Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #167

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #167

mrshummer
02-27-2003, 11:22 AM
If you would like encouragement during your weight loss journey or just to meet some really SUPER Christian folks that give support, encouragement, praise, etc... through good times and hard times you have come to the RIGHT place!!! :grouphug:

Pull up a chair and stay a while. WELCOME!!! Come join us!:wave:

EZMONEY
02-27-2003, 07:18 PM
[COLOR=indigo]SHERRY~SHERRY so glad you are back and O.K.? sounds like you have had a very rough week-- so sorry for your friend and family. Congratulations on the success of your daughter:cp: She should be as proud as you are (to her it's probably " no big deal")-- just bring on the tips!! Get yourself back on track now girl-- it is your health that is of concern!!

[COLOR=orangered]Looks like we are gaining friends on this thread and losing others!! Our we that boring (speaking to the regulars?:lol: )

Still working on my new room-- close to getting the floor down so we can walk on it--without stepping through my kitchen ceiling.

The nephew has been bringing home Great reports in the science class he was struggling with-- behavior and grades-- the last month so I told him friday, if the paper I make him get signed every day is still positive, he could get a new CD or toy. WELL-- today I get, in the mail, a report that he is failing P.E. due to not dressing out, poor conduct, etc. AGHHHHH!! Now I have to figure a way to reward him as I promised on one and punish on another.

The step-d and I are doing so well together-- she even sent me an ecard birthday card today-- sweet of her (totally goes against her grain!)

Well gotta go-- my daughter's tennis match was rained out today so I can go out to eat with my wife if she wants for my birthday-- my son was in an accident today coming home from school-- no one hurt-- traffic stopped in front of him in the rain to look at an accident on the other side of the road-- he braked ( too quick?) I don't know-- he said he was under speed limit-- anyhow he did a 180 and got hit sideswiped by the car behind him-- I think the other person is at fault even though he slid-- anyhow my ex is calling her to tell her that my son's damage is less than 200 so because he feels resposible he is willing to pay for his if she pays for her minor damage-- and not run it through the insurance-- we shall see.

Checkin' out--Gary

Mitchypoo
02-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Gary, Happy Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day! :) Except for that accident.......glad he wasn't hurt.

Bucer
02-28-2003, 05:41 AM
Hi, I was just checking my options on this site and it's great to see that there is a forum for christians. I only found these 3 mails. Does that mean this has just started or is there some button I'm not clicking? I'm just roaming around at the moment because I haven't started fighting the blub yet. I've got a work deadline April/May which will keep me running until then but after that I will have a lot of time and want to use it to get in shape. Just thought it wouldn't do any harm to get into the thinking beforehand.
Blessings
Bucer

mrshummer
02-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Good Morning EVERYONE!!! :wave:

So good to be back!!! I have been way off my eating plan the last few weeks but I'm doing what I can now to get back on track. I went to a friend's house yesterday that is doing LA weightloss and made her promise to make me accountable each day/week for what I'm eating and how much I'm losing. So, we agreed I would try to go every Monday or Tuesday and weigh in on her scales and she would stand firm. So being accountable should help me I hope.

HI Gary!!! :wave: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope it was a good day for you! I'm trying to take care of myself much better than I have been doing. I have a real busy Saturday but I hope Sunday will be quite and restful. With your nephew you have to take the good with the bad, I know it's frustrasting cause you get two steps ahead and one step back, etc. Boy, get that floor down so no one will fall into the kitchen!!! :lol: Glad your son wasn't hurt in the accident! Whew! Although he may be a little sore today. That's wonderful that you and your step dd have made up and things are better.

WELCOME to BUCER!!!!This thread has been going for years. But yesterday I started a new one #167. If you go to the bottom of your screen and look for #166, if you don't see it then click on page 2 and it should be there. And if you wish to continue to read our previous posts just repeat the process and click on the next page. But a big WELCOME to you and we hope you will stay around and post with us. We support and encourage each other in good times and bad. Hope you like us well enough to stay and post.

Michele~ It was good talking to you yesterday. Thanks my new friend. ;)

Well, I guess I better hurry up and get ready for work. Fridays are always so very busy. We are planning a little birthday party tomorrow for our youngest - she turns 6 Tuesday. She lost a tooth last week and looks so cute now. AHHH!!!! :D Talk atcha ya'll later. Have a GOOD FRIDAY and a GOOD WEEKEND!!!!!

wilma12
02-28-2003, 08:48 AM
:balloons: :hb: Happy Birthday Dear Gary Happy Birthday to you.
(Be glad you can't hear that!!) Hope it was a great one for you. Thanks for sharing your menu with us. I love hearing about the different things you make for your family.

mrshummer: WTG on finding support. It's so important to be accountable.

Bucer: Glad to have you join our group here. I hope you find the support you need like I have.

I survived the busy day and today will not be any better. I love being on the "front line" but it is a lot busier and I have to concentrate a lot more. My feet were killing me at the end of the day but DH is home for the weekend and he took me out for dinner last night. Then we just relaxed. Tonight I'm making spaghetti - an easy dish to prepare.

Thanks for your prayers. you are also in mine!

EZMONEY
02-28-2003, 10:19 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE :dancer:

Thank-you so much for the birthday wishes!! You are all so sweet. I had a normal birthday for a 49 yr.old. We will probably make next years a biggie but we don't do much on BD's around here unless it is for the little kids. Usually cards, a new T-shirt from one of the kid's colleges for dad and my wife ALWAYS knows what I want her to give me:D Now I owe her another back rub:lol:

MICHELE Thank-you, my son and the other lady were not hurt, thank God. A good lesson was learned by my son on hydroplaning~~minor damage on both cars. How are you healing? Still praying for you-- any 300's this week;)

BUCER Welcome!

SHERRY Thank-you~ Great idea on the "buddy" system~ we find it easy to lie to ourselves but much harder to others when we cheat on our efforts to kick that 'ol habit/habits we have. You take it easy on Sunday and refigure your new game plan. We should get most of the floor finished today~ the electrical took a little longer yesterday than we thought.

WILMA Hey girl get home and get those feet up!! You deserve an easy week-end !! After the last one with all the family.

HAve a great day- my brother is here so it is off to work!!

IN CHRIST- Gary

Mitchypoo
02-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let you know I heard from the DR.'s nurse this a.m. and the test results are all GOOD! No bad cells in any of the tissue, still waiting on the one on my foot, should know next week. But I am thrilled to know that hopefully this is all over! Thank you to all of you for your good thoughts and vibes and prayers!:cp: :cb: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :dancer: :flow2: :goodvibes :cloud9: :twirly: :yes: :lucky: How happy am I!!! Praise God!!

Sherry, so happy I could be there for you! :flow1: I'm happy to call you friend.

EZ-Bowling is over now so I have to find something else to occupy my time on Tues and Thurs. I plan to start bowling again after I get back to work and on my feet.

Start the job I'm excited about on Monday! Can't wait.

Today is a GREAT DAY!!!:dance:

doitforme
02-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Welcome back Mrs. Hummer! You had us worried woman. Sorry to hear about all the bad things, but happy to hear your back on track.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! E.Z. :gift: :hb:
Sorry to here about your son's accident but praise the Lord He wasn't hurt. Cars can be replaced.
Yeah! for you too mitchy glad they came back negitive and pray the one near the foot does too! My pastor had 3 cat scans and an mri today which will tell if it has spread anymore. Please continue in prayer that they will be negitive.
Wilma I am with Gary- you deserve to be able to put your feet up!
Welcome Bucer! Hope you post often!
I hate to post quickly but am going as guest to some home party tonight. I am sure it will be fun, probably kitchen gadgets. But that is o.k. Hi to all I missed. I am working a double shift tom, home Sun. then back on Monday so Talk at ya Monday. Have a great Lords Day!

mrshummer
03-01-2003, 11:20 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!:wave:

How is everyone this morning? I am just waking up and babysitting this coffee. AHHH!!! :goodvibes: My throat is so sore and swollen, and I'm sure I have a sinusitis infection this morning. I know it probably happened due to the severely cold weather here the early part of the week and me going in and out of houses that were close to 90 degrees. :hot: My little old patients stay so cold and don't realize what they do to us younger folks. I can hardly breathe in those homes. :?:

Sue~ Thx for the welcome back!!! I missed everyone here. Ya'll are the best. :grouphug: Hope your home party went well last night. Don't work too hard this weekend!! Check in when you can, but take care of yourself.

Michele~Yay!!! We are doing the happy dance for your results!!!!:dance::flow2: :cloud9::balloons: I am so very proud for you!!! We will keep praying about your foot. Hang in there!

Gary~ Glad you had a good 49th B'day. Today we will be having my little dd's 6th b'day party in Barbie theme, who else. :lol: And I sneaked out of doing some of what I was suppose to do today to rest a little more. I was soooo tired. And now I feel more rested even with the sore throat and sinus problem.

Wilma~ Take it easy and prob up those tootsies this weekend. Enjoy having dh home.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!! Thanks for all your support and encouragement. It's good to be back. I'm ready for spring, can you tell by my colors. :lol:

Mitchypoo
03-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Wow, you are full of happiness and energy today Sherry! You've inspired me to have a good day! How could I not, after your words and when I know God's love!...Happy Birthday to your DD! How cute, a Barbie theme!

wilma12
03-02-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm ready for church. DH is in the shower so I thought I would take this time to talk with you. We still haven't found a home church but are looking. At least we can worship every sunday even if we don't know the people we worship with.

Gutchie: Congrats on the kids. They'll certainly keep you busy for a while. At least you won't be near food!!
You're doing great.

mrshummer: Make sure you get your rest too! Those patients need you well. Hope the birthday party was fun. I've never been able to do a little girl party with just 2 boys in the house. We did hockey and dinosaurs!!!

doitforme: Did you have fun at the home party? I enjoy going to them even if you have to buy stuff. You get to meet new people that way.

mitchypoo: Praise God for the positive answer to prayer. what a great feeling! No wonder you're dancing!!!!

Gary: You're the same age as my DH. Must have been a good year! Take care and don't work too hard!!

Sami and Zoe: Where are you my friends? I need you!!

Thanks all for the advice to put my feet up. I'm doing that. Yesterday DH and I went shopping for a bit. I bought some new shoes which should help my problem. Then we came home and vegged. We rented My Big Fat Greek Wedding and really enjoyed it. (Did you know the star is from Winnipeg where I am living now?) Today it's off to church and more relaxation. I should be really ready for work on Monday.

Thanks so much for being such a caring group. I need you all in my life and am glad you're here.

:balloons: :grouphug:

mrshummer
03-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Happy Lord's Day to All!!!:wave:

How is everyone this wonderful morning that the Lord has given us? It's misting rain :rain: here and 44 degress but it's still beautiful to me. I have all my family here with me this morning and life is good. :D We had the birthday party for my Kaci yesterday and oh, it was so great!!! She had a total blast!!! She looked like a princess. She got little hi-heels with boa feathers on them, and a tiara with "diamond" earrings, a "diamond" necklace, Barbie dolls and cars, and makeup, makeup, makeup. All pretend makeup of course, complete with nails. :lol: I got pictures of her all "dressed up with makeup" It was fun!!!! She told us last night, that was the best birthday, she ever had. :love:

Michele~ You make being your friend so easy!!! I continue to pray about your foot. Hollar at me anytime.

Where is everyone this weekend? :shrug: And where are some of those MIA? Teaki? Sister Joanne? EVERYONE else? Well, post when you can. Have a good day!!!! I'll check in later.

EZMONEY
03-02-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi Ladies--

It is a beautiful day here~~ I can see snow on the mountains all around me (although none of them are closer than 30 miles). The wife and I went to church this morning to praise our Lord, then we went to see CHICAGO~~ I thought it was pretty good.

We spent most of the day yesterday with my ex watching my daughters tennis team~~ she did fair, won her singles but lost doubles in a match they probably should have won~~ it didn't cost the team anything though so that was good.

MICHELE FAR-OUT!!! as we used to say in the 70's!! on your great news:) If you can't bowl now how about taking up golf or tennis? Just a thought to help keep you moving. Good luck with that new job~~ I hope it all works out well for you.

SUE How was that party? My wife has had a few of the candle parties here for my nieces and a few Pampered Chef ones for her friends. I hope you had a great day off after that long Saturday-- how is the weather-- did my sunshine make it?

WILMA Didn't you love the Big Fat Greek Wedding? my wife and I sure did~~ not so sure quite yet on the new series. So me and your old man will hit the half a hundred mark next year huh! (((ouch)):lol: I hope you find a church that is comfortable for you soon. We had our monthly new member brunch today-- it is always nice to see new faces-- especially young ones to keep the church growing. We are Lutheran, Missouri Synod, so we have a tradition? of being older. Many of our churches are dying out, thank God ours is still holding a steady growth after 35 years. Just to keep you up to date~~ last night's dinner~~ the wife bought an already cooked herbed rotisserie chicken which we cut up and put in warm flour tortillas with pinto beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream, onions, tomatoes and whatever else you want-- real easy and good:dizzy:

SHERRY Sounds like you had a great time with your little ones birthday-- I love my daughter being 19~~ but I sure do miss the Barbie and Brownies days!! I sure hope you are feeling better by now-- I have had a runny nose for a few days and feel BLAH-- but I am getting better.

JOANNE Good to see you posting again~~ life on that farm must really take up the time!!

SAMI I hope all is well with you and those wedding plans are coming along smoothly-- have those kids quit fighting yet?:lol:

Well I am going to go rest for awhile~~ going to the movies really kicked my butt:D

ENJOY THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE!! Gary

Claudette
03-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Hi everone,
Sorry that I haven't posted in several days.
Glad to see everyone posting again.
Welcome to our new member, Buger.
Mrshummer, I think the accountability of friends near you, and online are what makes the difference in staying on the weight loss plan succeed.
I am so excited, as I am going to start a ft home care job next Monday. My territory will be smaller, the hours will be better, and I should have time to study in the evenings in the fall when I return to school on line.
My eating 3 meals a day, and 2 snacks is working very well. I also do better when I leave the starches/and carbs alone, and concetrate on vegies/protein/ limited fruits.
Mrshummer, just what is the LA weight loss plan? I have seen several in this area. and just wondered.
God Bless, Claudette

Goals: 120
170/166/164 (have been stuck here awhile)
Weights: 3 lb/ 3xweek
Exercise: 20-30 minutes/day.
" I can do all things through Him that strengthen me" Phil 4:13

doitforme
03-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi There! E.Z. Yes I got the sunshine, but it didn't come with any heat. It was really cold this morning. But the sun was shinning brightly. I just got a call from an old friend so I get back tom. Hi to all bye

Bucer
03-04-2003, 05:17 AM
Hi folks,
many thanks for the warm welcome recently. I had done something wrong with the cookies and wasn't able to log in to reply but the friendly webmaster sorted it out for me.
I'll probably be a bit quiet for a while as I won't begin the battle until after April. My husband pastors a small church here which will be closing :( with its last service on April 29th because we don't have enough workers to keep it going. A sad time for us and I'm very baaaaad with food when I'm feeling sad. But I think once all is done I will be better able to look forward and take on new tasks. And ranging high on the list is getting my weight and wardrobe under control. So if you don't hear from me, I am hovering and will be getting involved soon.
Blessings
Bucer

mrshummer
03-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Good Morning EVERYONE!!!:wave:

How is everyone this good morning? I am off from work today but have lots to do. I have to get groceries, have lunch with a friend and take my oldest dd to the eye dr out of town. So . . . . maybe along the way I can rest a little. My friend that I asked to help me hasn't helped me at all. She told me that she would call or email me at least daily to check my progress and I haven't heard a word. :( I know we are busy but it has really hurt my feelings. So, yesterday, I took the plunge. I joined WW online to give me regular guidelines and I have done WW in the past and do well at it. So, now I'm asking you guys to keep me accountable, as much as you can. :nono: :goodvibes: :drill: :grouphug: I plan to weigh on Friday mornings. K?

Bucer~ So sorry to hear about your church situation!! :grouphug: That would be hard but you know God will get you through all of this. He must have something bigger planned for you and your dh. Hang in there!!

Claudette~ Good luck with your ft home care job! I love mine! LA weight loss centers has a really good program kinda similar to WW. They give you basic guidelines on eating good food. Like so many fruits, veggies, proteins, starches, a day. No more than beef 3 times a week, etc... No medications, no bought meals, just teaching you how to eat healthy with their limitations. My friend has now lost nearly 60 lbs since Oct. I wanted to do it so badly but they refused me due to my medications and heart condition.

Gary~ Hope this finds you feeling all better now and ready to tackle the world. :jig: I love seeing snow capped mountains, there's just something awesome about them especially when you see them and you're all warm yet there's snow. Ya know?

Where are all you MIA?? Teaki ~ Zoe ~ Joanne ~ Sami ~ EVERYONE else ~ ~ ~ Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT OP day!!!!

Mitchypoo
03-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Hi everyone,

A quick note to say hi before I leave early for school. Need to get some homework done in the computer room and I wasn't able to go last night because of Alpha.

My first day at work went really well! It went quickly and I didn't feel too much like a fish out of water. The girls all took me to lunch which was fun. I'm thanking God for this place. Feel I'm suppose to be there.....

I may start working at the circuit gym i go to too! Need more hours...

Have a great day!

wilma12
03-04-2003, 08:44 AM
I hope everyone is getting off to a great start this morning! I'm enjoying my coffee and chatting with you. I get up a little earlier than I need to so that I can relax before going to work. I still find my job stressful and need this time to stay calm. Last night I worked on the quilt and it's almost finished. I have to say that I'm really pleased with it. I will have to start something new to keep my hands away from the food. I didn't have the urge to snack last night which is a first in a long while.

Mitchypoo: I'm so glad your first day on the job went well. It's really important to work at something you like to do.

mrshummer: It's so disappointing when friends don't come through. Lets all keep each other accountable. I weigh in on sundays and haven't reported anything for a while mainly because I haven't been doing anything. Maybe we need to spurr each other on to lose more. Are we on??

bucer: I'm so sorry to that your church is closing. It's such a tough thing to go through. Our former pastor went through the same thing with a little church they were pastoring. You and your husband are in my prayers.

doitforme: We have sunshine here too but with that comes really cold weather. It's colder here than it usually is. I WANT SPRING!!!

claudette: It sounds like you and I are around the same size. I can't seem to get the scale to move downward. You sound like you're doing great. Way to go!

Gary: Thanks for being here. I really enjoy your output. You have even inspired me to leave my "box" as far as cooking goes. I think I'll make quesedillas tonight along with a salad.

Hello to everyone else out there. ZOE AND SAMI WHERE ARE YOU?

doitforme
03-04-2003, 09:25 AM
I can't agree with you more Wilma I definitely am ready for spring. I hate having to bundle up like an eskimo, and warm up the car ect. Sorry I had to skip out yesterday, but she I can't read and talk at the same time so, knew I wouldn't retain what people was saying. So, As I was saying :
E.Z. Thanks for the sunshine, but blow some of the heat as well, (not that I am implying there is alot of hot air in California or anything) Hee Hee Hee Mrs. Hummer your daughter b-day party sounds like one she will remember for many years to come. All little girls like to play dress-up and love barbie. My weigh in day is Sunday as well, and if I am going home for the weekend it becomes Tues. But we would be happy to hold you accountable. You make sure you get enough rest and take care of yourself. We want you well. Still in my prayers
Mitchy- glad to hear the new job is going well! My goodness you busy, school and two jobs, lead a bible study ect. Ship me some of your energy. Still in my prayers with the foot.

doitforme
03-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Wilma- I hear ya about keeping your hands busy, I have stressfull days usually not to many, glad we can share your morning. I had fun at the princess party. They sell crystal, but it is very expensive so I didn't buy anything, couldn't really justify it. But it was fun chit chatting. I did buy something come to think of it. They have a game where you can earn fake money. I earned $4000 dollars and then two friends gave me there money, so all total I had $11000 dollars. Then they auctioned off some items. I bout a pair of candle sticks for $11,000 dollars. Which were made by Libbey not princess. Probably from the $1 store. But the game was fun. How could I forget such a BIG purchase. Ha HaCOLOR]
[COLOR=limegreen]Hi again to bucer. Sorry to hear about the church closing, that is always sad. Listen instead of lurking you can still come in and chit chat. and get to know us, then when your ready start up. We would love to have ya stick around and chat anyway! Claudette-your home care job sounds exciting, and school as well. What are you studying for! A specific profession just curious.

doitforme
03-04-2003, 09:37 AM
I guess I am long winded today. Just wanted to say hi to everyone else I missed and those that haven't been here in awhile. God bless have a great day. My weigh in on Today. I stayed the same no lose no gain, but I was bad a couple days out to partys where there was food ect. So that was good, do better this week. See ya later!

sami
03-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Hello it's really me! SORRY I have been gone so long but it seems like I never get a turn at the computer. I made DD get off tonight and she in a BAAAAD mood now! We went out looking at bridesmaids dresses and found the perfect one! (two of my DD's are in the wedding) I looked at some of the Mother of the Brides dresses and my DD said "don't look at those they are old lady dresses and you don't look like an old Lady" (She won Big points) I am doing great on my Diet and have lost 10 big ones in the last couple weeks. It must show on my face because I have had people asking if I have lost weight. I am WI on Sundays and I want to be accountable so I will post on Sundays. I am going out of town my DD is playing in a basketball tourment in WI. I'll Be back late sat.

Michele-I am so happy your news was good (another prayer answered)
Wilma-I am praying for you to find a Church home it is so important to have that fellowship.
Doingit-I have hear that those parties are a lot of fun. But like you I couldn't justify spending the money.
Mitchpoo-I'm glad things are going well at your new job. Keep us posted.
Sherry-I am here for you! I know you can do this. Just keep thinking one meal at a time. I am going to be checking on you and I have faith I will hear good news!
Bucer-A big welcome! It is sad that your church is closing but God must have another plan for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
claudette-How is your new job going? How is the Diet going? I have started drinking a lot of water and that really helps.
EZ-Hope you are feeling better. You know how the bug has passed around this house. I hope your DD isn't to disspointed over her loss.
Zoe-How are you doing?

I better go for now. Praying you have an OP day!
Sami

mrshummer
03-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone!! :wave:

How is everyone this afternoon? It's so good to see so much activity here. Had a good busy day and am fixin' to go fix supper. I think grilled chicken breast and veggies is quick and good too. ;) Enjoyed lunch with my friend today. She just had abd hysterectomy last week so she was glad to see me as well. I have good news and bad. The good news is that I bought me some new scales from Walmart today. The bad news is they weigh a whole lot heavier than my old ones. :( They are weighing about 10lbs more. But this way I have an accurate way to weigh.

Wilma~ I think holding each other accountable would be wonderful!! Thanks so much yous guy and gals. :lol: Yes, my friend really hurt my feelings this time. And what's really bad is she is my preacher's wife. *sigh* But, we have all fallen short before and will again, especially me. I like to get up early in the mornings too and the coffee and I come to the old 'muter and check in. I like to take it nice and slow and enjoy my coffee and my 'muter and my friends. ;)

Michele~ Glad work went well for you. Sounds also like you kinda hit it off well with the girls. Don't spread yourself too thin if you go to work at the gym. A girl can over do it, take it from someone who knows.

Sue~ I think we need to make ourselves accountable to each other and help each other, after all that's what we are here to do. Isn't it? Part of support and encouragement is giving stiff support, isn't it? :lol: WTG not gaining any. As you buckle down with me this week we both will see more on the loss end of the page. ;)

Where are you Gary? Sami? Teaki? Sami? Joanne? And everyone else? PLEASE check in when you can. We miss you!!!!

EZMONEY
03-04-2003, 07:51 PM
HEY EVERYONE

It is another rainy day here in sunny Southern California~~Are you all happy now:smug: ?

CLAUDETTE ~~ Keep up the 3 meals and healthy snacks-- you have a much better chance of not cheating!!

SHERRY Sorry about your friend not helping out-- maybe she just forgot. At least you went right in to another game plan and didn't sit and mope and eat!! Great job-- you are gonna make it after all!! Just a little quote from my generation of Mary Tyler Moore:lol:

WILMA Glad I can help with cooking ideas for you-- don't you just hate it when you can't think of anything to make? Weird isn't it-- sometimes I am so lost (O.K. all the time!!) I can't think of a thing. Actually tonight I threw in a frozen family dinner, chicken fettuchine florentine, 'cause the wife and I have a meeting at church tonight. I also got dinner started for tomorrow-- a chuck roast with garlic, carrot, celery,onion,sour cream m

ixed with a little flour and white wine and a can of mushroom soup-- set the crockpot in the morning on slow for 10-12 hours and serve over noodles. Pretty easy!

MICHELE Keep up the luck!! with that new job-- working at the gym sure would be a great incentive for you-- I agree with Sue~~ GIVE ME SOME OF THAT ENERGY TOO;)

SUE Sorry you didn't get to buy anything at your party-- my wife is the same way, she comes home empty handed saying it was just too expensive for what you were getting-- sad for the one trying to make a few bucks too. At least you got to eat good! oops! :lol: As far as hot air in California? YEP:lol:

Well --HELLO again to BUCER good luck with your church-- the members, your husband and you, it must be sad-- I will add you to my prayers!! May our Lord bless you in another church soon!!

Gotta run to my meeting-- Hi to everyone else-ZOE and SAMI hope all is well~~ GARY

wilma12
03-05-2003, 08:09 AM
Hi! I'm up extra early today. I'm going to work for 8:00 today. I've been really stressed about not balancing at the end of the day and I'm going to take some extra time today to find the outages I need to find. Please pray for me that the stress won't get to me. I love serving the public but get frustrated when I can't get the extra jobs given me done. I was so frustrated yesterday that had there been ice cream in the house I would have had some. Instead I munched on almonds which are much better for me.

Thanks for listening!

Gary: Dinner sounds lovely! DH is going to help with dinner tonight. He got home last night and has today off. Wonder what it'll be???

mrshummer: The same thing happened to me when I bought my new scale. Unfortunately my new one agreed with the doctor's office. Waiting to hear how you do on Friday!

Sami: Glad to see you posting! I've missed you. What a compliment from your daughter. You are going to be the youngest looking mother in law there ever was. Way to go!!!

doitforme: I don't always buy things at parties although I always feel I should. If I don't need it I don't buy it. I'm not a gadget person and usually buy things like crystal for gifts and not myself.

I got the quilt finished last night. Now I'm going to start on curtains for the rooms in my new house. I have a long narrow window in my dining room and dh's aunt gave me a beautiful really long lace table cloth that I can't use. I decided it would make a lovely curtain for that window. Smart, eh?? I'll let you know how it looks. This whole house need painting also but I'm going to wait until I can open windows.

I've run out of coffee so I better go get some more and have my toast with it. Gotta leave for work soon! Have a wonderful day!

doitforme
03-05-2003, 09:50 AM
We are suppose to get freezing rain and snow combination today so I guess warmth is out of the question, and E.Z.'s sun is in full retreat. Sounds like you need it now anyway. Rain can be depressing after awhile when ya can't get out to do anything!CONGRATULATION'S SAMI- Way to go losing 10 lbs, and what a nice compliment from your dd. You sound like you might be feeling better. did you get to talk to your dac and get all the answers to put your mind at ease. was it good news. Been praying for you. Hope all is well. Keep op and you'll be there before ya know it. Mrs. Hummer. Hey girl your dinner sounds pretty yummy mind if I stop in for a nibble. Love grilled chicken and veggies. What is another mouth to feed right. You keep your chin up, you'll do fine, and you bet we'll keep ya on your toes. I have been a good girl the last two days I didn't cheat at all. So I await your report on fri. tell us what you lost according to the old scale this week and that way you'll know how you did and not just be met with a gain. O.K. Because if I dieted all week I would definitely want to see it go down not up 10 lbs. Then start this week measureing with new scale only.

doitforme
03-05-2003, 10:02 AM
E.Z. Sorry that you sent all your sunshine away. I agree with wilma it is fun reading what your cooking , some things I have never heard of ex. fish tacos. I'm not sure about them. But then again I am definitely not a fussy eater. Hope your meeting went well. How are ya doing on your room. Done yet! I figure with all the rain, your inside. so thought I ask.
Wilma- relax take a deep breath and do the best you can, that is all anyone can ask. don't stress yourself out you'll get sick. I am making quilts fro a nursing home that are with money from state budget for community inclusion , so they are actually coming from my clients which are incapable of making them to the nursing home. I have been on this project for a year now. I have about 25 out of 35 quilts done except for tieing them. so, other then crocheting don't want to quilt at home. Making curtains sounds fun. Especially for a new home. Decorating is always fun! Hi there! to all others mitchy, bucer, claudette, zoe , joanne, sue, teaki ect. God Bless have an awesome day! Joanne- congrats on the birth of your goats. I tried to move your message (from the old thread so everyone would see it, but it wouldn't let me! So, everyone will have to go back and read it. Congrats on holding on! You better come back and let us know how your doing! We miss ya! See ya later

EZMONEY
03-05-2003, 06:57 PM
HI LOOOSERS!! :lol:

Well the start of another Easter is upon us~~

Sorry to SAMI and SHERRY yesterday~~ I posted at the same time you guys did so I didn't know about Sami's great compliment from her daughter:o CONGRATULATIONS!!

Our meeting at church went well last night~~ just trying to come up with new ideas on our social activity board as usual. Working about 1 and 1/2 hrs. from home and starting at 6 a.m.!! so I am a little sleepy the last few nights. Thank goodness I already had dinner in the crockpot because the wife is under the weather with a bad headache and runny nose now-- me-- I am all over it since I passed it to her-- what are friends/husbands for right?:lol:

SUE Hey ya know what I think? I am sending the sun but I think the gals in Texas are hoggin' it and not moving it forward~~ are you listening gals? I will try again, it is an absolutely gorgeous day today~~ yesterday it rained so much they cancelled my daughter's tennis (against a really easy team of course!). I haven't worked on my new room since last Friday~~ I was busy over the week-end and my wife made me get a paying job this week:lol: I hope it doesn't get cold enough to freeze those pipes again for you.

SHERRY Chicken and veggies-- that is the ultimate staple in my wife's cooking-- I swear if I didn't complain ( and of course I don't:smug: ) we would have that meal 5 nights a week. O.K. it is good for you, but..... Sorry to hear that Wal-mart scales do that!! Guess I won't buy any scales there--EVER - How is that little birthday girl? still opening Barbies? I remember years ago~~ about a hundred~~ my mom making Barbie clothes like crazy for my sister because there was no way we could afford them~~ does anyone still make those kinds of things or do we just buy them now 'cause we have NO TIME?

WILMA So what did your hubby make you? Bet it was good!-- doesn't matter does it-- it was cooked! Sorry about stressing out-- take a few minutes to look over a bible lesson when you get that way at home. My wife loves almonds~~ she combines them with dates and snacks on them frequently. How in the world could you let your cup run out of coffee? Forbidden in my cup:lol: I never let it get below 6oz. I have a 20 oz. cup and it is always full!! My truck won't start without it!!

SAMI I hope you have fun at the basketball tournament!! I really enjoy them-- I even go to my 21 yr. old son's recreation basketball games to root for him, or his soccer or softball, doesn't matter~~ I just go to watch my kids!! and step-D. I am so glad to hear you on a positve note girl!! Seems like it has been awhile. Great news on the weight loss~~ you are gonna make the "other mother" jealous:p

MICHELE~~~~~ZOE~~~~ WHERE ARE YOU?

Checkin out to check on dinner-- Get up and get movin'!!

Love Gary

sami
03-06-2003, 07:11 AM
Good Morning We leave today for WI. Got up this morning and we have another 2in of SNOW! I want spring................
EZ-I think your right someone is hogging all the SUN.
Sue-I did talk to one of the Speicalist he didn't have the report that showed the cysts. He changed my meds around and is treating me for the pain. I do feel a lot better. I sent a copy of the report to my family DOC and a nurse I have never met called me back and told me I needed to talk to the Dr. who ran the test. I told her he was not avail to talk to and I was sick of being passed around and not told what was going on. I am still trying to find out if the cysts are anything to worry about.
Wilma-Don't get all stressed out. Under stress you will miss things that are right in front of you. And don't buy any Ice cream so you won't give in.
Sherry-You should have gotten a TARGET scale. I am sure it would have weight you in less! LOL. Don't let it get you down. I think Satan wants that to make you down so you give up. But I know your going to lose that Weight.

I will post when I get back home. Have an OP day!
Sami

wilma12
03-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Thank you for your prayers!! I had an awesome day yesterday. I went in early and we found 2 of my differences. What a relief. It was also much slower customer wise so I've been able to get caught up in my work. To top it off I balanced at the end of the day. When I got home dh had the table set with candles and everything. We had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I really loved the effort he put out for me.

Okay, about the weather - it's nasty and cold here again with no relief in sight. People are heading south to get a break. My closest thing to spring is some tulips that I bought. They look lovely and make me smile when I look at them. I know it's all attitude but I really am getting sick of this cold weather.

Sami: DH bought ice cream last night and I DID NOT have any! It's amazing how our emotions control our eating!

Gary: I hope your DW gets better soon. Take good care of her!!

mrshummer: How's your day going? It sounds like you're having a great week. Keep it up! Do you do patchwork quilts and then tie them? Mine was a whole cloth with a pineapple and bird design quilted in it. Ivory on ivory. It fits a queen size bed and took me 3 years to finish. I'm going through withdrawal now but I'll get going on the decorating soon. I found an old table in the yard that will make a really nice telephone desk. Once it warms up I'm going to see if it's worth painting and fixing.

To everyone I haven't mentioned - have a great day!

doitforme
03-06-2003, 08:51 AM
We are suppose to get 3 " of snow this afternoon, so right there with ya sami! Listen girl you keep after those dr.'s for answers it is your right to know, and you may have no real reason to worry if they would just tell ya! Keep up the good work stay positive. God bless! E.Z. I know your trying, it must be the ladies in texas holding the sun or should I say heat. But the days are getting longer which is a sure sign spring will arrive soon. The start of Easter is a time to reflect on what Christ did, and what an awesome Savior He Is!!!!!!!! Your roast sounded yummy sorry to hear about sick dw. Hope she is soon up and feeling better. Gotta get ready to bowl this am so I will catch ya all later. Hi to all out and about.
Gutchie we are not ignoring you honey. you posted on an old thread come back and share the news about the newborn baby goats. We miss you!

mrshummer
03-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Good Morning EVERYONE!!!!:wave:
How is everyone this beautiful SUNNY morning in central Texas? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, we have the SUN and the SON down here. :D I am very proud of myself. I stayed under my WW point range yesterday and weigh a little less this morning. :cp: I know I'm not supposed to weigh every day but I couldn't resist. Hehehe I didn't get all my eight glasses of water in yesterday but did get over half. I'm very proud of my efforts yesterday. Although, at one point, I found myself with a chocolate cupcake in my hand and then I wondered, how did THAT get there? And put it back in the cupboard. Ya know, it was really weird, I grabbed that stupid thing without even thinking about what I was doing. See, I've been saying all along that my hands and mouth were doing things I wasn't aware of. And it's TRUE!!! :lol: Yeah right!!! Well, I really didn't THINK about it when I grabbed that bad food. But I'm becoming more aware of my surroundings now. :yes:

Sami~ Congratulations on those 10lbs GONE!!!! Yay! :bravo: That is so fantastic!!!Sorry, Zoe and I are hogging almost all the sun. We're quilty as charged. But I will try to send you some. Snow? No, we need spring. :flow1: Yeap, I should have bought my scales at Target, who knew that Walmart scales were like that? LOL I love these scales though cause they don't just weigh lbs but ozs as well. [/b]

[color=1e90ff]Gary~ Yeap, we are hogging the sun down here in Texas. It's really warming up now that we have had it a little while. Do we have to share it?? Oh, come on, Gary. It's finally getting springlike. Ok, we will share SOME of it. :lol: Sorry to hear that your wife is under the weather. Sounds like you did some sharing of your own. The B'day girl is GREAT! She is just growing up too fast. I laughed the other night, she told me that her B'day party was the "bestest she ever had". Then, she said that we had spent too much on her though. I asked, do you think so? So, I told her to go tell her daddy. Then she said, no, cause, he might take something back. :lol: I assured her, no one was gonna take anything back. She's so sweet!

Sue~ Come on over for supper, anytime! You are more than welcome here. I also like the chicken and veggies on the grill cause it's quick with quick cleanup. ;) Good for you being OP the last few days!!! We are going to do this!!! To God be the glory!!! I do look forward to Friday to see just what the old iron demons will say. Cause, I know I've been GOOD!!!

Wilma~ That WAS SERIOUS, running out of coffee!!! :faint: Whew! Talk about stressful!!! Just take a real deep cleansing breath and talk to God about all your stresses and ask HIM to help you and guide you through it all. Knowing that HE will be there for you will help some of that stress just evaporate. You finished the quilt!!! Yay!!! Those curtains sound beautiful!!

Where are all you MIA? ZOE~ JOANNE~ TEAKI~ MICHELE~ CLAUDETTE~ EVERYONE ELSE???????

PLEEEEZZZ post when you can. We miss you!!! HAVE a GREAT day!!!!! Talk atcha later. :wave:

Mitchypoo
03-06-2003, 05:59 PM
I could have sworn I posted this a.m.? But hi to all. Have to get going, have a ministry training tonight and i'm really not looking forward to it. Bad attitude, huh? :( I'm working on it, but it's been a rough week for me getting use to work and school and church and life......ok, i'm going anyway and i will have a good attitude because I'm doing it for the Lord! :)

More later...........tomorrow is my birthday!............

mrshummer
03-06-2003, 11:44 PM
:balloons:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELE !!!!!:balloons:

:hb: :balloons: :hat: :hb: :balloons: :hat: :hb:

mrshummer
03-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Good Friday Morning to EVERYONE!!!!:wave:

Well, I have tried very hard this week to lose and I have. My scales are only showing a loss of ONE lb but I know I've been on plan and doing well and also know that I have extra fluid on my body. So, I'm happy with my reading this morning. I wasn't able to get my lasix refilled at the drug store yesterday, so I missed it last night and can barely type this morning. But, I'll get it today and probably lose another few lbs. :D :cp: :cb:

Michele~ Looks like you and I are all alone here. Maybe the others will come back and post too. LOL Well, I hope your day is GREAT!!!!! ;)

Hope everyone has a good day and stays OP!!! I'm bottling some of our wonderful sunshine and sending you up north a little at a time. :flow1: :flow2: Hope you enjoy. I know we are. :D

wilma12
03-07-2003, 08:41 AM
:gift: :queen: :balloons: :hat: :hb: Happy Birthday Michelle! I wish you all the best in the coming year.

mrshummer: This is weigh in day for you isn't it? Let us know how you did!!

doitforme: We also got a wack of snow. I don't think we're getting spring this year!! It's also still really cold here with no end in sight.

I had another great day yesterday. I found another outage and balanced for the second day in a row. Sometimes I think attitude has a lot to do with how we do our jobs. When I was feeling low I couldn't balance at all and now I've been able to. I have a great supervisor who keeps telling me what a great job I'm doing so that really helps. I think that's also true in our weight loss journey. If I have someone tell me I look great it keeps me going.
That's what I love about you all. I can come here and rant and still be accepted. I can come here with my successes and you cheer with me. I love you guys!!

Have a great day!!

wilma12
03-07-2003, 08:43 AM
mrshummer: We posted at exactly the same time. I saw your new one when mine was added. Way to go on the loss. You're doing awesome. Send some of that sunshine all the way to Canada!

doitforme
03-07-2003, 09:04 AM
I got my shades on the sun has arrived it is suppose to reach 40 tom. It is 10 above here, so at least its suppose to be arriving tom. which is great. Happy birthday michelle, may God bless you abundantly. Mrs hummer- congratulations you stuck to it and did good, and with the lasix will probably be better. Wilma glad to hear your doing better, the positive attitute comes shinning through. Sorry this is quick but gotta run par for the course. But wanted to pop in and say Hi! God bless everyone else. Love Sue

Gutchie
03-07-2003, 04:04 PM
I hope everyone is well?
Welcome newcomers!

The babies are doing well. Will & Grace be their names.
We made the trip to the vets this week, both are needled, di-horned, and Will is now neutered. We had hopes of selling the darlings but, having been forced to "bottle feed", they are now too close. The herd of pets grows, to now 4 goats.
:dizzy: I wish you could see them, they are so cute, but then mom here, favours:D

I was out this afternoon to the local World Day of Prayer service.
With the World situation as it is these days, Prayer is indeed the Word!

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Snow is in the forecast for Southern Ontario tonight.
We have a blanket of fresh snow already this week leaving all the snowmobile folks smiling:)

God Bless!

Sister Joanne
P.S. The weigh in this week was cancelled due to snow, I sure hope I'm staying on track. My scales are terrible! Wish me Luck.

r-len
03-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Hello ladies!!! My name is Arlyn and I'm a full time arts student attending the Art INstitute of Philadelphia. I have about 200 lbs to lose. I'm at 360 and will be joining Weight Watchers this week. I wanted to join this thread because this is a battle I can't win without Christ. How is everyone doing?
Happy Birthday Michelle! :gift:

EZMONEY
03-07-2003, 07:50 PM
that HEY EVERYONE IT IS FRIDAY~~~ YIPEE!!!

I have had a really busy week and am looking forward to the time off work. I have been getting up at 4 a.m. all week ( I do this often for work) however, I have not had to do it for 4 months-- it has really drained me-- of course I could go to bed before 11 p.m. I guess!!

Just wanted to share something real quick ladies~~ HOPE!!! ;) I have been reading my current issue of Guideposts magazine, a christian one in case you are not familar with it. Anyway, there is a story of a lady~~JUST LIKE YOU GALS!! that has lost alot of weight since November of 1999. She used to be 5 foot 6 inches and weighed 396 pounds~~ she has lost 231 pounds through prayer, support, and eating 3 meals a day with no snacking, she also cut the size of her meals down. It can be done!! She exercises twice a week now, but before she couldn't do anything because she was too heavy~~~ KEEP UP THE HOPE!!! YOUR DAYS WILL COME!!!! I love you guys:)

My daughter had a tennis match yesterday against a very large school from the east coast-- she did really well and won!! It was quite an upset for her!! She played up to her best for a change!! I am always proud of her but sometimes I get so upset (I don't let her see it) because she gets so scared of her opponet that she fails to play HER game. She has a way of LOWERING herself to their ability then getting upset and nervous-- then a loss! when she knows she is a better player. Her brother on the other hand thrives on the competition-- she melts. She has another match Saturday against a school she lost to and should have won-- we shall see if she has figured it out or just got lucky!! Anyway it goes I am still her number 1 fan!!

ARLYN Welcome to our neighborhood. I am glad you found us-- I am the only male at the present, however there are alot of great ladies here to help you through!!What kind of art do you do?

JOANNE Glad to see you have added to the family. I am with you in the prayers for our countries-- I also back our president-- it is a sad state of affairs in our world.

SUE Hope you are out there partying like crazy girl with all that warm 40 degree (brrr) weather!! I think this will be a great spring for you!! I am predicting a new romance for you because quite frankly girl YOU DESERVE IT!!! from all your hard work and stress with your pastor this last year.

WILMA HELLO~~ of course your supervisor thinks you are great---WE DO TOO!! Oh and if it keeps you going I will tell you that you look GREAT ;) :spin: :flow2: :dancer: :goodvibes :yes: :dance: :cp: EVERY DAY!!! And I mean it:)

SHERRY Hey you~~ a 1 pound loss = NO GAIN~~ no matter how you look at it. I am so glad you are enjoying the sunshine and your birthday girl!! Spring is just around the corner and I bet you can't wait to pass some of that sun along to Sue for me:lol:

MICHELE :hb: :gift: Congratulations!!With all the school~work~church~and bible study you have been doing I hope that you had a great day because you certainly deserve it!! I hope you got all that you asked for and then some!!

SAMI :cp: Way to go girl with the doctors~~ Stand up for yourself!! Find out what you can and don't give up~~ you can only take so much before there is a need to, as I like to call it~~EXPRESS YOURSELF "LOUDLY ENOUGH" TO BE HEARD!!! My family just hates it when I do-- but guess what? I feel A whole Lot better!!!

Well ladies I have got to figure something out for dinner since my wife is, although much better, still sick. Maybe she just likes my cooking better, I dunno, either way I am cooking!! SHE OWNS ME!!

IN HIS NAME~~ Gary

Mitchypoo
03-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Hi all,

Thank you to all of you for the birthday wishes! Wow, i'm so touched. I'm a newbie to this group but you have all made me feel like part of the family! :grouphug: I have had a very nice birthday, i slept in, didn't get dressed until about noon! :smug: , went and did my workout (oh, and i got the pt job at the gym too, found out while I was there! :) ), ran some errands, got very nice cards and ecards from friends and family, opened my presents from my very generous parents and brother, went to dinner with my two girl cousins and their daughters at the golf-club restaurant which was yummy! I had a glass of wine with dinner but was good about what I ate, had a fabulous blackened chicken salad. Then we went to church to set up for tomorrow's all day conference. It has been a great day in all! So thank you to my dear friends!

Arlyn, glad you found us, welcome to the group. , you already are so up and you can hear your great attitude. Happy to have you here.

Sorry i'm not individually posting, have to get off here, my dear sweet mother will be calling soon.......

Bucer
03-08-2003, 04:57 AM
Hi all,
does anyone know where I can download a weight loss graph/chart which I can fill in on a daily (not weekly) basis and which works with kilogramms as I am in Germany and haven't a clue about pounds.
Blessings
Bucer

Mitchypoo
03-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Bucer,

There is a website where you can track your weight, weight goals, food, journal, exercise etc. You log on and it's your own private area but you don't download it onto your computer. It's at www.fitday.com. It's free, check it out. :)

Zoe
03-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Good Saturday Morning Friends!

Just thought I'd check in for a moment. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling blessed. I will be leaving for my Weight Watcher's meeting around 9am so keep your fingers crossed. I have been really slacking off a little lately. I mean, I need to really pray about it now.....after going from a size 16 or 18 to some 12's, some 10's, I feel so great that I tend to think I can eat things (or more of them) than I really should. I need to focus on the fact that the "diet isn't 'over' now"....it's a lifestyly I've adapted. <sigh>

Well, I just wanted to say hello so y'all didn't think I've disappeared on ya. I have been either busy or getting lost around here lately. OK, a question: Can we leave our threads to be longer before we abandon them? We seem to start a new one so quickly and I tend to get lost. :dizzy: I think the reason that I (and maybe some others, I don't know) do not post for awhile is that I tend to wait for the email notices and when they don't come, it ends up to be because that thread isn't being used anymore and I'm not linked to the new one. I would love for us to leave it go longer so that we (ok, *I*) can stick around longer. :lol: Any comments? So in my selfish way, I just wonder if we can do that.....:)

Have a great weekend.

In Christ,
Zoe <><

doitforme
03-08-2003, 09:44 AM
I just did a long post and this stupid thing told me I wasn"t logged in, then lost it all! Can't stand it. Now where was I
Gutchie- new babies, your family is getting big, and they sound like they are doing well. Sorry about not being able to weigh in that is a bummer, but next week will show a bigger loss. Stay positive girl and lkeep posting! Miss ya when ya dissappear. Arlyn- Glad to meet you, and hope ya hang around and let us get to know ya. Post aften, let us know how your doing and what your up to. E.Z. What a sweetie, always got something nice to say. You would brighten any day, thanks so much for the sun, and it actually is above freezing almost t-shirt weather. I hope your predictions come true, If I can be so bold, I would prefer tall, dark hair, same faith- with Christ first! You know not hard to please ha ha ha, on a more serious note pastor leaves for Dartmouth tom. evening He has an early apt. Monday morning where they let him know what the catscans, and MRI show. So, please keep him in your prayers. His name again is Robert Herrmann. When this all started back in Aprilish of last year. He was given 7 months. Through God's Grace to look at him He still appears healthy. He is an awesome God!

doitforme
03-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Didn't think I was done did ya, just had to go get my shades the sun is so bright. Now that Mrs. Hummer sent it North hope all is well with you! Haven't heard from ya in a bit. Just wanted to check in say Hi!
Bucer -Hi there- Hi to all others out and about wilma, Sami , claudette, teaki, ect .! ect.!
Mitchy - Sounds like you had an awesome b-day, and a yummy dinner. Congrats on the new job, that is awesome. Zoe- Hi glad to hear from ya!. Let us know how you made out at W/I. Your an inspiration, making it down to goal. Well gotta run. I W/I this morning couldn't wait to peak. I lost 2 lbs this week making my total 15lbs since 2/13 I think it was. Have a great day!

Bucer
03-08-2003, 10:04 AM
Thanks Michèle,
that looks promising
Bucer

EZMONEY
03-08-2003, 09:53 PM
HAPPY WEEK-END LADIES---

Well I just finished a couble of bowls of my wife's tortilla soup-- chicken, onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, a little taco seasoning-- and ya got soup-- topped off with some cilantro and fried corn tortilla strips-- YUMMY!! and not too bad for you at all. Oh yea-- before I pat myself on the back--I also had several cheese quesadillas.

The DD did fairly well today-- 8-0 in her doubles match but then she had a tough singles and lost 6-0 and 6-1-- she should have done much better in the match although I believe at her best the other gal would probably have won anyway. Her coach wasn't too upset because the team had already won the match by then. They have moved up to #3 in the nation in their small college division.

Then my daughter came home for her week of spring break-- did I say came home? HAHAHAHAHA-- she leaves in the morning with her boyfriend's family for the mountains and snowboarding-- comes home for 2 days and then goes to the desert with HER BOYFRIEND'S (ARGGGHH) family for dune buggy and motorcycling! for the rest of her break... guess if I want to see her I have to become a part of her boyfriend's family:lol: And to top it off she was supposed to have dinner with me tonight --- BUT-- her mom didn't read the tennis schedule right and missed her match-- so guess what? she is sad and now she gets to see her ARGGGGHHH Why do I have to be so forgiving and not raise a stink... OH YEAH-- I remember when I was 19-- all I wanted to do was be with my girlfriend!!!!!

Thank goodness I have you gals if my wife isn't talking to me or my step-D... at least there is always my son.. if he isn't off coaching track, like he was today... bad day for him.. his #1 boy jumper seperated his ligament and his #1 girl jumper failed to attempt anything higher than she has done previously..just chickened out.

EZMONEY
03-08-2003, 10:07 PM
DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE POST--

Guess I shouldn't say chickened out-- with kids and all-- sorry.

BUCER My wife did the Fit-day thing for awhile-- she really liked it.

SUE Hey girl you look AWESOME in those cheap sunglasses:cool: Congrats on the weight loss-- you can keep it up with all that energy you got. Wait until the weather warms up and you can really take off on your camping (take alot of walks this year when you go).

ZOE-- Great to see that you are realizing it is a whole lifestyle change for good-- not just a diet-- it is certainly easy to fall back and take it easy.. no problem for you!!! just get back on track...

MICHELE Sounds like you had a great birthday girl!!! You sure did deserve it--- sounds like you have a real nice family too.. you are so fortunate.. my family is great also, but over the years with kids and all we drift a little apart due to time constraints more than anything--- so much to do so little time... Hey I think I have heard that before:lol:

Well hi to SAMI--JOANNE--SHERRY WILMA-- R-LEN--CLAUDETTE--SEATTLE SUE--CLAUDETTE--TEAKI--ANYONE

See you all at church tomorrow-- Jesus LIVES, Gary

wilma12
03-09-2003, 10:45 AM
I've been goofing off with my eating lately - actually since we made the big move. I eat really well at lunch and then blow it in the evenings. So, today I weighed myself so that I can be accountable to you! I weighed in at 170 lbs. which is 3 lbs more than what I was before we moved. Not bad considering the way I've been eating. Now, I'm off to a new start - doing my exercises each morning and planning proper meals for after work - especially those late days. I know it can be done and with your support I can do it!

Gary: I hear you on the kids coming home! Mine do the same thing. They pop in to do laundry and eat and then they're off again. I guess we should be glad they have friends!!

doitforme: 2 lbs. Way to go! Keep up the great work!

Zoe: I know exactly what you're talking about! It's so easy to get back into the old way of eating. Just remember that your new body is the result of a new lifestyle and it's working!! Note to self: Take my own advice!!

Michele and Bucer: I also use Fitday.com on occasion. I found it really helpful for seeing where I'm taking in too many calories. I should get back into the habit of using it again.

I'm not going to church this a.m. DH is on his way home and we're meeting friends for lunch from our old home. So, today it's church on TV. I hope you all have a great relaxing day.

EZMONEY
03-09-2003, 12:32 PM
HAPPY SUNDAY LADIES-- ;)

Just got home from church-- the sermon was on temptation, how satan tempts us-- I thought of our struggles with eating healthy, etc. How wonderfull it is that through Christ we can overcome any temptation!!!!!

WILMA-- The KEY!!!!! word in your post--((((((PLANNING))))) proper meals. I know when I take the time to plan the menu for the week-- do the shopping for the nights I cook, and prepare in advance things I can in case I am running late-- HELLO!! -- we eat much more healthy. Why is it that the junk is the easiest to make? SATAN? :lol:

Well got chores to do... will check in later.. have a great day!

IN HIS LOVE- Gary

sami
03-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Hello I am back from my Trip! And Guess what the snow followed us to WI! WI has had a mild winter and we go down there and we get 3 in the first night and the next day it was like a blizzard! It made travel home scary. We had two teams my DD team lost two games and won 1. The teams they lost to had some tall boys and it is hard play against them with such size diffrence. And the younger team won the championship! I didn't eat bad but the long car ride makes me swell so I will wait until next sunday and WI.
ARLYN- A big welcome! I hope you post often. What kind of art do you do?
EZ-It is hard to not say something when you know your kids can do better! My DD needs to be more aggressive when she plays.
Zoe-You have come so far and you are right it has to be a life style change.
Michele-a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love blacken chichen salad to.
Gutchie-How is Will and Grace doing? I am so tired of all the snow also. (and the snow seems to follow me LOL)
Wilma-I am so glad you are feeling better. Tell DH to take the Ice cream with him LOL.
Sue-Let us know about your pastor.
Bucer-Praying thing are going well with you.
Sherry-I know what you mean about swelling. When I spend a long time in the car it makes my ankles swell. 1LB is better than gainning.
Praying that everyone has an OP day.
Sami

mrshummer
03-09-2003, 01:03 PM
Hello to all CEers!!!!!!:wave:

I wanted to tell you that yesterday when I weighed AFTER the lasix, I was down 2 1/2 more lbs than what I told you Friday, after I got the fluid off. That's MUCH more better . . . . . for a total of 3 1/2 lbs!!!! YAY!!!! :cb: :flow2: :dancer: Well, I can tell you that it made ME HAPPY!!!

I stayed busy yesterday, I had several patients to see and then I spring cleaned a room and part of another and wore out! It doesn't take much any more. But it looks so much better. Since my dd, Kelli, isn't going to be here all next week (spring break and she's working full time) I decided I better not wait on her for help. It might be a LONG wait. LOL. One of Kelli's friends is staying with us this weekend and it's kinda weird, since Kelli is gone and we still have a dd of sorts. :lol: But she's a GREAT kid!!! She played Barbies with my 6 yr old dd yesterday for nearly TWO hours!!! It was good!

I'm really tired :tired: this morning from all the housecleaning I did and I have quite a bit of fluid on me again. Even the coffee isn't waking me up. My hands are so swollen, I can hardly type. So, I have already taken my lasix. I made the mistake last night of eating a LITTLE rotel dip and chips. :cbg: And I'm paying for it today! I know better!!

I'm going to send this and start over cause I lost a REALLY LONG one earlier and had to start over. :s:

mrshummer
03-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Sami~ Glad you got back home safely in all the snow. I totally understand about that swelling! It's always good to drink only water on a trip and stop and walk around a few minutes at least every hour. But sometimes, it's hard for that to happen, and I seem to swell whether I do that or not. :spins:

Gary~ Temptation huh? Well, that's a MAJOR sermon, which we all would have benefitted from hearing.
Yes, the OLD :devil: tries to influence us about how we feel, how we look, everything to make us doubt ourselves. I'm talking to myself as much as anyone else here. We HAVE to put on the WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD EVERYDAY before we get going into our day!!!!! I need to allot more time for this myself. I am finding my mornings are running crazy and I end up not having enough time for everything. I have to start getting up a earlier. FRIED tortilla strips!?!? What WERE you thinking? :lol: Just kidding!

Wilma~ We ALL have to get back on track!! Come on with me and let's get serious about this and not let the old :devil: influence our eating and the way we feel about ourselves, NO MORE!!!

WELCOME to Arlyn!!! I hope you like it here and stay and post. It's a GREAT group!

Sue ~ Congratulations on the TWO lbs!!!! Yay!!! I would say let's party :hat: but that normally involves eating so maybe we will just dance. :dance: Will say a little prayer for your preacher, Bro. Herrmann.

Zoe~ Yes, you are right, it's a lifestyle change not a diet. I would think since the weather is getting better and better, you will be more active soon and then you will be able to stay more focused, ya know? Sorry about starting the new threads so early. I do try to always post on the old one and tell everyone to go to the new one. Sorry, it didn't work. I will just let them get longer from now on. Let us know how your WI went. K?

Bucer~ Did you go to fitday? Was it what you needed? Let me know what all they have, I may just have to check it out. ;)

Michele~ Missing you my friend. You are more busy and I don't hear from you as much. Missing you! Post when you can.

HELLO to EVERYONE missing! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Sunday afternoon. :cool: I'm enjoying the warm sunshine and the warm SONSHINE!!!! :angel:

Mitchypoo
03-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Hello CEers, (I like that term Sherry!)

Yesterday was Holy Spirit Day for Alpha, it was our all day conference and it was a truly blessed day! We have small groups and one of the men in my group shared something very personal and powerful, it made us all closer as a group, i was involved in prayer ministry (which is something i struggle with feeling inadequate), but i led our prayer team and we prayed with several ladies and it was a wonderful experience. I also was involved in the singing for our worship and I loved that too! And two of the ladies are interested in joining my bible study! I think many needs were met yesterday and it's just thrilling t
o me. But wow, was i tired after that. Came home and got in the bathtub! And we had 5 inches of new snow yesterday! I didn't sleep well during the night and didn't make it to church. It's one of those days that i don't think i'll even get dressed today. Trying to prepare for this coming week.

Have no school but lots of reading and studying to catch up on. Tomorrow i work all day and then go to train at the gym, Wednesday i have bible study, going to be a busy week.

Gary, you really crack me up sometimes. I just think it must be fun to live around you! And Oh, your wife's tortilla soup sounds divine! You just cannot get that out here I am afraid. I also want to invite myself to your house next time you have burritos, ok?

Sherry, woo hoo on the weight loss! Even better than you thought. So it was like a bonus! Please take care of yourself and take your medication as needed. And you are right, i don't seem to have as much time to post but i love to read your updates and i will get better at scheduling my time so don't give up on me.

Made my broccoli/cauliflower/bacon salad so I'm a little more prepared to take my lunch every day this week. Need to still really plan, get up a little earlier so i can have a good breakfast. That is one of my goals on another forum and for me the problem is not going thru the drive-thru so i have to really plan ahead.

I don't seem to be good at individual posts but know that i think of all of you, am so happy to hear about your triumphs and supportive for other stuff. I'll try to be better......

Claudette
03-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Hi everybody,
I am so excited. Last week at TOPS, I had lost 1 more pound and after plateuing for a week, that was very good.
Mrshummer- keep up the good work, but leave the Rotel and chips alone, (and I know just how good they are!)

Sue- congrats on your loss

Wilma- Good luck starting your plan again.

Zoe-keep up the good work.

I re- read a great book, Living The Low Carb Lifestyle, by Fran McCullogh; I have discovered that I do best on the Protein Power Diet Plan; it restricts sugar, starch, and processed foods; you are able to eat protein, non-starchy vegies, and fruits. It has you eating 21-60 carbs a day to lose weight. I should realize that since my weight gain, I can NEVER eat the way I used to if I want to keep my weight down; I have a Endocrine disoreder where I have to take Steroids for the rest of my life, and not only do they make you hungary all the time, when you do eat sugar, and /or carbohydrates, your sugar/carbohydrate craving really gets out of control. I'm glad this has hit home to me again.
Anyone, else on a low/ moderate carb restriction diet? It really is the only plan that has worked for me.
This CE site is so great. I really feel supported by other CE's going through the same tough weight loss issues.

God Bless,
Claudette

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
PHil 4:13

Mitchypoo
03-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Hi Claudette,
That book sounds interesting to me. I am doing low carb, i'm doing Suzanne Somers program called Somersizing. I have a hard time with it, especially right now but I know that it makes sense for me. The carbs are really my enemy, they just make me feel awful and I react bad to them. But I still crave them!

I may try to check the book you told us of from the library and read it. Thanks!

I also like the scripture you use in your signature. It speaks to me and if i remembered it more, maybe i could do better.

EZMONEY
03-09-2003, 10:05 PM
HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT SUNDAY ;)

My , rest of the day, was pretty easy. A little grocery shopping, a little laundry, and alot of t.v. I feel guilty now:lol:

SAMI sorry about the rough weather on your trip. At least your daughter didn't come away without at least one win. I know what you mean about being more aggressive-- that is sooo my daughters problem-- on the other hand, it is what makes her such a sweetie-pie (do 'ya think God knows what He's doing with them?):o I hope the week is easy for you in the wedding planning dept!!

SHERRY-- So your daughter will be working and not around much for spring break huh/ get used to it!! just ask the other gals-- once your kids get boy/girl friends/jobs---WE ARE CHOPPED LIVER (in the spending time department) :lol: Glad to see you lost a few-- good for you, I know it has been tough the last couple of weeks for you. Oh yea, as far as the fried tortilla strips, it's just like little decorations on top, something crunchy in the soup-- actually 1 tortilla covers about 4 bowls of soup-- so I am o.k. ( o.k. I'm not-- however it still wasn't too much fried food;) )

MICHELE Hey girl you can come over to my house anytime for supper-- actually for Monday night I have already bought the stuff for cheese enchiladas-- shall I put on a couple more? it is no problem..I know that you know the area I live in, just a few hundred south from your folks if I remember correctly. You sure have had an eventfull week with all your "things to do"I like that!!

CLAUDETTE I hope you find the right course for you in the books you are reading. I like your scripture too--- it is the one my son had (my daughters is different) on his letterman jacket when he was in high school-- a public high school-- he was always having people ask him about it!!

Well the wife made tri-tip on the bar-b-q tonight, with rolls, asparagus and sweet-potatoes-- yummy for me--easy for her-- a good deal for all.

See ya later--HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wilma12
03-10-2003, 08:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

It's a clear, sunny day here in Manitoba but its still CCOOOLLDD!!
It's supposed to warming up by the weekend. I'll look forward to it. Tonight we're going to get groceries and I'm going to stock up on chicken breasts and veggies. It's the easiest thing to prepare after work and it doesn't take long. Today I'm putting pork chops in the slow cooker with barbeque sauce. We'll see how it turns out!

Gary: My oldest son has a weight problem and he is trying to work on it. He asked me yesterday why all the fattening stuff tastes so good! I totally identify with him. I told him that he can still eat it but in moderation. I pray he's successful.
The temptation to eat that kind of food is really strong.

Sami: I think the weather is really wierd everywhere. Even the mild areas of Canada are being hit with snow and cold weather. I just hope spring comes soon.

mrshummer: WTG on that extra weight loss. That's gotta feel great. I sure hope I can tell you the same thing next Sunday!! Keep it up!

Michele: It sounds like you had an awesome day. We need to be fed spiritually more than physically! It also sounds like you're prepared for your week by doing that planning Gary was talking about.

Claudette: WTG on the 1 lb. loss. Doesn't it feel great??

Well, gotta go get ready for work and get those chop in the cooker. Have a super on program day!!

doitforme
03-10-2003, 10:06 AM
I got caught up on the reading and then tried to post ot wouldn't let me again. Now I have to run to work but will post later, maybe I will have some good news about pastor by then. Congrats to all the loosers out there! Way to go! post again later, have an awesome day! P.S. Gary your sunshine is here still, I have no intentions of sending it back for a while yet, its suppose to get to 45 today yeah!!! See ya later!

sami
03-11-2003, 06:54 AM
Blessing this morning! I have to be quick because I am heading out for work. I am really tired! This is the week when my night meds double and I am having trouble waking up! Looks like everyone is doing well and EZ I am hungry after reading your post! Wilma I think you are right about the weather we have had very mild winter for the past the 5 yrs. The long winter kills us because we are total electric and this year with the colder than normal temps is costing us a bundle! And then you add the fact that gas is 179 a gallon it is killing me! How much is gas in you area everyone? I have heard Indiana is the highest. Sherry your DD name is spelled like my Kelli's! All my girls end in I. (Great minds think alike)

Praying that you have an OP day. I will try to post more latter but it a war with dd to get a turn,
Sami

Mitchypoo
03-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Gas was $1.59 last time I looked but I've seen it up to 1.79 the week before that. My poor mother in CA has paid $2.19 a gallon. She said they are talking on the news about summer and winter gas? She thinks it's a bunch of hooey. :)

mrshummer
03-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!!:wave:

How are you all this morning? I'm doing pretty well, did have a very stressful day yesterday with patients, dd, and friends. I did eat a few girl scout cookies but managed to limit it and feel good that I didn't eat the whole package. :lol: We went over to some friends' house last night and had supper. And even though she doesn't cook lowfat, I ate small portion. It's amazing when I'm really trying I can eat very small amounts and be full at the end of the meal. Too bad I don't "listen" all the time.

Michele~ I hope you have rested by now and that the weather is improving. Gas here is staying about $1.59 but I've heard other parts of the country aren't that low. I pray it doesn't go much higher. I may have to bring out the horse and buggy. :lol: Or even cheaper, begin walking. :yikes:

Sami~ Yes, the high gas prices are effecting us all. I named my dd Kelli with an i so she wouldn't be thought to be a boy and the little dd is Kaci. I spelled her name that way to instead of Casey, to prevent the same problem. It didn't work, people still get there names mixed up. Most folks spell Kelli's name Kelley. Hope you have gotten some rest. My heart goes out to you with the meds and trying to work hard, and feeling like you're drugged. I totally understand. But hand in there. My prayers are with you. Come here for a little strength but look up for the REAL strength. But we are always here for you.

Sue~ Sorry you are having trouble posting. It does that to me every now and then. Mostly, I just spend 30 minutes composing a post only to be lost to cyberland forever! :dizzy:

Wilma~ Yeah, I really like the chicken and veggies!! If it wasn't for the "other" members of my family I would probably eat that all the time. My dh tolerates chicken about 2xweek, but I have gotten him so he eats baked breaded catfish that tastes kinda fried but is much much healthier. That will be what we are having tonight. Of course, my oldest dh is allergic to it. So, it sometimes, gets crazy. Hope you warm up soon.

Gary~ Yes, I know I need to get used to my dh being gone. It's very hard for me, cause I am very family oriented and like to have my family here at home with me. :( Unlike most women, I love having my dh here and after a long day, just being near him can take ease some of my stresses for the day. I hope your wife feels the same way about you, Gary.

Claudette~ Congratulations on the loss!!!! You go girl!!!

Well, I best, get a move on. I have to go see a few patients today. And I'm going to go pickup my oldest dd and she is coming home till Wednesday evening when she has to go back to work. But she's off today. :D So . . . . . . . .mom and little dd and dad too miss her. Ya'll have a GREAT OP day!!!!!

wilma12
03-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Up here in Canada gas prices are ridiculous. We pay 80.9 a litre which would come to approx. 3.22 a gallon.

I had a good day yesterday with the exception of a small piece of cake and a revel. (I've been doing worse.) I guess I need to give up sugar again if I want to see this weight gone. If I keep myself busy I don't eat so I need to find another project now that the quilt is finished.

I better get going to work. It promises to be a great day!

Have a wonderful day!

doitforme
03-11-2003, 09:06 AM
I am such a happy girl today! God is so good!!! Pastor's tests all came back negitive for further melanoma. He is going to start injections of some type of chemotherapy. If again insurance approves it. He has been released from Dartmouth to Glens falls for follow up at least at this point. This is never heard of, He is in stage 4 metastatic melanoma. You just don't normally survive. His own Dr. at Dartmouth. never expected this. So please continue keeping him in your prayers. Thanks so much!!
I have an opportunity to go on vacation for the rest of the week to Lee Mass. to a friend's condo and it won't cost anything so me and 3 other friends are leaving this afternoon. So, I gotta go pack, but wanted to let you guys know how Pastor made out, as it was such a big answer to prayer. I discovered a wonderful answer to any one who craves choc. that cares to know Russell Stover puts out a sugar-free choc. you can have 5 nuggets for 190 cal. so one is only about 40 cal. not to bad and tastes like a real choc. bar. I pray you all have an awesome week. I will e-mail you all on Monday. See ya! P.S. Gas about $1.80 a gal.

Mitchypoo
03-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Sue, that is wonderful news about your Pastor. Praise God!

How nice for you to be able to spend time with your friends and take a vacation. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Wilma, what is a revel?

EZMONEY
03-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Hi Ladies, I tried to post a long one an hour ago--HOWEVER--ARGHHHH--I hit the space bar and somehow lost it!!

WILMA-- I know the fast food situation with your son by heart-- after my divorce, taking my kids to their sports, dance, scouts, church, etc. and working--I found fast food to be quite a comfort and habit forming. I didn't plan ahead like I could have. I really didn't know how bad it was for you-- plus at the time I was 35 yrs. old, and 6' 155 pounds-- so calories wasn't a problem. My metabolism certainly changed in the next few years and I "BLOSSOMED" to 165 then after my marraige I "BALLOONED" to 198-- however, through exercise and diet I got back down to163-- then I worked up to 173-- which is where I seem to be stuck for the present anyway.

Gotta go eat-- wife calling-- will return later, Gary

EZMONEY
03-11-2003, 10:31 PM
DINNER OVER Had chicken breasts with teriaki, brown rice and peas in the pods with sour dough rolls.

Wilma, great with the chicken breasts and veggies.

SUE I am glad you finally have sunshine. I am happy you get a little vacation but will miss your posting. I am so glad your pastor is doing well at the present. There is a gentleman that has been on our prayer list at church for 8 years, he is not a member and I don't know him personally, however he is a dear friend of friends of mine--Anyway, 8 years ago he was diagnosed with a rare form of stomach cancer-- he was given months to live-- he was put on our prayer list by my friends and we have prayed every week for him-- he is now cancer free and the city of Hope is giving him some type of achievement award for his hard work to try and bring knowledge and funding to the disease-- Praise God.

SAMI I am sorry you are so tired. Maybe when the weather warms up to spring for you it will be easier. You have so much to look forward to this summer with the wedding and all-- I know it will be a great spring and summer for you-- I promise!!!;)

SHERRY Our house has purchased over 12 boxes of girl scout cookies so far-- 2 for me yesterday-- I have not had one-- I am not a sweet eater generally.I thought it was your DD that was going to be gone over the spring break working-- I didn't realize it was your husband-- of course my wife wants me around--WHO ELSE WOULD SHE YELL AT? :lol: --Just kidding-- she really loves me~right?.... Oh well, she's stuck!!!

MICHELE What is going on girl? Are you slowing down?

ZOE How are you?

GAS IN CALIFORNIA IS COSTING ME $2.19 a gallon-- I am not too far from Michele's parents-- WILMA wins-- sorry SAMI-- you guys are not even close!!

SEE YA TOMORROW-- Love Gary

VISITING WITH MY DAUGHTER (boyfriend must be busy:lol: )

IN CHRIST------

wilma12
03-11-2003, 11:46 PM
DH went to bed early. He has to leave at 4:00 a.m. I thought I would come and chat for a couple of minutes.

The weather is warming up. There is hope that spring is coming.

Tonight's menu was Sweet and Sour meatballs, rice and corn. I also had a revel again. (They're almost gone!) Michele: Revels are (don't listen Gary!!) are small bars of ice cream on a stick with a thin layer of chocolate coating. I love the chocolate on them and this being my special week I'm craving it.

Sue: I'm so happy for your pastor. What an answer to prayer!!!

I see I'm the winner of the gas prices. This is one I wouldn't have wanted to win. It costs so much up here to run a vehicle. You have to start your vehicle and let it run a while before you can drive in in cold weather and that eats up more of the liquid gold. We have always envied our neighbours to the south their gas prices and it sounds like its even less expensive the farther south you go.

Good night!!

sami
03-12-2003, 07:29 AM
Blessing this morning! I just have a few minutes. I am so happy to see that God has heard our prayers Sue and your Pastor is doing so well! If you remember the person I told you about who has cancer of the heart they only gave him a couple of weeks at the most. That was in Oct and he is still hanging in there. He was at church Two weeks ago and looks pretty bad but everyday is a blessing. Wow Wilma over 3.00 for gas. I pray that our country can resolve this. Before 9-11 I could find gas for .96! Please keep my DD's in your prayers. They fight all the time. The bigest problem is both are hard headed and it is there way or no way!
I got to run!
Have an OP day!
Sami

mrshummer
03-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!:wave:

I hope this finds each and every one of you feeling well and eating OP. It's going to be a glorious spring day here in Texas today. We are suppose to hit the high in the 80's :flow2: with sun this morning and showers this afternoon. Wow!!! Since we are having so much warmth and sun, I'm sending you ladies up north a little extra sunshine and warmth. :genie:

I have been doing super on the WOE. Last night we had baked breaded fish and chicken, sweet potatoes, okra, peaches and peaches, etc.. Yes GARY I meant dd NOT dh when I was talking about getting used to her being gone. :dizzy: But I was talking about I just feel better totally when my dh is home with me. I went and got Kelli yesterday and we spent the day together. We went to Walmart and she had her nails redone and she bought her a few more pants for work or school. It is great to have her home! :D I have to take her back Thursday.

Well, sorry, I don't have time this morning to address everyone individually. Sue We are praising God for answered prayers though!!!!

Hope EVERYONE has a WONDERFUL day and remains focused on [b]what God wants us to do and eat. :strong: Talk atcha later!!

Misti in Seattle
03-13-2003, 03:12 AM
Just thought I would post this... in case anyone is interested. The church I used to attend... Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale... has a GREAT Bible study series which can be listened to for free on the church's website -- called "Slaying the Goliaths in Your Life." This has been tremendously helpful to me in dealing with issues of proper eating, etc. You can find it at

http://www.calvaryftl.org/topical/index.cfm

-- scroll down close to the bottom of the page.

Sue

mrshummer
03-13-2003, 08:41 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!:wave:

How is everyone this glorious day which the Lord has given us?
I am feeling ok but just staying very busy. I don't work today but have to go to an out of town Dr's appt with one of my patients. (As a friend to the family, not as his nurse) The son wants me to go so he can find out what the Dr says about 4 weeks of testing done on this man. He knows that they won't remember by the time they get back to town and talk with him. He lives out of town. LOL They have lots of senior moments. (forgetfulness)

My dh is still home but has to go back to work this afternoon. :( I miss her so much when she's gone. Everyone talks about how bad their teenagers are, mine isn't that bad. She has her moments but normally I truly enjoy her company.

dance4joy~ Thanks for the website, I will have to check it out. Lord knows, I need lots of help in that area.

Where is EVERYONE??? :shrug:
HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!?!?!?!?!!:twirly:

Well, Just wanted to check in. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!

Mitchypoo
03-13-2003, 06:23 PM
She's alive........... :fr:

Gosh, it's been a busy week and I'm still getting used to working all week. Tomorrow I work at the gym from 6 a.m. to 5:30, by myself. :strong:

I haven't had a good food week and right about now, I don't seem to care. :?: Sorry for the bad attitude.

We had bible study last night and it went very well again. We seem to have fun but concentrate on our study. I still can't get them to commit to once a week. They want every 2 or 3 weeks. Whatever they want is fine with me, but I'll keep trying. I think it would be a gift to ourselves to study God's word weekly.

What's for dinner Gary? ;)

EZMONEY
03-13-2003, 10:41 PM
HI LADIES--- How are all of you today? Things fairly smooth here at the moment.

WILMA Boy those sweet and sour meatballs sound good! What in the heck is this with the Revels? ARGHHHHHHHH-- don't you know those of us over 40 cannot eat that stuff anymore?:lol: We might as well just stick it to our sides;)

SAMI I have been wanting to ask--- how much is the age difference between the girls? Is there any resentment with the one being left behind when the other gets married? Does the younger feel like her sister is abandoning her? Just curious. I will be praying for them.

SHERRY So it is in the 80's there huh? Good. It is still nice weather here but we expect alot of rain this week-end so look out about next Tuesday!! it probably will be headed that way. I love spending time with my kids too-- infact both of them were here tonight in between my son's coaching his old high school track team and tutoring a 7th grade boy for a college class he is taking-- my daughter is here in between seeing her 2 grandmas.

MICHELE Hi dear-- for dinner tonight it was easy-- mine to cook-- I call it mock tacos-- hamburger, onion, lettuce, tomatoe, cheese over fritos (gotta be fritos!!) with salsa , sour cream, etc. Not quite the taco salad. My wife makes that with the above and tortilla chips butt she also adds garbazo and black beans.
WOW-- an 11+ hour day at the gym--any chance of down time and a chance for you to work out? As far as the bible study-- anytime is good-- look at it this way-- it frees you up to do more study on your own-- another way for God to direct your life--

Well checkin out for now--Hi to everyone else-- thanks for the website danceforjoy SUE

IN CHRIST-Gary:cool:

wilma12
03-14-2003, 08:45 AM
I am feeling really good about my eating yesterday. I DID NOT HAVE ICE CREAM!!!! I worked until 6 so I made sure I had leftovers in the fridge to just heat up. I cooked a head of broccoli and had leftover meatballs and rice. YUM!! I decided that if I want to lick (pardon the pun) this ice cream habit I need a substitute because the cravings are so strong. I bought myself some low fat frozen yogurt (black cherry) at 100 cals per 1/2 cup and had a bit last night. It's amazing how much better you feel about yourself when you eat right.

Today is going to be a busy day. It's payday and middle of the month which means it's going to be nuts at work. Please pray for me!!

michelle: As you can see I've had a bad attitude to food for a couple of months now. I haven't gained a lot of weight but thats because I've been busy physically. Know that we are here for you to vent. It makes you feel so much better!

Gary: Thanks for the over 40 reminder!! My head knows what I should be eating but sometimes my cravings take over. Hopefully I'm off to a new start now.

mrshummer: I know exactly how you feel about your children. We have a great relationship with ours too and we miss them when they're not here. Both of mine are moving home for the summer and are looking for summer jobs. Please pray that they find one. Education is so expensive.

Sue: I want to check out that site this weekend when I have time to sit down for a while.

It's near the melting point outside and I'm looking forward to it. I'm so tired of looking at snow.

Have a great day!!

sami
03-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Blessing to all this morning! I am so glad it is Sat. I have a cold and I am going to rest some today.
EZ-Kelli is 20 and Staci is 15. Kelli is very bossy. And Staci is at the age where she not going to take it anymore! I think Kelli is a little jealous of Staci becaue Staci is too cute for her own good! (she looks just like Julia Stiles in save the last dance) Staci is the one who lives for the computer she can carry on over 10 diffrent IM at a time!
Wilma-Way to go an finding something you can sub for your craving! That is what it is all about to find a way to eat healthy and not feel like you have to give up everything to do it.
Sherry-I know what you mean about missing you DD. Even is it is crazy somethime around here I love it when we all are home together. MY dd and my SIL to be hang out here all the time. My DD says she can't stand the quite at his house! LOL. I am real proud they sign papers to build there first home on thurs. They came to us for advice and we told them what to ask and watch for and the house payment is lower than what it would cost to rent APT. (and it isn't far from us)
Michele-I know where you are comming from. I have had week like that and the last thing you want to do is care about what you eat! You need to take some time for yourself. I go tanning and it really helps my peace of mind just to do something for myself!

I know I am missing other and I SORRY. I pray thing are going well and you have an OP day!
Sami

Mitchypoo
03-15-2003, 11:20 AM
Hello CEers!:wave:,

My mother told me something last night that I've been thinking about ever since and I wanted to share it. I've had a bad food week and as stated earlier know that my attitude needs adjusting too but I got angry with a guy I use to date on the phone last night and I was telling her about it. And I'm also missing someone I'm interested in but don't get a chance to talk to him very often. She told me she tries to remember the word HALT which means if you are:

Hurt
Angry
Lonely
Tired

....that you should not be eating. Just try to deal with those feelings and then see if you are eating for the right reasons. I said......well no wonder, I happened to be all those things yesterday. I think I'll have to put that on the refrigerator, in my bible, on the bathroom mirror and pay attention to it until I feel better.

Well, I made it through my day at the gym and it was really a lot of fun, a bit long but i signed up 3 people and i worked out twice and was able to concentrate on a couple of machines. It was OK.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

EZMONEY
03-15-2003, 11:51 AM
HI LADIES :dizzy:

I am taking a break from cooking this morning. I had a craving for vegetable soup (like mom used to make:yes: ) so I went on the internet to try to find a recipe-- didn't want to wake my mom last night when I thought of it-- anyway I found one, although not all vegetable-- hamburger, carrot, onion, celery, worchester sauce, chili powder, potatoes,tomatoes, beef broth and green beans-- throw it in the crock-pot after hamburger, celery and onion are cooked for 8 hours and wala soup! Well, I had leftover (I always make things bigger) that wouldn't fit in the crock-pot so I have a pot of chili going too--- a man ALWAYS has extra stuff for chili in the house:lol: I was at the store at 6 am and the lady there gave me a hard time 'cause she usually sees me in the afternoons on my way home from work.
My wife is out for a 3 mile run, my son is coaching all day at a track meet, my daughter is in the desert with her boyfriend's family, my nephew is with his mom for the week-end, my step-D is at a soccer tournament 3 hrs. away-- Just me and you gals at the moment;)

WILMA Great job on the yogurt-- when I used to eat it I loved Cherry Garcia by Ben and Jerry-- I hope those boys have mucho success in the work dept. this summer. I know what you mean about cost of college- my son is at a state school and lives at home because he didn't want to go away to school-- he had his sporting goods job he loves and he was asked back by the coaches at his high school to assist them-- since that is what he wants as a career he thought it would be best to stay home. Fortunately he has enough scholarship money for his tuition each year-- my daughter is at a private school now-- quite pricy, however, she has tennis and academic schlorships also, so we don't have to pay much. It still adds up in a hurry with all expenses though!!

EZMONEY
03-15-2003, 12:04 PM
MICHELE I like the HALT-- thank-you. I think you can use that for more than just eating too;) i in our lives. Sorry to hear of "boy" troubles-- we are terrible creatures aren't we:lol: My step-D is ALWAYS having boy troubles-- my daughter has had only one real boyfriend in her life and as far as I am concerned he is the greatest-- I don't see how it would be possible for her to be treated any better-- she deserves it too!! Otherwise I would KILL him:devil: Keep up the good work at the gym!!

SAMI That is sad that your daughters can't get along-- I am sure they love each other very much-- sometimes personalities certainly clash-- maybe after your oldest gets married things will improve for their relationship--sometimes a little space proves wonders when we won't compromise!! on our own.My experience with my kids, and neices and nephews is that the oldest always boss the little ones-- however that usually changes as they mature.

Well it is getting ready to :rain: here for the week-end so I better head out and take care of some outside chores-- then settle in with the checkbook for bills:headache:

GO TO SERVICE THIS WEEK-END--IF YOU CAN

:wave: Gary

Mitchypoo
03-15-2003, 12:25 PM
Gary, it must feel weird with how busy your house must be all the time to find yourself home alone.......hope you enjoy the solitude. I enjoy spending time by myself and I think of my mom who is never alone, my dad is always there or my brother. I learned to enjoy it while I was married because (unfortunately at the time) my husband was gone a lot of the time (for the wrong reasons).

Your soup sounds great but I have a great WW vegetable soup recipe that is super easy and really good for you. On the WW program it is "free", you can eat as much as you want, so sounds like it should be icky but it is not. Let me know if you want the recipe. I wish I had the oomph today to make something like that, sounds yummy. :T:

Last Sat. we had 5+ inches of new snow and today it's almost all gone! It may hit 60 today! Drastic change but I'm not complaining! :dance:

Zoe
03-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Hello Friends ~

Ok, so I was complaining that the threads were being started to quickly...now it's at 6 so do you think 6 should be out cut off? Ha....am I a typical female or what?? Sorry gang......I will start a new thread now and see y'all over there...........

See ya on #168