Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 02/07/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 02/07/2012

omgzitsmiranda
02-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Good morning!! Today is my day two on IP. So far so good but I woke up with a really bad headache! My coach said this may happen but wasn't expecting it day 2! :)

Have a great day everyone!

shiipa
02-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Good morning!! Today is my day two on IP. So far so good but I woke up with a really bad headache! My coach said this may happen but wasn't expecting it day 2! :)

I had that, too. It lasted for about 3 days. I was told to put a little sea salt in water and drink it.

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 07:32 AM
I had that, too. It lasted for about 3 days. I was told to put a little sea salt in water and drink it.

Thanks I will definately try that!! I am thinking it may also be due to caffeine withdrawals.. I usually drink A LOT of coffee per day but yesterday I only had a small one in the morning.. Regardless thanks I will try the sea salt in water!!

shiipa
02-07-2012, 07:34 AM
I finished week 2 and had my wi last night. I've lost a total of 11 1/2lb and 5.5in. If that is not motivating, I don't know what is :)
So I was able to taste my first 'crunchies' and I was sooo excited to eat something salty. I will start my walking now and bought me a new pair od Nike's as a reward and motivator to get active.
Have a wonderful day :running:

shiipa
02-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Thanks I will definately try that!! I am thinking it may also be due to caffeine withdrawals.. I usually drink A LOT of coffee per day but yesterday I only had a small one in the morning.. Regardless thanks I will try the sea salt in water!!

If you drink your coffee black, you can continue having it but don't count it as water. I have not given up my 2 cups in the morning. Decaf headaches are horrible. I hope you can put that behind you soon. While it may seem hard to believe now, you will feel VERY GOOD after you get over this hump.

rissimo
02-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Weighed in this morning, another .6 pounds are gone. My body this time around does not seem to want to let go of this weight. But that's ok, .6 is a heck of alot better than 0. I may have to try and switch some things up this week and see it that helps. I have been eating pretty much the same things for dinner.

I am feeling so much better since I have started this plan!! Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 07:52 AM
If you drink your coffee black, you can continue having it but don't count it as water. I have not given up my 2 cups in the morning. Decaf headaches are horrible. I hope you can put that behind you soon. While it may seem hard to believe now, you will feel VERY GOOD after you get over this hump.

Thank you I can't wait to be over the hump! I drink a LOT of water throughout the day, so I don't count it as that.. I do put a tiny bit of skim in my coffee.. I tried adding some of the vanilla drink mix instead as I saw that suggested somewhere but it didn't taste very good that way!!! So for now I will stick with my skim/coffee!

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 07:54 AM
I finished week 2 and had my wi last night. I've lost a total of 11 1/2lb and 5.5in. If that is not motivating, I don't know what is :)
So I was able to taste my first 'crunchies' and I was sooo excited to eat something salty. I will start my walking now and bought me a new pair od Nike's as a reward and motivator to get active.

That is so motivating!! 11 1/2 lb gone good for you!! It is stories like this that keep me going!! Congrats!! :) :carrot:

Harmothoe
02-07-2012, 08:05 AM

I gave up caffeine a couple of years ago and I felt awful for about 3 days. When that fourth day came along I could not believe how much better I felt. So much energy!

NavyMommy
02-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Feeling bloated and blah this morning :( Probably a combo of the salt in my dinner last night (soy sauce) and this bug I'm fighting off. I couldn't believe it but I went to bed at 8pm last night, I can't remember the last time I did that!

I'm heading out this morning to meet up with a moms group play group. It's always a little awkward because I'm the only one at the table not eating, but I just tell them I already had my breakfast (which is true) and most people don't say another word. See? No one cares as much about what's on your plate (or what's not) as you do! Don't let this diet kill your social life!

Hope everyone has a great OP IP day!!

Ducksmy
02-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Good Morning all! I hope eveyone has a GREAT OP day!
Did some ressearch on Ketosis and went and got the ketostix..... I am in Ketosis.... great to be able to check. Even though the more H2O you drink the more diluted it gets. Even though my home scale has not moved I am keeping on keeping on. :smile:

TFBeller
02-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Good Morning all! I hope eveyone has a GREAT OP day!
Did some ressearch on Ketosis and went and got the ketostix..... I am in Ketosis.... great to be able to check. Even though the more H2O you drink the more diluted it gets. Even though my home scale has not moved I am keeping on keeping on. :smile:
I checked myself for ketones every day for the first few weeks, was so excited when I saw trace. Some days if I don't drink as much water as I should it will show small - but it really shouldn't get any more than that. Loving this diet!!

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Question for you all.. I am only on day 2 of IP and still trying to figure it all out. If I were to spread my 5-8oz of dinner protein out a little bit throughout the day, that is ok right? For example if I were to do:

Early morning - one of the drinks for example Vanilla Drink
Mid Morning - egg whites w 1c spinach, coffee w a tiny bit of skim
lunch - 1c veggies, soup packet, lettuce w/few pieces of grilled chix 2oz
snack - one of the drinks or bars
dinner - 4oz chicken or other protein from list, veggies, salad

Would this still be considered on program? My issue is 5-8oz of protein is quite a bit a night, and I tend to be more hungry during the day.

And I also read somewhere that Egg Whites are free, and to add a little veggies to them would make a nice meal..

From reading different posts it sounds that as long as you have your 3 packets and pay attention to the restricted items, you can move your meat protein around a little bit? Thoughts?? Thank you all in advance!!! :D

rissimo
02-07-2012, 09:08 AM

Welcome.. Your headache will get better, just put 1/4-1/2 tsp of sea salt in the pal of your hand, lick it off and then drink some water and it should subside within 20 minutes. Your body is getting rid of the toxins and begining to have withdrawls. Once you get past day 3-4 it will be smooth sailing from there.

rissimo
02-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Question for you all.. I am only on day 2 of IP and still trying to figure it all out. If I were to spread my 5-8oz of dinner protein out a little bit throughout the day, that is ok right? For example if I were to do:

Would this still be considered on program? My issue is 5-8oz of protein is quite a bit a night, and I tend to be more hungry during the day.

And I also read somewhere that Egg Whites are free, and to add a little veggies to them would make a nice meal..

From reading different posts it sounds that as long as you have your 3 packets and pay attention to the restricted items, you can move your meat protein around a little bit? Thoughts?? Thank you all in advance!!! :D

This is fine, what ever works for you as long as your are getting in what you need each day. Egg whites are free, but of course in moderation. I had to do this for the first week, and now I'm hardly ever hungry throughout the day. The only time I am is when I fall asleep and do not have my third shake for the same as my night snack before bed.

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Welcome.. Your headache will get better, just put 1/4-1/2 tsp of sea salt in the pal of your hand, lick it off and then drink some water and it should subside within 20 minutes. Your body is getting rid of the toxins and begining to have withdrawls. Once you get past day 3-4 it will be smooth sailing from there.

Thank you!! I will definately try that!!!

mtnsun4
02-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Good morning to all! Yesterday and today I have had the worst PMS cramps EVER since having my son 9 months ago. I have PCOS so I never really get cramps so this has been different! My body is retaining water and it is funny how I can totally tell! Hope everyone has a great day!

Tripmama
02-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I do a similar meal plan and my coach says that is fine. Keep up the good work

Erinv
02-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone! I had my 5th weigh in yesterday and am down another 1.2 pounds...YAY! Was hoping for a little more, but I will take what I can get. I have been on antibiotics for the last week and I believe it has made me a little constipated, so hopefully I will lose more next week!
I tried the blueberry muffins last night. They were great! Thanks to whoever came up with that recipe..awesome!
Does anyone use alternative vitamins rather than buying the ones from IP? If so, what kind? They are so expensive. The food is already expensive enough without having to get the vitamins also.
Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 09:49 AM
This is fine, what ever works for you as long as your are getting in what you need each day. Egg whites are free, but of course in moderation. I had to do this for the first week, and now I'm hardly ever hungry throughout the day. The only time I am is when I fall asleep and do not have my third shake for the same as my night snack before bed.

Excellent, I was hoping for this answer!! If I can spread it out I can make this work for me!! :carrot:

I was also thinking if I don't care for some of the food for example the soups/breakfast omelet/cereal/etc would it be ok to just use the drinks/bars as long as I were having 3 total per day? Again this is only day two for me but yesterday I tried the tomato basil soup and I gaged the whole time, could not get it down! I am going to keep trying the other packets I have BUT if I do not like them, I find I do like the drinks and bars, would it be ok to use those as my 3 per day (keeping in mind the bars are restricted and only allowed once a day)

Just trying to explore all of my options!!!

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
I do a similar meal plan and my coach says that is fine. Keep up the good work

Thanks Tripmama! How are you doing on program and how long have you been on it? I love all of the inspiration on these boards!!

rissimo
02-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Excellent, I was hoping for this answer!! If I can spread it out I can make this work for me!! :carrot:

I was also thinking if I don't care for some of the food for example the soups/breakfast omelet/cereal/etc would it be ok to just use the drinks/bars as long as I were having 3 total per day? Again this is only day two for me but yesterday I tried the tomato basil soup and I gaged the whole time, could not get it down! I am going to keep trying the other packets I have BUT if I do not like them, I find I do like the drinks and bars, would it be ok to use those as my 3 per day (keeping in mind the bars are restricted and only allowed once a day)

Yes that is fine. I always have 3 RTD shakes a day. But I always have a protein bar with me in case I decide I want something different or am somewhere and do not have a shake with me. Again, as long as you are getting what you are required to have a day is fine.

Tripmama
02-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Weighed in this morning, another .6 pounds are gone. My body this time around does not seem to want to let go of this weight. But that's ok, .6 is a heck of alot better than 0. I may have to try and switch some things up this week and see it that helps. I have been eating pretty much the same things for dinner.

I am feeling so much better since I have started this plan!! Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Great work! keep up the OP and being an inspiration!

rissimo
02-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Great work! keep up the OP and being an inspiration!

Thank you Tripmama. Hope you have a great day.

desperatetolosegirl
02-07-2012, 10:27 AM
I gave up caffeine a couple of years ago and I felt awful for about 3 days. When that fourth day came along I could not believe how much better I felt. So much energy!

Hi Harmothoe, you and I have the same stats pretty much. I am about 5'5' and starting weight was 159. WI # 4, I was at 145, today is my 5th weigh in and keeping my fingures crossed! Goal weight 130. Just want to buddy up with you.

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes that is fine. I always have 3 RTD shakes a day. But I always have a protein bar with me in case I decide I want something different or am somewhere and do not have a shake with me. Again, as long as you are getting what you are required to have a day is fine.

Excellent thanks so much!! So you do the drinks and a bar, that is interesting.. That is what I am thinking will work best for me! What do you typically eat in a normal day?

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi Harmothoe, you and I have the same stats pretty much. I am about 5'5' and starting weight was 159. WI # 4, I was at 145, today is my 5th weigh in and keeping my fingures crossed! Goal weight 130. Just want to buddy up with you.

Good luck with your WI today!! :D

idealpromom
02-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Morning,
I know that I am retaining fluid... anyone else have a problem with this. I jumped on the scale and it looks like I am up... which is crazy!

rissimo
02-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Excellent thanks so much!! So you do the drinks and a bar, that is interesting.. That is what I am thinking will work best for me! What do you typically eat in a normal day?

B-Strawberry Shake
L-Choclate shake wtih 2 cups of veggies
D-8 oz protein with 2 cups of veggies
S-9:00 pm Vanilla Shake with Kahula sugar free syrup mixed in.

On Sunday Mornings for breakfast I will have an eggwhite omlet with mushroom and bell peppers with my shake because I have to eat so early before church. And I will have a bar with me in case I begin to get hungry in church when I am suppose to be eating. If I end up eating it I will go home and eat another cup of veggies. If not then it's the normal.

There are alot of wonderful receipes on here. My favorites are the big mac in a bowl and mock fried rice with chicken or shrimp. I am going to have to try some of the other one because I have pretty much been eating this and I think it is time to change things around.

MaMaZu
02-07-2012, 10:38 AM

I always have several ounces of my protein with my lunch, as well as a restricted. Diet or no diet, I am always the hungriest at lunch, so this works best for me.
To get through the first few weeks, I also substituted my protein pack at lunch for 2 eggs; that really helped for the first few weeks as well.

MaMaZu
02-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Does anyone use alternative vitamins rather than buying the ones from IP? If so, what kind? They are so expensive. The food is already expensive enough without having to get the vitamins also.

I get my vitamins at Trader Joes for a fraction of the price.

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 10:46 AM
B-Strawberry Shake

On Sunday Mornings for breakfast I will have an eggwhite omlet with mushroom and bell peppers with my shake because I have to eat so early before church. And I will have a bar with me in case I begin to get hungry in church when I am suppose to be eating. If I end up eating it I will go home and eat another cup of veggies. If not then it's the normal.

There are alot of wonderful receipes on here. My favorites are the big mac in a bowl and mock fried rice with chicken or shrimp. I am going to have to try some of the other one because I have pretty much been eating this and I think it is time to change things around.

Thanks!!! Yes I have seen a bunch of recipies I am definately going to start making and trying!!!

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
I always have several ounces of my protein with my lunch, as well as a restricted. Diet or no diet, I am always the hungriest at lunch, so this works best for me.
To get through the first few weeks, I also substituted my protein pack at lunch for 2 eggs; that really helped for the first few weeks as well.

Thanks Mamazu!! I too am hungriest mid day so thanks for the assurance that it is ok to add protein to lunch :)

omgzitsmiranda
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM

B-Strawberry Shake

So you don't have a restricted at all? Just in an emergency?

omgzitsmiranda
02-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Has anyone else experienced this.........
I went to bed Sunday night with a killer headache & woke up yesterday with it. Spent all day dealing with it, went to bed last night with it & woke up today still feeling "off", dizzy & really bad headache. I did the salt lick & that seemed to help for a little bit; but it just won't go away.

I just got over being sick, I felt better for like two days; so I don't know if I'm sick again? Or if this is just part of the diet. I feel like I'm going into ketosis again, but i'm still in it... so what gives?

sarahmayhem
02-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Congrats!! You're doing wonderfully! Keep it up :D

Good Morning IPeeps:

I always love seeing your WIs...you started right before me, and you've done so well! Like you said, any weightloss is better than none! (Plus, you had a huge lose 2 weeks ago...your body is probably adjusting!)

Good morning everyone! I had my 5th weigh in yesterday and am down another 1.2 pounds...YAY! Was hoping for a little more, but I will take what I can get. I have been on antibiotics for the last week and I believe it has made me a little constipated, so hopefully I will lose more next week!

1.2lbs is still wonderful! Great job :)

------------

...had my 9th WI this week...down 1.5lbs. I'll take it! I was hoping for more, but I had a big loss last week so I'm not complaining!

Have a great day everyone :D

Ylanthe
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Good morning everyone! Congratulations on all the fantastic weigh ins-every measure down is a step in the right direction!

I weigh in tomorrow, and I'm not at all nervous :) I think it's been a really great week, and I can't wait to see how I do!

Have a terrific OP day everyone!

:carrot:

le506
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Morning of Day 6 and I SEE THE LIGHT y'all :D
(yes, thats me shouting my southern twang)

Finally woke up and don't feel sluggish, and getting the hang of spending 30min right after lunch spending time looking for a new recipe to try for dinner (have to do it after I've eaten or I'll get to hungry thinking about all the food choices) First WI tomorrow morning...

Pamelama
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM

Totally fine to spread it out. I wouldn't do more than 2oz at lunch. I do it often and hasn't slowed my weight loss one bit! :)

le506
02-07-2012, 11:18 AM
so heres a question:
if you stay OP is there really anything you can do to effect your weight loss?

Pamelama
02-07-2012, 11:20 AM

I always love seeing your WIs...you started right before me, and you've done so well! Like you said, any weightloss is better than none! (Plus, you had a huge lose 2 weeks ago...your body is probably adjusting!)

1.2lbs is still wonderful! Great job :)

------------

...had my 9th WI this week...down 1.5lbs. I'll take it! I was hoping for more, but I had a big loss last week so I'm not complaining!

Congrats on your weight loss! We both started at the same time and are moving along steadily! My WI is tomorrow. I've been sick but sticking to program 100%. Hopefully it will show on the scale. :)

rissimo
02-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks!!! Yes I have seen a bunch of recipies I am definately going to start making and trying!!!

I am also starting to learn the difference between a true hunger and a head hunger. If my stomach growls, I will drink some water and herbal tea and if it stops within 20 minutes I know that it is a head hunger. If it does not stop then I will get something to eat.

So you don't have a restricted at all? Just in an emergency?

No, I don't eat a resitricted unless it is an emergency. Once in a while I may have a restricted as well, but not very often. I may try adding it in this week to see if I have a better loss next weigh in.

Thank you Sara. This has not been as rough as I thought it would be.

pegv
02-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I usually eat my larger meal at lunch time because this is when I am most hungry. In the evening I eat IP Brocoli Soup and then about 8pm, I have my snack. Does it matter when you have your larger meal? My coach said it didn't matter but with the responses, I am not sure anymore. Thanks for all of your great responsses!

100poundfreeway
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM

Yes I had a bad headache the first few days! I learned on this forum to take 1/4 or 1/2 tsp of salt on your hand and then drink a glass of water it will take it away in 20 min. It was a great thing to know!!! Works so good ;) Hang in there!

100poundfreeway
02-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Good morning everyone!!

Feeling bloated and blah this morning :( Probably a combo of the salt in my dinner last night (soy sauce) and this bug I'm fighting off. I couldn't believe it but I went to bed at 8pm last night, I can't remember the last time I did that!

I'm heading out this morning to meet up with a moms group play group. It's always a little awkward because I'm the only one at the table not eating, but I just tell them I already had my breakfast (which is true) and most people don't say another word. See? No one cares as much about what's on your plate (or what's not) as you do! Don't let this diet kill your social life!

Hope everyone has a great OP IP day!!

I hope you have fun at the mommy group that is one of those things that at first it's like dragging yourself there but then you have fun once you get there and yep no one really cares but you and then when you keep shrinking away they will only care becuse they want what you got!! Have a great OP day!!!

I'm a bit blah today too, but I know it's the darn snow! :)

Goldenrod
02-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Good morning everyone,
My typical meals are:
B- a peanut butter bar (these are the best IMO) :)
L - chicken soup packet, 2 c. spinach w/ oil, salt & pepper
D - varies but usu. beef, chicken or turkey w/ a variety of vegetables
Snack - pudding, drink or jello (a blender & ice will improve anything :) ) Hope you all have a great day!

doublebaby
02-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Has anyone else experienced this.........
I went to bed Sunday night with a killer headache & woke up yesterday with it. Spent all day dealing with it, went to bed last night with it & woke up today still feeling "off", dizzy & really bad headache. I did the salt lick & that seemed to help for a little bit; but it just won't go away.

I just got over being sick, I felt better for like two days; so I don't know if I'm sick again? Or if this is just part of the diet. I feel like I'm going into ketosis again, but i'm still in it... so what gives?

Miranda,
Maybe you are dealing with sinuses or allergies. With the way the weather has been this year it is beginning earlier in most places of the country.
"IT" being allergy season!

doublebaby
02-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Good Morning IPeeps:

rissimo,
Hi, I left some questions for you a few days ago (can't remember which exactly and now I am on my way out the door but saw you were online)regarding your husband being on the alternative plan for diabetics. Is he doing well on it? Does his BS go low at all and about how much does he average in losing? My husband's BS was going down to 46 on the regular plan before and he stopped doing it is why I am wondering how he is doing on it. I do have to run now and if you don't mind may have some more questions later.
Thank you.

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Totally fine to spread it out. I wouldn't do more than 2oz at lunch. I do it often and hasn't slowed my weight loss one bit! :)

Momto2cs
02-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I am traveling for a couple of days! I just made oatmeal using hot water from the coffee maker! It was delicious, and cheap compared to an omlette, which was over $20 from room service!

I save all my protein for dinner. Because I work our from 6-7 most nights I am starving at 7:30, when I eat. And I have my snack in the afternoon to keep me going from lunch until 7:30.

Seems to work well..

rissimo
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
rissimo,
Hi, I left some questions for you a few days ago (can't remember which exactly and now I am on my way out the door but saw you were online)regarding your husband being on the alternative plan for diabetics. Is he doing well on it? Does his BS go low at all and about how much does he average in losing? My husband's BS was going down to 46 on the regular plan before and he stopped doing it is why I am wondering how he is doing on it. I do have to run now and if you don't mind may have some more questions later.
Thank you.

Sent you a PM

christyr
02-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Morning of Day 6 and I SEE THE LIGHT y'all :D
(yes, thats me shouting my southern twang)

Finally woke up and don't feel sluggish, and getting the hang of spending 30min right after lunch spending time looking for a new recipe to try for dinner (have to do it after I've eaten or I'll get to hungry thinking about all the food choices) First WI tomorrow morning...

LE506, you got this!! ;) It only gets better and better from here, you are past the worst part!

christyr
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Weighed in last night. Down 3 pounds and a couple inches too from my waist.

The best part of this diet so far IMO is the way your clothes start feeling better so fast.

slp
02-07-2012, 01:19 PM

I am on day 2 also. The same thing happened to me yesterday with the chicken soup, gagged the whole time lol! When my coach called me last night I told her about it & asked her if I could skip the soups & she said no problem. She said I can bring them in & switch out with whatever I want. Good to know because I got a little nervous after the soup that this was going to be harder than I thought it would be. I had even "doctored" the soup with Finn's suggestion (on the recipe thread)of blending it with cooked veggies & seasoning.

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I am on day 2 also. The same thing happened to me yesterday with the chicken soup, gagged the whole time lol! When my coach called me last night I told her about it & asked her if I could skip the soups & she said no problem. She said I can bring them in & switch out with whatever I want. Good to know because I got a little nervous after the soup that this was going to be harder than I thought it would be. I had even "doctored" the soup with Finn's suggestion (on the recipe thread)of blending it with cooked veggies & seasoning.

Hi SLP, glad to hear I am not the only one!! I just tried the veg chilli and it wasn't as bad but still didn't LOVE it.. I am trying to be positive and try all of them and give them a fair shot!! I am definately going to see if my coach will let me swap the ones I have that I know I wont use, I don't see why she wouldn't!! Best of luck to you, we can do this!! :cheer2:

100poundfreeway
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
TOM here! Sorry to sound excited, but I have not had this since the month after my 19 mon. old daughter was born! I always know my body is doing good thinks when TOM comes, makes me feel like IP is doing good for me! I have went years with out and I know that's not good! WI #2 comming up and I'm excited!

Have a great OP day ;)

lbixby
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
so heres a question:
if you stay OP is there really anything you can do to effect your weight loss?

I think the best thing for me is to make sure that I am getting my oil in. I think things slow down when you don't. :-)

Harmothoe
02-07-2012, 02:01 PM
The best part of this diet so far IMO is the way your clothes start feeling better so fast.

That is SO true! It's very motivating when you first start.

Harmothoe
02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
... the veg chilli and it wasn't as bad...

Okay, I must ask: what, if any, IP product do you find to be utterly vile and what is your favorite?

For me... Wildberry Yogurt. :barf: I just LOVE the chocolate soy puffs.

New Englander
02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Very excited today! My "skinny" clothes that have been in my closet for YEARS waiting for me to lose weight are now too big for me!!! I cannot believe it!!! I'm loving it!!! CANNOT wait for Spring...that's when I'll be in maintenance and SKINNY JEANS!!! WOO HOO!!!

New Englander
02-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Okay, I must ask: what, if any, IP product do you find to be utterly vile and what is your favorite?

Cheese broccoli soup.. YUK!!! Tomato soup...YUK!!! I like the creamy chicken soup but was super allergic to it!!! I LOVE the chocolate, chocolate bars and chocolate drink! YUMMO!!!

Harmothoe
02-07-2012, 02:14 PM

Hey, Desperatetolosegirl,

I just tried to PM you and the boards won't let me. We definitely are just about the same for stats and should stay in touch. I'm certain the next ten pounds aren't going to be as easy for me as the last 10 were and would love to be in touch with someone in the same boat.

Cheers

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 02:15 PM

Only day 2 so far:
did not like
tomato basil soup - awful
veg chilli - not so good

liked and would have again:
cappucino drink
vanilla drink
lemon bar

Kellym1021
02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Is there a link somewhere to foods people like vs do not like or user reviews on each? I know tastes will vary but there seem to be some MUST HAVE foods and I don't want to miss out ;)

slp
02-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Hi SLP, glad to hear I am not the only one!! I just tried the veg chilli and it wasn't as bad but still didn't LOVE it.. I am trying to be positive and try all of them and give them a fair shot!! I am definately going to see if my coach will let me swap the ones I have that I know I wont use, I don't see why she wouldn't!! Best of luck to you, we can do this!! :cheer2:
Thanks for telling me about the chili. I am going to try it. So far I like the shakes the best. I have tried the wildberry yogurt & pina colada both were good. I put them in the blender with 7 oz water & ice yummy! Last night I tried the choc pudding it was ok not like regular pudding lol but wasn't bad. My coach told me to try the omelette so I would have some chewable food. I also want to try the cereal pancake recipe too! I agree with staying positive about the food. It is just going to take some time to figure out what agrees with our taste buds. Best of luck to you too.Yes we can do this!!

janniegoingdown
02-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone, I found a really good recipe on Youtube from enlighten with Zarah for a Tapioca. I used about 2/3 cup of hot water and wisked in a vanilla pudding and added a little cinnamon and vanilla extract. I prepared the Miracle Rice as the package says and added it to the pudding and omg it was so yummy! It almost felt like a :nono:

100poundfreeway
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Very excited today! My "skinny" clothes that have been in my closet for YEARS waiting for me to lose weight are now too big for me!!! I cannot believe it!!! I'm loving it!!! CANNOT wait for Spring...that's when I'll be in maintenance and SKINNY JEANS!!! WOO HOO!!!

Amazing!!! GREAT JOB :dance:

zzsmom
02-07-2012, 03:37 PM

WOW! That's awesome. Way to go!:carrot:

wuv2bloved
02-07-2012, 03:40 PM
When you drink your coffee make sure you add an extra 8oz of water to your water intake for the day.

you would be correct as long as you are having your 3 packets a day you are fine. You are allowed 2 unrestricted (pudding/drinks) and 1 restricted (bar, puffs, oatmeal) a day plus your dinner meal

I tried the blueberry muffins last night. They were great! Thanks to whoever came up with that recipe..awesome!
I will put up the PDF file with the required dosage of the vitamins, I use Walmart and Sam's brand for most of mine

I don't like ANY of the soups!!...GROSS!! only salty I eat is my veggies and my dinner everything else is sweet.....lol

Is there a link somewhere to foods people like vs do not like or user reviews on each? I know tastes will vary but there seem to be some MUST HAVE foods and I don't want to miss out ;)
There is a thread out there I'll see if I can find it and bump it up

desperatetolosegirl
02-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Hey, Desperatetolosegirl,

I just tried to PM you and the boards won't let me. We definitely are just about the same for stats and should stay in touch. I'm certain the next ten pounds aren't going to be as easy for me as the last 10 were and would love to be in touch with someone in the same boat.

Cheers

What is PM? I just had my weigh in this afternoon and lost 2 more lbs!!! WHOOHOOOO!! I am very happy! So that brings me to 143 lbs

W1-WI -6 W2-WI -4 W3-WI -2 W4-WI -2 W5-WI -2

My goal is 130 lbs so 13 more pounds, I agree with you that the last 10 won't be very easy. I am guesing about 8 to 10 weeks!

mamarix1
02-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Kelly, I spread my protein out throughout the day. The one thing I noticed from your post is that you are not having a late evening protein drink. It will help you get up not starving in the mornings. Remember to have 3 a day. 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted.

heliosmommy
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM

I had a massive headache for about 4 days when I first started, but finally it seemed to just disappear. The sea salt in the water did help a lot.

mamatotwo
02-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi Everyone! This is my very first post...EVER! I just had my first weigh in this morning and was down 4.4 lbs and 7 total inches. A little disappointed in the weight lost but pleased with the inches (sort of). Have had several friends who lost a whopping 10 lbs the first week. Sigh. I am hoping to lose 30 lbs but if I get into a size 6 before the 30 lbs I'll be happy. I have really enjoyed reading the forum and all of the recipe ideas are great.

sarahmayhem
02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Congrats on your weight loss! We both started at the same time and are moving along steadily! My WI is tomorrow. I've been sick but sticking to program 100%. Hopefully it will show on the scale. :)

hehe i still look for your posts! i feel like you're my partner on here! :)

you're doing wonderfully! i hope you feel better! ...i'm sure even sickness can't keep you down; look at your continual losses! Woo :carrot:

heliosmommy
02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I had my WI yesterday and have lost another 2.5 lbs. (yay) That's a total of 16lbs in four weeks!

Just a question... My trainer has told me not to go more than 3 hours without eating to keep tricking my body into eating fat and not muscle. Has anyone else heard this and how do you all do it. I'm trying to split up my lunch having half a packet of soup early, then the rest a few hours later with my vegs..etc. Any thoughts?

sarahmayhem
02-07-2012, 04:10 PM

the soups are horrid to me - i only tried the mushroom and the broccoli and cheese...but even doctored up, i couldn't get them down!

favorites? any of the restricted haha. non restricted?: RTD vanilla shake! it really does taste like a milkshake!

sarahmayhem
02-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I had my WI yesterday and have lost another 2.5 lbs. (yay) That's a total of 16lbs in four weeks!

Just a question... My trainer has told me not to go more than 3 hours without eating to keep tricking my body into eating fat and not muscle. Has anyone else heard this and how do you all do it. I'm trying to split up my lunch having half a packet of soup early, then the rest a few hours later with my vegs..etc. Any thoughts?

congrats on the weightloss! you're doing wonderfully!

...as for exercise, my office strictly said no exercise the first month...and after that, very moderate exercise (walking/weights) ...they push the idea that you don't need exercise to lose weight - and that exercising makes you more hungry.

newmom7611
02-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Hey to all the newbies and welcome!!! This is the best diet everrrr!!

Well I've been getting better about staying off the scale, so that I can get more excited about the bigger differences (only seeing it once a week). For some reason I just HAD to hop on the scale this morning even though my official weigh in isn't until Thursday. I have FINALLY broken out of the 150s!! (unofficially). :) either way, I can't believe i saw 149.2 on the scale when I was standing on it. Yayyyyyy!!! I know I'll be in the 140s just as long or longer because I'm getting closer to goal, but I'm still just thrilled!! Thank you IP!!!! :D

Wuv- I'm also taking alternative supplements. Well only for the multi vitamin. Did you find some at Walmart that can replace the cal mags and potassium!? That'd save me a pretty penny for sure. I'm actually running very low on potassium pills now.

Congrats and great job everyone!!

wuv2bloved
02-07-2012, 04:14 PM

Well I've been getting better about staying off the scale, so that I can get more excited about the bigger differences (only seeing it once a week). For some reason I just HAD to hop on the scale this morning even though my official weigh in isn't until Thursday. I have FINALLY broken out of the 150s!! (unofficially). :) either way, I can't believe i saw 149.2 on the scale when I was standing on it. Yayyyyyy!!! I know I'll be in the 140s just as long or longer because I'm getting closer to goal, but I'm still just thrilled!! Thank you IP!!!! :D

Wuv- I'm also taking alternative supplements. Well only for the multi vitamin. Did you find some at Walmart that can replace the cal mags and potassium!? That'd save me a pretty penny for sure. I'm actually running very low on potassium pills now.

Nature's Valley has a cal/mal at walmart

mamarix1
02-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Good morning everyone,
My typical meals are:
B- a peanut butter bar (these are the best IMO) :)
L - chicken soup packet, 2 c. spinach w/ oil, salt & pepper
D - varies but usu. beef, chicken or turkey w/ a variety of vegetables
Snack - pudding, drink or jello (a blender & ice will improve anything :) ) Hope you all have a great day!

I use a lot of nutmeg and cinnamon in my shakes. Have you tried making your drink using cold tea. Earl Grey is the best!

justme685
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
WI today! Lost 2.6 pounds and 3.5 inches!!! Yaay! Thats' pretty much 13 pounds and 9 inches in two weeks!! Best day :)
And NSV - I went shopping yesterday at Addition Elle and I used to be a 1x - 2x in tops, but now the x is too big for me!! I'm almost out of Plus stores!! I also was almost into size 18 jeans before the diet and now 16 is almost to big. It won't take to long before I'm in14 again. So exciting!!!

DanafromAustin
02-07-2012, 04:21 PM

You will be surprised how much your taste buds change after being on this diet for awhile.

I hated most of the powder drinks, but my favorites are some of the bars, and the vanilla pudding w/cinnamon I make into a shake every night (5oz. water, 8 ice cubes and my magic bullet).

Today was my first weigh in that I haven't lost anything and my coach told me the same thing. She wants me to not go longer than 3.5 hours without protein, and to add one to two hard boiled eggs to fill in that gap. She said at this point it's time to shake things up a bit.

Porthardygurl
02-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Glad to see everyone is having a great morning so far!!

Weighed myself today...down .6... not bad not bad.. i would rather lose or stay still than gain..

Last night i had an NSV....We had a huge group of people over and it was pizza night so everyone was eating pizza and i didnt have a lick bite or taste..i stayed 100% OP and didnt even feel the need to eat anything while everyone else was eating..

This staying OP is getting a lot easier! And it helps that i never feel hungry anymore. Woohoo

mamatotwo
02-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Only day 7 but definitely have my faves and ones I cannot eat.

Favorites: Rice Cereal ( I either make the "french toast" or bake it with garlic powder, salt and pepper and add it to my salad. I save the powder for a shake later in the day.) Lemon pudding: made the zucchini poppyseed "bread" and fell in love. Peanut crunch bar.

Dislikes: Soups...all of them!

heliosmommy
02-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Today was my first weigh in that I haven't lost anything and my coach told me the same thing. She wants me to not go longer than 3.5 hours without protein, and to add one to two hard boiled eggs to fill in that gap. She said at this point it's time to shake things up a bit.[/QUOTE]

Very cool. I'll have to try the egg...sounds so tasty as an alternative!

heliosmommy
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM

Wow, that is great. Congratulations! :D

Katiedela9
02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
NSV today, they brought a huge box of Fannie Mae candy bars into my job today, and didn't even feel the slightest craving for one!!!

Katiedela9
02-07-2012, 05:04 PM

Way to go!!!:)

Katiedela9
02-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi Everyone! This is my very first post...EVER! I just had my first weigh in this morning and was down 4.4 lbs and 7 total inches. A little disappointed in the weight lost but pleased with the inches (sort of). Have had several friends who lost a whopping 10 lbs the first week. Sigh. I am hoping to lose 30 lbs but if I get into a size 6 before the 30 lbs I'll be happy. I have really enjoyed reading the forum and all of the recipe ideas are great.

Be happy about your 4.4lbs, it's a loss. My first WI I only lost 3.6lbs, and never any big whopping #'s but as long as it's going down!

shalista
02-07-2012, 05:23 PM
I had my first weigh in today. I was nervous because I had chips on Sunday which I'd posted about. I met with a different person, who will now be my. Ouch, and she said they can take part of the blame as they should have helped me prepare for that better. She let me try some chips and they were good. They very much would have satisfied me but I didn't even know about them. She was a lot more helpful than the guy who did my first meeting. The original guy told me about the program, but this coach helped me understand better and was overall more helpful.

Anyway, the good part. I lost 8.6 lbs and 3.5 inches. I was amazed!

Katiedela9
02-07-2012, 05:25 PM

Way to go!! I get alot of the vitamins at Wal-Mart or Walgreens, just bring your bottles and compare, saves tons of money.

Harmothoe
02-07-2012, 05:32 PM
My coach told me to try the omelette so I would have some chewable food.

I had to laugh when I read this. I hope your omelette experience is more positive than mine was. Mine was definitely "chewable". Let us know how it goes ;)

geminezmarie
02-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks for telling me about the chili. I am going to try it. So far I like the shakes the best. I have tried the wildberry yogurt & pina colada both were good. I put them in the blender with 7 oz water & ice yummy! Last night I tried the choc pudding it was ok not like regular pudding lol but wasn't bad. My coach told me to try the omelette so I would have some chewable food. I also want to try the cereal pancake recipe too! I agree with staying positive about the food. It is just going to take some time to figure out what agrees with our taste buds. Best of luck to you too.Yes we can do this!!

You know, that's about 70% of the reason the omelet is one of my favorites. A pack I can chew. Go figure.

Katiedela9
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Weighed in last night. Down 3 pounds and a couple inches too from my waist.

It feels great, doesn't it!!!!!!

100poundfreeway
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Glad to see everyone is having a great morning so far!!

Weighed myself today...down .6... not bad not bad.. i would rather lose or stay still than gain..

Last night i had an NSV....We had a huge group of people over and it was pizza night so everyone was eating pizza and i didnt have a lick bite or taste..i stayed 100% OP and didnt even feel the need to eat anything while everyone else was eating..

This staying OP is getting a lot easier! And it helps that i never feel hungry anymore. Woohoo

Good job at the NSV...... I'm really finding that eating was ALL in my head! I'm still haveing cravings but when I stop to think about it I realize I'm not hungry I'm just wanting to eat to do somthing!!! It just gets easier and easier to say NO ...... GO US!! ALL OF US! :carrot:

Katiedela9
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Only day 7 but definitely have my faves and ones I cannot eat.

Favorites: Rice Cereal ( I either make the "french toast" or bake it with garlic powder, salt and pepper and add it to my salad. I save the powder for a shake later in the day.) Lemon pudding: made the zucchini poppyseed "bread" and fell in love. Peanut crunch bar.

Dislikes: Soups...all of them!

Question??? How do you make the Rice cereal into french toast??

mamarix1
02-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Question??? How do you make the Rice cereal into french toast??

I love the soups, I put sauteed mushrooms, bok choy, celery, spinach, onion, & zuchinni in them, plus some crushed red pepper. They are very filling. I will say the leek is not as good as the mushroom which is my fav.

Wayward
02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Ahh still around, congrats to everyone on your NSV and your WI's!!!!

I am still kicking around but I have been really busy the last several months.
A lot of changes and just plain busy with the little guy and work.
Getting ready to start motorcycle instruction soon, teaching 17 classes this year, so going to be busy there.
But I figure it will be a lot easier now that I am smaller :)

Finally got my custom motorcycle suit ordered this past week, my reward for IP.
Been on maintenance since Dec. 20 and still maintaining, actually dropped a couple of pounds since I stopped and just float back and forth between those.
I am sure I will drop some more once I get to start walking and riding more often.

I just wanted to say hello, and say keep up the great work, it does work if you keep at it!

The wife is still doing phase 1 but she is getting close to done now too, she is down about 73-75 pounds now.

It's really nice being so much more healthy and smaller together!!! Especially since we just got our new king size bed last week, I love that we have lost over 200 pounds in the past year and then we upgrade to a king size lol.
We both bought new cars this past month, and we have a new daycare for the little guy that he started yesterday.
Like I said I have been busy!!!

Lisa as always keep going strong, Heather it's great to see you back at it, very proud!

Everyone else... stay positive and stay OP.

purple sky
02-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Ahh still around, congrats to everyone on your NSV and your WI's!!!!

I am still kicking around but I have been really busy the last several months.
A lot of changes and just plain busy with the little guy and work.
Getting ready to start motorcycle instruction soon, teaching 17 classes this year, so going to be busy there.
But I figure it will be a lot easier now that I am smaller :)

Finally got my custom motorcycle suit ordered this past week, my reward for IP.
Been on maintenance since Dec. 20 and still maintaining, actually dropped a couple of pounds since I stopped and just float back and forth between those.
I am sure I will drop some more once I get to start walking and riding more often.

I just wanted to say hello, and say keep up the great work, it does work if you keep at it!

The wife is still doing phase 1 but she is getting close to done now too, she is down about 73-75 pounds now.

It's really nice being so much more healthy and smaller together!!! Especially since we just got our new king size bed last week, I love that we have lost over 200 pounds in the past year and then we upgrade to a king size lol.
We both bought new cars this past month, and we have a new daycare for the little guy that he started yesterday.
Like I said I have been busy!!!

Lisa as always keep going strong, Heather it's great to see you back at it, very proud!

Everyone else... stay positive and stay OP.

So awesome. This is great to see. I, too, am doing this with DH. We are down like 45 lbs (unofficially).

wuv2bloved
02-07-2012, 07:03 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!...awesome to see you around Wayward. You and the wife have done outstanding...over 200lbs as a couple is incredible!!!!...Congrats!

Wayward
02-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Thank you Lisa, as always so supportive... oh here is a more recent picture of the little guy:
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/Wayward_Traveller/alex.jpg

wuv2bloved
02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Thank you Lisa, as always so supportive... oh here is a more recent picture of the little guy:

OMG.....Wayward he is SOOOOOO adorable!!!!....now take one holding him I wanna see how much he looks like you!

Wayward
02-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Well I would but I haven't shown the wife how to take pictures with the new DSLR yet lol.
Here is one from Christmas but these are almost 2 months old now.
I will get some taken this upcoming weekend and get a more current one up.
Thank you though, he is a little cutie :)
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/Wayward_Traveller/ericandalex.jpg

Kind of scary when you look at the changes in just a few months lol.
Thank you Ideal Protein!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/Wayward_Traveller/avatar.png

New Englander
02-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Today was my first weigh in that I haven't lost anything and my coach told me the same thing. She wants me to not go longer than 3.5 hours without protein, and to add one to two hard boiled eggs to fill in that gap. She said at this point it's time to shake things up a bit.

Very cool. I'll have to try the egg...sounds so tasty as an alternative![/QUOTE]
The scale will move again and hopefully this "shake up" will do the trick!

New Englander
02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Well I would but I haven't shown the wife how to take pictures with the new DSLR yet lol.

Thank you Ideal Protein!
Wayward...I never realized you were a male!!! :) Well, your little one is just too cute!!! Congrats! AND You have the best progress pics!!! :)

AussieonIP
02-07-2012, 08:08 PM
WI # 2 today and down 4.2 pounds from last weeks 7.4, happy with the results! hoping I will continue for the next few weeks with 3+ but well see how that goes!

Cheers/S...

mtnsun4
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Morning,
I know that I am retaining fluid... anyone else have a problem with this. I jumped on the scale and it looks like I am up... which is crazy!

Yes! I am! I keep thinking that TOM may be coming but I can never tell. I was up a bit and can tell I am retaining. I have been drinking water like crazy too! Not sure why.

WingnutandMe
02-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I had to laugh when I read this. I hope your omelette experience is more positive than mine was. Mine was definitely "chewable". Let us know how it goes ;)

Don't worry. It's taken me about three omelets to get something worth eating. Now adding sliced mushrooms and green onions, I have a pretty good breakfast.

alex1space
02-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone had a great OP day. I had a NSV today. After several months of engagement my fiance and I settled some important wedding plans. I keep putting off talking about them, cause I didn't want to be this size on the big day... but even day OP I can tell I am shrinking away. So happy to feel OK with moving forward on the best day of my life!!

Thanks to everyone for the amazing support around here!!:hug:

Tammywhiz
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I had my first true test last night, when my boss asked me to join her for supper. I couldn`t really say no, and i was afraid of what would be on the menu. Luckily, I was able to order a nice salad with pieces of chicken. I had a WF salad dressing in my purse. So totally OP !

I also got myself a new digital scale ! Although I have hopped on a few times since I got it, official weigh in for me is thursday.

I decided to leave my coach behind and try some alternative food. Unlike the United States, the IP program in Canada is not always run by health professionals and the people that were acting as coaches were not very knowledgeable about the program. You guys on this site have been much more help then they have. I bought quite a bit of IP food to start with, so I will be mixing things up with alternative and the IP food for the next few weeks.

Thanks for being there. You guys are the best support system!

patns
02-07-2012, 10:11 PM

Do you have a waffle maker? You can make good waffles with the soup packs.

patns
02-07-2012, 10:29 PM

Good for you!!!! Passing up the pizza is a huge step.

slp
02-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Do you have a waffle maker? You can make good waffles with the soup packs.

Yes, I have a waffle maker. Do you add the same amount of water? Do you add anything else?

patns
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM

So cute!!! He is looking more and more like you! I was wondering how you like the new car. You are going to be very busy with that many classes to teach.

Pat

zzsmom
02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Good morning to all! Yesterday and today I have had the worst PMS cramps EVER since having my son 9 months ago. I have PCOS so I never really get cramps so this has been different! My body is retaining water and it is funny how I can totally tell! Hope everyone has a great day!

Sorry about the cramps, but congratulations on the baby! I had a girl 9 months ago!

patns
02-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Yes, I have a waffle maker. Do you add the same amount of water? Do you add anything else?

Here is the original recipe for the waffles.
Then other people started using some of the soup packeges instead. Those make a waffle that is not so sweet. You could put some herbs like rosemary in the soup ones. But you would not add the vanilla,splenda or nutmeg. Be very careful not to put more than a quarter of a cup of the mixture in each of the four sectionsof the iron. If you put too much in it runs out the sides.

Pudding Cake Waffle Recipe:

1 IP Pudding Packet
1/4 cup of egg whites
2 oz of water
1/4tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
1 splenda packet (optional)

Combine and put into a waffle iron after heated up and sprayed with non-stick spray - for 4 minutes (or until done depending on your iron). Top with syrup and enjoy!

Pat

mtnsun4
02-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Sorry about the cramps, but congratulations on the baby! I had a girl 9 months ago!

Really? What is her birthdate? My son's is April 21. My cramps went away (finally). Never got my period. Weird.

slp
02-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Here is the original recipe for the waffles.
Then other people started using some of the soup packeges instead. Those make a waffle that is not so sweet. You could put some herbs like rosemary in the soup ones. But you would not add the vanilla,splenda or nutmeg. Be very careful not to put more than a quarter of a cup of the mixture in each of the four sectionsof the iron. If you put too much in it runs out the sides.

Pudding Cake Waffle Recipe:

1 IP Pudding Packet
1/4 cup of egg whites
2 oz of water
1/4tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
1 splenda packet (optional)

Combine and put into a waffle iron after heated up and sprayed with non-stick spray - for 4 minutes (or until done depending on your iron). Top with syrup and enjoy!

Pat
Thanks Pat for the recipe I will have to try this!

wuv2bloved
02-08-2012, 12:45 AM

Thank you Ideal Protein!

WOW!!!!...what a difference in your and he is getting so big...its like we have watched him grow here...amazing....truly amazing!!!!

tenniels
02-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Wayward- I'm too new to have been around for your weight loss journey, but just wanted to say you look fantastic and are a real inspiration. Your little boy is soooo freakin adorable as well. Congrats, what a feel good story :)

P.S - on another note I had a NSV today... I was able to fit into a smaller sized Lululemon pant! I used to be tight in a 10 and now fit nicely into the pair of 8's I ordered :)

Wayward
02-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Thank you everyone for the compliments... it was a journey, but surprisingly short compared to what I did.
I was 325 pounds Dec. 2010, my little guy was born in March and I decided I needed to start doing something. My friend did IP and turned me onto it.
I ended up losing 30 pounds more than he did on it, and he is still on it, but he slacked off quite a bit after he came close to goal.

Pat... my car is good, it's still weird, but I have been spoiled the past 5 years. I had a loaded Camry SE in 08, then went to a loaded Highlander in 2011, my wife got a loaded Venza in 09 and just got a new one 2 weeks ago.

So my car is really basic by comparison, no heated mirrors, seats, backup camera etc.
But for a much cheaper car it's really not bad at all.
Plenty of room, not a bad ride and about 26 mpg.
Funny thing my wife's new Venza we went with a 4cyl and it gets better mileage then my little 2012 Scion.
Of course her new payment is $120 a month more than mine.
But we only needed one nice big car.

But for the money it's a great little car, plus it's number 900 of only 1500 of that model made which is cool.

Stay strong everyone, remember all the support you need is right here on this forum.

Having support at home makes it much easier I won't lie, but this is a great group of people.