Simply Filling/Core - Simply Filling/Core Weekly Chat: Feb 6-13

Tejas
02-06-2012, 08:11 AM
New Pages :carrot:

Vickie
02-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Good Morning Chicks! All is well here, just busy. Have the appraiser coming at 9:00 as we are refinancing and they required a new full appraisal. I finished an at home medical test yesterday and have to take in the results today, and need to do some errands before PT this afternoon. Oh yeah, and I have a cold. Good news is that I had my third cortisone shot and it seems to have given me some relief. Doc sent me back to therapy again. Hope it is less aggressive this time or I will speak up. Tomorrow, more tests and more errands. Lordy.

Hope you are all well.

Nancy, I'm sorry about your Aunt. You were wonderful to be so supportive to her and your Cousin when they both needed you the most.

Gotta run!

beach bum
02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Tooth is out,and temporary crown in in place. So the next time I go to the dentist [3/13]they will be working on my new bridge ,other wise nothing else is new.

VICKIE-Glad the cortisone shot helped. I wouldn't know how to cope with pain. PT should work also.

RHONDA-Thanks for the pages.

Have a great evening,see you guy tomorrow

nancy237
02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
getting back on schedule ..

I went to see Joyful Noise with Dolly Pardon & Queen Latifah..
Some really good one liners that I must remember

favorite "save yourself some time and see this my way"

More later, nancy

Vickie
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've got a busy day today followed up with my punch list for the bathroom (well, one trade anyway). I'm in a Doctor loop at the moment.

Hope you are all well.

pam920
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Morning chicks.

Staying OP. It's a gloomy, cloudy day. 40% chance of rain. We got our walk in. Hope we can do another this evening.

Sounds like all of you are keeping busy. I'm feeling lazy right now. I think I need a nap.

beach bum
02-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Had alot to do this morning,and been invited to all sort of Valentine parties next week[from church on Sun,senior center on Mon and a friend's house on Tues.]

Other than that my tooth is feeling fine so I'm cooking again, meatballs,ts.,raviolis and spinach is for dinner today.

NANCY-That's the movie Mary & I are waiting for to see, Its suppose to be so funny,but our theater take along time to get these great movies.

PAM-Some times is good to relax, hope you have a great restful nap.

My dinner is ready,have a date with my wash machine & dryer

Have a great day

Tejas
02-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I went to the gym at 7AM and worked out on the elliptical before tap practice at 8:30! I'm trying to do the cardio work 5 days a week now and it will mean some early morning sessions.

Eating well today.

ontarget
02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Sounds like you're all busy and working at being healthy chickies. That's good. I am doing the same. Catch you later.

Tejas
02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Off to the endodontist....wish me luck!

Where, oh where, are Ems and JoJo??

pam920
02-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Good luck. I have one root canal and could not handle having that done again. I get panic attacks just thinking about getting any dental work that involves a needle.

It's going slow for me. Have cut out all snacking and allow myself one thing after dinner. My eating has been spot on. Walking twice a day most days. Why is this so difficult? I made kale chips last night. They were okay.. Not sure if I'll make them again, but it was worth trying. I couldn't find kale in a bunch. All the markets here have them in a bag now. I think I needed to cut off the stemmy part and they would have been a little better.

Have a good day.

Tejas
02-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Both my dentist and endodontist are very good at giving injections. They are essentially painless.

The gettting healthier is hard work. It takes patience, focus and work. But, I'm assuming it's all worth it.

ontarget
02-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't know how many root canals I've had, but it's a few. I inherited my dental problems from my father. He got false teeth while still in his 30's. So far I still have mine. Well, mine plus a large bridge.

Tejas
02-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Dentist in the morning, followed by 40 minutes on the elliptical. Am I tough, or what?

Rhonda

ontarget
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM
You are T O U G H, Cuz.

Tejas
02-08-2012, 10:57 PM
:rofl:

nancy237
02-08-2012, 11:39 PM
A friend of mine saw that I was posting photos of Robin on facebook at 3 am ,
knew that was a bad sign, called me , took me on a hike, had hottub time with me , suggested & helped me sign up for some free Outdoor Ed classes on Tuesday nights, is going with me tomorrow to camera shop , and is taking me on a day trip next week to a neat lake that has swans on it ..
Now if that isn't a great friend I don't know what is .

I am doing much better tonight after a few days quite blue.

I have decided to work part time instead of full time for awhile & decided renting a townhouse(after I sell) would be much smarter right now until I am surer of what I want to do next.

My paypal got hacked but they caught it in time..Paypal said to not use the same password on secure & nonsecure sites. They said they can hack passwords easily on nonsecure sites and then try them with your user name or email on secure sites like banks, paypal ect.

Tejas
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Good morning:

Indeed, that is a good friend, Nancy. Your trip plans sound like fun. I need to go hiking! And, thanks for the advice about passwords.

Do you chickies know about dried PB that can be reconstituted? It's good and much lower in fat and calories.

Later...

pam920
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
but is it good? I've heard of that pb.

Nancy, you have a very special friend. Scary about your paypal acct.

Going shopping with my sis today. I'm going to make a stop at the health food store. Need steel cut oats.'

Time for our morning walk, then breakfast, then shower, then shopping.

Have a great day.

Tejas
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Pam..I mixed it with real PB and it was good. I used 2T of the reconstitituted and 1 tsp of the real and was happy with it.

beach bum
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM

I lost my post that I posted yesterday, trying over and over again,but I brought it to my email draft and saved it. This is what I posted
===============================================

Nothing new,just went out to buy some spices and other items from the Dollar Store. Than I had to go out and mail my DGK Valentines Cards.

RHONDA-You certainly a expert in exercising,I 'm lucky if I get my walking done. Its was too cold today to walk outdoors. Good Luck at the endodontist.

PAM-Sorry about your ordeal with your root canal. I don't like needles but I closed my eyes when the Novocain needle appeared.

Have a great day
==============================================

Another busy morning,should go out and do some grocery shopping,but I just don't feel like going out again.

We had some snow on the trees & cars,but luckily it was a powdery snow that was easy to sweep off with a broom.

NANCY-Glad that you found a great friend,just for posting on FB. I don't like going in there so Cancelled my subscription.

RHONDA-Never heard of reconstituted PB,where can you buy it?????

PAM-Have a great time with your sister.

Have a great evening

ontarget
02-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Nancy, that's a really good friend. Enjoy your outings together. Thank you for the tip on PayPal and passwords.

I'm keeping the grands tonight till about midnight. Should be fun. Curtis and I will take them to dinner then I'll stay at their house till my son gets home from a schoolboard meeting. Our dil is in Austin at a conference.

Rhonda, I never heard of that pb. Sounds interesting. Curtis eats a lot of pb. He eats extra-crunchy. There's prob not much hope for him.

Vickie, how are things going? Are you getting some relief?

Waving at all of you. Have a great day.

Tejas
02-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I got the dehydrated PB at a general store here that sells food stuffs and vitamins.

It's called PB2, powdered peanut butter. It has 85% fewer fat calories than traditional PB. It is made by Bell Plantation, Inc. fro TIfton, GA.

Two tablespoons have only 45 calories, 5 grams of carbs, 94 mg of sodium, 2 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein.

ontarget
02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Guess what. Granny is here on an IPad. This is fun!

Tejas
02-10-2012, 12:33 AM
:woohoo: Granny. I might need one of those!

My tooth is hurting :(

nancy237
02-10-2012, 12:39 AM
An ipad..I am impressed..
The computers are getting smaller and phones getting larger..

Anyone into photograghy?? I may get a Canon Rebel but there are 3 versions and then different lens packages..

pam920
02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
ipad ipod...........I can't keep up with all this technology. I finally broke down and got a droid last year. Still don't understand all of it. I'm sure it does so much more than I'm aware of. Thank goodness I have my daughter and grandsons to teach me.

Tejas
02-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Pam: :)

After months at 183, then up to 188-190 over the holidays, I am now at 182. Going to the gym, and changing my diet just might be working. I'm on a roll..well, actually on an elliptical ;)

nancy237
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I am helping my cousin with beginning the estate work today and then working on my list of To Do's.
One thiong is to talk to verizon about the iphone. Soon ,I too will be one on these people that doesn't know how to silence there phone :D

ontarget
02-10-2012, 05:29 PM
:woohoo: Rhonda. Congratulations.

I was just on the iPad last night at my son's. Today I'm back to the basics with my old laptop. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....maybe some day.

Tejas
02-11-2012, 11:10 AM
180 pounds this morning, down from 188-190 in under 6 weeks

:woohoo:

nancy237
02-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Excellent work...:carrot::carrot:

180 pounds this morning, down from 188-190 in under 6 weeks

:woohoo:

beach bum
02-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Had to go out early this morning and the snow was lite and not sticking but now as I sitting here typing the snow is coming down harder and sticking. TG I don't have any reason to to leave the house for the rest of the day. They talking a 3 " the most. Tomorrow is going to be worse and the temps with be frigate,and I so AFRAID of ICE. I bought a ticket for the church's scholarship dinner tomorrow evening at 4:30. Hope I will be able to make it.

RHONDA-Congrats:cheer3: on the pounds lost. I had to go out early this morning and I forgot to W-I today so I'm going to do so on Sunday morning.Sorry about your tooth hurting hope it goes away soon.Thanks for the PB information I looked where the PB & Jelly aisle and I didn't see it,so I guess I will have to go to an health food store or go to the vitamins & health food section of the supermarket..

NANCY-My DH had a cannon rebel but I didn't know how to operate it as he was the photographer,so I gave it to my DD. Don't think I will get an ipad as if a camera is confusing than a ipad would be double confusing.

Have to stat my dinner so have a great day

ontarget
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Rhonda, :cp:

Shot my highest score of the season today. Life is good.

Tejas
02-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Sandra, you rock, cousin!!! Congratulations and LOTS of love to you!

pam920
02-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Congrats to Rhonda. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Sandra. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryann, the PB2 is not available in most stores. I think most of us would have to order online. I pass through Tipton GA on my way back to KY. I'll have to stop and see if I can find it.

beach bum
02-12-2012, 12:49 PM

Just got home from brunch and than to the movies to Journey 2 and after that the Scholarship Dinner at the church hall. So I'm being a busy butterfly today.

Got up early to see if it was icy out,but the roads sidewalks and staircases all cleared. Had to go out and start & get my car warmed up for about 15 mins . The only problem I had was to get the door opened. Had to pull hard until it finally opened.

SANDRA=Big congrats on your highest:cp: shot ever.

PAM=Thanks,Going to look on line for it,as I'm such a PB fan,I guess it goes back when I was a girl mom wouldn't have it in the house.

Have a great day

ontarget
02-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Thank you, ladies. I am on Cloud 9. Maryann, it was my highest of this season. I shot higher at Indoor Nationals in KY last season. But this was just 8 points under my KY score. We have tournaments the next 4 weekends. Then indoor season's over and we'll be gearing up for outdoors.

My eating's been off. I need to work on it.

puneri
02-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Congrats Tejas.