Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/9/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/9/2012

NavyMommy
02-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

NavyMommy
02-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Good Morning!!

Wow, it sure is quiet around here this morning!! I hope everyone is doing well. Busy day ahead for me, but prepared and ready to go with IP. I love all the energy I've got since I started IP. This morning I needed to go to the store, and instead of packing the kids in the car, decided we would just walk. Trust me, even though it's not far this is something I never would have done prior to IP.

Also planning on trying a 'green smoothie' for lunch today. This nasty case of laryngitis is still hanging on and I just don't think I can eat my typical 2 cups of raw veggies with lunch. I think I can get a similar effect with 2 c. Spinach, the Vanilla Shake packet, ice, and maybe a little MiO for fruit flavoring. I used to have a green smoothie every morning for breakfast so hopefully this will fill that craving.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Beanie Mommy
02-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Good Morning!!

Also planning on trying a 'green smoothie' for lunch today. This nasty case of laryngitis is still hanging on and I just don't think I can eat my typical 2 cups of raw veggies with lunch. I think I can get a similar effect with 2 c. Spinach, the Vanilla Shake packet, ice, and maybe a little MiO for fruit flavoring. I used to have a green smoothie every morning for breakfast so hopefully this will fill that craving.

Good Morning!

Hope you feel better soon. Your green smoothie sounds delicious. Will need to try that sometime.

WI #6 will be tonight. I'm not too optimistic for a big number, but I'll take what I can get. Might try going off restricted foods next week if WI isn't so great. Wish me luck!

Have a great day, everyone!

Kellym1021
02-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning!

Hope you feel better soon. Your green smoothie sounds delicious. Will need to try that sometime.

WI #6 will be tonight. I'm not too optimistic for a big number, but I'll take what I can get. Might try going off restricted foods next week if WI isn't so great. Wish me luck!

Have a great day, everyone!

Good luck with your WI! I am on day 4 today, so far so good!! I am still getting some headaches but am drinking lots of water and doing the sea salt so hopefully they subside! I have also cut down a lot of coffee,so I am sure that has something to do with it!

Hope everyone has a great day!! :D

beckyjo
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I am ready for a new day. I was very hungry yesterday don't know why however I was 100% OP. I have been using sweet n low in my lemon water is that a problem? I only do it once a day as a little treat. I did try the cereal pancake and it was very good. I am hoping to do a little exercise tonight and get back in the swing of things not that I did alot before but I did do some. Have a great IP day.:flow2:

Katiedela9
02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Goodmorning all!!! Tried the Kale Chips last night....they were a hit with EVERYONE, and I think my husband and three boy's are pretty picky! Hope everyone has a great OP day!

After4yrS
02-09-2012, 11:04 AM
GM have a great OP day!

thin4me
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Good morning everyone

Patns I had a good laugh at wrestling over the protein drinks at costco, course neither one of us would recognize each other - I'm not as hairy as my photo shows... ha ha. Have you ever found the vanilla drink at costo? I'm up at 5:20am but wait until 8am to have my protein shake, If I had it any earlier I'd be starving way before snack time - wonder if I should try having it within 30 mins....

Vamprist I hope the protein drinks are helping with the weight loss, if you look at my ticker I have been loosing and finding the same pounds for the last month and have been 100% so the average definately isn't exciting but I'm truly happy that it is moving down. I'll keep you posted.

This week I'm going to do 100% alternatives even though I still have IP stock at home, just want to see what next weeks weigh in will bring

Have an awesome Friday everyone - oops guess that only implies to the people working 4-10's :)

3mama
02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Good Morning!!

Wow, it sure is quiet around here this morning!! I hope everyone is doing well. Busy day ahead for me, but prepared and ready to go with IP. I love all the energy I've got since I started IP. This morning I needed to go to the store, and instead of packing the kids in the car, decided we would just walk. Trust me, even though it's not far this is something I never would have done prior to IP.

Way to go on walking to the store! I would be interested to hear how the green smoothie works out. Sometimes I just can't stomach the thought of more veggies, so that might be a nice option.

Samba
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Well, it has been 1 week on IP and 8lbs down!! I feel really good too. My old knees have been bothering me though and they remind me that losing the extra weight is so important if I want to keep doing the things I love.

I read somewhere on the forums that using a lot of the allowed sweetener can slow weight loss. Is this true? Flavored water is tasty as in the Propel drinks. I have a carb addiction for sure. Hot tea with sweetener really helps me with wanting sweets. I guess I am just delaying swithching away from the sweet crave, but it has helped me stay OP.

What do you guys know about all that?

DanafromAustin
02-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I am ready for a new day. I was very hungry yesterday don't know why however I was 100% OP. I have been using sweet n low in my lemon water is that a problem? I only do it once a day as a little treat. I did try the cereal pancake and it was very good. I am hoping to do a little exercise tonight and get back in the swing of things not that I did alot before but I did do some. Have a great IP day.:flow2:

My coach only allows Stevia, because it's natural, but once in awhile I will have Splenda. I would definitely stay away from Sweet n'low because of the aspartame.

nineonline
02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello All,

Does anyone know if coaches have a SRP for their products? Can they pretty much charge whatever they want or does there have to be some consistency? None of my invoices are detailed and I want to make sure I'm not getting gouged - I paid $30.57 for a box of 7 cookies n cream bars. Does anyone have a price list? or know of where one could be online?

Also, is the maple oatmeal a restricted item?

Have a super day!

Wayward
02-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Stay away from aspartame... splenda and stevia are fine.

Beanie... not having restricted snacks does not help, it hurts if anything.
I had a restricted EVERYDAY I was on the diet.
Wuv has had them since the beginning as well.

There are all these myths that people say you have to or don't have to do to make it better.
I try to bite my tongue and not say much when it comes to them but the restricted thing comes up so much.

Just ask if you aren't sure or if you are thinking of trying something.
But then wait for the input to see what has worked for others.

As usual, this is all just my opinion and based on my experience.

le506
02-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Goodmorning all!!! Tried the Kale Chips last night....they were a hit with EVERYONE, and I think my husband and three boy's are pretty picky! Hope everyone has a great OP day!

I burned my kale chips last night :cry:

In response to the Cauliflower Popcorn questions from yesterday

GLOMOR: I left some to get cold, they got a little chewy, so I think you could make them before you go and be fine but I wouldn't make them hours and hours before

GRASSFEDBEEF: they are not crunch, its a cross between chewy and "melt in your mouth"

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello All,

Does anyone know if coaches have a SRP for their products? Can they pretty much charge whatever they want or does there have to be some consistency? None of my invoices are detailed and I want to make sure I'm not getting gouged - I paid $30.57 for a box of 7 cookies n cream bars. Does anyone have a price list? or know of where one could be online?

Have a super day!

Oatmeal is restricted...as far as the prices go the clinic buys it at a certain price, there is a recommended price to charge but each clinic can charge differently.

lessjigglyjillian
02-09-2012, 12:09 PM
nineonline,

Clinics must be able to pick their prices. For 7 of the same bars at my clinic, it's $27. And yes, Maple Oatmeal is restricted!

Jag23
02-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Whistle Blow! I wanted to be 157 when I left for Mexico and this morning I am 156.8 lbs...........I love this program,and I'm on Cloud Nine.........See you all in 3 weeks and keep up the great work,itss does work and it just makes you feel wonderful

3mama
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Whistle Blow! I wanted to be 157 when I left for Mexico and this morning I am 156.8 lbs...........I love this program,and I'm on Cloud Nine.........See you all in 3 weeks and keep up the great work,itss does work and it just makes you feel wonderful

Congrats! Have a fabulous trip!

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Good morning all!! WI two was this morning and I'm down 3 more pounds to total is 9.5!! Wooo Hooo I'm all good with that :dance:

AND dinner last night was AMAZING! I had 1c. turnip fry's with Mrs. Dash cajon seasoning, a salad with my other 1c. veggies and some WF dressing and two 4oz elk burgers with a pc. of Veggie cheese and yellow mustard!!!! LOVED it! It was like having a cheese burger, frys and a salad. I'm not sure however if the veggie cheese is a vegie, or what to count that as but it was the first time I had cheese subsance in TWO weeks so I was in heaven!!!! Thanks for who ever mentioned it so I could have a cheese fix!!!

Kale chips tonight! :D:D

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Good Morning!!

GREAT JOB for waling to the store! How many kiddo's do you have?

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Good luck with your WI! I am on day 4 today, so far so good!! I am still getting some headaches but am drinking lots of water and doing the sea salt so hopefully they subside! I have also cut down a lot of coffee,so I am sure that has something to do with it!

Hope everyone has a great day!! :D

Hang in there headaches will go away!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Good morning all!! WI two was this morning and I'm down 3 more pounds to total is 9.5!! Wooo Hooo I'm all good with that :dance:

AND dinner last night was AMAZING! I had 1c. turnip fry's with Mrs. Dash cajon seasoning, a salad with my other 1c. veggies and some WF dressing and two 4oz elk burgers with a pc. of Veggie cheese and yellow mustard!!!! LOVED it! It was like having a cheese burger, frys and a salad. I'm not sure however if the veggie cheese is a vegie, or what to count that as but it was the first time I had cheese subsance in TWO weeks so I was in heaven!!!! Thanks for who ever mentioned it so I could have a cheese fix!!!

Kale chips tonight! :D:D

Great job on the WI...congrats!...as far as the veggie cheese goes, my coach said its just an added bonus :) if you have only ONE slice....not if you have the whole package then that would be different....lol

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 12:22 PM

Have you tired Mio...... it was the only thing my dr said was okay and it's quite yummy I allow myself to have it twice a day 1/2 serving in two different glasses of water (16 oz glass) it helps me get my water in!

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Great job on the WI...congrats!...as far as the veggie cheese goes, my coach said its just an added bonus :) if you have only ONE slice....not if you have the whole package then that would be different....lol

Oh perfect that's what I like to hear! I was a good girl and did not give in to temptation of the whole pack ;) I did however have two slices one on each burger and I knew that was a one time only thing! But boy was I a happy camper! :D

beckyjo
02-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Have you tired Mio...... it was the only thing my dr said was okay and it's quite yummy I allow myself to have it twice a day 1/2 serving in two different glasses of water (16 oz glass) it helps me get my water in!

I havn't tried it but I guess I will put it on my grocery list this week. Thanks

Wayward
02-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Just to reiterate, I use Mio throughout the day and always have.
I have one to 2 glasses of it at work and I have about 4 to 5 bottles with Mio at night, never had a problem with it.

Grats to everyone on their losses this week!

As for pricing, yes it is up to the clinic, I know exactly how much clinics pay, but if you look at the big picture and compare it to what we used to pay to eat out etc. it still suffers by comparison.
It's just hard to spend that much in one shot and walk out with 3 tiny boxes lol.
For those of us with 2 on program it's double each week.
Luckily I haven't had to buy anything since I went into maintenance, I am still drinking my cappuccino each day for lunch and actually had one for breakfast this morning but I had that many extras from when I was on phase 1 :)
I told you I would never run out again after the time they ran short on my flavor one time lol.

Katiedela9
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
I burned my kale chips last night :cry:

In response to the Cauliflower Popcorn questions from yesterday

GLOMOR: I left some to get cold, they got a little chewy, so I think you could make them before you go and be fine but I wouldn't make them hours and hours before

GRASSFEDBEEF: they are not crunch, its a cross between chewy and "melt in your mouth"

You will definatly have to try to make them again.....they are so worth it.

Also have to agree with the melt-in-your mouth cauliflower popcorn!;)

sandralosingweight
02-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I know that WUV would ''kill'' me for saying this, but I only lost 1 pound this week, it is less than what I usually lose, but I guess I ate more of the starchy veggies than I usually do, I ate more of cauliflowers, turnips, broccoli than spinach, cucumbers and lettuce.

This week, I am gonna emphasize on eating lots of lettuce and eat more cucumbers and more green salads than roasted veggies, I think it would make a difference.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Katiedela9
02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Hello All,

Have a super day!

They must be able to pick there own prices...at my clinic for a box of food it's $27, or $4 for individual packets.

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
I know as well how much the cost really is and its kinda scary at some of the pricing that goes around. You can find the MIO with the other "koolaid" type products. If you shop at Wal Mart, they now have their own flavors which are really good as well and usually are $1 cheaper than MIO. Average price for MIO down here in Mississippi is $3.79 and the walmart brand is $2.78....these are some of the flavors.......
MIO
Orange Tangerine
watermelon/kiwi
berry/pomgrante
black cherry
green thunder
peach tea
sweet tea
fruit punch

Walmart brand
cherry lime aid
grape
orange
tea
lemonaide

These are the ones that I have tried with both products and they taste the same :)

Pamelama
02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Had a lovely "tea smoothie" this morning. Made a cup of Chamomille Honey Vanilla tea (Celestial brand) with 10 oz water. Let it cool. Put IP Vanilla Pudding in blender with tea, 4-5 ice cubes. Tastes so nice! Really enjoying it!:D

Momto2cs
02-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I have tried cutting the carbs and adding more carbs and in the end I do t see any overall difference.

Most days I have cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli and mushrooms.

Adding a bar instead of a pudding has made me happier and the scale seems to agree.

The differences incarbcount for the various veggies is so small overall that it probably won't make much difference. But,eat things you like! Otherwise the risk of temptation is too high!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I know that WUV would ''kill'' me for saying this, but I only lost 1 pound this week, it is less than what I usually lose, but I guess I ate more of the starchy veggies than I usually do, I ate more of cauliflowers, turnips, broccoli than spinach, cucumbers and lettuce.

This week, I am gonna emphasize on eating lots of lettuce and eat more cucumbers and more green salads than roasted veggies, I think it would make a difference.

Hope everyone is doing great.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Not going to say a word

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
Is all I am going to say

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
Your thoughts

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
You should be happy its a loss

sandralosingweight
02-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Not going to say a word

Is all I am going to say

Your thoughts

Hehe :) I am sure happy it is a loss, but I was more thinking about reaching Onederland! And this is why I was disappointed cause Onderland is a big deal for me :)

Ducksmy
02-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Happy Noon time everyone!
HAving a great OP day! Can't wait to see what the scales say on Saturday! Everyone is right a loss is a loss BUT....just like Sandra I want Onederland so badly! This diet is great and really teaching me how to eat..... it is however hard and not for the wishy washy. I have a great diest buddy and all of you guys to keep me positive!
Blessings everyone !

lkp888
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Had a lovely "tea smoothie" this morning. Made a cup of Chamomille Honey Vanilla tea (Celestial brand) with 10 oz water. Let it cool. Put IP Vanilla Pudding in blender with tea, 4-5 ice cubes. Tastes so nice! Really enjoying it!:D

This sounds yummy!! Going to try this with my lunch today, great idea Pamelama! Have a great IP day!

salmongirl
Good morning everyone! I can understand wanting to get to onerland and feeling impatient to get there. My scale always seems to stick before a number that is important to me too! You will get there, you have done so well so far.
I got out of the 40's today and begin my downward journey toward the 30's! Funny that things that make me happy!
Everyone have a good day!

wuv2bloved
Well everyone wants to see onderland if we are in the two hundreds but it takes TIME and patience...YOU WILL GET THERE!!!!...besides its ONLY a NUMBER.....its how you FEEL that matters!!!!!!!!!

lkp888
02-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Good morning everyone! I can understand wanting to get to onerland and feeling impatient to get there. My scale always seems to stick before a number that is important to me too! You will get there, you have done so well so far.
I got out of the 40's today and begin my downward journey toward the 30's! Funny that things that make me happy!

I know how you feel, I so badly wanted to move to the 170's and I didn't have a loss this week but I did lose inches, but i know I will get there soon enough. Have a great day! ;)

Momto2cs
It would be so great to be able to convince myself that the number is not so important.

I so want to see 145 on the scale...but I know that even at 150 I look good and am smaller today than I was when I was 25 and weighed 135. Muscle does make a difference!

But I still am fixated on the scale...

3mama
Hehe :) I am sure happy it is a loss, but I was more thinking about reaching Onederland! And this is why I was disappointed cause Onderland is a big deal for me :)

Just keep on keeping on and you'll get there!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I am borrowing this from Steve on FB...it is sooo true....

‎"Nothing is so unpopular as positive change amongst friends. People who lack the clarity, courage, or determination to follow their own dreams will often find ways to discourage yours. It seems when you change for the better, the people around you will be inspired to change… But only after trying their hardest to make you stop. Live your truth and don't EVER let anyone dilute your power to change!" - Steve Maraboli

newmom7611
02-09-2012, 01:15 PM
ok ok ok... so for all the impatient(s) here... i was there 4-5 weeks back. i was SO happy to see 159 on the scale and was timing that I'd be in the 140s in only 2-3 weeks... i was wrong. my weight loss stalled. i was loosing pound by pound each week for a good 3-4 weeks. i did NOT get discouraged and i didn't falter. I knew that regardless HOW the weight was coming off---it WAS INDEED coming OFF! i never cheated and neither should any of you. so last week my weigh- in showed a 3 pound loss... getting me to the lower 150s (finally). well ladies.. that WHOOSH WILL come!! stick with it!!! i lost 4 pounds this week! holy crap. and on top of that, it's TOM. i NEVER lose more than .5 pounds during this time of month. my body is catching up and letting go!! stay strong everyone. this works and you all know it :) what's up 140s :) :)

le506
02-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Yummy discovery today at lunch...
1/3 of a pack of the Dill Pickle Zippers make for GREAT croutons on your salad!

Kellym1021
02-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Yummy discovery today at lunch...
1/3 of a pack of the Dill Pickle Zippers make for GREAT croutons on your salad!

ohhh thanks for the tip I am going to pick some of those up!! I am eating a salad as I type this and missing that crunch!

chshedtchr
02-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I know as well how much the cost really is and its kinda scary at some of the pricing that goes around. You can find the MIO with the other "koolaid" type products. If you shop at Wal Mart, they now have their own flavors which are really good as well and usually are $1 cheaper than MIO. Average price for MIO down here in Mississippi is $3.79 and the walmart brand is $2.78....these are some of the flavors.......
MIO
Orange Tangerine
watermelon/kiwi
berry/pomgrante
black cherry
green thunder
peach tea
sweet tea
fruit punch

Walmart brand
cherry lime aid
grape
orange
tea
lemonaide

These are the ones that I have tried with both products and they taste the same :)

Walmart also has a new one - just picked it up last night-called Energy - Lightning Punch Its not too bad. The label states it has caffeine though - is this good or bad??

rokkerchik20
02-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Good Morning My IP Family!

It has been a while since i have been on - Has been crazy couple weeks leading up to my sisters wedding! Only 23 days to go!! I have been terrible with getting all my veggies in every day, simply bc work is so busy and evenings are crammed with to do lists! Have been feeling really sick all week with TOM! And feels as tho i have gained 10lbs!! havent goten all proteins in, but drinking lots of water! Have my weigh in this afternoon, but not too concerned about the number this week as i know TOM will make it inacurate!

Beanie Mommy
02-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi Wayward,
Thanks for the input. I'll talk to my coach tonight about limiting restricted foods. She might have other thoughts, too. Maybe it'll be one of those days where I don't lose pounds, but inches. I'll try to be patient.

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Walmart also has a new one - just picked it up last night-called Energy - Lightning Punch Its not too bad. The label states it has caffeine though - is this good or bad??

IMO, I would only drink the one with caffeine only once or twice a day

New Englander
02-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Great job to all the successes this week... I Showed up at my appt today only to learn my coach's daughter is sick and she couldn't make it in. Life happens. I was able to pick up my food but no weigh in. It's kind of good 'cause I overdosed on salt yesterday and felt like I retained tons overnight!!! :) Next week SHOULD be a good weigh in week... :)

EmilySebetka
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I just realized today that I don't have to have protein powder twice a day. Phew. I was getting tired of coffee and choco protein powder.

Instead I had scrambled eggs. With a tiddly bit of bell peppers. And a 3oz slice of ham stuff. So...I am satisfied!!!

I can't wait until my new stuff gets here!

northernfawn
02-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Hello All,

Have a super day!

I phoned around to find out what all the clinics in my area charged and whether they sell individually or by the box. I found quite a variety of options out there, there is a Recommended Retail Price ($3.76 each or $27 per case in Canada) also note that some of the items are priced a little higher such as the ready made pudding and RTD shakes: BUT clinics can make their own mark-ups over and above that. I switched clinics a few weeks ago and have saved a bundle, and I also now have a coach that I can really relate to as well

GemIAm
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Good Morning!

I have been on IP for 4 weeks (& -18 lbs Yay!). I have survived dining out with my family. This weekend my daughter & I are going to visit relatives near Seattle...any good advice on how to survive visiting family? I thought about bringing grilled chicken and lots of salad stuff with me (to share of course).

Would love to hear tips/tricks/ideas!

Jenboss
02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Well today is my birthday and with that comes the stress of going out. My friends are taking me out and keep telling me I have to celebrate with at least one drink. I keep telling them that no I don't - frustrating sometimes that they just don"t get it :(
I will stay strong ( as I did last weekend) and survive with my lemon water! I just wish they would stop pressuring me. Lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks and feel the best I have felt in a long while!
Have a great day!

Momto2cs
02-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Happy birthday. Dont let others sway you. Decide what you want to do!

Enjoy yourself your way. Congrats on your loss so far!

fantabulousbrit
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
I am addicted to the kale chips! Best thing I found since starting IP

rissimo
02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Well today is my birthday and with that comes the stress of going out. My friends are taking me out and keep telling me I have to celebrate with at least one drink. I keep telling them that no I don't - frustrating sometimes that they just don"t get it :(
I will stay strong ( as I did last weekend) and survive with my lemon water! I just wish they would stop pressuring me. Lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks and feel the best I have felt in a long while!
Have a great day!

:bday2you::gift::woo::hb::celebrate:

Stay strong, you can do it!!! There is nothing wrong with lemon water. And if I'm not mistaken, last month Wuv posted some IP friendly drink reciepe's on here that sounded really good that a bar tender friend of her's made for her.

JKfromIL
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Wi today and another 2.6 lbs gone! Bought the new potatoes and lemon puffs. I tried the puffs and they are yummy!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Good Morning!

I have been on IP for 4 weeks (& -18 lbs Yay!). I have survived dining out with my family. This weekend my daughter & I are going to visit relatives near Seattle...any good advice on how to survive visiting family? I thought about bringing grilled chicken and lots of salad stuff with me (to share of course).

Go with an open mind, you know what you can have and what you can't, make the right decisions and you will be glad that you did. And you will know that YOU have control now :)

Have a great day!
They are not REAL true friends if they are going to pressure you into having ONE drink. A true friend would accept the fact that you are trying to be healthy and support you in your efforts. Remember YOU CONTROL your actions!!... I will look to see if I can find the recipes I have for drinks...Happy Birthday by the way :)

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Mojito Cocktail:
1 cup of Perrier
1 cup of Tap water
Sprinkle splenda to taste
3-4 leafs of fresh mint
1 splash of Mint Extract
3 splash of Rhum Extract
Lemon juice

Mix all this together with ice. This really taste like a mojito!

2 splash of banana extract
1 splash of coconut extract
1 splash of rhum extract
2-3 lemon slice
1 cup Perrier
1 cup tap water (well you can only put Perrier if you want)

Mix all this together with crushed ice, add splenda if you want, and it taste like Bahamas!!

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Funny this came up today! I was thinking this morning is there no Alcohol we can have? Like with water or something? I'm not and wasn't a heavy drinker but I was wondering about Gin or Vodka? I guess it's the calories in them, they do have calories right? I'm all good with water but was wondering if I was giving up my occasional summer drinks too :) it will be worth it if next summer I can wear shorts and tank tops and not be embarrased :D

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Have a great day!

Happy Happy Birthday!! Stay strong!! You can do this!! :bday2you::bday2:

sback104
02-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Can you tell me where I can find recipes using alternitive packets?

KountryGirl4ever
02-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm attending an IP workshop next week but in the meantime I'm trying to find a good list of carb free foods / recipes... I'm thinking this site might be a good resource... Can anyone direct me or provide a list?!

I'm in my early 50's, very active socially, but am about 40 lbs overweight. Like everyone else am desperate to drop the weight, but I will be closely monitored due to a genetic blood disorder, as I was lucky enough to live through multiple pulmonary embolisms last year; therefore, I am monitored by our local hospital's outpatient dept bimonthly and have been advised I may not be able to take all the supplements until I provide a list of supplements and vitamins. It's a struggle to balance my intake of Vitamin K, which contributes to the metabolism of the blood thinners, but I'm sure that the diet won't be an issue; but, I'm not as sure of the vitamin supplements. Any info would be greatly appreciated! THX

nineonline
02-09-2012, 03:41 PM
nineonline,

Clinics must be able to pick their prices. For 7 of the same bars at my clinic, it's $27. And yes, Maple Oatmeal is restricted!

Thanks. My cost includes tax does yours? Do you know the price you pay for the milkshakes (pkg of 6) or the puddings (box of 7)

nineonline
02-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Funny this came up today! I was thinking this morning is there no Alcohol we can have? Like with water or something? I'm not and wasn't a heavy drinker but I was wondering about Gin or Vodka? I guess it's the calories in them, they do have calories right? I'm all good with water but was wondering if I was giving up my occasional summer drinks too :) it will be worth it if next summer I can wear shorts and tank tops and not be embarrased :D

Vodka has no calories or carbs, I do vodka and crystal lite. I don't do Gin because I don't like it but I think it maybe no cal as well.

mamatotwo
02-09-2012, 03:47 PM
**Edited version

I just made a sandwich with the vanilla pudding and am in love! I feel like I am cheating. (If I am, will someone please tell me ;)! ) I am sure someone out there has done this so I am probably being redundant but oh my gosh, delicious! I used a drizzle of olive oil (probably 1/2 teaspoon) the vanilla pudding mix, italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 egg white, garlic powder, dried onions, salt and pepper. Then mixed in enough water to make a dough. Sprayed a pie plate with Pam and spread the "dough" to form a circle about 5 inches in diameter. Baked it on 350 for about 30 mins (flipping every 5-10 mins) until it was crispy. Removed it from the oven put 2 oz of meat on with some mustard and Yummy!

Goldenrod
02-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Sounds delicious!

nineonline
02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I just made a sandwich with the vanilla pudding and am in love! I feel like I am cheating. (If I am, will someone please tell me ;)! ) I am sure someone out there has done this so I am probably being redundant but oh my gosh, delicious! I used a drizzle of olive oil (probably 1/2 teaspoon) the vanilla pudding mix, italian seasoning, garlic powder, dried onions, salt and pepper. Then mixed in enough water to make a dough. Sprayed a pie plate with Pam and spread the "dough" to form a circle about 5 inches in diameter. Baked it on 350 for about 30 mins (flipping every 5-10 mins) until it was crispy. Removed it from the oven put 2 oz of meat on with some mustard and Yummy!

lol this is the craziest thing I've ever heard and I'm giggling to myself about it - good for you for being so creative! I don't have the nuts to potentially wreck a packet of food by experimenting like this, kudos!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Can you tell me where I can find recipes using alternitive packets?

try the sticky's

mamatotwo
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Forgot about the egg white and a teaspoon of baking soda!

trimup2day
02-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Hello all,

I have the kale chips in oven now for lunch, please can you tell me how to measure them for the 2 cups of veggies? Would it be half of the bunch of kale?

Also, can we use the Morton sea salt or is it best to stick with the Redmonds?

Thanks a bunch, have a great day!!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm attending an IP workshop next week but in the meantime I'm trying to find a good list of carb free foods / recipes... I'm thinking this site might be a good resource... Can anyone direct me or provide a list?!

I'm in my early 50's, very active socially, but am about 40 lbs overweight. Like everyone else am desperate to drop the weight, but I will be closely monitored due to a genetic blood disorder, as I was lucky enough to live through multiple pulmonary embolisms last year; therefore, I am monitored by our local hospital's outpatient dept bimonthly and have been advised I may not be able to take all the supplements until I provide a list of supplements and vitamins. It's a struggle to balance my intake of Vitamin K, which contributes to the metabolism of the blood thinners, but I'm sure that the diet won't be an issue; but, I'm not as sure of the vitamin supplements. Any info would be greatly appreciated! THX

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Hello all,

I have the kale chips in oven now for lunch, please can you tell me how to measure them for the 2 cups of veggies? Would it be half of the bunch of kale?

Also, can we use the Morton sea salt or is it best to stick with the Redmonds?

Thanks a bunch, have a great day!!

just make sure its not bleached sea salt...should be natural sea salt

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 04:06 PM

Now you know you have to rewrite the WHOLE recipe with ALL the ingredients or someone will get confused.....lol

trimup2day
02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
just make sure its not bleached sea salt...should be natural sea salt

Thank you!!!

Hoping to hear about measuring the kale chips? Thanks

CassiR
02-09-2012, 04:13 PM
So today is day 5 for me and I still havent gone into Ketosis. My stomach was growling and I was so weak as I have been the last few days. I woke up angry and I wanted a carb. I didnt care how! I cheated :(
I had a couple wedges of pita bread, corn muffin and washed it down with cranberry juice :'(
I just want to cry now. I feel horrible and I know my coach will be disappointed in me. It'll probably be harder to get into the process of entering Ketosis now and I probably wont come out with a loss for the week. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process and get this junk out of my body? HELP!
:?:

Tripmama
02-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Well, it has been 1 week on IP and 8lbs down!! I feel really good too. My old knees have been bothering me though and they remind me that losing the extra weight is so important if I want to keep doing the things I love.

I read somewhere on the forums that using a lot of the allowed sweetener can slow weight loss. Is this true? Flavored water is tasty as in the Propel drinks. I have a carb addiction for sure. Hot tea with sweetener really helps me with wanting sweets. I guess I am just delaying swithching away from the sweet crave, but it has helped me stay OP.

What do you guys know about all that?

:dizzy: My Coach says to use Pruvia or Stevia- upto 4 packets a day. :carrot:

mamatotwo
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Ok, lets try this again. Recipe for "bread"

1 egg white
1 packet vanilla pudding
drizzle of olive oil (probably less than half a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
garlic powder
dried onions

Mix together then add enough water to make a dough. Spray a pie plate with pam and spread your dough into about a 5 inch diameter circle. Bake on 350 turning every 5-10 minutes until brown and crispy. I cut mine in half and put about 1.5 oz turkey and some mustard and lettuce and ate it like a sandwich. Was almost life changing!

*thinking you could also make this a dessert by adding cinnamon, stevia and maybe some nutmeg??

Tripmama
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM

You are soooooo close- You can do it! and will!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Thank you!!!

Hoping to hear about measuring the kale chips? Thanks

I would just measure 2 cups before its cooked cuz it shrinks....if you measure it after I would do like maybe a cup and a little bit. if you have a little over you will be ok :)

Tripmama
02-09-2012, 04:21 PM
;)So today is day 5 for me and I still havent gone into Ketosis. My stomach was growling and I was so weak as I have been the last few days. I woke up angry and I wanted a carb. I didnt care how! I cheated :(
I had a couple wedges of pita bread, corn muffin and washed it down with cranberry juice :'(
I just want to cry now. I feel horrible and I know my coach will be disappointed in me. It'll probably be harder to get into the process of entering Ketosis now and I probably wont come out with a loss for the week. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process and get this junk out of my body? HELP!

This is a diet that does not work well if you cheat...with that said, since you cheated don't keep cheating the quicker you go OP the quicker into Ketosis.:smug:

trimup2day
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I would just measure 2 cups before its cooked cuz it shrinks....if you measure it after I would do like maybe a cup and a little bit. if you have a little over you will be ok :)

Thank you again Lisa!! They are soooo yummy.

Tripmama
02-09-2012, 04:24 PM

;) Nice Job Salmongirl :carrot:

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 04:24 PM
So today is day 5 for me and I still havent gone into Ketosis. My stomach was growling and I was so weak as I have been the last few days. I woke up angry and I wanted a carb. I didnt care how! I cheated :(
this is going to be tough love so be prepared.......the damage is done....get back OP....nothing you can do to speed up anything. YOU have to be strong and not give in. If you are "weak" from not having carbs or such then you need to eat a boiled egg white or veggies. Your body is detoxing......THIS IS A NO CHEAT DIET.....THIS IS A LIFE STYLE change,.....it will NOT happen over night....question for you? Is that Pita bread, corn muffin and cranberry juice still satisfying you? it was good for what 5 maybe 10 mins then you didn't even remember eating it then realized I cheated and freaked out. What is done is done so move on no use dwelling on it.

Tripmama
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html

You look awesome!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 04:31 PM
You look awesome!

thank you :)

le506
02-09-2012, 04:50 PM

go back and edit your post (bottom right corner) or Wuv is right, somebody will come looking to you to refund them $4 hahaha

Pamelama
02-09-2012, 05:04 PM
This sounds yummy!! Going to try this with my lunch today, great idea Pamelama! Have a great IP day!

Let me know what you think! So many possibilities with flavored teas out there....:)

Pamelama
02-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Vodka has no calories or carbs, I do vodka and crystal lite. I don't do Gin because I don't like it but I think it maybe no cal as well.

Ummmm, hate to break the news.. :( Vodka has 65-75 calories per shot. The " no carb" gimmick was put out by the alcohol industry. Technically in the glass, no carbs. Once you ingest it, and it goes thru your bloodstream, liver, pancreas, your body treats it as a carb. Not good if you're following IP.

segosia
02-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Not going to say a word

Is all I am going to say

Your thoughts

Every week that I don't gain is a success to me! That's where I was before I decided to eat in a more healthy manner! I've been reading Made to Crave, which is teaching me that I'm turning to food for help with comfort, love, anxiety, etc. instead of turning to God. I've been making food my idol.

nineonline
02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Ummmm, hate to break the news.. :( Vodka has 65-75 calories per shot. The " no carb" gimmick was put out by the alcohol industry. Technically in the glass, no carbs. Once you ingest it, and it goes thru your bloodstream, liver, pancreas, your body treats it as a carb. Not good if you're following IP.

lucky me drank it socially about once a week on IP and still lost 20lbs!

segosia
02-09-2012, 05:26 PM

1 egg white
1 packet vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
garlic powder
dried onions

Mix together then add enough water to make a dough. Spray a pie plate with pam and spread your dough into about a 5 inch diameter circle. Bake on 350 turning every 5-10 minutes until brown and crispy. I cut mine in half and put about 1.5 oz turkey and some mustard and lettuce and ate it like a sandwich. Was almost life changing!

*thinking you could also make this a dessert by adding cinnamon, stevia and maybe some nutmeg??

MMMM! This sounds good! I'm afraid to try things that taste good though, because I might think I'm cheating and sabotage myself!

nineonline
02-09-2012, 05:30 PM

eww vodka does have calories, wonder what they're from since there's nothing else in vodka ... I guess I was thinking of crystal lite, min calories but still no carbs

no scientist here but vodka didn't cause me any problems on the plan, every body is different i guess

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
eww vodka does have calories, wonder what they're from since there's nothing else in vodka ... I guess I was thinking of crystal lite, min calories but still no carbs

no scientist here but vodka didn't cause me any problems on the plan, every body is different i guess

Well I guess the answere is nothing is calorie and carb free so no DRINKING? I mean I don't want to cheat and I don't need a drink but if I'm doing this for a year I was wondering if once in a blue moon I could have a drink and still be OP. I want to loose a 100lb's so I guess I will do it sober :D..... I lol because it's not like I'm much of a drinker anyway but once and a while was nice!

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I am happy to share that I've figured out mac & cheese! It doesn't make a lot, it is restricted and it is time consuming, but it's MAC and CHEESE! Ok, here we go:

1 packet plain crepe mix
1 cup WF alfredo sauce
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1-2 tsp Land O' Lakes sharp cheddar seasoning (this will add about 20 calories)
1/4 tsp sea salt for crepe mix
about 1/2 oz water
pepper to taste
pot of boiling water
preheated oven @ 400 degrees
small baking dish (I used 4 inch springform pan)

Pour crepe mix into a bowl, add salt and mix. Add the water to form a thick dough. Take tiny pinches of dough and roll into a small pea. Then, roll into an elongated shape by moving your hands like you are warming them up. Dough should make about 50 of these pieces. Put into boiling water and shut off the heat. Let pieces cure in water for about 2 minutes--they will be floating on the top, it helps to stir them a little. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Mix WF alfredo sauce and seasonings in a small bowl. Add the "pasta" and mix together gently. Use a rubber spatula to transfer to baking dish and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes. :dizzy:

Thurge
02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Well I guess the answere is nothing is calorie and carb free so no DRINKING? I mean I don't want to cheat and I don't need a drink but if I'm doing this for a year I was wondering if once in a blue moon I could have a drink and still be OP. I want to loose a 100lb's so I guess I will do it sober :D..... I lol because it's not like I'm much of a drinker anyway but once and a while was nice!

If it burns, it has energy; if it has energy, it has calories; if it bleeds, we can kill it <All said in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice>

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Did you see the recipes I put up? also, Crystal Light now makes the Appletini, Maragrita and Mojito Mixes that are good....taste just like the drinks just don't have the alcohol in it. Same color and everything the ONLY person who would know the difference is YOU!

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
I am happy to share that I've figured out mac & cheese! It doesn't make a lot, it is restricted and it is time consuming, but it's MAC and CHEESE! Ok, here we go:

1 packet plain crepe mix
1 cup WF alfredo sauce
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1-2 tsp Land O' Lakes sharp cheddar seasoning (this will add about 20 calories)
1/4 tsp sea salt for crepe mix
about 1/2 oz water
pepper to taste
pot of boiling water
preheated oven @ 400 degrees
small baking dish (I used 4 inch springform pan)

Pour crepe mix into a bowl, add salt and mix. Add the water to form a thick dough. Take tiny pinches of dough and roll into a small pea. Then, roll into an elongated shape by moving your hands like you are warming them up. Dough should make about 50 of these pieces. Put into boiling water and shut off the heat. Let pieces cure in water for about 2 minutes--they will be floating on the top, it helps to stir them a little. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Mix WF alfredo sauce and seasonings in a small bowl. Add the "pasta" and mix together gently. Use a rubber spatula to transfer to baking dish and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes. :dizzy:

PLEASE make sure you are adding these new recipes to the recipe threads so that they will be found later as well :)

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 06:07 PM

1 egg white
1 packet vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
garlic powder
dried onions

Please make sure you add this to the recipe thread to be found later :)

lkp888
02-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Let me know what you think! So many possibilities with flavored teas out there....:)

I made one this afternoon with Vanilla Hazelnut Tea, it was so yummy!!! I think this might be my new favorite drink, it almost tasted like a chai latte, which i've been missing. Thank you so much for posting your Tea Smoothie recipe!!! :hug:

kelly1962
02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Down another 2 lbs and it is TOM for me so i was actually surprised because i feel awful and bloated. Bought the potatoes this week, so looking forward to making some fun things with them.

nineonline
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM

I'm not much of a drinker either so it's not like I went nuts with it but being out with people who are also drinking and snacking you can feel awkward with ordering water and lemon all night so for me, if I wanted to drink I would order lemon wedges, ice and water and a shot of vodka, whip out my single serving of crystal lite, you can actually get two drinks out of one packet, just order another shot and keep the water and lemon coming.

I think about a month into my journey the first time around in 2010 I went for a bday celebration one Sunday and decided to indulge in dessert, nothing happened but all these little moments can add up - what I say to myself before or during moments like these is - is it worth it? and if it is I do what I do as I like and face the music if there is any! Only one way to know what will impair your progress just be aware of and willing to accept the consequences. After all is said and done, if something negative results, don't look back - just get back on track!

Good luck!

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Down another 2 lbs and it is TOM for me so i was actually surprised because i feel awful and bloated. Bought the potatoes this week, so looking forward to making some fun things with them.

Congrats! I tried the potatoes in a shepherd's pie last night and they tasted great! I wouldn't bake them again on top, though. They came out kind of solid. Or maybe I would add enough water to make them a soup and then try baking. But, they definitely have a nice potato flavor!

100poundfreeway
02-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys for all the good input! I'm good with no drinks or the mint flavor and chocolate shake with water :) Like I said I'm not a huge drinker anyway so for now it's not worth the extra calories!

janniegoingdown
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow, good job! how did this taste?

[QUOTE=SomedayBubblySomeday;4210549]I am happy to share that I've figured out mac & cheese! It doesn't make a lot, it is restricted and it is time consuming, but it's MAC and CHEESE! Ok, here we go:

Louisiana chick
02-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Wuv, what is the weather in Mississippi supposed to be this weekend. I am driving to Hattiesburg, Mississippi tomorrow afternoon to attend an honor band all weekend at the University of Southern Mississippi. My girls are already over there. This is my second week in Phase 4 so it should be interesting to be eating out the entire weekend away from home.

nineonline
02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys for all the good input! I'm good with no drinks or the mint flavor and chocolate shake with water :) Like I said I'm not a huge drinker anyway so for now it's not worth the extra calories!

Awesome attitude! That approach will definitly be an asset to you during your time on IP!

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Wow, good job! how did this taste?

Not bad! Pretty much like what you get from a box...the sharp cheddar seasoning really makes a difference because the WF alfredo alone is a bit weird. But, if you use enough of the cheddar seasoning, it comes pretty close :)

purple sky
02-09-2012, 07:04 PM
OMG, I am so excited about these potatoes and lemon puffs everyone is talking about. Just tried the apple cinnamon puffs and was surprised I liked them. I love lemon but could not get past the pink lemonade and lemon pudding.

Also, loving all these new recipes. You all are too creative.

And about cheating. Whoa...that is a tough one. See next e-mail.

Personal NSV....I hit mini-goal number 2 this morning. It may not show up on my weigh in but this one was a big deal for me. 144.4 on the scale. 144 was my goal but the .4 cracked me up. Also did a little fashion show. Tried one item and then another and another. I was truly shocked to see how things fit. Most of my wardrobe reflects my IP beginning size. My closet will be so clean when I get around to clearing out what no longer fits right.

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Wuv, what is the weather in Mississippi supposed to be this weekend. I am driving to Hattiesburg, Mississippi tomorrow afternoon to attend an honor band all weekend at the University of Southern Mississippi. My girls are already over there. This is my second week in Phase 4 so it should be interesting to be eating out the entire weekend away from home.

I believe its suppose to be cold not too bad though. Although it is colder in Hattiesburg than here a little, We are on the water so its not as cold as up there. Right now its in the 50's not too bad :)

purple sky
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
And about cheating. Whoa...that is a tough one. I still have cravings. Sometimes they were so strong, I just had an extra restricted. Did not care. Nothing happened. I think I might have been doing my sweet/salty thing. Wanted a bar then wanted chips or something. I will have an extra packet when cravings or hunger are strongest because for me when I want that type of item, water, veggies, eggs and pickles just won't do. Cravings are much more powerful than logic. That being said I have added some boiled eggs to my daytime and that really helps.

This is week 6 for me. I know this is not an easy diet for many. But, hang in there. One day you will look at your face and say, "hello me, where have you been?" Or, you may try some clothes that were way in the back of the closet or the garage and be pleasantly surprised at what you can zip up. Someone out of the blue may compliment you. There are so many perks to this diet that truly outweigh the struggles but until you start seeing those benefits, it is hard for your mind to control what your body seems to be telling you to eat. That struggle won't last long. I promise you. And it may reoccur during your IP journey. Just remember that those cravings are only temporary be it chips, bread or booze and it will pass. What will be long term will be your new size and new outlook on life and your health. The world we live in is very challenging. There is so little external support or evidence for healthy living. I see it more in areas that are more urban with lots of active 20 somethings but less so in car cultures. I now have very few choices for yummy healthy eating if I want to go for a quick bite. And I know we struggle with what nearly all of our family, friends and co-workers eat. Carb city. But, we make choices. Sometimes hard choices. There are days you will be swimming through this diet and enjoying every minute and there are days of struggle but it passes. I promise you it will pass and you will look in the mirror and really like what and who you see even if no one else notices. Hang in there. You made it this far, shelling out your million dollars just to start this. If this is not the right diet for you, then cut the cord immediately. Save yourself stress and cash but if it is and you made the commitment, you will be so happy you did. Wow, that was more than I intended to share.

omgzitsmiranda
02-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Happy 1 month IP-iversary for me :D
1 month down & a lot more to go; but I GOT THIS!

massconfusion84
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
I had one of those infamous cheating dreams last night. I dreamt I ate a gallon of Kroger brand vanilla ice cream. I remember looking at the nutritional info on the back and its was 0/0/0 so I ate it! But after I ate it I realized that couldnt be right and felt really bad...funny stuff. my 5th weigh in is tomorrow Im hoping for a 3lb loss

doublebaby
02-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Whew,
I had errands to run today and without thinking ahead this morning I ate a bar instead of my usual crispy cereal. I NEVER have a bar at breakfast but it just sounded so good for some reason. After putzin around like I do I was ready to walk out the door and realized I would be gone over lunch time and beyond (time mangagement is not a strong point with me!). A bar or other restricted would have been great to take along but I had that already and I needed to get going! I was standing there in front of my frig wondering what to grab that I didn't have to shake. Eggs! I had hard boiled eggs in there for just in case after reading all of these threads. I grabbed 2 of those eggs, a fork if I stopped to grab a salad (I didn't need to), a packet of WF dressing, my 2 bottles of water and a RTD vanilla just in case. I did get a little hungry and ate the eggs -oh I even had the presence of mind to throw my salt shaker in the bag too!-,drank my water but just ate lunch with IP packet when I got home. Just a later lunch.
Sooo, I am going to be sure to keep hard boiled eggs and egg whites in the frig from now on just in case. Not to depend on them but I know I am so last minute sometimes.

Mom3LoveBugs
02-09-2012, 08:02 PM
I had a great NSV a few minutes ago... I bought a pair of jeans in a size 30 from Ebay awhile ago because they were my fav brand and cheap. I couldn't get them up over my hips. I tried them on just now and they fit!! I am so happy... the scale hasn't been moving very much for me lately and this was the encouragement I needed. :D

doublebaby
02-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Good Morning!

When I visited my sister I would pick up a roasted chicken (or two depending on how many people) and eat that with a salad or veggies. It would just add to what ever she was fixing as well and she didn't mind because she knew what I was doing. You can't have the skin of course but it is easy.

purple sky
02-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Whew,
I had errands to run today and without thinking ahead this morning I ate a bar instead of my usual crispy cereal. I NEVER have a bar at breakfast but it just sounded so good for some reason. After putzin around like I do I was ready to walk out the door and realized I would be gone over lunch time and beyond (time mangagement is not a strong point with me!). A bar or other restricted would have been great to take along but I had that already and I needed to get going! I was standing there in front of my frig wondering what to grab that I didn't have to shake. Eggs! I had hard boiled eggs in there for just in case after reading all of these threads. I grabbed 2 of those eggs, a fork if I stopped to grab a salad (I didn't need to), a packet of WF dressing, my 2 bottles of water and a RTD vanilla just in case. I did get a little hungry and ate the eggs -oh I even had the presence of mind to throw my salt shaker in the bag too!-,drank my water but just ate lunch with IP packet when I got home. Just a later lunch.
Sooo, I am going to be sure to keep hard boiled eggs and egg whites in the frig from now on just in case. Not to depend on them but I know I am so last minute sometimes.

Smart thinking. I never remember the salt. And sometimes a packet of dressing is not enough for me. I need to set up an emergency kit like you.

Pamelama
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM

That's great! Really! I don't think that would work for me. I'm too sensitive with alcohol or deviations from plan.

gs463
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Mio helps me get my water in too. I do the same thing and only put one squirt into 16 oz. The mio can have a negative effect for some with weight loss. To much of it can cause an insulin spike.

Pamelama
02-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I made one this afternoon with Vanilla Hazelnut Tea, it was so yummy!!! I think this might be my new favorite drink, it almost tasted like a chai latte, which i've been missing. Thank you so much for posting your Tea Smoothie recipe!!! :hug:

Yeah! Glad you enjoyed it!

Tammywhiz
02-09-2012, 08:43 PM

Have a great vacation ! Congrats on meeting your goal !

gs463
02-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks. My cost includes tax does yours? Do you know the price you pay for the milkshakes (pkg of 6) or the puddings (box of 7)

I am in Maryland and both clinics that are close to my home charge $4 per packet, $27 for boxes this is for everything other than RTD's which are are $5 per drink choc/vanilla the mango which is my favorite is $4.50 per drink and $37 (I think) for a package of 8.

gs463
02-09-2012, 08:53 PM

That is wonderful. I have my 5th WI tomorrow and it is my TOM this week. I am just hoping that I lost something or at least don't have a gain.

Tammywhiz
02-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Hey Everyone, I am having technical difficulties tonight. I had a loss of 4 lbs at WI #5 and I want to update my ticker to reflect this 18lb loss !!!

Can anyone tell me how to update my ticker?

WingnutandMe
02-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Just finished trying a couple recipes that are new to me. One for the Dijon "potato salad" and another for Rubbed Pork Tenderloin. I'm not a big cauliflower fan, but that made it quite interesting. I'm a big meat eater, so the pork tenderloin was extra good. This was something new for seasoning it. Will keep those two on my keep list.

Tomorrow is my fourth WI. I do not weigh at home and other than my baggy dresses for work, I have not worn anything this week to give me any idea of how the week went. I was OP, maybe a little shy of veggies and lettuce, but no "oops." Keep my fingers crossed.

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Hey Everyone, I am having technical difficulties tonight. I had a loss of 4 lbs at WI #5 and I want to update my ticker to reflect this 18lb loss !!!

Can anyone tell me how to update my ticker?

go to CP user, then edit signature, find your weight and change it

chshedtchr
02-09-2012, 10:26 PM

I take blood thinners as well. I have to watch vitamin k intake as well. I can't eat some of the greener veggies like seaweed spinach green peppers but I can have other color peppers. Lettuce is iceberg only. Your dr should be able to tell you what to stay away from. I get protymes every other week but so far this diet has not made a difference in the INR. Just talk to your doctor and make sure you write down what you eat so you can see if anything has made a change. Good luck. The support here is wonderful

Magicpinecone
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Not Wuv but I live right outside of H,burg and it's going to be rainy tomorrow (60%; so maybe it will be a pretty day) and in the low 60's.

Tammywhiz
02-09-2012, 11:01 PM
go to CP user, then edit signature, find your weight and change it

Thanks Wuv !

I am loving this diet, and I am so glad to be here following everyone's success stories. You are an inspiration Wuv, when I see the results you have had, I know that I am making the right decision by sticking with IP.

I hope that I achieve the success in the next 12 months, that you have in the last 12, and I hope each and every one of you will be around to guide me through my journey.

zzsmom
02-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Stay away from aspartame... splenda and stevia are fine.

Beanie... not having restricted snacks does not help, it hurts if anything.
I had a restricted EVERYDAY I was on the diet.
Wuv has had them since the beginning as well.

There are all these myths that people say you have to or don't have to do to make it better.
I try to bite my tongue and not say much when it comes to them but the restricted thing comes up so much.

Just ask if you aren't sure or if you are thinking of trying something.
But then wait for the input to see what has worked for others.

As usual, this is all just my opinion and based on my experience.

Wow! Your hard work is so inspirational!

fantabulousbrit
02-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Today was my 3rd WI and I am down 14.7 lbs! I lost 3.3 lb this week which is down from my first two weeks when I lost six lbs each week. I think it's because I skipped my last ip packet a couple of nights. Anyways I'm super excited about this week because I want to be at a 20lb weight loss next WI so I'm going to be really strict with myself this week!

DanafromAustin
02-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Whew,

Since my coach now doesn't want me going longer than 3 1/2 hours without some protein, I always have hard boiled eggs ready in the refrigerator. Today it came in very handy. It wasn't time for me to eat lunch yet, but my son had a doctor appointment that I knew would get me back home way past the 3 1/2 hours. So I grabbed an egg and ate it before I had to leave the house. Eggs - the perfect food!

Mio helps me get my water in too. I do the same thing and only put one squirt into 16 oz. The mio can have a negative effect for some with weight loss. To much of it can cause an insulin spike.
That why I don't drink Mio any longer. I felt it was stirring up cravings again and my coach doesn't recommend it because of the possible insulin spike. I just put a slice of lemon in my water instead. No chemicals and good for you.

DanafromAustin
02-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Today was my 3rd WI and I am down 14.7 lbs! I lost 3.3 lb this week which is down from my first two weeks when I lost six lbs each week. I think it's because I skipped my last ip packet a couple of nights. Anyways I'm super excited about this week because I want to be at a 20lb weight loss next WI so I'm going to be really strict with myself this week!

The 3rd week for many can be a small weight loss week, so you did really well. You never loose again like you did the first two weeks, and 3 pounds per week is the average. Don't skip any of the IP food, you really need the calories and protein. Great job on your weight loss so far!

salmongirl
02-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Happy 1 month IP-iversary for me :D
1 month down & a lot more to go; but I GOT THIS!

Congrats! I am on day 26 so right behind ya. I got this too!

mtnsun4
02-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Have a great day!

Happy Birthday to you! Hope you had a great day! Stay strong!

3mama
02-10-2012, 12:34 AM
And about cheating. Whoa...that is a tough one. I still have cravings. Sometimes they were so strong, I just had an extra restricted. Did not care. Nothing happened. I think I might have been doing my sweet/salty thing. Wanted a bar then wanted chips or something. I will have an extra packet when cravings or hunger are strongest because for me when I want that type of item, water, veggies, eggs and pickles just won't do. Cravings are much more powerful than logic. That being said I have added some boiled eggs to my daytime and that really helps.

This is week 6 for me. I know this is not an easy diet for many. But, hang in there. One day you will look at your face and say, "hello me, where have you been?" Or, you may try some clothes that were way in the back of the closet or the garage and be pleasantly surprised at what you can zip up. Someone out of the blue may compliment you. There are so many perks to this diet that truly outweigh the struggles but until you start seeing those benefits, it is hard for your mind to control what your body seems to be telling you to eat. That struggle won't last long. I promise you. And it may reoccur during your IP journey. Just remember that those cravings are only temporary be it chips, bread or booze and it will pass. What will be long term will be your new size and new outlook on life and your health. The world we live in is very challenging. There is so little external support or evidence for healthy living. I see it more in areas that are more urban with lots of active 20 somethings but less so in car cultures. I now have very few choices for yummy healthy eating if I want to go for a quick bite. And I know we struggle with what nearly all of our family, friends and co-workers eat. Carb city. But, we make choices. Sometimes hard choices. There are days you will be swimming through this diet and enjoying every minute and there are days of struggle but it passes. I promise you it will pass and you will look in the mirror and really like what and who you see even if no one else notices. Hang in there. You made it this far, shelling out your million dollars just to start this. If this is not the right diet for you, then cut the cord immediately. Save yourself stress and cash but if it is and you made the commitment, you will be so happy you did. Wow, that was more than I intended to share.

Such a good post! Thanks so much for sharing. You are right - sometimes this diet can be difficult, but the results are more than worth it!

Momto2cs
02-10-2012, 01:17 AM

Watch your veggies. I believe broccoli and cauliflower can interfere with blood thinners.

tenniels
02-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Hey everyone :) I didn't have much time to read over the threads today, and I missed seeing all your successes! I just wanted to share that I had kickboxing tonight (second class this week, first time since being OP that I've done two classes in a week) and I feel grrrreat! The squat kicks kicked my @ss and I'll be feeling it tomorrow! Being active again is just what I needed I think. Cheers to another weekend on program! :)

Momto2cs
02-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Kickboxing is fun! I did find that as I ramped up my exercise I was sometimes more sore than usual. Taking 2 potassium helped a lot, snd stopped some leg cramps I was getting.

I love vanilla hazelnut tea with butterscotch pudding. Yum!

That mac n cheese looks interesting! I will search for the cheese flavoring!