Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Weekend 4-5 Feb 12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Weekend 4-5 Feb 12

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

wyo1963
02-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Well, am I the only one up this morning? If I don't get up the same time everyday, my desire to workout fades! I like to get it in early so I don't have a chance to change my mind or not 'work it in' during the day! good luck on weigh ins to day! Hope you all have some sunshine in your day! Try to find a NSV in your life today! I have to say my cellulite is is becoming LESS noticeable! Ya hooooo! :dancer:

beckyjo
02-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Yesterday was my son's 19th birthday. he wanted to go out and eat. eeeeeeek I have not been in a resturant for 2 weeks. It was ok however when ordering a salad you have to ask them to leave off the cheese, bacon and croutons. I didnt so i picked through it and ate what I could. then he wanted pizza for dinner and cake. It was a though night but I made and I feel very proud today for doing so. I am so excited about the new life ahead of me it is going to be worth it let me restated that it is worth it. I want to say thank you to everyone that posts becouse it helps me through the day.

mtnsun4
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
My NSV for the day- my scale is moving downward and I am feeling great! My jeans are fitting a lot looser! And, my overall mood has definitely changed. Anyone notice how much their mood has changed? A more positive outlook?

WingnutandMe
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Good morning. It's the weekend. I am a Monday thru Friday worker, so this is my time off. I'm excited, as hopefully, my husband and I can trade off this huge car hauler truck we've had for a year now. I'm tired of it being in front of the house and never used. We love classic cars and have 10 we dabble with. We thought we might be able to use a car hauler, but it hasn't been needed. I know, how does this relate to IP? I'm barely started on my weight loss journey here, but I'm excited (13lbs in 18 days) and I need to lose as I can't get in and out of some of our classics. I guess people were smaller then. It's frustrating to have to struggle to get in and out of the cars. I'm thankful for this forum and the love and support all show here. It helps me everyday. Every have a great Saturday.

Survalia
02-04-2012, 11:08 AM
My NSV for the day- my scale is moving downward and I am feeling great! My jeans are fitting a lot looser! And, my overall mood has definitely changed. Anyone notice how much their mood has changed? A more positive outlook?

Absolutely. At least about my health and my body -- work still sucks :D.

The steady supply of protein instead of the roller coaster that sugars cause is AMAZING.

OH! It wasn't until I saw my post that I realized that I am at the 25 lb mark!! That is exciting.
I remember not too long ago lamenting to people that "I just wish I could lose 30 pounds," and now I am almost there. I have already planned a long weekend with my sister to go shopping. WOO HOO! :carrot:

Samba
02-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Good morning everyone! I am new to IPD and the forum.

This is my third day on IP. I am still learning how to prepare things and going through my choices. I keep referring to my materials so that I can get it right!

Amazed that I feel pretty good today. Needless to say a diet and a restricted one at that, is a far cry from my bad eating habits. But, though I had determined not to "suffer" while losing weight, I find I am starting to feel better. I believe I read that you feel better once you get stabilized on the diet. Perhaps I am getting there.

Hope everyone is having a super start to the day! I'm glad I found this forum! I am willing to look for support anywhere I can find it. Looking forward to being a loser!

AussieonIP
02-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Morning All,

Happy OP IP Saturday!!!!

Well officially my 9th day on the plan, and I have lost 10 pounds on my home scale this morning! Happy Days,

Feeling great on the plan, and the meals are yummy!

Have a great weekend to all

Cheers/S...

EmilySebetka
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
My sinuses are acting up, which has me feeling really icky. Bleck.

But at least the cops managed to keep the school from being shot up. So there is always a bright side I suppose.

hmt1372
02-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Absolutely. At least about my health and my body -- work still sucks :D.

The steady supply of protein instead of the roller coaster that sugars cause is AMAZING.

OH! It wasn't until I saw my post that I realized that I am at the 25 lb mark!! That is exciting.
I remember not too long ago lamenting to people that "I just wish I could lose 30 pounds," and now I am almost there. I have already planned a long weekend with my sister to go shopping. WOO HOO! :carrot:
Congrats on the 25 lbs!!! Have a fun time shopping.

Good morning everyone! I am new to IPD and the forum.

This is my third day on IP. I am still learning how to prepare things and going through my choices. I keep referring to my materials so that I can get it right!

Amazed that I feel pretty good today. Needless to say a diet and a restricted one at that, is a far cry from my bad eating habits. But, though I had determined not to "suffer" while losing weight, I find I am starting to feel better. I believe I read that you feel better once you get stabilized on the diet. Perhaps I am getting there.

Hope everyone is having a super start to the day! I'm glad I found this forum! I am willing to look for support anywhere I can find it. Looking forward to being a loser!
Welcome to the forum and to your new life. Yes, this lifestyle is a restricted one on paper, but it is only as restricted as you want it to be. Meaning, there are so many things you can do with the packets that literally transform them. Check out Finn Steven's recipes, you'll be glad you did. Just had the crispy cereal pancakes this morning...yummy! Give yourself some time and trust in the program and you'll be amazed at how well you feel. It sounds like you are on your way. =)

Morning All,

Happy OP IP Saturday!!!!

Well officially my 9th day on the plan, and I have lost 10 pounds on my home scale this morning! Happy Days,

Feeling great on the plan, and the meals are yummy!

Have a great weekend to all

Cheers/S...

10 lbs in 9 days is GREAT!!! Congrats and glad you are feeling so great. I agree with you that most of the meals are yummy...I'm not a big fan of the soups, except the chicken soup. Of course, I haven't tried them in over a month, maybe I'll have to revisit them. =) Congrats again, great job!

Ducksmy
02-04-2012, 12:34 PM
So second WI only down a 1 1/2 but lost 5 more inches! Not sure what I did wrong last week?

patns
02-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Re the crispy cereal pancakes hmt mentioned above, that has been a favorite of mine for months. I also love making a rhubarb "cobbler" with the oatmeal passage. The other day I read where some made the cobbler with the crispy cereal and I tried that. I couldn't believe it!
It is just like an upside down rhubarb cake.

I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I never liked to cereal as a cereal but it is a life saver in the recipes.

Pat

AK907
02-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Last night I watched the documentery "Fat, sick, and nearly dead." It was all about juicing. I do own a juicer and used to do it more regularly, but I don't know if that'd clash with ideal protein because you juice fruits too. Maybe it'd be better for maintenance phase?

TracyAWC
02-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Posted this in another thread but wanted to put it here too!!

I am so excited this morning I have to post! Had my WI yesterday and officially lost 1.4 pounds. Off my goal by 1.6 pounds which was a bummer cause I really thought I'd hit P2 last week. Told my coach that when my home scale hit goal I was switching right away and she agreed.

So last night I was really hungry - you know those times when you feel like you could eat anything and everything (didn't help that I went to the store and bought all the boys their superbowl stuff - go pats). BUT I stayed OP and got through the night. Long story short (kinda) I got on the scale this am and I am a whole pound under goal!!! So psyched!

I already took the chicken breast out of the freezer to defrost so I can have it for LUNCH!

Thanks to all of you for your support - the diet is hard but not unmanageable and staying OP is soooooo worth it!

p.s. I even had an Outback steak last night and worked out yesterday am - never thought between those two I'd drop it in a day - talk about whoosh! :)

Ducksmy
02-04-2012, 01:20 PM
By the way everyone, I made the pudding waffles today...... they are to die for! Gonna be so great having an alternative for lunch! I am baking the pudding muffins now for my snack..... they smell dreamy! You can also use the waffles for a "veggie sandwich".

starry1672
02-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Tried the new Potato Puree for lunch today...DELICIOUS! Taste just like mashed potatoes :)

gs463
02-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I had WI# 4 today and I am down another 3.25lbs for the week. That makes 12lbs in a month. I am thrilled and I feel great.

Ducksmy
02-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I had WI# 4 today and I am down another 3.25lbs for the week. That makes 12lbs in a month. I am thrilled and I feel great.

CONGRATS!:carrot:

gs463
02-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Tried the new Potato Puree for lunch today...DELICIOUS! Taste just like mashed potatoes :)

Just bought some today. I can't wait to try it. Everyone says it's great and it's a non restricted. YAY:carrot:

mompattie
02-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Having a great weekend!!!! Having a great extended family weekend party in the city for my parents 65th birthdays!!! Lots of appetizers laid out here in our hotel room, ordered pizza for lunch..... I've been 100% OP for the weekend a d it feels great to not even want any of it!!! Packed all my IP foods along and doing great!!! Tonight is supper out so will be ordering a steak (yum!) and extra steamed veggies!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

grassfedbeef
02-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Re the crispy cereal pancakes hmt mentioned above, that has been a favorite of mine for months. I also love making a rhubarb "cobbler" with the oatmeal passage. The other day I read where some made the cobbler with the crispy cereal and I tried that. I couldn't believe it!

I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal

Pat

I have a question. Do you leave in the milk powder or remove the crispy cereal from the milk powder? Thanks.

Samba
02-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh my, so busy. No time to get in lunch. Had a snack but still have to get in lunch and din din and I have hours of dog training ahead away from my kitchen and veggies. I will have to work at getting some raw veggies fixed up to take along.

I am realizing a lot of my poor food choices in my life have been due to my propensity to run from one activity to another. I should slow down but don't know how to do that at this point! Have to say that the quick IP packets are helpful in the hurry and scurry!

doublebaby
02-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Had my weigh in yesterday and lost 6.2 lbs. for the last two weeks!! I seem to go back and forth between every other week and weekly weigh-ins because of the hour drive. What ever fits into my schedule. Easy staying OP though!

The other night I picked up pizzas to have here for a quick dinner for family coming over to help take something apart and it was very difficult just having those in my car with me. Not because I wanted any (I didn't) but because it smelled so bad(the cardboard box and the pizza combined with the heat of the pizza) the box just had a really bad smell to it. I think that did it with any pizza cravings I might have had for a long time. I can still smell it in my mind....

2Poles1Girl
02-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Last night I made mini-cakes using pudding packets (first time trying it). I made both milk choc and vanilla. I liked the vanilla much more. Next adventure will be the waffles; both savory using chicken soup and sweet using vanilla. This is great fun.

My NSV for the week is getting back into some old jeans, woohoo. I'm not quite ready for my favorite pair, but at least I could zip them up. Very exciting!!

Have a great day everyone.

northernfawn
02-04-2012, 02:25 PM
just got back from WI #3, and am down another 2.8 lbs YAY :) I don't even feel like I'm on a diet and I'm having so much fun trying out Finn's recipes. I picked up some of the potatoes today and can't wait to try them this week. The crispy cereal pancakes turned out really well and taste so 'undiet'...next I want to try making the banana bread 'muffins'......onward and downward!

Medic131
02-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I made the cereal pancakes this morning for my wife and myself. In the second batch I added about 1 tablespoon of water and they came out lighter, more moist and cake like. They tasted great either way, but the water was more pancake like.

Ylanthe
02-04-2012, 03:11 PM

Well, I'm still technically in week 1, so I am SUPER SCOWLY, but I feel really great when I think about it. I was walking around the office yesterday feeling pretty damn good, and then I remembered I had only just started, I don't actually look that different!

My NSV-my pants feel loose and my ankles are teeny tiny! Have a great weekend!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

QHLover
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
can't wait to try the potatoes, my coach mentioned them on the last WI. Are they restricted?

Has anyone tried the lemon puffs? She mentioned those are new as well.

Reading about pudding waffles, yum, have to try for snack.

Ylanthe
02-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Oh my, so busy. No time to get in lunch. Had a snack but still have to get in lunch and din din and I have hours of dog training ahead away from my kitchen and veggies. I will have to work at getting some raw veggies fixed up to take along.

I am realizing a lot of my poor food choices in my life have been due to my propensity to run from one activity to another. I should slow down but don't know how to do that at this point! Have to say that the quick IP packets are helpful in the hurry and scurry!

This plan is really great if you are constantly on the go-just add water! It's also astonishing how when you really start looking at your habits you realize where you were sabotaging yourself. I find it really helps to cut up bunches of lettuce 1x a week and then every night chop my peppers & cucumbers into them for lunch. I pack it all up in the a.m. and I am good to go. It's hard adjusting to the prep work though, but totally worth it! Have a good weekend!
:hug::carrot:

QHLover
02-04-2012, 03:18 PM

I have been buying the pre washed and cut veggies at the grocery store when I am too busy to do it myself. I know they are more expensive but still cost less than a trip to a fast food place :)

QHLover
02-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Had my weigh in yesterday and lost 6.2 lbs. for the last two weeks!! I seem to go back and forth between every other week and weekly weigh-ins because of the hour drive. What ever fits into my schedule. Easy staying OP though!

The other night I picked up pizzas to have here for a quick dinner for family coming over to help take something apart and it was very difficult just having those in my car with me. Not because I wanted any (I didn't) but because it smelled so bad(the cardboard box and the pizza combined with the heat of the pizza) the box just had a really bad smell to it. I think that did it with any pizza cravings I might have had for a long time. I can still smell it in my mind....

I too have found some things I craved before now smell gross and fatty. Don't know what has come over me, lol.

maykatcooper
02-04-2012, 03:33 PM

Sounds like we all like our mashed potatoes and though Cauli Mashed has been great, I am really looking forward to my "new late evening snack goodbye chocolate shake mix/pudding hello mashed potatoes" time. They haven't shown up on our order form for Ideal to Go yet but I'm checking daily. I won't place another order till they are available. Did I mention that I am excited? LOL... :dizzy:

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey Hey Everyone....looking for the IP pamphlet on cal-mag issues. Have a friend on alternative that I wanted to share it with. Does anyone have it handy? I just spent 30 minutes searching for it as I'm sure it's been posted here. I swear I have the pamphlet at work...but alas I'm not at work right now.

....anyone?...anyone?...anyone? (insert wonder years voice here) lol

maykatcooper
02-04-2012, 03:39 PM
My sinuses are acting up, which has me feeling really icky. Bleck.

But at least the cops managed to keep the school from being shot up. So there is always a bright side I suppose.

Thank you for the update. I am so thankful that the day without the trauma of losses. How terrified you must have been and those involved and their families. Can you imagine our country without the police. They are worth their weight in gold! Thankful.

maykatcooper
02-04-2012, 03:42 PM
BTW, has anyone tried the new Vanilla Drink Mix and compare/contrast it to the RTD Vanilla? I have to buy a whole box of 7 of each item I order and have been afraid to try it.

Momto2cs
02-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I am having a tough day today...

I am back at my old maintain weight, although I hope to get down 5 more this time and am planning to stay on phase 1 for February. BUT I am hungry today as I had an early breakfast to get one child to hockey and keep eying up the kids McDonald's from breakfast. I should just throw it away!

Plus, tomorrow is superbowl. When I started this jan 2 I planned for tomorrow to be an off plan day. Now I am not sure...

My dh is inn phase 1 for a while, so I know if I let tomorrow be a cheat that Monday will be back on track, but I can't decide!! I know he is planning to indulge a little...

Sigh. I am 90% satisfied at my current weight. But I like phase 1 and generally can't complain about the food,etc...

Sorry to complain! Everyone seems to be doing so well!

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Good morning. It's the weekend. I am a Monday thru Friday worker, so this is my time off. I'm excited, as hopefully, my husband and I can trade off this huge car hauler truck we've had for a year now. I'm tired of it being in front of the house and never used. We love classic cars and have 10 we dabble with. We thought we might be able to use a car hauler, but it hasn't been needed. I know, how does this relate to IP? I'm barely started on my weight loss journey here, but I'm excited (13lbs in 18 days) and I need to lose as I can't get in and out of some of our classics. I guess people were smaller then. It's frustrating to have to struggle to get in and out of the cars. I'm thankful for this forum and the love and support all show here. It helps me everyday. Every have a great Saturday.
Do y'all come to Mississippi for the Crusin the Coast? I am sure y'all do since that is one of the biggest cars shows around. I am one of those that watch all week long sitting on the beach while they pass by. One day maybe I will have someone to ride around with.....lol

Hey Hey Everyone....looking for the IP pamphlet on cal-mag issues. Have a friend on alternative that I wanted to share it with. Does anyone have it handy? I just spent 30 minutes searching for it as I'm sure it's been posted here. I swear I have the pamphlet at work...but alas I'm not at work right now.

....anyone?...anyone?...anyone? (insert wonder years voice here) lol

Hmmm is this what you are looking far?:D

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Momto2cs - here's what I think.

You're having a moment...refocus on your goal. You're only 5 lbs away. A minor cheat might set you down the wrong path. It takes a month to get off of IP properly (with the appropriate phase in)....stick to it for a few weeks 100% and then start phasing off if you decide to be happy with what you are then. That way you can give your pancreas the rest that the diet asks for.

Just the mood that came across, this might not be the best time to indulge...just my opinion though.

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Hmmm is this what you are looking far?:D

I figured if anyone had it you would and I was hoping you'd read it. But there wasn't anything attached. :/

AND after I posted this - it was attached...ugh computers!!! grrr lol Thanks wuv! :D

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Ok, I have to vent!!!.....ex hubby was in town and I went shopping at the BX-department store (he is retired air force)....not a problem right?...after we are done shopping, I drove because the boys came with us, he sees POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN....the boys at taco bell in the food court..he said YES!!!!!!.....pull into the drive through so I can get me some chicken, I'll eat it while you drive (He is leaving to go back to La)so I don't have to eat while I drive....HE KNOWS that FRIED CHICKEN IS LIKE MY MOST FAVORITE FOOD TO EAT!!!!......SOOOO I pull through the drive through order him a 3 piece with red beans and rice.....just from smelling it i think i gained 5lbs....lol.....so he starts eating it and saying OMG...this is soooooo good its fresh grease you could just taste how fresh it is and going on and on....I was just driving chewing my gum...smelling that chicken I just wanted to say YOU ARE MEAN AND CRUEL but i didn't say a word as I kept driving home and smacking my gum....Never knew gum could taste like fried chicken.....lol.....the smell was kinda making me sick actually and I think its because I haven't smelled it in so long....oh well, he is GONE now and I am back in my world :) just had to vent for a minute! Thank you for listening

Momto2cs
02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks ishbel.

I need to go make my regular lunch and try to get back to normal.

I maintained for about 8 months last year, but I never really phased off the ip way. I did not find I could add grain or fruit back into my diet-I am apparently pretty intolerant to them.

Instead I followed a protein power type low carb diet and was pretty comfortable with that. I was able to have an occasional indulgence and always got back on track during the week using the phase 1 philosophy!!

I will be watching the game at a bar tomorrow. I think my plan will be to enjoy a nice steak and salad, with maybe a couple hot wings, with my club soda!!

Thanks!

Momto2cs
02-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Ok, I have to vent!!!.....ex hubby was in town and I went shopping at the BX-department store (he is retired air force)....not a problem right?...after we are done shopping, I drove because the boys came with us, he sees POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN....the boys at taco bell in the food court..he said YES!!!!!!.....pull into the drive through so I can get me some chicken, I'll eat it while you drive (He is leaving to go back to La)so I don't have to eat while I drive....HE KNOWS that FRIED CHICKEN IS LIKE MY MOST FAVORITE FOOD TO EAT!!!!......SOOOO I pull through the drive through order him a 3 piece with red beans and rice.....just from smelling it i think i gained 5lbs....lol.....so he starts eating it and saying OMG...this is soooooo good its fresh grease you could just taste how fresh it is and going on and on....I was just driving chewing my gum...smelling that chicken I just wanted to say YOU ARE MEAN AND CRUEL but i didn't say a word as I kept driving home and smacking my gum....Never knew gum could taste like fried chicken.....lol.....the smell was kinda making me sick actually and I think its because I haven't smelled it in so long....oh well, he is GONE now and I am back in my world :) just had to vent for a minute! Thank you for listening

I can see why he's an ex!!

Of course, most people only worry about themselves and don't consider how their actions impact others.

You are doing so fantastic, and are an excellent role model for ip ers!

Maybe you can make your own version of fried chicken for dinner?

doublebaby
02-04-2012, 04:41 PM
BTW, has anyone tried the new Vanilla Drink Mix and compare/contrast it to the RTD Vanilla? I have to buy a whole box of 7 of each item I order and have been afraid to try it.

I bought a box of it and like it. I think the RTD ones are creamier but the mix ones are good too. I find the mix is very versatile. I have put cinnamon in sometimes, cherry mio, bluberry syrup. Whatever you can dream up.

starry1672
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
can't wait to try the potatoes, my coach mentioned them on the last WI. Are they restricted?

Has anyone tried the lemon puffs? She mentioned those are new as well.

Reading about pudding waffles, yum, have to try for snack.

No, the potatoes are not restricted...yay!

starry1672
02-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks ishbel.

I need to go make my regular lunch and try to get back to normal.

I maintained for about 8 months last year, but I never really phased off the ip way. I did not find I could add grain or fruit back into my diet-I am apparently pretty intolerant to them.

Instead I followed a protein power type low carb diet and was pretty comfortable with that. I was able to have an occasional indulgence and always got back on track during the week using the phase 1 philosophy!!

I will be watching the game at a bar tomorrow. I think my plan will be to enjoy a nice steak and salad, with maybe a couple hot wings, with my club soda!!

Thanks!

Bar day for me too tomorrow {Go Pats} I'll be having my crystal light in a martini glass..lol

starry1672
02-04-2012, 04:55 PM

BOOOOOO..thats why they are exes...way to stay stong girl!!

starry1672
02-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Sounds like we all like our mashed potatoes and though Cauli Mashed has been great, I am really looking forward to my "new late evening snack goodbye chocolate shake mix/pudding hello mashed potatoes" time. They haven't shown up on our order form for Ideal to Go yet but I'm checking daily. I won't place another order till they are available. Did I mention that I am excited? LOL... :dizzy:

My boyfriend was laughing because I was ready to lick the bowl..hahaha..they really are yummy :)

Porthardygurl
02-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Good Afternoon all,

Day 5 today...doing good.. Another pound down which makes for 5.5 pounds in 5 days..yay!!!

Officially ive lost 11 pounds from where i was at when i was 301 pounds...so its an improvement for sure.

Im having a "everything annoys me and im craving everything in sight and out of sight today. I keep drinking my water and chewing gum..chewing gum i admit is like a total lifesaver...thank god it comes in so many sugar free flavours".

patns
02-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Wuv here is something I just read on FB that describes your situation. But unfortunately when you have kids together the "ex' is never totally out of your life.
It went something like this:

An "ex" is called an 'ex' because it's an EXample of something you don't want to put up with in the future.

You should offer him a tattoo as a gift- EX right accross his forehead.

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Wuv here is something I just read on FB that describes your situation. But unfortunately when you have kids together the "ex' is never totally out of your life.
It went something like this:

An "ex" is called an 'ex' because it's an EXample of something you don't want to put up with in the future.

You should offer him a tattoo as a gift- EX right accross his forehead.

hahaha....I like that....ONLY reason why he came was because it was our oldest's 24th birthday yesterday....I don't talk to him unless I NEED too...trust me....HE IS AN EX with NO FEELINGS at all!

omgzitsmiranda
02-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Okay people on alternatives..
Have you made the cupcakes or "brownies" out of the Nashua shakes? Yay or nay on them? I need input ASAP please!

Determinedat47
02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Ok, I have to vent!!!.....ex hubby was in town and I went shopping at the BX-department store (he is retired air force)....not a problem right?...after we are done shopping, I drove because the boys came with us, he sees POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN....the boys at taco bell in the food court..he said YES!!!!!!.....pull into the drive through so I can get me some chicken, I'll eat it while you drive (He is leaving to go back to La)so I don't have to eat while I drive....HE KNOWS that FRIED CHICKEN IS LIKE MY MOST FAVORITE FOOD TO EAT!!!!......SOOOO I pull through the drive through order him a 3 piece with red beans and rice.....just from smelling it i think i gained 5lbs....lol.....so he starts eating it and saying OMG...this is soooooo good its fresh grease you could just taste how fresh it is and going on and on....I was just driving chewing my gum...smelling that chicken I just wanted to say YOU ARE MEAN AND CRUEL but i didn't say a word as I kept driving home and smacking my gum....Never knew gum could taste like fried chicken.....lol.....the smell was kinda making me sick actually and I think its because I haven't smelled it in so long....oh well, he is GONE now and I am
back in my world :) just had to vent for a minute! Thank you for
listening

What a Ba_st_rd!

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 07:02 PM
What a Ba_st_rd!

Pretty much!!...I jut talked to my mom and she said remember when y'all were married he would do crap like that all the time but you were not as strong as you are now and would cave in....You not saying anything to him just showed how strong you are now :)

omgzitsmiranda
02-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Pretty much!!...I jut talked to my mom and she said remember when y'all were married he would do crap like that all the time but you were not as strong as you are now and would cave in....You not saying anything to him just showed how strong you are now :)

Have I mentioned how much I love the advice your Mom gives you? So proud of you :)

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 07:07 PM

WOW, seriously...is he secretly Canadian? He sounds like my ex-brother in law. W-O-W....well done sticking to it though.

tenniels
02-04-2012, 07:09 PM

Pat

So this might be a dumb question Pat, but did you then have the rhubarb right in the cereal/egg etc mixture and put in an oven safe dish and bake? I'm not much of a cook so I have to ask the simple things haha. I have frozen rhubarb in my freezer, so I'd like to try this. Do you think I'd cook the rhubarb first or put it in frozen? Thanks so much :)

sandralosingweight
02-04-2012, 07:11 PM

So proud of you Lisa, you are such a strong person and we all look up to you, so... poor ex... eating all those junk while you are getting healthier by the second.

Way to go girl.

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone I appreciate it, just goes to show you that IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND into it....YOU CAN OVERCOME ANYTHING put in front of you!

patns
02-04-2012, 07:27 PM
So this might be a dumb question Pat, but did you then have the rhubarb right in the cereal/egg etc mixture and put in an oven safe dish and bake? I'm not much of a cook so I have to ask the simple things haha. I have frozen rhubarb in my freezer, so I'd like to try this. Do you think I'd cook the rhubarb first or put it in frozen? Thanks so much :)

Not stupid at all, it took me a while to work it out and still managed to muck it up one the other night by putting too much salt in it. It is important to have really small amounts of baking powder, salt and vanilla.
I have a "brie baker" a little dish that is the size of a small round of brie.

I spray that lightly with pam and fill it with frozen rhubarb sprinkled with a splenda. I put it in for a minute at atime, three times mixing it beween each time. That cooks the volume down. Then I pour the cereal/ egg mixture over it and put it in the oven. take it out when it gets golden brown. I find rhubarb a real lifesaver, I love the tartness.

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Not stupid at all, it took me a while to work it out and still managed to muck it up one the other night by putting too much salt in it. It is important to have really small amounts of baking powder, salt and vanilla.

I spray that lightly with pam and fill it with frozen rhubarb sprinkled with a splenda. I put it in for a minute at atime, three times mixing it beween each time. That cooks the volume down. Then I pour the cereal/ egg mixture over it and put it in the oven. take it out when it gets golden brown. I find rhubarb a real lifesaver, I love the tartness.

I was wondering myself...glad she asked....sounds YUMO! I have only used the oatmeal on it. I've never had the cereal...is it restricted?

tenniels
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM

That sounds great Pat!!! I'm going to try this tomorrow I think :) And Ishbel - I don't believe the cereal is a restricted, so that's a bonus!!!

salmongirl
02-04-2012, 07:38 PM

Great realization! I think dieting is about 89% planning.

salmongirl
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Clearly you are better off without him. sounds like he cannot stand your success. But we can, and you inspire us!

salmongirl
02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
okay, I have a dumb question but what is Onederland?

gs463
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM

Yes, I have a box of it. It is pretty good but I like the RTD Vanilla better. I have some DaVincci syrups which I have put in it to flavor it. Honestly, I like the chocolate packets better than the vanilla and the vanilla RTD better than the choc RTD.

sandralosingweight
02-04-2012, 07:54 PM
WOW, seriously...is he secretly Canadian? He sounds like my ex-brother in law. W-O-W....well done sticking to it though.

What do you mean is he secretly Canadian???!!!
Canadians are known to be very nice people.

gs463
02-04-2012, 07:58 PM

You are a great sport! I think I may have had to say get your chicken at the airport!

Survalia
02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Onederland = 199 lbs or less

Today I made the cauliflower bread (1/2 head of caulif, grated, 1 egg & 1 egg white, beaten, minced onion, sprinkle of oregano and basil. I added about 2 tsp of Land O Lakes sharp cheddar sprinkles, spread on oiled parchment paper on a baking sheet and baked at 350 for 45 min). THIS. IS. AWESOME. Absolutely NOT diet-food-tasting at all! I am going to make a hamburger for supper and use this bread to make a CHEESEBURGER!!!! :carrot:

Now, all I need to do is find someone who is seeing a coach to get me some of those mashed potatoes, and find a store that has frozen rhubarb!!

I cannot believe the variety that is possible on a diet that is this restricted. The BEST of both worlds, for sure.

Porthardygurl
02-04-2012, 08:11 PM
cauiliflour bread??? wow!!! never heard of that before...mm sounds good...is that a variation of the cauliflour pizza crust?

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 08:17 PM

I meant it as a joke Sandra...that perhaps she was married to my brother in law (who is Canadian)..as it sounds like something HE would do (he's a jerk too)...I know Canadian's are nice...I'm one of them. :D

***waving at you from Saskatchewan "Salut Sandra! Comment ca va?" ;)

maykatcooper
02-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Good Afternoon all,

Day 5 today...doing good.. Another pound down which makes for 5.5 pounds in 5 days..yay!!!

Officially ive lost 11 pounds from where i was at when i was 301 pounds...so its an improvement for sure.

Im having a "everything annoys me and im craving everything in sight and out of sight today. I keep drinking my water and chewing gum..chewing gum i admit is like a total lifesaver...thank god it comes in so many sugar free flavours".

Your needing to go grab that dill pickle. I have no idea why it works and why it takes me so long to give in and go get one... but it always works. Cravings gone, hunger pangs gone, grey hair... nice try! LOL!

Survalia
02-04-2012, 08:20 PM
:D Well, I have never heard of cauliflower pizza crust, but this would work great as a pizza crust, and thanks for the idea! I have heard it called cauliflower breadsticks. I am beginning to see all kinds of new uses for it. Cauliflower is such a versatile veggie!

Momto2cs
02-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I meant it as a joke Sandra...that perhaps she was married to my brother in law (who is Canadian)..as it sounds like something HE would do (he's a jerk too)...I know Canadian's are nice...I'm one of them. :D

***waving at you from Saskatchewan "Salut Sandra! Comment ca va?" ;)

Ha ga
I had to read it twice too!

Must be all that green clouding your brain. Go stamps! ;)

Hills
02-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm a lurker who is doing a reboot (phase 1) right now. I'm using my left over packets and some alternative products. I see that the meat serving is now 8 oz. Does that mean we can have three eggs for a serving of protein?

NavyMommy
02-04-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm a lurker who is doing a reboot (phase 1) right now. I'm using my left over packets and some alternative products. I see that the meat serving is now 8 oz. Does that mean we can have three eggs for a serving of protein?

My sheet still says 2 eggs, but I add in a few egg whites as well to up the protein and bulk it up a bit.

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Ha ga
I had to read it twice too!

Must be all that green clouding your brain. Go stamps! ;)

haha, it was funny/cute in my world...lol your comment about the green made me think you were refering to the veggies I was like "whatsshetalkin'boutwillis"...then I was like "duh!" it was a split second convo in my head lol

My life in the last 9 month is definately a "sea of green" LOL

WingnutandMe
02-04-2012, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4203402]Do y'all come to Mississippi for the Crusin the Coast? I am sure y'all do since that is one of the biggest cars shows around. I am one of those that watch all week long sitting on the beach while they pass by. One day maybe I will have someone to ride around with.....lol

wuv2 - sorry to say we have not been to Mississippi. That's a bit far from Georgia. My husband's work schedule limits us to only a couple of days to go and then he's only off two weekends a month. We've been to a couple of Corvair events since 5 of the 10 classics are Varis. Did get the truck traded off and I was good at lunch when we stopped. Forgot any WF dressing packets. The waitress suggested lemon juice and that was better than nothing at all on my salad. I'm excited about the program and don't want to mess it up and cheat. Thanks for the encouragement on this forum.

idealme
02-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Ishbel, sorry to interrupt....you have lost 121 on IP? how long did that take? Thats incredible btw! Congrats!

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Ishbel, sorry to interrupt....you have lost 121 on IP? how long did that take? Thats incredible btw! Congrats!

:) thanks...it took me 41 weeks (or just over 9 months if that's easier)...I share it on my signature :)

idealme
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
ahhh sorry my bad I see all your numbers now....blonde sorry lol. Im in my 4th day and im soooo hungry!! what did you do at the beginning to stay on track and not starve....your wisdom is greatly appriciated!

wuv2bloved
02-04-2012, 09:13 PM
ahhh sorry my bad I see all your numbers now....blonde sorry lol. Im in my 4th day and im soooo hungry!! what did you do at the beginning to stay on track and not starve....your wisdom is greatly appriciated!

Keep your eye on the prize and dont let anything come between you and that prize. Make sure you are committed to yourself, Just like you would be to your spouse/or partner...be committed to yourself!

Ishbel
02-04-2012, 09:20 PM

You won't starve, you may be hungry. Hunger comes and goes on this diet, you're almost into ketosis if you're not there already. It gets easier, the first week is the toughest. Just power through it and keep your eye on your goal. I like herbal tea with stevia now, sometimes without stevia depending on the tea. I once vacuumed for 45 minutes for a distraction from hunger...lol. Some people don't notice a difference going into ketosis (my mom), I was quite exhausted (my mom said I was 'ill')...but I loved carbs! Ketosis is a wonderful thing and the deeper you get into it the better it will be for you emotionally. Your cravings will be there sometimes but you have control over them. People bake on this diet and do NOT eat anything in front of them.

I've learned that hunger isn't going to kill me, it's mostly just uncomfortable but it isn't something I can't deal with and I will be able to eat (you can eat on this diet). It's ok to be hungry at 1100 or 1130...it's right before lunch! :) I've never really admitted that hunger won't kill me before this diet.

Check out the beck diet solution and read the book. I downloaded an electronic copy and listened to it as I painted a massive fence this past summer. I think there is a forum here for it too. She's on facebook and gives daily motivational quotes....go find her and 'like' her...then she shows up in your news feed with little quotes Monday - Friday.

Write down all your reasons for wanting to lose weight...then 2 months into it, write down all the things that are better in your life because you've lost X number of pounds. Keep that in your purse/wallet to remind you when you have one of those weak moments (this came from the Beck Diet Solution and I've done this). Come on here and read about how sucessful others are. There is always someone here ready to offer encouragement. You don't even have to post to get encouragement on here...you can read what others are saying to encourage someone else who's having a bad day.

....wow I'm a posting MACHINE tonight...lol

maykatcooper
02-04-2012, 09:31 PM

BTW, my husband tells everyone that I still have blond roots! Married almost 40 years, and I won't tell you what I say about him... today.:dizzy:

northernfawn
02-04-2012, 09:54 PM

I love this idea and I have a little brie baker too, glad to have a new healthy use for it....will have to go get some rhubarb tomorrow......yum!

northernfawn
02-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks everyone I appreciate it, just goes to show you that IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND into it....YOU CAN OVERCOME ANYTHING put in front of you!

You said it girl and well done!!

glomor
02-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Your cravings will be there sometimes but you have control over them. People bake on this diet and do NOT eat anything in front of them.

I've learned that hunger isn't going to kill me, it's mostly just uncomfortable but it isn't something I can't deal with and I will be able to eat (you can eat on this diet). It's ok to be hungry at 1100 or 1130...it's right before lunch! :) I've never really admitted that hunger won't kill me before this diet...

I've found that it helps to get rid of certain foods. I baked cookies over the holidays and did indulge in a few, but I certainly didn't binge on them like I would have done in the past. I hated to do it, but after Christmas I threw a bunch of them in the garbage so I wouldn't be tempted to keep on eating them!

Chuckles1330
02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Wingnut - good to see another Georgian :)
Haven't read the thread - long day, and I'm ready for bed. WI wasn't as good as I had hoped - midweek the Dr's scale showed a 4 1/2 lb loss, WI was just over 3lbs. BUT...still fantastic, and I have to keep my eye on the fact that 19lbs in 3 weeks is WONDERFUL.
:bravo: and :hug: to all!

Beanie Mommy
02-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Just bought some today. I can't wait to try it. Everyone says it's great and it's a non restricted. YAY:carrot:

OMG! Non-restricted???? :carrot:

My clinic better get that stuff fast!!! Sounds like that would make an excellent lunch with some roasted veggies or cooked spinach (spinach and potatoes is one of my childhood favorites!)

ShellyT
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
:) thanks...it took me 41 weeks (or just over 9 months if that's easier)...I share it on my signature :)
All there is to say is wow! Awesome job....I have been on for a month and the weight loss seems slower than the stories here. But, I am losing and that is all that counts

meant2b
02-04-2012, 11:51 PM
WI#14 today and down another 2 lbs!!! Woohoo!

Beanie Mommy
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM

Ex-husbands are just very useless creatures... I would know...

Good for you for staying strong! I bet your ex's eyes pop out everytime he sees you!

mrsmurphy
02-04-2012, 11:53 PM
HI Ladies,

So, I have some bad news. I haven't been on here in about 5 days or so because I have been in the hospital. :( I started getting really bad left side pains and assumed they were gas pains so i went and took a yoga class to get the bowels moving. However, that wasn't the case. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis at the age of 26!! The doctors are sooo surprised... The surgeon I met with today said he has rarely treated individuals under 40, but never under 30. So, I am still here. They spoke of surgery, which won't happen until i get a colonoscopy. ugh.. it's been such a mess. I was restricted to eat since wednesday, finally allowed clear liquids today. But, I was told today I have to be on a low-fiber diet for two weeks then I will transition to a high-fiber diet. I don't know how do-able my ip alternatives would be on a high fiber diet. Also, being as though, this diet causes constipation. I am terribly upset. I know that I will continue losing weight one way or the other. I won't give up... i said this would be my last try and it will be. I just wish this diet didn't cause soo much constipation.

thin4me
02-05-2012, 12:05 AM

Ha ha ha - I was thinking the same thing until I read it again. Obviously her Canadian brother-in-law is also a jerk!

Beanie Mommy
02-05-2012, 12:09 AM
HI Ladies,

So, I have some bad news. I haven't been on here in about 5 days or so because I have been in the hospital. :( I started getting really bad left side pains and assumed they were gas pains so i went and took a yoga class to get the bowels moving. However, that wasn't the case. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis at the age of 26!! The doctors are sooo surprised... The surgeon I met with today said he has rarely treated individuals under 40, but never under 30. So, I am still here. They spoke of surgery, which won't happen until i get a colonoscopy. ugh.. it's been such a mess. I was restricted to eat since wednesday, finally allowed clear liquids today. But, I was told today I have to be on a low-fiber diet for two weeks then I will transition to a high-fiber diet. I don't know how do-able my ip alternatives would be on a high fiber diet. Also, being as though, this diet causes constipation. I am terribly upset. I know that I will continue losing weight one way or the other. I won't give up... i said this would be my last try and it will be. I just wish this diet didn't cause soo much constipation.

Sorry to hear what's going on with your health. Not sure what diverticulitis is, but it sounds pretty bad from what you are writing there.

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Momto2cs
02-05-2012, 12:59 AM
You won't starve, you may be hungry. Hunger comes and goes on this diet, you're almost into ketosis if you're not there already. It gets easier, the first week is the toughest. Just power through it and keep your eye on your goal. I like herbal tea with stevia now, sometimes without stevia depending on the tea. I once vacuumed for 45 minutes for a distraction from hunger...lol. Some people don't notice a difference going into ketosis (my mom), I was quite exhausted (my mom said I was 'ill')...but I loved carbs! Ketosis is a wonderful thing and the deeper you get into it the better it will be for you emotionally. Your cravings will be there sometimes but you have control over them. People bake on this diet and do NOT eat anything in front of them.

I've learned that hunger isn't going to kill me, it's mostly just uncomfortable but it isn't something I can't deal with and I will be able to eat (you can eat on this diet). It's ok to be hungry at 1100 or 1130...it's right before lunch! :) I've never really admitted that hunger won't kill me before this diet.

Check out the beck diet solution and read the book. I downloaded an electronic copy and listened to it as I painted a massive fence this past summer. I think there is a forum here for it too. She's on facebook and gives daily motivational quotes....go find her and 'like' her...then she shows up in your news feed with little quotes Monday - Friday.

Write down all your reasons for wanting to lose weight...then 2 months into it, write down all the things that are better in your life because you've lost X number of pounds. Keep that in your purse/wallet to remind you when you have one of those weak moments (this came from the Beck Diet Solution and I've done this). Come on here and read about how sucessful others are. There is always someone here ready to offer encouragement. You don't even have to post to get encouragement on here...you can read what others are saying to encourage someone else who's having a bad day.

Great post. Thanks

At 100 pounds 0r 1 pound it I'd still a struggle. Most days I love it, today was tough.

But this is the body I live in, and I want to love it!

Momto2cs
02-05-2012, 01:03 AM
HI Ladies,

Forget the or any diet. Get better. Sorry to hear of your problems . Prayers

Tripmama
02-05-2012, 01:08 AM
There was sunshine in my day!

DanafromAustin
02-05-2012, 01:20 AM
HI Ladies,

Serious stuff. Bottom line is take care of yourself and follow doctor's orders.

patns
02-05-2012, 01:33 AM
HI Ladies,

I am so sorry to hear this. You will have to follow doctors orders carefully and the decision of what plan you follow will likely be out of your hands. It is most important that you regain your health. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Pat

Tripmama
02-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Great job!

Tripmama
02-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Great job!

omgzitsmiranda
02-05-2012, 02:04 AM
HI Ladies,

I'm sorry! :( I hope you will continue to stick around either way you decide to do things. I hope you feel better!

lindac36
02-05-2012, 02:21 AM
just goes to show you that IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND into it....YOU CAN OVERCOME ANYTHING put in front of you!

Including the things we have already put behind us!

starry1672
02-05-2012, 08:23 AM
HI Ladies,

That stinks! I have a friend with diverticulitis, no picnic :( Take care of yourself first! We're here for you my friend :)

omgzitsmiranda
02-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Weigh-in time! *drum roll*
After thinking this whole week I wasn't going to lose an ounce because of TOM & super stressed out-ness.. I weighed-in. I was super nervous & prayed for a miracle and I GOT IT!

5 POUNDS! FIVE POUNDS YOU GUYS! Soooo over the moon & just what I needed to get my spirits back up where they needed to be :D

15lbs in 4 weeks! IP is awesome! [doesn't include any previous weight loss for January; just since I strictly started IP] Average right now: 3.75lbs per week! WOOO HOOO!

wyo1963
02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
After thinking this whole week I wasn't going to lose an ounce because of TOM & super stressed out-ness.. I weighed-in. I was super nervous & prayed for a miracle and I GOT IT!

5 POUNDS! FIVE POUNDS YOU GUYS! Soooo over the moon & just what I needed to get my spirits back up where they needed to be :D

15lbs in 4 weeks! IP is awesome! [doesn't include any previous weight loss for January; just since I strictly started IP] Average right now: 3.75lbs per week! WOOO HOOO!

WOW! That's great! Keep it up Miranda! I have slowed down on the loosing this week, haven't gained, I may be excersising to much.?

omgzitsmiranda
02-05-2012, 10:47 AM
WOW! That's great! Keep it up Miranda! I have slowed down on the loosing this week, haven't gained, I may be excersising to much.?

How much are you exercising? Are you having another extra 1/2 pack before and 1/2 after?

WingnutandMe
02-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Good to hear good news from some and prayers to you that are going through the valleys of life. I'm just so thankful I found IP and this forum. Both are lifesavers.

wyo1963
02-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I made the cereal pancakes this morning for my wife and myself. In the second batch I added about 1 tablespoon of water and they came out lighter, more moist and cake like. They tasted great either way, but the water was more pancake like.

How nice of you to make breaky! Did you serve them in bed or waiting for valentines day for that one! I haven't made those, sounds good think I will try them out!

mtnsun4
02-05-2012, 11:11 AM
HI Ladies,

So sorry to hear that! I had diverticulitius as well in my 20's one time. I was basically sent home and it went away. My doctor thought it was a piece of rice, or some other food that got stuck in my intestines. It ended up going away. Don't give up! This is just a bump in the road. Keep your head up!:hug:

mtnsun4
02-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I finally got my ticker today! Woo hoo!!:carrot:

QHLover
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Once you’ve taken back the body you’ve always wanted, you won’t
let it deteriorate ever again. Love this quote!

QHLover
02-05-2012, 11:59 AM
You need to build up your carbohydrates at night so that you can use them throughout the next day.
• One important detail: complex carbohydrates have to be digested before they can be used.
Digestion is the process by which food is broken up and converted
into a substance suitable for absorption and assimilation into the
body. Digestion is work, while burning reserves provides energy.
And your body can only use the final product. As long as the work,
or digestion, is incomplete, you have no reserves to burn.

For those who eat a bar before exercise you may want to rethink that.

DanafromAustin
02-05-2012, 12:14 PM

Congratulations Miranda, A job well done.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. It's been so nice and quiet around here all weekend, but then again my 14 year old son has been on a teen retreat. He's coming home this afternoon, here comes the noise again!:listen:

omgzitsmiranda
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Congratulations Miranda, A job well done.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. It's been so nice and quiet around here all weekend, but then again my 14 year old son has been on a teen retreat. He's coming home this afternoon, here comes the noise again!:listen:

Thank ya :)

Haha aw! You haven't missed the noise just a tiny bit ;)? haha.

stmpspaz
02-05-2012, 12:47 PM
So, I have been on IP for 5 weeks now. I have done pretty darn good at staying OP but have had a few bumps along the way. But I have noticed - on the days that I have a small bump or two I seem to do better and weigh less in the morning.

For instance - yesterday I was OP all day (and had been for a couple days), but then went to a potluck. I had SMALL servings of a couple things with pasta - and beat myself up about it all night. However, when I weighed on my scale this morning - I was down another pound. I have noticed this each time I have slipped with some extra carbs, yet when I am totally OP I don't seem to move the scale. Could it be possible that my body needs just that little extra carb boost for this to work??

I know that I shouldn't continue to add the carbs like that - but I am curious if this has shown for anyone else

Patti

omgzitsmiranda
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
So, I have been on IP for 5 weeks now. I have done pretty darn good at staying OP but have had a few bumps along the way. But I have noticed - on the days that I have a small bump or two I seem to do better and weigh less in the morning.

For instance - yesterday I was OP all day (and had been for a couple days), but then went to a potluck. I had SMALL servings of a couple things with pasta - and beat myself up about it all night. However, when I weighed on my scale this morning - I was down another pound. I have noticed this each time I have slipped with some extra carbs, yet when I am totally OP I don't seem to move the scale. Could it be possible that my body needs just that little extra carb boost for this to work??

I know that I shouldn't continue to add the carbs like that - but I am curious if this has shown for anyone else

Patti

If you shake things up, you could potentially "lose weight" BUT this plan is not specifically set up for "cheats" or "little nibbles". You're probably not losing weight [and don't take this the wrong way] because you're not staying consistently 10000000% on plan with Ideal Protein like protocol calls for. Have you thought about doing something like Atkins?

stmpspaz
02-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks Miranda - I know that I am not supposed to cheat. And I have been really trying not to. I have been OP for most of the time - but I do slip up here and there - and am working to not! LOL It just seemed curious to me. But thinking more - it was probably loss from those days I was 100% OP, and then I don't show on those days because of the slip up the days before... well, at least that makes sense to me! LOL

Here's to another day - and working toward being 100% OP!

Patti

omgzitsmiranda
02-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks Miranda - I know that I am not supposed to cheat. And I have been really trying not to. I have been OP for most of the time - but I do slip up here and there - and am working to not! LOL It just seemed curious to me. But thinking more - it was probably loss from those days I was 100% OP, and then I don't show on those days because of the slip up the days before... well, at least that makes sense to me! LOL

Here's to another day - and working toward being 100% OP!

Patti

I totally wasn't getting onto you & I just wanted to make sure you didn't feel like that lol. How much have you lost all together on IP? Is this your first time on IP? or restart?

Jonis
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
I weigh in every two weeks. Have been on IP for 4 weeks. Yesterday was my second WI and down 7 more pounds. Lost 15.4 lbs and 22 inches so far!
Keep on trucking everyone!

Lilmink
02-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Good morning everyone. I'm very excited to report I have a new coach at a new clinic as of yesterday. He is a doctor and has lost 65lbs on IP and knows how to work the plan and tweak it, unlike my old location where I never saw the "medical" supervision just a couple of rail thin girls hired to "coach" who never even bothered to read Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book. He answered all of my questions. He gave me his email and his cell and said to feel free to be in touch any time! He doesn't charge for weigh-ins (was $15 per week) and his per box price will save me $9 per week AND the parking is free, saving me another $12 per week! And it turns out it's closer to my house. And he is fine with using some IP products and some alternatives (like the big bulk container of Protiwell hot chocolate that should be here via Fedex tomorrow. So I'll easily recoup the $250 difference for the start up fee by the time I finish and feel so much better about the process along the way!

After my b'day binge on Thursday (planned in advance) and my TOM hitting on Friday I was up 2lbs yesterday, but am back down 1 today. I'm perfectly fine with that. But the best news is that he think he sees the problem with my slow loss and my constant lean muscle loss, even though it's small, it's still lean muscle loss and we are tweaking my protein intake and instead of 4 "meals" a day, we are spreading things out so I'm eating something about every 3 hours.

Fingers crossed to be back in full blown ketosis quickly and start hitting at least 2lbs a week drops quickly.

Reading everything you all write definitely has helped me over the past couple of very frustrating weeks. But I can feel it in my bones that getting rid of the financial stress and aggravation of my old clinic should release some excess pounds!

Thanks, Lilmink :D :D :D

Samba
02-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh my, that is amazing! I can only hope for such results. Keep posting as I am looking for all the inspiration I can get here at the beginning.

shalista
02-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I am new here too, and trying to read to help me stay on task. I had a tough first week. We had family that came to stay with us on Thursday and we went out to each Thursday, Friday for lunch and Friday night. Thursday night we went to Ruby Tuesdays and I got the petit steak with steamed cauliflower and grilled zuccini, Friday lunch was Olive Garden. I just got salad and used Olive Oil. That was really tough! I love their salad and breaksticks. Friday night we went to a fine dining place and I had scallops with cauliflower puree. It was fantastic. I bought some ketone strips, and if I am reading them right I have stayed in Ketosis. I was worried about the cauliflower puree, but I seemed to have made it through! It was delicious so I am glad I was able to have some great food and stay in ketosis.

I have had lots of cravings though. Yesterday I wanted sweets very badly. Today I am wanting crunchy/salt, like chips. I didn't cave yesterday, but today has been really hard. I am trying to drink water and remember my goal.

Porthardygurl
02-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Well well well... i lived to survive another day.. Last night was hardcore.. I wanted to cheat so bad that i was in tears. Its hard not "seeing" the results of your hard work...Its always the first few weeks isnt it? I layed in bed, cried a few tears, talked and whined to my hunny who thoughfully listened and cuddled me and i felt better and then we proceeded to watch a comedy, something i needed to watch to get my mood back up there. I woke up today and was down another two pounds so im just about jumping off my roof in excitement!!! It was so worth the horrible night last night...Glad i stayed on plan...

Today is a new day and boy is it a better day today..i feel a lot happier ....and maybe a little skinnier???? who knows?

Eck
02-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I bought True Lime yesterday with 0 everything. Has any used this in recipes? I was thinking about adding to vanilla pudding and making a meringue top like a key lime pie with out the crust.

thin4me
02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
You need to build up your carbohydrates at night so that you can use them throughout the next day.
One important detail: complex carbohydrates have to be digested before they can be used.
Digestion is the process by which food is broken up and converted
into a substance suitable for absorption and assimilation into the
body. Digestion is work, while burning reserves provides energy.
And your body can only use the final product. As long as the work,
or digestion, is incomplete, you have no reserves to burn.

For those who eat a bar before exercise you may want to rethink that.

Does this make you think you should have your "restrictive" as your bedtime snack? When I don't have mine before i go to bed I wake up "light-headed" - Is there a connection????

WingnutandMe
02-05-2012, 02:52 PM
My husband doesn't have a weight problem, never has, in fact, I can't feed him enough for him to gain (5'9", 147lbs, 30" pants he has to hold up with a belt). But, he is very supportive of what I'm doing. When we're out, I try to find someplace to eat that will work for both of us. Today, I remembered this Mexican restaurant we both love. It has a buffet. The have nicely grilled chicken and beef that would be used for fajitas, but you can tell it's cooked separately from the onions or peppers. Even those two are cooked separately from each other and served on the buffet separately. A nice touch for those who won't or can't eat any of those ingredients or those of us on IP. I take a big plate of shredded lettuce and add peppers and chicken. The have homemade pico de gallo, which I used just a tad as I wasn't sure how many carbs. It's not the kind with lots of tomatoes, more like marinated chopped onions, cilantro, and peppers. I wondered if I could have more of that. Any ideas? I was so happy and so was he.

Any ideas on the pico and also their homemade salsa?

purple sky
02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Does this make you think you should have your "restrictive" as your bedtime snack? When I don't have mine before i go to bed I wake up "light-headed" - Is there a connection????

Hmmm...interesting. Lately, I have been more light-headed, almost dizzy. I have been having mostly drinks from my night time snack, so I wonder. Yesterday, I had the soy balls. I feel okay today. I will have to play around with it for a bit. I am also in PMS and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Determinedat47
02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Well well well... i lived to survive another day.. Last night was hardcore.. I wanted to cheat so bad that i was in tears. Its hard not "seeing" the results of your hard work...Its always the first few weeks isnt it? I layed in bed, cried a few tears, talked and whined to my hunny who thoughfully listened and cuddled me and i felt better and then we proceeded to watch a comedy, something i needed to watch to get my mood back up there. I woke up today and was down another two pounds so im just about jumping off my roof in excitement!!! It was so worth the horrible night last night...Glad i stayed on plan...

Today is a new day and boy is it a better day today..i feel a lot happier ....and maybe a little skinnier???? who knows?

14pounds down, and you don't think that is results? What do you think is going to happen, you are going to wake up 1 week in at your goal weight? You need to get the thoughts out of your mind that cheating is even an option.:p

wuv2bloved
02-05-2012, 03:31 PM
14pounds down, and you don't think that is results? What do you think is going to happen, you are going to wake up 1 week in at your goal weight? You need to get the thoughts out of your mind that cheating is even an option.:p

LIKE BUTTON!!!!!

purple sky
02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
My husband doesn't have a weight problem, never has, in fact, I can't feed him enough for him to gain (5'9", 147lbs, 30" pants he has to hold up with a belt). But, he is very supportive of what I'm doing. When we're out, I try to find someplace to eat that will work for both of us. Today, I remembered this Mexican restaurant we both love. It has a buffet. The have nicely grilled chicken and beef that would be used for fajitas, but you can tell it's cooked separately from the onions or peppers. Even those two are cooked separately from each other and served on the buffet separately. A nice touch for those who won't or can't eat any of those ingredients or those of us on IP. I take a big plate of shredded lettuce and add peppers and chicken. The have homemade pico de gallo, which I used just a tad as I wasn't sure how many carbs. It's not the kind with lots of tomatoes, more like marinated chopped onions, cilantro, and peppers. I wondered if I could have more of that. Any ideas? I was so happy and so was he.

Any ideas on the pico and also their homemade salsa?

I love this WingnutandMe. Haven't really eaten out but not it's getting to me so helpful suggestions like this are appreciated.

Personally, I think pico de gallo should be fine. We are allowed tomatoes occasionally and pico de gallo uses very little tomatoes. To my knowledge there is no sweetener in it, just lime juice I think. It's so light and refreshing, it will pick up any meal. I am unsure about salsa as you would have to ask what each is made with.

The cars sound fun. On weekends, I see the classic cars on the beautiful more windy country roads.

Good morning everyone. I'm very excited to report I have a new coach at a new clinic as of yesterday. He is a doctor and has lost 65lbs on IP and knows how to work the plan and tweak it, unlike my old location where I never saw the "medical" supervision just a couple of rail thin girls hired to "coach" who never even bothered to read Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book. He answered all of my questions. He gave me his email and his cell and said to feel free to be in touch any time! He doesn't charge for weigh-ins (was $15 per week) and his per box price will save me $9 per week AND the parking is free, saving me another $12 per week! And it turns out it's closer to my house. And he is fine with using some IP products and some alternatives (like the big bulk container of Protiwell hot chocolate that should be here via Fedex tomorrow. So I'll easily recoup the $250 difference for the start up fee by the time I finish and feel so much better about the process along the way!

After my b'day binge on Thursday (planned in advance) and my TOM hitting on Friday I was up 2lbs yesterday, but am back down 1 today. I'm perfectly fine with that. But the best news is that he think he sees the problem with my slow loss and my constant lean muscle loss, even though it's small, it's still lean muscle loss and we are tweaking my protein intake and instead of 4 "meals" a day, we are spreading things out so I'm eating something about every 3 hours.

Fingers crossed to be back in full blown ketosis quickly and start hitting at least 2lbs a week drops quickly.

Reading everything you all write definitely has helped me over the past couple of very frustrating weeks. But I can feel it in my bones that getting rid of the financial stress and aggravation of my old clinic should release some excess pounds!

Lilmink, this is great to hear. Those dollars really add up. It makes no sense to me that a doctors office would be cheaper but I do like the fact you are seeing a Dr. I like my clinic and it is very close but with some of my symptoms, I do wish they were able to do bloodwork and vitals there. No biggie, my Dr. is supportive and I can see her any time. BTW, my lab results were good, yes just after a month.

You can get little goodies for yourself with your saved money or save it for a treat. This program is very pricey, regardless of where you are in the country, you want to see results or at least someone competent and willing enough to help you get there. My clinic contacts people above them for answers when then don't have them. They also went through the program themselves.

Keep me posted on how the frequent meals work for you. I had a lot of trouble with hunger before so I started adding egg whites sometimes and sometimes I will just pop a boiled egg. The one thing I can't do is go 5 hours without food. I probably need to eat every 3-4 hours. Which is fine. In the beginning, I was hungry but then dinner was too much and I could not eat it. I suspect some of us are designed for 4-5 small meals a day.

Jag23
02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Oh What A Morning ! I got on the scale this morning and I did it! I am down to 157.8.........I wanted to be 157 for my trip to Mexico,and with IP I got my greatest wish.............Love this diet and not finding it difficult at all.........
I read all the info on here,the input from all of you,and its keeping me strong........I'm skipping through the day

purple sky
02-05-2012, 03:57 PM
HI Ladies,

Hang in there, mrsmurphy. The colonoscopy prep is not too much fun. But, they give you some nice meds. Make sure they give you the nice meds.

When you feel better, do some research on high fiber diets. It may not be the worst thing but I don't really know. This diet just does not have enough fiber and you need things to move through. Take care of yourself. Rest. Laugh. Put your feet up.

le506
02-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Hi everybody-
Just popping in for a random question that I need help with...

Pumpkin seeds... yes or no?

starry1672
02-05-2012, 05:14 PM
NSV! I painted my toenails today. Why, you may ask is that a NSV? Because I can reach my toes to paint them!! My daughter doesn't have to do them for me now...lol!

NavyMommy
02-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi everybody-
Just popping in for a random question that I need help with...

Pumpkin seeds... yes or no?

No, no seeds on this diet :( Sorry!

Love this, but especially the bolded. Honestly on this diet it's not an option, so why torture yourself with thoughts of off program food and what you want to have. You know what you can have so make the best of it! There's no wiggle room, even for the 'occasional' or 'planned' cheat so I don't even think about it.

starry1672
02-05-2012, 05:17 PM
LIKE BUTTON!!!!!

LIKE!!!

QHLover
02-05-2012, 05:36 PM
enjoying the "mashed" potatoes (cauliflower) right now. For those that haven't tried them YUM is the best way to describe them.

QHLover
02-05-2012, 05:44 PM

yes, i was thinking exactly that. i have been having it in the morning thinking that would give me some carbs for the day. will try out the theory this week.

QHLover
02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
read in one of the posts that some people were being charged for weigh-ins. I am not charged for the WI, paid $100 up front and that is it. The clinic makes its money off the products you buy. My coach is a pharmacist and she and her sister have both done the program. Does everyone pay for WIs?

Eck
02-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Today I made the cauliflower bread (1/2 head of caulif, grated, 1 egg & 1 egg white, beaten, minced onion, sprinkle of oregano and basil. I added about 2 tsp of Land O Lakes sharp cheddar sprinkles, spread on oiled parchment paper on a baking sheet and baked at 350 for 45 min). THIS. IS. AWESOME. Absolutely NOT diet-food-tasting at all! I am going to make a hamburger for supper and use this bread to make a CHEESEBURGER!!!! :carrot:

Now, all I need to do is find someone who is seeing a coach to get me some of those mashed potatoes, and find a store that has frozen rhubarb!!

I cannot believe the variety that is possible on a diet that is this restricted. The BEST of both worlds, for sure.

Do you cook the cauliflower or just use the raw grated?

purple sky
02-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Come on here and read about how sucessful others are. There is always someone here ready to offer encouragement. You don't even have to post to get encouragement on here...you can read what others are saying to encourage someone else who's having a bad day.

Thank you, Ishbel. You really made my day today. Been a little more mopey in recent days so I came on and just started reading. Everybody's comments help. When I got to your post, I just lit up. Not sure what my issue was. I think I wanted more energy or for the scale to move. Something. Then, it all came into perspective and I was fine. Voila...better day. I find that sometimes during this diet for hours or longer I may get down or mopey or something and then it just stops. The little issue that I felt was a bigger issue is no longer. Scales don't just move down because they did before. We are not paying them. Sometimes our bodies don't wanna budge. Just does not feel like it. Anyway, thank you.

slcrews
02-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Well good afternoon everyone, Hope everyone is having a Blessed Day. Well tomorrow is my Start Day, - DAY 1. (Even though I have been trying to add more veggies already to my diet) I meet with my Coach Rose tomorrow morning to pick up my IP meals and get weighed in. I am excited about getting started. My friend Ray has told me, it not easy, but if I follow it without cheating the end results will be awesome. :carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slider-scaleblue/lb/195/140/195/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Ishbel
02-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Mrs Murphy - get better, don't worry about the diet it will still be here when you're better! :hug:

Purple Sky - awesome that a post could make your day! Happens to me all the time I just neglect to thank the person (so thanks back!) I find myself on a rollercoaster of emotions some weeks. Don't forget that our hormones are balancing so be aware that it's your diet, not necessarily YOU! Also helps to be aware so you aren't putting the people you love through the wringer LOL! (my VIP is pretty special as he's quietly put up with a few GRRRRs from out of no where)

thin4me
02-05-2012, 06:36 PM
read in one of the posts that some people were being charged for weigh-ins. I am not charged for the WI, paid $100 up front and that is it. The clinic makes its money off the products you buy. My coach is a pharmacist and she and her sister have both done the program. Does everyone pay for WIs?

Let me know how you make out testing what time to have the Restrictives.
My clinic does not charge to weight in, nor did we have a start up fee. I am in Canada though and the IP Diet does not have to go through a doctors office - perhaps that is the difference. Course the knowledge the coaches have is not the best either.

purple sky
02-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I am thinking of making a mole sauce. I found some information online about lo-carb Mexican food and other foods. So, it got me thinking. Well, I was inspired from talking of Mexican food in this thread.

I found this and I feel like I can play around with this.

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/8 tablespoon dried minced garlic
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers

I will skip the onion or add later (maybe just onion powder) and as far as I can tell unsweetened cocoa powder is low carb. I need to do some research. It looks like some brands are better than others. I don't know if our soup packets can work. maybe I can just throw some tomatoes or just omit it. I found another recipe without tomatoes using chicken stock.

omgzitsmiranda
02-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I really liked this quote & thought some of you all may too.
"When you feel like giving up the most, remember why you began." :)

Also, I'm half way to wonderland! WOO HOO.

WingnutandMe
02-05-2012, 06:52 PM
I love this WingnutandMe. Haven't really eaten out but not it's getting to me so helpful suggestions like this are appreciated.

Personally, I think pico de gallo should be fine. We are allowed tomatoes occasionally and pico de gallo uses very little tomatoes. To my knowledge there is no sweetener in it, just lime juice I think. It's so light and refreshing, it will pick up any meal. I am unsure about salsa as you would have to ask what each is made with.

The cars sound fun. On weekends, I see the classic cars on the beautiful more windy country roads.

Lilmink, this is great to hear. Those dollars really add up. It makes no sense to me that a doctors office would be cheaper but I do like the fact you are seeing a Dr. I like my clinic and it is very close but with some of my symptoms, I do wish they were able to do bloodwork and vitals there. No biggie, my Dr. is supportive and I can see her any time. BTW, my lab results were good, yes just after a month.

You can get little goodies for yourself with your saved money or save it for a treat. This program is very pricey, regardless of where you are in the country, you want to see results or at least someone competent and willing enough to help you get there. My clinic contacts people above them for answers when then don't have them. They also went through the program themselves.

Keep me posted on how the frequent meals work for you. I had a lot of trouble with hunger before so I started adding egg whites sometimes and sometimes I will just pop a boiled egg. The one thing I can't do is go 5 hours without food. I probably need to eat every 3-4 hours. Which is fine. In the beginning, I was hungry but then dinner was too much and I could not eat it. I suspect some of us are designed for 4-5 small meals a day.

As some may have read previously, my husband and I have classic cars. We also have a lot of "Murphy's Law" incidents in our lives. One day I came home and lying on my computer chair was a hand drawn picture of a cartoon wingnut like character. My husband was discouraged and down and sketched it out. It has stuck. I took some different drawings of nuts and bolts and designed what you see as my avatar. We have a lot of fun with the cars. Lately, not one has been drivable, so we have not been able to enjoy a nice afternoon cruise. Maybe next weekend as he as parts ordered for one.

maykatcooper
02-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I am thinking of making a mole sauce. I found some information online about lo-carb Mexican food and other foods. So, it got me thinking. Well, I was inspired from talking of Mexican food in this thread.

I found this and I feel like I can play around with this.

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/8 tablespoon dried minced garlic
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers

I will skip the onion or add later (maybe just onion powder) and as far as I can tell unsweetened cocoa powder is low carb. I need to do some research. It looks like some brands are better than others. I don't know if our soup packets can work. maybe I can just throw some tomatoes or just omit it. I found another recipe without tomatoes using chicken stock.

WOW How fantastic! Just check for sugar and fat in your tom soup. I wonder if the IP tomato soup could work without curdling. The basil flavor and so on might be too hard to fight flavor wise. Anyway, thanks for this wonderful idea. I plan to try it if you say it is good. I use dehydrated onion flakes with great success or replace exact amounts using green onion instead of white and the flavors are about identical in every dish I've tried it with. Smile. Happy Cooking!:D

mrsmurphy
02-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Thank you for all the feedback. It is nice to hear encouraging words while your down. I am trying to stay positive.

Purple .. yes, I have realized this diet just doesn't have the fiber i need, in order to live healthily with diverticulosis. Anyways, i was suppose to go home today but i couldn't keep my lunch down. They are talking about surgery this week. I am freaked out... i dont like the idea of a medication putting me to "sleep." Not my idea of a good time..... oh well.. ijust figured id check in while i lay here in this bed, bored stiff.

DanafromAustin
02-05-2012, 08:07 PM
He doesn't charge for weigh-ins (was $15 per week) and his per box price will save me $9 per week AND the parking is free, saving me another $12 per week! And it turns out it's closer to my house. And he is fine with using some IP products and some alternatives (like the big bulk container of Protiwell hot chocolate that should be here via Fedex tomorrow. So I'll easily recoup the $250 difference for the start up fee by the time I finish and feel so much better about the process along the way!

I can't believe they were charging you to be weighed in. The cost of the food is enough. I always eat protein no more than 4 hours apart as it really does protect my lean muscle that way.

NSV! I painted my toenails today. Why, you may ask is that a NSV? Because I can reach my toes to paint them!! My daughter doesn't have to do them for me now...lol!
I can totally relate!!

No way!
I really liked this quote & thought some of you all may too.
"When you feel like giving up the most, remember why you began." :)

Love that quote and oh so true.

shiipa
02-05-2012, 08:15 PM
I haven't been posting much, just reading all the posts and enjoying to see your successes. I learn so much by doing that.
This is week 2 for me and I am proud to say that I passed the toughest test (or so I thought) today. I made my husband something to eat that I really love. Today, though, I made it then cooked my food, we ate together and I never once felt deprived. This is so amazing to me!!!!!!

omgzitsmiranda
02-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I haven't been posting much, just reading all the posts and enjoying to see your successes. I learn so much by doing that.
This is week 2 for me and I am proud to say that I passed the toughest test (or so I thought) today. I made my husband something to eat that I really love. Today, though, I made it then cooked my food, we ate together and I never once felt deprived. This is so amazing to me!!!!!!

Go youuuuu! You got this! :carrot::carrot:

gs463
02-05-2012, 08:20 PM

The new guidelines say 2-3 whole eggs.

stmpspaz
02-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I totally wasn't getting onto you & I just wanted to make sure you didn't feel like that lol. How much have you lost all together on IP? Is this your first time on IP? or restart?

I know! and I didn't think you were! :) This is my first time on IP and so far on *my* scale I have lost 10 LBS, weighing in the morning. My WI at the clinic is late after noon - and I am only down 7 there. I am totally ok with both. I personally and looking for 3 lbs a week. More is fine, but I don't want to get worried about getting large losses, and would rather be slow and steady! :D

shiipa
02-05-2012, 08:28 PM
The new guidelines say 2-3 whole eggs.

I hope I wasn't given outdated info but my sheet says 5oz of meat and 7oz fish.

gs463
02-05-2012, 08:30 PM

That's wonderful! My IP center is run by doctor's too. They too gave me their cell numbers from day one and have been wonderful to work with. It really makes a difference to have coaches who work the program and are not just sales people.

gs463
02-05-2012, 08:39 PM

I am in Maryland and there are no clinics here that charge for WI. You pay an upfront fee for startup, couseling, an admin fee, 10 days of IP packets and 1 mos vitamins. They just charges for IP packets. Sounds like those clinics charging for WI are not following IP guidelines.

gs463
02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
I hope I wasn't given outdated info but my sheet says 5oz of meat and 7oz fish.

Yep, you have old info. The new info is 8 oz of protien. Find out if your site went to the trainings for the new year.

newmom7611
02-05-2012, 08:49 PM

I am in Maryland and there are no clinics here that charge for WI. You pay an upfront fee for startup, couseling, an admin fee, 10 days of IP packets and 1 mos vitamins. They just charges for IP packets. Sounds like those clinics charging for WI are not following IP guidelines.

Nice to see another marylander :) where abouts are ya?

mtnsun4
02-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Was tested tonight......hubby made homemade enchiladas for dinner for he and his friend. I had shrimp, broccoli and cauliflower. :-) MISS his enchiladas but I don't miss the 20 lbs I have lost so far!

Samba
02-05-2012, 09:37 PM
I find 8 oz is a hefty portion of meat! After several days of getting started, I am beginning to figure out how to cook the meal for myself. I bought a lot of steamable veggies at first so that it was fast and easy.

2-3 eggs...I didn't know that. I love eggs!

I haven't seen anyone mention it but the info I got is to lose 100% of goal before going to Phase 2.

glomor
02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I had the "hungries" this afternoon and decided to munch on some raw cauliflower with WF ranch dressing. Yuck. The cauliflower was better alone. The ranch tasted like wallpaper paste or something. I have bought several bottles of different WF dressings, but only found two--Italian and Honey Dijon--that I can tolerate. I guess that will have to do!

Samba
02-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I had the Asian WF on my salad tonight. It wasn't too bad to me. I think I can eat just about anything though!

In to ketosis today! Yay!!

salmongirl
02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't pay for WI's either. I just buy the products and get the support. Sounds like everyone has had a good weekend. Go Patriots!

salmongirl
02-05-2012, 10:00 PM
So someone mentioned the Beck plan so I checked it out and immediately found this. It really pertains to those of you who have been tempted. Hmm, maybe that might be a book for me.

chapter 4 Stage 1The Success Skills Plan
Success Skill 8Follow Your Plan, No Matter What
resistance technique 10
Do a positive fast-forward.
Imagine, in detail, how you will feel 10 minutes after resisting the unplanned food. Visualize how you will feel: Strong and in control? Proud of yourself? Hopeful that you will get to your goal? Delighted that you exercised your resistance muscle? See yourself tomorrow morning when you get on the scale. Think about how good you will feel that you didn't give in. Once you see the entire picture, ask yourself, Which seems better: eating or not eating unplanned food?

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 101.

patns
02-05-2012, 10:11 PM
I had the Asian WF on my salad tonight. It wasn't too bad to me. I think I can eat just about anything though!

The Asian WF is excellent in a stir fry too. It is about the only WF dressing I like.

Pat

WingnutandMe
02-05-2012, 10:12 PM

I chuckled when I read, "and find a store that has frozen rhubarb!!" I am originally from Michigan and grew up with a huge patch of rhubarb next to our garage and rhubarb all year long (my grandmother always frozen lots and lots). Now I am in the rural South. People here don't even know what rhubarb is. Try to find it anywhere, at anytime of the year, it's non-existent.

I have saved all the wonderful rhubarb recipes that are on this forum and am just waiting until next summer when we travel up to Michigan to our lake house to be able to find it in the stores and at roadside stands (even planted some at our house). Too bad someone can't send me some.

Determinedat47
02-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Anyone who has bought the new ideal protein mashed potato packets- what are the calories and carbs?

Samba
02-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I will definitely try it as a stir fry! I am finding that dinner meal I fix is a time for me to take care of myself. I am trying to make it tasty and put it in a nice presentation. Much of my lifestyle problems have come from not taking time to care for myself. I do lots of things I like to do, but somehow that has not translated into taking care of my well-being.

The years added up and metabolic syndrome set in. Ugh. I don't want to go through the rest of my life fighting those chronic health issues. I really have to make a change that is consistent with reality! Seems I spent a lot of time in denial.

maykatcooper
02-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you for all the feedback. It is nice to hear encouraging words while your down. I am trying to stay positive.

Purple .. yes, I have realized this diet just doesn't have the fiber i need, in order to live healthily with diverticulosis. Anyways, i was suppose to go home today but i couldn't keep my lunch down. They are talking about surgery this week. I am freaked out... i dont like the idea of a medication putting me to "sleep." Not my idea of a good time..... oh well.. ijust figured id check in while i lay here in this bed, bored stiff.

Any ideal how long you'll be in the hospital? I am praying for you to feel much better and get on with your life quickly... but for now, for you to sleep well. Smile. :hug:

patns
02-05-2012, 10:43 PM
I chuckled when I read, "and find a store that has frozen rhubarb!!" I am originally from Michigan and grew up with a huge patch of rhubarb next to our garage and rhubarb all year long (my grandmother always frozen lots and lots). Now I am in the rural South. People here don't even know what rhubarb is. Try to find it anywhere, at anytime of the year, it's non-existent.

I have saved all the wonderful rhubarb recipes that are on this forum and am just waiting until next summer when we travel up to Michigan to our lake house to be able to find it in the stores and at roadside stands (even planted some at our house). Too bad someone can't send me some.

Do you have Safeway stores in the south? That is the only place we can find it up here. I am buying multiple bags at a time in case they stop carrying it suddenly.

DanafromAustin
02-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Do you have Safeway stores in the south? That is the only place we can find it up here. I am buying multiple bags at a time in case they stop carrying it suddenly.

Randalls is Safeway in the southern part of the country. I'll check and see if they sell it.

alex1space
02-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi ladies and gents,

I am on day 4 of IP and very excited now that I have found this awesome site. I have a question, maybe one of you might know.

I am sitting down trying to finish the last 1/2 cup of my veggies for dinner and I am so stuffed. I don't think I can stomach the rest. The same thing happened at lunch. I knew the hunger levels were going to change today, but WOW. I was not prepared to be this full.

So anyway, my question is... Do I have to eat the remaining 1/2 cup of veggies or not?

Can I start making 1 & 1/2 cups of veggies instead of 2 whole cups?

thin4me
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi ladies and gents,
I am sitting down trying to finish the last 1/2 cup of my veggies for dinner and I am so stuffed. I don't think I can stomach the rest. The same thing happened at lunch. I knew the hunger levels were going to change today, but WOW. I was not prepared to be this full.

I went through the same thing as you, we do require 4 cups of veggies per day. I usually put 1 cup of steamed veggies in my soup or 1 cup in my omelette. I then have 2 cups of raw veggies around 2pm as a snack leaving only 1 for my supper which is manageable. Another thing you can try is to have 1 cup of spinach in with your lettuce.

As well as that I try to have 1 hard boiled egg at lunch time so I don't need the 8oz of protein at supper as that is way too much as well, I usually aim for 6oz if I've had my egg.

maykatcooper
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi ladies and gents,

I am on day 4 of IP and very excited now that I have found this awesome site. I have a question, maybe one of you might know.

So anyway, my question is... Do I have to eat the remaining 1/2 cup of veggies or not?

Can I start making 1 & 1/2 cups of veggies instead of 2 whole cups?

Really are supposed to do the whole 2c but remember that any veggies, onion, celery, radish, peppers, pickles that you put in your salad count toward that 2c. That helped me out a lot. I realized I was actually getting in more than 2 cups. It does get easier. Have you tried making zucchini chips in the oven?

glomor
02-05-2012, 11:07 PM

I haven't tried the Asian. Guess I'll have to check it out! Thanks. :smug:

alex1space
02-05-2012, 11:10 PM
. It does get easier. Have you tried making zucchini chips in the oven?

I have not tried veggie chips... but it sounds great!
and a good use of some salt!

I don't each much salad because I am so full from the other foods. Hopefully it will even out in time. must be patient... so not my strong spot :dizzy:

Thanks for the great tips!

Samba
02-05-2012, 11:10 PM
I am new to this, but I noticed my information on the veggies said "respect the amounts"...no more, no less.". Glad the question came up. I will be more careful in getting them in.

maykatcooper
02-05-2012, 11:33 PM
I have not tried veggie chips... but it sounds great!
and a good use of some salt!

I don't each much salad because I am so full from the other foods. Hopefully it will even out in time. must be patient... so not my strong spot :dizzy:

Thanks for the great tips!

Zucchini chips (turnips, kohlrabi - etc)
Zucchini "Apple" Chips

Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).
From NavyMom

I spray mine with Rice Vinegar and then SeaSalt and begin removing them as they brown. The final time is probably about 25 minutes but they are browned, crispy, yummy. I use one whole zucchini and measure that at at least 1c depending on the size of the zucchini.

alex1space
02-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Oh my goodness... my mouth is watering thinking about the sweet and cinnamon ones!

Thanks for posting the recipe!
I am going to try this very soon!

watermom
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone, I have been on Ip for 3 weeks now and loving it! I actually began to see results within the first few days and that is what has been keeping me motivated to stay on track. I I had my third WI and am down 12.4 pounds.i am determined to reach my goal more than ever, partly becaseu i have seen great results, but also I have reaad many posts on this site and it is keeping me motivated!

newmom7611
02-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Anyone who has bought the new ideal protein mashed potato packets- what are the calories and carbs?

100 Cals
7 carbs
DELICIOUS

After4yrS
02-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Good evening eveyone,

I have lost a total of 18 lbs in three weeks and I'm working on my 4th week. I will weigh in on Tuesday.

But I was wondering what exactly is KETOSIS????

Thanks.

Determinedat47
02-06-2012, 12:02 AM
100 Cals
7 carbs
DELICIOUS

Thank you so much! I want some!:smug:

watermom
02-06-2012, 12:04 AM
The new potato packets also make an excellent potato soup! I just added more water, salt and pepper!Even my hubby thought it tasted pretty good!

alex1space
02-06-2012, 12:07 AM
I am making sure to ask when my coach is getting IP potatoes first thing at WI.
I'm learning all kinds of great new things today!
SO glad this community is here and supportive!

slp
02-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Zucchini chips (turnips, kohlrabi - etc)
Zucchini "Apple" Chips

Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).
From NavyMom

I spray mine with Rice Vinegar and then SeaSalt and begin removing them as they brown. The final time is probably about 25 minutes but they are browned, crispy, yummy. I use one whole zucchini and measure that at at least 1c depending on the size of the zucchini.

Your zucchini chips sound delicious! Thanks for posting.

newmom7611
02-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Thank you so much! I want some!:smug:

No problem-- i only bought one packet to try them-- thinking they'd taste gross like instant mashed potatoes--- now I'm really mad at myself because ive had to live all weekend without them lol. I'm going tomorrow to pick up a box. I think it's gonna be a top seller. At least for the non- restrictives. Nom nom nom :)

Lilmink
02-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Good evening eveyone,

I have lost a total of 18 lbs in three weeks and I'm working on my 4th week. I will weigh in on Tuesday.

But I was wondering what exactly is KETOSIS????

Thanks.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/faq/f/whatisketosis.htm

Samba
02-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Ketosis is a wonderful thing. I can't wait until I am completely through induction and get to enjoy the full benefits.

Jonis
02-06-2012, 01:56 AM

I don't pay for weigh ins and didn't have to pay for weigh in up front either. Weigh ins and coaching are part of the whole program where I go.

Ishbel
02-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Pleas see todays daily chat :)