Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Finally back on track!

Woah, I actually binged for about 3 days and ate everything I wanted to eat while on special K challenge. I'm back on track today I had the cereal for breakfast and I'm eating my lunch meal bar. This is so so HARD for me!! Does anyone have tricks for how to stay on plan?

My biggest problem is sweets and junk food. I just can't seem to let these foods go!
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #2  

I was going to start Atkins but I'd rather finish what I started first and read the book before I start Atkins.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

There are some healthier alternatives to the junk food and sweets. Stuff you can have that's not as impacting to your caloric intake as most sweets. In the end it's really going to be up to you to take control of you and not give up control to the binges. One thing that helps is not having the junk food around for you to binge on. Make it a chore to get it, that way you have plenty of opportunity to talk yourself out of it.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm doing Atkins, and though I read the book years ago I refreshed myself with all the info on their site. It lays it out pretty well and I find it easy.

http://www.atkins.com/Program/Overview.aspx

Here's how to do it, you would start on phase one.

Just trying to help, I know if I did the special K challenge I would go crazy with boredom and binge too. It's obviouslly not working for you as you posted about this before, I would just move on to something that does work for you. If you insist on completing it, then read about Atkins while you do so you can understand it and be prepared for when you start.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

i don't know if anyone here would really recommend atkins. to my understanding -- it's a terrible way to lose weight and you lose the "wrong" kind of weight.

i think people here have had success with the special k challenge, but what happens after the challenge is over? or do you plan to eat cereal and bars for 2/3 of the day till the end of time?

not that i'm an expert or anything..but i think just calorie counting and exercise will get you where you want to go. use the special k as a boost, but work on a more long-term plan for yourself. just my 2 cents.

i joined recently and the goal photos are incredible!! look around and get inspired..i can't believe what people here have done!

welcome!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #6  

StephanieM- Thanks for that link!! I do want time to prepare and get groceries before I start Atkins so I think I'll finish the challenge first. I already have special k stuff at home so it's less work for me lol. I have an infant and I go to school so I'm limited for time.

valalltogether- If Atkins doesn't work for me I might stick to calorie counting and exercise. I just want to find a diet/plan to follow because I thought it would be easier for me. I am using special K and then hopefully Atkins after as a boost to my weight loss I really want to lose this stubborn baby weight!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

totally, to each their own.. its just that i had read some not so hot information about atkins. good luck whatever you choose to do!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
My biggest problem is sweets and junk food. I just can't seem to let these foods go!
If you want to let these carb-y things go, why are you feeding the yen?

I cannot do special K and similar cereals because they send my blood sugar spiking and then later come down crashing. That leaves me wanting another hit from some other easily digested starch thing -- more cereal, cookies, crackers, etc. Jsut to get the UP back.

So maybe you are having a similar reactions to cereal for breakfast and cereal bar at lunch? There's no protein or fat to speak of to balance the blood sugar out.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

I second astrophe's note about carb-y foods; think about what you're craving and why, and plan your meals so they won't *create* that craving.

I love cereals, but I find that they can set me OFF sometimes : )

Did you choose this b/c you really want to follow a well-defined "plan"?
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

I couldn't do the Special K either. It would just start my cravings and I would starve and make poor food choices ultimately.

Losing weight is ultimately calories in vs calories out, BUT what foods you eat dictate how your body responds and what signals it sends.

A sweet candy bar type thing does not make me think "okay, I've eaten and that's the only food I need for a few hours". Also if I don't have protein, I starve. I'm a carb-addict and can eat them all day without ever really feeling a sensation of fullness.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

I LOVE the fiber one brownies! They are a good chocolate fix with lots of good fiber!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote