100 lb. Club - Top Motivators For Your Weight Loss
02-12-2012, 09:39 AM
What are your top motivators for your weight loss?
I have many but I think my #1 motivator for losing weight is that I DESERVE BETTER FOR MYSELF! I need to be the best I can be so I can be the best for the other people in my life.
My son deserves a Mommy who can run around the yard with him for more the a few minutes without having to rest. My husband deserves a wife who isn't morbidly obese (even though he would love me and tell me I am the most beautiful think in the world no matter if I weighed 100lbs or 500lbs:hug:) Also I'm a Registered Nurse, how can I set a good example for my patients if I can't set a good example for myself!!!
My #2 reason is a little more shallow, I just want to be able to go buy some slinky lingerie from Victoria Secrets... LOL
02-12-2012, 09:57 AM
My daughter. As you said, she deserves someone who can keep up with her! And children become what they see, they learn by what you do and how you live, not just what you say. She has a movement disorder that keeps her from running and she has to use a walker for long distances (like from the car to a store, in the halls at school). Good nutrition and eating habits are super important for her to have, too. And right now, she does. But eventually...my bad habits are going to filter down to her and I would hate myself for it.
My health. I'm 39! I am not supposed to be this creaky when I wake up in the morning! I have high BP! I'm too young for all this!
I want to like the way I look.
I don't want to be embarrassed when I run into old friends.
I want to have more than two places I can shop for clothes and I want to shop in REGULAR STORES!!!
02-12-2012, 10:12 AM
My number one reason is because I need to be in shape to keep up when I go to college for law enforcement or corrections next year.
Another reason is because I was a big girl when my boyfriend and I started dating. His former best friends use to tease him about it, and the fact that he looked past my weight makes me want to be the best person I can be.
My boyfriend happens to have a son who's 1 1/2 now (we started dating when he was 3 months old), and I want to have more energy to play with him! He's an awesome little boy and I'm lucky to know him.
02-12-2012, 11:08 AM
My short term motivator is to get in shape and lose a few pounds for a school trip to Belize in less than a month. I want to be able to keep up with everyone when we hike into the forest to do research.
My long term motivator is to finally get rid of the weight so I can do all of the activities I want to. At some point, I got too heavy and too out of shape to hike on hilly terrain without having to stop a million times. I want to be able to go on multi-day hiking trips without dying. I want to be able to kayak without being afraid of sinking it. I want to be able to ride a roller coaster. Things like that.
02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
1) I feel like I'm wasting my youth being overweight and I don't want to regret it later.
2) I want to wear nice things and actually look good.
3) I'd like to age somewhat gracefully instead of ending my life as a very large, wrinkled blob…
4) I miss the attention I used to get from the opposite sex, as shallow as that may sound. I don't dress showy but when I was thinner guys seemed to notice me more and it was always a confidence booster.
02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
My nieces and nephew. I want to be able to run and play with them more than I can right now.
I want to feel good about myself, and be proud of myself.
And I want to wear the clothes at Gilly Hicks. :p
02-12-2012, 10:13 PM
#1 - I want to have a long healthy life so I can travel and experience the world
#2- I don't want my weight to keep me from doing things- horseback riding, sky diving, helicopter rides, rollercoasters, ect
02-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I want to be healthy, to have more energy, be a motivation for my patients (im a nurse and future nurse-midwife), etc....
and i want to look good naked, wear cute clothes, and be hot
02-13-2012, 08:55 AM
I want to live a long, healthy life. I don't want to hurt and be uncomfortable when I move. I want to be active.
Vanity reasons...I want to wear the clothes I like, not the ones that fit.
02-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I've got many reasons, but they change "priority" from day to day. Some days it's for health. Some days it's emotional. Some days it's 100% shallow. And I'm cool with all of it. Whatever gets me to my goals! ;)
Here are some of my top reasons (no ranking in particular, just listed):
- I want to both look & feel fit.
- I want a long, and healthy life.
- I want to be able to do normal things (take stairs, go for long walks, bend, stretch, and move) without even thinking about it. I don't want normal things to cause me discomfort. (Like huffing and puffing on stairs still does.)
- I want life to be about more than what there is to eat.
- I want to buy clothes at more stores.
- I want to "lose sight" of my size when I'm in public, and walk through spaces without wondering if I have to turn sideways or squeeze through.
- More clothes will look smashing on me.
- I won't even have to consider whether or not I'll fit in an airplane seat, or a train seat, if a seat belt will fit me, etc.
- I'll be able to buy clothes based upon whether or not I actually like them, and not just grab something "because it fits".
Again, no particular order. Those are things that keep me going from day to day. :)
02-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I want to spend more time outside hiking and playing with my hubby.