Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #1  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hey there!

So, I'm new to the forum (obvi.) and am here because I really need some support to help me get up off my butt and start losing some weight!

I'm 20 years old and have been married just about two years now. I was a lovely 130 pounds when I got married, but since I have gained approximately 60 pounds. My main problem is that my husband is military so I live about 2000 miles away from everybody I know and love, so I spend most of my life sitting on the couch with my dogs and eating spoonfuls of peanut butter with them. I'm a bit of an emotional eater too, so that certainly doesn't help matters. I just kind of want to get back to somewhere near the weight I was when I met my husband. He is so fit from his physical training and I feel like a big ol' oaf next to him.

Looking forward to chitty chatting with everyone and hopefully losing some of my chub!
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/300/180

Height: 5'8

hey im also a new member just signed up too. And wow congrats on the marriage i also want to get married young im 16 and trying to loose 80-120 pounds

~have alot to lose and dont know where to start
AAspringer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #3  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAspringer16 View Post
hey im also a new member just signed up too. And wow congrats on the marriage i also want to get married young im 16 and trying to loose 80-120 pounds

~have alot to lose and dont know where to start
The thing about getting married young? I so do NOT recommend it. I love my husband and everything, but I have a feeling things would have worked out better for both of us if we had waited to get married until he finished his contract with the military. He and I both wish we had done things differently, even though we do love each other and are (mostly) happy together. I think it's best to focus on yourself while you're young. Marriage can come later.

I think starting is the hardest part with weight loss. Once you get into the swing of things it's not so awful, but trying to start changing bad habits is the pits.
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/300/180

Height: 5'8

Sorry to hear your having a rough patch right (it must be hard with your husband away) but im sure it will get better (i like your hair by the way)

I have cut out soda and replaced with water and i have been walking but thats about it
AAspringer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #5  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Hi welcome and congrats on getting started
I was also military, I hope you can hook up with the other spouses left behind and do some fun, active things. It seems like the wives are always trying to look their best by the time the husbands come home seriously, take this time if you dont have babies yet to spend time at the gym, it could be fun!! You'll have New body in no time
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #6  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome. I myself married at 18 as well (now turning 22 in March). My husband is not in the military, but he was from the USA and I am from Canada. We were told my border services that we would have to stop going in between countries so often if we did not get married (this was 1 year into our relationship).. so 2 weeks later we were married. He is 4 years older, but he looked just as scared as I did up at the alter LOL!.

I aswell do not condone young marriage. I will always be a little bit jealous of all of my friends who get to have fun in the dating scene (I've never been on a "real" date... dates with a hubby don't count!).Why rush things if you don't have to right?

Anyways, to the weight loss part... I suggest joining a challenge.. It holds you accountable and most challenges have you post your progress and you do not want to be the only one not progressing!

I personally find calorie counting to be the best since it allows me to eat anything I want, just in smaller portions. Good luck with everyone and I look forward to seeing you around!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote