Old 02-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #1  

Default Checking in, conflicting ideas about weighing myself

Hey all, this forum remains relatively quiet and I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing on the program! For those just starting out, are you finding it's getting easier to do?

I checked out the Medifast forum and there was a blog someone linked to in a post http://www.sandyskitchenadventures.com/p/medifast.html and this has been an amazing resource for me. Sandy has pages and pages of recipes centered around the medifast diet, and they are all on plan.

I also wanted to mention that I'm struggling with whether or not to weigh myself. It has only been five days, but I really struggled staying on plan the second and third day so I know my losses would be effected by this.

Do you all weigh in regularly? If not, why not?
Bones1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm not on the program but the title of your topic caught my attention. A lot of people seem to weigh themselves regularly but I don't. If the number is going to bother you a lot, I personally don't think it's worth it. But if you want to and feel it will help, go for it. To me, it's just a personal choice. Good luck!
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

I struggle with this too, as soon as I see I decent lose I feel it's ok to eat a ton. All of a sudden I am back where I started.....but if I do not weight myself how do I know I am making progres? The whole see how ur pants feel never works for me, as they go in the wash and then stretch back out so often.
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

The main thing is to stay on the program. If seeing a number you don't like, or even one you do, is going to make you want to blow it, then don't do it.

I think weighing once a week is the way to go--that way, you aren't driven nuts by daily fluctuations, but at the same time you can see where things are going.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #5  

There was a girl who tracked her progress week by week and the chart was amazing, easy to follow, and really encouraging for a newbie like me. There was a column for the week beginning and end date, and monthly totals at the bottom. If I were to track it, this would be the way I'd want to go.

However, I'm the kind of person that is easily discouraged by slow (or no) losses and if I had the visual reminder everyday that I wasn't losing much, I'd probably throw in the towel. And I don't want to do that.

So for now, no weigh-ins.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #6  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I weigh every day, but I only "count" it once a week. Sometimes I get frustrated by a midweek low followed by a blip up on Saturday weigh in. I am starting to see what happens when I eat to much salt.

If you think the daily fluctuations will discourage you, I'd weigh less often.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 AM   #7  

Ohhhh yeeaaah. So I've been on MF for a little over three weeks, and I haven't weighed myself -BUT- I can pull up my jeans without unbuttoning them. They used to feel tight, but now it looks like I'll either need to buy a belt or already buy a smaller pair of jeans. I have been told my face looks thinner, also. All of this makes me extremely happy!!

But I must also confess to boredom on the plan. I'm extremely busy. I have two jobs and I'm enrolled in a few college courses, and rarely have time to doctor the meals. I know there's not much to be done except to MAKE the time and to set aside a day to plan everything I'm going to have for the week. And I intend to start doing just that. I just felt like getting this out.

So! To sum up: Noticeable weight loss after three weeks - hooray!!! Boredom with "unspruced" MF foods - boo.

But it's a very small boo. Barely audible.

I hope everyone is doing well on plan!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #8  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Great job on the loose pants! Have you taken measurements? That's a great way to see progress, too.

The food really is much better with a little "help". I think you'll find that it's worth your time. If I take a soup or shake to work, I always make it ahead of time, so I'm not carrying extra stuff with me to fix it up at work.

I'm getting fed up with the daily fluctuations, so I'm going to try just once weekly weighing til Easter. Not exactly giving the scale up for Lent, but it seems like a good timeframe to see if it works for me. Plus I'm going on vacation right after Easter and won't have my scale with me, anyway.

Keep up the good work!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #9  

Thank you, Riddy! I haven't taken any measurements, but this sure feels awesome.

It's like you said earlier in the thread - if the fluctuations become worrisome, it's probably a good idea to do just what you're doing by switching to the one weekly weigh-in. And you are so right about making the time to prepare the foods! It really does make all the difference.

I'm going to get the MF cocoa/coffee concoction here pretty soon lol
Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/193/150

Height: 5'9

your weight fluctuates too much and it's easy to get discouraged by weighing yourself constantly. i used to do it all the time but over time i've learned to stop and just record the loss week by week. you can weigh. just don't let it determine your day. some are good and you just got to keep an eye when you're slipping up. keep goin strong tho! it'll pay off !!
londonlove is offline   Reply With Quote