Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Changing accounts over anxiety...

Does anyone else have problems with creating just one account and sticking with it due to anxiety? If I post something and then need to edit it, the little message at the bottom saying that I have bothers me. Always has. I dunno why...

Or if I post something that was ignored or heavily disagreed with or an argument breaks out, even just a mild one, I immediately want to change accounts. Not to hide but because now I view my account as "flawed". I've even tried to change accounts to change names when my current one doesn't feel like a fit anymore, it's really quite stupid...

I know this isn't weight related but does anyone else do this? I'd really like to stop, it's kind of a buzzkill... >.>
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Nope. Changed things many times in my posts. But never cared nor thought my acct was "flawed."

In the end YOU have the power to just STOP if you want to stop. Try not to sweat the small stuff.

It would be like getting upset your pencil isn't "perfect" any more because you used it. Well... isn't that what it is for? To be used? Same with your acct.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-05-2012 at 07:58 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Hehe, I feel like this when I unintentionally started an argument or came off harsher than I intended in a post. But I pretty much stick with the account. I'm more likely to stop posting for a while or leave a site altogether than change accounts, not sure why...
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I edit my posts all the time, mostly due to spelling or grammar mistakes! I do admit that I sometimes feel paranoid that someone in my "real life" is going to recognize me on here - and I like having this place as a safe haven to discuss my weight/food related issues - which includes emotional issues. Even though I haven't posted anything so horrible, I still wouldn't want to be outed.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cats View Post
Hehe, I feel like this when I unintentionally started an argument or came off harsher than I intended in a post.
I know this one well, I do the same thing! I try to sound firm but then I worry I'm coming off as mean. But when I'm not firm, I feel like I get pushed around a lot and if an argument breaks out over it, I get nervous.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Conflict doesn't have to be horrible.

It can be an opportunity for growth and better understanding. Not all parties have to agree on the same thing but it is possible to agree to disagree and it doesn't have to be the end of the world.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #7  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
Conflict doesn't have to be horrible.

It can be an opportunity for growth and better understanding. Not all parties have to agree on the same thing but it is possible to agree to disagree and it doesn't have to be the end of the world.

A.
I agree with this. There's almost nothing to lose on this forum w/r/t personal relationships. You might think of it as a space where you can experiment with behaviors that seem uncomfortable to you (such as revealing your weaknesses, disagreeing with others, etc) and grow from the experiences that follow.
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote