Old 02-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171.2/165.4/135

Height: 5' 7"

Default Exercising on Ideal Protein??

Hi Im very new to this website and I have been lurking and lurking for a couple of weeks. I am wondering about the amount of exercise any and all of you are doing on the Ideal Protein plan and or the Alternatives plan using the Ideal Protein protocol. I am an exercise fanatic-90 min to 2 hours a day-burning 1500 or more calories on average. I love to workout. I have been doing Ideal Protein using Alternatives RTD EAS CARB advantage shakes. So reaching out to any and all of you to tell me about your weight loss while exercising etc.

Thanks
Danel76
danel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

OH WOW.....i sure hope you are having 4 packets a day one being 1/2 before your workout and the other 1/2 after. We only consume 800-900 cals a day. We are not suppose to do intense workouts, more like yoga and a light to brisk walk if anything. There is an exercise thread I will bump up for you to the first page to read.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

here is the thread.....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

following the program it is suggested not to exercise, but if you must, a 20 minute walk is recommended.

It sounds like you are exercising a lot and burning a lot of calories, my recommendation is to talk to your coach, if you don't have a coach than talk to your doctor. You will probably need to eat a little differently.
bludolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 146/131/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danel76 View Post
Hi Im very new to this website and I have been lurking and lurking for a couple of weeks. I am wondering about the amount of exercise any and all of you are doing on the Ideal Protein plan and or the Alternatives plan using the Ideal Protein protocol. I am an exercise fanatic-90 min to 2 hours a day-burning 1500 or more calories on average. I love to workout. I have been doing Ideal Protein using Alternatives RTD EAS CARB advantage shakes. So reaching out to any and all of you to tell me about your weight loss while exercising etc.

Thanks
Danel76
Wow... I would recommend the alternative protocol for you... basically the same as the regular protocol but every day you have 1 little serving of a carb, 1 fruit, and 1 fat. One with each meal. However, if you cannot stop working out so much, IP may not be the program for you. It is actually not really safe to work out so much on such a low-carb, low-calorie diet. Although it seems depressing, it is usually worth it to put the exercise on hold just while you burn the fat, and then add it back in to your routine towards the end. You'll gain your strength back quite quickly when you add carbs back into your diet.
lkander2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Way too much working out for this program. The calorie count on this diet is way too low for that kind of workout. Are you actually loosing weight working that hard? As others have said, just some brisk walking for no more than 20 to 30 minutes at most. If you want something more then I would do strength training again for no more than about 30 minutes.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #7  

You really have to be careful when it comes to working out. I myself was a workout-aholic.......but on this program...it really is not necessary. I do admit I have been doing light cardio 5 days a week for the 15 days I have been on the program and it has been just enough to make me feel like I wasn't loosing out on the gym aspect!
Take it easy!
2leftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote