Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/199.9

Height: 6'1

Default So Bad!!

Hey,

Ok so its technically day 3...I can't feel any sicker than I do right now...Im so incredily dizzy, I feel like I was beatin with a bat. Im not sure if I cheated this morning...I had a full cucumber with the salt they provide and I eat 3 dill pickles...I hope to god I didn't ruin the process of Ketosis cause I feel 100% brutal, I literally hate my body this much that I would put myself through this to eventually be happy and love myself on the outside the way I love myself on the inside, but when does it get better or does it!!

Im sorry to sound whiney, just so so bad morning!!

Did I cheat ?

Mike
TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Hey,

Ok so its technically day 3...I can't feel any sicker than I do right now...Im so incredily dizzy, I feel like I was beatin with a bat. Im not sure if I cheated this morning...I had a full cucumber with the salt they provide and I eat 3 dill pickles...I hope to god I didn't ruin the process of Ketosis cause I feel 100% brutal, I literally hate my body this much that I would put myself through this to eventually be happy and love myself on the outside the way I love myself on the inside, but when does it get better or does it!!

Did I cheat ?

Mike

No you didn't cheat. Just remember that the verggies that you had this morning count towards your 4 cups a day. So you are going to have to keep track of how many more you need to have today. Take 1/4-1/2 tsp of the sea salt, put it in the palm of your hand and lick it, then drink some water. It should help. Your body is going thru withdrawls, this is the worst of it....things will definately start to get better. Do not give in..stay strong. Remember that YOU are worth it. And the food does not control you, YOU control the food.

Last edited by rissimo; 02-08-2012 at 09:11 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #3  

It gets better...I PROMISE! The first few days are the hardest and then on day 4 or 5 you wake up feel amazing!

Sounds like you probably had about two servings of veggies this morning. I don't think you ruined anything, just reduce your veggies throughout the day accordingly.

I had a few days were I felt a little off also. I wasn't necessarily dizzy, just felt wierd. I did figure out that I need to eat first, THEN take my vitamins. I was getting vitamin rush.

If you stick to it, it pays off! Visit the daily chat. There's a lot of great information on there and uber supportive people.

Good Luck!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Day 3 is usually the worst day of withdraws, especially if you were a carb/sugar addict before you started IP. Try the salt trick rissimo mentioned (and follow it with a full glass of water plus some because you might be dehydrated as well), but if that doesn't work Advil is okay to take ifyou need something to help get you through the day. My sinuses are wrecking havoc with me at the moment, and I'm living on the Advil! HTH!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hey,

Did I cheat ?

Mike
Mike- ditto to what everyone else has said. I went through the same thing for day 3 and 4. Finally at the end of day 4 I felt better. I had a massive headache day 2. Your body is going through withdrawal and into ketosis. Don't give up! It is worth how you feel when you get there!
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #6  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

As someone who was SUPER skeptical of the whole 'it gets better' speeches let me tell you, it DOES! Once you get through the first 5 days - a week [that's how it was for me] it gets a MILLION times better!

I'm on week 4 now & never felt better! The results of this diet both physically & just in general are amazing in how short of a time. The first week into ketosis I felt better IMMEDIATELY almost. You can DO THIS!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Mike, I'm on Day 4 and I feel the same. But I think it's because our bodies are making the transition to Ketosis. Drink a lot of water and even have a restricted bar to get the energy level up. It seemed to help for me. I hope it gets better for you and remember it's worth it
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Like everyone says, it really does get better. For me it was days 3 and 4 and then like someone had just flipped a switch I felt better. I also suggest the salt to help ease your headache. Hang in there NewGuy, it gets better and is so worth it.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 324/316/150

Height: 5'6

I am new to this, only on day 8, but on day 2 and 3 I had the worst headache of my life. I tried all the suggestions... licking salt, tylenol, etc. and it just sucked for two whole days. Then it just vanished. And I've felt a lot better since then.
shalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

Yes it does get better! I had the worst headache during days 3 and 4. I received advice to lick the sea salt and that really did help as well. I found that if I spread the veggies out - not just for lunch and dinner but as mini snacks in between I would feel better. Also,I drank a ton of water during the first few days - seemed like I just couldnt get enough (and I was not a water drinker) I am now on week 4 and I feel great! Last week I was sooo tired I could hardly drag myself through the days (although there was lots of stress at work to add to that). This week I feel great. I am down 12 pounds.Keep up the great work - you WILL get there!
chshedtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #11  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hey, ....Im so incredily dizzy, I feel like I was beatin with a bat. ...Mike
Welcome to the group, Mike! If you can take a nap or get to sleep early tonight that will help too. You're body is used to the extra calories and carbs and it's screaming. It will shut-up soon! LOL! If you sleep, you won't experience the pain because you'll be asleep. Many times I've gone to sleep hungry/starving and awakened in the morning feeling full. It's amazing how much of it is psychological pain. But, once you're in ketosis the appetite diminishes and you feel like the energizer bunny for awhile. Stay strong!! This too shall pass.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Mike, I agree with everyone...you didn't cheat (just make sure the pickles were 0/0/0) and deduct the amount of veggies you ate at breakfast from your lunch or dinner. (You don't want to over or under eat.) AND yes the first few days are the worse...I'm now on week 13/14 and it's so worth it and time does fly...just hang in there...expect ups and downs...and read some of the archived informational threads on here. (What my coach should have told me is a great one for someone just starting off.) Be well and enjoy the weight loss!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I get migraines and days 3 to 5 were brutal. For that reason I would never phase off before I reach my. Goal and them have to go through that again when I restarted.
But after those days I feel great and have not had a migraine again. Part of my problem was also caffeine withdrawal.
It will get much better soon.
Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

You will feel great after the next few days. I had a bad day 3 that felt like a cross between bad hangover and a buzz. I woke up on day 4 and have felt better everyday since. Hang in there
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #15  

Default Day 3 was the Worst for Me

Mike,
Day 3 was the worst for me. I did the salt thing and also drank salted warm water. Remember that you can have 4 packets the first week. You might like the chocolate drink mix because you can heat it up and it tastes like hot chocolate. It is a non-restricted, but is fairly high in carbohydrate, so it might help to ease your body into the program while staying 100% on the program.
OneGuyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote