Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 02/06/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 02/06/2012

rissimo
02-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

rissimo
02-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Good Luck on to those who have weigh in 's today. I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Jag23
02-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Good morning. Its 4am where I am and I'm at work. I am doing really well OP there are all kinds of cookies,choclates and chips here tonight,I look,but DO NOT TOUCh. I quit smoking 23 yrd ago and haven't touched a cigarret since. So I figure if I don't touch anything I shouldn't eat,then I can be safe! So far my plan is working.
Hope everyone has a great day,when they wake up,I'll be in bed

NavyMommy
02-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Good morning!! Week 5 here and I'm down another 3.4lbs :) WooHoo!!! I can't wait to break into the 160's, I honestly don't remember the last time I was there, probably just shortly after I got married. I hope everyone has a great day!

mamacitaof2
02-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great OP weekend! Stayed home yesterday and didn't go anywhere for Super Bowl. (not that I watch it anyway) It was a nice and relaxing afternoon.

Have a great OP day!

Icathinme
02-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Happy Monday, everyone! Starting week 4 today, and so far I'm down 21 pounds! I even survived a long weekend out of town and managed to stay OP! I rewarded myself quite handsomely this weekend and splurged on a new Coach purse...with my husband's encouragement, of course. :) People are starting to notice and compliment me on how I look...it feels great!

mompattie
02-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Well I'm with those that say 100% OP and gain! WI was +0.2 this morning and how SUPER frustrating when I was OP all weekend!!!!!! I just wanted something to show for all my resisting efforts this weekend at a big family get together. Grrrrr oh well here's hoping for the woosh next week, guess my body is saying "not so fast missy" have a good week everyone!!

Icathinme
02-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Well I'm with those that say 100% OP and gain! WI was +0.2 this morning and how SUPER frustrating when I was OP all weekend!!!!!! I just wanted something to show for all my resisting efforts this weekend at a big family get together. Grrrrr oh well here's hoping for the woosh next week, guess my body is saying "not so fast missy" have a good week everyone!!

You've done amazing! You may be retaining some fluid, or maybe starting to get a little constipated. Either way, I know it's frustrating, but I would NOT worry about it one bit!!!

Icathinme
02-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Look at me...I got a ticker! It's the small things..... :)

maykatcooper
02-06-2012, 08:25 AM

Whoo Hoo and getting smaller. Smile. Great job... :)

Ducksmy
02-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Happy Monday!
I hope that everyone has GREAT WI's today! I have stayed OP for 2 weeks, the scales have stopped moving and only lost 1.5lbs last week, a little discouraged. Any one have any ideas?
:?:

mtnsun4
02-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Good morning all! Have a great day!

ATeam
02-06-2012, 09:01 AM
We just had our Week 4 weigh in and for Husband/Wife team we are down an amazing 9.8 pounds for the week and 44.6 total pounds since the start. We couldn't be happier.

We had an IP Milkshake taken from EnlightenWithZarah's youtube Channel and it was very good. Had the Tapioca pudding added extra water and tad of ice with stevia, mix in blender and it made two enormous IP Superbowl Milkshake drinks :)

ATeam
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
I have stayed OP for 2 weeks, the scales have stopped moving and only lost 1.5lbs last week, a little discouraged. Any one have any ideas?

Discourage ??? you should be proud of yourself, 99% of the population would love to wake up and see they've lost 1.5 pounds. Your body reacts differently, like me I lost 40% more weight this week than last week and I didn't even exercise at all because I had a foot problem. Once your body adjust, I think next week you have a nice result.

le506
02-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Icathinme- congrats on the ticker!

I'm starting day 4, waiting for it to "feel" like its all working, right now I still feel like I'm just going through the motions

le506
02-06-2012, 09:38 AM
oh, and Ateam, thanks for mentioning EnlightenWithZarah's youtube channel. I had never heard of it.... off to watch some videos

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
4 weeks in as of today! Woo Hoo! It's flying by like crazy, glad to say for the last 4 weeks I've been 10000000% OP with IP!

:D Now I'm stalking the Fedex guy for my chocolate soy balls! :D

PS: Red team biggest loser for the 2nd time now! AWESOME! :D

Thurge
02-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I was OP all week except yesterday I was a little bad for the Super Bowl. I had a small bag of pork rinds. I did make 2 awesome hamburger buns from the crepe mix! I made 2 burgers and some kholrabi fries (couldn't get them to crisp though) I ate them with a smidgen of the new Heinz 1 carb ketchup (much better than WF) I guess that will be a MOP day (mostly on program) We'll see the results at weigh in tonight and next Monday for the impact.

maykatcooper
02-06-2012, 09:53 AM

I'm starting day 4, waiting for it to "feel" like its all working, right now I still feel like I'm just going through the motions

Persevere and the payoff is coming big time... Almost all of us lose well the first week but day to day weigh ins at home can be misleading. If you are weighing at home, don't compare your day to day weight change, compare to your last logged official weigh-in. My official weigh-ins are at home because I'm Ideal To Go which is all done on-line. Also, the feeling better part can take a while for some. It took me several weeks to feel results but boy owdy did I ever hit the better feeling! Some weeks we lose no weight but lose significant inches. Some weeks the only encouragement is knowing that we stayed OP and feel better.

I'm so happy you've expressed your concern. Please, please persevere.::hug:

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
I was OP all week except yesterday I was a little bad for the Super Bowl. I had a small bag of pork rinds. I did make 2 awesome hamburger buns from the crepe mix! I made 2 burgers and some kholrabi fries (couldn't get them to crisp though) I ate them with a smidgen of the new Heinz 1 carb ketchup (much better than WF) I guess that will be a MOP day (mostly on program) We'll see the results at weigh in tonight and next Monday for the impact.

I use the Heinz 1 carb ketchup. mmmm delicious!

le506
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
heres a question for everybody? What are your staple "not IP" products. I don't have anything WadlenFarms or really anything 0/0/0 so if it isn't IP or isn't a vegetable I haven't had it. I'd like to do a shopping trip with everyones suggestions....

Samba
02-06-2012, 09:59 AM
I am waking up to Day 5. Feeling good!!!!

i read a lot about ketosis last night. it is a good thing I did or I would have wondered where my crazy dreams came from!

so looking forward to even more energy. I am seeing now how I kept myself in a carb slump all the time. Ugh!

Ylanthe
02-06-2012, 10:22 AM
I made it through the weekend! WOOHOO! I am rounding out my first full week on IP after my December "break" and it's looking good :). My pants are getting long! Official weigh-in is Wednesday, and it's looking good!!

Happy OP day today everyone!

Ylanthe
02-06-2012, 10:27 AM
heres a question for everybody? What are your staple "not IP" products. I don't have anything WadlenFarms or really anything 0/0/0 so if it isn't IP or isn't a vegetable I haven't had it. I'd like to do a shopping trip with everyones suggestions....

I don't use Walden Farms, I do use Crystal Light sweetened with Splenda, because my coach said I could use them, 1 or 2 a day. I use them in 1L of water too, so that spreads them out.

A quick go-to protein for us if we're running like crazy is a rotisserie chicken from a local grocery store-take off the skin, I use mustard and go to town. SO yummy! And super easy.

And experiment with spices you use on your protein meals. I've noticed that spices I used to use all the time taste a little different. Do yourself a favour and try different veggies/herb combinations. There are tons of recipes on the recipe pages in the forum, too.

Good luck, you'll do awesome!:carrot::D

CassiR
02-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Samba,
I'm also in my first week and i'm glad you mentioned something about strange dreams.. I had a strange one last night that now i cannot even remember.. And i'm also coming out of my carb slump and actually feel better already without the unneeded carbs. :)

le506,
I havent bought anything either outside lettuce and broccoli, cauliflour, and eggs. I need to add meat into my dinners and its been so long since i've had a good steak. :)

nikkib
02-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Happy Monday!
I hope that everyone has GREAT WI's today! I have stayed OP for 2 weeks, the scales have stopped moving and only lost 1.5lbs last week, a little discouraged. Any one have any ideas?

That is a great loss! Your body will give up what and when it is ready to. As long as you follow the plan 100% all the time it will all even out :)

nikkib
02-06-2012, 11:35 AM

Mrs. Dash. I buy every flavor. I think I have about 9 or 10 now. Love them. You can use them on veggies and meat. I never get board. I also like Franks Red Hot sauce and a very wide variety of caffeine free herbal teas. Hope this helps :)

EmilySebetka
02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I always have to have mustard! Archer Farms makes a smoked onion mustard that I would die for. Its the greatest thing EVER!!!!!!!!

The last week I've been feeling really nasty and tired. I think its from the alternative bars I'm using as restricted items. They have 16, 17, and 18 g carbs respectively. Unfortunately, they were the lowest carb ones of the bunch!!! I'm going to get some prot-thin bars from online though. My parents or sister can have the ones I can't use. I really hope this tiredness issue is just because of the carbs in the bars. If its not, I'm gonna be an unhappy camper.

le506
02-06-2012, 11:46 AM
some more basic questions (can you tell my coach is in a meeting all day today?!?)

is there a breadcrumb substitute?

are egg whites limited?

is the 2 cups prior to cooking or after? (this hadn't been an issue until I tried the cauliflower popcorn)

Lilmink
02-06-2012, 11:46 AM

Can you please post the how-to link for the ticker. I can't find it and should long since have one. Thanks :carrot:

It initially took me 6 full days to get in to ketosis. It will happen and boy, will you know it. You'll wake up feeling more energy and less desire to eat than ever!

beckyjo
02-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I am toward the end of week 3 and I have no desire to eat anything. The thought of food makes me sick to my stomach. I make myself eat I just wanted to know if anyone else feels this way. I also am loosing alot of inches however my upper arms do not seem to want to drop the inches any suggestions?:carrot:

pegv
02-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I had my weigh in this AM and am down 2.2 pounds! This is the first time I have had a loss over 1 1/2 pounds and I was excited!!

Goldenrod
02-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I am toward the end of week 3 and I have no desire to eat anything. The thought of food makes me sick to my stomach. I make myself eat I just wanted to know if anyone else feels this way. I also am loosing alot of inches however my upper arms do not seem to want to drop the inches any suggestions?

I have also been through this. Just hang in there, your appetite will improve. Trying to eat a variety of veggies etc helped me to not get so sick of everything. Also my upper arms are very slow in dropping inches as well. Not sure of the reason for that. I guess we just have to give it time as well.

salmongirl
02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
My coach said upper arms were usually the last to thin out. I guess this gives us time to build a little muscle so we are not so droopy! I made a delicious soup last night from my veggies and chicken broth, then blended it so it was creamy...yummy!
I hope everyone has a great day!

Kellym1021
02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi all, just wanted to say hello I am new to the IP program today is Day 1. I am so excited to see all of the success and motivation on this website!! Keep up the great work everyone we can do this!
:)

slp
02-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi,This is my 1st day on IP too! Is rotisserie chicken allowed(remove skin of course).

Thurge
02-06-2012, 12:13 PM

Ok out of the WF products I think their pancake syrup is quite good. So is their creamy bacon salad dressing. I can't do their ketchup so I switched to the Heinz 1 carb per serving ketchup.

le506
02-06-2012, 12:19 PM
slp- yes to the chicken

BIG WELCOME to you and Kelly- I'm on day 5 and it isn't that bad! :)
so a forum search for Cauliflower Popcorn and Kale Chips, those have been my favorite discoveries so far

DanafromAustin
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Don't feel too bad as I have the same issue this week. As always 100 percent and I'm up this week at 0 .6. It happens, just have to hang in there.

Hi,This is my 1st day on IP too! Is rotisserie chicken allowed(remove skin of course).
I eat it just making sure all skin is gone.

Ok out of the WF products I think their pancake syrup is quite good. So is their creamy bacon salad dressing. I can't do their ketchup so I switched to the Heinz 1 carb per serving ketchup.
I like their honey mustard dressing. Going to buy the peanut butter today. Not expecting much, but still some on a celery stick sounds good.

beckyjo
02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks Salmongirl and Goldenrod. I am looking forward to the arms to be smaller. Everyone have a great day.

Alytux
02-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I love reading all the posts - very motivating!!

I've got my second weigh in this Wednesday. Finding this surprisingly easy and I am feeling soooooo much better after cutting the carbs and sugar - WOW! I didn't realise how sluggish I was feeling. Also developing a taste for lots of new veggies which I never tried before. The IP foods are okay - I now pretty much know my favs and am sticking to them. Mrs. Dash is a big help too!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Oh, and I am 9lbs down already!! :carrot: :hat:

Kellym1021
02-06-2012, 12:49 PM
slp- yes to the chicken

so a forum search for Cauliflower Popcorn and Kale Chips, those have been my favorite discoveries so far

Thank you le506!!!

Kellym1021
02-06-2012, 12:51 PM

I've got my second weigh in this Wednesday. Finding this surprisingly easy and I am feeling soooooo much better after cutting the carbs and sugar - WOW! I didn't realise how sluggish I was feeling. Also developing a taste for lots of new veggies which I never tried before. The IP foods are okay - I now pretty much know my favs and am sticking to them. Mrs. Dash is a big help too!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Oh, and I am 9lbs down already!! :carrot: :hat:

Congrats on 9lbs down already!! How are you liking the food?

shalista
02-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I feel horrible. I caved yesterday and had chips. Tomorrow is my first week and weigh in. :(

slp
02-06-2012, 12:54 PM
slp- yes to the chicken

Thanks for the answer on the chicken. Good to hear that it hasn't been that bad too! I've been hearing the first week is the hardest. I haven't felt any different yet but the day is young lol. I am a big carb addict so I expect to go through some kind of withdrawal soon. The cauliflower popcorn & kale chips sound interesting I will definately google that. Thanks!

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I feel horrible. I caved yesterday and had chips. Tomorrow is my first week and weigh in. :(

Are you having your restricted? Are you doing strictly IP or alternatives? There's some good "chips" that you can have that won't make you feel guilty :)!

CassiR
02-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Congrats on your 9 lbs!

A few questions about Ketosis:
How many days/weeks until I am in Ketosis? I'm in day 2 of IP.
How will I know when it happens?
I've heard a lot about the dangers of Ketosis with the kidneys. Do any of you know anything about this?

Thanks in advance :)

Harmothoe
02-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Check out Nashua Nutrition's site; they sell a lot of alternative products that are similar to (or exactly like) IP's products.

The ones that have been HUGE hits for me.

1) Proti-thin Cream of Veggie soup - nicer texture than IP soups, unrestricted.

2) Proti-thin Sweet Roll Mix - sweet and bready and counts as an unrestricted. My favorite evening snack.

3) Proti-Diet Chocolate fudge cake - counts as a restricted - I limit this to one per week. You microwave it, and if you undercook it just a bit, it's like a molten chocolate cake.

4) Proti-Diet Blueberry pancakes - counts as an unrestricted, very yummy. Way better than the IP pancakes and lower carbs.

As far as Walden Farms, I just cannot stomach their salad dressings; I'm using a one carb, 40 cal per serving lite Italian and counting it as my oil (Ken's Steak House Lite Italian). I did find a zero carb pancake syrup (what a lifesaver!) and I just ordered some DaVinci syrups. I do permit myself the ICBINB spray in moderation. I've also started experimenting with recipes - make a souffle the other night from a chocolate drink mix.

The product substitutions haven't slowed my weight loss or caused cravings, and the variety has helped me stay OP. I think the one-carb stuff is a bit of a slippery slope: you can get into carb creep if you add a carb here, a carb there. I do use keto-stix to make sure I'm staying in ketosis.

thin4me
02-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Check out Nashua Nutrition's site; they sell a lot of alternative products that are similar to (or exactly like) IP's products.

You are making me totally jealous, it is difficult for Canadians to order through Nashua Nutrition with shipping and duty costs but they sure seem to have a variety :(

Harmothoe
02-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Congrats on your 9 lbs!

I've heard a lot about the dangers of Ketosis with the kidneys. Do any of you know anything about this?

I have been diligent about using ketostix to check. I went off program twice, and all three times (induction, returning after breaks) it took me three solid days to get back into ketosis (the evening of day 3 the stick started showing a color change.) I can usually tell without the stick: the cravings are gone and you have just a hint of a funny taste in your mouth.

The last time I went off-program, it was hard to get back on. Remembering how much it sucked to wait for ketosis to start has been a lifesaver in helping me resist slipups. When you realize that you actually lose FOUR days every time you really cheat, it helps. You can always "cheat" with extra meat or add an extra packet; it may slow your weight loss, but you're at worst losing a day, rather than four.

shalista
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I am doing just IP. I am 325 so I am supposed to do 5 packets a day. My coach gave me a menu plan they set up for the 1st week, so I have been following that exactly. I am not entirely sure what restricted means. I am still figuring it all out. I have been really good on doing vegtables and seeming satisfied for the most part, but just could not say no to the chips. I am normally not a chips person, I usually like sweets. I haven't been craving the sweets, just crunchy salty.

Today I am going to try making the kale chips and saw the cauliflower popcorn in another thread. I am not sure when/how to add those in if I am following the protocol strictly. I am afraid to mess it all up.

Harmothoe
You are making me totally jealous, it is difficult for Canadians to order through Nashua Nutrition with shipping and duty costs but they sure seem to have a variety :(

I do feel for you. I lived overseas for 3 years and I couldn't get anything "good" without jumping through hoops.

You know, that's a good business idea. Perhaps you should start a resale business? Import in bulk and sell on the internet domestically.

thin4me
What can we use as chicken or beef broth?

I have checked the powder and cube varieties of Knorr, Oxo and I can't recall the third brand. All of them have either sugar or corn syrup listed in the ingredients.

Suggestions?
Course if you look at some of them they show zero for sugar but still lists it as an ingredient

le506
okay Harmothoe... SO many questions for you!;)

-can you share your soufflé recipe- thinking that might help with the drink flavors I know I'm not going to like
-who makes the syrup you found?
-what is Keto-stix?

doublebaby
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Congrats on your 9 lbs!

Lilmink posted this link in yesterdays's daily chat, I think on page 12.
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/faq/f/whatisketosis.htm
It might help some of your questions.

Shayideal
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I am hoping today is the day that I am in onederland! For the first time in almost 10 years! Can't wait for weigh in! I was at 201.5 last time and was having back up issues. I have since been on the IP Cleanse and am feeling much better!

thin4me
02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
I do feel for you. I lived overseas for 3 years and I couldn't get anything "good" without jumping through hoops.

You know, that's a good business idea. Perhaps you should start a resale business? Import in bulk and sell on the internet domestically.

You may be on to something there :)

Harmothoe
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM

-can you share your soufflé recipe- thinking that might help with the drink flavors I know I'm not going to like
-what is Keto-stix?

The syrup is Vermont Syrup Maple Sugar Free Low Calorie; it has 5 carbs per 1/4 cup, so I limit it to a couple of tablespoons.

You can find ketostix at your local CVS or Walgreens with the diabetic supplies.

My souflee recipe needs some tweaking. But the idea is that you beat a couple of egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then fold in a mixture of (1 IP drink or puding package, 1 tsp vanilla extract and enough water to make it the consistency of cake batter). I divided it into two ramekins and it baked up to the size of a softball in each (!) I baked at 400 for 15 minutes and they were too wet inside, baked about 8 minutes more and they were overcooked. They were yummy and the texture was right (except for being overcooked), but they were not quite sweet enough. Next time I will substitute DaVinci syrup for some of the water and perhaps split across three ramekins so they're not so "deep" as to make getting done a problem. I suppose you could also back at 375 for 20 minutes and see how that goes.

If you try it and get it right, please post the winning formula. I think you could make a cheese souflee with the broccoli soup. :carrot:

doublebaby
02-06-2012, 01:36 PM

I have checked the powder and cube varieties of Knorr, Oxo and I can't recall the third brand. All of them have either sugar or corn syrup listed in the ingredients.

Suggestions?
Course if you look at some of them they show zero for sugar but still lists it as an ingredient

I think most people make their own broth. The only one that I have found just recently after searching for quite awhile is called Wild Harvest Organic. It is free range chicken broth with no artificial flavors or preservatives. It also comes in a low sodium choice. It is 0/0/0/.
Ingred: organic chicken broth(filtered water, organic chicken stock), organic chicken flavor, sea salt, organic onion powder, organic potato flour, yeast extract, orgainc garlic powder, organic flavor, organic, tumeric, natural flavor. Distrubuted by Supervalu INC. in Eden Prarie, MN
The price wasn't any higher than any of the other brands out there either. It comes in a 32 oz. box.

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I am doing just IP. I am 325 so I am supposed to do 5 packets a day. My coach gave me a menu plan they set up for the 1st week, so I have been following that exactly. I am not entirely sure what restricted means. I am still figuring it all out. I have been really good on doing vegtables and seeming satisfied for the most part, but just could not say no to the chips. I am normally not a chips person, I usually like sweets. I haven't been craving the sweets, just crunchy salty.

Today I am going to try making the kale chips and saw the cauliflower popcorn in another thread. I am not sure when/how to add those in if I am following the protocol strictly. I am afraid to mess it all up.

Are you doing the "regular" meal sometime during the day preferably for dinner? Every single coach is different & may not have you on the restricteds yet. It would be a bar or something like that. What is the meal plan for the 1st week? Just the 5 packets a day?

sekc14
02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Lime-on-aide --> Just discovered a great taste! 16 oz water, 1 cube fresh frozen lime juice, and 2 droplets "lemon drop" liquid Stevia flavoring.

I buy large quantities of limes or lemons, squeeze, then freeze the juice in ice trays to make cubes. I use the cubes for cooking fish, veggies, flavoring water, etc.

Survalia
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Egg whites are free, but I would use some common sense. Weigh your veggies raw and your meat uncooked. Kale chips and cauliflower popcorn would count toward your veggie allowance. I just use bullion cubes for broth, but I am sure some would feel they are too high in sodium. I like the taste of salt. I like the WF blueberry spread, the syrup, and the caramel sauce is ok. I use the alfredo sauce, but I usually add cheddar sprinkles and sometimes other spices. The peanut butter is pretty sad, unless you can mix it in with something. Other products I use are vegetarian cheese slices, Land o Lakes cheddar sprinkles, MiO, and herbal teas.

stmpspaz
02-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Persevere and the payoff is coming big time... Almost all of us lose well the first week but day to day weigh ins at home can be misleading. If you are weighing at home, don't compare your day to day weight change, compare to your last logged official weigh-in. My official weigh-ins are at home because I'm Ideal To Go which is all done on-line. Also, the feeling better part can take a while for some. It took me several weeks to feel results but boy owdy did I ever hit the better feeling! Some weeks we lose no weight but lose significant inches. Some weeks the only encouragement is knowing that we stayed OP and feel better.

I'm so happy you've expressed your concern. Please, please persevere.::hug:

Ideal to Go?? How to you get that? My center is 25miles away, each way, I would LOVE to be able to order and do this online! (especially since the coach is brand new, and really hasn't given me any info)

wuv2bloved
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
some more basic questions (can you tell my coach is in a meeting all day today?!?)

is there a breadcrumb substitute?

are egg whites limited?

is the 2 cups prior to cooking or after? (this hadn't been an issue until I tried the cauliflower popcorn)
Measure BEFORE its cooked, you could use the south western cheese puffs as a bread crumb. Egg whites are free, I wouldn't recommend eating 6 though, more like 2 or 3 at most.

Can you please post the how-to link for the ticker. I can't find it and should long since have one. Thanks :carrot:

It initially took me 6 full days to get in to ketosis. It will happen and boy, will you know it. You'll wake up feeling more energy and less desire to eat than ever!
Read in the very first post of the daily thread it will tell you information about the ticker. Have you been a member for 20 days yet? You can't get a ticker until you reach that 20 days and it goes to the hour, so if you joined late at night you will be able to get your ticker late in the night.

I am toward the end of week 3 and I have no desire to eat anything. The thought of food makes me sick to my stomach. I make myself eat I just wanted to know if anyone else feels this way. I also am loosing alot of inches however my upper arms do not seem to want to drop the inches any suggestions?:carrot:
I am in my 40th week of IP and I have not loss any more inches in my arm since my 5th week. I have loss every where else but my arm. It will come off when its suppose to I guess.

I would stick to the basic rotisserie chicken, I would not get any of the flavored kind, Lemon pepper would be the only one I get.

Remember YOU are the one who brings your hand to your mouth ONLY YOU can stop it. YOU have to make the COMMITMENT......NO ONE else can DO IT FOR YOU!

I started off at 388 and never had more than 3 packets a day. 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted. Your restricted items have more carbs in it like the bars, puffs, ridges, cereal and oatmeal to name a few. YOU have to learn to SAY NO!!!!!!...this is a NO CHEAT DIET!

Suggestions?
Yes, you can use the chicken or beef broth just use the lowest sodium ones or the cubes.

Porthardygurl
02-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Good morning all...

Looks like a lot of people just starting their first week..Im officially on day 7 and in my first week ive lost 7.5 pounds... Which i think is awesome! Stood on my scale today and didnt lose any weight today...ive been weighing every day and so i guess the weight loss honeymoon first week is over and now my body wants a break from losing...better to stand still than to gain though...

I love my DH but man! oh man! Last night he was like "im craving cake" and im like "Really? you dont like sweets?" and im like "Hey! this year will be my first year without a birthday cake" and he is like "Oh i can get you one of those mini cupcakes,you know the small ones"... and im like "uh! no!!! thats cheating!!!" and he is like "but its just a little tiny one..its so small" and im like "no! that cheating..that counts as a "bite" and we have a rule!! no licks bites and tastes at all!!! " I said "if i cheat even once, its like pure failure already and on top of it..it will set me back over a week healthwise because im a Celiac and eating wheat and gluten will make me severely ill,even a small amount "....

I love my DH dearly..but thats SABATOGE!!! and i wont stand for it!!!! Last time i tried this diet, i caved on the fifth day and said "oh just a little wont hurt"....YAH IT WILL!!!

Why is it that the people who are closest to us and love us and want us to lose weight..actually encourage us to go off??

Its okay to have a birthday without a cake..especially for me.

wuv2bloved
02-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Why is it that the people who are closest to us and love us and want us to lose weight..actually encourage us to go off??

Its okay to have a birthday without a cake..especially for me.
It is YOUR decision to stand STRONG and KEEPING SAYING NO!!!!!......ONLY you can STOP the cycle. They will continue to do it for the rest of your life!! UNTIL YOU prove them wrong. Perfect example with my EX this weekend, KNOWING FRIED chicken is my MOST FAVORITE food in the world ate it right in front of me and going on and on about how good it was.....Went in ONE EAR and OUT THE OTHER!....he used to do that to me when we were married and I would always give in...NOT THIS TIME....I GOT THIS.....and SO DO YOU....STAND YOUR GROUND with YOURSELF and EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
It is YOUR decision to stand STRONG and KEEPING SAYING NO!!!!!......ONLY you can STOP the cycle. They will continue to do it for the rest of your life!! UNTIL YOU prove them wrong. Perfect example with my EX this weekend, KNOWING FRIED chicken is my MOST FAVORITE food in the world ate it right in front of me and going on and on about how good it was.....Went in ONE EAR and OUT THE OTHER!....he used to do that to me when we were married and I would always give in...NOT THIS TIME....I GOT THIS.....and SO DO YOU....STAND YOUR GROUND with YOURSELF and EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!

like like like like x a million!

thin4me
02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I think most people make their own broth. The only one that I have found just recently after searching for quite awhile is called Wild Harvest Organic. It is free range chicken broth with no artificial flavors or preservatives. It also comes in a low sodium choice. It is 0/0/0/.

Thanks!
I haven't seen it here but I'll have to look closer

Porthardygurl
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks Wuv! I am :) ....

alex1space
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM

Wuv... will you live in my pocket?
You have the most wonderful things to say and keep me SO inspired!

I am so luck to have found this site on day 3 before cheating...rather than after a cheat or 2.
I am strong and will stay strong!:D

thin4me
02-06-2012, 02:58 PM
I just use bullion cubes for broth, but I am sure some would feel they are too high in sodium.

Do your bouillon cubes contain sugar or corn syrup? I have used them on occassion but not sure what it does to the ketosis....

wuv2bloved
02-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Wuv... will you live in my pocket?
You have the most wonderful things to say and keep me SO inspired!

I am so luck to have found this site on day 3 before cheating...rather than after a cheat or 2.
I am strong and will stay strong!:D

I will actually be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks, I am going to go visit my mom in Kaplan!...Feel free to Message me ANYTIME!!......You can do this Alex!

Shem7412
02-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Afternoon All!
NSV for me today.. calculated my BMI.. although I dont really follow or pay much attention to it I hadnt put in my weights in a few months when I had dropped from Obese to Overweight.. well today when I put in my weight I was 24.4... and normally range apparently is 24.9! So at least according to BMI scale.. I am NORMAL!!

LOL gave me a good laugh as I ate my mushroom soup and sliced zucinni for lunch .. yum :)

thin4me
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
[COLOR="Indigo"][B]Yes, you can use the chicken or beef broth just use the lowest sodium ones or the cubes.

Thanks!

MaMaZu
02-06-2012, 03:27 PM

YOU GO GIRL! NO ONE CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF US WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION!! WE ARE NOT VICTIMS ANYMORE!!!!

Katiedela9
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Had WI #4 last Friday lost 1.4lbs, also gained 1.6lbs of muscle, don't know if that is a good or bad things....

100poundfreeway
02-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Just wanted to say a quick Hi and congrats to all the WI sucesses and NSV's today!
I'm feeling good about this week! Last week was a HUGE learning curve for me! I made some awsome foods this weekend and barly missed all the "junk" that superbowl can bring. My husband and daughter snacked on veggies all day with me ;)

mamarix1
02-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Whoo Hoo and getting smaller. Smile. Great job... :)

Well, I'm back. The hardest part for me was deleting all my little swimmers from my signature. Darn it all anyway, but I know how to do it, and I'm going to put something new up there to show the results!
The hardest part of this diet is maintenance, not the actual losing.
If I can't do it myself starting TODAY, I'm going back to the clinic. I have a new shipment from Nashua right here at work.

Good news on plan working for you!
Mary

janniegoingdown
02-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Do you have to copy and paste your tracker everytime you post? It does not seem to be working for me.

bludolphin
02-06-2012, 04:12 PM
hello everyone...congrats to all the losses on the thread.

I am having a hard time with it this week I believe it's stress related...work is going to be a bear for the next several days. I'm doing my best.

DanafromAustin
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM

-what is Keto-stix?

They sticks measure your level of ketosis. However you really don't need them. If you follow this plan 100% you will be in ketosis somewhere between the 3rd and 6th day. I can always tell because I have the worst breath, I wake up earlier and with more energy and the cravings and hunger are gone. Ketosis is a beautiful thing and not harmful to your body.

Had WI #4 last Friday lost 1.4lbs, also gained 1.6lbs of muscle, don't know if that is a good or bad things....
Building lean muscle and loosing fat is even better than what the scale says. You had an excellent WI!!

Trishak
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi,
I'm in the middle of my 3rd week on IP. WI #1: 10.4, WI #2: 4.6. so 15 lbs lost so far! Was feeling great, but this weekend was hard. Superbowl, eating out, husband eating crap in front of me. I did really well. I did eat ONE lousy potato chip, but that was it.

I know I need to stop weighing every day. It seems like I haven't been losing this week like I was the first 2. I've even been up a few days. I'm staying on plan, drinking lots of water, no soda, nothing! I think it may be PMS, but do you just have weeks where it seems like it isn't working? (I know I'm CRAZY, but I have been faced with so many temptations, and I just need to know this is working and worth the challenge)

Feeling down, and crazy cause I should be thrilled with 15 lbs in 2 weeks.

Trish

vicknops
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone. I have been visiting this site and others in my first week, and you guys really are the best. A lot of real advice and 'been there' intuitiveness. I will keep checking in, and let you know how the first wi goes. Can't wait to qualify for a ticker! I love seeing all the losses- what a motivation.

100poundfreeway
02-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Egg whites are free, but I would use some common sense. Weigh your veggies raw and your meat uncooked. Kale chips and cauliflower popcorn would count toward your veggie allowance. I just use bullion cubes for broth, but I am sure some would feel they are too high in sodium. I like the taste of salt. I like the WF blueberry spread, the syrup, and the caramel sauce is ok. I use the alfredo sauce, but I usually add cheddar sprinkles and sometimes other spices. The peanut butter is pretty sad, unless you can mix it in with something. Other products I use are vegetarian cheese slices, Land o Lakes cheddar sprinkles, MiO, and herbal teas.

OMG this is the first thing I have seen that represents cheese!!!!! Tell me more!!! what are cheddar sprinkles and where do you get them! My down fall on this program will be the lack of cheese! I love the stuff pretty sure I was a mouse in another life LOL (I don't really believe in that but if I did :) ) Vegetarian cheese clices are new to me too, where do you find them?

Goldenrod
02-06-2012, 04:44 PM

YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm finding with IP it's easier to say no than any other diet has been for me. Not sure if it's my mindset or the diet itself.

100poundfreeway
02-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi,
I'm in the middle of my 3rd week on IP. WI #1: 10.4, WI #2: 4.6. so 15 lbs lost so far! Was feeling great, but this weekend was hard. Superbowl, eating out, husband eating crap in front of me. I did really well. I did eat ONE lousy potato chip, but that was it.

I know I need to stop weighing every day. It seems like I haven't been losing this week like I was the first 2. I've even been up a few days. I'm staying on plan, drinking lots of water, no soda, nothing! I think it may be PMS, but do you just have weeks where it seems like it isn't working? (I know I'm CRAZY, but I have been faced with so many temptations, and I just need to know this is working and worth the challenge)

Trish

Hang in there from everything I have seen and read it's so worth it! YOU just have to stick to it stay 100% OP and this will pay off for us!!! I just know it!

Survalia
02-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Just looked at my bullion, and the second ingredient listed is corn syrup solids, third is sugar. Hmmmm. I believe I will be rethinking this one, although when I was seeing a coach she said it was ok. Anyway, the Land O Lakes sprinkles are found in the spices aisle of the grocery store (I shop at Hy Vee). The label says they also have other flavors -- parmesan & herb, sour cream & onion, white cheddar and ranch. I have not tried any of those. I have used them on veggies, on burgers, eggs, etc. The vegetarian cheese is made by Galaxy Nutritional Foods and I found it in the organic section at the the same HyVee. Made from soy. It does have 2.5 grams of fat, 3 grams of protein and 40 calories, so I keep it to occasional use and/or subtract it from my protein allowance.

idealme
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
So im waiting and waiting for this "ketosis" to happen....Im on day 6 and i dont feel too much different. Weigh in 1 is tommorow and im excited....is there definate signs for everybody for this ketosis or is everybody different? you have to go into this state to lose the weight right?

bludolphin
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Do you have to copy and paste your tracker everytime you post? It does not seem to be working for me.

when you have enough posts or days on the boards you will be able to add a signature. you can put your ticker in your signature and it will show on every post.

bludolphin
02-06-2012, 05:00 PM
So im waiting and waiting for this "ketosis" to happen....Im on day 6 and i dont feel too much different. Weigh in 1 is tommorow and im excited....is there definate signs for everybody for this ketosis or is everybody different? you have to go into this state to lose the weight right?

I never really noticed that I was/am in ketosis, but if you follow the plan you will be.

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
hello everyone...congrats to all the losses on the thread.

I am having a hard time with it this week I believe it's stress related...work is going to be a bear for the next several days. I'm doing my best.

You can do this <3 Stress can get the best of you for sure, at least I know it can get me! I need to figure out something else to keep myself & my mind busy when I feel stressed out instead of eating. I've gotten a lot better over the last 4 weeks, but I'm hoping maybe it will turn into organizing & getting rid of crap I don't need LOL.

Seriously though, you CAN DO THIS!

Momto2cs
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
You don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight, but it accelerates fat loss as your body burns stored fat for energy.

Harmothoe
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM

That's an awesome thing. Muscle is dense and burns calories. Plus, strong is good. PLUS, you lost 3 lbs of fat! That 3 lbs of fat is MUCH bigger than the 1.6 pounds of muscle, which will burn calories all day long.

I would much rather decrease body fat than decrease what the scale says. :smug:

janniegoingdown
02-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks bludolphin, i think i gotter figured!

Thurge
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
I have an opinion question. Which is worse? Cheating by eating a bag of chips or cheating by making chips out of an allowed vegetable (like turnips) but deep frying them?

tenniels
02-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Just a question to my fellow Canadian "Fat Chicks" lol. I know some of you have mentioned where to order Proti-Thin online in Canada, but I can't seem to find the thread I saw it in. If you'd be so kind as to share that with me again, it'd be greatly appreciated! I'm thinking of adding some of their non-restricted products to my rotation of IP products for variety. Thanks so much :)

mamacitaof2
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Just a question to my fellow Canadian "Fat Chicks" lol. I know some of you have mentioned where to order Proti-Thin online in Canada, but I can't seem to find the thread I saw it in. If you'd be so kind as to share that with me again, it'd be greatly appreciated! I'm thinking of adding some of their non-restricted products to my rotation of IP products for variety. Thanks so much :)

I'm not from Canada, but I believe it's proteinwell or something along those lines...

le506
02-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Did anyone else get started with a "starter kit" with 1 or 2 of everything available? I'm worried because there are flavors I CAN NOT stand (such as banana and blueberry) and am stuck having paid for it. I wish there was a trade in option :(

tenniels
02-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Did anyone else get started with a "starter kit" with 1 or 2 of everything available? I'm worried because there are flavors I CAN NOT stand (such as banana and blueberry) and am stuck having paid for it. I wish there was a trade in option :(

My centre lets you trade in your packets that you don't want (unopened of course). Did you ask at your place? Mine sells them individually as well so you're not stuck with a box of something you don't like. Hopefully they'll do that for you! I tried most everything though, and was surprised by some of what I liked/didn't. Sometimes you end up liking something you didn't think you would! :)

tenniels
02-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not from Canada, but I believe it's proteinwell or something along those lines...

Thanks mamacitaof2, that is awesome, I am browsing the website right now :)

And if anyone else has other websites, please do let me know!!! :angel:

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I have an opinion question. Which is worse? Cheating by eating a bag of chips or cheating by making chips out of an allowed vegetable (like turnips) but deep frying them?

Neither option is too awesome, honestly.
Have you thought about ordering something "chippy" online from Protithin or something?

Also, some people make turkey pepperoni chips. They're good!

idealme
02-06-2012, 06:20 PM
the crispy cereal made me gag honestly...im going tommorow to try and trade it in...Ill let you know how it goes :)

SaraBean
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I hope I am asking a question in the right place :) If not please let me know.

I am confused about ketosis. I understand that your body enters into it the 3rd or 4th day on IP. I had all the symptoms, headaches, tiredness, etc.... but do we stay in ketosis until we eat sugar? Why do the symptoms go away? I am on week 7 and I feel good. No headaches, no tiredness, etc. So does that mean I am not in ketosis?

Sorry if this is silly to ask.

thin4me
02-06-2012, 06:53 PM

I ordered mine from Proteinwell - free shipping over $100.00

WingnutandMe
02-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Neither option is too awesome, honestly.
Have you thought about ordering something "chippy" online from Protithin or something?

Also, some people make turkey pepperoni chips. They're good!

Turkey pepperoni chips? Is there a recipe? Sounds so good. I really want to know what to do to make those.

3mama
02-06-2012, 07:05 PM

I am confused about ketosis. I understand that your body enters into it the 3rd or 4th day on IP. I had all the symptoms, headaches, tiredness, etc.... but do we stay in ketosis until we eat sugar? Why do the symptoms go away? I am on week 7 and I feel good. No headaches, no tiredness, etc. So does that mean I am not in ketosis?

Sorry if this is silly to ask.

The headache, tiredness, ect. is the detoxing from the carbs/sugars not ketosis itself. The good feeling is ketosis. If you've been feeling great, losing well and staying OP then you are in ketosis.

3mama
02-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Neither choice is good. Don't cheat - you're favorite things will still be there when you are done losing weight.

wuv2bloved
02-06-2012, 07:11 PM
OMG this is the first thing I have seen that represents cheese!!!!! Tell me more!!! what are cheddar sprinkles and where do you get them! My down fall on this program will be the lack of cheese! I love the stuff pretty sure I was a mouse in another life LOL (I don't really believe in that but if I did :) ) Vegetarian cheese clices are new to me too, where do you find them?
The Land O Lake sprinkles are in the spices section, there are 3 or 4 flavors. You can find Veggie cheese in the produce sectiuon near the Tofu and stuff like that

YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm finding with IP it's easier to say no than any other diet has been for me. Not sure if it's my mindset or the diet itself.
It is a MIND set thing...IF your MIND isn't IN IT then NEITHER are you and you will self sabotage yourself!

Can't DEEP FRY anything in vegetable oil. You might try pan frying them in olive oil but I wouldn't deep fry them

Turkey pepperoni chips? Is there a recipe? Sounds so good. I really want to know what to do to make those.
I would not suggest having Turkey Pepperoni chips very often they are high in sodium and fat. When I spoke to my coach about it she said a "few" pieces would be ok but nothing more

purple sky
02-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Happy Monday, everyone! Starting week 4 today, and so far I'm down 21 pounds! I even survived a long weekend out of town and managed to stay OP! I rewarded myself quite handsomely this weekend and splurged on a new Coach purse...with my husband's encouragement, of course. :) People are starting to notice and compliment me on how I look...it feels great!

Treats are important. Yayyyy you!!!

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 07:30 PM

*Warning: Not suggested for daily consumption for sure due to sodium!*

They're really good, I ate some yesterday for my "super bowl" fix lol.

I cut mine in half [or you could use the minis!] so it feels like you're getting "more" and then I put them on a foiled line pan sprayed with olive oil spray ;) & then put them on around 300-350 for 7-8 mins. Check them occassionally & cook until still "squishy" or until crisp, whichever you prefer.

Then, when done to perfection you take them and blot them with a paper towel to get the excess grease off. Delish!

Some people cook them in the microwave, but I haven't tried.

frazzledmom04
02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
the crispy cereal made me gag honestly...im going tommorow to try and trade it in...Ill let you know how it goes :)

Have you tried the cereal as a pancake? I couldn't stand the cereal as a cereal but I found a recipe for the pancake and I have that every morning for breakfast with either WF Pancake syrup or WF raspberry jam. Very yummy!

WingnutandMe
02-06-2012, 07:39 PM
*Warning: Not suggested for daily consumption for sure due to sodium!*

They're really good, I ate some yesterday for my "super bowl" fix lol.

I cut mine in half [or you could use the minis!] so it feels like you're getting "more" and then I put them on a foiled line pan sprayed with olive oil spray ;) & then put them on around 300-350 for 7-8 mins. Check them occassionally & cook until still "squishy" or until crisp, whichever you prefer.

Then, when done to perfection you take them and blot them with a paper towel to get the excess grease off. Delish!

Some people cook them in the microwave, but I haven't tried.

Thanks. I will take yours and WUV's suggestions to limit them, but you know how special snacks can keep you OP.

purple sky
02-06-2012, 07:53 PM

Uh-oh. :)
Today is a new day and the beginning of a new week,. If I may suggest some alternatives. The SW curls are quite good with a nice amt of spice. I love the Dill Zippers myself and DH also loves the Cheddar ridges.

I would suggest one or even two of these the next time you are enjoying a game or another event. Better you take in extra product than eat outside of protocol. You might not like the scale this week.

I am enjoying your recipes and ideas for my DH. I need to get that crepe mix next time.

patns
02-06-2012, 07:59 PM

I can't eat the crispy cereal as a cereal but it is fantastic made into a pancake or made into a rhubarb "cobbler".

purple sky
02-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Ah, To Chip or Not to Chip...that is the question.

Sounds like the theme for today.

NSV yesterday, I crammed myself (sausage) into a size 10. I felt I was smaller and could not find any size 12's. I could walk around and even sit down. And I tried on a medium sized shirt. It fit. Wasn't flattering but it fit and I could move. Started this diet at a comfortable 14 jeans and a comfortable XL.

Jag23
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
I would like to find out is there is a IP Clinic in Porta Vallarta Mexico. Would be cheaper for me to buy my supplies there,than in Canada,and have to get through customs with them. Does anyone know...........Thanks

Becky64
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Hello! Made it thru my first day of IP. Wow I am stuffed! Finding the recipes very helpful! I am so glad I found this site! Very encouraging!
Thanks! :o)

mtnsun4
02-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Great to see so many newbies! I wish you all well on your journey.

Today was a good day.....feeling good! Love all of the great recipe ideas.

shiipa
02-06-2012, 09:23 PM

Wow, that is great. Congratulations!

DanafromAustin
02-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Trish
Put your scale away as it sounds like it will drive you crazy! The 3rd week is generally not a great weight loss week since most of us loose so much the first two weeks. It's our bodies was of taking a bit of a break before starting up again. Of course losses will never be as good as the first two weeks. Just stay on plan 100% and you will be successful.

I wouldn't worry about it too much as it's different for all of us. As long as you are staying on plan 100% you will be in ketosis.

My coach will let me return something if I don't like it, and she will also give me a free sample packet of something if I want to try it.

The symptoms you mention are signs of carb withdrawal, not ketosis. If you are feeling good and staying 100% on plan then you are in ketosis and will continue as long as you low carb.

omgzitsmiranda
02-06-2012, 11:25 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyy3d3HtvH1qgh9aoo1_500.jpg

Thought you guys would appreciate this <3

thin4me
02-06-2012, 11:44 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyy3d3HtvH1qgh9aoo1_500.jpg

Thought you guys would appreciate this <3

How true!

tenniels
02-07-2012, 12:13 AM
omgzitsmiranda - love your post, that is so so so true. Thank you :)

omgzitsmiranda
02-07-2012, 12:14 AM
How true!

omgzitsmiranda - love your post, that is so so so true. Thank you :)

No problem at all you guys :) I just usually post photos or quotes that I think really fit well with me & I'm sure with lots of other people too :)

Glad you enjoy them haha :P