General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/0/130

Height: 5'5"

Default What can I expect?

Sorry for jumping in when I have been gone from the site for so long. Anyway, a couple of years ago I used Ideal Protein to drop around 30lbs. I've since gained it back and the scale is continuing to creep up. I read the book Diet ReHab and want to follow it, but I am terrified that if I change anything I'll just gain more.

Typically in a day I don't eat any real meals all day until dinner. I usually just eat terrible processed snack food if I get hungry. Like a pkg of those cheese and peanut butter crackers, or a candy bar or something. Its not overall a lot of calories. This habit started because I found myself still hungry after meals all the time and was eating soooo much. I'm not as hungry all the time if I eat like this and then usually have dinner with my family. chicken breast, pasta/rice/bread that sort of thing. I really don't eat any veggies aside from corn and potatoes b/c I HATE them.

Diet Rehab relies on 3 meals 1-2 snacks, all with good brain balancing nutrition to slowly cut out high sugars and fats. Which I crave both of all the time. The thing though that is preventing me from even starting is fear that if I start eating full meals I'll still be so hungry to snack and then just gain even more then I already have.

It doesn't help that I am a very picky eater. I hate veggies and a lot of fruits (even ones I used to love) I don't eat anymore because they are so sour to me. Texture and taste that aren't appealing to me usually induce my gag reflex, which is awful. It's incredibly sensitive. I don't even know how to eat well, when I can only tolerate so little!!

Can anybody give me some advice, info, anything? I know that what I'm doing is unhealthy, I just don't know how to get on the right track.
jen1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #2  

Go back to IP! Its always there and takes away any cravings you might be having.......and also will force you to love vegetables which we all should be eating anways! Good luck to you!
2leftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote