Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 2/12/12

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-19-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #2  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Diana!!!

I saw splurges and upped calories on a few of you and just want to say hang in there. Diana, no doubt yours is from extended TOM, that can do crazy things to a girl. Can't remember who the splurger was (sorry), but recovery afterwards is the key - don't feel guilty, just enjoy and move forward.

As for me - I finally got on the scale (new scale) to see the damage between not being able to work out hardly at all in the past two weeks, and being sick lately (which has me reaching for bad, bad things).... and it said 191.6. So not good BUT... then I did measurements: Since Jan 1st I lost an inch off waist, an inch on hips, quarter inch off each upper arm, and a half inch off each thigh! I will take it! No idea how it happened, but recorded it and go from here - stoked that my body was still solidifying while I was reaching for bad stuff
Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

Last night I was feeling all bingy while making chocolate chip cookies for company today....

BUT!

I distracted myself by reading on my Kindle, and when I just couldn't stand it any longer, I microwaved some frozen veggies and topped them with tomato sauce, and voila! I was able to go to sleep feeling all comfy, with no more cravings.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 445/380/180

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say hola it's been a few weeks. Good here, hope the same your way! I've started incorporating more veggies and fruits at each meal, so I'm glad I've kept with that goal. Y'all have a great week!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #5  
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

The past few weeks have been rewarding! 6 lbs down

SW:196
CW:175.5
GW:150
Old 02-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

I had another splurg day. I picked up my daughter at my mom's and who can turn down mom's cooking? It gives me something to work off this week. LOL! My mom also gave us our Valentines. She told me not to be offended or take it the wrong way when I opened mine. She gave me resistance bands which I think is a great gift!! I think it will help with my RA and give me a little more variety for working out. I'm ready to get back to it after my week off while sick.

Last edited by erinrenae80; 02-12-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! DH surprised me today with a beautiful bouquet of roses for Valentine's Day. I got him some candy. I'm sure he will enjoy that. He didn't get me candy because of my allergy. I found a place where I can order me some chocolate truffles and candy like you would get for Valentine's Day. I only found it this week, so I didn't order any. I might order some next week. I do have my dark chocolate that I will have now and then, so I'm good for now.

Itsmyturn Congrats on those inches! Will you be back to your regular work schedule this week?

JoJoP Great job on avoiding those cookies!

Kede Hi It's good to see you. Glad you are still doing well with your plan. Keep up the great work!

Msthickmiddle Congrats on the 6 pounds.

Erinrenae Love the fitness items for Valentine's Day! Your Mom did well.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #8  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1365 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, English Muffin, Pumpkin Butter 400 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Sirloin Steak 400 Calories
2 Orders steamed Broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme Total Body w/10's
Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 320/315/220

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone. My name's Shannen and I have a tendency to focus on the negative instead of the positive. I've never hated myself for how I look so I never thought I had to do anything about it. People come in all shapes and sizes, this is only natural. Until recently, I've realized that I'm not only shaped differently, I'm unhealthy and I want to do something about it. I know I can do it if I put my mind to it. I've already accomplished so much already. I fell off the track a bit, but I have already planned out my diet for tomorrow and have downloaded the wonderful Lose It! app to calculate my exercises! I don't plan on calorie counting, I know what's good for you and what's bad. I just like the exercising options they have and recording them with the app will give me the motivation to keep doing them and will hold me accountable if I skip a day! I'll do 3 different exercises a day for as long as I can stand it. I know I have to start out slow because i've been inactive for a while, but as long as i'm consistent I know i'll do just fine! I plan on weighing myself tomorrow morning when I wake up, writing it down and weighing myself again next monday. I'm going to keep a log, so I can track my progress and hold myself accountable if I start slacking!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

itsjustmagic Hi and Welcome to the Check-in! Consistency is the key! Good luck with your weight loss goals! You can do it!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 380.0 ( +3lbs this past week )

Brunch
Mocha ( 1 scoop Big Train Mocha and 2c.coffee) 198
Carrot cake Pancakes 500
Sub Total 598

Dinner
Curry Chicken ( Chicken Tenders, Onion, Dried peppers, Healthy Colors Market Blend -sauce cubes, Corn Starch, Half and half, Curry and other spices) 350
Polenta ( Corn Grits, small bit of butter ) 150
Sub Total 500

Daily Total 1198

Water 60

Exercise: Uhm does running up and down the stairs looking for my cell phone count… I felt like the woman who had glasses on her head and was looking all over for them… yeah had my cell in my pocket the whole time DOLP! It has just been one of those days.

Last edited by qtkitty; 02-12-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

itsjustmagic~ Welcome ... hope to see you around ... What works for you is what counts
Old 02-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

Hi everyone!
Can i join in? I was lurking a bit on last weeks thread and think i could really use the support and accountability in here!

I had a baby boy on the 8th of december, so he is 9 weeks old now. I also have another little boy who is 4 and a half. I find it tough to keep on track and keep going with the baby. I find i am so busy all day and then realise that its like 4pm and i havent had lunch yet and i end up eating anything at all and my plan goes out the window. I am working really hard on not doing that, just taking one day at a time! Lunch time is my biggest struggle, i find my evening meal easy to stick to cos my husband is home to take over. So my biggest goal this week is to stick to my planned healthy lunches and have it at lunch time! :-)

I'm doing slimming world, which means that i eat from a list of healthy foods, uncounted until i am satisfied. things like lean protein, healthy grains are on the list. the rule is that 1/3 of your plate has to be made up of "superfree" foods, which is most fruit and vegetables. for everything thats not on the list, eg butter, mayo, cookies etc are "syns" and you have 15 of them a day.
Its working really well for me so far, i dont feel hungry and i find it easy to plan my meals.
Sorry that was so long!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and your plans!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #14  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Another Monday morning. Tomorrow is Valentine's day and I've asked for something for the first time ever. I know I'm not supposed to ask for a gift, but I put a little swing on it and said it could be my bday and mother's day gift too. Both of those land on the same day this year. I want chocolate this year...chocolate diamond I have even taken off my rings and told DH my finger is lonely Not sure what, if anything, I'll get. I'm allergic to flowers, I don't like cards and I can't eat sweets, so what else is there but jewelry?

Bonnie Babies keep us busy. You'd think you'd lose a lot of weight while taking care of young ones, but some of us don't. I used to eat all the left overs when my kids were young. Anyway, I hope your plan works for you. It sounds like a good one. Keep us updated.

qtkitty How many times did you go up and down? My entire family does that until they get tired then they come to me. I don't even get up. "It's down stairs on the couch, under the blue towel that no one put away...you'll see it next to the paper clip. that drives my DH crazy when I do that. I have short term memory loss and most days I can't remember to take the keys out of my car or which side is the blinker on, but ask where something weird is and I remember on the spot, especially when other weird things are close by or it's not even remotely close to where it's supposed to be. It drives him bananas. Side note: I left my car on for over 45 min. one day in a K-mart parking lot. Came back, music blasting, doors unlocked and still where I left it. That was day I had to start hooking my keys to my purse on a long lead so that when I grab my purse it pulls the keys for a reminder. Lately I've been washing my windows every time I take a right. DS said it's time for a count down list to remind me what I'm supposed to do before even backing up. Oh my goodness, and all the times I try getting out of the car without taking off my seat belt. My family has so much laughter in their lives just with my every day goofiness.

itsjustmagic jump right in, glad to have you.

erinrenae I think the bands were a great idea for a gift. When you prefaced what your mom said before the gift, I thought it was going to be candy. I like none food gifts, they last longer and that one will help you...yay, your mom!

MsThick Awesome job on the 6lbs loss. Keep up the great work.

ItsMyTurn So glad to see you! How's the cold, all gone. How did your DH fare? Hope you got to date night. If so, was it fun? Yay, on the inches lost, that's fantastic. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Kede Hi it's good to see you. Awesome on staying on plan. Keep up the great work.

Jojo great distractions. Smart thinking. Reading is wonderful, it's a no calories pleasure that feeds your mind...yay!

Diana good morning. How nice of your DH to give you roses. I hope you have a great day and a wonderful week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #15  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!!!

Diana - I am sort of back on schedule. I still have some one on one to do, but this week I have GOT to get caught up. The loaner laptops were out, so didn't get a chance to work over the weekend to come back with my stuff caught up like we had hoped would happen.

Mamakat - thank you so much. We went out for the date night, but ended up leaving and coming home when my head was pounding That wasn't the plan. So DH and I decided this coming Friday, we will go out for lunch and hit a matinee. We only lasted about an hour on our official date, so that wasn't going to work. Being as I am not the bashful type though, we did end up meeting another couple at the gathering, which is cool. We have been here over a year and haven't really made an effort to know anyone else that lives here in our community, The cold is still holding on, but just with fever and stuffy nose for the most part now - not having to live off Benadryl and DayQuil now - I will take that as a bonus!

qtkitty - I laughed so hard when I read about the looking for cell phone! I would say that totally counts as a workout!!!! I have done that looking for my sunglasses and they were on my head (like a headband) that whole time

itsjustmagic - Welcome

Bonnie - Welcome to you too
Closed Thread