Ideal Protein Diet - Friday 02/10/2012 IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : Friday 02/10/2012 IP Daily Chat

rissimo
02-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

mtnsun4
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Good morning all! Last night was rough due to an event at my daughter's school. I did not get all my protein in for the day (only 1/2) and I ended up eating a second restricted due to time. Ugh.....woke up this morning and up 1.5 lbs....probably due to water? Not sure. I know I did not get enough water as well. Wasn't intentional. So, ready to rock this plan today. I have a conference all day but I am bringing my lunch. Already had my pina colada drink....yum!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Have a great day everyone!

Ducksmy
02-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Good Morning,Here knowing that everyone will be OP today! Good luck with the WI's. Don't get discouraged! I have my 3rd WI tomarrow! So excited to see!
Hugs!

NavyMommy
02-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Yummo!! Sitting here drinking Wild Mountain Blueberry coffee and indulging in an entire bag (and these are very generous portion sizes) of Apple Cinnamon Puffs. Diet, what diet?

Hubby had a date all planned for us tonight, he is so sweet!! Unfortunately he planned for somewhere where I don't think a single thing on the menu is OP, and I think he saw a look in my eyes when he mentioned it. So, we talked about it, and we have the rest of our lives to go to fancy places like that so I think we're just going to hit up the old fashioned Red Lobster instead, and then maybe go bowling. Plus it will be like 1/4 of the price. I hope I didn't make him feel to badly though, I really tried to let him know how much I appreciated him planning this ahead for us (since we never go out!).

Has anyone been OP at Red Lobster, any tips on what I should order? I was just thinking grilled fish with a double serving of steamed veggies (and a salad), but do they use a lot of extra oil / butter I need to be careful about?

I'm also getting really close to breaking into a new decade on my morning WI's, I really hope this week is the one, but if not it will hopefully be next week.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

nikkib
02-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Yummo!! Sitting here drinking Wild Mountain Blueberry coffee and indulging in an entire bag (and these are very generous portion sizes) of Apple Cinnamon Puffs. Diet, what diet?

Hubby had a date all planned for us tonight, he is so sweet!! Unfortunately he planned for somewhere where I don't think a single thing on the menu is OP, and I think he saw a look in my eyes when he mentioned it. So, we talked about it, and we have the rest of our lives to go to fancy places like that so I think we're just going to hit up the old fashioned Red Lobster instead, and then maybe go bowling. Plus it will be like 1/4 of the price. I hope I didn't make him feel to badly though, I really tried to let him know how much I appreciated him planning this ahead for us (since we never go out!).

Has anyone been OP at Red Lobster, any tips on what I should order? I was just thinking grilled fish with a double serving of steamed veggies (and a salad), but do they use a lot of extra oil / butter I need to be careful about?

I'm also getting really close to breaking into a new decade on my morning WI's, I really hope this week is the one, but if not it will hopefully be next week.

I think Red Lobster would be just fine. I always look over the menu online anywhere I go ahead of time and get a game plan in place. Just tell them you have dietary restrictions and let them know how you want everything prepared (no butter, salt, oils, extra seasonings, steamed only...) I have not had a place yet that has said no to me. I always make sure to tip a little more than normal if they prepare everything right. Most places will even come back within 5 minutes to make sure it is ok. How sweet of your husband! I hope you have a wonderful date night :)

nikkib
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
I posted this in a few other places also because not everyone goes to the same threads every day. I would appreciate it if anyone that takes alternative vitamins would post the what kind, the brand and where they get it. I think Wuv said a few days ago that Walmart Natures Valley has a decent Cal Mag. I have been searching and everything I have found has either way more or not enough of compared to mine. I have found others that are comparable but they are actually much more expensive :( I use alternative for the packets but still use IP supplements.
THANKS EVERYONE :)

New Englander
02-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Good morning all! Last night was rough due to an event at my daughter's school. I did not get all my protein in for the day (only 1/2) and I ended up eating a second restricted due to time. Ugh.....woke up this morning and up 1.5 lbs....probably due to water? Not sure. I know I did not get enough water as well. Wasn't intentional. So, ready to rock this plan today. I have a conference all day but I am bringing my lunch. Already had my pina colada drink....yum!

I woke up one day 1.0 higher because I had my salt intake PLUS a serving (1 tbsp) of soy sauce...I was overly bloated and the 1.00 pound went away the next day after I flushed it out with plenty of water and decreased my salt intake...phew. :) You'll be fine too!!! :)

New Englander
02-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone!!

I'm holding off on Red Lobster until I have my funday...I want to eat their cheddar garlic rolls/bread...so yummy!!! Sorry I'm not answering your initial question about stuff there to eat but I'm sure they'll be able to work with you and give you steamed veggies and fish... Enjoy date night! :)

DanafromAustin
02-10-2012, 09:16 AM

Life happens. As my coach always tells me, "It's better to have two restricteds in a day than go off plan." I'm sure the scale number is water, because you didn't eat enough to really gain weight. Just drink some extra water today, only one restricted and in a day or two the weight will be off again and going down.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and good luck if today is a WI day. Today is my catch up day at home. Other than picking my husband up at the airport (he's a road warrior), I'm staying home and cleaning up around here and watching some movies with my son. My son is homeschooled and sometimes we make Fridays movie day. We just finished reading Homer's Odyssey, so now we will watch it on DVD. Just hope he doesn't want to make popcorn too. ;)

Forgot to mention, my daughter, who is also on IP with me has been plateaued for three weeks now, finally saw the scale move today. She was stuck at 106 lbs with a goal of 100 lbs. Today she is 105 lbs. She credits adding the extra hard boiled egg to her diet (our coaches suggestion).

Icathinme
02-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone!!

You will be perfectly fine at Red Lobster. I went last weekend (twice!) when we were out of town, and one night I had crab legs, salad, and two servings of broccoli, the next night I had grilled shrimp, salad, and two servings of broccoli. I didn't ask or give any stipulations on how to prepare the food, as crab is generally steamed. With the shrimp, I know almost all resturaunts coat their grills with butter, but it's probably not enough to hurt you. I tell you...it's the only restraunt I've eaten at where I didn't feel like I was dieting or get funny looks from the waiter when I ordered! (we go out of town a lot, so we eat out a lot). When I weight Monday morning after we got back, I was down 2.5 pounds, obviously Red Lobster was a good choice! :)

MaMaZu
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
I posted this in a few other places also because not everyone goes to the same threads every day. I would appreciate it if anyone that takes alternative vitamins would post the what kind, the brand and where they get it. I think Wuv said a few days ago that Walmart Natures Valley has a decent Cal Mag. I have been searching and everything I have found has either way more or not enough of compared to mine. I have found others that are comparable but they are actually much more expensive :( I use alternative for the packets but still use IP supplements.

I get mine at Trader Joes, better prices than Walmart.

Beanie Mommy
02-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I agree about Red Lobster. Perfect for staying OP. Salad with oil and vinegar, crab legs or the blackened fish (yum) and a double serving of broccoli worl awesome. And you won't even need special instructions. That's my plan for my birthday dinner next month :)

shalista
02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Couple questions. 1. What is the purpose of the different supplements? My coach didn't explain that. 2. Tips for getting all the water in.

Icathinme
02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I have searched and searched for a muffin recipe using the blueberry pudding packet, and I can not find it!! Could someone please share it here?

galpal445
02-10-2012, 09:55 AM

Yup, happens to all of us at one time or another. You KNOW you didn't eat 5,250 extra calories so the 1.5 pounds isn't a real fat gain. Just keep sticking with the protocol and it will come off fairly quickly. Good Luck!

beckyjo
02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Id tried the vanilla pudding as bread last night it was great. I have never been one to cook different things however since I hav been on this program I have tried alot of different things. I hope everyone has a great OP day and keep your chin up becouse in the end it will be worth it.:D

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Couple questions. 1. What is the purpose of the different supplements? My coach didn't explain that. 2. Tips for getting all the water in.

The supplements are because we are not on a balanced diet, and I am sure there are people here who can break each one down for you.

My tip for getting water in is getting seven 16 oz bottles of cheap water. Then, I use 1 bottle a day and refill it 5 times. I use a sharpie to put a hash mark on the cap each time I fill it, and know that I am done when I reach 6 hashes. I find that 16 oz is easy to chug without feeling waterlogged. 6 bottles of 16 oz is about 3 litres (I think you need 6.3 to be exact). Good luck!

Goldenrod
02-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,
WI #18 last night. I'm down 60.5 total. :carrot:

NavyMommy
02-10-2012, 10:25 AM

I have been taking a prenatal multi-vitamin because I had lots of them around so I figured I would use them up. I'm still using the IP Pot/Cal because it was 3 months worth and I haven't run out yet, and the Cal/Mag I got from GNC, just their brand. It was about $8 I think. The only difference is I have to take 3 instead of the 2 IP brand. I usually do 1 with dinner and 2 with my evening snack because I take my Pot/Cal with lunch. HTH!!

You will be perfectly fine at Red Lobster. I went last weekend (twice!) when we were out of town, and one night I had crab legs, salad, and two servings of broccoli, the next night I had grilled shrimp, salad, and two servings of broccoli. I didn't ask or give any stipulations on how to prepare the food, as crab is generally steamed. With the shrimp, I know almost all resturaunts coat their grills with butter, but it's probably not enough to hurt you. I tell you...it's the only restraunt I've eaten at where I didn't feel like I was dieting or get funny looks from the waiter when I ordered! (we go out of town a lot, so we eat out a lot). When I weight Monday morning after we got back, I was down 2.5 pounds, obviously Red Lobster was a good choice! :)

YUM!! I didn't even think about crab legs. Plus they're always just steamed so I won't have to worry about butter/oil. Thanks for the suggestion, now I'm even more excited.

Pamelama
02-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone,

:carrot::carrot:

Whoo hoo! Congratulations! That's amazing!

le506
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM

I have a 32oz nalgene bottle- I know that I have to finish one full before 2pm (even if its chugging it at 1:30) then have until bed to finish it's refill- When I have about 1.3 of the bottle left each time I squirt a little MiO in it for a "reward"

le506
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
I have searched and searched for a muffin recipe using the blueberry pudding packet, and I can not find it!! Could someone please share it here?

someone else's recipe:

MUFFINS from Pudding
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.
If you are making the cakes in a muffin tin, fill the empty muffin "holes" with water so that the cakes bake evenly.

le506
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Day 8 and I had my first IP related dream last night.
something was happening and I looked down to see that I was almost finished eating a huge piece of Buttermilk pie. I spit what was in my mouth out and felt so guilty and just kept thinking "I didn't even know I was eating it". I woke up for a second and heart was racing. I was so mad at myself:dizzy: I managed to go back to sleep but then dreamt that my in-laws came over while I was sleeping and started cleaning up my house and going through our mail....
don't know which of the two were worse!

parislady40
02-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Today is actually Day1, but I have been upping my water in preparation. Not really a water lover, but this was easier than I expected. My problem is that I am in the bathroom more than I can count. I have been upping the water for about a week now. How long before I can feel safe enough not to have to know where a bathroom is....;).

MaMaZu
02-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Good Morning-
Officially lost 20 pounds, yeah me!! Tiny weight loss this week, down .5 pounds, and my fifth weighin. One-hundred percent on plan though, so will keep moving forward!
Another gorgeous sunny day in San Diego, enjoy!

EmilySebetka
02-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Atkins RTD mocha latte drinks are delish. Anyone know if EAS makes a flavor similar to that? And where I could find it? Target only seems to have choco and vanilla, and the vanilla was so strong it was like drinking pure coffee creamer. Blah.

I feel better today. I know now that I've been dying of tiredness from the extra carbs from the bars I've been eating. I luckily had some extra restricted bars left over from IP and have been eating those at night. Its amazing how just 5 extra carbs has made me feel so poopy. Is this how I felt everyday previous to IP when I was having 300-400g of carbs daily???

Wow... the average American has 300-400g of carbs a day. It blows my mind.

100poundfreeway
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
The supplements are because we are not on a balanced diet, and I am sure there are people here who can break each one down for you.

My tip for getting water in is getting seven 16 oz bottles of cheap water. Then, I use 1 bottle a day and refill it 5 times. I use a sharpie to put a hash mark on the cap each time I fill it, and know that I am done when I reach 6 hashes. I find that 16 oz is easy to chug without feeling waterlogged. 6 bottles of 16 oz is about 3 litres (I think you need 6.3 to be exact). Good luck!

I do the same to get my water in I do 6.5 16oz glasses a day! I have the same glass with lids at work home and in the car ever time I polish one off I put a little has on my wrist to keep track and at the end of the day I know I either have to have more or the rest it just bonus :)

100poundfreeway
02-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone,

Way to go!! Happy Dance! :carrot:

MustangMolly
02-10-2012, 11:25 AM

Mio really helps me get in my water. I like the orange tangerine in the morning, makes me think I'm having OJ, for lunch I like the sweet tea. I also enjoy some hot tea that has cinnamon and is sweet enough to be almost dessert like.

100poundfreeway
02-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Day 8 and I had my first IP related dream last night.
something was happening and I looked down to see that I was almost finished eating a huge piece of Buttermilk pie. I spit what was in my mouth out and felt so guilty and just kept thinking "I didn't even know I was eating it". I woke up for a second and heart was racing. I was so mad at myself:dizzy: I managed to go back to sleep but then dreamt that my in-laws came over while I was sleeping and started cleaning up my house and going through our mail....
don't know which of the two were worse!

LOL, arn't they crazy! My first IP dream I was so mad at a skinny little waitress for only giving me a 3oz burger!!! I can have 5 more oz. is all I kept telling her and I woke up so mad still it was embarrasing!

100poundfreeway
02-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Atkins RTD mocha latte drinks are delish. Anyone know if EAS makes a flavor similar to that? And where I could find it? Target only seems to have choco and vanilla, and the vanilla was so strong it was like drinking pure coffee creamer. Blah.

I feel better today. I know now that I've been dying of tiredness from the extra carbs from the bars I've been eating. I luckily had some extra restricted bars left over from IP and have been eating those at night. Its amazing how just 5 extra carbs has made me feel so poopy. Is this how I felt everyday previous to IP when I was having 300-400g of carbs daily???

Wow... the average American has 300-400g of carbs a day. It blows my mind.

As far as I know EAS only has coco, dark choc., strawberry and vanilla! I personally love the strawberry and the vanilla is better than other things I have tried so I'm content and having one right now :)

It's amazing to think we used to abuse our bodies with that many carbs too!

100poundfreeway
02-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Good Morning-
Officially lost 20 pounds, yeah me!! Tiny weight loss this week, down .5 pounds, and my fifth weighin. One-hundred percent on plan though, so will keep moving forward!
Another gorgeous sunny day in San Diego, enjoy!

WAY to go!! Yeah you! ...... enjoy the nice day it's 18 degrees in my neck of the woods and snowing! (our forcasted high today 20!) LOL it's all good I live in MT so I can't expect anything less in February :)

GemIAm
02-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Good Morning,
Got great suggestions for how to handle going to visit my SIL tomorrow - I will take a large lovely salad and a roast chicken! Really excited about seeing Cavalia with my 12 year old - I just hope she doesn't try new tricks on the horses in the pasture afterward : )

TGIF!

sandralosingweight
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM

Hello,

These sheets should help you figure out what to buy.

I am sorry, I would tell you where I get mine, but seriously, I have no idea, since my mom is the one who takes care of buying all the supplements in our home and it differs from months to months what we buy. All I know is that the Calcium Citrate I bought from Costco, and my multi-vitamin also is the Costco (Kirkland brand). For everything else, I don't believe we go by a brand name but more so, by what is cheaper and with the same value (hence using the attached sheets to figure out what we should buy).

Hope that will help you (I know you wanted me to be more specific with what I buy, but I follow the sheets, especially the Supplement Overview one to see how much of everything I should get and do some math and it works for me, so hope it will for you too).

Wayward
02-10-2012, 12:35 PM
I am not going to grab the links again as I have done it about a million times on this forum lol.
My cal/mags I got from Amazon, have to take 2 a day and they were about 300 for $9.00
My multi-vitamin I just take One a day, men's formula and my wife taken the women's formula.
Way cheaper, and I take 2 a day.
For the potassium I say stick with the IP ones as they are 800mg, the most you can get over the counter is 99 by restriction so you would have to take 8 of anything else to get the equivalent, I have bought them in the past but it's a pain to take 8 pills instead of 1.

thin4me
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Good morning
I had difficulty with this one as well. I use "Jamieson" Calcium Magnesium with Vitamin D3. I take 4 at supper and 4 with my evening snack. It seems like a lot but I had compared it to the IP supplements and that was equivalent

I use Centrum Forte for the multivitamin and take 1 at breakfast

3mama
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
My coach said we could take any multivitamin - just take 2 per day.

NavyMommy
02-10-2012, 12:49 PM
YUMMY!!! I finally had the chance today to try my green smoothie with great success. I added a small handful of ice, 1 Vanilla Shake IP packet, 2 c of baby spinach, and about 1 cup of water. It made 24 ounces of smoothie and retained it's bright green color.

I was pleased that it was sweet enough to not need any MiO (I thought it might because I generally added fruit to my green smoothies). You could also try some kind of facsimile with the Mango RTD. I might start doing this some mornings, and cut out my lunch veggies. It's very refreshing and in the hot summer days it would make a great breakfast!

TracyAWC
02-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Had my WI today - first one on phase 2. I was down .6 and very happy about it since TOM is due any minute now :) And down another inch and a quarter - psyched!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

edit - change that to TOM has arrived LOL

Beanie Mommy
02-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Lost 3 lbs for the week. Yay! Was expecting a small loss, but it turned out much better than I hoped.

Have a new incentive/mini goal now. I want to be below 220 by March 15. I want to fit into at least some of my nice work clothes...size 14/16. Starting a new job and want to make a good impression. 16 lbs in 5 weeks seems achievable.

nikkib
02-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the ideas on vitamins everyone! So it seems as long as you get remotely close to what the IP ones are you will be ok. I didn't realize how many people just use a normal multi vitamin. This is good to know. I just wanted to make sure I was getting in real close to what I should be. Wouldn't want any deficiencies down the line because I still have a LOT to lose.

Angelique06
02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
I just wanted to check in, I haven't been on the boards for 2 weeks plus. Our daughter is performing in "All Shook Up" with the Fine Arts High School. So proud of her!! the show is Awesome!!

Happy to say I have stayed OP and have lost 6.5lbs in the last 2 weigh-ins.

Congratulations on all losses & NSV's :carrot:

100poundfreeway
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I just wanted to check in, I haven't been on the boards for 2 weeks plus. Our daughter is performing in "All Shook Up" with the Fine Arts High School. So proud of her!! the show is Awesome!!

Happy to say I have stayed OP and have lost 6.5lbs in the last 2 weigh-ins.

Congratulations on all losses & NSV's :carrot:

So good that you were busy but still stayed OP!! Way to go MOM

100poundfreeway
02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Okay question for you all........ I have seen some people drinking diet coke or diet sprite is this IP OP???

What do your coaches say about soda!? I thought it was a :nono:

DanafromAustin
02-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone,
A BIG congratulations!!! :carrot:

Today is actually Day1, but I have been upping my water in preparation. Not really a water lover, but this was easier than I expected. My problem is that I am in the bathroom more than I can count. I have been upping the water for about a week now. How long before I can feel safe enough not to have to know where a bathroom is....;).

LOL, you won't be safe as long as you chug the water, which you should because it's good for you and weight loss.

beckyjo
02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Okay question for you all........ I have seen some people drinking diet coke or diet sprite is this IP OP???

My coach said it was ok the first week but not after. However they are not soda fans at all. I have done fine without it.

CassiR
02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Lost 3 lbs for the week. Yay! Was expecting a small loss, but it turned out much better than I hoped.

Have a new incentive/mini goal now. I want to be below 220 by March 15. I want to fit into at least some of my nice work clothes...size 14/16. Starting a new job and want to make a good impression. 16 lbs in 5 weeks seems achievable.

First of all- congrats on 3 lbs! Great week!
and as for the incentive/mini goal: YOU CAN DO IT!!
and congrats on the job by the way :)

Momto2cs
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
I add 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 packet to the muffins.

I am down 1 pound this week. Sigh. Sloooow march to the finish line.

But my shape continues to change for the better!

sandralosingweight
02-10-2012, 03:52 PM
My coach said we could take any multivitamin - just take 2 per day.

I am sorry! But you can't suggest to ''just take 2 of any multivitamin'' a day! Some multivitamins have 100% of the daily recommended vitamins in them and taking two would be a lot for your body to handle.

You have to ALWAYS read the labels to see and do the math as of what you should take!

purple sky
02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Has anyone had any trouble with gas or burping after week 4? I know this diet helps with things like acid reflux and within days of starting this program I had no issues but lately I have been having some issues with burping and feeling like all my water is not going down. It's not a big deal but I find it odd that it just started all of a sudden after having no problems. I genuinely feel a lot better than I did in month 1.

GoodEatsandWine
02-10-2012, 04:22 PM

My coach prefers we don't drink diet sodas, to fully give our pancreas a rest but she said if you really feel like you need it, limit it to one a day.

chshedtchr
02-10-2012, 04:32 PM
My coach prefers we don't drink diet sodas, to fully give our pancreas a rest but she said if you really feel like you need it, limit it to one a day.

I used to be a HUGE diet pepsi drinker. I drank at least 8 12 oz cans a day. My coach said I needed to stop but he knew cold turkey would be hard, so I could take a couple of sips each day until I no longer felt the urge to grab one. That was actually easier on me because I knew I could "fall back" on a couple of sips if needed. However, with this diet I realy have not had an urge to drink diet pepsi. In the 4 weeks I have been on this I only drank a few sips 3 or 4 times, and nothing in the past two weeks. I dont even crave it like I did before! Thank goodness for MIO!

Shemsham
02-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Weigh-in #5 and another 3.5 pounds gone. I have figured out if I don't have a small amount of protein at lunch (deducted from my dinner protein of course) my weight loss stalls - as long as I do the lunch thing it keeps on moving down - hopefully this trend continues :-)
~Tammy

le506
02-10-2012, 04:36 PM
man today is s l o w
I fixed a yummy chili stuffed pepper for lunch but haven't thought about dinner yet... whats everyone having?

GemIAm
02-10-2012, 04:37 PM
My coach says "no" to diet sodas (partially because the artificial sweeteners mess with insulin levels). She did say that occasional seltzer or Perrier would be fine (but shouldn't be counted as 8 oz water). I have done well on a "date night" with my hubby as well as a "gals night in" by drinking Perrier with a slice of lime.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slider-happy/lb/278/175/261/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

MustangMolly
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM

After reading the attached file, I will never drink diet soda again! For some time I have debated which is worse for you the sugar or the chemicals, now I know it is the chemicals.

3mama
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
YUMMY!!! I finally had the chance today to try my green smoothie with great success. I added a small handful of ice, 1 Vanilla Shake IP packet, 2 c of baby spinach, and about 1 cup of water. It made 24 ounces of smoothie and retained it's bright green color.

I was pleased that it was sweet enough to not need any MiO (I thought it might because I generally added fruit to my green smoothies). You could also try some kind of facsimile with the Mango RTD. I might start doing this some mornings, and cut out my lunch veggies. It's very refreshing and in the hot summer days it would make a great breakfast!

Sounds great! I can't wait to try it this weekend.

3mama
02-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I am sorry! But you can't suggest to ''just take 2 of any multivitamin'' a day! Some multivitamins have 100% of the daily recommended vitamins in them and taking two would be a lot for your body to handle.

You have to ALWAYS read the labels to see and do the math as of what you should take!

My coach is also a very good MD and I definitely trust her. She explained that a) we are eliminating whole food groups on this diet so are super deficient in some areas and b) our bodies rarely absorb all of a nutrient in a vitamin.

Also if you look at the IP supplement sheet that you linked to earlier you will see that many of the nutrients have WAY over 100% (thiamine has 2,666% for example).

idealpromom
02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Id tried the vanilla pudding as bread last night it was great. I have never been one to cook different things however since I hav been on this program I have tried alot of different things. I hope everyone has a great OP day and keep your chin up becouse in the end it will be worth it.:D

hi there,
could you please post the recipe. thanks!!!

alex1space
02-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Ladies... you should all be jealous. I think I have captured the best man ever.
My fiance told me today that if I wanted to loose weight that was fine with him, but not to try too hard, because (jokingly) he didn't know if he would still like me skinny. :hug:
This made me feel like I was doing IP for ME ... not for him, or wedding pictures.
He knows just what to say to inspire me for ME!!

Anyone else have inspirational boyfriend or DH stories?
I'd love to hear 'em!

GemIAm
02-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks MustangMolly for the diet soda doc!

Love your avatar pic. What area of TV are you in? My sis lives in Red Bank.

sandralosingweight
02-10-2012, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=3mama;4211833]My coach is also a very good MD and I definitely trust her. She explained that a) we are eliminating whole food groups on this diet so are super deficient in some areas and b) our bodies rarely absorb all of a nutrient in a vitamin.

Also if you look at the IP supplement sheet that you linked to earlier you will see that many of the nutrients have WAY over 100% (thiamine has 2,666% for example).[/QUOT

Hello,

You know what? Even before reading your answer, your first post made me think about it and I printed the supplements info sheet and I compared my multi vitamin and indeed it has less than the IP one, so yeah, you are right, I might need to take two instead of one, so thank you for bringing this up, I have to take some time to compare with all the other supplements i take to see if I should add one multi vitamin or not, but I think yes, so again thanks for letting me Know :)

tenniels
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Hello all. It's Friday & I'm getting my hair done tonight so that is good. I should be really happy, but I'm uber focused on the 0.8lbs my scale jumped today (I have been 162 since Monday and stuck there all week and now today up 0.8lb) I have limited myself to weighing once a day, but this really threw my day off. My losses the first two weeks were great and the subsequent two have been not great at all. I started IP exactly a month ago (January 10) so it's not like I can be disappointed with where I'm at. But relative to everyone else's losses and how it's slowed down, I'm not sure how to feel about the coming month. At this rate I won't get very far :( I'm trying to be positive about it all, but I am not succeeding at that either. I hope you guys are having a better start to the weekend.

sandralosingweight
02-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Ladies... you should all be jealous. I think I have captured the best man ever.
My fiance told me today that if I wanted to lose weight that was fine with him, but not to try too hard, because (jokingly) he didn't know if he would still like me skinny. :hug:
This made me feel like I was doing IP for ME ... not for him, or wedding pictures.
He knows just what to say to inspire me for ME!!

Anyone else have inspirational boyfriend or DH stories?
I'd love to hear 'em!

I don't have a specific inspirational story, but I adore my husband he supports me in my weight loss teaching me how to exercise since he is an athlete and knows what he is doing, I just adore him to pieces, and he looks like a Greek God with all his defined muscles, he is an amazing man and I wish I could meet all my ex's and tell them "in your face! Look to what I upgraded to, you losers! Lol

3mama
02-10-2012, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=3mama;4211833]My coach is also a very good MD and I definitely trust her. She explained that a) we are eliminating whole food groups on this diet so are super deficient in some areas and b) our bodies rarely absorb all of a nutrient in a vitamin.

Also if you look at the IP supplement sheet that you linked to earlier you will see that many of the nutrients have WAY over 100% (thiamine has 2,666% for example).[/QUOT

Hello,

You know what? Even before reading your answer, your first post made me think about it and I printed the supplements info sheet and I compared my multi vitamin and indeed it has less than the IP one, so yeah, you are right, I might need to take two instead of one, so thank you for bringing this up, I have to take some time to compare with all the other supplements i take to see if I should add one multi vitamin or not, but I think yes, so again thanks for letting me Know :)

That's what I love about this site! We can all learn from each other. I know that I have learned a ton from so many people.

3mama
02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Hello all. It's Friday & I'm getting my hair done tonight so that is good. I should be really happy, but I'm uber focused on the 0.8lbs my scale jumped today (I have been 162 since Monday and stuck there all week and now today up 0.8lb) I have limited myself to weighing once a day, but this really threw my day off. My losses the first two weeks were great and the subsequent two have been not great at all. I started IP exactly a month ago (January 10) so it's not like I can be disappointed with where I'm at. But relative to everyone else's losses and how it's slowed down, I'm not sure how to feel about the coming month. At this rate I won't get very far :( I'm trying to be positive about it all, but I am not succeeding at that either. I hope you guys are having a better start to the weekend.

Are you weighing at the same time each day and with roughly the same amount of clothes on? Regardless the scale will vary from day to day - it has to do with water retention, sleep, bowels, and all sorts of other variables. I personally weigh almost every day, but don't let the changes affect my mood. Yesterday I was down a pound, today I am up .8 - no big deal it happens. As long as the overall weekly trend is downward I am happy. I personally think you should refrain from weighing everyday if it is going to throw your whole day off. You also cannot compare your wieghtloss to anyone else, especially people who have a lot more than you to lose. Be kind to yourself (and put the scale out of sight)!

alex1space
02-10-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't have a specific inspirational story, but I adore my husband he supports me in my weight loss teaching me how to exercise since he is an athlete and knows what he is doing, I just adore him to pieces, and he looks like a Greek God with all his defined muscles, he is an amazing man and I wish I could meet all my ex's and tell them "in your face! Look to what I upgraded to, you losers! Lol

Sounds like your DH is very similar to mine. I could have written exactly what you wrote!

Tammywhiz
02-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Fabulous ! You must look and feel great .:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Tammywhiz
02-10-2012, 07:48 PM

You have lost 11 pounds in 1 month ! You rock ! Don`t let the scale play with your head. 11 pounds ! Focus on the positive and have a great OP weekend !:cheer:

Specialb
02-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Started IP today. I was starving all day...... After dinner this evening i feel so full it's crazy... I don't like that full feeling. I think I have to change and have the evening snack between lunch and dinner. Just have 96 pounds to lose. I have already lost 74 on a previous weight loss journey. Wish me luck.....

gs463
02-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I had WI#5 today and I am down another 2.3 lbs. It's my TOM so I am very pleased with this loss.

alex1space
02-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Started IP today. I was starving all day...... After dinner this evening i feel so full it's crazy... I don't like that full feeling. I think I have to change and have the evening snack between lunch and dinner. Just have 96 pounds to lose. I have already lost 74 on a previous weight loss journey. Wish me luck.....

I have been on IP for only 9 days. I still remember that starving to overly feeling.
Stick with it for a few more days and it will pass. I promise.
Soon that will but a memory and you will be on your way to your ideal weight!

You have to stay strong for a little while longer! You are SOO worth it!!

shiipa
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Weigh-in #5 and another 3.5 pounds gone. I have figured out if I don't have a small amount of protein at lunch (deducted from my dinner protein of course) my weight loss stalls - as long as I do the lunch thing it keeps on moving down - hopefully this trend continues :-)
~Tammy

That is really interesting. I started adding some protein between breakfast and lunch because i am more hungry then. Glad to hear it might actually be beneficial :D

gs463
02-10-2012, 08:21 PM
~Tammy

I do the same thing. I eat protien at lunch everyday in a salad and deduct it from my dinner protien. No problem so far.

gs463
02-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi Everyone - I'm getting married in 6 months and my plan was to lose all the weight I had to from Jan - March so that I could spend the remaining 3 months planning the wedding. Well.... its Feb 10th and I've been on Day 1 of Ideal Protein everyday since Jan 1st!!! I dont know what to do :( I break my diet every day.. or i'll break it on day 2 or if i'm lucky enough to get to day 3 i'll break it then! I need some serious help :( I need to lose 20 pounds. Ive been 150 since Jan 1st and I want to be 130 by June 1st.

I'm on day 1 again and almost went to Harvey's right now to get a Poutine but realized the car wasnt on the driveway (luckily). So now i'm here trying to avoid the craving. Can someone please help me get past 3 days of this diet!!!

:?:

This really is a "no cheat" diet and the results can be wonderful if you stick to it. Have you considered another plan? Here is what I do. On those days that I feel like I have to have more food I eat a litte bit more protien. It always fills me up and takes away my craving. I always have a couple ounces of protien at lunch and deduct it from my dinner protien. Why don't you make tomorrow a new day and if you are hungry eat a slice of turkey or chicken. That should stop any craving. Good luck.

weddingbells
02-10-2012, 08:32 PM
This really is a "no cheat" diet and the results can be wonderful if you stick to it. Have you considered another plan? Here is what I do. On those days that I feel like I have to have more food I eat a litte bit more protien. It always fills me up and takes away my craving. I always have a couple ounces of protien at lunch and deduct it from my dinner protien. Why don't you make tomorrow a new day and if you are hungry eat a slice of turkey or chicken. That should stop any craving. Good luck.

Thank you! I will definitely try that. Hopefully I can spend the rest of the evening without cheating and tomorrow can be day 2.

omgzitsmiranda
02-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Good evening you guys :)
Sorry I haven't been around much the last couple days I've been super busy with family crap, but anyway.
Just letting you guys know that I'm still 100000000% OP and still going strong! Nervous about my weigh-in Sunday due to the huge one I had last week, but we shall see! :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

alaskastarr
02-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Well I made it through a rough week at work...too many things going on and on top of that there was school and family obligations and yet every day was OP :D YAY!!! I'm so excited to say that.

I went out to to Cattle Company with my hubby last Sunday and had filet mignon and broccoli (we asked them to please not put butter on the steak or anything else and they were very accommodating) and of course a salad. It was tasty and filling and it really was just nice to get out.

The crazy thing about this is that I have had more fat this week (I usually have tilapia or chicken for dinner) and I actually weighed in at 184. That means I had a 4 lb loss!!!! So I am guessing that I just wasn't getting enough fat in before when I had a smaller loss...perhaps...

mtnsun4
02-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks for all of the words of encouragement earlier everyone. I really appreciate it. I have been drinking tons of water today so things will be fine tomorrow.

Today at lunch was hard at the conference. REALLY good food was served for lunch and I couldn't eat any of it except the salad and salmon (which were still good). But, I stayed strong. Very proud of myself.

Have a good evening everyone!

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks for all of the words of encouragement earlier everyone. I really appreciate it. I have been drinking tons of water today so things will be fine tomorrow.

Today at lunch was hard at the conference. REALLY good food was served for lunch and I couldn't eat any of it except the salad and salmon (which were still good). But, I stayed strong. Very proud of myself.

Good job! Things like that are difficult, but it seems to help if you dedicate yourself 100%. So, woohoo :flow1:

chshedtchr
02-10-2012, 10:46 PM

Way to go!!! It is so hard to be in front of that food and not be able to eat it! I just say to myself "what do you want more? That food or to lose the weight? Will that food be good when you step on the scale? " then I drink some water. Doesn't always work but I keep reminding myself of what I want to accomplish keep up the great work!!

tenniels
02-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Are you weighing at the same time each day and with roughly the same amount of clothes on? Regardless the scale will vary from day to day - it has to do with water retention, sleep, bowels, and all sorts of other variables. I personally weigh almost every day, but don't let the changes affect my mood. Yesterday I was down a pound, today I am up .8 - no big deal it happens. As long as the overall weekly trend is downward I am happy. I personally think you should refrain from weighing everyday if it is going to throw your whole day off. You also cannot compare your wieghtloss to anyone else, especially people who have a lot more than you to lose. Be kind to yourself (and put the scale out of sight)!

Yes I weigh every morning with just pj's on. You're right, I should try weighing even less than once per day. It's so hard for me though! Thank you for sharing your words of wisdom, it's appreciated.

You have lost 11 pounds in 1 month ! You rock ! Don`t let the scale play with your head. 11 pounds ! Focus on the positive and have a great OP weekend !:cheer:

Yes, definitely need to focus more on the positive aspect then the more negative ones. I just feel like I'm putting so much into this, I don't want to not be rewarded for it. I really need more patience. I find it so hard to not have my main focus be weight/food/IP related since I started this though. It occupies too large of a chunk of space in my thoughts! Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it :) ANd have a great OP weekend too!

100poundfreeway
02-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm a super lucky girl too my DH makes dinner for him and my 19 mon. old daughter so I can take "care of myself" and not have to worrie, and boy that helps me stay on task so much because I don't have to hurry through dinner to make sure little person has it on time...... I'm starting to enjoy cooking again :) <3

Momto2cs
02-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Was out all night at a food filled party. Stayed op, but am now hungry!
I had a bar earlier, but might need half another to survive the evening!

tenniels
02-11-2012, 02:13 AM
Was out all night at a food filled party. Stayed op, but am now hungry!
I had a bar earlier, but might need half another to survive the evening!

Some days just feel hungrier than others!!!!! I happen to be having a more hungry day myself. Some nights I have to force myself to eat my snack, and others I'm counting down til I can eat it!

Mkssweetie
02-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Help! I finally made it to get a signature! But I have gone over and over to the weight tracker and followed the directions to make one. I have also gone to the control panel and pasted the code in the box and put my weigh in numbers in the big box at the top but whenever I try to save my signature or preview it, I get a message saying it is an invalid file. :devil: It seems so easy but what am I doing wrong? Thanks!