Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 100% Vol. 2

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Home of the 100% Vol. 2

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Hey everyone, I am thrilled that I am having to open up another Vol. for this. It is good to know that we have so many dedicated to themselves and the program. Everyone of us have COMMITTED to ourselves to STICK to the PROGRAM 100%......Congrats to each and everyone of YOU!!!!

DanafromAustin
02-11-2012, 02:14 AM
Thanks Lisa.

It's just so nice to be surrounded by others who are as committed as I am. After 20 weeks of not eating one thing that isn't on plan, well lets just say this is so second nature now for me.

My mom wonders how I'm going to handle all of that food on our upcoming cruise. What she doesn't get is that for the last almost five months I have been continually surrounded by food I can't eat and I watch others eat it all of the time. I have off limit food right here in my own kitchen as my son and husband aren't on IP. Just tonight my husband brought home some chocolate covered peanuts and raisins for my son and himself to share while watching a movie. Neither of them need to diet, so why should they be denied. Of course it might be much more challenging if I was newer to IP, but like I told her, "getting thinner is way more fun then some food item that will still be there when I get to goal."

NavyMommy
02-11-2012, 08:45 AM
"getting thinner is way more fun then some food item that will still be there when I get to goal."

That's a great way to look at it!! When hubby and I went to Red Lobster last night I could tell hubby wasn't sure if he was okay eating the biscuits and the brownie that came with his meal, but honestly I had no problem turning them down. Had you told me pre-IP that I would be able to go there and NOT eat the biscuits (which are my favorite) or the brownie, and get a salad with no dressing because I forgot to bring my own I would have said you had lost your marbles. But last night it didn't even feel like a sacrifice because I know what I'm working towards and I'm going to get there!

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-11-2012, 09:45 AM
I agree that being 100% feels good. It makes you feel like YOU are in control. The progress that one makes on this plan IF you follow it is amazing. Thank all of you for the support!

Tripmama
02-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Well said. That is the way I feel too. Today is a bake sell for our baseball program, so yesterday I came home to a kitchen full of cupcakes and frosting...but, I chose weight loss/health instead of cupcakes...and went to yoga!

Busymomx4
02-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Wow, can't believe we already made to 500+ post...so happy to his our "home" :)

So lets make room for the newest member of the 100lbs lost club :) I barely made it but still did :)

Going to check out the tattoo place today, so excited! Not sure if i'll get it today cause it depends on how much it is but if not today in the next couple of weeks!

went shopping at my friend's house last night, she's lost 20lbs so her clothes are too big so i got them all. There's some size 15 shorts that fit but are a bit loose at the waist so probably too big by the summer but they have a belt. Got 2 new pairs of pants, 2 capris, 1 skirt (all size 13), a few shirts, super happy :)

Have a great week-end everyone!

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 10:40 AM

So lets make room for the newest member of the 100lbs lost club :) I barely made it but still did :)

Going to check out the tattoo place today, so excited! Not sure if i'll get it today cause it depends on how much it is but if not today in the next couple of weeks!

went shopping at my friend's house last night, she's lost 20lbs so her clothes are too big so i got them all. There's some size 15 shorts that fit but are a bit loose at the waist so probably too big by the summer but they have a belt. Got 2 new pairs of pants, 2 capris, 1 skirt (all size 13), a few shirts, super happy :)

:high::high::high::high::high::high:
WOOHOO!!!!!!!.....YOU DID IT!!!!....Congrats on making it to the 100lb club!!!....strange to think about it isn't it? Just a few months ago you were carrying 100LBS and never thought you could lose it.....So in the last nine months 4 or 5 of us....myself, JellyMae, Ishbel, Busymom and rollercoaster if there is someone else I am missing I am sorry...these names come to mind....but congrats to EVERYONE!!!.....It can be done!!!!!!

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-11-2012, 10:58 AM

Absolutely wonderful!! You should certainly be proud of your accomplishment. Let us know how the tattoo goes! I hope to be a member of your exclusive 100lbs lost club!:hug:

MaMaZu
02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Had to post here too, so true.

http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/73113193920437387_IxRIv1sf_f.jpg

SpittenImage
02-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I've been a huge fan of the site since I started IP and I finally joined. :) And I'm glad to be 100% IP because it totally pays off in the end, yayness!! ;)

mompattie
02-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks Lisa.

It's just so nice to be surrounded by others who are as committed as I am. After 20 weeks of not eating one thing that isn't on plan, well lets just say this is so second nature now for me.

My mom wonders how I'm going to handle all of that food on our upcoming cruise. What she doesn't get is that for the last almost five months I have been continually surrounded by food I can't eat and I watch others eat it all of the time. I have off limit food right here in my own kitchen as my son and husband aren't on IP. Just tonight my husband brought home some chocolate covered peanuts and raisins for my son and himself to share while watching a movie. Neither of them need to diet, so why should they be denied. Of course it might be much more challenging if I was newer to IP, but like I told her, "getting thinner is way more fun then some food item that will still be there when I get to goal."

Right on!!! I'm very much in the same boat - my 2 boys and DH aren't on a diet nor do they need to be....they have the occasional treat, and I still make cookies for them! That was a HUGE NSV for me, when I realized that I can still enjoy baking and watch them enjoy the baking, but I didn't have to have any!! So liberating! I'm around lots of tempting food also - work, home, movies, LIFE in general - but I have my eye on the prize and want THAT more than I want the food. Lisa made a good point, the food will be there when we're done and we'll be able to control it!! Way to go keeping OP!! Your cruise sounds wonderful!!!

DanafromAustin
02-11-2012, 01:51 PM
That's a great way to look at it!! When hubby and I went to Red Lobster last night I could tell hubby wasn't sure if he was okay eating the biscuits and the brownie that came with his meal, but honestly I had no problem turning them down. Had you told me pre-IP that I would be able to go there and NOT eat the biscuits (which are my favorite) or the brownie, and get a salad with no dressing because I forgot to bring my own I would have said you had lost your marbles. But last night it didn't even feel like a sacrifice because I know what I'm working towards and I'm going to get there!
I wanted to go to Red Lobster last night after you mentioned it here yesterday, but my daughter refused because of the biscuts. I was just going to tell them not to bring them. We ended up instead at a steak place which was very tasty too.

Right on!!! I'm very much in the same boat - my 2 boys and DH aren't on a diet nor do they need to be....they have the occasional treat, and I still make cookies for them! That was a HUGE NSV for me, when I realized that I can still enjoy baking and watch them enjoy the baking, but I didn't have to have any!! So liberating! I'm around lots of tempting food also - work, home, movies, LIFE in general - but I have my eye on the prize and want THAT more than I want the food. Lisa made a good point, the food will be there when we're done and we'll be able to control it!! Way to go keeping OP!! Your cruise sounds wonderful!!!
"Eye on the prize", I like it!

Lorilou
02-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here because I haven't been feeling well and didn't want to bring my negativity to the group. I am having some side effects that I'm not sure is from the diet or if I'm sick so I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any of the side effects I may be having. I am extremely dizzy, almost faint, headaches, nausea and extremely hungry. I feel like I could pass out while I am sitting down. I have not cheated in my 6 weeks on the program but have been feeling like this for about 10 days. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way. Thanks!

Samba
02-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Lorilou--so sorry that you have not been feeling well. I can not speak to the symptoms but hope you feel better soon.

I am on day 11 of and have stayed OP. I feel better than I have in years. It is actually quite remarkable. Was it really all those carby carbs that made me feel so bad and sluggish?? I am rediscovering foods I forgot that I enjoyed. My cooking of vegetables is improving. I spent the day training the dogs and feel so good when I normally would have been in bed by now.

tenniels
02-11-2012, 07:29 PM
:high::high::high::high::high::high:
WOOHOO!!!!!!!.....YOU DID IT!!!!....Congrats on making it to the 100lb club!!!....strange to think about it isn't it? Just a few months ago you were carrying 100LBS and never thought you could lose it.....So in the last nine months 4 or 5 of us....myself, JellyMae, Ishbel, Busymom and rollercoaster if there is someone else I am missing I am sorry...these names come to mind....but congrats to EVERYONE!!!.....It can be done!!!!!!

So very proud of all you ladies reaching that huge milestone of 100. So very inspiring, way to go :cb:

Busymomx4
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Check out my new avatar :)

So glad i was able to get my tattoo today and i LOVE IT!

The girl that did it was super nice and super impressed with my story, i couldn't stop smiling :)

patns
02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here because I haven't been feeling well and didn't want to bring my negativity to the group. I am having some side effects that I'm not sure is from the diet or if I'm sick so I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any of the side effects I may be having. I am extremely dizzy, almost faint, headaches, nausea and extremely hungry. I feel like I could pass out while I am sitting down. I have not cheated in my 6 weeks on the program but have been feeling like this for about 10 days. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way. Thanks!

first thing I would do is check my blood pressure. My blood pressure is on the low side anyway and with the water I am now trying to drink i really need to watch it. I just became very dizzy a few minutes ago when i stood up so will check my blood pressure now. If it is low I will add sea salt to a glass of water.
I hope you do get to the bottom of this and feel better soon.

But I don't have the nausea with it so not sure if it is lower blood pressure in your case.

patns
02-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Wow Busymom, what an accomplishment! You must feel 1,000 times more healthy. Good for you!
Truthfully I am not a fan of tattoos but do like that one. Is that an actual picture of yours?

Pat

Busymomx4
02-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Wow Busymom, what an accomplishment! You must feel 1,000 times more healthy. Good for you!
truthfully I am not a fan of tattoos but do like that one. Is that an actual picture of yours.

Pat

Yep, you can see where i had written 100 in the wings. Thank you for liking it :)

patns
02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Yep, you can see where i had written 100 in the wings. Thank you for liking it :)

Oh, I see that now. It looks like it is part of the pattern on the wings.It is very well done.

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 08:57 PM

OMG!!!!...I LOVE IT!!!!....awesome....where did you put it?

Busymomx4
02-11-2012, 09:06 PM
OMG!!!!...I LOVE IT!!!!....awesome....where did you put it?

Its on the inside of my wrist so that i can always see it....here's a different picture so you can see better.

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Its on the inside of my wrist so that i can always see it....here's a different picture so you can see better.

WOW...LOVE IT!!!

DanafromAustin
02-11-2012, 11:09 PM

I've been wondering where you were and if you were still on IP. I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling well. The only symptoms that you have that I can relate to is the dizziness. I had that problem when standing up and I was sure I was going to faint a few times. I would suggest having your blood pressure checked. Are you on any medications for bp? I still get it once in awhile, but much better than it was. You may also need to up your protein level. What does your coach say?

DanafromAustin
02-11-2012, 11:12 PM

The girl that did it was super nice and super impressed with my story, i couldn't stop smiling :)

Wow you did it. Not a tattoo person myself, but good for you!!:carrot:

NavyMommy
02-12-2012, 08:50 AM

Have you been to your Doctor? I would probably go talk to them about it. Do they know about your diet? My BP is much lower than it was when I started (and I never had BP problems, always hovered around 120/80, now I'm more like 100/60). I do know that a hallmark symptom of low BP is nausea along with the dizzyness. Especially if you're on BP meds I would talk to your Dr ASAP.

I think it's really cute!! I would never have the nerve to get a tattoo. I love the design and think it would be really cute on a t-shirt or as a car decal too.

mtnsun4
02-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks Lisa.

I completely agree! It is so nice to be around others that are just as committed! Where is your cruise going to? We have an Alaskan Cruise in June and I am really hoping to be a lot lighter. My husband ordered pizza last night for he and my daughter. That was tough but I ate my shrimp. :D

mtnsun4
02-12-2012, 09:01 AM

That is so cool! LOVE IT! I was going to treat myself to my first tattoo once I lost the weight on IP. Love yours!

panda13
02-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I completely agree! It is so nice to be around others that are just as committed! Where is your cruise going to? We have an Alaskan Cruise in June and I am really hoping to be a lot lighter. My husband ordered pizza last night for he and my daughter. That was tough but I ate my shrimp. :D

We went to my husband's uncle's house last night along with my in-laws. Everybody had pizza. It was hard, but I drank my decaf coffee and water, and was very proud of myself afterwards. The uncle's girlfriend said "Oh, I've got hummus & guacamole you can have!" She was shocked when I told her I couldn't have those either. I kept a smile on my face and said "I've got my coffee and I just had dinner at home, so I'm full. Thanks anyways!" I was totally lying, but at least I was able to stick to my guns and not give in to my cravings, which is a lot more than I can say for myself two months ago!

Ishbel
02-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Love the tat busymom!!!! Woot woot!!! So very pritty...just like you! :) I'm so very happy for you!!!

DanafromAustin
02-12-2012, 10:52 AM

We are going to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. I've been to Cozumel before, but I'm really looking forward to Honduras and Belize. I've been on an Alaska cruise twice and honestly it's my favorite place to cruise too. So incredibly beautiful. Pizza is one food I can't be around. Before IP, while I love Pizza, I would never have said that was my favorite food, but since starting IP I have to say I miss pizza most of all.

wuv2bloved
02-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Good Morning everyone! Just had to share this with y'all.....I tried on my wedding dress from 25 years ago and IT FIT!!!....Never in a million years would I have thought I would be able to fit in it again!!!....my nephews were all here and said WOW taunt Lisa, that is beautiful!!....made me tear up for sure.

Today is just sit around the house and do nothing day, we were on the road all day yesterday shopping and looking around. I just wish it was a little warmer to go sit outside though. She lives in the country so the wind is crazy, open fields nothing to block the wind....brrrrrrr

mtnsun4
02-12-2012, 12:22 PM
We are going to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. I've been to Cozumel before, but I'm really looking forward to Honduras and Belize. I've been on an Alaska cruise twice and honestly it's my favorite place to cruise too. So incredibly beautiful. Pizza is one food I can't be around. Before IP, while I love Pizza, I would never have said that was my favorite food, but since starting IP I have to say I miss pizza most of all.

Sounds like a ton of fun! I have always wanted to go to Belize. I am really looking forward to the Alaskan cruise. I have never been and our cruise is for 7 days, no kids. It will be our honeymoon since we never really had one! My husband's parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary for the cruise and are inviting a bunch of his family.

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Help! I need a good pep talk. I'm at work today, tired, and hungry. Maybe just a good laugh would help. Thanks!

And now the guy in the cubicle next to me just brought in his Mickey D's meal--the fries are laughing at me;-(

NavyMommy
02-12-2012, 01:47 PM
We went to my husband's uncle's house last night along with my in-laws. Everybody had pizza. It was hard, but I drank my decaf coffee and water, and was very proud of myself afterwards. The uncle's girlfriend said "Oh, I've got hummus & guacamole you can have!" She was shocked when I told her I couldn't have those either. I kept a smile on my face and said "I've got my coffee and I just had dinner at home, so I'm full. Thanks anyways!" I was totally lying, but at least I was able to stick to my guns and not give in to my cravings, which is a lot more than I can say for myself two months ago!

That's my go to excuse "I've already eaten" or "I'll eat when I get home, it's already cooking". Good for you for sticking to your guns!!

Good Morning everyone! Just had to share this with y'all.....I tried on my wedding dress from 25 years ago and IT FIT!!!....Never in a million years would I have thought I would be able to fit in it again!!!....my nephews were all here and said WOW taunt Lisa, that is beautiful!!....made me tear up for sure.r

That's awesome!! How amazing! I hope you have a restful day today and stay warm!

That sounds like fun! I have never been on an Alaska cruise, but that would be my first pick, maybe for hubby and I's 10th anniversary. I hope you have a great time!! RE Pizza, I'm in the same boat. It was always just 'ok' never something I really craved but strangely enough I have really been missing it!

Help! I need a good pep talk. I'm at work today, tired, and hungry. Maybe just a good laugh would help. Thanks!

And now the guy in the cubicle next to me just brought in his Mickey D's meal--the fries are laughing at me;-(

Do you have any herbal tea at your desk? That's always my go to for when I'm hungry. That or a nice hot cup of coffee. You're stronger than those fries!!

zzsmom
02-12-2012, 09:09 PM

Any chance you are going on NCLs Star?

DanafromAustin
02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Any chance you are going on NCLs Star?
No, we are going on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Sea. Are you going on NCL?

nikkib
02-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I did a full week with restricted bars (pure protein small ones) and found that they made me super hungry and a little backed up (granted I don't eat much salad to begin with) I did however lose the same. I think I am going to limit the pure protein bars to 2-3 times a week tho. I ordered some chocolate puffs and sour cream onion ones from Nashua today and they both have lower carbs ad sugar than the pure protein bars. I think maby the sugar alcohol did it with the cravings and hunger but not sure. I am soooo excited because I got the case of rhubarb I ordered from Pomegranate Market and I found comparable supplements for all but 2 of the IP ones I have been using there for WAY cheaper!
WOW so many are at the -100 mark and many more are getting close. That is awsome!! Good job everyone and we will all be to goal before we know it :)

rissimo
02-13-2012, 01:33 PM
I know that we are not doing points, but someone asked for a laugh and I got one out of this photo.

Pamelama
02-13-2012, 04:53 PM
I think I'm having a delayed reaction to the Prednisone I was on for 10 days. I was amazed how I wasn't having any carb cravings and didn't notice a difference in my hunger levels. Well, I've been off it for 2 days, (feeling good, yay) but I'm having really intense hunger issues.

I'm eating a few ounces more protein....hope it helps. This is really hard :(

Hopefully won't feel this way much longer....

GoodEatsandWine
02-13-2012, 05:31 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new thread! So positive, so inspiring, so 100%!! Thank you WUV.

efrikanprincess
02-13-2012, 08:04 PM
I think I'm having a delayed reaction to the Prednisone I was on for 10 days. I was amazed how I wasn't having any carb cravings and didn't notice a difference in my hunger levels. Well, I've been off it for 2 days, (feeling good, yay) but I'm having really intense hunger issues.

I'm eating a few ounces more protein....hope it helps. This is really hard :(

Hopefully won't feel this way much longer....

You can do it!! Prednisone messes with your body on a DNA level, so it will take some time for your body to re-equilibrate. But a strong head has won many battles against cranky cells - just think first week on IP - you made it!! Stay strong and OP :hug:

SewingMomma
02-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I didn't get to weigh in today. My youngest daughter caught a stomach bug and was too sick for me to risk taking her to the WI with me. I've rescheduled for Wednesday. Things have been so busy around here. I've been staying OP, but my eting schedule has been out of whack! Today is my first normal eating day since last Monday. There's something to be said for spending an entire day at home with a sick child.

wuv2bloved
02-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey everyone, its been a LONG day been up since 5am, been on the road since 7am and just got back to mom's. Thank goodness the rain didn't happen until we were on the way home. The services were beautiful and OMG did they have a spread of food there...geeze....crawfish bread, king cake, fruits, shrimp fettuccine, spinach dip, deviled eggs, jambalaya, roast beef, ham and wine...lots and lots of wine and a LOT more food. I didn't even go to the kitchen, I stayed in the living room. I had a shake at 630am and had my apple cinnamon puffs around 1 on the way to the burial site. So overall it was a good day and yes without a doubt stayed 100% OP!

JoesHotWife
02-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Hi all, I made the decision before I started IP to be 100% till the end. I am really happy to have found this thread.

Congrats to everyone in the 100 lb club. The tat is cool.

Have been able to drop my blood sugar from 414 to 127 in just the first 12 days on IP. I'm very excited.

Question: does everyone eat 3 unrestricted and 1 restricted every day?

DanafromAustin
02-14-2012, 01:36 AM
You are only suppose to have 3 IP packets per day total, and one of those can be a restricted IP food. I have a bar every morning for breakfast and then and IP packet for lunch and a snack right before bedtime.

tenniels
02-14-2012, 02:07 AM

LOVE your tattoo!!!!!! What a great way to commemorate such a huge achievement!!! Congrats to you :cheer3:

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Hi all, I made the decision before I started IP to be 100% till the end. I am really happy to have found this thread.

Congrats to everyone in the 100 lb club. The tat is cool.

Have been able to drop my blood sugar from 414 to 127 in just the first 12 days on IP. I'm very excited.

Question: does everyone eat 3 unrestricted and 1 restricted every day?

I have 4 packets a day. That is the way my coach started me. Some may have less, some may have 5. It all depends on how active you are and apparently your coach.:dizzy:

Ishbel
02-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Hey Hey Everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!! :val3::val1::val2:

....sometimes I think it's a dumb holiday but I gotta admit I still want something from the VIP LOL

I hope you all have a great day!

GoodEatsandWine
02-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Remember, hugs and kisses are calorie free!

DanafromAustin
02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Thought I would post here today as well as the daily thread. Down 3 pounds this week for a total of 63 pounds. On my scale this coming week I should hit onederland, but not sure if I will make it on my coach's scale or not. Either way I'm one happy woman.

Tried the new mashed potatoes today for lunch. Way too good! Just wish there was more of it. ;)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Thought I would post here today as well as the daily thread. Down 3 pounds this week for a total of 63 pounds. On my scale this coming week I should hit onederland, but not sure if I will make it on my coach's scale or not. Either way I'm one happy woman.

Tried the new mashed potatoes today for lunch. Way too good! Just wish there was more of it. ;)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

WootWoot:carrot:Way to go Dana!!
Yes, the mashed potatoes are good! 63 pounds is impressive;)
Happy Valentine's Day!

patns
02-14-2012, 03:19 PM
I have 4 packets a day. That is the way my coach started me. Some may have less, some may have 5. It all depends on how active you are and apparently your coach.:dizzy:

It also depends upon how much you weigh in the first place. My coach told me people over 250 can start with 4 packets. And of course people who are exercising pretty heavily.

Busymomx4
02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
It also depends upon how much you weigh in the first place. My coach told me people over 250 can start with 4 packets. And of course people who are exercising pretty heavily.

I started at way above 250 and my coach never once mentioned having 4+ packs a day but i know someone who was told to have 4+ to start, not because of her weight but just for the first 2 weeks.

SewingMomma
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah Dana!!! Great job!!! Same here w/ the number of packets. We could have 4 the 1st couple of weeks if we needed it but only 3 a week after. That being said. I always have 1 restricted a day.

wuv2bloved
02-14-2012, 05:02 PM
I started at way above 250 and my coach never once mentioned having 4+ packs a day but i know someone who was told to have 4+ to start, not because of her weight but just for the first 2 weeks.

I started at 388lbs NEVER have had more than 3 packets a day!

Ishbel
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
WAY TO GO DANA!!! 63 lbs down!!!

...I was told AFTER I got past the 250 I should have had 4 packets (at the beginning) due to my size, but that it wasn't a big deal that I didn't. I don't think I would have due to the cost anyway.

patns
02-14-2012, 06:42 PM
It only came up with my coach because when I started the person with the appointment ahead of me was a man more than a foot taller and way more than 100 pounds than me.

I questioned how I could lose at 5'1" and 160 pounds on the same amount of food as he was getting. She said he had the option of 4 packets a day if he wanted to. She said people over 250 could take that option.

As it didn't actually apply to me we didn't discuss it further.

NavyMommy
02-14-2012, 06:53 PM
That's interesting. When I got my initial IP paperwork it said you can have up to 5 a day if you really need them for hunger. My coach said the same thing, the point of this diet is not to be miserable. I was only 205 when I started. I never used more than 3 packets but I know that if I needed to I could.

Beanie Mommy
02-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Happy Valentines Day!

Busymom - I love your tattoo! I may have to start thinking about getting one when I get to a certain point (100 lbs or goal). I've always wanted one, bit never could decide one the where and what. I'm totally inspired now!

Hoping to break the 230 mark next week. Won't have an official WI this week because of work... So busy these days. So I am hoping for a big one next Thursday. Wish me luck!

Stay strong and 100%, everyone. Love this excellent uplifting thread!!!

GoodEatsandWine
02-14-2012, 07:44 PM
My husband and I started IP at the first of the year. I wanted to lose 20lbs and he wants to lose over 100lbs. We eat the exact same thing...3 packets, two salads, 4 cups of veggies and 8oz of meat per day. He has never had any of the undesirable symptoms in the beginning or now. I had headaches the first couple days. Everyone is different but he's doing fine with 3 packets. Occaisionally he'll have a restricted but on the most part he likes the IP drinks, soup and puddings. He does have great weight losses each week, average 6-7lbs a week. I average 1.5lbs a week which I'm thrilled about since I didn't have that much to lose anyway, I feel so good on this diet and I really enjoy doing this with my husband!

ANYWAY, the point is, he only has 3 packets but was told he could do 4 if he felt like he needed it but he hasn't had more than 3 from the start.

wuv2bloved
02-15-2012, 09:15 AM
I have to share with y'all what I did today. One of my oldest son's friends just got deployed to Afghan at the beginning of Feb. He and his wife are expecting their first child and he will not be home until the baby is 3 months old. They know they are having a girl and have named her Edan (I forgot the middle name). So I knew she would be kinda bummed out since he is away so I told my son to call her to see if she wanted to go have pizza (her favorite) so she said sure. It was buffet night at Pizza hut so she really enjoyed it. I have 2 huge salads and water that was it!! and I was completely satisfied for 2 reason's 1) I knew it helped her out and put a smile on her face not to be alone 2) she asked if I would be a adopted mom to her since she has no family here. How could I say no right? and 3) I stayed OP even though there was all that pizza and breadsticks and cinnamon sticks and.... and.... and..... LOL.

Then we went to Wally World and guess what I bought myself????....A beach crusier BIKE!!!!..YES, I bought myself a BIKE to go riding. I will post pics later. I can't wait til tomorrow after my WI to go riding .......Happy early Birthday to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SewingMomma
02-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Then we went to Wally World and guess what I bought myself????....A beach crusier BIKE!!!!..YES, I bought myself a BIKE to go riding. I will post pics later. I can't wait til tomorrow after my WI to go riding .......Happy early Birthday to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic!!! Pizza always smells so good to me, but I never eat it. I order it for the kids once a week. I bought a bike at an estate sale a few weeks back. I was surprised that I actually remembered how to ride it. I guess it's true what they say. The weather's been so hit and miss here that I haven't had much of a chance to ride it. On days when I have time, it's raining, and on sunny days, my schedule is CRAZY!

I finally get to weigh in today. My youngest is over her stomach bug and went back to school today. I'll post the results when I get back. I don't think I'll have a huge loss this week. My eating schedule was all screwed up last week. I was 100% OP but went too long between meals and ate at odd times.

Busymomx4
02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
I have to share with y'all what I did today. One of my oldest son's friends just got deployed to Afghan at the beginning of Feb. He and his wife are expecting their first child and he will not be home until the baby is 3 months old. They know they are having a girl and have named her Edan (I forgot the middle name). So I knew she would be kinda bummed out since he is away so I told my son to call her to see if she wanted to go have pizza (her favorite) so she said sure. It was buffet night at Pizza hut so she really enjoyed it. I have 2 huge salads and water that was it!! and I was completely satisfied for 2 reason's 1) I knew it helped her out and put a smile on her face not to be alone 2) she asked if I would be a adopted mom to her since she has no family here. How could I say no right? and 3) I stayed OP even though there was all that pizza and breadsticks and cinnamon sticks and.... and.... and..... LOL.

Awww what a great evening Lisa, you're so sweet! Yay on the bike, i can't wait for the summer to bike and i even want to start jogging a little bit (will help with my overweight dog too). This week-end...i had my step-daughter's bday party and had to go from the pool (indoor) to the party place (same building) and i was late so i started running and guess what, i can run!!! How amazing huh!

wuv2bloved
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Just got back from my 42 WI another pound bites the dust!!!!!....lol

Icathinme
02-15-2012, 11:49 AM

Ha ha, now I have Queen in my head...and another one's gone, and another one's gone, another one bites the dust...

shelly ann
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Queen - sounds like a good theme song for us!

Icathinme
02-15-2012, 12:17 PM

Absolutely! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS...WE'LL KEEP ON FIGHTING TO THE END!

SewingMomma
02-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Finally got to weigh-in...down 4 pounds for a total of 44.2 lost! I making a new mini-goal! My birthday is next month, and I want to be half-way to my goal by then. Totally doable!

mamacitaof2
02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Finally got to weigh-in...down 4 pounds for a total of 44.2 lost! I making a new mini-goal! My birthday is next month, and I want to be half-way to my goal by then. Totally doable!

Congratulations! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

GoodEatsandWine
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM

Woohoo! Congrat's!

slcrews
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Just to let you guys know that you are encouraging. I see post made by you and how far you have come, YEA :carrot::carrot::carrot: I hoping that I can stay OP and get there also. I'm only 1 1/2 week into the IP program, so hoping to stay on track. I feel hungry:(:(

rissimo
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: You can do it!!!!

rissimo
02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Just to let you guys know that you are encouraging. I see post made by you and how far you have come, YEA :carrot::carrot::carrot: I hoping that I can stay OP and get there also. I'm only 1 1/2 week into the IP program, so hoping to stay on track. I feel hungry:(:(

You can do it. If you are at home, eat a couple of egg whites, use some veggies and make an egg white omlet, or boil a couple of eggs and eat the whites. If you are at work, drink some more water, or fix a cup of hot herbal tea.

frazzledmom04
02-15-2012, 01:10 PM

You Just keep doing amazing work! So proud of you!!:hug:

GoodEatsandWine
02-15-2012, 01:15 PM

There are so many ways to stay on track! If you're hungry,
-make some tea,
-have some celery or cucumbers (our coach said these are free to have anytime in any quantity),
-if you're having restricteds break it up during the day...have some midmorning and then some early afternoon,
-have some of your veggies midmorning and/or early afternoon; you don't have to have 2 cups only at lunch or only at dinner,
-have your salt in your water...I use to HATE the salt but it's amazing how it does make you feel better when you need it and now I think of it as a soup...sounds crazy but it works for me anyway :)
-read a book,
-get busy on something to take your mind off hunger,
-go for a 10-15 minute walk

Hope some of those ideas are helpful but there are tons of things to do to keep you on track! You can do it!

DanafromAustin
02-15-2012, 01:21 PM

Wow, another great WI for you. The way you loose you should have no problem making your mini goal next month.

DanafromAustin
02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
When I hit onederland, which hopefully will be next week I told myself I would post my before and current picture. So someone tell me how to do it as I am technically challenged.

TIA...

slcrews
02-15-2012, 01:28 PM
There are so many ways to stay on track! If you're hungry,
-make some tea,
-have some celery or cucumbers (our coach said these are free to have anytime in any quantity),
-if you're having restricteds break it up during the day...have some midmorning and then some early afternoon,
-have some of your veggies midmorning and/or early afternoon; you don't have to have 2 cups only at lunch or only at dinner,
-have your salt in your water...I use to HATE the salt but it's amazing how it does make you feel better when you need it and now I think of it as a soup...sounds crazy but it works for me anyway :)
-read a book,
-get busy on something to take your mind off hunger,
-go for a 10-15 minute walk

Hope some of those ideas are helpful but there are tons of things to do to keep you on track! You can do it!

Thank you, I am at home, working on school work, I will have to try breaking up the veggies. I have restricted like 3 times a week. I wanted to keep them to a limit.

rissimo
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing awesome and looking awesomly hot as well!! You have such a pretty face. Keep up the good work. you are a BIG inspiration to us!

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-15-2012, 02:39 PM

Just make sure you refer to us as thin women who like to listen to Queen! For me Queen refers to size--or at least they used to refer to us as Queen Sized!

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-15-2012, 02:45 PM

Way to go! You can definitely make the half-way mark :cheer:

wuv2bloved
02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!....just got back from riding 3 MILES on my BIKE on the beach....WOOHOO!!!!!...my legs are like what the **** are you doing to us but I feel great!!!!

Pamelama
02-15-2012, 03:34 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

WI today! After a 4 pound loss last week, still lost 1.2 pounds today!! :carrot:

I'm down 32 pounds in 10 weeks! I'm still in disbelief when I get on the scale.

Can't wait to see what the next week brings. :)

Have a good week everyone!

SewingMomma
02-15-2012, 03:57 PM

Great job Wuv!!! Wow, your pictures really tell the whole story! You look fantastic!!!!

The great thing is that if you stick to the program 100 percent, the weight will come off. Some weeks the pounds drop faster than others, and some folks lose slower than others, but the weight does come off. Just hang tough. Hot tea really helped me those first two weeks. I don't get too hungry between meals these days.

Wow, another great WI for you. The way you loose you should have no problem making your mini goal next month.

I hope so. I keep waiting for the weight loss to slow down. I usually have two really big weeks and then one low-loss week. I just can't believe that I've lost almost 45 pounds in less than 3 months. This was my week 11 weigh-in. If you'd told me a year ago that I could do this, I'd wouldn't have believed it. Ideal Protein is just so great if you stick to it and don't cheat. I have a friend who started way before me and hasn't lost nearly as much because she cheats all the time.

I am so grateful that my doctor recommended IP to me. I was killing myself with food. I feel like I have a new lease on life!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

WI today! After a 4 pound loss last week, still lost 1.2 pounds today!! :carrot:

I'm down 32 pounds in 10 weeks! I'm still in disbelief when I get on the scale.

Yippee!!! Great job!

wuv2bloved
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
My cousin who cheats all the time has been at 215 for 10 weeks now...he gains then loses then gains then loses.....he just dont' get it!!...CHeating will NOT get you to your goal. He wants to get to 180....I will get to my goal of 200 lossing 51 more lbs before he loses his 35lbs. IF he wouldn't cheat he could have been at his goal already!!

NavyMommy
02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
My cousin who cheats all the time has been at 215 for 10 weeks now...he gains then loses then gains then loses.....he just dont' get it!!...CHeating will NOT get you to your goal. He wants to get to 180....I will get to my goal of 200 lossing 51 more lbs before he loses his 35lbs. IF he wouldn't cheat he could have been at his goal already!!

It's amazing how some people don't get it! I know phase 1 is restrictive and uncomfortable, but you'll get used to it and get to phase 3 where you get to incorporate a delicious breakfast all that much sooner!

wuv2bloved
02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
It's amazing how some people don't get it! I know phase 1 is restrictive and uncomfortable, but you'll get used to it and get to phase 3 where you get to incorporate a delicious breakfast all that much sooner!

I know, I just shake my head every Wednesday when we weigh in, then throw my hands up....DRIVES me BONKERS!!!.....lol

ptod
02-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Had my WI today - looks like adding a little bit of extra protein last week kicked my body into high gear - lost 6.8 pounds - go me!

I tried the lemon puffs today - some were way too sweet, some didn't seem to have any flavor. Weird. I think I will stick to the chocolate items. :D

Wuv - a new bike is so exciting! I am jealous hearing of your ride at the beach. We will warm up here soon enough and you have given me an idea of what to ask for for my birthday. Since I never ask for anything besides a hug & a kiss and some flowers, my DH might fall over when I tell him. Can I count picking him up off the floor as exercise? :wl:

GoodEatsandWine
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM

Agreed!

Wayward
02-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Good afternoon everyone!!!
I hope everyone is having a great OP day!

I have had a crappy day, but that's all work related lol.

Just wanted to say happy belated Valentines Day to all the ladies of the group, sorry I missed doing it yesterday.

Congrats again Lisa... stumbled across the cheat thread where you slammed them all to shut up... I was about to do the same thing lol.

I will post here and answer any questions anyone has about anything if I can help.
But I think I am pretty much done helping on the other threads.
There are too many new people who have been on program for a month or less, have lost 9 pounds in 2 months, or know everything that argue everything we try and tell them.
My household has lost over 165 pounds now on IP between the wife and I.
I don't think I know it all, and I only try and answer what I know from my experience.
But I am sorry if Lisa and I say one thing and someone else who has lost 12 pounds in 2 months is going to debate my answer then I wasted my time in the first place.

I know there are others that are getting tired of trying to help amongst the know it alls, I will not mention any names but it seems to be happening a lot now a days.
To everyone in this group... if there is ever anything you need please don't hesitate to ask.

But for the rest of them, they can cheat, and go back and forth and waiver all they want.
I enjoy being in great shape, I enjoy the benefits I have gained from IP, and I enjoy helping the ones who actually want it and ask for it from me.

But I am not wasting my time constantly trying to help people on this forum anymore.

Sorry for the negative thread, as someone who constantly closes with Stay Positive.... but you can only take so much BS on one forum.

Wayward
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh and Lisa... yeah it was 39 degrees here this morning on my way to work.. and that was even going in 2 hours late.
Dang you and your nice weather :)

To everyone else, huge congrats on your WI's and NSV.... they are the only reason I still frequent this forum.

Stay Positive and Stay OP!

Ishbel
02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Ok,

So I'm forcing myself to post.

I have to admit to you guys that I'm feeling a little blue as my losses have REALLY slowed down. Today, I got a 0 loss/gain...it's the first (19th of Feb is 10 months). I know I know, I'm 122 lbs down my weight will slow down yadda yadda yadda...it's just tough you know. I was really hoping for a good weigh in because I needed a boost.

Two weeks ago I re-confirmed my measurements, last week I did all restricted got backed up (lol). This week I took them all out...essentially a little mini shock to my system. ....didn't work...

My coach gave me the entire pep talk, don't beat yourself up, you've come a long way etc etc...but you know when you're blue it doesn't matter what someone says. She did say my plans for a mini-phase off for Mexico might be exactly what my body needs...but right now I just wanted a good loss.

:cry:

Wayward
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Ishbel...
I know the feeling.. slow weeks can be hard.
You have definitely lost a huge amount of weight in really not a long time.
10 months is nothing, you do realize but your own numbers you have lost 12.2 pounds PER MONTH for 10 MONTHS!!!

That's awesome... find a friend of yours who has lost that much in so little time.
I know it's hard not to get frustrated, and fed up, but it will be worth it in the end, and you aren't that far away anymore.
Struggle through and you will be that much happier for it.

canadiancandy
02-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Hi yall :)

I was wondering if someone could help me? Being OP is my only state of mind, today for the first time (in my 9th week) i was so crazy busy i only had an opportunity to drink 2 shakes (breakfast and lunch) i will be home for dinner in an hour (5pm) how do i get all my vegies in? .... i thought i could try with dinner (that would be so much at once and maybe too many carbs at one time as well?) .... Would a better solution be to have 2 cups with dinner, then 2 cups with my evening snack? (maybe still OP since im just swapping my lunch with my snack essentially?)

Wayward
02-15-2012, 07:19 PM
I would suggest just adding the 2 cups to your snack.
Or if you just cannot stomach them you could skip the extra 2 cups today.
This is just my opinion, not a fact, but I know I didn't get all my veggies in for 2 meals a day everyday and it never hurt my losses.

canadiancandy
02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Thank you :)

I needed some reassurance that i wouldn't be messing up!

JoesHotWife
02-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi all. WI today...down 2.4 for the week and 5.3 total (2 weeks in).

This program is far too expensive to cheat. You either want it or you don't. I WANT IT!!!

ipsbest4me
02-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone. This is perfect with Wayward here as well to give some guidance for me with this. I had my WI 3 yesterday and was down 3.8 lbs for a total of 15 lbs and 19.75 inches in 3 weeks. Needless to say, I am excited about IP!! Now for the guidance part. I ended up in the ER today from 10:00 until a half hour ago and so missed lunch. Would it be best to eat my meat meal and then a pack later or should I eat a pack now and a pack later with as many vegetables as I can manage?

Bellamack
02-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Hello,

Wayward you and your wife have done Fantastic! Ishbel Congrats to you, I bet you will have a decent loss next week, you are rockin' the program. We are one day closer to Spring :)

JKfromIL
02-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi all. WI today...down 2.4 for the week and 5.3 total (2 weeks in).

This program is far too expensive to cheat. You either want it or you don't. I WANT IT!!!

Congrats! I totally agree with you. I am a single momso the commitment to this plan was not an easy one when you consider the expense. But, made it my birthday present to myself and 15 weeks later I am still going strong :) Cheating would be such a waste of money and time to get back to ketosis.

wuv2bloved
02-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Well something had to be done with that one thread, then someone still told me "off" in a way....OH WELL....I have a home and so do the rest of you.....that is all that matters right?

Wayward
02-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Hi everyone. This is perfect with Wayward here as well to give some guidance for me with this. I had my WI 3 yesterday and was down 3.8 lbs for a total of 15 lbs and 19.75 inches in 3 weeks. Needless to say, I am excited about IP!! Now for the guidance part. I ended up in the ER today from 10:00 until a half hour ago and so missed lunch. Would it be best to eat my meat meal and then a pack later or should I eat a pack now and a pack later with as many vegetables as I can manage?

Crap you caught me right after I went home from work.
Hopefully you just decided to have a pack right after you posted and then just had a later dinner.

You aren't supposed to go longer than about 4 hours between eating, I did it quite a bit until they suggested adding protein bars to my plan before working out.
I used to eat lunch at noon and then wouldn't eat anything until after I got back from working out and making dinner.
So some nights I went until about 10:00 at night.
So hopefully you made a choice, sorry I wasn't here to respond.

Keep up all the great work everyone!

Busymomx4
02-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Wuv - that picture of your on your bike just put a huge smile on my face...what amazing things this diet can do for you when followed 100%. I am SO jealous of you being on the beach..i could feel the beauty and warmth of your ride, enjoy :)

Ishbel - BIG :hug: I know it sucks, i know you feel down but keep positive and look at what you've accomplished over the past 10 months..don't let one week of no loss (not a gain here, just a no loss) bring you down...you're doing amazing!

Not much new to report here, tattoo healing just fine and still loving it (good thing i guess huh).

Congrats to all the great WI this week :) We're an amazing bunch!

Have a great day everyone!

Ishbel
02-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks Wayward, Bellamack and Busymom...you're support yesterday was awesome.

I asked the universe via this forum for support and got it in spades!!! After this I go to my TOPS group, we have secret pals. My pal didn't know I was having a bad day and the card she gave me complete with a poem was PERFECT for the day. I might try to find time to scan it and post it.

Also, later on last night my coach reminded me later that I was at 90% of my goal so if it wasn't for me wanting to go to 100% she'd be putting me on Phase 2. I'm not one for inches, we just take them and move along, I'm much more about the scale and what it says. So she added up the total and I've lost 109 Inches!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

So yeah, I'll struggle through it and I know I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday but really...have to admit I gave the scale the finger! :D

rissimo
02-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Ok,

So I'm forcing myself to post.

I have to admit to you guys that I'm feeling a little blue as my losses have REALLY slowed down. Today, I got a 0 loss/gain...it's the first (19th of Feb is 10 months). I know I know, I'm 122 lbs down my weight will slow down yadda yadda yadda...it's just tough you know. I was really hoping for a good weigh in because I needed a boost.

Two weeks ago I re-confirmed my measurements, last week I did all restricted got backed up (lol). This week I took them all out...essentially a little mini shock to my system. ....didn't work...

My coach gave me the entire pep talk, don't beat yourself up, you've come a long way etc etc...but you know when you're blue it doesn't matter what someone says. She did say my plans for a mini-phase off for Mexico might be exactly what my body needs...but right now I just wanted a good loss.

:cry:

:hug:It's okay. You've done amazing. Remember the pep talks that you have given all of us. Your body is fighting letting go of the weight, but it will. Don't let it get you down. I know it's disappointing, but look at what you have accomplished so far...you have had a great loss......122 POUNDS GONE. I agree, the mini phase off may be exactly what your body needs. Chin up, keep chugging along....You are another one of the inspirations to us here and we are so very proud of you!!!!!!!

Busymomx4
02-16-2012, 08:56 AM
So yeah, I'll struggle through it and I know I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday but really...have to admit I gave the scale the finger! :D

Like :)

DanafromAustin
02-16-2012, 09:05 AM

I asked the universe via this forum for support and got it in spades!!! After this I go to my TOPS group, we have secret pals. My pal didn't know I was having a bad day and the card she gave me complete with a poem was PERFECT for the day. I might try to find time to scan it and post it.

Also, later on last night my coach reminded me later that I was at 90% of my goal so if it wasn't for me wanting to go to 100% she'd be putting me on Phase 2. I'm not one for inches, we just take them and move along, I'm much more about the scale and what it says. So she added up the total and I've lost 109 Inches!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

Sounds like you are back in perspective again. You are doing awesome, hang in there.

Ng951
02-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Ishbel thank you! You give me lot's of hope. I have 100lbs to lose. This is my 5th week and I lost 23.lbs. ;). Nancy G

Ishbel
02-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the support rissimo and dana!

WAY TO GO Ng951! I think it's neat that I can give you lots of hope by sharing. I don't always share the difficult parts but hey, we're all not iron man! :)

Even when I'm wallowing in self pity I know deep down that it doesn't matter what the scale says I will still do the same thing tomorrow. I was never one to put a time limit on my weight loss. Throughout this I knew that if I had a goal it didn't matter how long it took me to get there, it was a goal. If I put a timelimit on it then I would beat myself up if I didn't get there in time.

So through some soul searching yesterday I think I realized that I was wanting to be a certain weight when I went to Mexico, which means I put a time limit on it. BAD BAD for me! So I have to accept what it is, adapt and overcome! :)

Here's the poem that really helped me turn my attitude, thought I'd share it with all of you.

SewingMomma
02-16-2012, 10:39 AM
T
So through some soul searching yesterday I think I realized that I was wanting to be a certain weight when I went to Mexico, which means I put a time limit on it. BAD BAD for me! So I have to accept what it is, adapt and overcome! :)

I hope you're feeling better today. You are an inspiration to us all!:hug:

I really need to go through my closet and get rids of the way too big clothes! I keep pulling out pants that are waaaaay too big and wearing them. Yesterday, I put on a pair of my size 18 jeans, and they were super baggy and falling off. So today a grabbed a new pair that I bought on sale. I've been buying a few sizes down when I can find them at a good price, and today I put on a pair of size 14 skinny jeans. They fit perfectly!!!! My size 14 khakis have fit me for a while because they have a loose fit, but I haven't been able to get my thighs and hips in skinny jeans.
:dancer::dancer:

wuv2bloved
02-16-2012, 10:40 AM

WOW!!!!......109inches and I thought I loss a lot (well I did) with 87inches gone. We have come a long way in the 10 months we have been on here. We have become different women. More positive and confident, I thought I was before but now....My give a da*n is back and look out. No stopping me now. I was going to suggest since you were so close to your goal that you try eating phase 2 way and maybe the last few lbs would come off. Hang in there, I know you look amazing and that NUMBER on the scale is just that...A NUMBER its how YOU FEEL in your own skin that matters. You are a beautiful person regardless of that number and Mexico is in for a rude awakening when you hit there with that smoking body in a bathing suit!!!

ptod
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Ishbel - :hug: Look at what you have gained in the last 10 months - all of us little people (tee hee) who have your back! :wave:
Now, how do we all get through customs in your carry-on bag..... :chin:

ptod
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Wuv -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! :celebrate:

nikkib
02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Good afternoon everyone!!!
I hope everyone is having a great OP day!

I have had a crappy day, but that's all work related lol.

Just wanted to say happy belated Valentines Day to all the ladies of the group, sorry I missed doing it yesterday.

Congrats again Lisa... stumbled across the cheat thread where you slammed them all to shut up... I was about to do the same thing lol.

I will post here and answer any questions anyone has about anything if I can help.
But I think I am pretty much done helping on the other threads.
There are too many new people who have been on program for a month or less, have lost 9 pounds in 2 months, or know everything that argue everything we try and tell them.
My household has lost over 165 pounds now on IP between the wife and I.
I don't think I know it all, and I only try and answer what I know from my experience.
But I am sorry if Lisa and I say one thing and someone else who has lost 12 pounds in 2 months is going to debate my answer then I wasted my time in the first place.

I know there are others that are getting tired of trying to help amongst the know it alls, I will not mention any names but it seems to be happening a lot now a days.
To everyone in this group... if there is ever anything you need please don't hesitate to ask.

But for the rest of them, they can cheat, and go back and forth and waiver all they want.
I enjoy being in great shape, I enjoy the benefits I have gained from IP, and I enjoy helping the ones who actually want it and ask for it from me.

But I am not wasting my time constantly trying to help people on this forum anymore.

Sorry for the negative thread, as someone who constantly closes with Stay Positive.... but you can only take so much BS on one forum.

Well said. I LOVE IT!! I do feel for those who stumble along the way but the bottom line is WE are in control of what we do and it all comes down to that. I am so thankful for this thread. I realize as long as I am 100% my body will let go what and when it is ready to. It is all about patience and persistence :) I feel it is a total mind, body and spirit journey. You do deal with a lot of demons along the way but it makes you that much stronger.

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-16-2012, 11:21 AM
WI#5 this morning. Lost 4 more pounds!! That makes a total of 21 pounds in just 5 short weeks.

rissimo
02-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Ishbel - :hug: Look at what you have gained in the last 10 months - all of us little people (tee hee) who have your back! :wave:
Now, how do we all get through customs in your carry-on bag..... :chin:

I totally agree!!!

GoodEatsandWine
02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Well something had to be done with that one thread, then someone still told me "off" in a way....OH WELL....I have a home and so do the rest of you.....that is all that matters right?

That's right!

Momto2cs
02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I have a tmi question for the women...

Has anyone skipped their Tom? This is the second month with nothing. I have taken numerous pregnancy tests and they are all negative (whew). I am still losing, all be it slowly. I have all the symptoms, but that's it...

nikkib
02-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Happy Birthday Lisa :) My girls don't have school tomorrow so we are going to stay at a place with a water park tonight. Got a fridge and microwave in it so I will have no problem's there. Hardest part was making everything up last night so I just have to heat it. We are going to have a blast! Downer of the day my husbands truck probably needs a new engine :( So glad I won't be around tonight because he is going to be understandably crabby.

Great victories everyone!! Have a wonderful OP day :)

nikkib
02-16-2012, 01:56 PM
So I have a kinda awkward question... I don't mean to drag religion into this and I am sorry in advance if the question makes anyone uncomfortable. For those of you that go to church and take communion how do you handle communion? We have the option of the little cup of wine or grape juice and a chunk of bread or gluten free wafer. I know neither are OP but as I do like to participate. I have been taking a small sip (not even 1/2 oz) of the wine and have been eating a very small nibble of the bread. I am stuck here. I would in any other situation decline of course since it is not OP. I feel guilty when I do take it but the ritual of it means so much spiritually to me. Would this cause me to go out of ketosis in this small amount every other week?

Again sorry for the awkward question

rissimo
02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
So I have a kinda awkward question... I don't mean to drag religion into this and I am sorry in advance if the question makes anyone uncomfortable. For those of you that go to church and take communion how do you handle communion? We have the option of the little cup of wine or grape juice and a chunk of bread or gluten free wafer. I know neither are OP but as I do like to participate. I have been taking a small sip (not even 1/2 oz) of the wine and have been eating a very small nibble of the bread. I am stuck here. I would in any other situation decline of course since it is not OP. I feel guilty when I do take it but the ritual of it means so much spiritually to me. Would this cause me to go out of ketosis in this small amount every other week?

I take communion. It is not enough to do any harm.

GoodEatsandWine
02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Loving my midmorning green tea w/coconut, ginger and vanilla....

Happy 100% OP all day everyone!

New Englander
02-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Loving my midmorning green tea w/coconut, ginger and vanilla....

Happy 100% OP all day everyone!
That sounds yummy. I need to figure out some yummy teas for myself... especially during these cold winter days... :)

Shem7412
02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
I have a tmi question for the women...

Has anyone skipped their Tom? This is the second month with nothing. I have taken numerous pregnancy tests and they are all negative (whew). I am still losing, all be it slowly. I have all the symptoms, but that's it...

I have had issues with TOM since i started the program but almost opposite, I have 3 weeks ON... a few days off.. and then start again. The wonderful thing about this site is that I had actually found a thread .. think it was called "things you wish your coach had told you" anyways someone had talked about it and since I do have a wonderful coach I had actually emailed her and she said woman's hormones do tend to be sensitive to the program for the few months while your body is rebalancing .. and I know from the past anytime I did Atkins or any program with ketosis effects that it always caused my TOM to start right away. Now your issue is a little diffrent in the fact you are not getting yours, but it could just be your body doing a rebalance as well. If you are sure your not pregant and are comfortable waiting it out I have been told that its only the first few months then your body should go back to whatever your "normal" is.

Hope that helps, and hopefully you can talk to your coach more about it if you need better explanation.

Momto2cs
02-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks brandie. I did ip for months lst year with none of theses issues, but I will give it another month and see what happens.

As for communion, I would continue doing what you have been doing and not feel guilty over it. Spiritual health is a important factor in some lives and you should be able to continue that as you wish. The small added carbs from a sip of wine or a wafer at church are negligible. Definitely nowhere near enough to impact ketosis.

Magicpinecone
02-16-2012, 03:09 PM

I'm Catholic and asked a very similar question a few weeks ago. At first I avoided it but Communion is such an important part of my faith I no longer avoid it. I haven't had any problems.

frazzledmom04
02-16-2012, 03:35 PM

I take communion too and it hasn't hurt. Its important and I just wouldn't give it up.

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Okay, I kinda laughed when I read the question about communion! (No. I am not making fun of the question.) I had just never thought about it! I have been taking communion weekly and it has not hindered my loss. I agree with everyone who has said that it is important to have Spiritual Health, however one interprets that.
Have a great day everyone!!

ipsbest4me
02-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Crap you caught me right after I went home from work.
Hopefully you just decided to have a pack right after you posted and then just had a later dinner.

You aren't supposed to go longer than about 4 hours between eating, I did it quite a bit until they suggested adding protein bars to my plan before working out.
I used to eat lunch at noon and then wouldn't eat anything until after I got back from working out and making dinner.
So some nights I went until about 10:00 at night.
So hopefully you made a choice, sorry I wasn't here to respond.

Keep up all the great work everyone!

That's okay Wayward and thanks for the response anyway...I really appreciate it. I actually just ended up eating my regular dinnertime meal and having a packet a couple of hours later. My biggest concerns for yesterday are that I didn't get enough water and they made me take 4 baby aspirin at the clinic before shipping me to ER. I think there's sugar in baby aspirin:( But I'm sure everything will straighten itself out and I'll have a great week. Thanks again!

jenn2ndtimearound
02-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Loving this thread! Thanks everyone for keeping me motivated! I had a little bit of a freak out today. I have decided that I am going to run a 10k in july and have started training for it. Today I went online and looked at the map for the route of the run and all of a sudden was hit with these negative thoughts. That I would quit, that I could never finish, that Im not good enough to do this. But after reading some posts, Im feeling better. Just one day at a time and that I am worth it!So I have registered for my run so I wont chicken out, I know I can do this! Hope everyone is having a good OP day!

wuv2bloved
02-16-2012, 06:27 PM
wanted to share!

SewingMomma
02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Loving this thread! Thanks everyone for keeping me motivated! I had a little bit of a freak out today. I have decided that I am going to run a 10k in july and have started training for it. Today I went online and looked at the map for the route of the run and all of a sudden was hit with these negative thoughts. That I would quit, that I could never finish, that Im not good enough to do this. But after reading some posts, Im feeling better. Just one day at a time and that I am worth it!So I have registered for my run so I wont chicken out, I know I can do this! Hope everyone is having a good OP day!

You can do it!!!! Good luck with the training and the race!

mompattie
02-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Hi guys! I've been catching up on this amazing thread! Glad to "meet" you wayward, so happy to have more experienced folks here to help us! Ishbel - what else can I say that everyone else hasn't? I loved all the posts and I concur with all of them!! You continue to inspire me, I look at your numbers and can't wait for that to be me in 40 weeks! You have come so far! Wuv - I scroll for your purple posts! I love them! Everyone - you are all wonderful and we make up this BEST THREAD on this board! 100 % baby all the way!!! Have a wonderful day!!

jenn2ndtimearound
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
You can do it!!!! Good luck with the training and the race!

Thanks so much!!:hug:

New Englander
02-16-2012, 07:51 PM
This may sound silly but I can't wait to get dressed tomorrow! I bought two new pairs of jeans in a size 10! (Even though not all 10s fit me...but the ones I bought did..and I can't believe it!!!) Now if only my gut would go away...maybe in the next 20 lbs.. ???

panda13
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
I have been feeling so great the past few days. I am using alternatives and about three weeks ago found a bar (Oh Yeah) that I really liked. Well, the past couple weeks I was really struggling and almost gave up on the diet. I decided to pore over every ingredient in all of my foods, and guess what? The Oh Yeah bars have corn syrup in them! I was feeling SO hungry between meals, and my cravings were getting worse. I don't know if it was for sure the corn syrup (I know IP has some foods w/sugar or agave in them), but that is my guess. I stopped eating them on Saturday or Sunday, and today I was feeling great, and back to feeling like I can really do this! I am hoping to reach a 20 lb total loss this week, but even if I don't, I still feel really great and am actually excited again about losing the weight.

I also got an order from Nashua Nutrition, with some new foods. I just tried the chocolate chip sweet roll. Texture wasn't fantastic (a little tough on the outside), but the little chocolate chips were a nice treat - even if there were only about 10 mini chips in the whole thing! :D

Tomorrow I'm going to try the ProtiThin protein pasta with my lunch. Very excited about that. And I got some more chocolate covered soy puffs and some Healthsmart bars for my restricteds. Yay for new foods!

ETA: I got excited on Tuesday when I realized I had really bad breath and was feeling a little head-achey! Geez, only someone on IP would get excited about that. But it totally confirmed to me that my body was probably not in ketosis, but now it is!

patns
02-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the support rissimo and dana!

WAY TO GO Ng951! I think it's neat that I can give you lots of hope by sharing. I don't always share the difficult parts but hey, we're all not iron man! :)

Even when I'm wallowing in self pity I know deep down that it doesn't matter what the scale says I will still do the same thing tomorrow. I was never one to put a time limit on my weight loss. Throughout this I knew that if I had a goal it didn't matter how long it took me to get there, it was a goal. If I put a timelimit on it then I would beat myself up if I didn't get there in time.

Here's the poem that really helped me turn my attitude, thought I'd share it with all of you.

Glad you are back to your positive self. Just think, you are going on your vacation with at least 90% of your weight off. Think back just a year ago, could you even have imagined you could do that?

I think what your coach said is right on the money, the mini phase off may be great for you.
Look forward to a well deserved vacation.

Pat

Tripmama
02-16-2012, 09:30 PM
You look wonderful. Love the bike!

Tripmama
02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
So I just had a delish dinner!
I made turkey burgers with a tsp of onion and crushed garlic. I used portabela mushrooms as buns- I roasted those at 450 with 2 tsp of olive oil for 18 mins. I put a couple of pepper slices on it- yum. I served it with grated cauliflower heated through with 1/4 cup water salt &pepper. IP banana pudding for dessert. WI#4 tomorrow staying 100% OP

patns
02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I have been feeling so great the past few days. I am using alternatives and about three weeks ago found a bar (Oh Yeah) that I really liked. Well, the past couple weeks I was really struggling and almost gave up on the diet. I decided to pore over every ingredient in all of my foods, and guess what? The Oh Yeah bars have corn syrup in them! I was feeling SO hungry between meals, and my cravings were getting worse. I don't know if it was for sure the corn syrup (I know IP has some foods w/sugar or agave in them), but that is my guess. I stopped eating them on Saturday or Sunday, and today I was feeling great, and back to feeling like I can really do this! I am hoping to reach a 20 lb total loss this week, but even if I don't, I still feel really great and am actually excited again about losing the weight.

I also got an order from Nashua Nutrition, with some new foods. I just tried the chocolate chip sweet roll. Texture wasn't fantastic (a little tough on the outside), but the little chocolate chips were a nice treat - even if there were only about 10 mini chips in the whole thing! :D

Tomorrow I'm going to try the ProtiThin protein pasta with my lunch. Very excited about that. And I got some more chocolate covered soy puffs and some Healthsmart bars for my restricteds. Yay for new foods!

ETA: I got excited on Tuesday when I realized I had really bad breath and was feeling a little head-achey! Geez, only someone on IP would get excited about that. But it totally confirmed to me that my body was probably not in ketosis, but now it is!

I had to smile about the "sweet roll". I got them too and they are quite wierd being so crisp on the outsiDe. But I savoured the microscopic "chocalate" chips. Heavens knows what they really are.

pat

Tripmama
02-16-2012, 09:55 PM

:D I can't wait to lose 100 lbs. Thanks for the inspiration !!!!:smug:carrot::carrot::)

DanafromAustin
02-16-2012, 10:37 PM
WI#4 tomorrow staying 100% OP
Good luck tomorrow!!

SewingMomma
02-17-2012, 06:09 AM
This may sound silly but I can't wait to get dressed tomorrow! I bought two new pairs of jeans in a size 10! (Even though not all 10s fit me...but the ones I bought did..and I can't believe it!!!) Now if only my gut would go away...maybe in the next 20 lbs.. ???

Putting on a pair of smaller jeans is the best feeling!!! Great job.

mamacitaof2
02-17-2012, 08:03 AM
I had an NSV yesterday. My kids had their parent teacher conferences and I saw a girlfriend I haven't seen since Christmas. She said I need to share my secret because I look amazing! We are meeting up tonight and I can't wait to catch her up.

SV this morning also. I am down another 2lbs brining me to a total of 30lbs on this journey! I can see onderland on the horizon!!

Busymomx4
02-17-2012, 08:40 AM
TGIF everyone!

Ugh had the bad idea to have ham last night for dinner and i was up this morning probably due to the salt...i have WI tomorrow so gonna drink 1 liter more then usual today (making it 5) and hopefully it will get rid of it.

New Englander - Very cool on size 10 pants :) I always go to a store where clothes are made bigger so i take smaller sizes, lol.

Have a great day :)

ptod
02-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Ugh had the bad idea to have ham last night for dinner and i was up this morning probably due to the salt...i have WI tomorrow so gonna drink 1 liter more then usual today (making it 5) and hopefully it will get rid of it.

I have the same issue with ham -- as soon as I wake up, I can feel the water retention with my rings. Lots of water will help - plus you will get more exercise walking (quickly?) to the bathroom. ;)

Ishbel
02-17-2012, 09:39 AM
New Englander - Very cool on size 10 pants :) I always go to a store where clothes are made bigger so i take smaller sizes, lol.

HAHA Too funny! I do that too :)

So I just want you all to know that I'm very appreciative of all the support that I received from you specifically these last few days and generally over the last 10 months.

It took me about 60 minutes to decide to post about how I was feeling and I thought was "ok missy, it's a support group, you signed up for it for these moments".

I know this site gives me strength and I know that I could have not made it this far without surrounding myself with people who are 'in the same boat as me'. I love this diet, but really only those who are on it with me understand the struggles that come. The blue moments aren't forever, they are just a moment in time. BUT YOU ALL...help make the moment be less then a moment in the scheme of life.

I had support off line but I hesitated phoning the usual people because I know they would have disregarded (in fact my older sister did) my sense of frustration. But here, I was understood and supported.

YOU ALL ROCK!

Ok, sorry for the mushy post! LOL

Busymomx4
02-17-2012, 09:51 AM

So I just want you all to know that I'm very appreciative of all the support that I received from you specifically these last few days and generally over the last 10 months.

It took me about 60 minutes to decide to post about how I was feeling and I thought was "ok missy, it's a support group, you signed up for it for these moments".

I know this site gives me strength and I know that I could have not made it this far without surrounding myself with people who are 'in the same boat as me'. I love this diet, but really only those who are on it with me understand the struggles that come. The blue moments aren't forever, they are just a moment in time. BUT YOU ALL...help make the moment be less then a moment in the scheme of life.

I had support off line but I hesitated phoning the usual people because I know they would have disregarded (in fact my older sister did) my sense of frustration. But here, I was understood and supported.

YOU ALL ROCK!

:hug:

DanafromAustin
02-17-2012, 11:18 AM
TGIF everyone!

I never have turnip fries the night before a WI. I always gain water weight for a day.

YOU ALL ROCK!

We like mushy... :)

MaMaZu
02-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Planning a road trip with my husband for next month up the California coast. He is disappointed that I will be 100% OP (no wine, etc.). I assured him we can still have a wonderful time, but he now wants to wait until I am maintaining. Whatever, not budging on this one, the Coast will still be there when I am on maintenance. Hopefully he at some point will get how important this is for me and us!

wuv2bloved
02-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Good morning everyone, I would like to say thank you to everyone for the Birthday Wishes yesterday. It made my day extra special coming from all of you.

I have to agree with Ishbel, If it wouldn't have been for this site I don't know if I would of come this far. This has been a valuable part of my weight loss and will continue to be even after I reach my goal. I know that there is ALWAYS a need for support and I will be around to give that. Some take it and some don't, I know that I have helped a few people along the way and that is all that matters. Whenever I first started, I would check everyone's stats and I knew there were a few of us that had to lose 100+pounds and I was like YES!!...I am not the ONLY one needing to lose that much even though I was the biggest one that I have seen on it. So I would follow everyone closely but really kept my eye on Rollercoaster, JellyMae, BusyMommy and Ishbel because I knew these would be the ones who would be in it as long as I would be on it....and here we are 10 months later ALL 4 of us OVER 100pounds GONE....FOREVER!!!....We have seen people make their goal and move on, we have seen people struggle, we have seen new people come but we are still here pushing forward til the end and beyond. Not just the 5 of us but EVERYONE of us HAS what it takes TO BE SUCCESSFUL.....YOU just have to FIND it within YOURSELF!!

DanafromAustin
02-17-2012, 12:50 PM
I posted on the daily thread but thought I would post here too. Today is my 5th month anniversary on IP and of course 100% the entire time.

I have a lot to look forward to this next couple of weeks. I'm unofficially just 1 pound away from onederland today, I'm seeing my mom, my brother and SIL and my doctor in the coming week or two. I haven't seen my mom since I was at least 20 pounds heavier, my brother and SIL since just starting IP and my doctor (who recommended IP to me) before I started IP. And leaving for my cruise a week from Sunday. Lots to look forward to.:)

GoodEatsandWine
02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
TGIF everyone!

I'm puzzled why ham isn't restricted...I get that you can still lose weight eating it but it discouraging to see the water weight the next day or two which doesn't make for happy dieters who are earger to see daily changes in the positive direction. I haven't had ham yet while being OP and I think I'll hold off until I'm in maintenance; only because I really enjoy seeing decreases not temporary increases.

I suppose if an event came up and I did have ham while OP, I would make sure it wasn't a day or two before my WI, drink tons of water (I already drink 150 - 200oz per day so that will be hard), and won't weigh myself for a day or two so I won't have to see the temporary 'gain'.

GoodEatsandWine
02-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I posted on the daily thread but thought I would post here too. Today is my 5th month anniversary on IP and of course 100% the entire time.

I have a lot to look forward to this next couple of weeks. I'm unofficially just 1 pound away from onederland today, I'm seeing my mom, my brother and SIL and my doctor in the coming week or two. I haven't seen my mom since I was at least 20 pounds heavier, my brother and SIL since just starting IP and my doctor (who recommended IP to me) before I started IP. And leaving for my cruise a week from Sunday. Lots to look forward to.:)

5 months and entirely 100% OP the whole time! Congrat's!! And it sounds like you DO have a lot to look forward to! :carrot:

Magicpinecone
02-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I had to smile about the "sweet roll". I got them too and they are quite wierd being so crisp on the outsiDe. But I savoured the microscopic "chocalate" chips. Heavens knows what they really are.

pat
I'm so glad mine wasn't the only weird looking sweet roll. I was expecting roll type consistency and instead I got a hard round disk. However, the flavor was good and I'm thinking cut in half it would make a nice pita type pocket but I'm not sure about what could be used as a filler.

nikkib
02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the answers on the communion question. I am SO glad it is ok. So the girls and I had a blast at the water park last night. I put some cut up chicken in a bag and dumped some Franks Wing Sauce (0/0/0) in the bag and had 2 cups of coleslaw for supper. I just ate the chicken cold out of the bag and it was good. I just got the choc. soy puffs from Nashua yesterday so I had those for breakfast. HOLY CRAP THEY ARE GOOD!! I think they are better than the bars!! I was able to stay OP without a hitch. The only thing was I put my cucumbers in the fridge with a RTD shake and figured I would eat that for lunch right before check out but the darn cuc's froze!! They were half frozen and half mushy and nasty! I did have time to grab a veggie quick tho when I dropped the kids off at home before going back to work. As long as I take the time to plan ahead every day and make sure I have what I need if I am somewhere that is not IP friendly I am good to go. I hope the rest of my journey goes this well. Have a nice weekend everyone :)

nikkib
02-17-2012, 01:43 PM

Good for you Dana! You rock :)

ptod
02-17-2012, 01:55 PM
I have a lot to look forward to this next couple of weeks. I'm unofficially just 1 pound away from onederland today, I'm seeing my mom, my brother and SIL and my doctor in the coming week or two.... And leaving for my cruise a week from Sunday. Lots to look forward to.:)

Wow, just reading your schedule makes me want to go take a nap. :D Get ready for lots of compliments and shocked looks. You earned them!

Ooo and I wish we were heading on another cruise. We can't always fit in all the activities we want to try each day - too much fun. Maybe that will be my reward for goal....and I might even take my DH along too.

Thinking about your upcoming doctor visit..... I had a follow up with my rhuemotologist, he was thrilled at my progress - I guess it was about 40 pounds gone. I saw my regular doc a month later and was looking forward to her shocked look. When she walked into the examine room, she had her nose in my chart - didn't look up - and said "oh, Dr. ____ told me about your weight loss." WHAT?!?!?! That was it?! No balloons or confetti? I know she was pleased, but when I get back to the rhuemotologist I am going to tell him "STOP STEALING MY THUNDER".... :rollpin:

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Planning a road trip with my husband for next month up the California coast. He is disappointed that I will be 100% OP (no wine, etc.). I assured him we can still have a wonderful time, but he now wants to wait until I am maintaining. Whatever, not budging on this one, the Coast will still be there when I am on maintenance. Hopefully he at some point will get how important this is for me and us!

Way to stick by your conviction! That is a trip I want to take with my husband in a few years. By that time I will be at goal and can partake in the wine! If you go now, have fun. If you decide to wait, then you will love the way you look, feel, and get to taste a little wine:devil:

lindac36
02-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi All, haven't been posting online for a while, bunch of people visiting. I have been jumping on for inspiration. Love the positive notes here. Just a quick drop in to say I am still around and still totally OP!

DanafromAustin
02-17-2012, 05:51 PM
5 months and entirely 100% OP the whole time! Congrat's!! And it sounds like you DO have a lot to look forward to! :carrot:
Thanks!!

Good for you Dana! You rock :)
Thanks!!

Wow, just reading your schedule makes me want to go take a nap. :D Get ready for lots of compliments and shocked looks. You earned them!

Ooo and I wish we were heading on another cruise. We can't always fit in all the activities we want to try each day - too much fun. Maybe that will be my reward for goal....and I might even take my DH along too.

Thinking about your upcoming doctor visit..... I had a follow up with my rhuemotologist, he was thrilled at my progress - I guess it was about 40 pounds gone. I saw my regular doc a month later and was looking forward to her shocked look. When she walked into the examine room, she had her nose in my chart - didn't look up - and said "oh, Dr. ____ told me about your weight loss." WHAT?!?!?! That was it?! No balloons or confetti? I know she was pleased, but when I get back to the rhuemotologist I am going to tell him "STOP STEALING MY THUNDER".... :rollpin:
Thank you!

A cruise would be the perfect way to celebrate reaching your goal. One of my best friends is also on IP, and both of hopefully will be at or close to goal mid to late summer. She lives in another state, so we are making plans to meet somewhere in the country for a fun girls week away and celebrate our weight losses together. Over the years she has always been my dieting partner.

I told my coach to get those balloons and confetti ready for when their scale says onederland. Well at least you got a great response from your rhuemotologist. My doctor, the one who I'm seeing next week, told me to loose 20 pounds by my next visit. Hopefully she will be really happy when she finds out I lost a lot more. ;)

salmongirl
02-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone! On week 5 and still 100% OP! I am loving it and this forum. Have a great day!

lkp888
02-17-2012, 10:55 PM
It's been 4 months and a week since i've been on IP and I'm so happy to say that I've lost 60 pounds and I'm finally into the 170's. I love IP and Love being on it 100%.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Congratulations to everyone on their losses and NSV's as well...

shelly ann
02-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Actually said "No" to going out to dinner tonight. My friends were going out for Italian. There is no way that I would be able to sit through a dinner of pasta and fresh baked bread and eat a salad. I told my friend that I had to be good to myself and right now, that means not going out to certain restaurants. She was rather perplexed at first thinking I should just be strong. When I explained that I knew it was a bad situation for me because I love love love bread and pasta, she understood. It felt rather empowering.

New Englander
02-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Actually said "No" to going out to dinner tonight. My friends were going out for Italian. There is no way that I would be able to sit through a dinner of pasta and fresh baked bread and eat a salad. I told my friend that I had to be good to myself and right now, that means not going out to certain restaurants. She was rather perplexed at first thinking I should just be strong. When I explained that I knew it was a bad situation for me because I love love love bread and pasta, she understood. It felt rather empowering.
Sometimes we just have to make choices that we know are best for us regardless of how others perceive it. So, good for you! :) I prefer not to go out too as it just makes things easier...the time will come when I'm back in the swing! :)

mtnsun4
02-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Great job Shellyann!! It IS empowering and a great feeling.

My husband is taking me out to dinner tonight for our anniversary. When I first started, 5 weeks ago, he asked me if this plan allowed me to have one night off so I could "enjoy" myself. I said, well, I could but it would set me back for about a week and it would be a waste of money, plus, physically just not worth it! So, can you guess what I am going to do? Stay 100% ON PLAN tonight at our dinner! It is a surprise as to where we are going. He even wants to blindfold me. LOL! I will stay OP and STILL ENJOY myself because what is worth it to me is the time spent with him, not the food. :hug:

I have lost 25lbs in 5 weeks and I don't want to mess it up!

Have a great day everyone!

salmongirl
02-18-2012, 09:57 AM
I remembered this morning how fun it is when the scale starts moving again. Last week the darn thing wouldn't budge and this week it keeps going down! I say all of this with a big smile on my face because I know my scale obsession is not a good thing. I know if I stay on program then the good weeks will happen and the slow weeks will happen and it is all part of the journey! But dang, the good weeks do put a smile on your face! :dizzy:;)

Sewmam
02-18-2012, 10:11 AM
It has been hard not eating out with friends. I did it a little, but found it was less stressful to just not eat out, and cheaper. My vision, when I'm in Phase 4, are the chicken enchiladas at my favorite Mexican restaurant....

I get really crabby when I go to the grocery store and want to grab everything I see, especially the sweets! No, no, no!!!!

mompattie
02-18-2012, 10:19 AM
It's been 4 months and a week since i've been on IP and I'm so happy to say that I've lost 60 pounds and I'm finally into the 170's. I love IP and Love being on it 100%.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Congratulations to everyone on their losses and NSV's as well...

Way to go!!!!! Congrats that's a huge loss and a huge commitment! Thanks for posting, it's so encouraging!!!! Awesome success! So proud of you!

MaMaZu
02-18-2012, 10:28 AM
It's been 4 months and a week since i've been on IP and I'm so happy to say that I've lost 60 pounds and I'm finally into the 170's.

Wow! You are my source of inspiration for the weekend! 💪

Tripmama
02-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone, I would like to say thank you to everyone for the Birthday Wishes yesterday. It made my day extra special coming from all of you.

I have to agree with Ishbel, If it wouldn't have been for this site I don't know if I would of come this far. This has been a valuable part of my weight loss and will continue to be even after I reach my goal. I know that there is ALWAYS a need for support and I will be around to give that. Some take it and some don't, I know that I have helped a few people along the way and that is all that matters. Whenever I first started, I would check everyone's stats and I knew there were a few of us that had to lose 100+pounds and I was like YES!!...I am not the ONLY one needing to lose that much even though I was the biggest one that I have seen on it. So I would follow everyone closely but really kept my eye on Rollercoaster, JellyMae, BusyMommy and Ishbel because I knew these would be the ones who would be in it as long as I would be on it....and here we are 10 months later ALL 4 of us OVER 100pounds GONE....FOREVER!!!....We have seen people make their goal and move on, we have seen people struggle, we have seen new people come but we are still here pushing forward til the end and beyond. Not just the 5 of us but EVERYONE of us HAS what it takes TO BE SUCCESSFUL.....YOU just have to FIND it within YOURSELF!!

You all are truly an inspiration for me as a newbie who still has over 100 pounds to go, but because of you I know I can be 100% OP until I get there. THANKS A BUNCH !

Busymomx4
02-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Good morning,

I am SOOO bummed out. IP decided to remove their products from all the smaller clinics that don't have 30 to 40 clients and my clinic is one of them :( So now i have to decide to either switch to their new line of products (called auraphyt, haven't done any research on it yet) and keep my coach or switch clinic, which i will then have to find one that still has their products and that one might be the one i was going when i first started with the HORRIBLE coach. But i like IP products and don't feel confident switching and if i'm going to switch, may as well do alternatives.

I bought 4 weeks worth of products so at least i have a little time to decide what to do.

My big problem is for when i will go in phase 3 and 4.... old clinic, hate the coach and don't want to deal with her...current clinic, new program so she won't be able to help me either.

But then again, i have all of you to help me right?????

My coach is really pissed...they've had this program at their clinic for 7 years...she said that back then, people didn't believe in a protein diet so IP pushed for clinics to carry their products but now that its very popular, they want to concentrate their products in weight loss clinics primarily and centers where they have a big clientele.

On the other hand...i had a great WI -4...super surprised!

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Good morning,

I am SOOO bummed out. IP decided to remove their products from all the smaller clinics that don't have 30 to 40 clients and my clinic is one of them :( So now i have to decide to either switch to their new line of products (called auraphyt, haven't done any research on it yet) and keep my coach or switch clinic, which i will then have to find one that still has their products and that one might be the one i was going when i first started with the HORRIBLE coach. But i like IP products and don't feel confident switching and if i'm going to switch, may as well do alternatives.

Busymomx4: Do you know if this is just in Canada or is it also in the US?

Busymomx4
02-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Busymomx4: Do you know if this is just in Canada or is it also in the US?

I have no idea, i don't even know if its everywhere in Canada or only where there's a number of clinics in close proximity (there's about 4 near me within a 15min radius).

wuv2bloved
02-18-2012, 11:27 AM
You all are truly an inspiration for me as a newbie who still has over 100 pounds to go, but because of you I know I can be 100% OP until I get there. THANKS A BUNCH !
I am glad that you can see it can be done because of what I have done. If you put your mind to it....anything is possible...Just remember YOU are WORTH EVERY PENNY of what you put into this program!

Good morning,

I bought 4 weeks worth of products so at least i have a little time to decide what to do.

My big problem is for when i will go in phase 3 and 4.... old clinic, hate the coach and don't want to deal with her...current clinic, new program so she won't be able to help me either.

But then again, i have all of you to help me right?????

My coach is really pissed...they've had this program at their clinic for 7 years...she said that back then, people didn't believe in a protein diet so IP pushed for clinics to carry their products but now that its very popular, they want to concentrate their products in weight loss clinics primarily and centers where they have a big clientele.

Busy, You don't need to be bummed out. You have gain so much knowledge here and at your clinic that you can do anything. You have loss over 100lbs and have started a new path in life...healthy!...We have about the same left to go and if I was faced with what you are, I know that I could do this without a coach. I would come here for my support and go alternatives. Of course this is what I WOULD DO....not telling you what to do by no means. If it is accountability you need we could be here for that. I remember the rough time you had with the BAD coach and was so happy when you found the new one and the changes that you went through. Take that knowledge with you, I would not go back to the old coach knowing how she treated you and look how far you have come. I don't think you would have come as far as you have with her...do you? Whatever you choose to do remember WE are all HERE FOR YOU and will get you through to the end!!!:hug:

Busymomx4
02-18-2012, 11:48 AM
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]Busy, You don't need to be bummed out. You have gain so much knowledge here and at your clinic that you can do anything. You have loss over 100lbs and have started a new path in life...healthy!...We have about the same left to go and if I was faced with what you are, I know that I could do this without a coach. I would come here for my support and go alternatives. Of course this is what I WOULD DO....not telling you what to do by no means. If it is accountability you need we could be here for that. I remember the rough time you had with the BAD coach and was so happy when you found the new one and the changes that you went through. Take that knowledge with you, I would not go back to the old coach knowing how she treated you and look how far you have come. I don't think you would have come as far as you have with her...do you? Whatever you choose to do remember WE are all HERE FOR YOU and will get you through to the end!!!:hug:

Thank you wuv...and no, i don't think i would've done as well with the old coach. If i was to go there it would be ONLY to buy the products, no getting weight or dealing with the coach.

NavyMommy
02-18-2012, 01:03 PM

Hubby and I had the same discussion. We're going on a weekend away next month (our first without kids!) and there are tons of wonderful wineries and things. I'm staying OP and don't mind watching him taste the wine. Maybe we'll even splurge on a really nice bottle to celebrate his homecoming and me being at goal. And you're right the coast will still be there, great way to look at it!

That's awesome!! I was having the same thoughts about canceling the dinner out I had planned with a friend tonight just because the restaurant has a very limited menu and it wouldn't have been easy to stay OP. We wound up having to cancel for a different reason, but it's always empowering to make the decisions you know are best for you.

Good morning,

That's nuts!! I hope you can come to some kind of agreement. Is it IP bringing out this new brand or is that just a different company your clinic is going with? If there are so many within just a few miles maybe you can find another clinic that's not your old one? GL to you!! It's a hard decision!

ptod
02-18-2012, 04:06 PM

Way to go! Nice job standing up for what is right FOR YOU! Self care is important on this journey. It is too easy for people who say we should just be strong to become people who say a little taste won't hurt. No point putting yourself in a tougher position.

Good morning, I am SOOO bummed out. IP decided to remove their products from all the smaller clinics that don't have 30 to 40 clients and my clinic is one of them :( ...... I bought 4 weeks worth of products so at least i have a little time to decide what to do. ..... On the other hand...i had a great WI -4...super surprised!

Ouch - that hurts. You were very wise to buy ahead and give yourself some time to think calmly & rationally what your next step will be. Could you check out the other clinics for a new coach - even go every other week if the drive to another clinic is a bit inconvenient? Your situation has me thinking what I would do.....

(please hold while I open yet another tab on my browser & google :D )

Thanks for holding. Just had to say YOU ROCK with a BIG -4 this week! :cp:

Maybe WUV can swing through and be your personal coach....you know she got a new bike this week. :bike2:

JoesHotWife
02-18-2012, 08:23 PM
DH took me out for lunch today. I checked the carbs on the meat I planned to eat before we went, brought my own celery, cabbage, oil & vinegar to add to the salad and WOW...100% OP and I didn't have to do dishes. Plus, it was YUMMY!!!

This is the first diet I have ever been able to stick to. But then again, this is the first time I ever decided I wasn't going to quit, no matter what, till I got to goal!

DanafromAustin
02-18-2012, 09:27 PM
DH took me out for lunch today. I checked the carbs on the meat I planned to eat before we went, brought my own celery, cabbage, oil & vinegar to add to the salad and WOW...100% OP and I didn't have to do dishes. Plus, it was YUMMY!!!

This is the first diet I have ever been able to stick to. But then again, this is the first time I ever decided I wasn't going to quit, no matter what, till I got to goal!

You're doing great! I wouldn't worry too much how many carbs are in the meat, rather just make sure it's not a fatty meat and it's within the amount of oz. we are allowed each day. I have to admit I hardly ever weigh my protein, but rather eye ball it for size.

This is the first diet I have ever been able to stick to for this long too. IP is very restrictive, but such an easy diet at the same time too.

New Englander
02-19-2012, 08:50 AM
We all dread the stalls and weigh slow downs...and we all know they are inevitable. Well, after missing two "official" weigh-ins and seeing my at home scale in a stagnant state I got on this morning it read moved! It said 176.5! I couldn't believe it...I can't wait for my "official" weigh-in but for now I will relish what my scale says!!!

Tripmama
02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Love being 100% OP.

New Englander
02-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Love being 100% OP.
absolutely!

panda13
02-19-2012, 09:38 AM
I have a "girls day" with some friends tomorrow, and there's now way to avoid going out to lunch. Any suggestions for what to order? Salad and chicken w/no dressing or something like that? The only other time I've eaten out on IP, I had a steak and broccoli from Applebees. The other issue is I'm not sure where we're going to eat - could be Italian, could be a seafood place, could be P.F. Chang's. I think I'd be okay at the first two, but I have no idea what I would get at P.F. Chang's. Time to google some restaurant menus!

ETA: These are the restaurants where we'll be:
http://www.shopeastwoodtownecenter.com/Directory/default.asp?Cat=3

salmongirl
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Good morning everyone! Have a great OP day!

wuv2bloved
02-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Good morning everyone! Have a great OP day!

Good morning to YOU, Salmon, hope you have an awesome day!;)

JoesHotWife
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Wuv...Love, love, LOVE your new picture...your smile keeps getting bigger and bigger! Thanks for sharing.

jenn2ndtimearound
02-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Wuv...Love, love, LOVE your new picture...your smile keeps getting bigger and bigger! Thanks for sharing.
Totally agree! You look amazing! :hug:

Ishbel
02-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Today is my IP birthday, I've been clean from sugar for 10 months today! :)

...made a 'no sugar added' pulled pork today. I LOVE pulled pork and decided to take a crack at making it from scratch rather than the club house packet (as it has sugar).

I put it in the recipe thread. :)

I was in heaven, seriously it's been over 10 months since I had pulled pork. I miss it...now I can have it. IP has re-taught me to cook, I'm always looking for something that I might have eaten a year ago, but in a healthier way. I feel so empowered tonight. :)

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

panda13
02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Yahooooooo!!!!! I'm back on track! I lost 7.5 lbs this week. I am almost certain the past two-three weeks I was in and out of ketosis. Now it is very obvious I am in ketosis again.

And - I've already reached my half-way goal. I am now 26 pounds lighter than I was just seven weeks ago. I really can't believe it. This is the best I've felt (emotionally and physically) since starting IP.

I talked to my friends that I'm having a girls day with tomorrow, and we are going to Mongolian BBQ for lunch. Cannot wait - I'll be able to eat a salad (already mixed my own dressing) and pick out my own veggies, meats, oil and spices.

Plus we are going shopping, and I'm so excited to buy some new clothes!

New Englander
02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Yahooooooo!!!!! I'm back on track! I lost 7.5 lbs this week. I am almost certain the past two-three weeks I was in and out of ketosis. Now it is very obvious I am in ketosis again.

And - I've already reached my half-way goal. I am now 26 pounds lighter than I was just seven weeks ago. I really can't believe it. This is the best I've felt (emotionally and physically) since starting IP.

I talked to my friends that I'm having a girls day with tomorrow, and we are going to Mongolian BBQ for lunch. Cannot wait - I'll be able to eat a salad (already mixed my own dressing) and pick out my own veggies, meats, oil and spices.

Way to go panda13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ishbel
02-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Way to go panda13!! Have a great time with the girls! :)

gs463
02-19-2012, 09:52 PM

Please have your blood pressure checked. I don't know if you are on any BP meds but this can be a sign of low blood pressure. Hope you feel better soon.

Momto2cs
02-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Wow! 7.5 pounds is fantastic! Way to go!

legacy7
02-19-2012, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=gs463;4222485]Please have your blood pressure checked. I don't know if you are on any BP meds but this can be a sign of low blood pressure. Hope you feel better soon.[/

make sure you are measuring your salt-if you don't get enough that can make your blood pressure go down.

NavyMommy
02-20-2012, 08:37 AM

WTG!!! And JEALOUS on the Mongolian BBQ!! We don't have one around here, and that was always one of my favorite places to eat! You could even use the shredded cabbage to 'simulate' the noodles. Yum!! Enjoy!

Busymomx4
02-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Good morning,

Panda13 - Congrats on the fantastic WI :)

So i made up my mind and will buy my products elsewhere but i will continue with IP...just the idea of switching products is stressing me out. This has worked so well with me that its more important than my coach (who i really don't know how knowledgeable she is with phases 3 and 4).

I did go to the place i started with and i CAN go buy products without seeing a coach so unless there's another clinic nearby that i can go, that is what i will do and will WI at home and will come to this board for any info when going to the other phases. Thank goodness for you guys!

Have a great day everyone :)

Tripmama
02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Good morning 100% OP IPers! Let's keep up the good work and lose lots of weight together this week! Let's do it for ourselves- and maybe a president or two. Lol.

wuv2bloved
02-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Busy, I think you will be just fine without the coach. You have gained enough knowledge here and plus we will keep you updated :)

Ishbel
02-20-2012, 11:08 AM
We're here for ya Busymom...I think it's great they will let you buy the products without having to see someone!

We're here for ya! :)

SewingMomma
02-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Down 1.9 pounds this WI!!!

New Englander
02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Today, and probably every two - three weeks, I don't cook enough veggies to eat. Like today I had 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups and not the two. Will this make a big deal in the big scheme of things? My thoughts are that it won't but I think I'm just looking for peace of mind. Thanks. :)

New Englander
02-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Yah!!! Way to go!!! :)

wuv2bloved
02-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Today, and probably every two - three weeks, I don't cook enough veggies to eat. Like today I had 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups and not the two. Will this make a big deal in the big scheme of things? My thoughts are that it won't but I think I'm just looking for peace of mind. Thanks. :)

I do the same thing, sometimes I get not exactly 2 cups but pretty close to it and then sometimes I get too much. IMO as long as we get pretty close to 4 cups of veggies a day we are in good shape.

DanafromAustin
02-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Have to be totally honest and admit I have never measured my vegetables on this plan. I've never been that worried if I went over the amount since it's only healthy vegetables anyway.

New Englander
02-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks guys! Guess I won't worry about getting the exact amount of veggies all the time. :)

patns
02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
We're here for ya Busymom...I think it's great they will let you buy the products without having to see someone!

We're here for ya! :)

That is great that you can buy the products. I think they really had to be accomodating because it was IPs fault you couldn't continue on at the other place. You will continue to do well on your own.
Pat

SewingMomma
02-20-2012, 07:37 PM
I tried Miracle Noodles tonight. I made "spaghetti" and meatballs for dinner tonight. The noodles are really good. I doubted that I'd like them, but I was wrong. I did rinse until the fishy smell was completely gone. My husband even tried some and said they were good. That's a miracle!

Tripmama
02-20-2012, 07:48 PM

:hug::dizzy: great job :D:D. Keepit up- or down if we are talking weight!

Tripmama
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
I like staying 100% OP just so I can post in this thread!!!!!!
And I like losing the weight that goes with it! Whoot Whoot!

rissimo
02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Good Morning All:

Was out of town this week-end in Atlanta with dd at the National Cheerleading competition. I brought all of my food with me so I would have everything I needed. I had made tuna before I left and brought lettuce leaves to eat it in and also cooked up some hamburger to have my big mac in a bowl. But my sister needed to eat as well, so I carried my bar and shake with me, when we got back to the room I made myself a big salad and then we went out to dinner. Friday night we had mexican, and I got the steak fajita's with just the bell pepper, but they were really skimpy on the bell peppers. Saturday night we went to Red Lobster and I got the Brolied seafood platter with flounder, shrimp scampi and scallops. I had them not season anything, broil me plain shrimp and scallops, then had a side salad and no biscuits, I had the waitress take them away since my sister was not feeling to well and she did not want to eat them anyway.
I'm feeling quite proud that I was able to stay 100% OP. It gets so much easier to order things now to keep it OP.

And I weighed in this morning and I am down another 2.4 pounds!!!!:dance:

Ishbel
02-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Good Morning All:

Was out of town this week-end in Atlanta with dd at the National Cheerleading competition. I brought all of my food with me so I would have everything I needed. I had made tuna before I left and brought lettuce leaves to eat it in and also cooked up some hamburger to have my big mac in a bowl. But my sister needed to eat as well, so I carried my bar and shake with me, when we got back to the room I made myself a big salad and then we went out to dinner. Friday night we had mexican, and I got the steak fajita's with just the bell pepper, but they were really skimpy on the bell peppers. Saturday night we went to Red Lobster and I got the Brolied seafood platter with flounder, shrimp scampi and scallops. I had them not season anything, broil me plain shrimp and scallops, then had a side salad and no biscuits, I had the waitress take them away since my sister was not feeling to well and she did not want to eat them anyway.
I'm feeling quite proud that I was able to stay 100% OP. It gets so much easier to order things now to keep it OP.

:yay: on the WI :)

It's quite empowering to travel on this diet sometimes 'eh?' :D As long as you're planning you're safe! Good for you! :)

Tripmama
02-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Good Morning All:

Way to go! It is nice to know that no matter what we control what goes into our bodies, no matter where we are. I like how mindful I have become about my body. Keep inspiring!

rissimo
02-21-2012, 08:48 AM
:yay: on the WI :)

It's quite empowering to travel on this diet sometimes 'eh?' :D As long as you're planning you're safe! Good for you! :)

Thanks Ishbel, yes it is quite empowerinng! I have finally learned to control the food and not let it control me.

swimcoachmomma
02-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Good Morning All:

great work. Preparation really is the key. I travel with a cooler almost everywhere I go. I have been avoiding mexican restaurants becase the chips and salsa are a big temptation. you have inspired me.

wuv2bloved
02-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks Ishbel, yes it is quite empowerinng! I have finally learned to control the food and not let it control me.

Great job Rissimo, you have surely gotten it together in this process....you have learned the MAJOR key....YOU are in control!!!:D

rissimo
02-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Way to go! It is nice to know that no matter what we control what goes into our bodies, no matter where we are. I like how mindful I have become about my body. Keep inspiring!

Thank you Tripmama. It has taken me awhile to grasp and get a handle that it it me that is in control, not food. I don't live to eat anylonger, I eat to live.

rissimo
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
great work. Preparation really is the key. I travel with a cooler almost everywhere I go. I have been avoiding mexican restaurants becase the chips and salsa are a big temptation. you have inspired me.

Thank you. Any other time I would have devored several plates of chips and salsa, but you know, they were sitting right in front of me with a bowl of cheese dip as well and I never even noticed them. And I just realized that. See what you can do with a little determination, the reward at the end is what I have my eye on and nothing is going to distract me from that.

Great job Rissimo, you have surely gotten it together in this process....you have learned the MAJOR key....YOU are in control!!!:D

Thank you Lisa, I have learned so much in the past 3 months and still am learning. You have had a BIG hand in this. Thank you for all of your advice!!

rissimo
02-21-2012, 10:43 AM

Thank you Lisa, yes I have learned the Major key.......I AM IN CONTROL!!!!!!!! And I am still learning, and you have a BIG part in this. Thank you for being there with your advice, tough love, and inspirations!!! I hope that one day I will be an inspiration to someone as you have been to all of us. And maybe help them thru this journey, which has been really wonderful so far. I have had several people at church want to do this plan, I made them a copy and told them to read over it and if they decide to do it to let me know and we will get together and I will go over everything with them, but I guess they have decided against it cause I have not heard anything else about it. I do know that one person said that she cannot do it because she does not eat vegtables.

wuv2bloved
02-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Thank you Lisa, yes I have learned the Major key.......I AM IN CONTROL!!!!!!!! And I am still learning, and you have a BIG part in this. Thank you for being there with your advice, tough love, and inspirations!!! I hope that one day I will be an inspiration to someone as you have been to all of us. And maybe help them thru this journey, which has been really wonderful so far. I have had several people at church want to do this plan, I made them a copy and told them to read over it and if they decide to do it to let me know and we will get together and I will go over everything with them, but I guess they have decided against it cause I have not heard anything else about it. I do know that one person said that she cannot do it because she does not eat vegtables.

You have already become an inspiration to so many on here, I just don't think you realize it. Sometimes when I read what you write and am thinking...HEY, I've said that before....lol...Its always nice to see that things you say are heard and repeated. A lot of people have "excuses" not to do the program and its because they are NOT ready. Once they are ready then their story changes :)

wuv2bloved
02-21-2012, 10:56 AM
I shared this in the Daily but wanted to share it here as well, just in case some don't go there.....

Next Wednesday my clinic is having a 'meet and greet', I had suggested this a while back but was never mentioned again so when I went WI last week she said we will be having one on the 29th. So I started going through all of my pictures to make a scapbook to take along with me showing my progress. I sent them all to Walmart.com to be printed because my printer here is only black and white. I get a call your pictures are done. So I get down there, the guy working behind the counter is someone I used to work with at Toys r Us back in early 90's. He said hey to me (thinking he knew me but wasn't sure) I said hi back, he said can I help you? I said I am here to pick up my pictures. He said your name please? I said Terry, you don't know who I am? he said I think so but I am not sure....lol...I said Lisa...he said OMG!!....ya know I was printing your pictures and said this looks like Lisa but then again it does't.....lol...I said it is me, he said WOW.....how much? I said 131lbs he said GEEZE...I knew it was a lot but didn't realize how much....you look amazing. I said thank you with the biggest smile, took my pics and came home. Looking at all of them together I don't even recognize myself in some of them. I NEVER saw myself as big as I was that is for sure. Well that is my NSV, hope everyone has a great 100% OP Day!

GoodEatsandWine
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I shared this in the Daily but wanted to share it here as well, just in case some don't go there.....

Next Wednesday my clinic is having a 'meet and greet', I had suggested this a while back but was never mentioned again so when I went WI last week she said we will be having one on the 29th. So I started going through all of my pictures to make a scapbook to take along with me showing my progress. I sent them all to Walmart.com to be printed because my printer here is only black and white. I get a call your pictures are done. So I get down there, the guy working behind the counter is someone I used to work with at Toys r Us back in early 90's. He said hey to me (thinking he knew me but wasn't sure) I said hi back, he said can I help you? I said I am here to pick up my pictures. He said your name please? I said Terry, you don't know who I am? he said I think so but I am not sure....lol...I said Lisa...he said OMG!!....ya know I was printing your pictures and said this looks like Lisa but then again it does't.....lol...I said it is me, he said WOW.....how much? I said 131lbs he said GEEZE...I knew it was a lot but didn't realize how much....you look amazing. I said thank you with the biggest smile, took my pics and came home. Looking at all of them together I don't even recognize myself in some of them. I NEVER saw myself as big as I was that is for sure. Well that is my NSV, hope everyone has a great 100% OP Day!

Wow! What a fantastic NSV! Thanks for sharing that WUV!

New Englander
02-21-2012, 12:40 PM
My mom told me I look skinny! LOL!!! I haven't heard that in a loooooooooooong time!!! She said from the back I look like one of my much younger nieces!!! I <3 this diet and the support I get from this site!!! WOO HOO!!!

New Englander
02-21-2012, 12:42 PM

Good for you!!! I showed your signature pictures to my DH last night and he said "That doesn't even look like the same women!" I think we all agree!!! Keep it up!!! WOO HOO!!!

Busymomx4
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Good afternoon, hope you're all doing well.

Not much going on here...TOM came yesterday and have major cramps today :(

Put an updated picture of my tattoo for my avatar, tired of seeing all the red around it. Its healing nicely..scab is all gone, skin very dry though so it looks faded a little bit...i'll wait a month or so and if i find it still looks faded i'll go back for a retouch (its guaranteed 6 months if i want a retouch), since the wrist is a spot that gets rubbed a lot...fading is common there.

wuv2bloved
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
My mom told me I look skinny! LOL!!! I haven't heard that in a loooooooooooong time!!! She said from the back I look like one of my much younger nieces!!! I <3 this diet and the support I get from this site!!! WOO HOO!!!

LOL.....when Mom and I went shopping when I went home she didn't recognize me down one of the aisles......LOL...THAT was funny!

CassiR
02-21-2012, 01:58 PM
So yesterday I was exhausted and didn't feel like making my dinner nor did I defrost my meat for an evening meal. So I just had a packet with my veggies... is that OK? I know it's an extra $4 but I dont mind if it's OK to do once in a while. :)

GoodEatsandWine
02-21-2012, 02:07 PM
This past weekend I made the waffles for breakfast using the lemon pudding packet and was thrilled how delicious they were! It really foot the bill for carb cravings. The added ingredients call for two egg whites, a pinch each of baking powder, sea salt and nutmeg and about 2oz of water...my egg white question is how many egg whites per day are we allowed?

I really wanted to try the savory waffles for lunch using the chicken soup packet but I didn't want to do anything to make me go off program, so I had them the next day...equally as yum as the lemon pudding waffles!! Funny thing is, before IP didn't even like waffles :D

New Englander
02-21-2012, 02:08 PM
LOL.....when Mom and I went shopping when I went home she didn't recognize me down one of the aisles......LOL...THAT was funny!
LOL! That's great!

GoodEatsandWine
02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
So yesterday I was exhausted and didn't feel like making my dinner nor did I defrost my meat for an evening meal. So I just had a packet with my veggies... is that OK? I know it's an extra $4 but I dont mind if it's OK to do once in a while. :)

This is just my opinion, but I think that's perfectly fine to use a pkt in lieu of your meat. The packets are suppose to have more usable protein and other nutrients that you don't get from 5-8oz of meat. I think I remember reading that the point of the meat meal is so you don't feel left out during family meals or get discouraged because you aren't eating 'real food'.

New Englander
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
This past weekend I made the waffles for breakfast using the lemon pudding packet and was thrilled how delicious they were! It really foot the bill for carb cravings. The added ingredients call for two egg whites, a pinch each of baking powder, sea salt and nutmeg and about 2oz of water...my egg white question is how many egg whites per day are we allowed?

I really wanted to try the savory waffles for lunch using the chicken soup packet but I didn't want to do anything to make me go off program, so I had them the next day...equally as yum as the lemon pudding waffles!! Funny thing is, before IP didn't even like waffles :D
I've read several ppl post on here that their coaches tell them egg whites are "free" meaning if you get hungry "in between" meals it's okay to snack on an egg white. My coach has never said that to me, but then again I've never asked! :)

wuv2bloved
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM

I always keep boiled eggs in the fridge for this. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking so I will just eat 2-3 boiled eggs as my protein with a salad. I would not recommend eating a packet in place of your protein. The amount of protein that is in that meal is needed to make the day complete with the combinations for everything to work properly. I also keep a can or 2 of tuna on hand for this as well.

wuv2bloved
02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
my egg white question is how many egg whites per day are we allowed?

As another poster stated egg whites are FREE, there was never an amount set on how many you can have I don't believe, BUT like everything else that is 0/0/0 use it in moderation. I wouldn't eat like the whole carton or anything, personally I wouldn't have more than 4 a day BUT again this is ONLY MY OPINION!

GoodEatsandWine
02-21-2012, 02:42 PM
As another poster stated egg whites are FREE, there was never an amount set on how many you can have I don't believe, BUT like everything else that is 0/0/0 use it in moderation. I wouldn't eat like the whole carton or anything, personally I wouldn't have more than 4 a day BUT again this is ONLY MY OPINION!

That's fantastic news...for days when I want lemon waffles AND savory waffles!

Tripmama
02-21-2012, 04:34 PM

Is ok occasionally- I had a day like that in my first week- my coach said not to skip the veggies! but if you don't have fresh protien than a IP packet is better than nothing:dizzy:

Tripmama
02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
In the middle of another 100% OP day!

New Englander
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
In the middle of another 100% OP day!
Yah!!! Personally, I love the end of the day after I eat my dinner (another dinner down)...it's like a "woo hoo"...I get to look forward to my chocolate drink (after a nice warm shower) and cozy cozy with my dh and pups watching tv!!!

CassiR
02-21-2012, 07:40 PM
I always keep boiled eggs in the fridge for this. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking so I will just eat 2-3 boiled eggs as my protein with a salad. I would not recommend eating a packet in place of your protein. The amount of protein that is in that meal is needed to make the day complete with the combinations for everything to work properly. I also keep a can or 2 of tuna on hand for this as well.

Thanks Wuv! My coach got back to me and said it's ok to have a packet in place of my meat every once in a while. I did what you said and came home and boiled eggs for days I don't feel like cooking, great advice! :dizzy:

CassiR
02-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Is ok occasionally- I had a day like that in my first week- my coach said not to skip the veggies! but if you don't have fresh protien than a IP packet is better than nothing:dizzy:

Thanks! I still have a few packets I haven't tried yet left over from the free 10-days worth of food from week 1. Every once in a while I may try them and switch it up for dinner :)

Another 100% OP day beats the dust
:dust:

Busymomx4
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Good morning,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Quick question...are you supposed to decrease the amount of water you drink as your weight gets lower? If you count that you should drink 1/2oz for each lb...i should be drinking 95oz but i still drink my 4 liters (128oz) plus a couple of herbal teas (which are ok as they cancel out my coffees). So is it ok to still drink 4l...i really can't imagine drinking less..i'm always so thirsty, lol.

Have a great day!

rissimo
02-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Good morning,

Quick question...are you supposed to decrease the amount of water you drink as your weight gets lower? If you count that you should drink 1/2oz for each lb...i should be drinking 95oz but i still drink my 4 liters (128oz) plus a couple of herbal teas (which are ok as they cancel out my coffees). So is it ok to still drink 4l...i really can't imagine drinking less..i'm always so thirsty, lol.

Have a great day!

Continue on as you are. Here is what I found on water:

http://www.colonhealth.net/free_reports/h2oartcl.htm

SewingMomma
02-22-2012, 11:33 AM
I was craving fruit this week, so I picked up the mango RTD at my weigh in. Yum!!! It's delicious...

wuv2bloved
02-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I agree, I wouldn't change my water intake. My body has gotten used of drinking this much besides I would be lost if I didn't go to the bathroom 1000 times a day....hahaha

Busymomx4
02-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Continue on as you are. Here is what I found on water:

http://www.colonhealth.net/free_reports/h2oartcl.htm

Thank you for taking the time to check it out, that was very interesting. But even according to this, i should only drink about 2 liters... Oh well...i don't think i drink enough to be harmful so i'll leave it at that.

Busymomx4
02-22-2012, 11:37 AM
I agree, I wouldn't change my water intake. My body has gotten used of drinking this much besides I would be lost if I didn't go to the bathroom 1000 times a day....hahaha

LOL you know, i think i've developped a super bladder...i can now go 2-3 hours without going even after drinking lots of water and most nights, i don't even get up...but when i go...watch out!

Ishbel
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Good morning,

Have a great day!

I can't go below 3.4-4 litres a day I'm too thirsty too...I wouldn't get more then that though.

I like rissmo's link...AND you need more water when you're in ketosis. Highly doubt we'll want/need 4 litres a day in maintenance...the metallic taste in my mouth makes it easy for me to drink more then 2.5 litres. :)

wuv2bloved
02-22-2012, 11:51 AM
LOL you know, i think i've developped a super bladder...i can now go 2-3 hours without going even after drinking lots of water and most nights, i don't even get up...but when i go...watch out!

That is how I am as well....I don't go as often but when I do go the flood gate is opened....hahaha

Tripmama
02-22-2012, 12:22 PM

Tell me about it... I am up and down all day at work. Water is gooooood for you.

Tripmama
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I have sooooo much energy today. Loving it. I can really feel my body getting longer and leaner. And I am starting to see shape in my body again. I do get a chuckle at myself sometimes... when gaining weight I was so depressed to see 284.5 on my bathroom scale and now it makes me happy, although I don't plan on seeing that # for long! I know some people are struggling with the cost of the program...trust me cost of anything is always a worry to me (single mom with 3 eighteen year olds going to college in August), so, I am going to give this all I have got and lose as fast as I can, like Navy says no minimum payments! And if I am honest with myself I spent the same amount on "my own food" while gaining weight. Instead of IP products it was Chai Lattes, Bfast burritos, bean and cheese burritos and tortilla chips- atleast 3x a week- and right there that is about $60 a week- and made me feel like crap about 5 minutes after enjoying usually just the 1st bite/sip.

See even my fingers are energetic this morning! Lol

Everyone have a great OP day and lose a pound for me!