Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Default Happy but.. lol?

In January I think I didn't eat enough calories. I was doing the 30 day challenge (intense cardio and strength training) and eating between 1200-1500. The reason it was so low is I was eating super clean but having trouble getting in more than that before the day is done (me, not eating enough food? That's a first).

So since this week was vacation, I ate like a pig (well, between 1400-1900 calories -1900 on one day, but most of it was in the 1500 or above range) but kept the fattening foods to a minimum (when I had fast food, I picked the healthiest choice). I haven't exercised but have been out every day either shopping or just walking around stores, but no actual workouts. I've been drinking my usual 10-12 cups of water a day.

I get on the scale today and I'm down 3lbs for the week, and I remember Friday was usually my down day, so if I skipped some days I'd make sure to weight Friday.
I did take my measurements but they aren't any lower, though I admit I haven't been tracking them since my messed up whoosh in mid-January (which I made a thread about), which showed a significant loss. I think that was all bloat and I am waiting patiently for my measurements to show what I had in the beginning of January, since I feel it was more accurate. It is very very close!

I do have a few questions since I'm confused.

1. Did I lose weight this week because I wasn't eating enough calories before?
2. I didn't eat clean when I lost my first 40lbs, does this mean I work better this way? It sounds weird, but when I eat clean I seem to go nowhere.
3. I am thinking of putting my ticker back up to 190, what do you guys think?

As always, thank you!

Last edited by schubunny; 02-10-2012 at 10:01 AM.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

As someone who's recently been eating super clean myself (I'm halfway through the Whole 30 challenge) I think we retain less water/have less fluctuations on whole foods. Though I've been having a heck of a time getting enough calories in as well (it's so *hard* when you're eating clean!) when I finally did up them in the past couple days, my weight started to go back down.

So I think it's two-fold; less water retention means less fluctuations means less dramatic drops, and also your calories probably need to be a little higher to lose. I don't think eating junk is the answer, much as I sometimes wish it was.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #3  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
As someone who's recently been eating super clean myself (I'm halfway through the Whole 30 challenge) I think we retain less water/have less fluctuations on whole foods. Though I've been having a heck of a time getting enough calories in as well (it's so *hard* when you're eating clean!) when I finally did up them in the past couple days, my weight started to go back down.

So I think it's two-fold; less water retention means less fluctuations means less dramatic drops, and also your calories probably need to be a little higher to lose. I don't think eating junk is the answer, much as I sometimes wish it was.
I'm not eating junk, just not as clean as last month. I think my body is used to how it eats, and when I change it (good or bad) it seems to go haywire. So maybe I should try to find a happy balance between all three!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #4  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Sorry, these days I tend to think of 'junk' as anything with an ingredients list. I didn't mean it as an insult.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I always drop a few pounds of water when I stop intense exercise.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #6  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Sorry, these days I tend to think of 'junk' as anything with an ingredients list. I didn't mean it as an insult.
It's ok, no offence taken whatsoever I just wanted to clear it up, as I wasn't very specific on what I was eating.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #7  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I always drop a few pounds of water when I stop intense exercise.
Do you know if that happens right away or after a few weeks?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Usually within a few days
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote