30-Somethings - Awkwardness in 3..2..

View Full Version : Awkwardness in 3..2..

WhisperHeart
02-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Ok so I don't even know if this is the place to put it, I lurk in the background reading threads and what not, but I don't ever actually talk, almost never. I don't know really how to use message boards and the like, I barely get by on my blogs. But I would like to start just, not sure where or how to start I guess.

Ok I am just so weird I'm going to shut up now :o

begoodjen
02-11-2012, 01:27 PM
:) The beauty of the internet...no need to feel awkward! When I joined last month one newbie took it upon herself to start a thread for us newbies called January Jewels. You are welcome to join us or even start a new thread and go into the introductions and invite some other newbies to join you! You can also just hop into any convos you feel like offering your 2 cents into, for example, here, in the calorie counting/Atkins/WW whatever you are doing, go into Chicks up for a Challenge and join a monthly challenge, or anywhere else that jumps out at you!

It is not weird to be uncomfortable at first. Read, post, poke around, have fun!

Jen

adaem
02-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Don't feel awkward! We have all been new at one time. This a great site and everyone is so helpful and very nice. You have absolutely nothing to feel awkward about. Good luck and enjoy the new friendships you will make.

BusyB
02-11-2012, 11:47 PM
It can be weird at first, but the thing I like most about this forum is people don't judge you. Everyone seems supportive and encouraging. You're not weird, its a natural feeling to have.

Share your goals and story, we'd love to get to know you more...

irishsarah
02-12-2012, 05:42 PM
:hug:

I've been new MANY times as you may be able to guess by my join date. I pop in and out as my resolve goes in and out. Normally I've been at the 100+ group, but I decided to pop in over here this time to check it out. I figured the big influx from New Year's would be over by now, so this would be a good time to stop back in.

Welcome and don't be shy. I've never been made to feel unwelcomed here before and I am hoping for the same thing this time around too!

Aunrio
02-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi Whisperheart! How goes it? A little awkward is ok, it probably means you think about your words.

WhisperHeart
02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Ok, I promise I was not ignoring you guys, not on purpose anyway. I thank you all for your words and it makes me feel better. I have been laid out in bed for the last week so I haven't bothered to come and respond. Thank you for making me feel welcome as awkward as I may be I hope to 'see' you around the forums I will try to make an effort to poke around now and again :D

Aunrio
02-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Hope you are feeling better.