Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Smile Looking for support....mid-life weight gain

I have been looking around on this forum for support in my weight loss effort. I have been on another forum before and am looking for something more specific to my need.

I have experienced the mid-life weight gain with struggles loosing it. I have at the least, about 30 lbs to loose, more would be better, but this is the minimum.

I have done south beach diet in the past, with success, but have limited resources to follow it like I want to.

I want to incorporate my Christian faith, which is one of the main reasons that I have been looking around for another forum to join and found a place suggesting I might find that kind of diet support here.

I have found many threads on this forum that address all of the above, but few are "active" many the last posts were from many years ago, or at the best last month.

How do I find active threads in this very large and helpful forum? thanks
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #2  
TanishaG

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Height: 5 9.5"

Hi!! I'm new here too, just joined yesterday. I can't pretend to tell you where everything is as I'm just finding my feet too. Everyone seems to be very welcoming and I think it will be a great way to meet like minded people and share successes and woes.

I just wanted to say hi and wish you luck on your journey.

Tanisha
TeeshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #3  

So, Tanisha, where do you hang out at ??
Old 02-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Nelly, welcome glad to have you join us. I'm sure you've found this subforum already but this might point you in the direction you want to go. New posts is the easiest way to find the most active threads, but I'm sure you know that already, also.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fait...rt-groups-127/
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #5  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi and Welcome! You've come to the right place. I'm also a believer, but I haven't joined any of the threads specific to that.

I do read them and often find that I will pray for the needs submitted. I think that EZMoney (that is his name on the forum) has quite a few threads that you will find active. Some are personal, some are prayer and some are weight loss. Go to your CP and run a search on his stuff.

I'm 54 and have found it much more difficult in the past few years to take off weight. I have about 40 more pounds to lose. I practice Intermittent Fasting. It is easy for me, and free. Definitely not for everyone, but it has given me a slow and steady weight loss.

I have a Blog on it. Whatever plan you decide on, just stay with it and be realistic. Losing weight is much different now than when we were in our 20's and 30's LOL!

Welcome again!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #6  

Thank you...Yes, I did see the "new post" thing at the top. The forum I have been using is very small, so a large one like this seems a little overwhelming.
Guess I should use that instead of looking the way I am used to.

I did see the faith-based forum section, but I was looking for both, so I have not found the combination of my faith and weight loss yet, I do know about weigh-down, but I am thinking I need more low carb like South Beach. I am some what intimidated to be on a forum with men, although I am sure it is OK, not what I am used to since many things are personal and sharing with women is what I am comfortable with.

Are you on a particular weight loss plan or just incorporate fasting. I'm not opposed to it, but not sure it is what I need right now with issue of blood sugar swings.

I have 9 children, and my last 2 only, did I end up with more weight than when I started. Then since my last baby 5 years ago, I have added another 20 lbs without really a reason. I am really frustrated when I feel it is very hormonally based and I can't win. I had lost a bit, but gained it back this summer when I became exhausted and with that did not feel well so just barely made it through each day.

I will try and look around for a place on this forum to call "home" but I guess it will just take some time.
Thanks for the welcome.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #7  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Nelly, sometimes it takes a while to find our niche. Feel free to post a few places and see how you feel, we are a friendly bunch, encouraging, and very supportive.

If you join a thread then find its not working for you, its okay to not post again, just keep trying. We need all the members we can get!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote