100 lb. Club - Who loves pancakes? ME! (recipe!)

View Full Version : Who loves pancakes? ME! (recipe!)

Underwater
02-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I am so excited share this recipe I found on Reddit Lose it! I made it for my family this morning and my husband and sister that are not trying to lose weight loved them! I think I will be making them often on weekends from now on!

Ingredients
1/3 cup of Quick Rolled Oats
1 Over-Ripe Banana (should have a few brown spots)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup of Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Put the quick rolled oats into a food processor/blender and blend until they are a fine consistency, sort of like chunky flour. Add the other four ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour mixture onto a non-stick skillet and fry until big bubbles form. Flip and cook for another minute.

Makes 4 pancakes.

Nutrition (per pancake)
Calories: 70 - Total Fat: 0.6g - Carbs: 11.6g - Fiber: 1.6g - Sugar: 3.8g - Protein: 4.3

We ate them with Aunt Jemima light syrup.

LiannaKole
02-04-2012, 05:51 PM
These look great! I use a similar recipe, but I like the idea of banana, so I'll definitely try these. :D

Beverlyjoy
02-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Sounds good! Thanks.

Goddess Jessica
02-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Hahaha! I had absolutely no junk food in January. I promised my BFF that we would break our "no junk food" fast on her birthday, which was today.

We went to a kitchy breakfast place and had red velvet pancakes, pineapple upside down pancakes, sweet potato pancakes, chocolate/peanut butter pancakes, granola pancakes, and cinnamon roll pancakes. Each of us had been drooling over this for a month and we really only had 2 whole pancakes a piece but tastes of everything. I am still stuffed!

So when I read your thread title, I thought, "Omigod, not me." :)