ana ever wanted to use them, Real Life Ana finally accepted that she wasn't that keen on rollerblading at age 20, she sure as heck wasn't going to re-start now :)

But that's great that you're using your bike! And I think working on one habit at a time until it sticks is a pretty fair way of going about things, it works to break the perfectionist tendencies that derail us.

Still no Steph?

airomatic
03-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Aud: we're finally getting nice weather here and I've been thinking about getting a bike but at the same time I really don't know how much I would ride it.
Nice to hear about easy makeup ideas, that's one thing I never have time to do anymore, it seems once I had my son I stopped wearing makeup.
I'm still struggling to get back OP, things went from stressful last week to really stressful and had some triggers, my son's dad was being a pretty big jerk which caused the backslide to keep going but I'm working on eating mostly OP which is at least a step forward. I'm also still going to physical therapy twice a week and working out for at least a hour so hopefully that balances things out, they want me in three times a week but I have no idea how I would have time for that.
I guess my revised goal for Easter is to hit 215, I weighed myself yesterday and I was 220 so up 2 pounds. I don't have school this week only work so I have 0 excuses to not eat OP and refocus my energies, just have to successfully battle myself.

aud
03-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Fantasy Life Ana??? Omgosh, just snorted Crystal Light all over myself . . . too perfect and how true is that??? I'm pleased to meet you (and Real Life Ana too!):)

Sincerely Yours,

Fantasy Life and Gadget Aud!

I'm getting better with age tho . . . really I am.:dizzy:

I used to be in a walking club thing and loved it, but my knees are giving out and just dread walking. I feel like I'm "getting somewhere" on that dang bike. Weird I know.

Hate the ex stress air0 . . . my dh is my saboteur . . . just noticed he's got another loaf of that yummy oat bran bread that I have a hard time resisting. I'm back to thinking of him as "the enemy" . . . which sometimes works lol . . .

Forgot to weigh today but OP and rocking on . . . sitting here waiting for the Election Results . . . some good friends in close races (I think) . . . check back after weigh in a.m.

Missing steph and get in here rho!

StephanieM
03-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't been on in awhile. The fact that you all missed me so much makes me feel good about myself though :)

I was in a rut last week and decided to take a week long break off the diet. I ha been doing it almost 2 months straight and was feeling blah. Our friends also flew into town last week and this gave me a little more time to drink a glass of wine with my old best friend.

I went back on Atkins yesterday weighing 185.6 and this morning I'm at 183.4 which shows those carbs made me retain water.

I do feel refreshed and I'm glad to be back with you guys :) Next time I take a break I'll let you guys know first so you don't worry!

AnaBee
03-28-2012, 07:53 PM
STEPH!!!!! I'm glad to see you :)

A break is good, and I find it good feedback seeing how they make us retain water. (scary feedback... but helpful!) And yay for catching up with old friends.

rho1640
03-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi all been down with a multiple day migraine ... Weather/season changes I suspect.

I have a small Rubbermaid container with a screw on top that I keep in the bathroom - I use it on my skin when I get out of the shower and use it in my hair in place of a conditioner most days - like I said it doesn't take much at all and I would rather put too little on then add more later if necessary. For my hair I put a little on my hands and rub them together to melt it good and then run my hands thru my hair... Very little .. It goes a long way.

I've been getting the EAS carb control shakes at the pharmacy but when I go to the warehouse store I will look there to see if they are any cheaper .. I haven't been so much worrying about getting x amount of protein at each meal just trying to get the total in during the day ... I may tweak it later on to do the right amounts each meal but right now I'm looking for easier to actually do it lol .. I was finding I wasn't hungry and wasn't eating enough either calorie wise or protein wise so this helps me meet the protein goal at least.

Anabee where will you be traveling maybe it will be places we know or have been to and can steer you to fun places you may not think of..

I just changed my challenge goal .. To something more reasonable in the time left I hope ;)

rho1640
03-29-2012, 01:19 PM
I was just placing a grocery order and I got a chuck roast that I will grind to chop meat myself - is anyone else as freaked out by the possibility of getting pink slime in their hamburger as I am ... Bleech :mad::^:

StephanieM
03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
rho, the pink slime thing has me glad that we got our meat from a local butcher. It looks fresh and great!

Ana, it definitely does make you bloat!

183.0 today, down almost another half lb! Feels good to be back on plan and eating right :)

rho1640
03-30-2012, 12:02 PM
So glad to have you posting again Steph and doing so well too

I was thinking long and hard about my stuck .. And I know I have lost weight this last two months just not consistantly and it seems I have played the lose a half pound put back a half pound game then I would lose a lb ... But I realized i am almost at the lowest weight that I have been in over a decade ... I'm sure my body is fighting and holding on to this and I will just have to work thru It and it will then let go and lose again. And hopefully quickly for awhile ..

I increased my calorie goal and started trying to get in enough protein daily and I think it is helping. I don't count calories per say but the tracker I use has it on it so I was seeing that even though I wasn't hungry that my calories were consistently under 1,000 and I think my body went into protest thinking I was starving it .. So I set my calorie goal at 1300 - and while I don't get there every day it is consistant enough to make my body realize maybe that it isn't starving - and I'm shooting for 80 gr of protein a day. And I think the EAS carbadvantage shake is helping me ..

So I'm trying to decide if I want to do a personal challenge for my birthday or add a few days for June first which will be a year since I started - I did WW for a few months before I came back here but that was the date I got serious.

AnaBee
03-31-2012, 05:54 AM
I reckon that'd be the case Rho, your body is fighing you. Congratulations on being at the lowest weight in so low, that's awesome! And you're enjoying what you eat and you're keeping at it, your body will get used to it eventually. Upping the calories is a good idea, 1000 is pretty low.

I had fallen badly off plan after a crazy few weeks but have just done a big grocery shop and I'm googling slow cooker pot roast, lol. I need to find new ways of eating meat.

rho1640
03-31-2012, 10:24 AM
I reckon that'd be the case Rho, your body is fighing you. Congratulations on being at the lowest weight in so low, that's awesome! And you're enjoying what you eat and you're keeping at it, your body will get used to it eventually. Upping the calories is a good idea, 1000 is pretty low.

I had fallen badly off plan after a crazy few weeks but have just done a big grocery shop and I'm googling slow cooker pot roast, lol. I need to find new ways of eating meat.

Do you have Dana Carpenders books - there are a few pot roast recipes in those that are great .. I can vouch for one in the "500 more low carb recipes"... Rho's slow cooker chuck roast .... Course since I'm Rho I might be a bit biased :o

airomatic
04-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Figured I would check in although I'm still struggling, my anxiety has been at an all time high and that makes it harder to make good choices. At least I'm still conscious of what I'm doing so that's a start. One thing to note, my mom suggested I try metabolism pills and I figured why not, and it might be a fluke but I've been taking them for 3 days and my weight was 218 thursday, 219.something yesterday and 216.8 today and I haven't been on plan. But seeing the weight drop actually made me want to try harder because if these pills help then hopefully I'll lose more than I have been. I'll keep you guys posted on if they seem to help or not.
They are called Life Extension 7-Keto DHEA Metabolite. If nothing else it might help inspire some positive thinking :)

rho1640
04-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Air those struggle days are the best to check in here ... Heck post numerous times a day it you need too then. If you are feeling that you must have something and are near a computer come post sometimes that may be enough to help you not need it ... Or eat some protein and drink a big glass of water and tell yourself if you still want x in a half hour after your done you will have a serving of it measured out.

Here's how I look at it - we are human - life will interfere and it may take a little longer to get where we want to be. But we will get there. I will write the name of that down thanks .. Just keep track to be sure it isn't amping up the anxiety..

And WHOO Hooo on the lowest weight .... :D

AnaBee
04-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Air, sorry about the anxiety, definitely do check in here when you feel bad. I find it much easier to keep on track when I post here.

Rho, I haven't tried her recipe book, thanks for the suggestion! And is that really your recipe in it????? Cool :)

airomatic
04-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Thanks Rho, I definitely feel that backslides will happen and I'd rather let it happen than force myself to stick to a diet because you will fail. I am working on getting back OP, sat down and made out some menus for this week and actually went grocery shopping. I also started logging my food for today so that should help. As I'm easing back into it I can feel my energy going back up, it might also be the metabolism pills. One other note on the pills is that they aren't crazy energy pills. I've taken pills like that, that are supposed to boost your metabolism and energy and help you lose weight quick and I felt like I was going to die because they raised my heart rate, but taking these I don't really feel any side effects, well other than I seem to be way hungrier which is probably good since I normally don't eat a lot.
Ana: I've been trying to find new ways to cook meat too, I looked up slow cooker recipes trying to find new ideas for chicken. I'm going to make some enchiladas tomorrow, threw the chicken breasts in tonight with some spices and green chiles so it will be easy to pull apart tomorrow.
I was 215 today, just finished TOM so that could also be a contributor to the weight loss. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so fingers crossed my weight doesn't go back up but we'll see.

rho1640
04-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Rho, I haven't tried her recipe book, thanks for the suggestion! And is that really your recipe in it????? Cool :)

Her books are good .. I get lots of ideas for meals there ... I think I have most of them and am always using them for recipes. And yes it really is my recipe :D. And it is pretty yummy :o

rho1640
04-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Air you have a great plan in place! I like to take a whole chicken and I crumple foil in the bottom of the crock to keep the chicken lifted a bit then I throw some garlic cloves in the bottom and a cut up onion and put the chicken on them.. And let it cook whole in there. Then I take it out and peel the skin off and crisp it in the oven under the broiler (really need to watch that) the chicken stays moist and you can use it for so many things .. I do it a lot in the summer especially - for chicken salad, chicken on salad, chicken taco or enchilada, then I cook the bones up more in the broth I froze from cooking chickens (freeze the bones till you have a few and a few broths and make a soup). I get as much as possible out of everything can you tell lol ...

And YAY on the new low number!

aud
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Air those struggle days are the best to check in here ... Heck post numerous times a day it you need too then. If you are feeling that you must have something and are near a computer come post sometimes that may be enough to help you not need it ... Or eat some protein and drink a big glass of water and tell yourself if you still want x in a half hour after your done you will have a serving of it measured out.

Here's how I look at it - we are human - life will interfere and it may take a little longer to get where we want to be. But we will get there. I will write the name of that down thanks .. Just keep track to be sure it isn't amping up the anxiety..

And WHOO Hooo on the lowest weight .... :D

Yes congrats air0 and yes I LOVE these ideas rho!:hug: I'm stuck (perpetually:o) in knowing what to do,and knowing how to apply . . . but just not "pulling the trigger" when stress/exhaustion/lifelong habit come over me.

But I have made great progress in a) not beating myself up and b) keeping to my work-out regimen . . . been faithful to the gym and my bike when I get the chance. I'm also walking my butt off each night, just in the course of a normal night answering calls. I actually avoid getting a ride here and there like I used to.

The other good news is that I haven't GAINED weight lol (am I reaching here?:dizzy:) during this challenge.

SOOOoo good to "seeya" steph . . . and it's good that YOU decided to go OffP for the week . . . I seldom feel like I'm deciding anything when I go OffP . . . its like I'm possessed by Carb-Demons!:devil: Need to work on that, I know.

I like the idea of a metabolism pill . . . menopause wreaked havoc with my entire system . . . will check out during the coming long Easter weekend and glad you posted about side effects--I'm really sensitive to anything that might give me a panic/anxiety attack.

I'm not near a computer at work, but plan on reading/posting from now on when I'm OffP! Another plan I'm going to do this week is eating before bed . . . I know, I know . . . it goes against everything we hear and learn . . . but if it saves me from "to he!l with it" binge eating b4 bed mentality, think it will pay off in the long run - worth a try at any rate sooo gonna "snack" every 3-4 hours - protein shake when I wake and then have my main meal b4 I crash out . . . stay tuned lol!:D

AnaBee
04-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Ugh, so I've been majorly struggling with trying to stay on plan lately, I really need to do a proper clean induction again and just kid the cravings to the curb entirely, this trying and slipping up too often makes everything a permanent struggle. I had a plan for last night's dinner and went off it totally and pretty much binged on carb-y food last night - 2 gluten free pies (both saucer sized - I ate 2!) plus a potato with butter and yoghurt and oh there was lots of cream with the pie and man, I felt gross. I'd fallen into the "I'm sick (I have a cold/sore throat/cough) and I deserve a treat" trap, so stupid! Because I ended up feeling SO much more sick sick, I threw up a bunch of times just before bed. Yeah, that went well with already feeling crummy with a cold!

Thanks for the chicken cooking tip Rho! I really suck at cooking, I need this basic stuff :-)

rho1640
04-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Ugh, so I've been majorly struggling with trying to stay on plan lately, I really need to do a proper clean induction again and just kid the cravings to the curb entirely, this trying and slipping up too often makes everything a permanent struggle. I had a plan for last night's dinner and went off it totally and pretty much binged on carb-y food last night - 2 gluten free pies (both saucer sized - I ate 2!) plus a potato with butter and yoghurt and oh there was lots of cream with the pie and man, I felt gross. I'd fallen into the "I'm sick (I have a cold/sore throat/cough) and I deserve a treat" trap, so stupid! Because I ended up feeling SO much more sick sick, I threw up a bunch of times just before bed. Yeah, that went well with already feeling crummy with a cold!

Thanks for the chicken cooking tip Rho! I really suck at cooking, I need this basic stuff :-)

Oh that sucks being sick ... It certainly makes you want comfort food - now is the time to make a shopping list for when you are feeling better ... Just what you want to think about when you feel so bad huh ... Wish I had some ideas for you for now - chicken broth with scallion cut up maybe or look on Linda's LC recipe site for easy chicken or ground meat recipes or even eggs .. Things you can do once and eat for a few days. Maybe a few different soup recipes..

Feel better quickly..

AnaBee
04-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks Rho, chicken broth sounds lovely. I'm going to my mum's for the easter long weekend so I might ask her to make some chicken soup - she raises chickens so there are usually heaps to eat (we eat the boy chickens, except for a few roosters she saves) and I know I annoy her with my general disdain for chicken and freaked-out-ness about the home grown aspect (I grew up in the inner city, food comes from shops ;-) Also, I like beef.)

airomatic
04-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Ana: being sick is the worst, having no energy to cook makes it super easy to fall into old patterns. Have you looked into trying to find low carb recipe solutions for favorite comfort foods? I was thinking the other day I should make lots of cauli tots and freeze some though creating a plan and carrying through are two totally different things (I also looked up how to create almond and coconut milk and though it's easy and would save me money it's just finding the time/energy/motivation you get the idea haha).
I was 216.8 yesterday and 216.4 today, I am going to try to refrain from weighing myself until Thursday because I have to work the next two nights plus school so my weight will be bouncing around from no sleep and probably not eating enough. One other note the enchiladas were amazing the only downside was the low carb tortillas I use are 6 carbs so it was probably about 10 carbs per enchilada and I ate 2 so I went over carbs yesterday but it was so worth it.
Here's to pushing through and sticking OP for the next few days until the end of the challenge, we're so close!

airomatic
04-04-2012, 04:49 AM
By the way Ana pie sounds good, it seems like most of my carb cravings come from sugar presently. And I'm work right now and there's cake in the fridge and I have a feeling there will be more cake tomorrow night (darn those kids and their birthdays) but I will go drink some crystal light and stay away from the fridge. I also brought an enchilada so I can savor that in a couple of hours when I'm really hungry not just having cravings.

rho1640
04-04-2012, 09:21 PM
By the way Ana pie sounds good, it seems like most of my carb cravings come from sugar presently. And I'm work right now and there's cake in the fridge and I have a feeling there will be more cake tomorrow night (darn those kids and their birthdays) but I will go drink some crystal light and stay away from the fridge. I also brought an enchilada so I can savor that in a couple of hours when I'm really hungry not just having cravings.

You can do it - the enchilada sounds better to me than the cake now hehehe.

Ana hope your feeling a little better at least...

rho1640
04-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone :D

I don't know if I can do a lb by Sunday but I'm going to be as close as I can manage... Seem to finally be on the losing side of things again yay I swear my body put on the breaks because it hasn't been below this weight in decades.

The only changes I've made are every hour I have an alarm set on my iPhone to remind me to drink a glass of water and to walk 500 steps in place ... And I'm doing 4 flights of stairs even when I'm not doing laundry :dizzy:

aud
04-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi All and Happy Easter Weekend! Spent the Challenge MAINTAINING my initial loss (trying to put a positive spin on this lol!) and also making weight lifting and bike riding a routine part of my life....so there is that?

I think I should be able to take being OP to the next level next week . . . I'm sure to be filling up on tons of carb friendly egg salad lol . . . kids don't even like hard boiled eggs.

rho1640
04-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Morning all!

I didn't quite make it .1 off from my goal. But I'll take it and run and be smiling all the way. I set my ticker for my next challenge ... 7 lbs by Memorial Day weekend ... Also works out to be my birthday weekend. We also go away for 5 days with friends in a few weeks and that will really really make it a challenge for me ... And I have a doctors appointment the week following Memorial Day and I want another handshake from my young cute doctor ;).

My body is not fond of me today - we did horseradish all day yesterday ..do lots of standing peeling, chopping, food processoring mixing and packing away. No real exercise unless you count walking quickly away occasionally as the fumes overtook your sinus and eyes. We did 3 different batches (trying to tweak it to the hottest possible) so one was the way we regularly make it one had a tsp more sugar and sat longer before adding vinegar and one had lemon juice in it. All together it was 16 pints of tightly packed horseradish. We are down one already because we did an early Easter at friends last night and brought it as a hostess gift (my friend was asking a week ago if we were doing it again this year - have been doing it forever and give lots away) I know I bring the strangest hostess gifts lol

Soo in connection to the above I need some pats on the back ... I ate lamb, salad, broccoli, asparagus. - no Easter bread, no potatoes and NO cupcakes or Easter bunny cake that sat in front of me for hours as we all had coffee and talked then as the grands colored eggs ... And it smelled oh so chocolately and sweet and yummy I swear I could have dived in head first and stayed till it was all gone.

Today doing a small prime rib for us - will make potatoes for hubs and vegetable will be asparagus .... And fresh and smoked kielbasa will be going in water soon for brunch along with the hardboiled eggs and fresh horseradish ... So a good LC day today. Oh I need to make Cheri's White sauce to go with the meat I think ... Better do that soon so it can mingle all the flavors before dinner... Don't you all love my free form thought process as I write a note for you all ... I speak the same way ... Makes some people crazy hehehe

Have a great day everyone!

airomatic
04-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Good positive outlook Aud! Better to maintain than to gain.
Good job Rho! Also congrats on stay LC and avoiding the temptations, that's some good willpower :)
I weighed in today and 214 so 2 pounds away from goal but pretty good considering the 2 week slide. I also did measurements and I think I lost 3 inches in my waist and .5 in my hips so pretty stoked about that (that means my stomach is smaller which is exciting haha).
I plan on eating most LC today, I even bought some cauliflower because I've been craving mashed potatoes but I am going to eat a cadbury egg because they're my favorite.
I will say for Memorial day I want to lose another 15 pounds, that would put me under 200 (for the first time in I don't know how long)

aud
04-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Tx air0 . . . altho' I can't quite claim "maintaining" now that I've finally weighed in . . . still playing with the same 10#'s back-n-forth carb bloat from being 0ffP. I've been off work since Wed nite and am alkso sad to report I din't even make it onto my bike ONCE in the long weekend...I'm blaming it on exhaustion-I've got to accept that I think I'm getting too old for these hours--I worked almost 50 nite shift hours in 3 days so spent the first two days of vacation as a vegetable lol.

I'm going to do my measurements just as soon as I log off here air0--tx for the reminder and inspiration.

And a big congrats to rho!:carrot: You did great this challenge and hurrah on resisting Easter temptation!:hug: (I LOVE horseradish--have a friend who brings me some authentic stuff from that place in ILL--horseradish capital? every St. Pats)

Hope everyone else will check in and get on the Mem Day bandwagon! I'm in but going to think my goals over more carefully . . . will check back in tonight after work for new Thread.

rho1640
04-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Yikes aud no wonder you are exhausted ... Dang.. Good thing you like what you are doing :D

So will we start a memorial challenge here or jump over to the one already set up on the Atkins forum ..

Air - you did great in the challenge

Sorry not real talkative - there is a brush fire up island from us and lots of smoke going over the house and my lungs hurt and my sinus are full and I'm coughing up a storm .... I know I'm so much better than the folks up there and I'm thrilled hubs isnt a head driver of one of the fire trucks anymore and he actually figures its time to let the young guys fight fires...

aud
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Memorial Day Challenge> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/256536-memorial-day-challenge.html:carrot:

lcard
04-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Hello!

Sorry I haven't been checking in! I have been practicing maintenance it seems the last few weeks. DOH! My weight loss came to a screeching halt, but haven't gained any! I need to set a new goal :)

Hope you all are doing great!