Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:43 AM   #1  
On the long, long road!

S/C/G: 267/265/150

Height: 5'5"

Default So, this is what exercise endorphins feel like!

Hello all! My name is Katie. I want to start by saying that I've been watching the boards for a little while and you all have been incredibly inspirational. I'm so excited to be part of a group that's so supportive and determined to become healthier! It's a rush all on its own.

About myself: I've been overweight most of my childhood and obese most of my life. My parents weren't very attentive on the "healthy meal" front, and my version of a home cooked meal was spaghetti o's or, barring that, a happy meal from the McDonalds down the street. I grew up addicted to fast food, and I still am. Being obese has always made my self-confidence run and hide in the other direction, and I've spent most of my life afraid to look in the mirror and see who I really was. My mental image of my body and the one in the mirror have never really coincided. I've tried countless times to change that fact, but all my attempts until now have been halfhearted - this time, however, is the last time I will see my current weight of 252 on a scale! I've made that promise to myself and I hope that I can join in with all of you in an attempt to lose all the weight I need to.

One of my biggest fears is dying early because of my weight. Heart disease, stroke, anything like that has always scared me to death. I refuse to let that happen if I can help it! I'm only twenty-three and I know I shouldn't worry, but losing weight is only going to become more difficult as I get older and my habits become more ingrained. I'd like to thank this group for this motto as well: "A year from now, you will be glad that you started today!" I wrote it on my board at work and it gives me the motivation I need to start making new habits for a brighter future.

I started my diet and exercise officially on February 1st, 2012. On that day, I weighed 255 lbs. It's been a little less than a week and I'm three pounds down so far. My ultimate goal is to be 150 lbs - I have a long way to go! One year from now I hope to be 100 lbs lighter. Thanks for all of your support and I'll see you all along the way!
oneshortday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #2  

Hi Katie, I'm Steph and I am definitely in your shoes right now! I kind of lurked around the board for a few days before joining myself, but am totally stoked to see all the support and encouragement. From my experience, the biggest thing was actually making that decision to go for it and now we just have to stick with it! I look forward to losing with you!
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #3  
On the long, long road!

Nice to meet you, Steph! I know exactly what you mean. I've started this so many times I lost count and none ever stuck. I'm just about at my first week and I feel great, but it's still discouraging to look in the mirror sometimes. I think we can both do this! I'm so excited to look at myself one day and know that I'm healthy.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

You can do it!!! welcome welcome welcome .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #5  
On the long, long road!

Quote:
You can do it!!! welcome welcome welcome .
Thank you so much! You look great, by the way. Seeing before and after pictures like yours really give me the motivation to get through another day!