Support Groups - Slow Dancing with A Stranger {8} "For Love of Self"

K9Owner
02-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread 2 times a month (around the 1st and 15th of the month) to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?

K9Owner
02-14-2012, 12:04 PM
:val1: Happy Heart Day :val1:
How Many Ways to Say ... "I Love Me!"

(c) 2007 Viveca Stone-Berry
Self-Love shows up in the little, daily happenings.
It shows up in how I care for myself and go about enjoying the gift of life and all the opportunities for Love it has to offer.

1. I feed myself delicious, healthy food & drink water.

2. I get a full 8 hours of sleep instead of getting by on as little as possible.

3. I surround myself with healthy friends who Love, respect, support and inspire me.

4. I exercise and “shake it up” with different activities to keep it fun and fresh.

5. I discipline myself and set up healthy boundaries vs. constantly overextending myself personally and professionally.

6. I get rid of clothes that no longer look good on me
instead of trying to make what looked good in the past fit me in the present.

7. I give up on being perfect and begin the work of becoming myself.

8. I think positive thoughts about myself and my situation. Your thinking shapes your character.
"As a man thinketh in his heart so is he..."

9. I allow myself to make mistakes and don't abuse myself when I do -
I learn from them, apologizing sincerely where necessary, making whatever amends I can, and move forward.

10. Nothing says self-love to me better than a life of balance…and chocolate. :chockiss:

How could I resist not using Deb's username as a self-title for our Valentine Thread??

Today, I challenge each of you to take time to Love Yourself, knowing that when you do, you are able to love someone else! :val2:

Sum38
02-14-2012, 01:35 PM
:val2::val2:

Happy Valentine's day to all!

I am taking a day off from hiking...I feel exhausted.

I just made chocolate covered strawberries for my family. :val1: Interesting enough; I have no interest in eating one. :carrot:

Yesterday turned out to be my spike day; all went well until evening :o.

I took measurements this morning (oh yeah...I brought a measuring tape along :o)... 40-32-39.5 ----- I was excited, because I have taken 1/2 inch off from waist and 1 inch off my hips since Feb 1st! No idea about weight, I miss my scale! :mad:

Everyone have a fab day!!:hug:

forloveofself
02-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Krystal, How cool the new thread title!:cool: What an honor and how appropriate for the Day/month

Sum Congrats on your NSV. Of course one takes a measuring tape on holiday :)

I'm back up to 182lbs today (+3) but I'm not going to stress. I feel good today in mind and body. :) It is a day for giving and receiving love afterall, even if away from your sweetheart.

Happy Valentines Day Everyone

K9Owner
02-15-2012, 02:07 AM
I hope each of you have had a great Valentine's Day. I don't really celebrate "days" anymore. DH and I get whatever we want all year & doing something romantic isn't secluded for one day out of the year. I don't like traditional VDay gifts:chocolate, flowers, etc.
I'd rather go on holiday :sunny:

As far as this day/evening!
I woke up with ZILCH for motivation. I was sleepy, sore, and just did NOT want to workout-or even get out of bed.
However, I managed to get up, have some oats & experience one of the BEST workouts I've had in a long time!! I love that!
For Vday, I told DH we could go out to eat, since it's been about a month since we've been out. This is a treat for him, b/c 1. he loves to go out to eat & 2. we abruptly stopped going out 4-5x a week to eat. Now we just go every now and then…maybe once a month!!

My parents met us for dinner. We had a GREAT time. Afterwards, they came over to our house and played cards until 0030!!! We had a blast!
But, I was munchy for sugar and chocolate of all things. IDK why really. I typically don't crave chocolate.

TOM has left, so maybe it's that. His cRAVEN bird hasn't been around in a couple of months, so I'll say he left that pest around to disrupt my goals for this one day.

For all of my friends on MFP, you can rejoice in the fact that I did NOT allow lack of motivation to deter my efforts today at the gym. I burned 671 cals in 95 min doing part of the circuit, :running: 2 miles, and doing some strength training/abdominal work! It was MARVELOUS!!

jomatho
02-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Son of a gun, I lost my post, be back later to try again :mad:

jomatho
02-15-2012, 05:29 PM
okay, I will try this again.

Thanks Krystal for starting the new thread, love the name and love the first post. Will defo go back and read that a few times! Love hearing that you didn't let your lack of motivation deter you and you killed it at the gym besides!

Sum, hope you are enjoying your vacation! I was going to make chocolate covered strawberries last night too, but ran out of time and just made mousse to dip them in. Everyone at the mousse without the strawberries wth?

:wave: Hi to everyone else! I can't remember from the last thread, so I can't go further back with personals.

So this morning, in the post I lost I was complaining that I don't know if I am doing the right things. Should I be eating more or less, am I working out enough or too much. Should I let go of the spiking and just eat more each day. What about my macros, should I get more protein, blah blah blah blah blah, on and on with the overthinking.
Then, I had a really good workout walking and then my weights routine, my eating is spic and I have been making minor changes here and there with my diet that I am liking. And then, while visiting my Gma in the hospital, I ran into an old co-worker that was very kind about how wonderful I looked. Not over the top weird, but just very sincere about what a good job I have done and how good I look. So all in all, I have had a great day. To **** with the scale, I am getting healthier day by day and the only thing I can control is what goes in my mouth and what energy I put out.
So remind me of this tomorrow morning when the scale is a meanie again!

K9Owner
02-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm so very tired. I work Wed, Thurs, Sat of this week.
Fun times.
:faint:

Sum38
02-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Just posting to say hi.
I had dreams about my scale all night; I was not able to weigh myself at home because scale was filled with water. :o I guess I am getting anxious about my return weight. I would be crushed if I were to be 150 or more upon return :mad:

Last day for us. Boys are boarding and us girls will take a very challenging hike this afternoon. I started wearing me pedometer again. Just walking the doggie this morning for a bit to have her get her business done and walking to get lift tickets for the boys, I have clocked 3000 steps and it is 10 am. My pedometer counts aerobic steps separate and it says 1500 were aerobic....yay. By the time we are done with this day, I will have taken 20000 steps. --- kinda interesting, at home we have a huge yard with electric fence for Shadow, and she goes out to pee on her own...here we are staying at a condo and I have to walk her....even those few short trips add up.....

My BBF has decided to lose some weight! She is 5' and 215 pounds....and she wants me to help her. I will have her join MFP....I feel great that I am making a bit of difference in my friends lives.

Okee, everyone have a fab day :D

alaskanlaughter
02-16-2012, 05:13 PM
i love the new thread title!

i signed up for a one mile fun run happening in a week (two weekends away)...i decided to see if i could run a mile without stopping at the gym and sure enough, i can do it!! today i ran a mile and a half without stopping and that about KILLED me lol

survived valentine's day without overindulging in sweets...had some but not alot...am working on moderation, i dont handle deprivation well lol...

hard to post on this site today, will check in later

jomatho
02-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Looks like everyone has been as busy as I have! I don't feel too bad about not checking in, I would have been talking to myself anyways :lol:

Good news, so far this week I have 1-2 pounds, depending on which day you look at last week, bad news is I had gained 2 pounds last week :lol:

I keep flirting with 177. Yesterday I dipped down into the 176s, but back up to 177s today. I do have more DOMS than I usually do as I upped all my weights again yesterday, so that probably explains a little of it.

I am doing very well with my exercise and eating. I am so proud of the small changes I have made and there is not one day that I am just going through the motions, I am really going for it, so I know I will see some progress soon. I just have to be patient. I did notice my fat on my stomach is more "squishy" (I know, gross right?) and it has been said that the fat does that before it goes away, so hopefully that is the case :crossed:.

I realized I hadn't taken measurements since 10-1-11!!! Took me forever to find them in a post because I thought I had taken them much later than that. Anyhow, I was very pleased that although I weigh about the same as then, most of my measurements have changed. I am particularly proud of the small changes in my legs, because those have remained the same for a long, long time. I was totally shocked at the change in my underbust. I measured 3 times just to be sure. So here they are:

10/01/11 02/18/12
Measurements:
Neck 13” Now: 13”
Bust 39” Now: 39”
Underbust 35” Now: 32.5 (what?)
Waist 33.5” Now: 32.5” (cool)
Hips 39.5” Now: 39” (darn hips will probably be the last to go!)
Mid thigh 21” Now: 20.5” (yay)
Mid Calf 15” Now: 14.5” (yay)
Mid Bicep 10” Now: 10"
Wrist 6” Now: 6"

So my scale can take that and suck it!!!

Alaskan, your fun run sounds great! Next thing you know, you will be running a 5k!

Sum, I hope your scale gives you a big happy surprise when you get home! Thats great about your friend. Give her my username if she needs or wants friends.

K9, one more day of work, hang in there!

:wave: hi to everyone else not posting right now. Hope all is well!

K9Owner
02-18-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm so thrilled all of you enjoyed the title of the new thread!

Alaskan: Best of luck on your run. You can do it!! I'll be cheering for you in the grand stands!! :cheer1: I am super excited that you are loving :running: . There is just an awesome connection among the running community, like one I can't explain or believe. Keep up the fabulous work!!

Kristiina: You have issues! :lol: Please don't dreaming about me, please! I'm glad you all have had such a great time in the slopes. Next time, an evite would be appreciated!! :lol:

Jo: Are you doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women? I just got the book, along with the Abs book. I am loving this book. It is full of cheeky sarcasm!! :love: I want to skip ahead to the workouts, but I'm being patient with the text. I am defo starting it next week.
I hope you stick with spiking for a few more weeks. I can't believe how much I am losing with it!

LoveofSelf: :hug: Here's a little :dust: for you to kick those 3 added pests to the curb!

K9Owner
02-18-2012, 01:47 PM
AFM: I ran into my high school best friend's brother at the gym last night. It was funny, b/c I saw him, and I did my run before saying anything to him. I was sweaty and funky, but I didn't care. He was sitting on an inflatable ball lifting 15lb dumbells overhead, and I snuck up behind him, placed my Biofreeze infused hands over his eyes and said, "Pardon my Biofreezed hands, Guess Who!" He started laughing uncontrollably & and said, "I have no idea..who is this?" i removed my hands and I could tell he had NO CLUE who I was at first!!

My hair has NEVER been brown before. I have been a blondie my whole life!! :lol: We chatted for a bit and then he realized who I was. It was nice to see him. We all used to be so close when we were in high school. At one point, I even lived with them!

Anyway, I've had a terrible week at the hospital eating-wise. They had a VDAy party and bought like a thousand cupcakes and cookies and had so many left-overs. Mhm.....guess who ate FOUR cupcakes in 2 days!! GRRRR
I also had plenty of other foods on my :nono: list. I stayed within my cal range, but with JUNK. :tantrum:

Needless to say, I was NOT expecting a 0.6 lb drop on my scale this a.m. but it is what it is and I'll have a :carrot: for that!!! I'm giddy!!

Hope you all have a fabulous day/weekend. I have 1 more night, then I am OFF for a WEEK!!! YES :broc:

Sum38
02-19-2012, 06:54 AM
149 And this is after driving 22 hours and snacking with high sodium stuff :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I am so excited what the next few days bring. I am relieved. I finally broke that barrier. It has been nearly 4 years since my last 140's.

jomatho
02-19-2012, 06:55 AM
149 And this is after driving 22 hours and snacking with high sodium stuff :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I am so excited what the next few days bring. I am relieved. I finally broke that barrier. It has been nearly 4 years since my last 140's.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I just had a feeling about you. . . :woohoo:

:hug: Congrats!

Sum38
02-19-2012, 07:19 AM
So we are back. A million loads of laundry to do, grocery shopping, Costco and Sam's day and 7 mile walk. -- Luckily, I am so anal that I clean my house spotless before each vacation :D

Jo thanks for the :cheer: :D "I did notice my fat on my stomach is more "squishy" (I know, gross right?) and it has been said that the fat does that before it goes away, so hopefully that is the case" Omg...please be right!! Mine is the same way....I told DH that my belly looked "better" fatter...:crossed: The small changes make the biggest difference...I told that to my GF just yesterday....I am so glad we are doing this together :hug: and making progress!

Krystal I am GREEN with envy! :dizzy: You are literally running away from me... 130's will be here in no time. -- I saw your picture on MFP, you look AMAZING!

alaskanlaughter Another runner! -- congrats on that mile!

forloveofself How is your weight today? It was probably just sodium gain. :hug:

Where is Larry?

K9Owner
02-19-2012, 09:44 AM
:congrat: Kristiina!!! :congrat:

K9Owner
02-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Spike and I are spending some QT today!! :hun:
Finally, I don't have to cheat on him like I did on VDay. He gets to have me all to himself, & he is EXCITED about that!!! :hyper:

I am soooo excited to see all of the losses this week. I know how hard each of us has had to struggle to FINALLY get a 1 lb loss, or 0.6 in my case.
It's also awesome to be able to share this experience with each of you.

This week, I am starting the book :wl: "New Rules of Lifting for Women" :wl: . If anyone is interested in doing this series, please let me know. Or, if you've done it in the past, I'd love to hear your story. It's time to get serious with my body contour. I have 3 months before swimsuit season, & I intend to ROCK THIS BODY!

I'm also about to have my natural blonde returned to its rightful home!
I can't imagine doing this as a brunette! :D

Sum38
02-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Plan for today:

bfast; smoothie with flax seed
lunch; salad with veggies, avocado and dressing
dinner; salad with veggies, avocado and dressing
snacks; apple, BP, grapes and plain yogurt

total calories 1430

exercise; walk 7 miles

forloveofself
02-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Krystal, Thanks for the dust! If it were only a problem of Will Power, I would have long ago reached my goal. Still, I feel like a failure at the moment.
Not sure what to do or try next, so I'm simply just eating calories for goal maintenance.
Water weight is most definitely a factor, I can feel the puppfiness in my cheeks, neck, breasts, and inner thighs and calves. 183.5 it is. It's not TOM, I do not cook with salt, so apparently, it's the cheeses, and anything other packaged.

Welcome back Sum I too clean throughly before a trip :)

Hello Jo and alsakan and all the missing.

Have a great day everyone!

K9Owner
02-20-2012, 08:08 AM
LoveofSelf: You are in the final few lbs as well as most of the rest of us. Maybe you could try Spiking for a few weeks to shake things up some. I know & realize how scary it sounds, I was terrified and very reluctant to try it in the beginning, but I was so sick of being 148-151 & going nowhere despite working very hard.

I will have to say, this is the first time in a very long time I am excited to be living in a healthy environment. Even if, on Spike Days, it is anything BUT healthy. I experience the BEST/MOST productive workouts the days after I spike & I have so much energy the days after. Maybe it's my selection of foods. Maybe it's the glycogen stores. Maybe it's the leptin release. IDK what it is. Maybe a combo of all of it, but whatever it is....IT IS WORKING for me!

I realize and relate to the struggle!
:hug: you'll get there! We WILL help you!

Sum38
02-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Forloveofself; I started spiking a bit as well, and I started eating most of my exercise calories back and I as well broke that barrier. -- I am not as brave as Krystal is on my spike days...but based on her experience, I think I may try to increase my spike day calories. Just try it and see if it helps you. :hug:

Sum38
02-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Scale rewarded me another pound down. 148 :carrot: -- If I were to follow my last experiences with weightloss; once I got past 150 pound mark, I sailed down to 142 at relative ease.

I feel such relief.

Plan for today:

Bfast: fruit smoothie with yogurt and flax seed
Lunch: Large salad with feta cheese and dressing
Dinner: Salmon, rice, brocoli and cauliflower

1065 cal + snacks. Goal 1500 total calories.

Exercise: :running: Walk with my :drill:

jomatho
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi Losers. Hope everyone is having a fab Monday. I have lots to do, as usual. So last week was a great week all around. Going to try to make it two in a row, imagine that! I ended the week with a 2# loss, but only 0.6 of it was weight I hadn't gained the week before :dizzy:. I will take it though.
Finished my weight lifting this morning and then an hour walk. I forgot to mention, my friend hurt her neck somehow and has a bulging disk between C6-7, so no walking for her for a while. I have been on my own for over a week now. I have not walked outside since then :lol: Initially I wasn't walking at all, just doing the weights one day and intervals the next, but I was really missing those 4-500 per day calorie burns, so I have been trying to get an hour of walking on top of everything else most days. I will be glad when she is better, because time goes so much faster outside while talking! I did figure out that I walk much faster without her though, shhhh, don't tell her that. I get about the same calorie burn at any reasonable speed though so I shouldn't fret it too much. I could ALMOST keep up with Kristiina, but not quite yet. 4.2 is about my speed limit for walking. Any more than that and my body would just rather be running. I would actually rather run than walk from 3.8 and above.
Kristiina, I am about to call 911 because you are on FIRE girl!!! Look at you go now. I am so happy for you and am enjoying you see success. Congrats on another pound!!!
Krystal, Yes, I am about 3 weeks into the NROLW. I am enjoying it so far. I have done many weight lifting programs including body for life, body for life for women and some programs out of weight lifting bible for women. This is very similar, but different. The workouts are short and to the point. I am able to up my weights quickly. I am using all free weights right now but my free weights max out at 35# so not sure what I will do at the point I need more weight. I am using 30s for a few of the leg exercises now, so it won't be too far off. Buying heavier than that is out of the question, too hard on the shoulders to hold onto. Not sure I want to buy a barbell, but depending on how much I like the program, I may do that. I also just may stick with the weights I have because it looks like the exercises get more difficult anyways. I found some very helpful excel spreadsheets on mfp, I will see if I bookmarked them. I thought the book was kinda weird to follow for logging exercise, but that was probably just me. Have fun!
forloveofself, sorry you feeling dumpy right now. You said it's not TOM, but could it be Ovulation? Many women (including me) have TOM symptoms at/around ovulation. I gain a couple pounds and sometimes have PMSy type symptoms mid cycle. I find ovulation worse than TOM. Just thought I would throw that out there for you to think about. I think eating at goal maintenance is a good idea. Many people do this from the start and actually they recommend it on the fat to fit radio site. It is a simple calculator to find out your bmr, your activity level and what weight you want to be and then recommends a calorie level based on your goal weight that you should eat while you are losing weight. Makes a heck of a lot of sense. If you have never listened to any of the podcasts, those are good too. Here is the link for the calculator
http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
If I wasn't enjoying spiking so much, I would probably be using that method. Hope that helps. Hang in there, you will find your mojo again. :hug:

Sum38
02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I walked 10 miles!:fr: -- It was a beautiful day... but the real reason is...I got so freaking mad at my :drill: and I walked home after our walk :o Shadow, my puppy, is sooo tired and my legs are achy. -- All is fine now, and my :drill: is not bit#hy more :rofl: we never fight, but I think he was PMS:ing.... men...sigh

Now I am having difficulty eating back my calories. I skipped lunch, because I spent the lunch hour walking home :yikes: Oh well sh1t happens :D maybe I will catch up with Krystal sooner...hehe

jomatho
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I walked 10 miles!:fr: -- It was a beautiful day... but the real reason is...I got so freaking mad at my :drill: and I walked home after our walk :o Shadow, my puppy, is sooo tired and my legs are achy. -- All is fine now, and my :drill: is not bit#hy more :rofl: we never fight, but I think he was PMS:ing.... men...sigh

Now I am having difficulty eating back my calories. I skipped lunch, because I spent the lunch hour walking home :yikes: Oh well sh1t happens :D maybe I will catch up with Krystal sooner...hehe

Oh well, just save the calories for tomorrow or the next day when you are hungrier. At least you got a good long walk and good calorie burn out of the fight! Men!

My DH didn't show up for dinner tonight which was a birthday dinner for him because tomorrow, on his real birthday, he won't be home. I must have misunderstood him, because he usually calls if he will be late. Blonde moment, I am sure. He keeps telling me I don't listen to him, I guess he is right (don't tell him). His favorite birthday dinner is lasagna, but he didn't want all the calories and too many leftovers so I decided to make a skillet lasagne, kind of like homemade hamburger helper. I sampled it, it was pretty good, I think he would have liked it :lol: It's now all packaged up in the fridge so he can at least take some for lunch tomorrow. I also made the mistake of making cookies for him to take to work tomorrow to share and I ate one, I couldn't resist. I looked up the cals after I ate it, and it was 300 freakin calories! I had no more calorie room for a proper dinner, so cookie it is. Oh well. So it's all his fault I messed up my nutrition and his/my dinner. Men!

forloveofself
02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks Ladies; Krystal, Sum, Jo, for your encoragement.
Congrats on your successes.
I will do personals next time when my sinus pressure is gone.

I actually increased my cals on Saturday to 1800.

Jo, I got my BMR info on freedieting tools. My BMR for 167 lbs is 1336 and my goal cals are 1594. I have been very near the latter most days and only under eat (1200-1300) by "accident" on rare days. I did not weigh today, but feel slightly less puffy. My breasts only hurt a little. I do have an hormone imbalance, so I know that that contributes to it. My goal besides losing weight and getting healthy, is to stop taking all prescrition meds and only natural supplements. I'm down to only two other meds,one for pain, and one for my ulcer. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.
I plan to ignore what the scale reads unless it is 179lbs or less :)

Sum38
02-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Feel better forloveofself

Jo men...sigh...:rofl: Happy birthday to him!!!

Sum38
02-21-2012, 06:46 AM
I don't know if it was my walk or the fact I only logged in 1400 calories, but I was down another 1.5 pounds.

146.5 I know I stalled but I was losing inches, maybe my body is finally catching up. -- Plus I switched things around what came to my eating...what ever it is, I am not complaining :D I am so glad I have you ladies :hug: I would had given up otherwise when I was not breaking that 150 lb mental mark.

jomatho
02-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks Ladies; Krystal, Sum, Jo, for your encoragement.
Congrats on your successes.
I will do personals next time when my sinus pressure is gone.

I actually increased my cals on Saturday to 1800.

Jo, I got my BMR info on freedieting tools. My BMR for 167 lbs is 1336 and my goal cals are 1594. I have been very near the latter most days and only under eat (1200-1300) by "accident" on rare days. I did not weigh today, but feel slightly less puffy. My breasts only hurt a little. I do have an hormone imbalance, so I know that that contributes to it. My goal besides losing weight and getting healthy, is to stop taking all prescrition meds and only natural supplements. I'm down to only two other meds,one for pain, and one for my ulcer. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.
I plan to ignore what the scale reads unless it is 179lbs or less :)

How old are you Deb? Yuck on the hormonal imbalance, that will throw your numbers off for sure, water weight. Good for you getting rid of most of your medicines! I hear ya on the scale, I love it on a low day and hate it most other days! Hang in there. Don't forget that your BMR is what your body needs if it is doing nothing as if in a coma, just to breathe and circulate and such. You have to add to that your activity rate. You can either add activity without exercise and then "eat back" your exercise calories when you do it, or you can just figure in your exercise cals with your activity rate for the week like it does on that fat to fit radio website. Don't know if any of that made sense, it's early and I am having a hard time putting words down.

jomatho
02-21-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't know if it was my walk or the fact I only logged in 1400 calories, but I was down another 1.5 pounds.

146.5 I know I stalled but I was losing inches, maybe my body is finally catching up. -- Plus I switched things around what came to my eating...what ever it is, I am not complaining :D I am so glad I have you ladies :hug: I would had given up otherwise when I was not breaking that 150 lb mental mark.

My jaw dropped when I logged into mfp and saw another 1.5 pounds down this morning!!! Sooooooooooooooooo happy for you :woohoo:

jomatho
02-21-2012, 07:30 AM
I am determined it is going to be a great day today! The cookies have left the house (except 2 that I hid in the freezer for a spike day down the road ;)). It is intervals and running (possibly walking too) day today and I plan to burn some major fat!
My calories came in a bit low yesterday and may again today since DH won't be home. I haven't been too hungry since Spike day, so I will see where today takes me.
Due to the cookie incident, my protein was low yesterday, so I will work on getting that back up there today. I guess that is it for my health goals today.
Okay, I wrote a book yesterday, I guess I should go so I don't bore you guys to death, I will check back later :wave:

K9Owner
02-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Today is my 1400 cal day. After working my bum off last night, I had a NOW Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Shake :drool:
This tastes like a cheesecake milkshake. It is fabulous!
It was after midnight, so it is included in Tuesday's Menu! Enjoy ;)

NOW Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Shake
Breakstone's - Cottage Cheese, 2% Milkfat Low Fat 30% Less Sodium, Small Curd, 1/8 cup (124g)
Friendship - All Natural Low Fat Cottage Cheese 1% Milkfat No Salt Added, 3/8 cup (113g)
Blue Diamond Natural- Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk-1 cup
Now Foods - Whey Protein Isolate - Natural Vanilla, 31 g
Jell-O (Jello) - Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Cheesecake Pudding, 8 g
Strawberries - Raw, 2 oz

Cals: 289
Carbs: 21g
Fat: 6g
Protein: 41g :o
Cholesterol: 17mg
Sodium: 653mg
Sugar: 9g
Fiber: 2g

Sum38
02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I am really loving this....life...weight....I have cooked all afternoon. I like to cook and tend to make 5 or 6 meals for the freezer. -- I ALWAYS keep sampling my cooking and after each cooking afternoon; I usually weigh about 3 pounds more for a day or two...ya, I am stuffed :) Anycase, I did cook, I did sample and I did hop on scale...It was under 150. I feel like singing and dancing. Just being below 150 and stuffed makes me feel happy :D I know tomorrow won't be 146.5 day, but I don't care... I am just happy to be in my 140's

Sum38
02-21-2012, 07:44 PM
I have always tried being a good citizen...donate blood etc. I volunteered to be a donor for bone marrow. Now they need it. I am a bit scared, but excited at the same time. I have uncommon tissue type. I am happy, possibly, to be helping someone else out. I will find out more tomorrow :)

jomatho
02-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I have always tried being a good citizen...donate blood etc. I volunteered to be a donor for bone marrow. Now they need it. I am a bit scared, but excited at the same time. I have uncommon tissue type. I am happy, possibly, to be helping someone else out. I will find out more tomorrow :)

Oh my, you are a saint! I don't know if I could do it. I do have my organs marked for donation in case of a freak accident though, I figure I won't need them if I'm dead right? I wish more people would donate organs, they are so needed. Good for you, keep me updated on the progress!

jomatho
02-21-2012, 07:57 PM
I am really loving this....life...weight....I have cooked all afternoon. I like to cook and tend to make 5 or 6 meals for the freezer. -- I ALWAYS keep sampling my cooking and after each cooking afternoon; I usually weigh about 3 pounds more for a day or two...ya, I am stuffed :) Anycase, I did cook, I did sample and I did hop on scale...It was under 150. I feel like singing and dancing. Just being below 150 and stuffed makes me feel happy :D I know tomorrow won't be 146.5 day, but I don't care... I am just happy to be in my 140's

I freezer cook too! Right now my freezer is so full I can't fit in any more normal freezer stuff. That's both my fridge/freezer and a full upright in the basement:dizzy: guess I overdid it last month!
Congrats on the under 150 even after a day of taste testing!

Sum38
02-21-2012, 08:00 PM
I am scared....it means anesthesia... ~~funny my son wants to be an anesthesiologist ~~ and my daughter is going to be a pharmacist ~~ I am just scared a bit. Hubby said...whilst you are under...maybe get a tummy tuck you always wanted :D

BUT if it helps someone else, I will definitely do it.

K9Owner
02-22-2012, 12:03 AM

Bless you!! What a gift to be able to give a gift of life to someone else!!
You're a gem!!

HOWEVER, as sweet as your BIG heart is, if you think for a second that I am lying around in bed, deterring from my goals while you run off and leave me in the dust.....I have news for you----

NOT HAPPENING!!

145?? :lol: Only if I gain some in muscle, which would be ok too!!!

K9Owner
02-22-2012, 12:04 AM
**& yes I wrote OUT LOUD in red!!**
:rofl:

Sum38
02-22-2012, 06:31 AM
I laughed at your comment on MFP Krystal... haha...

Sum38
02-22-2012, 06:34 AM
I did not sleep that much last night; I am a bit nervous about today and what I will learn about the donation....

I am not doing a weigh in today; I don't want to be disappointed :D I want to see low numbers.

Definitely staying OP today with 7 mile walk.

jomatho
02-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Had a great day yesterday, I actually came in low on cals again, I figure if I don't feel I need them, I may as well save them for when I do (TOM is expected in a week, need I say more?)
Got in my intervals and some running and some walking.
Would have liked my protein a little higher so I will work on that today.

Todays plan is weights and then maybe a walk. I have some running around to do, so I will see what kind of energy I can muster, right now I am feeling a little doggish.

Hope everyone has a great day!

K9Owner
02-22-2012, 08:47 AM
If you all haven't guessed yet, I love helping other people. So, you can imagine how excited I was when I turned my high school best friend onto spiking! I had turned her on to MFP last year, but she only uses the phone app with like 4 friends….until now! She has 2 boys. Her and her hubby moved to GA last year, and she has packed on about 60+ lbs with pregnancy and life in general. The funny thing is, when we were in high school, we were members of TOPS (take off pounds sensibly)--YES! in high school!

We were always trying to go from 150 to 140. I can't remember if we ever made it, but we must have b/c we eventually stopped going to the meetings. We were the youngest 2 there in a group of mostly grey-haired ladies. We went with her parents.

Even being the youngest, we loved those little older women's inspiring stories & struggles.

That makes me reflect this morning on just how long I've been doing this…really my whole life. While our other friends were going to the mall & getting drunk, we were going to nutrition meetings.

I think it has largely played an important role in how I see food & why I will not allow myself to get over 165lbs.

Also, it puts things into perspective that I have never been in that 115-125lb category & that is OK.

She had made a commie on FB about "Only losing 1 lb for the week". Now you all know I had to say something. Only 1 lb! ONLY 1 POUND?!?!
I'd love to lose a pound in a week after a 6 month plateau. But she Im'd me and put things into great perspective for me, & I quickly developed an overwhelming heavy heart for heavier people all over MFP and 3FC that I know--though limited.

She said, "Well, when you have more that 60 lbs to lose, 1 pound a week is very discouraging, especially when I was so used to just needing to lose about 20 lbs. This is really hard."

I felt sad for her & thought::I had 20 to lose and KNOW how hard that was for me. With 60,80,100+ even moreso.

So, for those of you with higher amounts to lose & are struggling, I have this for you today:: Don't Quit! Even if it's 1 pound this week and 2 next week, or maybe none for the week after you have been diligent with your efforts.. DON'T QUIT! Tell yourself you can quit tomorrow, then never allow tomorrow to come. :hug:

Sum38
02-22-2012, 09:32 AM
I am doing something that I usually never, EVER do!

I am just wanting to EAT!! Just Eat and I am fighting back that urge by wearing size 8 jeans that are tight on my belly :fr: I am the ultimate snob what comes to right fitting clothes; I could run "national ban muffin top department" :dizzy: So I am wearing these jeans that feel snug; I am hiding my muffin top under a sweater that I won't gross everyone out :D So by wearing these jeans I am reminding myself that those little bites are not worth it....

The things we do....now I need to sneak into grocery store and pray that no one I know sees me; they would make fun of me and think I have lost my mind :devil: hehe.

edited to add; I must say they fit much better this week than they fit 2 weeks ago. I can actually breathe :rofl:

forloveofself
02-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Sum Congratulations on your additional loss! There is hope for us all. As well, I'm sure to don't look as muffin-y as you percieve :) How was the bone marrow appt? I'm glad I'm now healthy enough to be able to give blood again, since I'm 3rd rare A- (anemia was a problem for a while).

Jo, congrats on your NSVs. Keep moving ;)
I am doing what several websites have suggested, which is to eat maintenace calories for the weight I WANT TO BE (for minimum to moderate exercise) so that it will be a life change and not a 'diet'. Early on, I did lower the cals for the initial weight loss, then when I plateaued, I changed to eating maintenance for goal weight, the weight I WANT to be, 167lbs(my " happy weight," when I feel really confident). I used to be very atheletic in school 20+ yrs ago, so my muscle tone was near excellent then at 155 lbs ( my vanity goal) That is all I will say about my age :) (Not just for vanity, but for identity reasons).

Good news, the last time I posted, the night before doctors appt, I had a whoosh! I was down to 181 on the downstairs scale,(-2lbs) and with clothes at the doctor's just two pounds more. Yippeee! I still want it to be back to the 179 and less, but the whoosh was an ego boost. You know what it's like when you don't feel like 99 luftballoons!

Krystal I have no intention of quitting or regaining more than water weight ;) You are so right about perspective. The fact that I have had to donate most of my clothes after my inital loss tells me how far I've come, and that it was once more painful to live in my body, 16lbs ago.

Having a great day in body, hope you are all having the same.

jomatho
02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Hey girls!
Still trying to string together a good week here, one day at a time.
Yesterday was good, accomplished all the goals I wanted to, but still didn't get my protein up as high as I would have liked, but I tried!. I think it is the calorie restriction thing. I feel it is impossible to get much more in without giving up carbs all together and I am not about to do that.
Today is intervals (running), then some fat burning jogging and then if I have to make up some time or calories I will walk some too. I will shoot for 60 min. total. I am a little sore from weight lifting yesterday so the jogging will defo. help.

Deb, haha, I hear ya on the identity thing, and I graduated 20+ years ago from high school too and was pretty athletic. Maybe we played on the same sports team(s)!! Or maybe against each other, haha.
So I wasn't asking to be nosy, I was asking so I could plug your info into that calculator I was talking about because the numbers you were using seemed low to me. I just used the age 42, but even up to 46 the results were still within like 30 calories, so no big deal. That link is still in the previous post if you want to put in your true age.
Anyhow, it says if you want to weigh 167, your bmr (what you burn at total rest as if in a coma) is 1532. You should never eat under this number, this is what your body needs for all it's metabolic processes. Then it breaks your daily calorie goal into activity levels:
Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1776
Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2035
Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2294
Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2553
Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2812

So if you are moderately active and want to eat for your goal weight of 167, you should be eating about 2300 calories a day! You may find you are not losing or losing too fast and have to play around with your activity levels, but you can see the numbers are much higher than what you have been eating.
It may help once you are at maintenance too.
I hope I am not annoying you with this, I just wanted to help and I hate to see people struggling.
Oh, and congrats on getting some of that water weight off!!!

I am eating under my bmr some days, but I am spiking on the weekend, so that makes those calories up. Just wanted to put that out there in case I say what my calories are and you think I am eating under bmr, it is purposeful in order to allow myself a spike day on the weekend. A whole other way of doing things. Otherwise, I don't believe in eating under bmr. It kills me to see people in maintenance eating at or under bmr and working out like crazy. Of course it is what they have to do to maintain, their bodies are starving! Easy for me to say, I suck at maintaining, but I have a lot more tools under my belt this time around, so here's hoping.

Sum, I laughed about the muffin top. I am the same way, I hate wearing anything a smidge too tight in the waist. I don't like seeing muffins, especially on me! I have a pair I keep trying on (NOT 8s), but still a little too tight in the waist and upper thighs. Getting there though. How did the tighter pants work for you? Were you able to reign in the hunger? I was a little more hungry yesterday too.

K9, that's great you converted your friend too. I feel her pain. When you have a lot to lose it can be very very daunting. Especially when trying to do it with a family in tow. The meal planning is daunting, getting the exercise in is exhausting and if she is working, that is a whole other ball to juggle along with it. In a year she will be glad, but looking ahead to this all taking a year really deflates the motivation right out of you.
Looks like you got in a good workout last night while I was sleeping!

K9Owner
02-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Jo: Thanks for posting the above info on BMR & eating at maintenance. I needed that this a.m.

Sum38
02-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Krystal I am so glad that your friend is wanting to do this! -- I feel her pain, tho. -- I remember when I was 160-165 and feeling miserable and depressed about the weighloss ahead; I kept reminding myself that each pound made me feel lighter and happier and I tried not focusing on the end goal. -- You can tell her about me, how happy I was when I stayed under 150 after pigging out :) I was sincerely happy, still 25 pounds from the goal. -- Yesterday those tight fitting jeans made me feel good; funny thing...I remember when I bought them and that size 8 :rofl: made me feel miserable... isn't funny how we look at things differently. Good luck to her. I am glad she has you as her friend and motivator.

Jo Do you like cottage cheese? Yogurt? I sneak those in for my protein. -- How did your hubby like the lasagna? -- I am eating too many calories; I am eating the ones that you are leaving behind :rofl: so it is all balancing out :D You are welcome :D :D

Deb I love when I have the whoosh! Congrats! It is a such mental boost!

--------

My day was kinda off. The-muffin-top-jeans worked until I just became too uncomfortable in them :dizzy: I cooked some more for the freezer and I kept sampling too much. I did not tally up my bites here and there, but I know I was wayyy over my calories for the day. -- I think I am close to TOM. My daughter and I, our bodies are wanting to go on same cycle. She was 10 days late and I think I will get mine early. -- I am eating like I do when PMS:ing.... -- I used to use NuvaRing and only get my period once in every 3 months (I had some issues), that schedule was hard on my daughter's cycle :rofl: and to help her out I went off BC. Now for the past 3 months we have been kinda messed up...we need to get in sync and all will be bliss :devil:

I had my blood drawn for the bone marrow;they are checking if I can be a match. -- I saw doctor and she explained the procedure, what to expect etc. -- It is scary, but I would feel like a jerk if I were to bail out now when someone needs me; just because I am scared. I am not dying, and the person who needs it may be. So if am a match, we will go forward.

I will do my very best to stay OP today; I need it!!
I am lacking will power :( My hubby :drill: works from home, so he is dragging me out for a walk...if it was left up to me, I would skip today...it would be my 3rd day :( I am glad he kicks my butt when needed :^:

Okee off to get dressed for the walk.

Have a FAB day girls! :hug:

Sum38
02-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Why am I my own biggest enemy? Each time I reach 150, I start eating like mad...as if I need to see how fast can I pack on the pounds again... I ate over 2100 cal on Tuesday and over 2200 cal on Wednesday.

Support me here...kick my a$$...give me some hard love!

I was 148.5 pounds this morning. I was 146.5 on Monday :mad: I don't want to go back, but why, WHY can't I stop sabotaging myself??

Someone tape my mouth shut, better yet...use stables!!

forloveofself
02-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Hello girls, How goes your day so far?

Sum, I hope your bone marrow will find a match soon. Great feeling to be able to help someone in need, isn't it.
Jo, Sum is right, greek yogurt works well for me to get my protein in. I have been making a point to eat a beef stir fry once or twice a week ( I usually make chicken)

That is astonishing! Fat2Fit gives me almost 500 cals more than FreeDieting.com/tools for maintenance and about 200 more for weightloss! I feel stuffed when I eat 1600-1800 cals a day!
At first I thought you might not have checked the 'female' box, but that is for a female. At least now I won't beat myself up so much when I eat pizza on the weekends!

Krystal, Seems we both got insight from Jo today :)

jomatho
02-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Woohoo, had an awesome workout today!
Snow shoveling x 20 min
Running intervals x 15 min (1:2 ratio)
(rest 5 min.-supposed to help burn the circulating fats from intervals
Jogging x 20 min
Walking x 25 min
Total calorie burn according to bodybugg=just under 900, but I only logged part of that for fudge factor.

Thanks for the protein ideas girls! Need to cook up some MEAT! I pretty much like everything you mentioned except cottage cheese, due to the texture and taste, pretty much makes me want to ralph. Funny that Deb mentioned stir fry, I just pulled some pre-cut/marinated chicken chunks from the freezer to stir fry up tonight! Yum. Just have to hit the fresh market for some veggies. I seem to be on a cruciferous kick, I am loving me some cauliflower and cabbage mmmm. Ooops, I am supposed to be focusing on MEAT! I am also thinking of making quinoa for the first time to serve with it. Just trying to figure out if I can make it in my rice cooker.

jomatho
02-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello girls, How goes your day so far?

Sum, I hope your bone marrow will find a match soon. Great feeling to be able to help someone in need, isn't it.
Jo, Sum is right, greek yogurt works well for me to get my protein in. I have been making a point to eat a beef stir fry once or twice a week ( I usually make chicken)

That is astonishing! Fat2Fit gives me almost 500 cals more than FreeDieting.com/tools for maintenance and about 200 more for weightloss! I feel stuffed when I eat 1600-1800 cals a day!
At first I thought you might not have checked the 'female' box, but that is for a female. At least now I won't beat myself up so much when I eat pizza on the weekends!

Krystal, Seems we both got insight from Jo today :)

That IS a big difference! Well, maybe split the difference and see what that does for you. Oh my gosh, 1600-1800 is nothing! Just add in some more calorie dense things to get it a little higher, a serving of nuts, nut butter, healthy oil, avacado, dark chocolate that kind of thing. I am always amazed when people say they cant eat more. I typically eat at least 3000 calories or more on my spike days and I think the calories go so darn fast! Sometimes I wish I was a guy so I could eat 4000-5000 calories on those days, that would be cool! I could have my chocolate and my wine in one day, OMG that would be amazing :lol:

Sum38
02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Try being short Jo.... It sucks! My hubby eats non stop and all this good stuff like cheese and ice cream and strawberries with whipped cream :D -- We just walked... I burned 559 cal, he burned nearly 900...NOT FAIR!!!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: I am far more active doing household chores as well. Sucks to be a woman at times :D

K9Owner
02-24-2012, 08:58 AM
I made a post here yesterday, but when I sent it, the server reconnected! :devil:
Anyway, all week, I have been extremely hungry. Like ravenous. I don't really know why. I am post-ovulation, but I have been lifting and having the strangest cravings for protein--chicken, cottage cheese, protein shakes, and the like. :chin:

Wed & Thurs, I thought for sure I was going over my cals, but each day, I didn't. I have been napping all week, which has crushed my 2-A-Day plan. :( Better luck next time.

I am going to weigh in tomorrow as my official weigh in for the week. My scale has been ornery this week. I know it is from lifting, because every muscle in my body is screaming "OUCH" on every level.

Great job everyone this week with your workouts!! We have all been completely dedicated to doing exercise this week and that is just awesome.

I am working this weekend--again. So, Spike Day will come again on Sunday for me. I wish it were today. I think I am going to get Chinese food for Spike this week. I really wanted some yesterday when I pasted an Asian Bistro while looking for new running shoes.

Back later. Have a great Friday everyone :)

jomatho
02-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Hey girls, hope your Friday is going well!

Had a good day yesterday, met all the goals I set out to.

Today I will get in my weight lifting, and then maybe a walk for some added calorie burn, but for sure the weights. Kind of a late start for the day, kids are off for a 4 day weekend, so I splurged on some much needed sleep. Still feeling kinda out of it, blek, must be TOMs friend PMS being a bad influence on me.

Sum, I can't even compare myself to DH with eating or weight loss or anything, just makes me mad. I know I gained weight because I ate with him/like him a lot. I always need to keep in perspective that I need smaller amounts than him to be healthy!

K9, did a week go by already or did you pick up an extra shift? I will be spiking sun too, haven't figured out what yet.

K9Owner
02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Jo: I picked up an extra shift last week! & yes! :yes: time does fly when we're having fun!! :lol:
It is funny you mention the portions/eating habits of you DH. That is the main reason I gained 20 lbs. mine loves to eat out & always expected me to go, order, & have dessert!!!
Glad that activity changed before 20 turned into 40,60,80....

Sum38
02-24-2012, 10:30 PM
I am having totally out of control week.

I am feeling sick today, not from eating, but overall I don't feel well. -- I feel like I am having a lupus flare up; my joints are killing me and I am totally drained. I hope it is just a cold, or some drive by virus :(

I did not even log my food in today, but I am sure it was another 2200 + calorie day :mad: Why can't I stop???

Tomorrow I have another long day in a car; DD is applying for the Honor's program at her future college and she has to take an on-site test. Hopefully 7 hours in a car will help me to cut this cycle. I won't bring any snacks along for me.

I hope the rest of you are staying OP.

K9Owner
02-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Kristiina: I hate to hear this!! I hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you, gf.

jomatho
02-25-2012, 07:47 AM
I had a rough day yesterday too filled with absolutely no energy. It was all I could do to get through my weight lifting workout, then I tried to walk, but quit at 15 minutes. I then did what I had to do for the house, vacuuming, a little dusting and only one bathroom. It's got to be PMS draining me. It was really weird, as you know I wear a bodybugg, so I can see how many calories I am burning by the minute. Usually with lifting weights it is 3.5-5 per minute, cleaning house 3-4 per minute, walking 4-6.5 per minute and running 6-11 per minute. Yesterday, during all of my activities I burned a whopping 1.5 calories per minute. It never changed whether I was on the treadmill, lifting weights, vacuuming or sitting on my arse! I think it got up to 1.8 at one point but that was it! Unbelievable! Not sure I have ever noticed that before, but I will be watching more closely right before TOM next month. My body was trying to tell me something.
I stayed within my calories yesterday, but can't say I didn't want to eat a heck of a lot more than I did!
I hope today is a better day, I want to get in one more good workout before taking a rest day tomorrow. Oh, and tomorrow is my official weigh in day, last chance workout, :lol:.
Still don't know what I am having for spike day tomorrow. Well, I guess I do have one individual serving size bag of cadbury mini eggs ready to go and a bottle of wine chilling, but other than that, I don't know what I am eating.

Kristiina, I feel ya, :hug: Try to do one thing better than you did yesterday. I hope you feel better soon!

:wave: hi Deb and Krystal. Hope all is well with you guys!

Sum38
02-25-2012, 11:00 PM
I did a 24 fast. -- I had coffee and cream this am, but that was all :o -- I had to cut this horrid binge cycle. My scale was 152 this morning :(:( How does one gain 5.5 pounds in 5 days? :?::?: I know it is all sodium and junk... so decided to take a 24 hour food break. -- I had to eat not-so-good-dinner because we were on a road, but I think I finally managed to get myself under control. :carrot:

Tomorrow will be fruit and veggie and WATER day. -- TOM is knocking on my door, and I think it is going to be a nasty one :(

So I had 4 totally horrid days; maybe I learned my lesson :devil::devil: It will take me 2 weeks to recover....and looking back; was it fun?? No :( -- I feel sh1tty; slow and sluggish, amazing what bad food choices do to us. -- I guess it was a good reminder how yucky I used to feel all the time. So I am back on plan and determined.

DD and I had a nice and informative day. I think she is going to get accepted for the Honor's college. I am very happy for her. She will have her own room, she hates sharing...she loves her sleep and this way she can have her own routine. She is going to be a pharmacist and that program is quite demanding. I am sad that she will be 3 hours away :( I will miss her like mad, I am not ready to have her move out. Scary how fast they grow.

Okee, I am exhausted. I am going to get a good night of sleepies and focus on healthier tomorrow.

jomatho
02-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Morning all! I am behind today, just having my coffee now.

TOM decided to show up 3 days early yesterday, which explains why I have been ravenous the last 2 days and why I can't seem to muster up any energy. It also explains why DH keeps telling me I am crabby and I keep telling him I'm not. Whatever!

So TOM starts and it is Spike day today, need I say more? :lol:

I lost a pound this week, which I am grateful for since I am probably holding water right now, I'll take it!

Sum, sounds like you have gotten yourself back on track, sorry you have been struggling so much. It happens to all of us. 5.5 isn't so bad if you consider at least half of that is probably just water, replaced glycogen and food moving through your system. Give it a few more days of being on plan. :hug:

:wave: Hi K9

Sum38
02-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Jo, we have the same cycle :D -- Well I am supposed to get mine on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yesterday's fast is working :carrot: I am back on plan eating what I am supposed to be eating. We also walked over 5 miles, and I am feeling good about today. --Thank you ladies so much for being here! I have given up million times when I have slipped in the past. Now because I feel accountable, I know these things happen but I won't let it ruin how far I have gone this time. :hug:

forloveofself
02-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Hello girls, and Larry if you are lurking :) Wondering where princessg is in her journey these days ;)

Krystal, how was your weigh in? You look so fab already (avatar and blog) you have nothing to worry about from the scales. With the exception of my bigger D cups, I think you and I have the same body type, so there is hope for me to be fabulous too :). Knowing my sister, I think a Chinese restaurant will be the first stop when I land in Tampa March 12. Yum! (unless it's the Cheesecake Factory, also a big Yum!) Can't wait to see her and family and my best friend even more.

Sum, I'm so sorry you are having a lupus flare, I empathise, and I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure you will have a big whoosh soon and most if not all of your 5er will soon be gone.

Jo, Brava for doing your workout when you were feeling unenergetic. Best time to do it I've found. Though I don't workout nearly as much as you do, I do something everyday, but Thursday before the snows was my best this week; 3miles outdoors.
I tried out 'really spiking' for me, Friday, 2200 cals, and to an extentent 'ovedid' it Saturday 2000 cals. I felt like a fat sausage with legs on friday, but not as bad saturday, though I had a massive head and neckache all day(fibro).
I checked a couple of other websites including kriskris.com which gave me a maximum of 1830 cals per day maintenance for 167lbs. So I am indeed, as you suggested, trying to split the difference between all these confusing web sites. So I will do my best to have 1850 cals everyday. The probiotics are helping me better digest food, so that is a NSV.

'Bought myself another pair of skinny jeans. I purposely wore my fat jeans, and looking in the full length changing room mirror before trying on the new pair, I looked like I had borrowed someone else's jeans! So baggy are they.

Have a great week eveyone.

jomatho
02-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Sum, glad you are feeling a better about things today! Good for you for picking back up where you left off instead of letting things snowball. Yes, sounds like we are cycle sisters!

Love, glad you are figuring things out with your cals and hope it works out for you. I have heard the last few pounds are the hardest, so eating a little more and losing slower seems to be the recommendation of most. Glad you found some jeans you like, that is not always easy! I dread jean shopping, but will have to do it eventually.
I had a similar experience this week with a sweatshirt I threw on, it is an old college sweatshirt I used to wear all the time, I put it on and I felt like a little girl in her dad's clothes.

K9, where are you today? Still sleeping from working or out eating/enjoying your spike day? Hope you are having a good one!

K9Owner
02-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Soooooo mentally and physically exhausted!
On one hall, I have a demanding family who wants 1 thing 1 minute, I get it for them & then, they don't want it; setting a phone alarm to wake them every 2 hrs so I can come give their family member (who is in her upper 80s & knocked out) Morphine via IV.
On another hall, they bring me a meth-head who is legally DRUNK, crying all over me, wanting to know why her bf beats her, kicked her out of the house, and loves to view porn----AT SHIFT CHANGE!!
One more night......I think I can.... I think I can..... :faint:

Sum38
02-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Perfectly OP all day; (BIG) sigh of relief. Just under 1400 calories and 5+ mile walk.

Hope you get some R&R Krystal.

K9Owner
02-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Sooooo tired!!! :faint:
I need sleep.
Hope you all are having a great Monday :)

Sum38
02-27-2012, 02:56 PM
149.5 lbs this morning...still 3 pounds higher than last Monday but, I am ok :)

I had a nice Nordic walk with hubby and puppy. Those poles do increase the intensity. -- Useless info of the day; A Finn invented the pole walking :) ( Who invented pole dancing? :D)

I have been a super good girl, staying OP all day.

forloveofself
02-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Hello
Hi Jo

K9O, hope you were able to sleep well.

Sum, great that you have lost some of your water. Great with the pole walking. Great fun!

Today I learned from the doctor the results of last Tuesday's bloodwork. I am severly vitamin D dificient ( Boy do I need to be in Florida!!!) which as I'm sure you know, affects bones, the ability to use calcium, which in turn also affects how we lose weight. So in a way, things are looking up. I just need to double my current intake of D3/D which I already have on hand.

Sum38
02-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Today is my love's Birthday ♥

jomatho
02-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Sum, happy birthday to your love!!! Will you go out tonight? What are your plans?

Deb, I was just diagnosed with low vitamin D also! What was your number? Mine was 33, they want you to be 30-90 I believe it was, so my dr. told me to take 1,000 D3 a day. Of course I did my own research and it says preferable levels are 50-70 and 1,000 per day will generally raise it 10 points, so most days I am taking 2000-2400. I say most days because I forget some days.

Well, girls I think I broke my butt. No kidding, I slipped going down the basement stairs and bounced on my butt a few stairs. It wasn't pretty. I have a lot of pain in my tailbone. Reminiscent of when I was a teen, I slipped on the ice and injured the same spot. I think I may go see my dr. today just to put my mind at ease as to whether I broke it or not. Although, I know there is not much that can be done for the tailbone or pelvis, it would just give me information as to when I can expect to get back to regular activities. If it is broken, I will have to lay off the workouts for a long while. If it is just bruised, I can deal with it when I feel ready. I already have a dermatologist appt. today for my skin exam, so I am not sure I can get in today or not. I am extremely bummed. I was making so much progress with my weight lifting, I just don't want to stop now :( I am in a lot of pain, sitting, lying, standing and especially changing positions from one to the other, ugh.

K9Owner
02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Jo: I absolutely hate to hear this news! I hope you did not break or fracture it. You have come to far to be derailed at this point, but listen to your body if you did. Those things take time to heal. I hope you feel better soon.

Kristiina: Awe! Happy Birthday to your sweetie. I hope you have something nice in mind :)
Maybe you could try your luck with pole dancing!! I bet he'd like that!!!

LoveofSelf: IDK if my Vitamin D levels are low or not, but I'd LOVE to join you in FL regardless!!
I love FL!! I find it interesting how a vitamin deficiency can cause our bodies to increase or decrease the # on the scale.

I was able to get some sleep. Thanks everyone for your concern over me :) It's good to feel like I'm missed when I am absent.
DH took the babs to the park Monday afternoon while I slept. :yay: I love to sleep with them, but I don't get enough quality sleep with a 60lb lab/pit on my feet and constant whining from the 15 yr old wanting to go outside. It was a win-win for all of us.

So, I am almost positive that I will be taking a little break from so much cardio after this 1/2 Mary training is over. I think I am hindering my fat loss by placing so much stress on my body in terms of cals burned with my workouts. I usually do a couple miles on the :tread: on the days I lift in addition to my cardio only days, just to keep up with the training schedule. This week, my long run will be 7 miles ( :crossed: Thursday). I ran 4 last night. I'll do 3-4 tonight and 2 on Wednesday.

Something great happened at work over the weekend while I was talking to our secretary about nutrition. I found myself MISSING my workouts!! I was showing her some BodyRock moves (because she asked) at the nurses station!! :lol: I can't believe I was actually missing and wanting to do exercise at work!! I'm weird….what can I say???

It's "No Excuses" Tuesday!!!
Do whatever you have to do to get your workout in and get on top of your fuel for your body today, including you--Jo!!
I realize you are limited in the workout part, but you are not limited in the "take a much NEEDED break" part. It is difficult for us to STOP and allow our bodies time to recover, but that's your challenge for today.
Take this time to exercise your brain by reading some new material. Plan some new lifting routines. Get some new recipes. You can remain active even though you can't perform a workout.
I have found planning to be my best friend lately. I can't stand to go to the gym in a "wing-it" mode. Equally, I have found I stay OP with eating when I have planned what foods I need to get at the market and which snacks to prepare early in the week.

Happi Tuesday everyone!!

jomatho
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Jo: I absolutely hate to hear this news! I hope you did not break or fracture it. You have come to far to be derailed at this point, but listen to your body if you did. Those things take time to heal. I hope you feel better soon.

[COLOR="Red"]It's "No Excuses" Tuesday!!!
Do whatever you have to do to get your workout in and get on top of your fuel for your body today, including you--Jo!!
I realize you are limited in the workout part, but you are not limited in the "take a much NEEDED break" part. It is difficult for us to STOP and allow our bodies time to recover, but that's your challenge for today.
Take this time to exercise your brain by reading some new material. Plan some new lifting routines. Get some new recipes. You can remain active even though you can't perform a workout.
I have found planning to be my best friend lately. I can't stand to go to the gym in a "wing-it" mode. Equally, I have found I stay OP with eating when I have planned what foods I need to get at the market and which snacks to prepare early in the week.

Happi Tuesday everyone!!

I refuse to let this derail me! Doctor couldn't get me in until tomorrow so I am just going to give it another day or two to see how it feels. I'm sure the doc would prob want to just give me pain meds and I probably wouldn't take them. I bought some gel ice packs and tried to buy a cushion to take the pressure off the tailbone, but they all hurt, so I will just stand or lay down when I can. I am going to take it as easy as possible the rest of this week, aside from the necessities. I hate resting when I don't want to :(
I am the most bummed about my weight lifting, I only had 4 more workouts left in phase 1. Sigh.

forloveofself
02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Sum, 'Hope your love had a great B'day!
Jo, So sorry about your hurting your tailbone. I can imagine how painful it is. 'Hope it's not serious.
I'm suppose to take 8000 IUs.

Krystal, I can empathize about you missing your workouts. I miss all the heavy duty outdoor activities I do in the spring thru Fall. Walking indoors and even lifiting handweights are just not the same s a really hard workout, whether in the gym or outside.

HAVE A GREAT BONUS DAY THE 29th!

jomatho
02-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Sum, 'Hope your love had a great B'day!
Jo, So sorry about your hurting your tailbone. I can imagine how painful it is. 'Hope it's not serious.
I'm suppose to take 8000 IUs.

Krystal, I can empathize about you missing your workouts. I miss all the heavy duty outdoor activities I do in the spring thru Fall. Walking indoors and even lifiting handweights are just not the same s a really hard workout, whether in the gym or outside.

HAVE A GREAT BONUS DAY THE 29th!

Wow, 8000 is a ton! Makes me wonder if my doc. knows what she is talking about because everything I read talks about more. She did kind of poo poo me and said a lot of people are low this time of year, but I insisted on getting checked with my normal bloodwork.
And did you know obese people have a hard time using D because it is fat soluble, so it gets absorbed into the fat and not used as much in the bloodstream. Makes me wonder how long I have been low.

jomatho
02-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Still hurting this morning, about the same. I cringe at the thought of getting in the car today, that was definitely the worst situation, I could not get comfortable no matter what position I put my seat in. Luckily I only have to transport to/from school today, no other activities or appts. on the books until tomorrow.
I am so scared to not be able to work out right now, it is freaking me out a little bit to be honest.
Happy Leap day to you all, do some leaping for me please!

K9Owner
02-29-2012, 08:16 AM
JO: I sure hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you girlie!

K9Owner
02-29-2012, 08:39 AM
:wave: GM Ladies

Larry: Where have you disappeared?? Missing your updates. Check in soon, please.

AFM:
I went to visit my parents yesterday. This always makes for an interesting and challenging eating day. IDK why it is , but when I go there, I am always hungry, despite eating before I go.
Yesterday was no different. Needless to say, I was 150 cals over for the day. Oh well. I worked it off at the gym later in the evening.

I have been so hungry this week & not for healthy selections. I've been craving food in general, not anything in particular, just more of it. I did an update of my BMR today on MFP and it has dropped 30 points since dropping my weight to 141, which SUX. How long will I have to eat 1200 cal days?? I seriously don't know how long I can keep this up. I haven't a 1200 cal day this week!!
I did manage 3 of them last week, but not successful this week.
I'm supposed to do 3 (1200)cal days--3 (1400) cal days, then spike at 2600-2800.
Sunday, I spiked at 3259!!! of course, that was an estimate b/c I had Chinese take out, but it was pretty close in cals, & I could have eaten more!!

For non-MFPers, my niece got engaged this past weekend, so I offered her my wedding dress to wear. I drug it out of the guest bedroom closet to put it on to send her pics, b/c it's been 9 yrs since she's seen it & it was TOO BIG on me!! :yay:
I did a complete happi dance in my bedroom!! & even though she didn't want to wear it, I felt great in knowing that I am now smaller than I was when DH and I got married! But then again, it shouldn't have surprised me that much. When I got married, I was in my pre-req year of nursing school. I gained this same 20 lbs over the 3 yrs I was in school!

IDK what is planned for me today, maybe the market. I need some veggies. I haven't had too many of those this week. I need to plan some meals, use my crockpot, and do some food prep. I'll be lifting later tonight at the gym.
I'm really glad I joined & speaking of which, my friend's brother and I have been working out since I've been going, & he tells his friends and family I am killing him….in a good way. He told me last night he was really glad I started coming, b/c I push him to do more than he would normally do.
:lol: that's the :drill: in me!!!
I am SOOO like that! I'm always saying things like, "Come on, you got this…2 more..push yourself. Don't quit now."
IDK where this comes from. I am the least motivated person I know sometimes, but I've told you all before I feed off of seeing other people's weakness, which is just WRONG on every level!!

Hope you all have a wonderful HUMP day Wednesday.
I totally forgot about it being Leap Year!
Finally, all of my friends I know who have a birthday on this day WILL be able to celebrate!! :woohoo:

Sum38
02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Jo; oh no!!!! I hope you did not!!! That would royally just SUCK!

Krystal; maybe you need those extra calories, at least for now. Your muscles are getting stronger and burning more fuel. Better enjoy now while you are training. :D

I need to get my vitamin D tested as well. I hope it will make a difference. My GF was low and she got a mega doze like that as well.

I made gumbo last night, and it turned out sooooo good. I over ate it of course, but calories were still ok for the day. -- Hubby just wanted to stay at home and we watched a movie as a family. -- Best kind of a bday for him, considering he was MIA so many years whilst traveling for work. He just loves being at home and not leaving the house, because he does not have to. So home, and homecooked meals are precious for him.

Sum38
03-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Jo How did it go at doctor's? I have been thinking about you!!

forloveofself
03-01-2012, 10:20 PM
K9O Congrats on your NSV with your wedding dress! Fantastic!

Jo, Hope your tailbone is better today.

Sum How did the mega dose of D work for your GF? It may just be knowing that there was someting wrong, D3 dificiency, and that there is hope but I do think I'm already feeling results. I ache slightly less, I slept better last night.

I texted my sis about being excited to see her in 11 days, she wrote back "weather is great, I think summer is here" Of course there is still 6 or so inches of snow on the ground where I am :) My bod sure needs all that natural VitD3 form sushine!

K9Owner
03-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Hi girls!
Gosh, where did this week go??

Well, I was supposed to have my long run Thursday, but DH got home early, the weather was gorgeous :sunny: , and we took the K9s for a picnic at the park. We had a very relaxing day, making plenty of natural VitD!! I walked for about an hour or so, nothing too strenuous. Afterwards, I went home, took a 3 hr nap, got up, went to the market, then headed to the gym for abs.
I ended up getting on the elliptical machine, which I usually don't do, but it was really fun. I went forwards and backwards. I felt like I was dancing. People were looking at me like I was a weirdo!!
How could I resist NOT partying on that thing when "Sexi & I know it" blared through my BlueAnt???

Happi Friday to all of you! Any plans this weekend?? I picked up 2 shifts this weekend to give 2 other RNs the weekend off. I hope and pray it's better than last week!!

Sum38
03-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Monthly tally:

starting weight 153
ending weight 149.5
total: 3.5 pound loss

measurements
start 40/32.5/40.5
end 40/32/40

I wish I had lost 5 pounds, but considering how i went out of control for 7 some days, 3 1/2 pounds is still great :)

K9Owner
03-02-2012, 09:04 AM
I realize we need a new thread, but I'll do it on Monday ;)

forloveofself
03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Good Morning!
Major sinus headache since last night so the pressure woke me a couple of times. Should have taken sinus med before bed.

Sum Congrats on both your scale and NSV's!
NSV underbust now 37.5 stil a D cup
Fifteen lbs ago underbust was 41 nearely e cup
K9O don't overdo on the extra shifts! I hope it doesn't affect your sleep patterns too much. Picnic and warmth sounds marvelous; Can hardly wait for March 12th and two weeks of sun!

I hope Jo is okay?!

Simmering a pot of beans since last night. May puree some for veggie burger making or 'refried' beans on the side
Hello and Happy weekend to the missing! :)

jomatho
03-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi gals. Yes, I am ok, trying to keep my spirits up. I am switching my thinking around from being mad at myself for getting injured to being thankful I didn't seriously injure myself, it could have been much, much worse.
I think I mentioned that I cancelled my dr. appt. because I kept being reminded that there is nothing they can do for the tailbone or pelvis, which I already knew. So I decided to give it a few days to see if it was feeling any better before I ran into the doctor. I am able to control the pain with ibuprofen and ice packs shoved down my pants :lol:. I am moving around much better, just have to be careful with sitting and moving from one position to another. I can pretty much do all the light household chores like switching loads of laundry, dishes, cooking, picking up around the house. I am avoiding heavy lifting, vacuuming, stuff like that. I can't sit too long, lay too long or stand too long so I just keep moving around, doing what I can. Today I made it through the grocery store, carried my bags and stuff, so I am getting along ok. I would say it feels about 40 percent better than day 1/2. Day 2 was the worst. I have a pretty bruise about the size of a grapefruit on my upper buttock and into the small of my back, but that doesn't hurt as much as the tailbone. So that's where I am at. No formal exercise, I am just trying to keep moving around so that my daily burns are around 2000 at least and I am getting that done.
A couple of mfp friends recommended I try to just maintain right now because I need the nutrition to heal, so I am trying to do that, but I still feel guilty for eating more when I am not burning as much. So many head games! Wednesday I did pretty good, ate around 1800, but yesterday only got in just over 1200. I doubt I will see a loss this week, I just don't think my body will lose weight without working out. I am still 1 pound up from last weeks low and have been there for about 3 days now. Not sure if I will break even at least. I know I haven't eaten enough to gain a pound, but I am sure I have some swelling, matter of fact I can feel the swelling. Tom is just finishing up too, so I should have seen a good loss week, but that probably won't happen now either, bummer.
Oh well, my chin is up and I am focusing on clean eating, what else is a girl to do?
sorry so long, must have needed to vent a little :lol:

Deb, I have been sleeping like a rock since I started taking the extra D3! I was having all kinds of sleep issues that I thought were related to perimenopause, but now I wonder if it was the D. That was the first thing I noticed almost day 1, took me a few days to connect the dots. When I googled symptoms of low D, I found myself shaking my head yes to a lot of them:
fatigue/low energy
muscle pain
weak bones/fractures
high blood pressure
decreased immunity/sick often (due to low parathyroid)
depression or SAD
mood swings
sleep irregularities
decreased calcium absorption
increased PMS symptoms
-tearfulness
-anxiety
-irritability
increased body mass, difficulty regulating weight, obesity (this is because D helps with the production of Leptin which regulates fats and appetite)
metabolic syndrome/insulin sensitivity
breast cancer
decreased melatonin
-insomnia
-mood swings
-food cravings
diabetes

I am sure there are more, but that is the list I compiled the day I was curious about it ...

15 minutes of sun per day gives you enough D
Also get it in egg yolks, milk/dairy, organ meats, mackerel/sardines, fish oil and D supplements (D3 and Multi)

Sum, that's an awesome month, you should be proud! I just looked at my month and from the beginning to end, I lost a whole half of a pound, waaaaaa, but in total, it looks like I lost about 10 from all the rollercoastering I did, dang it! My body loves the 170's, especially right around 176-178. I must break through this!!!

K9, working the weekend again? You are a saint! Glad you enjoyed the elliptical, :lol: I got a mental picture of you rockin it out to LMFAO on it :lol:

Okay, I wrote a book, can you guys tell I have extra time on my hands???

K9Owner
03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
DAMMIT!!
i hate losing posts!

JO: I am right there in the gaining weight dept. w/you!
This week, my intakes were:
Mon: 1770
Tues: 1550
Wed: 1700
Thurs: 1200

I had Chinese food for Spike Day Sunday with approx 3200 cals, which turned out to be very BAD. It may be a while before I eat Chinese take out again.

I've burned 3000+ cals just in formal exercise using my Polar, not to mention all the other household movement I do.
However, my scale has read 143.6 all week, up until today, with I was welcomed with 144.6!
Up a lot from 141.8 last week!!

I am way past worrying about losing anymore at this point in my training. I am too hungry with all of this dang cardio. I know it has a great deal to do with Cortisol, b/c your body makes more Cortisol when you are endurance training, making glycogen harder to store and use.

@ this point, I don't know if I should continue doing Spike until AFTER my 1/2. I LOVE doing Spike, but it is extremely hard for me to manage 1200/1400 cal days during the week. I need fuel for my runs days before and after them. Of course, TOM is due any moment and his darn cRAVEN bird has been around, & I have a nice water balloon in my abdomen. I wish I'd start already. I typically lose with TOM.

jomatho
03-02-2012, 06:42 PM
DAMMIT!!
i hate losing posts!

JO: I am right there in the gaining weight dept. w/you!
This week, my intakes were:
Mon: 1770
Tues: 1550
Wed: 1700
Thurs: 1200

I had Chinese food for Spike Day Sunday with approx 3200 cals, which turned out to be very BAD. It may be a while before I eat Chinese take out again.

I've burned 3000+ cals just in formal exercise using my Polar, not to mention all the other household movement I do.
However, my scale has read 143.6 all week, up until today, with I was welcomed with 144.6!
Up a lot from 141.8 last week!!

I am way past worrying about losing anymore at this point in my training. I am too hungry with all of this dang cardio. I know it has a great deal to do with Cortisol, b/c your body makes more Cortisol when you are endurance training, making glycogen harder to store and use.

@ this point, I don't know if I should continue doing Spike until AFTER my 1/2. I LOVE doing Spike, but it is extremely hard for me to manage 1200/1400 cal days during the week. I need fuel for my runs days before and after them. Of course, TOM is due any moment and his darn cRAVEN bird has been around, & I have a nice water balloon in my abdomen. I wish I'd start already. I typically lose with TOM.

I was going to suggest you just eat at bmr instead of having low days but it looks like you are already doing that. Sorry you are miserable. I am sure your gain is just TOM related, but I can't say I blame you for not wanting to continue spiking right now. I am not sure it will be wise for me to spike right now either, with not being able to get in any good burns. Not sure what I am going to do yet. I know I could work out the numbers, but I have in the back of my head that I would gain if I spike without exercise:dizzy:

Sum38
03-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I have a question and need your opinion, please?

I have followed and tracked my food now, quite well, for 3 months. The first 20 days of my cycle (starting with TOM) I do well; stay OP and keep things in check. -- My 2 vegetarian, 6 higher protein and one one spurge day seems to work well and weight keeps dropping off...and then I hit pre the TOM days. Even a few years ago, my PMS cravings were limited to the day before of TOM, Now it is 7-9 day out of control cravings....I think I am heading for the menopause ugh...

My questions is; last week I had a fast day a few days before TOM and it stopped my downward spiral. -- I have been reading about IF and wondering if I were to follow the IF eating style for 7-9 days before TOM...would it be too drastic? I would do 24 fast once or twice in a week and only have 4 hour eating window during the other days... Would this completely mess me up? Be dangerous?

I am so upset that I get this horrid PMS. :mad:

Scale is back down to 148.5...but those drastic ups are really draining. I guess I should take it as part of the journey and as long as I am losing, I should focus on big picture...

jomatho
03-03-2012, 09:33 AM
I have a question and need your opinion, please?

I have followed and tracked my food now, quite well, for 3 months. The first 20 days of my cycle (starting with TOM) I do well; stay OP and keep things in check. -- My 2 vegetarian, 6 higher protein and one one spurge day seems to work well and weight keeps dropping off...and then I hit pre the TOM days. Even a few years ago, my PMS cravings were limited to the day before of TOM, Now it is 7-9 day out of control cravings....I think I am heading for the menopause ugh...

My questions is; last week I had a fast day a few days before TOM and it stopped my downward spiral. -- I have been reading about IF and wondering if I were to follow the IF eating style for 7-9 days before TOM...would it be too drastic? I would do 24 fast once or twice in a week and only have 4 hour eating window during the other days... Would this completely mess me up? Be dangerous?

I am so upset that I get this horrid PMS. :mad:

Scale is back down to 148.5...but those drastic ups are really draining. I guess I should take it as part of the journey and as long as I am losing, I should focus on big picture...

Oh Kristiina, I feel your pain! I am the same exact way. I do great most of the month with the exception of a hungry day or two right around ovulation, but then when PMS hits, I am a mess. I have said a few times before, I think I have gained all of my weight during PMS every month. And I think it was enough extra calories every month to slowly pack on the pounds. Other than the time right before my period, I really am a pretty healthy, normal eater. And yes, mine is usually 7-10 days before, typically 7 lovely days.
To answer your question, no I don't think that will mess you up. I think if fasting is something that interests you, you think you can do it and you think it will help your cravings, go for it. I think it would be an interesting experiment! Everyone is different and you don't know what will work for you without trying it!
Congrats on getting back down on the scale!

jomatho
03-03-2012, 11:11 AM
:lol:
I was looking at Sum's weight graph, so I decided to go add one with my weights added in from about feb 5th. Have I been on a roller coaster or what? Some of that variability is due to spiking, but seriously, I have GOT to get out of these 170s!!! They are driving me bonkers :dizzy:
Now I just have to figure out how to add new weights. . .

K9Owner
03-03-2012, 06:40 PM
:devil: TOM IS THE DEVIL IN A RED CAPE WIF RED HORNS AND A PITCHFORK!! :devil:

forloveofself
03-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Sum, I wish I could again do a water only fast as easily as I did once or twice in highschool/college. I really think it helps to flush toxins and cravings. I do think that IF by 4-6 hours helps as well.

K9O I agree about TOM! I was always irregular so sometimes I had no idea what was causing certain, shall we say, moods and and body hate.

Jo, I think I can say yes to all but 5 or so of those symptoms/effects of low D3.
I was so excited when I Googled and read several sites. I told a friend who has hypertension to look into D3 also, since it's suppose to be helpful with regulating that as well.

We ate at Ponderosa's for a Birthday celebration this afternoon. I had almost 2000 cals, which is okay for Saturday, and I did eat mainly meats and veggies, but I can still taste the salt and hidden sugars! Oh well, it makes twice this week that I've done 0ver 1850 cals. I hope this is not a trend!
Somebody stop me, please!

Sum38
03-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Aren't the tickers cute Jo? -- I figured to use that one instead of MFP; i will use it once per week there.... I was constantly gaining and shedding the same pound, and it sounded too impressive :D I hope your tail bone is feeling better.... I laughed at your ice pack in panties comment. And I felt really sorry for you! -- Injuries just suck!! We don't deserve them when we are working this hard!!!! :mad:

Deb My girlfriend is doing GREAT with vitamin D. she is naturally a high energy person but she went for a year when she was just exhausted all the time. she was tested for million things and finally her vitamin D and BAM, her quality of life increased!

Are you getting close to TOM Deb? -- Did you see how Jo and I (and I think Krystal) as well all react? :( Take a fast day; that what cut my cycle. I ate dinner and then fasted until dinner next day.... It did wonder's for me. :hug:

Krystal; I am :mad: for your behalf! TOM is our worst enemy. It is bad enough to have IT, but then the weight gain, bloat ugh.... I gained 5.5 pounds; I hope that makes you feel better :)

Sum38
03-04-2012, 08:49 AM
I had very busy 2 days. Interesting days as well.

DD's High School had their annual music festival and I always volunteer for it. -- Last time I saw many of the other band mom's was on December 3rd; band kids had their over night party....and it was my turning point night what came to my weight loss journey. TOM had just started and it had caused massive water gain; I think I was nearing 165 pounds with bloat and hormones...I looked and felt miserable and I had NOTHING that fit me... do December 4th my serious journey started....

Now 3 months later, almost to a date, we had the festival and I had not seen these moms during that time. OMG what the reaction was! -- Now with my weight loss, I have so many more clothes to wear and I am dressing up pretty nice each time I go out in public. -- I wore my size 8 jeans (the ones that are actually 10 - :D) and they fit me really nice, look and size wise. I wore a nice tank top and super cute jacket and 3 1/2 inch heels :D -- I looked even thinner than I actually am (and my bloat was gone!!).

Many moms were really happy for me and asking how I did it, what I eat, saying that' is it "I am going back to the gym and eating right" etc. And then there were the few that are just infuriating :rofl: The ones who were very short with me when I was thin last time, got super nice to me when I got fat, and now that I am getting thin, they are back to being a$$wipes...hehe. Jealousy is a green eyed monster.

I find it sad that many women feel such hostility towards other woman's success. It is not that this has been easy for me (as you all know :rofl: since you hear me b1tch and moan each and everyday;hehe)... For the day, I had brought my own stuff to eat, stuck to my green tea, whilst "the mean moms" were eating pizza, drained 4-5 cans of coke etc. I wish I could eat like that :(

Sorry about the rant. -- Overall it was a very positive experience. I think I made some new recruits for MFP.

alaskanlaughter
03-04-2012, 01:19 PM
i think this site is working from home again...i think it's because DH put more memory in my computer...sadly my new iPhone has more memory than my computer does LOL the site seems to run fine from home at the moment

im still running...been alternating between running 2 miles one day, and the next day running 1 mile plus 25 minutes at a 15% incline on the treadmill at a fast walking pace...i can run one mile without stopping now...when i do the 2 miles i run one mile without stopping, walk fast for a minute, run a half mile, walk fast for a minute, run the other half mile...it's KILLER omg lol but i'm getting better slowllyyyy at the endurance of it...i wish for the day that i can just hop on and run 4 miles no problem lol

my weight has held steady between 195-199 for two months now...which is amazing for me...ive never held at my lowest weight for so long, it's always come right back on as soon as i slack off...and i havent been slacking off

and then i look ahead and think "can i continue to NOT slack off for my Whole Entire Life?" ugghhh lol

Sum38
03-04-2012, 06:32 PM
WooHoo, Alaskan is back!

Krystal: Did you get your hair done? I just added some darkness to mine.... I have it darker underneath and she added some really cool big chunky low lights to the top. -- it looks pretty radical, but I have always been quite adventurous with my hair :D

It is Sunday night and I survived another weekend. I hate TOM. I wish each week were to be calm sailings like this week.

K9Owner
03-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi ladies, quick post from me, as I am getting ready to head back to the hospital for the evening.
I decided to skip my date with Spike this week.
I have eaten so poorly all friggin week due to TOM and his sabotaging. @ the end of the day--IT IS CALS IN vs CALS OUT!

On a better note, this past week marked a pivotal accomplishment in my exercise regime over 20 hours of formal exercise and over 4000 cals burned according to my HRM.

All that and a 5 lb weight gain. Each day I've weighed since Thurs, I've gained 1 lb!!! :fr:
I am now at 146.8
My eating has been better towards the end of the week, much better than at the beginning of last week. UGH!
My breakdown is supposed to be 40:30:30
& this week, it was more like 60:20:20
Mostly processed carbs too.
I made the BIGGEST mistake ever by bringing 2 boxes of Cheerios into my house! Flavored ones to boot! :nono:
I sooooo know better than this!!
I feel like I have a huge watermelon in my abdomen & you can no longer see my little 4 pack :cry:
TOM has not been this brutal in a while!!

Kristiina:: I totally think it's acceptable to do a fast. I have MFP friends who fast 4-5 days a week like that!
Just 1 meal/day and cal intake is like 1500 of mostly protein. They are lifters and spikers.

Jo: I do hope you are feeling better and that your bum is healing. :dust: to you, gf!!

Alaskan: AWESOME job with the :running: I'm glad you checked in!!! So glad to hear you have been staying OP!!

LoveofSelf: STEP AWAY FROM THE RESTAURANT!! :lol:
No bad trends allowed here! Thank Jesus for a Monday, right!!!!

We will ALL do better next week!!
New thread, New Month, New Week, New Perspective!!
:grouphug:

K9Owner
03-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Krystal: Did you get your hair done? I just added some darkness to mine.... I have it darker underneath and she added some really cool big chunky low lights to the top. -- it looks pretty radical, but I have always been quite adventurous with my hair :D

Yes! About 3 months ago, I colored all of it a chocolate/red. It was kind of a brown with a hint of deep red--like crimson. But now, alot of the color has faded. I've been tanning. It looks fabulous! I have some blonde streaks in it, but I am ready to add some more blonde streaks, so that by the time summer is here, I am back to the blonde me!
I like it, it is just a tad to dark for the sassiness! :rofl:

jomatho
03-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Hi Girls, quickly checking in this morning.
I ended up doing a spike yesterday after figuring out my calories for the week and it was fun and delicious and now this morning I am ready to be back on my plan.
Feeling much, much better. The only thing I can't do is sit all the way back in a chair straight. I have to sit on one hip or the other and that is getting really annoying to my back. Can't wait until I can comfortably sit straight in my chair with my laptop on my lap where it belongs. I feel like a contortionist.
My calorie burns have not been too bad, yesterday I burned 2400 with no formal exercise, so if I can get the eating right, I should still be able to lose weight. My body should be rejoicing at all this rest. Sometime this week, I will try getting on the treadmill for an easy walk to see how it feels. Today I have to go for my mammogram and do some errands, so probably not today, don't want to do too much too soon.
Ok, gotta run, be back later to catch up with you guys. . .

Sum38
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Hello,

Another OP day going here....oh so easy without TOM :D

Scale was at 148 lbs; I was at 146.5 before TOM started belly aching nearly 2 weeks ago.

I walked with poles again this morning (Pole dancing comes later ;)), they really add some difficulty. My arms feel like they got a workout. We also did some lunges. I did 96.

Jo, nice to hear your tail is feeling better :hug: I hope it is just bruised!

Krystal, 146 :eek: Gotta kick that TOM outta your house :mad:

So IF it is then for me, starting the 20th of this month. Thanks ladies!

K9Owner
03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Sorry this post is late, ladies, but I haven't been awake very long.
Here's the new thread
Slow Dancing {9} (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/254287-slow-dancing-stranger-9-march-madness.html#post4242163)