Ideal Protein Diet - What's the best carb counting app for iphone?

twolabs
02-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Fitness pal doesn't show carbs unless you click through a million things. I don't like carrying a journal and would rather have it on my phone.

Thanks!

NavyMommy
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Are you doing IP? You don't really need to count carbs, just follow the sheet and you'll be fine.

twolabs
02-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I am doing IP, but I am not good at writing down all I eat. They also think I may be coming out of ketosis at times so I want to count too.

And I am neurotic:)

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
You must be eating crazy amounts of sugar and stuff to get kicked outta ketosis...if you are only eating what is on the sheet then you can't be getting kicked out

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
I have tap and track...but haven't really used it as I just followed the sheet. I didn't want to stress about it until I was in maintenance and learning my 'life plan'....as obviously it will be different then phase 1. Stressing about it causes a vicious cycle in me and keeps the weight on! (ugh!)

Anywho, that's what I have...:)

twolabs
02-04-2012, 07:14 PM
I also don't think I am coming out of ketosis. My coach says that all my splenda use is potentially causing it (I disagree and don't consume much- I use 2-3 water packets a day at most and 1 tablespoon of 0/0/0 syrup in coffee- I don't see how these add up to enough carbs to make a difference. But maybe I am off and need to track and see exactly how my body is responding.

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I also don't think I am coming out of ketosis. My coach says that all my splenda use is potentially causing it (I disagree and don't consume much- I use 2-3 water packets a day at most and 1 tablespoon of 0/0/0 syrup in coffee- I don't see how these add up to enough carbs to make a difference. But maybe I am off and need to track and see exactly how my body is responding.

Or you could just listen to her and stop it for a week to see if it works. I don't use that much splenda/syrup/stevia...

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 07:17 PM

Write here exactly what you eat in ONE day!.....I have 3-4packets of splenda a day and use MIO and I use Divincy's syrups....everyone responds differently so I dont' know...but list what you eat in a day here

twolabs
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Here's today-

breakfast

eggs with herbs and 1/4 c. mushroom
2 cup coffee with 1/2 tablespoon of davinci in syrup each
64 oz water

mid moring-
cup of hot tea with 1 splenda packet

lunch
lettuce with dressing (made my own- lemon juice, EVOO, vinegar, cayenne, garlic, minced onion, sea salt)
2 cup roasted cauliflower
chocolate drink

water- 32 oz with 2- 4C packets

dinner-
1.5 cup broccoli
.5 cup mushrooms
soy sauce, garlic and sea salt on top
8 oz. shrimp with 2 tblsp WF catsup and horseradish (my own cocktail sauce)

my snack tonight will be BBQ chips

some days I may have another cup of coffee after dinner with .5 tbsp of syrup and/or water with another 1-4c packet

thanks for checking this out-

twolabs
02-04-2012, 07:26 PM
also, I am digging into this too because I keep losing lean muscle- last week my almost whole loss was lean muscle (2 of the 2.2 lbs). I think I may need more protein (I weight 179 now, started at 194)

thanks!

NavyMommy
02-04-2012, 07:28 PM
How tall are you?

twolabs
02-04-2012, 07:29 PM
5'6

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 07:32 PM
how much are you looking to lose? all you are really having is 64oz of water I would go way up on that to at least 100oz of water. Eat more chicken or beef if you are needing more protein....Of course this is only my opinion

NavyMommy
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM
And what have your losses been? All I really see in there is a possible extra 1/4c mushrooms that you're not accounting for elsewhere, but I really don't think the Splenda would cause you to go out of ketosis. Have you been losing inches?

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 07:35 PM
...I just don't have that much splenda and syrup (I keep it to two of them a day)...it wouldn't/shouldn't bump you out of ketosis but it can slow you down...apparently I'm more sensitive then wuv...I think you should listen to her about the water and cut out the splenda etc just for a week as an experiment...just my opinon...

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 07:38 PM
agreed ishbel....cut the splenda down for a week

twolabs
02-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I drink way more water than that- i just noted when I used sweetner. I am having about 150-170 oz of water a day. I am in my 5th week,-7, -2.6, -3, -2.2. I want to lose at least another 30.

I havent' lost inches in 2 weeks. I actually used less splenda this past week than ever because I was using aspartene flavorings before. I did the ketostix and they say I am in ketosis.

I guess i will cut out my flavorings (that is a bummer- my coffee gets me by and going black is so hard for me with everything else)

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Your average is 3.5lbs over 4 weeks....that is outstanding!!....what is wrong with that?????

twolabs
02-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I was okay with the losses, but my coach is stressing me out about the lean mass loss and lack of inches.

I am grateful for anything!!! And your story is great wuv- great job!

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Ok, let me break it down to you like this.....I am being totally honest with you...ok? I have been on the program for a little over 9 months now....I have NEVER been measured with the lean mass or BMI or anything like that. I am losing fat and that is really all that matters to me. Maybe I am wrong for that but apparently my coach isn't worried about it. Remember THIS IS YOUR JOURNEY.....NOT YOUR COACHES!!!.....you should not be stressing about anything IF you are following the protocol. Its all worked out for us. Again this is MY clinic and this is how MY clinic does things not all clinics do like mine. So PLEASE if you read this(not pointing fingers at anyone at all, just in general) and tell me that I need to check this or that DON"T....I see my coach every week and I am doing fine.

Thank you, I have shared my journey from the start so that everyone can see that it is possible IF YOU PUT YOUR HEAD INTO IT!

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 08:01 PM
My coach would give you a high five for that! You've had great losses! Although I have to say 150 - 170 oz of water at your weight might be to much water! lol You don't want to flush TOO much...that can be dangerous too. I'm at 3.5 - 4 now...because I've lost enough weight...I used to drink 4-5 litres and adjusted a bit.

patns
02-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Ishbel, do you know if any of the Canadian clinic measure like that? Mine didn't and I thought as reading about the lean body mass that I was glad to not to have that info to stress over as well.
I do have scale that is supposed to measure BMI ect but it must have not been very useful as I can't remember anymore how to set the scale for that.

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Nah, my coach doesn't use the BMI (neither does my doc, hence the goal that isn't 150ish) nor does she use a measuring tool. She's talked about getting one, one day but her Clinic isn't very big yet.

My sister had one (she is a massage therapist), don't trust them...especially ones that aren't 'expensive' lol. They would be a good snap shot I suppose but I'm not buying a scale or stepping on a scale until maintenance. There are more scientific ways of getting your fat % and it involves a calipur or water. I'd probably consider the skinfold (caliper) one...but I have enough lose skin that I wouldn't trust that anyway. Haven't heard of any coach doing calipurs every two weeks...and THAT is pretty much standard.

I'm with you, it would be something MORE to stress about...I got rid of the scale due to 2Ride's encouragement within the first 6-8 weeks. Tracked my carbs for one week...stressed about that and put it down too. I know my emotional boundaries I guess lol!

KarinF
02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I am losing pounds too but not many inches.... I am following the protocol but do miss on my 4 cups of veggies a day but I do eat a lot of lettuce. It is hard for me to eat 2 cups of veggies and a salad at dinner and lunch....

I just finished my 3d week on IP. I use the DaVinci Syrups too. I use 4 pumps (1/2 shot glass) of Sugar Free Hazelnut in my 12oz. coffee and a splash of cream. (I suspect I will be chastised for this) My coach did say that this small amount was ok. I have 2 of these in the morning. I stay away from the packet splenda because of the fillers.

I also drink AT LEAST 96oz water a day but on week-ends more than that. I can't drink more than that at work or I would get fired for going to the restroom so much LOL...

wuv2bloved
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I didn't lose inches as fast as I thought I would. I was dropping weight like crazy but the inches were inching off. Right now I have lost 127lbs and 83inches between breast, thorax, waist, hips, thigh, leg and arm. It does come off eventually...I promise :)

Y Guy
02-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Back to your original question; I use an app and website called MyFitnessPal - one thing I liked about it while on IP was that it had all of the IP foods in the database. It got me in the habit of logging my foods, supplements and water and I still do it even after phasing off of IP. The iPhone/iPad apps all sync with their website so no matter where you are you have access to the information.

Shemsham
02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I use spark people, there is a I-phone app, I-pad app and the Internet site that all sync together. Then at the end of the week I got to the Internet site and there is a report for your food journal that I copy and paste into a email and send to my coach so he already has it before I even get there - let me know if you need more details. The only thing I have found is that some of the ideal protein already listed has different # so I pay attention to that and once I find the correct ones I just add them to my favorites
~Tammy

berryblondeboys
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I use MyNetDiary... You can use it online or as an iPhone app. You can see your carbs for each item, each meal and each day and can set goals/ideals that fit with what you want. It counts carbs and net carbs.

gettin'little
08-07-2012, 10:47 PM
I also use MyNetDiary. While you're tracking calories it also lists the ratio of fats/carbs/proteins and vitamin/mineral amounts in your foods. The only thing I think it lacks is a good online buddy forum, and that's why I come to the 3FatChicks site.

Hgamroth
08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
I was freaking out about not losing inches in 3 weeks on my waist, hips and thighs. Those are the places my coach measures me. But then, I measured for a bra size and I went down 3 band sizes AND 3 cup sizes. You may be losing inches, just in other places. They have to catch up too!