South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - February 11 & 12

Good morning. We are "iced" this morning but just with fluffy snow. That's a good thing as I am off to Ottawa shortly. I'm really looking forward to seeing my grand daughter and the rest of the family too, of course. It's silly to not see them very often as they are just an hour and a half or so away. People's lives are too busy these days - including mine.

The Doggage are due at the kennel by 7:30 and I will stop in Smiths Falls on my way through to get some flowers for my DIL and my sister. Then brunch with the "kids", a visit and I'll be off to meet my sister and cousin Cathie at the new Ikea in west end Ottawa. (I hear it's really big and may need my GPS.) By tomorrow morning's breakfast I'll have a sore throat from talking and a tummy ache from laughing.

I hope your weekend is as much fun as mine will be.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Wow, Ruth! I don't think I can beat your weekend for fun! Have a grand time! My guess is that the Ikea buildings can be seen from space....we have one in Denver now, but I must admit I've never been there yet. Hugs and kisses to the pups!

I'm trying for a repeat of yesterday...I'm sitting down with the books for several hours. Pool call at 9. I have some baking to do for tomorrow's fund raiser at church. I may still be up early enough for that to happen before I hit the pool.

Have a great and beachy day everyone!

PS Holly, glad to hear you are feeling so great! For me, at my age, this is the "final diet". I have more energy these days than my DH's 26 year old DD.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Enjoy your weekend, Ruth, it sounds like fun! Are you going to any Winterlude events this evening?

Debbie, I hope you get those books finished today and can get on with your weekend.

We have a gentle snow this morning, too, and it looks like it's still drifting down. I want to go scouring a few more stores today. I'm looking for a pair of brown gloves and a pair of winter pajamas, and I'm not having any luck at all. The stores have cleared out all their winter stock already, and it makes me so mad. It's February, for heaven's sake!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Ruth certainly has dibs on the fun and active weekend! have a great time in Ottowa.

Debbie, I'm so intrigued by your outdoor hot springs pool. Was it 'already there' and you built around it, or did you excavate to uncover it? And the books you mentioned, do you work from home? again if I'm too nosy, just ignore me

Just another day of work for me (deli worker/cashier in a convenience store in a tourist town) It is always 'interesting' if nothing else, lol!

I'm going to make the egg substitute/refried bean deal for my breakfast/lunch again today.

have a great beach-y day
Old 02-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' chicks!

It has been a long emotionally draining week. I got back home yesterday at lunch time from being at the parent's, then to work for a while. Today is back to work, then we're having game night with the church tonight at our home (HA! Hubby has to clean!). I think I'll schedule an emotional breakdown tomorrow afternoon at 2 pm?!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #6  

Good Morning Chickies.

Even though we have snow on the ground and it is 2 degrees (10 below with wind chill) today is a going to be a great day. After all it is Saturday!

My yarn project is under control and can move on now.

My spa treatment yesterday went very good, I have to admit I was anxious going there, but it was a very good experience and I will continue. If you read up on it, it all makes sense. And the tech told me that doctors use to do this all the time in their offices way back when. A new me in side and out with this and SB. Life is good.

Holly oh, I use to work in a deli and yes always enjoyed the different types of people that would come in, and the habits they had in what they would buy. But I also learned some of the tricks that the deli used with their foods to keep them in the cases longer (I never shopped there, and even today I think of those things when I go to a deli.) I think it is super that you feel so good with SB, isn't it great. And I agree the hunger pains now are different, probably more like real hunger.

Ruth you have a great weekend, sounds like you will.

Debbie sounds like the books are a never ending job, but keep at it. And squeeze some 'you' time in.

Twynn, thinking of you, take it easy.

Everyone else have a great day

Last edited by chickadeee55; 02-11-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It looks like most of the snow will miss us again, which is just fine as far as I'm concerned. We head back to hospital land Monday and I like snowless commutes back and forth.

Ruth - Wow, sounds like a lovely weekend.

Debbie - I hear you about the energy. I feel so much better now than I did even 20 years ago. Good luck cooking the books

Cottage - I was trying to remember where I saw winter pjs around here, I think it was Ocean State. Don't know if you have those there? Happy hunting

Holly - Good luck with the flatlanders. They better be extra nice to you

Twynn - been thinking about you all week. I'm glad you made it home, nothing like a weekend with the kiddos to bring you back to center. I never find time for that breakdown, but one of these days. Just had a lovely thought - a campground, a couple of bottles of wine, and no cell service, my kind of breakdown.

Chickadee - It's a good day for a cup of tea and a knitting project or good book. I am such a wimp, I hate cold.

Nothing new around here, more chores, maybe an errand or two, and just moving along. Once again I'm going to try for a nap. Eventually it has to take! I've been getting by on 6-6.5 hours sleep for months and I am definitely an 8 hour person so I know I need it. If nothing else I'll get some reading done.

Happy weekend!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I had an exciting day yesterday! To make a very long story short: I applied for a job online and I have an interview on Monday! I'm nervous and excited. But the irony is that one of my many excuses for not going back to work is that when it snows I don't want to have to go out in it... so, of course, our first snow of the season is expected to be several inches on interview day. Sigh.

Nothing much going on this weekend here. (See why I need a job?!)

Have a great one.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning, Beach Chicks!

Wow, we got more snow overnight, and once again it's just on the grassy areas. That's the kind of snow I like. The grandkids aren't awake yet, but I know they'll be eager to get out and play in it right after breakfast. Grandpop is making pancakes for breakfast, and I'm having a whole wheat one.

I have absolutely nothing planned to do today except for the laundry, and I'm cooking a big turkey dinner with all the trimmings so Jake will have plenty of leftovers for the week since I'll be away. Only 4 more sleeps!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - NEED MORE SNOW!! LOL...we got the dusting too, and it's barely snowing right now. I need to go sledding!

Sitting here staring at the grocery flyer...making a list, checkin' it twice. Now that my few emotional weeks are over, maybe I can clean up my eating better. Doesn't help that mom LOVES bread, and since she's barely eating, there was crusty white bread everywhere...oh no!!

We're off to church this morning, then a quiet afternoon. Knowing my husband, he'll want a road trip, esp. since I left him alone with kids for four days. Hmmm, maybe he'll want to go off by himself?!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got up and baked one more item for today's sale; a 3 berry cheesecake pie. I'm encouraging DH not to buy any of them. I was thinking pool before church but am not sure if that will happen. We blast off early tomorrow morning...I'm watching the weather since I need to be to work.

Holly, my DH and I came down from Alaska in 2003 to be nearer to my mom. We have a family business; an old mining company which now houses 10 rentals on the property. I help mom (sort of ) but mostly keep track of the accounting for now. It is near Denver. Where I am today is 120 m. west, in Glenwood Spgs. It's a great spot. We lived here when I was growing up. Here is some info about the pool-it's been here since the late 1800's. http://www.hotspringspool.com/x.php?p=History

Gotta get ready.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #12  

Happy Sunday, and boy is it sunny here today, high of 28. Very nice out, just got back from taking the little dog for a walk.

I got up early went grocery shopping, it amazes me how I can't seem to spend less than 100.00, food is just too expensive, will most definitely plan a bigger veggie garden this year, number one crop Kale and more greens.

Made a batch of Liver Cookies for the dogs, my DH is complaining because of the smell of baking liver. I told him it is not that bad, and the dogs are enjoying it. LOL Rest of the day is mine........

Pretty quiet on here today, I hope everyone is out enjoying the day.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #13  
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Happy weekend all -even though it's almost over.

Had a very physical weekend - -did some skiing - big wake up call to get back in shape! I'm not twenty any more, and I've been way too sedentary. Time to get moving before time gets the better of me!

Did well with food, though. Stuck to high protein, lots of veggies and some fruit (now on Phase 2). Gave in to a couple of cookies on the second day, but I burned so many calories trying to stay upright, that I doubt they mattered.

On to a new week!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm back from my super weekend in Ottawa. It was great to see everyone in one weekend. We even drove up into the Gatineau Hills to see my niece and her two kids (and new puppy) in their incredible new house. It's amazing what you can do with good taste and lots of money. (It's also amazing what you can do with poor taste and lots of money!) I was supposed to do a TheraPaws dog evaluation this afternoon but the nursing home is still closed so I was able to stay and relax longer.

Now it's time to get my very short week organized. Linda comes on Thursday and I want to have my desk clear of accounting crud so I can just enjoy her visit.

Food was good over the weekend. I'm hoping I don't have to change my ticker after I weight tomorrow morning! Change it "up", I mean.

Still a few hours left to enjoy the weekend though!
Closed Thread