Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #1  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Arrow New to the forum but not new to.....

trying to lose weight. I have tried so so many times in the past to conquer my weight issues but have never succeeded. My weight issues started to come about in the 2nd grade from there I have ballooned I guess you could say. Although I have never hit 300 pounds I have come close in the past and I do not want to ever succeed in doing so. (I'm also not very sure which part of the forum that would fit me best, could I get a little help please? thanks ) I plan to start my exercise routine (mostly walking, I'd like to get into jogging later but small steps first) on Feb. 16th. Until then I am trying to gather information, plan a bit a head, trying things out, just so that I will not overwhelm myself as I have in the past and also another reason is a small health issue (I finally found a doctor willing to listen and to help me *very long story*).

More about me:
I am a mom of two, my stepson is 18 and my son will be turning 9 soon. I have a wonderful husband (but unfortunately, he doesn't understand what I'm going through totally). I am also currently in college trying to muddle my way through.

*Whew* hopefully that all made sense to everyone and I hope it was not too much information on this part of the board. I look forward to meeting with everyone soon, to make a few friends in the same boat, and support as well.

Last edited by Jinxy; 02-10-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC

There are a lot of areas around the boards, so don't be surprised if you find more than one that suits your interests! Feel free to post wherever you're comfortable.

There are support group areas, some based on age, others based on how much you want to lose. If you're following a particular plan, there are specific boards under Diet Central.

There's also a section for Exercise discussions, and also Food and Recipes.

Glad to have you join us on your journey, and I hope to see you around the boards! Best of wishes~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum. As Lovely said there are many different sections on this site to participate in. If you have a large amount to lose you may try the 100lb forum, it is very active, however, where every you chose, you will get a ton of support on this site.
Best of luck to you. We will be here cheering you onto goal.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #4  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Thanks Lovely and NEMom (btw I like the quote in your signature "Weight Loss does not take Perfection. It takes Persistence." That is so very, very true. ) I think I may check out the 100lb forum thanks for the tip. I saw a few others I may fit into as well.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote