Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 02/08/2012

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Kellym1021
02-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Good morning!! Today is Day 3 on program, so far so good!! Have a great day everyone!! :D

rissimo
02-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to me yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

One of my all time favorite things are Krispy Kreme donuts (which is across the street from us). The hot melty goodness of them just make me weak and I could eat a dozen of them while the are hot. Well, one of the girls I work with came around letting everyone know that she brought some in, she came to my desk and said I know that you can't have them bit I wanted to let you know cause I don't want to leave you out. I said thank you, then I got up went to her desk an d opened the box. Her mouth, along with everyone elses just dropped. I said what?? I can't have them but I never said anything about not being able to smell them. Then I bent over and took 2 big whiffs, closed the box and walked away. :dance: The guy that sits across from me said "now that is true will power!!" and then he sat there and ate two of them. I was perfectly happy and content with just smelling them. This was a big accomplishment for me, because in the past, I would've told myself that it was okay to eat one or two and that I would just start the diet back over again tomorrow. It's funny how the longer you are on this plan, your taste changes. I do not even crave any of the things that I used to love.

I guess I HAVE finally had enough and my mindset has changed.

Ducksmy
02-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to my yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

One of my all time favorite things are Krispy Kreme donuts (which is across the street from us). The hot melty goodness of them just make me weak and I could eat a dozen of them while the are hot. Well, one of the girls I work with came around letting everyone know that she brought some in, she came to my desk and said I know that you can't have them bit I wanted to let you know cause I don't want to leave you out. I said thank you, then I got up went to her desk an d opened the box. Her mouth, along with everyone elses just dropped. I said what?? I can't have them but I never said anything about not being able to smell them. Then I bent over and took 2 big whiffs, closed the box and walked away. :dance: The guy that sits across from me said "now that is true will power!!" and then he sat there and ate two of them. I was perfectly happy and content with just smelling them. This was a big accomplishment for me, because in the past, I would've told myself that it was okay to eat one or two and that I would just start the diet back over again tomorrow. It's funny how the longer you are on this plan, your taste changes. I do not even crave any of the things that I used to love.

Way to go! You are rocking this!:dizzy:

Ducksmy
02-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Morning Peeeps!
Here's hoping everyone has an OP day!
When you are totally at peace with yourself, nothing can shake you."
Be unshakeable! :wave:
My home scales finally moved, we shall see what Saturday brings!

mamacitaof2
02-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to my yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

congratulations! I too really like smelling the food I can't have. It seems like my taste buds are satisfied just have the...essence?...of the food. :P

LaLibE
02-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Morning Peeeps!

BE UNSHAKEABLE!!!!! Love this!!!! :)

ipsbest4me
02-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Good morning everyone! I had my second WI last night and am down another 4 lbs for a total of 11.2! I'm very excited!! Happy OP Wednesday everyone!!

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,
I just wanted to share with you what happened to me yesterday, cause I am so prioud of myself for it.

That's awesome! Good job! :carrot:

NavyMommy
02-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Hopefully finally kicking this sinus / allergy / cold thing I've been rocking for a week now. I went to bed last night at 7:30 and woke up feeling much better, but I have no voice. It's so annoying, and I think my raspy voice / whisper is scaring my 1 year old!

I decided to switch it up a bit this morning and am having the Mango RTD, and it is delicious! It actually feels great on my sore throat, I highly recommend it! I don't know what I am going to have for lunch yet, but I have some delicious baby kale from the farmers market Saturday that needs to be cooked so I see kale chips in my future!

WTG rissimo on the temptation. I've realized that as I go forward on this diet things that I never thought I would be able to resist are not nearly as tempting. I think once you start to see results (at least for me it's this way) there is no way you want to go backwards! KWIM?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

NavyMommy
02-08-2012, 08:05 AM
ipsbest4me - Congrats on the WI!!

Kellym1021
02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Total control!!! Great job!!! I hope I can be as strong as this moving forward!!!

Kellym1021
02-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone! I had my second WI last night and am down another 4 lbs for a total of 11.2! I'm very excited!! Happy OP Wednesday everyone!!

Congrats on your loss!! :congrat:

Ducksmy
02-08-2012, 08:48 AM

Yeeeeee hawwww! Good Job!:carrot:

Mischyff
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
That's great, congratulations and keep up the good work!

salmongirl
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning to all. I see so far everyone has had a good day and I love the story about beating temptation! I am not sure I could smell them yet but am working on it!
Had my WI#3 yesterday, 3 more pounds gone! Yipee. This is getting easier all the time.
Have a wonderful wednesday!

Mischyff
02-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Good morning fellow IP'ers, I was wondering how everyone is feeling on this protocol? I am extremely happy with my results (25 pounds in 5 weeks) BUT I find myself so very tired all the time. I can't seem to stay awake later than 8:30 lately and I struggle on the weekend at social events to keep from yawning. I began walking daily about 10 days ago and hoped the exercise would help, but it doesn't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of fatigue?

mtnsun4
02-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Good for you!! I love that feeling! I experienced something similar at work the other day as well. Someone brought in CAKE. Put it right up to my face and said, you want some? No thank you was my reply! And she kept on persisting. Finally had to walk away. Great job on your new mindset!!

Ducksmy
02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
I too struggle with being tired! Any suggestions out there?

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone :)
I've been busy this morning already!
Made the husband breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, folded 4 loads of laundry from yesterday, started new loads in the washer&dryer, took some trash out. I'm on a roll! :) I'm feeling better than I have been, which is awesome :)

PS: I'm pretty sure chocolate soy balls can make ANY day better ;)

GonnaB50NFabulous
02-08-2012, 09:43 AM

That is awesome :bravo: Keep up the great work!

DanafromAustin
02-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Good morning fellow IP'ers, I was wondering how everyone is feeling on this protocol? I am extremely happy with my results (25 pounds in 5 weeks) BUT I find myself so very tired all the time. I can't seem to stay awake later than 8:30 lately and I struggle on the weekend at social events to keep from yawning. I began walking daily about 10 days ago and hoped the exercise would help, but it doesn't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of fatigue?
Even though I was in ketosis by the first week, it took me a good month or more to have much energy. Yes, I woke up earlier every morning, but I just felt like I didn't have the energy I had for example when I was on Atkins and in ketosis. Looking back I think it was just my body adjusting to the lower calorie count. I eventually gained back all of my energy plus more. Of course carrying around a lot less weight I'm sure had something to do with it too. Hang in there, it will get better given time and more weight loss.

Happy Wednesday everyone! I too smell yummy looking off diet food all the time. I thought I was kind of nuts at first, but then recently I read an article that smelling off limit food really does help dieters. It tricks the brain into thinking you really ate the food so you feel more satisfied.

janniegoingdown
02-08-2012, 10:05 AM
;)Good Morning IPeeps,

WTG!!! ;) You got this :cool:

drwichin
02-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Congratulations Rissimo, that is a big victory! For the couple of people that were tired, sometimes that can be due to reduced sodium, so please make sure you are using the sea salt and see if that helps.

EmilySebetka
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
All I can say is arg.

I don't know what is going on, but I think my measuring tape at home is different than the one at the clinic. My clothes are getting a lot looser, but the tape says my measurements are up to 2 inches bigger! What the?

In other news, I lost 12 oz. I'm kinda confused on how that works out with the total weight loss, but when I use the other computer, my ticker can figure it out for me. I should have lost more than 12 oz, and I know that if I wasn't doing alternatives and was staying OP, I would have lost more.

And to clarify, I didn't cheat. I had way too much meat yesterday. I'm in the high carb craving cycle again thanks to the high carb bars from Target. So I eat more meat than I should, because its either meat or something off plan. So its kind of an OP cheat...?

If we're having 20g of carbs daily, my Target bars are way too high. I can't wait until my new low carb bars get here so that I can stop the cycle, continue losing, and stop feeling like crap.

Okay... rant done. I feel better now.

Harmothoe
02-08-2012, 10:50 AM

I experienced this acutely for about a month. Lately I feel more energetic, but I don't have enough energy to go do 30 minutes on the stairmaster.

NavyMommy
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
All I can say is arg.

I don't know what is going on, but I think my measuring tape at home is different than the one at the clinic. My clothes are getting a lot looser, but the tape says my measurements are up to 2 inches bigger! What the?

In other news, I lost 12 oz. I'm kinda confused on how that works out with the total weight loss, but when I use the other computer, my ticker can figure it out for me. I should have lost more than 12 oz, and I know that if I wasn't doing alternatives and was staying OP, I would have lost more.

And to clarify, I didn't cheat. I had way too much meat yesterday. I'm in the high carb craving cycle again thanks to the high carb bars from Target. So I eat more meat than I should, because its either meat or something off plan. So its kind of an OP cheat...?

If we're having 20g of carbs daily, my Target bars are way too high. I can't wait until my new low carb bars get here so that I can stop the cycle, continue losing, and stop feeling like crap.

Honestly, measurements by two different people are always going to be different. When I used to go to Curves we were measured every month (every week when I did the Curves diet) and we were always told it was super important to have the same person measure us every time. If you're not going to the clinic anymore just use your new at home measurements as a baseline and go from there, I wouldn't measure at home and at the clinic because the results are going to be inconsistent.

RE the bars, where did you get the 20g carb figure from? This diet is SO much easier than counting carbs because all the work is done for you. What kind of bars are you using? I have heard of people using the Pure Protein bars and the Adkins ones from the store with great success. FYI the IP bars hover around 15g carbs, and the cookie is 23 I believe. I also used some from online that (personally) I liked much better than anything I could buy in a store but they were also between 14 and 16 carbs.

I actually feel better than ever. I have much more energy then I used to, and am enjoying this extra boost. We must have started about the same time too. Are you getting enough salt and water. I find when I neglect both the salt and / or the water I'm much more tired than usual but a big bottle of water usually wakes me up.

thin4me
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM

So I've read a few times about this 20g of carbs daily which makes absolutely no sense to me, if you add up 3 packages of IP food for the day you are over20g of carbs......

eg. chocolate drink 7g carbs
crispy cereal 7g carbs
bar 15g carbs

TOTAL: 29g carbs

And that doesn't include your 4 cups of veggies/day
Any thoughts out there???

sherylynn
02-08-2012, 11:08 AM

I was very fatigued the first few weeks. I even rode my bike and could barely make it up a hill, and I walked on the beach (was there for work, I swear) and could barely walk - my legs were so leaden. I had no energy at all.

Finally, my body figured it out and my energy soared. Even my husband started to notice that I was always happy, energetic, running up and down the stairs, etc.

I can't speak for anyone else but that's what happened to me - right around the fourth week. Hopefully that's all it is - your body is still working on resetting itself :?:

beckyjo
02-08-2012, 11:13 AM

I have energy all day however by 9 o'clock I am ready for bed and have a hard time getting up but once up I am fine. You may need a little caffiene. However my coach tells me if I have caffiene I need more water intake. I hope you energy level goes up.

Thurge
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
So I weighed in Monday night and only lost ~3.5 lbs. My coach was visibly disappointed. I was a little too. My progress had been very good. 13lbs 1st week, 7lbs 2nd week, 6 lbs 3rd week, and then the 3.5. I did do what I call a minor cheat. I had a small bag of Pork Rinds for Super Bowl and tried to make french fries out of kohlrabi (epic fail) but nothing else major. That is until I found out that I shouldn't be drinking splenda sweetened lemon water.

Those sweeteners apparently can slow down your weight loss. At any rate I made an excellent meal last night. General Tso's Chicken! I cut up a 6 oz chicken breast dipped the pieces in egg whites and dredged them in the crepe mix. Lightly fried them in 1 tbsp of oil and then added soy sauce, thai chili garlic paste, WF pancake syrup, and a little stevia sweetener. Tossed in some broccoli and served it over cauliflower rice. Absolutely Delicious. I then took the rest of the crepe mix and made a crepe with the WF strawberry spread for dessert. I am really digging the crepe mix. You can do so much with it.

NavyMommy
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
So I've read a few times about this 20g of carbs daily which makes absolutely no sense to me, if you add up 3 packages of IP food for the day you are over20g of carbs......

eg. chocolate drink 7g carbs
crispy cereal 7g carbs
bar 15g carbs

TOTAL: 29g carbs

And that doesn't include your 4 cups of veggies/day
Any thoughts out there???

I'm not sure where the 20g carb figure came from, but I agree with you, it's not realistic. Most days when you include the veggies and IP foods I would say you're probably closer to 40g carbs (depending on what you choose of course). Honestly I just stick to the sheet and don't worry to much about it.

thin4me
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
So I weighed in Monday night and only lost ~3.5 lbs. My coach was visibly disappointed. I was a little too. My progress had been very good. 13lbs 1st week, 7lbs 2nd week, 6 lbs 3rd week, and then the 3.5. I did do what I call a minor cheat. I had a small bag of Pork Rinds for Super Bowl and tried to make french fries out of kohlrabi (epic fail) but nothing else major. That is until I found out that I shouldn't be drinking splenda sweetened lemon water.

Those sweeteners apparently can slow down your weight loss. At any rate I made an excellent meal last night. General Tso's Chicken! I cut up a 6 oz chicken breast dipped the pieces in egg whites and dredged them in the crepe mix. Lightly fried them in 1 tbsp of oil and then added soy sauce, thai chili garlic paste, WF pancake syrup, and a little stevia sweetener. Tossed in some broccoli and served it over cauliflower rice. Absolutely Delicious. I then took the rest of the crepe mix and made a crepe with the WF strawberry spread for dessert. I am really digging the crepe mix. You can do so much with it.

First of all I'd definately take the 3.5lb loss! :)
Secondly, can you move in and cook for me - jk, your description of food is making me hungry and sounds delicious ...

Wayward
02-08-2012, 11:29 AM

For you and others that are finding yourselves being tired, I am not sure there is a one answer fix for this.
After a month I was riding my bike 3-5 miles a day and walking 5 miles a day and I didn't get home from walking until around 10:00 and then I was having dinner.
So if anything I was the exact opposite when it came to energy.
Maybe you need to space out your meals and snacks differently.

NewSexyMe
02-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Good Morning! Just wanted to share a little something...
Had my routine bloodwork, and got my results yesterday....
IP has helped lower my Cholesterol levels A WHOLE LOT! I mean it went from a 212 preIP to 174!! HDL, LDL, Trigs. Everything is at perfect levels! I'm hypothyroid, so this is GREAT news to me!

Chuckles1330
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
So I weighed in Monday night and only lost ~3.5 lbs. My coach was visibly disappointed. I was a little too. My progress had been very good. 13lbs 1st week, 7lbs 2nd week, 6 lbs 3rd week, and then the 3.5.

Thurge - first of all, HOORAY for having lost 3.5lbs in a WEEK! When else have you been on a diet that allowed you to eat and lose that kind of weight in a week? I understand where you are coming from - after seeing big losses at the beginning, seeing a lower number can be disappointing. Now, pork rinds were probably not the best idea - just my opinion - the salt content probably has you holding on to some water. Having said that, if your coach was disappointed in the cheat, that is one thing, but if they were disappointed in the # on the scale, that is another. I had a problem with that my second WI -the "coach" was obviously disappointed. I had to question her motives - I lost 12lbs first WI, and 4 on the second. Frankly, we both should have been doing handsprings that I had stayed OP all week and also at the 4lb loss.

You sound like you cook a lot - I'm loving the recipe ideas you are posting! Keep up the good work. :bravo:

100poundfreeway
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

SO AWESOME!!! WAY TO GO!! that feels so good today and way better than the KK tasts for a minute!!!!

100poundfreeway
02-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Morning Peeeps!

I love this saying! I"m going to be unshakeable today THANKS!

Chuckles1330
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Tried Miracle Noodles for the first/last time on Saturday night. Had a horrible allergic reaction, of which I am still feeling the residuals. Anyone else had this problem? I'm ok with tofu shirataki noodles, but the Miracle Noodles really did a number on me. I'm allergic to onions, and the only thing I can think of is that maybe the plant from which the noodles are derived is in the same family as onions.

100poundfreeway
02-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Hi Mischyff ...... I have to say I woried I would not feel good or have much energy on this plan but I can say I have had the oposit! I have more energy and I feel motivated. I do get quite sleepy by bed time and that normally happens at 10:30-11pm I get up at 6AM so it's normal after chasing a toddler around to be tired. But over all I feel I do have more energy...... but I'm only two weeks in so I hope this feeling doesn't go away. Good luck and maybe you are just fighting off illness right now and a cold is trying to sneak up on you or something.

nikkib
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

I know for me just being able to get a few good whiffs of something is almost better than actually eating it. My co-worker thought I was going to inhale her lasagna a few days ago LOL! I still do it at restaurants but have to be much more discrete so I don't look like a wierdo :dizzy:

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM

3.5lbs is NOT a bad weigh in! Your body is adjusting to you losing so much weight so quickly! Most of the time 3.5lbs is a good round number for MOST people on this board & on the diet lol. Also a "minor cheat" could possibly lead to bigger cheats, thus kicking you out of ketosis. Some people use sweeteners and some don't. I use MiO and I still lose pretty consistently. Now if that's all you're doing is eating sweetener, then probably not. Some people's bodies just don't like it & some can tolerate it.

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Good morning!! Today is Day 3 on program, so far so good!! Have a great day everyone!! :D

Keep going!! How are you feeling?

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Way to GO!!! I love being able to sit there and not be tempted!!

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Morning Peeeps!

Thanks for the encouragement!! Love it!!

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Goodmorning everyone, Tried the cauliflower popcorn last night it was delish, tonight I'm going to try the kale chips. Hope everyone has a great OP day!

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
NSV for me today! Went to Burkes Outlet to check out their clearance jeans & I'm SOOO glad I did! I had tried on a 20 the other week [originally a sometimes 28, mainly a 26] and they were super tight to where the button felt like it could fly off & kill someone at any given moment lol. Okay, so..

I was looking through the jeans & found some Lane Bryant jeans that were a 20, it was like a match made in heaven. I thought, hmmm these look really small & I wasn't too confident that they would fit because they just seemed "small" for 20's so I don't know how Lane Bryant runs [true to size or what] so I tried them on anyway because they were just my style. Tried them on & I'm soo in love lol. They're amazing. the jeans are here. (http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-pants-jeans/jeans/bootcut-jeans/distinctly-boot-jean-with-right-fit-technology/15821c4027c1006p98484/index.pro?Mcatn=bootcut+jeans&Mcatpn=jeans&Mcatgn=pants+%26+jeans&Mcatgg=category_root&Mcatp=cat_4027%406000&Mcat=1006%406000&Mcatg=cat_15821%406000)

To top it off they were on CLEARANCE! They're $59.95 on Lane Bryant RIGHT NOW and I got them for..........$9! WOO HOO!

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM

Good for you!! Keep it up!!

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
All I can say is arg.

Is the same person measuring you? Don't give up!

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Good Morning! Just wanted to share a little something...
Had my routine bloodwork, and got my results yesterday....
IP has helped lower my Cholesterol levels A WHOLE LOT! I mean it went from a 212 preIP to 174!! HDL, LDL, Trigs. Everything is at perfect levels! I'm hypothyroid, so this is GREAT news to me!

Great Job!!

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM
NSV for me today! Went to Burkes Outlet to check out their clearance jeans & I'm SOOO glad I did! I had tried on a 20 the other week [originally a sometimes 28, mainly a 26] and they were super tight to where the button felt like it could fly off & kill someone at any given moment lol. Okay, so..

I was looking through the jeans & found some Lane Bryant jeans that were a 20, it was like a match made in heaven. I thought, hmmm these look really small & I wasn't too confident that they would fit because they just seemed "small" for 20's so I don't know how Lane Bryant runs [true to size or what] so I tried them on anyway because they were just my style. Tried them on & I'm soo in love lol. They're amazing. the jeans are here. (http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-pants-jeans/jeans/bootcut-jeans/distinctly-boot-jean-with-right-fit-technology/15821c4027c1006p98484/index.pro?Mcatn=bootcut+jeans&Mcatpn=jeans&Mcatgn=pants+%26+jeans&Mcatgg=category_root&Mcatp=cat_4027%406000&Mcat=1006%406000&Mcatg=cat_15821%406000)

To top it off they were on CLEARANCE! They're $59.95 on Lane Bryant RIGHT NOW and I got them for..........$9! WOO HOO!

WOOHOO!!!! How exciting!!

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Goodmorning everyone, Tried the cauliflower popcorn last night it was delish, tonight I'm going to try the kale chips. Hope everyone has a great OP day!

le506
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
today is Day 7 and first Weigh In for me.... down 5 pounds!!
:goodscale this little guy is totally me, I don't have a scale at my house so it was a fun moment... who EVER thought scales could be fun!

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
:goodscale this little guy is totally me, I don't have a scale at my house so it was a fun moment... who EVER thought scales could be fun!

yay awesome weigh in! :carrot:

Katiedela9
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Good for you!!

Jag23
02-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Morning from wet coast of Canada.........Turned the soil in my garden this morning. Leaving for Mexico in 2 days for 3 weeks and figured the ye grass I pslnted in the fall would have taken too strong a root by the time I get back. Can't wait to plant yummy garden salad measures..........I love smelling not on program foods.......Thats what I did when I quit smoking 23 yrs ago,and It worked.....Love reading about everyone's sucess Great job!

Chix
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Hello there. Just wanted to share that I have lost 8lbs since 1/29/12!! Although I only have 18lb to go, its been a much longer road than that. My high weight was 263lbs. Im so excited to get this last bit of weight off!

beckyjo
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I am so excited to see everyone that is having awesome WI's everyone is losing so much weight. Me on the other hand first weigh in was 3.2 2nd was 1.6 and 3rd was 3.6. I would so love to loose 5 pounds at one time. I guess I should just be happy that a minus is a plus and that I am feeling and looking better no matter how slow it is going away.:?:

Chix
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
I am so excited to see everyone that is having awesome WI's everyone is losing so much weight. Me on the other hand first weigh in was 3.2 2nd was 1.6 and 3rd was 3.6. I would so love to loose 5 pounds at one time. I guess I should just be happy that a minus is a plus and that I am feeling and looking better no matter how slow it is going away.:?:

I think you just have to remember that although we are not losing as much as other people, the weight is still coming off MUCH QUICKER than any other diet. Ive been on them all...trust me ;)

Kellym1021
02-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Keep going!! How are you feeling?

Thank you for asking! I am supermotivated and am actually feeling very good today! Yesterday was tough with a headache but not today.. I am sticking to program 100%, even went out to dinner last night and was not even tempted with the roll basket!! That is HUGE for me :) We can do this!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Kellym1021
02-08-2012, 01:01 PM

Yay!! Congrats you must be so excited!!! And loss that is great!!:carrot:

Thurge
02-08-2012, 01:21 PM
So many people to respond too...

@thin4me Lol a big part of how I got this size has to do with better than average cooking skills. I realized I was overeating because I was used to cooking for 4 people. So, since I dislike washing dishes I started eating out more. HUGE mistake... I don't see myself moving to Canada anytime soon but if you are ever in Atlanta you can stop by for dinner.

@Chuckles1330 Yeah, I'm going to try to rule out minor cheats from here on out. No more deep frying and no more pork rinds. It's hard because I love crunchy snacks (but those sea salt and vinegar ridges were ghastly...) I did buy some kale so I can attempt the kale chips I've heard so much about. The cauliflower rice has been working out so I'll try the cauliflower popcorn also. Yeah, I like to cook I have a natural knack for it. I've even made an english muffin style bun out of the Crepe mix. BTW Tofu shirataki and Miracle noodles are the same stuff just with tofu added to give better texture to the noodles. It's probably the difference in texture that is messing you up.

@omgitsmiranda I really don't want to get kicked out of Ketosis. I intentionally only cheated in ways that wouldn't do that. The problem is that they still slow down the process. So while I'm not beating myself up over them I am buckling down on them. My coach told me about MIO last night. He said it's the only approved beverage for IP and then only if you are getting your water.

salmongirl
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
For you and others that are finding yourselves being tired, I am not sure there is a one answer fix for this.
After a month I was riding my bike 3-5 miles a day and walking 5 miles a day and I didn't get home from walking until around 10:00 and then I was having dinner.
So if anything I was the exact opposite when it came to energy.
Maybe you need to space out your meals and snacks differently.

Wow, you are inspirational! Way to go and to keep it off. I am from Idaho too, Salmon. Thanks for posting, it is good to hear the successes!

northernfawn
02-08-2012, 01:27 PM
PS: I'm pretty sure chocolate soy balls can make ANY day better ;)

LIKE!

mompattie
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Good Morning IPeeps,

LIKE!!!!!! Way to go!

salmongirl
02-08-2012, 01:31 PM

3 pounds a week is still good, that is 12 pounds a month and 72 pounds in 6 months...don't knock it! You didn't put it on fast and it isn't going to come off fast. This is a journey so enjoy it! You are doing something so good for yourself.
Have a great day!

le506
02-08-2012, 01:34 PM

I KNOW that a lot of my 5 was water weight, I knew I was starting the program and binged on the "good" stuff....but look at you 8 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks without exercising!

northernfawn
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM

Way to go! you're doing it!!:carrot:

hermine
02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
good morning everyone , I started the IP a week ago today and I have a headache everyday so far. I have tried drinking more water and adding more sea salt nothing helps. any suggestions?

100poundfreeway
02-08-2012, 01:54 PM

Okay I missed it someplace and I have searched a few times but I can't seem to find it can somene please share the cauliflower popcorn with me?? Going to the store tonight and wanted to get what I need for this and kale chips, it's going to be a good weekend :)

glomor
02-08-2012, 01:56 PM
There are a couple of different threads going asking for favorite and non-favorite IP packets. I wasn't sure which one to post on, and besides, when I started typing, I ventured into other things so I decided to just post my ramblings here. I hope that's ok.

It is interesting reading about the favorites and not-so-favorites of the various members. When I started, I received a "sampler" of various non-restricted items--fruit drinks, puddings, soups... I found a couple of the fruit drinks that were tolerable but most of them were nasty to my taste. I ate a lot of mushroom and broccoli soup in the first few weeks. Those were the only soups I liked. Due to a layoff I had to cut back on items purchased, so now for lunch I have either eggs or tuna with veggies. My coach said either choice would be good. So far it hasn't seemed to hinder my weight loss. I was so relieved to find that I didn't have to use the fruit drinks and could still remain on program!

I don't like to cook or spend any more time in the kitchen than I have to, so I have come to a routine that works for me. I know that this might sound boring to most, but I only use a couple of the IP packets. Almost every day I have the chocolate RTD for breakfast. I occasionally mix it up a bit with a pudding--I do like both chocolate and vanilla. I also like the crispy cereal--I see that many of you do not. The omelet mixes were OK, but I prefer real eggs.

In the evening I treat myself with a protein bar and decaf. As far as restricted items, the bars are the only items I have tried. They really satisfy not only the physical hunger, but the emotional one as well. My two favorites are Caramel Nut and Peanut Crunch. Both the RTD and the bars are handy to stick in my purse when I have a busy day. One of the things that amazes me is how filling the IP packets are, even though the portion sizes are somewhat small. A RTD will satisfy my hunger in the morning and usually stave off any cravings until lunchtime.

For dinner I am forced to cook! :dizzy: Lol! I usually make beef or chicken for both me and my husband. His will include a pasta, rice, or potatoes, and mine will include more veggies. I have found some canned tomatoes with added seasonings that I use a couple of times a week. My favorite is S&W brand diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano. Many of the seasoned tomatoes contain added sugar or high fructose corn syrup, but this one does not.

This is a rather simple routine that has evolved through the months. I'm sure it will continue to evolve as I read the posts here and get new ideas. Thanks everyone! :carrot:

heliosmommy
02-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I received my shipment of Miracle Noodles today. I opted for the sample so I also received the noodles that look kinda dark (I can't remember what they're called). Anyway...how do we count the noodles? Are they veg?...confused.

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
HELLOOOOOO everyone!!! I am happy super excited to report ANOTHER 3.1lbs gone today on my 41st week WI making it a TOTAL of 130lbs!!!!.....only 8more lbs to my original goal then my final goal will be 200lbs. My goal is to reach 200lbs by April 27th which will be my ONE YEAR anniversary on IP.

I have just been reading all of the post from today...Congrats to the WI's and the NSV's. I would like to comment about ALL of you who are WORRYING and STRESSING about the weight coming off, all I want to say is STOP STRESSING.....FOLLOW THE SHEET....IT WILL COME OFF. I have been OP for 41 weeks now I have not stressed about how much weight I have loss a week or how many inches are coming off. I see it in the mirror everyday when I look at myself. Even though that tape measure doesn't show I am losing inches my clothes are telling me that I am and I am shrinking. Some of you are expecting too much out of this program, it works different for EVERYONE....Each and everyone of us are different, our bodies are DIFFERENT. It kills me when I see "I ONLY LOSS____" there are people on here who lose .5lbs weekly and those people are perfectly HAPPY about that. This is NOT a miracle plan....it takes hard work, dedication and COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF. I don't want to brag or anything but I AM LIVING PROOF that if you DON"t STRESS and WORRY about 1) the scale 2) tape measure 3)carbs 4)fat 5)what someone else is losing YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!....I have NO DOUBT about that. It is what it is and WILL happen but you have to be mentally ready for EVERYTHING thrown at you.

I ate Friday night at a Brizlian Restaurant Friday night, I had pork tendorlion, filet, rib, sirlion and a salad. Saturday night I had a buffet at one of the casino's, I walked the ENTIRE buffet line EVERYTHING was fried the ONLY thing that wasn't in some type of sauce was the steak, I had that and a salad. This is just proving to me that I AM IN CONTROL, I MAKE MY CHOICES TO EAT WHAT I AM SUPPOSE TOO EAT. Sure I could of eaten anything I wanted to BUT that would have become between me and my goal and I would of broken that commitment I MADE TO MYSELF!

Sorry for the lost post, I am just a little disappointed in the post with the negative things going on. BE PROUD OF EVERY OUNCE YOU LOSE.....NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED IN ANYTHING YOU LOSE.....EVERY OUNCE IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 02:22 PM
I received my shipment of Miracle Noodles today. I opted for the sample so I also received the noodles that look kinda dark (I can't remember what they're called). Anyway...how do we count the noodles? Are they veg?...confused.

They are basically counted as nothing, you do not count them as a veggie. (My coach says they are free IF you have ONE serving)

le506
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Okay I missed it someplace and I have searched a few times but I can't seem to find it can somene please share the cauliflower popcorn with me?? Going to the store tonight and wanted to get what I need for this and kale chips, it's going to be a good weekend :)

1 pound fresh cauliflower
2 teaspoons oil
2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Table Blend seasoning
Salt, to taste
Pinch granular Splenda, to taste, optional
Cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces. Put in a large plastic storage bag or a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the oil over the cauliflower then sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and a little salt. Close bag and shake until florets are coated as evenly as possible or toss well in bowl. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet (I lined mine with nonstick foil). Bake at 400 50-60 minutes, turning them over every 15 minutes. Bake until very dark brown, but not completely burnt. Taste and sprinkle with more salt, if needed, or a very light dusting of granular Splenda, if desired.

think of it like roasting marshmallows, you want dark golden brown but stop before charred!

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 02:27 PM
HELLOOOOOO everyone!!! I am happy super excited to report ANOTHER 3.1lbs gone today on my 41st week WI making it a TOTAL of 130lbs!!!!.....only 8more lbs to my original goal then my final goal will be 200lbs. My goal is to reach 200lbs by April 27th which will be my ONE YEAR anniversary on IP.

I have just been reading all of the post from today...Congrats to the WI's and the NSV's. I would like to comment about ALL of you who are WORRYING and STRESSING about the weight coming off, all I want to say is STOP STRESSING.....FOLLOW THE SHEET....IT WILL COME OFF. I have been OP for 41 weeks now I have not stressed about how much weight I have loss a week or how many inches are coming off. I see it in the mirror everyday when I look at myself. Even though that tape measure doesn't show I am losing inches my clothes are telling me that I am and I am shrinking. Some of you are expecting too much out of this program, it works different for EVERYONE....Each and everyone of us are different, our bodies are DIFFERENT. It kills me when I see "I ONLY LOSS____" there are people on here who lose .5lbs weekly and those people are perfectly HAPPY about that. This is NOT a miracle plan....it takes hard work, dedication and COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF. I don't want to brag or anything but I AM LIVING PROOF that if you DON"t STRESS and WORRY about 1) the scale 2) tape measure 3)carbs 4)fat 5)what someone else is losing YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!....I have NO DOUBT about that. It is what it is and WILL happen but you have to be mentally ready for EVERYTHING thrown at you.

I ate Friday night at a Brizlian Restaurant Friday night, I had pork tendorlion, filet, rib, sirlion and a salad. Saturday night I had a buffet at one of the casino's, I walked the ENTIRE buffet line EVERYTHING was fried the ONLY thing that wasn't in some type of sauce was the steak, I had that and a salad. This is just proving to me that I AM IN CONTROL, I MAKE MY CHOICES TO EAT WHAT I AM SUPPOSE TOO EAT. Sure I could of eaten anything I wanted to BUT that would have become between me and my goal and I would of broken that commitment I MADE TO MYSELF!

Sorry for the lost post, I am just a little disappointed in the post with the negative things going on. BE PROUD OF EVERY OUNCE YOU LOSE.....NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED IN ANYTHING YOU LOSE.....EVERY OUNCE IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!

I love your posts always <3

chshedtchr
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I read on an earlier post about the protithin food packets listed on nasua nutrition website.Is it okay to use or supplement these packets? They are soo much cheaper but I dont want to jeopardize anything. I am finally feeling a bit more energetic this week. Also is it okay to drink naturally flavored sparkling water (walmart has some really good flavors.) they are 0/0/0 but have aspartame. Is crystal light ok? Thanks!!!

ipsbest4me
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM

PHENOMENAL! You, Wuv, are an inspiration and a treasure. Congratulations!!

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I read on an earlier post about the protithin food packets listed on nasua nutrition website.Is it okay to use or supplement these packets? They are soo much cheaper but I dont want to jeopardize anything. I am finally feeling a bit more energetic this week. Also is it okay to drink naturally flavored sparkling water (walmart has some really good flavors.) they are 0/0/0 but have aspartame. Is crystal light ok? Thanks!!!

You just really have to read, read, read, every single thing in the packets because not ALL of them are okay! I order from there, I get the chocolate soy balls by Protithin and they're delicious :)

Some people use aspartame in moderation, some people don't. I don't do Crystal Lite, but some people do. I use MiO or lemon/lime juice ;)

le506
02-08-2012, 02:37 PM

A number of people use alternatives (search the boards for ideas) just compare all of the nutritional info to make sure they are similar.
Aspartame is a no-no: people and coaches vary on Crystal Light/MIO etc, but basically a little bit once a day is okay

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 02:39 PM

IMO, If you have the sparkling water have it as a "TREAT" don't use it as your everyday consumption. I use the crystal like everyday, I usually have 2-3 glasses my other glasses are with MIO. I drink 132+oz of water a day.

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 02:41 PM

I have attached a PDF file of IP compared to some of the alternatives so that you can get an idea of how they compare. Hope this helps you

Pamelama
02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Ok, been on 40mg of Prednisone for a week (3 more days to go). Prednisone is a great drug when you need it, but horrible side effects can occur. Most common, it increases insulin, causes major cravings, water retention,etc... All temporary, but still stinks.

OK, READY FOR THIS?

I lost 4 POUNDS this week while on Prednisone! :carrot:

Never in my life would I thought this would happen. I was a bit hungrier at times this week, but not out of control, "get out of my way or I'll eat you too cravings.". I'm convinced it was from being on IPfor the past 2 months that made the difference. My pancreas is resting, my body is working the way it should and not as sensitive to everything.

Thank you IP!! I'm now down 31 pounds in 8 weeks! I'm still in shock! :dizzy:

heliosmommy
02-08-2012, 02:47 PM
They are basically counted as nothing, you do not count them as a veggie. (My coach says they are free IF you have ONE serving)

Thanks!! You're the best!

evilwomaniamshe
02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Just wanted to say wuv2bloved, WOW just 8 lbs to GOALIO huh? Girl, you have done AMAZINGLY well & look so much happier! :) Awesome loss chicka, BRAVO to you!

MaMaZu
02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
OK, READY FOR THIS?

I lost 4 POUNDS this week while on Prednisone! :carrot:

Never in my life would I thought this would happen. I was a bit hungrier at times this week, but not out of control, "get out of my way or I'll eat you too cravings.". I'm convinced it was from being on IPfor the past 2 months that made the difference. My pancreas is resting, my body is working the
way it should and not as sensitive to everything.

Thank you IP!! I'm now down 31 pounds in 8 weeks! I'm still in shock! :dizzy:

That is beyond incredible! Go Pamelama! Go IP!

chshedtchr
02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
I have attached a PDF file of IP compared to some of the alternatives so that you can get an idea of how they compare. Hope this helps you

Thank You so much ! You are truly an inspiration and a help!!!

Thanks to everyone for your answers!

Wayward
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
On drinks like crystal light get the non -aspartame version.
I stuck with Mio, and I used it everyday and never had issues.
Actually I still drink it everyday, I really like to mix the new Orange flavor with Fruit Punch.
And the new Cherry Energy version is pretty good too.

Just got done drinking my cappuccino lunch, yep that's still what I have for lunch even off diet... it's just too quick and easy to have everyday.

jrucktaeschel
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
:?: :?: :?:Today I went to WI and I lost 2.2 lbs but I gained 2 inches... I am bummed as my pants are fitting looser... I have 87 days to lose as I am heading on a carribean cruise. I so want to be in a bathing suit. I get bored of eating the same foods. I am not to quine into eating all the lettuce. I am a picky eater when it comes to vegetables. (of course I like the ones we can't have lol) I started doing Zumba and that is what they are telling me why I gained 2 inches :( I love doing that at night as it allows me to relax when I am done and go straight to sleep. Any suggestions??? :?: :?: :?:

beckyjo
02-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I think you just have to remember that although we are not losing as much as other people, the weight is still coming off MUCH QUICKER than any other diet. Ive been on them all...trust me ;)

That is so true and I am not craving anything and the is a plus

janniegoingdown
02-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Just a little hint for the kale chips. Watch them carefully and don't let them get brown. I find if I roast them a little and then turn the oven off and let them sit and dry works the best. Enjoy!

beckyjo
02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I KNOW that a lot of my 5 was water weight, I knew I was starting the program and binged on the "good" stuff....but look at you 8 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks without exercising!

That is true I am excited to start doing a little exercise I am ready for that. Wish you all the best.

Goldenrod
02-08-2012, 04:35 PM
BE PROUD OF EVERY OUNCE YOU LOSE.....NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED IN ANYTHING YOU LOSE.....EVERY OUNCE IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouraging words!! I needed them. You've been an inspiration to me.

alex1space
02-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know how the atkins box drinks compare to the IP box drinks?

100poundfreeway
02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
2 teaspoons oil
Salt, to taste
Cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces. Put in a large plastic storage bag or a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the oil over the cauliflower then sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and a little salt. Close bag and shake until florets are coated as evenly as possible or toss well in bowl. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet (I lined mine with nonstick foil). Bake at 400 50-60 minutes, turning them over every 15 minutes. Bake until very dark brown, but not completely burnt. Taste and sprinkle with more salt, if needed, or a very light dusting of granular Splenda, if desired.

think of it like roasting marshmallows, you want dark golden brown but stop before charred!

Thank you so much!! Can't wait to try them, they do take a bit of time it will have to wait till the weekend :)

100poundfreeway
02-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Just a little hint for the kale chips. Watch them carefully and don't let them get brown. I find if I roast them a little and then turn the oven off and let them sit and dry works the best. Enjoy!

oooo good to know, thanks!

100poundfreeway
02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks!! You're the best!

Interesting where do you get these noodles?

glomor
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
2 teaspoons oil
Salt, to taste

Do you have to eat these when they are warm? I was thinking it would be great to have something to sneak into the movie theatre! :sssh:

glomor
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Another good WI today--2 more pounds! WooooHoooo! :carrot:

My coach is great. I had several packets that I will probably never use and she allowed me to trade them in for some that I like. :)

Also I found out that when I lose 50 pounds I get a free box of products! 2 more pounds to go--great incentive! :cb:

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Another good WI today--2 more pounds! WooooHoooo! :carrot:

My coach is great. I had several packets that I will probably never use and she allowed me to trade them in for some that I like. :)

Also I found out that when I lose 50 pounds I get a free box of products! 2 more pounds to go--great incentive! :cb:
WOOHOO!!!!!...that is great!!...When I reached my 100lb mark I got the whole week free!!!....whoop whoop!!...keep up the great job!

mompattie
02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Sorry for the lost post, I am just a little disappointed in the post with the negative things going on. BE PROUD OF EVERY OUNCE YOU LOSE.....NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED IN ANYTHING YOU LOSE.....EVERY OUNCE IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!![/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN LISA!!!!! I was thinking the same thing - a bit of a butt kicking was in order as it's easy to fall into the trap of WORRY and FRET! I needed it too today - was feeling bloated and cranky - I only weight at WI so don't know how the scale is doing, but I AM DOING THIS FOR ME and I've made a committment to myself! I'm important and it's darn time I moved myself up on my "to do" list. THANKS for the reminder!!! Your weight loss journey is inspiring and I am thankful to have you "in" my life (through this board). :hug:

shiipa
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
What can be the reason for a person not to reach ketosis? My friend and I have been doing IP for 2 weeks. I am in ketosis and she is not. We did the 'pee on a stick thing' today :D

le506
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Do you have to eat these when they are warm? I was thinking it would be great to have something to sneak into the movie theatre! :sssh:

I'm not sure... they've never lasted that long!;)
I'll make a batch tonight and leave one or two out and see then if you remind me I'll let you know on the daily thread tomorrow

infoplease
02-08-2012, 07:11 PM
What can be the reason for a person not to reach ketosis? My friend and I have been doing IP for 2 weeks. I am in ketosis and she is not. We did the 'pee on a stick thing' today :D

I'm going to assume your friend is following the program to the best of his/her ability (aka not cheating...)

Is your friend experiencing any of the ketosis symptoms?
Sometimes it just doesn't show up on the sticks.

Is your friend drinking lots of water? Sometimes that keeps it from showing up on the sticks.

I read a post today, and I don't remember who posted, that said she took extra weeks "to get there" because she is hypothyroid.

Other posters have mentioned that some people are just extra sensitive to carbs and need to drop "restricteds" although the general consensus is that these don't typically impact weight loss or ketosis and in some cases help (that is, only 1 restricted per day helps with motivation, etc).

Do any of those apply?

shiipa
02-08-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm going to assume your friend is following the program to the best of his/her ability (aka not cheating...)

Is your friend experiencing any of the ketosis symptoms?
Sometimes it just doesn't show up on the sticks.

Is your friend drinking lots of water? Sometimes that keeps it from showing up on the sticks.

I read a post today, and I don't remember who posted, that said she took extra weeks "to get there" because she is hypothyroid.

Other posters have mentioned that some people are just extra sensitive to carbs and need to drop "restricteds" although the general consensus is that these don't typically impact weight loss or ketosis and in some cases help (that is, only 1 restricted per day helps with motivation, etc).

Do any of those apply?

Thank you. Yes, she drank a lot of water. Maybe she should try again in the morning before she starts drinking.

idealpromom
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone !
WI #16 today and for the first time.... I lost nothing :( - but ... I didn't gain.

WingnutandMe
02-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I know for me just being able to get a few good whiffs of something is almost better than actually eating it. My co-worker thought I was going to inhale her lasagna a few days ago LOL! I still do it at restaurants but have to be much more discrete so I don't look like a wierdo :dizzy:

I saw where looking at food and being satisfied was called foodography. Some word created to parallel to pornography. Seems pretty funny. Think about ir, we're getting satisfaction just looking.

I just made my husband a bacon cheeseburger. I so enjoyed crafting it and looking at it. That was enough. I could now simply enjoy my plain sirloin burger with roasted asparagus and mushrooms.

Gaia
02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I have been on IP since the end of October. I know that it is not uncommon to have spotting at the beginning - however, I am STILL spotting. I had an IUD inserted mid-January for other menstrual issues and the spotting has turned into more like a light to medium period. Anyone else have a similar issue?

newmom7611
02-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Question for some of the veterans. For dinner, I usually eat chicken -- but I had big mac in a bowl last night after not having it for about 2 months an it...was... Amazing!!! I forgot how good it was. My question is, how many times a week do you think I could safely have this. I'm trying to lower my cholesterol but doc says that I'd have to cut out all types of animal protein to do that. Man, I'd love to have "BMIAB" several nights a week :)

idealpromom
02-08-2012, 08:11 PM
That is so true and I am not craving anything and the is a plus

that is so true... as my coach explained that today as I maintained... she said you could never lose 43lb in 4 months on weight watchers.... need to stay focused !!!

binkbaby
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Just started the program today and was wondering if you have to eliminate the amount of coffee you drink during the day. Also, can you chew sugar free gum?

Harmothoe
02-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I have been on IP since the end of October. I know that it is not uncommon to have spotting at the beginning - however, I am STILL spotting. I had an IUD inserted mid-January for other menstrual issues and the spotting has turned into more like a light to medium period. Anyone else have a similar issue?

I have a Mirena, and now that you mention it, I am spotting more since I went on the program. I didn't connect the dots until I saw your post.

I wonder if all that soy is estrogenic enough to cause this.

erin2314
02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Just started the program today and was wondering if you have to eliminate the amount of coffee you drink during the day. Also, can you chew sugar free gum?

I think every coach has a different take on it, but the way my coach explained it was that caffeinated coffee and tea does not count toward your water but caffeine-free does. Also, she said that sugar-free gum was okay. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the dessert delights because it satisfies the craves for something sweet after dinner.

Bellamack
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Hello IPeeps!

Eveyone is doing so well and Lisa, YOU ROCK!

JESTERZ623
02-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi there! My first day on the program and I have to say the level of support here looks incredible. I'm so happy to have found this forum, and so too is my girlfriend, who is doing the program with me!

I searched for both "carbs" and "grams" and didn't come across the answer to this question:

How many grams of carbs are normal during on OP day? Our coach didn't restrict anything except for bars for the first week, and we both had an extra 1/2 packet this evening because we were still hungry.

We ended up over 60g of carbs today. Is this too much to end up in ketosis in the next several days?

mompattie
02-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Help!!!!! I've been 100% OP!!! On week 5 now.... Supper was roast beef and turnip fries (about 2 cups cooked) had salad for lunch and a bar... I just checked a ketostix and it's negative!!!! How can I be out of ketosis??? Would turnip fries throw me out??? Or maybe the test is wrong? Ack!!!

thin4me
02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Just a quick update, I had a crappy weigh in last week when I went up by 3.? lbs even though 100% OP, just back from my weigh in and I lost 6.2lbs - I have never ever done that before!!!!!! :)

I'm off to update my ticker

mtnsun4
02-08-2012, 09:20 PM
I have a Mirena, and now that you mention it, I am spotting more since I went on the program. I didn't connect the dots until I saw your post.

I have Mirena as well and my spotting increased the first couple of weeks. This week I have had some heavy duty cramping for a couple of days but it stopped. Hmmm, definitely think it is related.

mtnsun4
02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Help!!!!! I've been 100% OP!!! On week 5 now.... Supper was roast beef and turnip fries (about 2 cups cooked) had salad for lunch and a bar... I just checked a ketostix and it's negative!!!! How can I be out of ketosis??? Would turnip fries throw me out??? Or maybe the test is wrong? Ack!!!

It is my understanding from past research that you can still be in ketosis, even if it is not registering on the stix. Also, the amount of water you drink can have an affect. I wouldn't worry....you should be good!:)

Tripmama
02-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Nice job! Day 22 for me still OP all the way.

Tripmama
02-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Way to keep on it. Sometimes, the body can be mysterious.

ShanCo
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Woohoo! Weigh-in #5 and down 4.4 lbs for a total of 27.2 in 5 weeks!!!

Tripmama
02-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Sounds good- thanks for the recipe.

DanafromAustin
02-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Thank you. Yes, she drank a lot of water. Maybe she should try again in the morning before she starts drinking.

The only time you should use the sticks is first pee of the morning before you drink anything. And if the sticks only show a trace that is perfectly fine too as you will still be in ketosis.

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi there! My first day on the program and I have to say the level of support here looks incredible. I'm so happy to have found this forum, and so too is my girlfriend, who is doing the program with me!

I searched for both "carbs" and "grams" and didn't come across the answer to this question:

How many grams of carbs are normal during on OP day? Our coach didn't restrict anything except for bars for the first week, and we both had an extra 1/2 packet this evening because we were still hungry.

We ended up over 60g of carbs today. Is this too much to end up in ketosis in the next several days?
You are WORRYING about something YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT!!!!!.....its ALL figured out for you!....the packets are designed to work with each other. ALL you need to worry about is that you have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted a day, 4 cups of veggies and 8oz of MEAT....THAT IS IT....SIMPLE.....YOU DON'T have to figure ANYTHING OUT!!!...y'all make this way harder than what it is!

AGAIN!!!!....you are worrying about something for nothing.....turnip fries are OP, roast is OP....Point BLANK.....if you are eating what is on the sheet YOU WILL STAY IN KETOSIS.....I HAVE NEVER TESTED myself NOT ONCE with the stixs and I have been on the program for 9 months....41 weeks....JUST FOLLOW THE SHEET and STOP WORRYING!!!!!

efrikanprincess
02-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi!! I have been following the IP discussions on 3FC for about a month and this thread was the final push that convinced me to start IP. I started 1/31/12 and lost 5lbs on my first WI!

As a busy third year medical student getting married in June in Jamaica, I need to lose all of that weight that I packed on studying, sitting and snacking mindlessly! That bikini & wedding dress are waiting for a skinnier Victoria!

I'm so grateful for all of the advice and shared stories of challenges and successes!! You have all helped me get through the first week and continue to help me stay motivated to reach my goal! THANK YOU :)

DanafromAustin
02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone !
WI #16 today and for the first time.... I lost nothing :( - but ... I didn't gain.
Same thing happened to me this week for the first time, but this morning I checked and the scale moved a bit. So hang in there because you know it will move again!

All coaches are different. Mine says no sugar free gum. As for the coffee, just remember if you drink coffee with caffeine then you will need to up your water amount for the day
Don't use the sticks at night. Only first thing in the morning before you drink anything. If you are 100% OP, then you are still in ketosis. All the water we drink during the day will dilute our pee so you won't get an accurate reading on the stick.

DanafromAustin
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi!! I have been following the IP discussions on 3FC for about a month and this thread was the final push that convinced me to start IP. I started 1/31/12 and lost 5lbs on my first WI!

As a busy third year medical student getting married in June in Jamaica, I need to lose all of that weight that I packed on studying, sitting and snacking mindlessly! That bikini & wedding dress is waiting for a skinner Victoria!

I'm so grateful for all of the advice and shared stories of challenges and successes!! You have all helped me get through the first week and continue to help me stay motivated to reach my goal! THANK YOU :)
Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm sure by June you will be one skinny bride.

mompattie
02-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Same thing happened to me this week for the first time, but this morning I checked and the scale moved a bit. So hang in there because you know it will move again!

All coaches are different. Mine says no sugar free gum. As for the coffee, just remember if you drink coffee with caffeine then you will need to up your water amount for the day

Don't use the sticks at night. Only first thing in the morning before you drink anything. If you are 100% OP, then you are still in ketosis. All the water we drink during the day will dilute our pee so you won't get an accurate reading on the stick.

THANKS for the help!! I thought it through a while and realized there is no way I'm out of ketosis since I've been 100% OP for 5 weeks. Must have dilute pee I guess! LOL! Thanks for the reassurance!!! Appreciate it!

patns
02-08-2012, 10:30 PM
You are WORRYING about something YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT!!!!!.....its ALL figured out for you!....the packets are designed to work with each other. ALL you need to worry about is that you have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted a day, 4 cups of veggies and 8oz of MEAT....THAT IS IT....SIMPLE.....YOU DON'T have to figure ANYTHING OUT!!!...y'all make this way harder than what it is!

AGAIN!!!!....you are worrying about something for nothing.....turnip fries are OP, roast is OP....Point BLANK.....if you are eating what is on the sheet YOU WILL STAY IN KETOSIS.....I HAVE NEVER TESTED myself NOT ONCE with the stixs and I have been on the program for 9 months....41 weeks....JUST FOLLOW THE SHEET and STOP WORRYING!!!!!

Thanks for this WUV. I meant to post earlier in the day about the carb counting that is suddenly going on big time.

Why are so many people lately quoting 20 carbs as the daily total? That sounds like the number for the old style low carb plans.
If you follow the IP protocol sheet exactly and put everything into a tracker like myfitnesspal it comes out at around 40 carbs a day.

This is the reason I like this much better than the old type of low carb diets.
On those I always regained every pound back instantly as soon as I got off the first phase and added a bit of carbs back. This plan gives a controlled amount of carbs daily right from the get go and the body gets used to that way of eating.

As WUV says the work has all been done for you, you don't have to figure anything out just follow the sheet.

Throw the k stixs away. They don't work if you are drinking the amount of water you should be drinking.

How do you know you are in ketosis?? If you have always been a person who couldn't pass up a carb laden "goody" to save your life and you now can be among all your office mates scarfing them down and you don't give it a second thought you are in ketosis.

Listen to WUV and back off with the panic, stress is very hard on weight loss.

Pat

Vamprist
02-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first time on any kind of community website so I apologize if I'm not doing this correctly.

I started IP on Dec 6th, 2011 at 189lbs. I am now 165lbs and counting. However, my weight has not decreased in the last 3 weeks/weigh ins. I am following IP correctly and have even cut out the once a day item to cut down my caloric intake. I am losing some inches but very minimal (.5 of an inch). I've also gained a pound which isn't much of anything but 1 pound gain on this diet shouldn't be happening. I also started the detox portion of the diet, almost two weeks ago, which is supposed to help increase the weightloss. But again, no pounds lost.

I'm beginning to feel incredibly frustrated and discouraged. My coach is great and always positive but I still feel blah.

Has anyone had this issue or can give me any suggestions? Do I quit the program for a few days and start again? Keep going and hope for the best? Start exercising?

If anyone can provide some insight on this, I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you so much!

northernfawn
02-08-2012, 10:33 PM

This probably has nothing to do with IP. I had a Mirena iud inserted last Sept and was told by my doc that it would take up to 6 months for my periods to settle and then end. I had period for about 7 weeks in the Fall, and have had several times when the spotting has become a light period. Nothing to worry about just an inconvenience and it will settle down..

patns
02-08-2012, 10:35 PM

As a busy third year medical student getting married in June in Jamaica, I need to lose all of that weight that I packed on studying, sitting and snacking mindlessly! That bikini & wedding dress is waiting for a skinner Victoria!

Congratulations!! You will be so happy in June that you made this decision now. This is such an exciting time for you, enjoy it.

Pat

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 10:41 PM

Thanks for this WUV. I meant to post earlier in the day about the carb counting that is suddenly going on big time.

Why are so many people lately quoting 20 carbs as the daily total? That sounds like the number for the old style low carb plans.
If you follow the IP protocol sheet exactly and put everything into a tracker like myfitnesspal it comes out at around 40 carbs a day.

This is the reason I like this much better than the old type of low carb diets.
On those I always regained every pound back instantly as soon as I got off the first phase and added a bit of carbs back. This plan gives a controlled amount of carbs daily right from the get go and the body gets used to that way of eating.

As WUV says the work has all been done for you, you don't have to figure anything out just follow the sheet.

Throw the k stixs away. They don't work if you are drinking the amount of water you should be drinking.

How do you know you are in ketosis?? If you have always been a person who couldn't pass up a carb laden "goody" to save your life and you now can be among all your office mates scarfing them down and you don't give it a second thought you are in ketosis.

Listen to WUV and back off with the panic, stress is very hard on weight loss.

Pat

This this this! Also, I used to think like this in the beginning & it eventually goes away if you let it. Once you get into the flow of things you will KNOW it's working & it WON'T matter any longer. You will just have your "daily plan" or set up however you wanna look at it & you just go with the flow. :) It gets easier! and better! :)

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
. I am following IP correctly and have even cut out the once a day item to cut down my caloric intake.
What do you mean you cut this out....its on the sheet you follow it.....you don't cut anything out!

Vamprist
02-08-2012, 10:45 PM
My coach suggested cutting out the one a day and replacing it with the twice a day items. So instead of the bars, zippers, etc. I have another drink, or soup.

maykatcooper
02-08-2012, 10:45 PM

Maybe I've been doing it wrong but I count them as WONDERFUL and FREE.
:o I hope I haven't screwed up!

omgzitsmiranda
02-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Maybe I've been doing it wrong but I count them as WONDERFUL and FREE.
:o I hope I haven't screwed up!

I've been told & read that they count as *free* if you have ONE serving :) Not towards veggies, just "free" :)

patns
02-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first time on any kind of community website so I apologize if I'm not doing this correctly.

I started IP on Dec 6th, 2011 at 189lbs. I am now 165lbs and counting. However, my weight has not decreased in the last 3 weeks/weigh ins. I am following IP correctly and have even cut out the once a day item to cut down my caloric intake. I am losing some inches but very minimal (.5 of an inch). I've also gained a pound which isn't much of anything but 1 pound gain on this diet shouldn't be happening. I also started the detox portion of the diet, almost two weeks ago, which is supposed to help increase the weightloss. But again, no pounds lost.

I'm beginning to feel incredibly frustrated and discouraged. My coach is great and always positive but I still feel blah.

Has anyone had this issue or can give me any suggestions? Do I quit the program for a few days and start again? Keep going and hope for the best? Start exercising?

If anyone can provide some insight on this, I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you so much!

You have done very well so far!! Good for you.
I'll bet you are having this latest set back because you have cut back to too little food.
The plan is very low cal to begin with.

In your case I would add back the daily restricted; use some recipes for the packages that use the two egg whites allowed; make sure you are getting the olive oil in (not just using it for cooking, measure it out for salad dressing), have a huge salad everyday and mix up your protein sources at the "regular" meal. Don't always pick the lowest fat option such as chicken breast.
Go back to the protocol sheet and make sure you are getting everything in that's allowed. I am sure you will see a nice loss again after a week of following the plan with everything included.

Oh and of course water, water, water!!!

Pat

maykatcooper
02-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I've been told & read that they count as *free* if you have ONE serving :) Not towards veggies, just "free" :)

WHOO HOO I love FREE!:carrot:

Vamprist
02-08-2012, 10:56 PM
You have done very well so far!! Good for you.
I'll bet you are having this latest set back because you have cut back to too little food.
The plan is very low cal to begin with.

In your case I would add back the daily restricted; use some recipes for the packages that use the two egg whites allowed; make sure you are getting the olive oil in (not just using it for cooking, measure it out for salad dressing), have a huge salad everyday and mix up your protein sources at the "regular" meal. Don't always pick the lowest fat option such as chicken breast.
Go back to the protocol sheet and make sure you are getting everything in that's allowed. I am sure you will see a nice loss again after a week of following the plan with everything included.

Oh and of course water, water, water!!!

Pat

Thank you!! When the weight starting coming off, I was super excited. Still am because this diet is a dream come true.

I was told to replace the 1 a day with another every day item to lower the caloric intake. I think the diet is around 900 calories a day and my coach wants it to be 700 or so. I also drink 12 cups of water throughout the day which includes green tea.

Perhaps I should go back to the 1 day and see what happens?

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Thank you!! When the weight starting coming off, I was super excited. Still am because this diet is a dream come true.

I was told to replace the 1 a day with another every day item to lower the caloric intake. I think the diet is around 900 calories a day and my coach wants it to be 700 or so. I also drink 12 cups of water throughout the day which includes green tea.

Perhaps I should go back to the 1 day and see what happens?

WOW!!!....that is what is going on....you are going into starvation mode...your body is HOLDING onto EVERY ounce because it thinks you aren't going to feed it.....I am with Pat....UP your intake!

Vamprist
02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
WOW!!!....that is what is going on....you are going into starvation mode...your body is HOLDING onto EVERY ounce because it thinks you aren't going to feed it.....I am with Pat....UP your intake!

Sounds like a plan ladies! I never would have guessed I was going into starvation mode. That sucks but I'm happy to know this is fixable. *fingers crossed*. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with this!! :hug:

Let's hope Saturday's weigh in is less depressing :)

thin4me
02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I started IP on Dec 6th, 2011 at 189lbs. I am now 165lbs and counting. However, my weight has not decreased in the last 3 weeks/weigh ins. I am following IP correctly and have even cut out the once a day item to cut down my caloric intake. I am losing some inches but very minimal (.5 of an inch). I've also gained a pound which isn't much of anything but 1 pound gain on this diet shouldn't be happening. I also started the detox portion of the diet, almost two weeks ago, which is supposed to help increase the weightloss.

First off you shouldn't cut out any of the 3 products that are required per day, you are correct that it would reduce your caloric intake however that puts your body into starvation mode. When in starvation mode your body will not want to give up any of its fat.

I have had an issue lately losing weight but had a fantastic weigh in this morning. The only thing different I did this past week was replace my morning IP shake with the Premier Protein Shakes from Costco at 30grams of protein. Perhaps my body requires the extra protein - I'll see how next week goes.

patns
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
I think your coach is on the wrong track with that but that's just me.
The plan is very carefully planned out with lots of research so I don't know why your coach is messing with a good thing.

I am your height and started IP at around you current weight although I had worked my way down from 204 but that took 5 years.
i stalled quite often and then realized I was not getting my oil in and I had cut the fat to next to nothing because I was usually eating chicken breast or lean ground turkey as my protein choice.
My coach told me right from the beginning that the people who were most successful were the ones who had a huge salad with a variety of veggies each day. She said to really take advantage of the free lettuce for that, I use romaine. She also said the choice to have two egg whites a day is a great way to add protein for minimal calories.
If you have not lost for three weeks eating the amount you posted on the other thread you are definitely in starvation mode.
Adding the restricted back will be a first step but think about the egg whites, big salads filled with lettuce, the olive oil and also a good variety of protein at the main meal.
your coaches idea of cutting back on calories isn't working.
Look at the response WUV wrote a few posts ago on this thread about the work being done for you with the protocol sheet and make sure you get everything on them in each day.

Vamprist
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I think your coach is on the wrong track with that but that's just me.
The plan is very carefully planned out with lots of research so I don't know why your coach is messing with a good thing.

I am your height and started IP at around you current weight although I had worked my way down from 204 but that took 5 years.
i stalled quite often and then realized I was not getting my oil in and I had cut the fat to next to nothing because I was usually eating chicken breast or lean ground turkey as my protein choice.
My coach told me right from the beginning that the people who were most successful were the ones who had a huge salad with a variety of veggies each day. She said to really take advantage of the free lettuce for that, I use romaine. She also said the choice to have two egg whites a day is a great way to add protein for minimal calories.
If you have not lost for three weeks eating the amount you posted on the other thread you are definitely in starvation mode.
Adding the restricted back will be a first step but think about the egg whites, big salads filled with lettuce, the olive oil and also a good variety of protein at the main meal.
your coaches idea of cutting back on calories isn't working.
Look at the response WUV wrote a few posts ago on this thread about the work being done for you with the protocol sheet and make sure you get everything on them in each day.

I started at a higher weight as well and lost 10 lbs on the master cleanse. Not something I recommend to anyone btw! A 14 day starvation cleanse isn't the way to go for weightloss.

I'm afraid I don't know about the egg white option. Is that in addition to the meal plan? Perhaps the extra protein will help. My coach didn't say much about the oil but I saw it as an option in the reading materials. I think I'll start adding that in as well and the big salad for lunch and dinner too. I haven't been eating any lettuce even though it is unlimited. Think I'll print off WUV's post and keep it with me so I can ensure I'm getting everything in.

patns
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
First off you shouldn't cut out any of the 3 products that are required per day, you are correct that it would reduce your caloric intake however that puts your body into starvation mode. When in starvation mode your body will not want to give up any of its fat.

I have had an issue lately losing weight but had a fantastic weigh in this morning. The only thing different I did this past week was replace my morning IP shake with the Premier Protein Shakes from Costco at 30grams of protein. Perhaps my body requires the extra protein - I'll see how next week goes.

OMG!!! What a weigh in!! I am so excited for you. But I don't want you battle you in the Costco parking lot over the remaining drinks!! But maybe you go to GP not Edmonton.

I got into those drinks because a friend had weight loss surgery. Her doctor told her the trick for good loss was "30 in 30". That is 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of getting up. As a total non morning person with a long commute that sounded undoable, then right after that I saw those drinks.

Good job on getting right on track this week. If i saw a loss like that someone would have to revive me!

Vamprist
02-08-2012, 11:25 PM

Congrats on the fantastic weigh in!

Do keep me posted on the extra protein shake from Costco. If it's working, it's definitely worth looking into at this point. Since I seem to be starving myself, the extra protein could do me wonders!

Ylanthe
02-08-2012, 11:28 PM

I have a Mirena as well. My doctor told me that fat cells store estrogen. It stands to reason that as we drop the fat (yippee!) we also release the estrogen, and that's what is messing with the cycle. I have gone MONTHS without anything, and as soon as I start dropping a bit of weight I start getting spotting and mini periods. Compared to what I had, I'm okay with that!

:carrot:

patns
02-08-2012, 11:31 PM
I started at a higher weight as well and lost 10 lbs on the master cleanse. Not something I recommend to anyone btw! A 14 day starvation cleanse isn't the way to go for weightloss.

I'm afraid I don't know about the egg white option. Is that in addition to the meal plan? Perhaps the extra protein will help. My coach didn't say much about the oil but I saw it as an option in the reading materials. I think I'll start adding that in as well and the big salad for lunch and dinner too. I haven't been eating any lettuce even though it is unlimited. Think I'll print off WUV's post and keep it with me so I can ensure I'm getting everything in.

Also make sure you have a copy of the protocol sheet too and follow that like the bible as WUV said.
Your body must think war has been declared with the master cleanse then the calorie cutting coach. It will be so must easier if you totally follow the protocol sheet.
I am certainly not the poster child for quick weight loss but every little bit keeps adding up. You will be so happy by summer that you did this. We need to be in top shape to battle the killer mosquitoes if it is anything like last year!

Vamprist
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Also make sure you have a copy of the protocol sheet too and follow that like the bible as WUV said.
Your body must think war has been declared with the master cleanse then the calorie cutting coach. It will be so must easier if you totally follow the protocol sheet.
I am certainly not the poster child for quick weight loss but every little bit keeps adding up. You will be so happy by summer that you did this. We need to be in top shape to battle the killer mosquitoes if it is anything like last year!

So true about those mosquitoes!!! Thank you so much for all you advice with this. It's been a hopeless battle these last few weeks.

Ylanthe
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
This is my first full week back doing IP 100%, I thought I'd drop 3 or 4 pounds, a terrific loss I would have been thrilled to have. I lost 8.4 pounds! WOOHOO!!! That's 4.2 pounds OVER what I had gained back from my December "break". Yay!

Congratulations to everyone on your awesome weigh-ins & NSV's, it looks like we all had another great OP day!

:D:carrot::D:carrot:

grassfedbeef
02-09-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure... they've never lasted that long!;)
I'll make a batch tonight and leave one or two out and see then if you remind me I'll let you know on the daily thread tomorrow

Are they actually crunchy like popcorn?

tenniels
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
You will be so happy by summer that you did this. We need to be in top shape to battle the killer mosquitoes if it is anything like last year!

Agh Pat!!!!! I had all but forgotten about those blasted mosquitoes from last year!!!!! Gosh that was miserable!!!! I got a good chuckle when I read that though :)

rmdenes
02-09-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm new to the thread, I've been lurking around for about a month or so now and I thought I would join!

I started IP January 11 i've lost 12 pounds so far which I'm very pleased with I've had my moments where I've gotten off track I love carbs more then anything that is all my diet consisted of, I don't eat red meat or pork.
Its been hard to stick to the diet at times but over all not bad.
I reallu enjoy the chocolate puff and alll the chocolate bars (I love chocolate)
I only drink the shakes, I don't like the soups or puddings.
I enjoy reading everyone's posts, everyone is so supportive of eachother.
I love seeing all the great weigh ins.
Good Luck Eveyone with your Weigh ins today!!

carolirish
02-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Hello All. I had great success with a diet similar to IP in the months before Christmas but my Christmas indulgence lasted longer than it should have! So today I am back on track. I'd forgotten how great the support on this site really is. So best of luck everyone.

carolirish
02-09-2012, 02:58 AM
@rmdenes....This site is great to look at everyday for inspiration. Good luck with your diet journey.

Mischyff
02-09-2012, 09:04 AM

That's awesome, congrats and you're right the jeans are great!

Mischyff
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
This is my first full week back doing IP 100%, I thought I'd drop 3 or 4 pounds, a terrific loss I would have been thrilled to have. I lost 8.4 pounds! WOOHOO!!! That's 4.2 pounds OVER what I had gained back from my December "break". Yay!

Congratulations to everyone on your awesome weigh-ins & NSV's, it looks like we all had another great OP day!

:D:carrot::D:carrot:
awesome weight loss for week one, keep it up!

Mischyff
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM

very well said, Wuv, thank you for your wise words and congrats on your weight loss! You look wonderful :)

After4yrS
02-09-2012, 09:54 AM
That's awesome, congrats and you're right the jeans are great!
That is awesome,you motivate me to continue!

After4yrS
02-09-2012, 09:56 AM

That's awesome you success motivates me to continue! WI # 4 Tuesday and I have lost a total of 21 lbs

Tripmama
02-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Actually, now that you mention it, I have been going to bed early and sleeping well (except for peeing). I just think my body is telling me I need rejuvenating while cleansing my body. You are losing quickly, which means your body is working hard creating energy from your fat stores (ketosis). Your body is having to work for energy instead of waiting for the carbs/sugars you used to be feeding it. I think my coach would say add an extra IP if you are feeling that fatigued.

Tripmama
02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Good to know. Have a great IP day.

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Please join us in TODAY's thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/252552-ip-daily-chat-thursday-2-9-2012-a.html

wuv2bloved
02-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Please join us in TODAY's thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/252552-ip-daily-chat-thursday-2-9-2012-a.html

After4yrS
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I love your posts always <3
Very true! Thanks!