South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday, February 13

Good morning. Another week and this one is special - not because of V-Day but because Linda is coming for a "stretched" weekend. I've stocked up on coffee, almond milk and other goodies and will make a quick foraging trip to town for greens later in the week. She keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Had a great weekend in Ottawa visiting family. My grand daughter Taylor was so pleased to show me her report card - all A's and Excellents! So glad I set up an education fund for her when she was born 12 years ago. I never told my son Jim and his DW Wendy about this and they were very delighted.

Met my sister and cousin Cathie at a quilt shop after that and did not buy anything! Back to Joan's condo for dinner and lots of girl talk. Breakfast in a diner next morning and then we drove up into the Gatineau to see my niece Anne and her family which now includes a rescue dog. (The family needs my blessing in dogs, they claim.) Who has more fun than a puppy and two pre-school little girls? All in all a relaxing weekend and I was glad to be wearing my long and warm winter coat.

Gym today and then I'll get some accounting stuff out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of the week. Three more sleeps until Linda arrives.

How does your week look? Any plans for Valentine's Day?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie, and thanks for starting us up.

Yes, indeed, only 3 more sleeps until I head up to the Great White North! I'm looking forward to having my morning coffee with Jazz curled up on my lap and Disney at my feet. I'm bringing along an extra large suitcase, just in case one of them wants to come back with me, too.

It should be a fairly easy week. Just today and tomorrow, and Cindy and the girls leave early Wednesday afternoon for Florida. Maybe they're smarter to be going south, but I'd rather enjoy Ruth's company.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - sounds like a really lovely weekend!

Cottage - make sure you don't lose any sleep getting too excited for your trip!

Hopefully, things start settling down here now that my weekend trips are over. So far, today is a shooort surgery day (YAY!). I need to clean up our bedroom, and maybe try a run. I haven't run in over a month, and the leg is worse....so that means I need to run and burn some calories!!

Had a GREAT class last night at church, dealing with boundaries in marriage. It's quite applicaple to any aspect of life, I wish there was a way to incorporate it at work.

Have a great day!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

We've got snow!

I'm not sure if my mom will want to risk the roads for our workout today; she called last night just to prepare me. I'll hear from her in a couple of hours once she's up and watched the news.

I have my interview this afternoon! (I'll be wearing snow boots.) Funny story: I called an old friend yesterday to ask if she'd be a reference for me and turns out she knows the woman I'm interviewing with! She wanted to call her but I asked her not and to let us meet first. Now if I don't get the job I'll REALLY feel bad!

Going to load up the crock pot soon... I think I'll have "dinner" for lunch today

Have a great Monday!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/135/126

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Well today is day one of Phase 1 for me and guess what? I'm sick!

I have constant nausea, threw up yesterday afternoon and skipped dinner last night. As I slept all evening and night, it wasn't hard to get up at 5.30am and get my yoga practise in, but I was dreading eggs for breakfast. I'm glad I pushed through it and made it as it was actually really yummy, and probably did me some good to eat something. I've already skipped snack one though, and really don't fancy the planned lunch today (chilli) so I may change it to something a bit more bland.

Really hope this is only a 24hr thing as I need all the strength I can get this week!

WaistingTime - Good luck at your interview!

TwynnB - Hope you manage to fit in a run. What happened to your leg?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this morning! I'm glad you had a safe and fun trip!

Linda, I hope your countdown days are uneventful!

Karen, good luck at your interview today!

frankiki, I hope you're feeling better soon! Best wishes as you're starting P1.

Twynn, I hope your routine settles down a bit.

Cyndi, best wishes...I'm thinking you and Julie are heading in for her procedure today.

We traveled last night after I took a look at the weather for early morning. The passes were snowy but the trip was uneventful. DH already has paperwork sitting in front of me for perusing. We skipped McD's at Vail and plowed through although it made for a late (but healthier) dinner at home. Work comes soon so I'd better get my clothes sorted and my smoothie made.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!

Ruth - what a wonderful thing, that you started an education fund for your granddaughter! Glad you had a great weekend.

cottage - anticipating a trip is almost as much fun as the visit itself, isn't it

Twynn - hope you do get a run in, if your leg allows it.

Karen - good luck with the interview!! fingers crossed

frankiki - so very sorry you're sick! sure hope you are all over it today.

Debbie R - - thanks for the explanation about the hot springs, very kewl.

Had a dusting of snow overnight but not even enough to shovel a path. This has not been a typical Vermont winter (usually non-stop snow) though I'll be a heretic and say I'm glad! but the thick ice we're walking on is treacherous.

Last night I had a half-inch piece of French bread with my natural peanut butter on it..thought I was in heaven briefly it was that good. It was my first piece of "empty starch" in 16 days.

Hope everyone has an in-control day
Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good late morning. I had some running around to do this morning so just getting a minute now. We are waiting for a call from the hospital and will be heading up to start DW's treatment sometime today. I will stay until it's done to make sure it goes alright so who knows when I'll get home. I've learned to bring a change of clothes because there were times I would have stayed over if I'd had extra clothes.

Hope your week is off to a good start.

Ruth & Cottage, of course I'm very jealous as usual I know you two are going to have a great time. Don't suppose you're driving through VT Cottage?

Holly - looks like 89 was quite a mess this morning. Hope you didn't have to deal with it.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-13-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #9  
Child Of God

S/C/G: 220/203/195

Height: 5'11

Hi Ladies.... Glad you'll are having a great day so far!! karen, wishing you blessings on your interview!!!!

I have been sick these last 2 days and had to call out of work today. The game plan is to not let my ickiness veer me off my SBD phase 1 plan. Day 6!!! lets do this!! *chest bump*
Old 02-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening! CyndiM, hope your DW's treatment went as planned..and that spending the night was not necessary. I also heard that I-89 was a mess...but thank goodness I don't have to travel that.

Enit, I hope you feel better!

well I fell off the South Beach wagon, with a cookie this afternoon...grrr. I won't let it derail me, just try really hard not to slip up again.
Closed Thread